Turning Point Events, LLC Reviews

82 | Cincinnati, OH

82 Reviews for Turning Point Events, LLC

Bob · Married on 06/10/2021

Mary promised and overdelivered!

As parents of the bride-to-be, you want your daughter and son-in-law’s wedding day to be extra special and memorable for them, and to be able to help them in any way possible! What made this especially challenging for us as parents, was that this wedding was an out of town event (some 1,000 miles away in Denver), and the “kids” wanted to do it on a tight budget and do much of the wedding planning and coordination themselves!

We thought about suggesting to them the possibility of using a wedding planner to help plan their dream wedding, but first we had to find a wedding planner. We asked friends and neighbors in Cincinnati for recommendations, and ONE name consistently came up – Mary Barkocy, owner of Turning Point Events!

We approached the kids and asked them if they would be interested in using Mary’s expertise, and they jumped at the opportunity (as their stress level was increasing as the big day was fast approaching)! Through the next several months, Mary helped them stay within budget, saving them money by working directly with vendors and contractors, helped the kids with checklists and timelines and to-do lists, helped them sort through cost cutting options (while still trying to give them the wedding of their dreams), and she even gave them things to do or consider not doing, as they prepared for this special day. Additionally, to ensure the wedding went as planned, she was willing to travel to Denver to make sure things went as smoothly as possible.

Mary’s team was non-stop for several days prior to the wedding to ensure things went well. Mary coordinated and managed the Denver vendors, handled the rehearsal and she also managed the transformation of the kids’ church to a reception hall. Mary designed table layout options for the available lobby space in the church and arranged for lighting specialists to “convert the lobby to a reception area”. She also personally arranged the flowers and centerpieces as well.

What makes Mary so unique as a wedding planner is that she is not trying to plan a wedding that she wants - but rather what the bride and groom want! She uses her vast experience as a wedding planner, her experience as a mom of 3 married daughters, her experience as a wife of 35+ years and the ability to listen and continue to move forward to get the job done! She sees the big picture, but is very attentive to the many details involved with a wedding to make it amazing. And boy was our daughter’s wedding amazing. Words can’t express how amazing this out of town wedding was. But in the words of my daughter the day after the event “We LOVED IT, We can’t stop talking about it, It was PERFECT”.

We would strongly recommend Mary to help make your daughter’s wedding a memory to last a lifetime!

Sent on 10/18/2020
  • Brett

Brett H. · Married on 06/01/2021

Mary was perfect!

Mary made our day amazing and far exceeded our expectations. She is the perfect balance of getting the right things done and being empathetic to the many decisions needed to pull a great wedding together. Mary was our day-of coordinator and did a great job making sure we were only included in the right decisions at the right time. Our day went so well and all of our friends mentioned how amazing our wedding was.

Sent on 10/19/2020
  • Alyssa

Alyssa K. · Married on 05/15/2021

Absolutely amazing!

I cannot stress enough how important a wedding coordinator is and I cannot stress enough that Mary should be that coordinator for you. As a COVID bride, I had my fair share of ups and downs throughout the wedding planning process and Mary was there for me every step of the way. She is always so responsive, so organized and so easy to work with. She became a great friend along the way and I am so beyond grateful for her support and help. My wedding was an absolute dream and I truly have Mary to thank for it. She is there for any late night text with questions, a quick Facetime call to go over details, and has solutions to every problem out there. I've always been a person who has to have control over a lot of things, and I put all my trust into Mary and her team and I'm so happy I did. I didn't have to worry about a thing because she always had it covered. She is so great at what she does and she is one aspect to your wedding that you will never regret having. Thank you, Turning Point Events, for literally everything!

Sent on 05/26/2021
  • Meghan

Meghan M. · Married on 02/27/2021

Exceeded all our expectations for the perfect day!!

The best decision we ever made in the wedding planning process was hiring Mary as our coordinator and florist. She is knowledgeable, genuine, helpful, calm when things get stressful, the kindest human, and always on top of things. She put together the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen and executed a day that could've been overwhelming if we did it alone, but with her help, was the best day of our lives! She helped make our wedding day everything we could have ever dreamed of, even in the midst of a pandemic. We are forever thankful for Mary and all she did for us!!

Sent on 03/10/2021
  • Emily

Emily S. · Married on 12/09/2020

Professional & experienced wedding planner

Mary was our day of coordinator, florist, and helped us plan all the details leading up to our wedding. She offers expert advice to make your day run smoothly, and is gifted in smoothing out all the fine details. Due to COVID-19, we had to change a vast majority from what we originally planned (including a change in venue) and we could not have done this without her. She took the time to walk us through all of our options and helped us to decide what would be the best solution would be to still have our dream wedding while keeping our friends and family safe. She problem solves calmly and efficiently. She is quick to respond to all questions and is incredibly willing to help at all times. Her floral arrangements were BEAUTIFUL, she did exactly what I wanted. It was so simple for me to just give her a few inspiration photos and I knew I could trust her to do the rest, she did not disappoint!

Sent on 10/13/2020

Brandie · Married on 06/05/2020

Thank you!

We were blessed to have Mary as our day-of coordinator for our wedding! She went above and beyond for us every step of the way. Having a wedding on private property meant more logistics than anticipated; I am so grateful to Mary and her team for making sure everything ran smoothly. Mary executed everything exactly how we wanted and kept the day very low stress for my mother and myself. We cannot thank her enough!

Sent on 05/29/2019

Cassie M. · Married on 04/10/2020

So thankful for Mary!!

Mary was incredible and so helpful on my wedding day! She created beautiful flowers and made sure they stayed fresh. She was on time and helped out wherever she could. You should absolutely choose her for any of your wedding needs!! We LOVED working with her!

Sent on 10/14/2020
  • Abigail

Abigail H. · Married on 01/18/2020

Best decision we made!

Marys services are worth their weight in gold. Mary helped us understand what we wanted from the very beginning and worked to make it a reality down to every detail. She made the days leading up to the wedding and the wedding day itself so much more relaxed and easy than we ever could have thought! She’s professional, diligent, creative, and a blast to work with. If We could give one piece of advice for future couples, it would be to hire Mary. She will save you money in a bunch of different areas and help make your day fun for your guests and yourselves. Her years of experience are one of her biggest assets as a planner/coordinator. She’ll help you with big picture vision down to every detail, like what size candles you need for you space. She’s even amazing at arranging flowers! We can’t recommend her enough!!!!!!

Sent on 02/29/2020
  • Marty

Marty M. · Married on 01/18/2020

Would Not Change a Thing!

My only daughter's wedding album is open on my lap and I'm smiling (and honestly, choked up -- again). What beautiful memories of a wonderful weekend. She and her husband were blessed to have the kind of simple but beautiful event that they had hoped for, and we owe so much of that to Mary at Turning Points Event. As she had assured us, and other parents we knew had already experienced, every need had been anticipated by Mary and every detail pre-planned. Mary lived up to her reputation of being gifted, personable, and detail-oriented, which allowed for a largely stress-free weekend for the couple and their families! The wedding was touching, the flowers were so lovely, the reception was a blast, our guests were treated so well, and no one went into long-term debt. What else could we have asked for? Thank you again to Mary and her team!

Sent on 10/18/2020
  • Kaleejah

Kaleejah P. · Married on 11/05/2019

Best Wedding Vendor Decision!!

We cannot express in enough words how great of a decision it was to hire Mary for our wedding. From the moment I met her, I just knew she would be the PERFECT person to help make mine and Michael's wedding day absolutely amazing! Throughout the planning process, whenever we would speak to Mary about our wedding vision, she instantly knew what we wanted and would come up with the best plans, ideas, and designs to help pull everything together. Five stars does not do her justice! If I could give her more, the limit literally would not exist on how many stars I could give!

Mary not only was our wedding planner, she also doubled as our florist and completely hands down captured exactly what we wanted for the design and look of our wedding. I was speechless (which isn't very like me) when I got to view the room. I couldn't wait for Michael to see our vision had truly come to life! We hired Mary because we needed a day of wedding planner and florist but we got so so SO much more. We got a new life friend. If you are looking for someone who truly, genuinely cares about you, your soon to be Mr or Mrs, and honestly your whole wedding guest list, HIRE MARY. No, don't search for other options..Just trust this review and choose Mary. You seriously will NOT regret it!

Sent on 05/21/2019
  • Michael

Michael P. · Married on 11/05/2019

Couldn't be happier

I can't thank Mary enough. She was the best investment we made in this whole wedding process because none of it would have worked the way it did without her. My wife was able to relax and actually enjoy our wedding day because of all the effort and energy Mary put into it. At first I told my wife we really didn't need a planner when we started, but now I think she was one of our most important vendors. She made the entire weekend so awesome. Without Mary there I know my wife and I would have been so stressed out. There were so many things I didn't realize until we had Mary's advice and expertise to help us. She also did our flowers and I couldn't believe how great they looked. Everyone complemented us all night on how amazing everything looked. Don't hesitate when choosing because Mary and her team are worth every penny and more.

Sent on 05/21/2019

Robin B. · Married on 10/19/2019

Turning Point Events

Mary was so great to work with through the entire process. At first I did not think we needed a planner but she was totally worth it! She helped us think through all the little and big decisions that needed to be made. She was in constant communication with us the month leading up to the wedding, always responding quickly. She reached out and confirmed all the vendors the weeks leading up the wedding. She ran our rehearsal and the day of timeline. It was so helpful to have someone there keeping everyone organized and on time. We had a great venue, a great band, and great photographer, and Mary was the glue that pulled it all together. We were so happy with our entire wedding weekend and so grateful we had Mary's expertise and help through the process.

Sent on 09/18/2019

Chris S. · Married on 09/21/2019

Couldn't Do it Without Them!

Mary was an exceptional event coordinator and I'm so glad that she was available for our wedding! She was so helpful throughout the whole process; she made great suggestions during our phone call meetings (long distance wedding planning) and also handled all of the floral arrangements, even putting them together herself (we had so many compliments on them). We also had some minor changes that we wanted during our wedding day and she was so accommodating and went right to work handling all of them with no complaint or hesitation, which was a huge stress reliever for us. I couldn't imagine trying to plan & execute our big day without her help!

Sent on 10/01/2019
  • Carol

Carol G. · Married on 09/21/2019

Wedding Planner and Floral Designer

We used Mary from Turning Point Events for our daughter’s wedding and loved her! Mary has fantastic professional experience – dealing with venues, caterers, photographers, etc. But she also has an incredible heart for listening to what the bride and groom want their wedding to be. Mary also did our florals and they were GORGEOUS! My daughter had loosely described her vision and Mary nailed it and then some! I have never seen prettier bouquets, garlands and centerpieces.
    Throughout the planning process Mary was a joy to work with and quick to respond to texts or emails. On the day of the wedding she was a calming presence, handling all of the details so that we could just enjoy the day.

Sent on 10/01/2019

Mary B. · Married on 09/07/2019

Outstanding!

Mary Barkocy and her team at Turning Point Events added every bit of the understanding and grace and professionalism we needed to make our daughter's wedding full of the joy, the celebration, and the spiritual depth we hoped for. The bride and groom were thrilled! So were their parents!

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Caity

Caity S. · Married on 08/31/2019

Hire Mary!! She is the best!!

Thanks to Mary and her assistant Corinne our day went so smoothly! We used Mary to help plan our day and for florals. She is great to work with and you can tell she loves what she does! She was quick to respond to any question I had and perfectly executed our vision for our day. Any time I needed anything on the wedding day Mary or Corinne was there to help, whether it was bustling my train or making sure I had water to drink. I highly recommend Mary for your day! I was able to enjoy the day thanks to Mary and her attention to detail!

Sent on 09/08/2019

Daniella O. · Married on 07/21/2019

Best decision we made!

My husband and I got married on 7/21. We did all the prep planning with what we wanted, but when we started to think about the details and actual day, we realized we really needed help and didn't want to have anyone in our family or guests doing any work. That's when we chose Mary with Turning Point Events as our day-of coordinator and it was the BEST decision we made! She planned every detail we didn't even think about, started working with our vendors beforehand, and was very responsive and communicative through the entire process. When it came to the actual day, we had a last minute switch of the ceremony venue and Mary coordinated all the time and vendor changes so that it was completely seamless! She handled every detail on the day of our wedding so well that I had no stress about things falling into place. We received so many complements throughout the entire evening on how well it flowed!
    For someone who has never planned a wedding, you don't realize there is so much thought and and prep that goes into the actual day. Mary was a lifesaver and I would recommend her to anyone planning a wedding!

Sent on 07/23/2019

Charles B. · Married on 07/04/2019

Very Pleased with Turning Point Events, LLC.

As the Mom and Dad of the bride, we cannot say enough good things about Mary and Turning Point Events, LLC. In this day and age when people and companies rarely delivery value, Mary was exceptional. Perfect blend of punctuality, professionalism, knowledge and kindness. She represented our family name with integrity since she both found and contracted with wedding vendors. Before and during the wedding she worked well with the bridal party, the venue and the vendors. The wedding was a great success measured by everything being on time, on budget and most important - a gift the bride, the groom and our wedding guests will never forget. We highly recommend Mary Barkocy.

Sent on 07/15/2019
  • Carolyn

Carolyn B. · Married on 07/04/2019

Wonderful planner, a pleasure to work with!

The absolute best decision we made in planning our daughter and now son-in-laws wedding. I cannot say enough about Mary. Her kindness and professionalism know no bounds. She was helpful in guiding us through the many decisions that are needed in planning a wedding. Her knowledge of local vendors and which ones would best suit our daughter and her husbands vision of their day was impressive to say the least. Her coordination of the days timeline was key and provided all of us with a relaxed, fun, loving stress free day. Start with the decision to bring Mary on board and everything else will flow from there.

Sent on 07/16/2019

Allee R. · Married on 06/22/2019

Made the impossible...POSSIBLE!

Mary easily went above and BEYOND on what was expected for our wedding preparations and the day of!! She stepped in with ease and tackled the small and big items without question! In full honesty, I couldn't imagine having our wedding go as well as it did without her. She made it happen plus more! She was there through the smiles, tears, breakdowns and wasn't afraid to tell people what needed to be done. Her attitude/leadership gave me the confidence knowing that everything was being taken care of the day of the wedding. I didn't have to worry about anything the day of. If there was something wrong, I would never know because Mary took care of it. I wish there was a way to rate more than 5 stars because she deserves it! I never thought I would need a wedding planner until I met Mary and I couldn't imagine doing it without her by our side. She quickly became a friend as well and I hope to stay in touch with her as my husband and I continue on our journey!! We can't say thank you enough but hope this is a start :)

Sent on 07/23/2019

Kschweer · Married on 12/29/2018

Kudos to Mary

I suggest Mary and Turning Points for your wedding planning. Our event turned out spectacular with kudos from everyone. She was responsive, conscientious, and knowledgeable, yet laid back and pleasant. She enhanced our ideas and plans with gifted and experienced know-how. From early planning days her coordination with the vendors to beautifying the venue, she was top-notch. Come event day, we had no worries. We were in good hands. Thank you, Mary.

Sent on 01/05/2019

Maggie P. · Married on 12/29/2018

Made the day perfect

Hiring Mary was the single best decision we made for the entire wedding. We hired her for the day of the wedding but she did so much more than that. She helped us with making logical decisions and gave us suggestions on what she knows to work well to make the day run smoothly. My mom and I were so at ease on the wedding day because we knew we had Mary. She is so organized, responsive, precise, and genuinely wants your wedding day to be the best day of your life. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Mary and her business.

Sent on 01/08/2019
  • Katie

Katie G. · Married on 10/20/2018

A Sweet Surprise!

so beautiful. From flowers to centerpieces to coordinating out of town family to just being there for a reality check. Mary made it all happen. Truly we could not be more grateful for her expertise, guidance, and sense of style. She was a meaningful support for my husband and I through the whole process and we are more grateful to her than words can say. Especially for helping my mom pull off a behind the scenes surprise in a way that left me more than happy as a bride who had thought through so much of the day and left my mom feeling really valued and cherished. Mary can work her magic with any family, at any venue, at any time of year. We just loved her!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Judie D. · Married on 10/20/2018

Goodman Wedding 10/20/2018

I have to admit I was skeptical when my daughter, Katie told me she wanted to hire a wedding planner.
    I thought we had it all under control; we already had the venue for the wedding and the reception. We had picked a baker for the cake and the caterer for the food. She had already talked to the florist, so I didn’t know what else a wedding planner could do.
    I was so wrong. Mary took all the stress and hassle out of all the little things that will either make or break a wedding.
    I contacted Mary to help me with a special surprise I was planning for the reception. I wanted to recreate the “All You Need is Love” scene from the movie Love Actually. She helped me pull it off to perfection.
    The day of the wedding went like clockwork. I have never been to a wedding or heard of a wedding where at least one little thing did not go as planned. Mary made sure that everything was perfect and on time for the complete wedding day. I think she may have even had a hand in making sure that it didn’t rain during the day, and that the chapel next door just happened to ring their bells as Katie walked down the aisle.
    It was a magical wedding that I know would not have been the same without the help of Mary.

Sent on 10/26/2018