Turf Valley Resort Reviews

Turf Valley Resort 6
Turf Valley Resort 7
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 05/23/2015

Turf Valley was a beautiful venue to host our ceremony and reception. The outside garden was picturesque with weeping willow trees and a gorgeous gazebo and they day could not have been more perfect! We highly suggest the Waterford Room, as this is in a different wing of the hotel, with a separate area for cocktail hour with marble flooring and a larger dancefloor. The hor devours were delicious - we recommend the crab dip, mini beef wellington, and the scallops wrapped in bacon and fried shrimp, which were all a huge hit! Our meal choices of filet and chicken picatta (more popular with excellent reviews on the cooking of the meat) or salmon (my personal fav) were very popular - the baker they use was not like any other dry wedding cake... it was not only beautiful and one of my favorite decorations at the event, but also extremely delicious. I will be using Debi Fleury in the future - Best cake ever! (We got lemon, which we usually dislike, but it was refreshing, light and amazing and other layer was yummy chocolate with chocolate ganache)

Our sales rep Jaime Petit was AMAZING!!!! She was recommended through other WW users and I am so glad she was my go-to girl! She made sure the event was perfect and focussed on every detail. Her personality is wonderful and I loved working with her - She really knows how to connect to her brides and work with all the people involved. Attentive and down to earth - Highly recommended!!! Loved her!

Sent on 06/06/2015

Sara · Married on 05/03/2015

Throughout the entire process of planning our wedding ceremony and reception at Turf Valley, our coordinators were very attentive, helpful, and flexible. The food was great, cocktail hour was perfect, and the outdoor venue is absolutely beautiful. The maître d was incredible the day of the wedding and really made everything go smoothly.

Sent on 05/03/2015

Turf Valley Resort's reply:

Thank you for your review - I'm so glad that we were able to help make your wedding day wonderful!

Take care,
    Andrea Bush
    eCommerce Manager

Our wedding at Turf Valley was absolutely perfect! They know how to do weddings! The coordinating staff is very responsive, very knowledgeable and very helpful. My (now) husband loved doing the tasting there. Everything was perfectly executed in the way that I had pictured and hoped. Honestly, the food was amazing and our guests really enjoyed it. The staff were attentive to us and to our guests. We couldn't have asked for a better experience for our wedding. We highly recommend having your wedding at Turf Valley. They know what they are doing, they know how to make you comfortable and feel valued, and they execute flawlessly.

Sent on 10/21/2014
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 09/20/2014

Having my rehearsal and my wedding at Turf Valley was awesome!

My rehearsal went amazingly, the sales staff was SUPER helpful, and my day-of Maitre D' was so helpful! The staff of Turf Valley worked well with not only be, but with my vendors as well. :)

Sent on 09/23/2014
  • Laurie

Laurie · Married on 09/14/2014

Jaime Petit was our event coordinator, and she was great. She answered the smallest question and was there for our every need. She went above and beyond for my new mother in law who is in a wheelchair with her requests including measuring specific heights in specific areas. Paul was our Maitre D for the wedding day, very personable and accommodating for all our needs. The rest of the catering staff made the reception flow smoothly. We received many glowing reviews on the food and overall experience at Turf Valley from our guests. You get what you pay for and then some when dealing with true professionals. We can't thank them enough for making our special day memorable for all the right reasons.

The hotel staff was also great.

Sent on 09/15/2014

Rachel · Married on 06/28/2014

I had my reception at Turf Valley, and not only was the location beautiful and the food great, but the event went perfectly. This was the result of their excellent staff. Our Maitre D' was attentive throughout the event, but still managed to be unobtrusive. I think the only times I saw her were when I was looking for something, and she would pop up with it. My husband and I were never in want of anything. She went the extra mile to make sure that our parents were well taken care of the whole night.

Jamie, the events coordinator, worked with me from the beginning. She was attentive and very flexible. She would respond to all of my e-mails within a couple of hours, and sometimes within a couple of minutes. She made helpful suggestions throughout the planning process. For example, a lot less people decided to get hotel rooms than I was expecting. About a month before our room block ended she contacted me to see if I wanted to reduce the number of reserved rooms at no additional cost, and thus reduce the number of rooms we were contracted to fill. It was a huge relief. This was just one of the many helpful and considerate things she did for us. I don't know what I would have done with out her.

Sent on 07/09/2014

Amanda · Married on 06/28/2014

I never write a review for anything... but after our wedding I knew that I had to write a review for Turf Valley! Our day (and everything leading up to it) was absolutely perfect. Our wedding coordinator was Jaime, and she was awesome. Throughout the whole planning process, she was always available for all of the questions I had, and was so flexible when I wanted to change or add anything. She set it up for me that I was able to have an Executive King Suite room for the night before the wedding, let me come up a couple times to check out the venue, and was so organized and thorough when we brought all of our items pertaining to the wedding. She was so professional and knowledgeable, and I am so glad that she was able to answer all of my questions, and make great recommendations for things we didn't even think of!
    The actual day of our wedding at Turf Valley was perfect and so well put together. Our maitre'd, Ashley, was sure that everything was in place, and was there to help us with whatever we needed throughout the entire night. The ceremony in the outside garden was a beautiful backdrop and had great scenery. Our guests raved about all of the food during cocktail hour, and how beautifully set up it was. I mean, even the cocktail hour was glamorous! (Beef Wellington puffs, Chicken Sesame Satay, Raspberry Almond Brie.. mmm!) The staff did a great job setting up. The dinner service was great, and the filet mignon and crabcakes were the best I'd ever had! Everyone could not stop talking about how amazing the food was (my friends and family are still talking about it). I could go on and on about how much fun we had at Turf Valley, and I am so thankful to all of the staff who helped set up such a beautiful day. I am truly so glad that we had Jaime as our wedding coordinator, and that we had our wedding at Turf Valley. It was the perfect day that I wish I could re-live over and over again!

Sent on 07/09/2014

Rania · Married on 06/07/2014

We recently had our wedding at Turf Valley Resort and were blown away with the amazing service and help we received especially from our event coordinator Jaime Petit!!! From day one I was amazed with the help she was able to give us, I was not the most easy bride to work with and was very indecisive and changed my mind constantly lol. Jaime helped us narrow down details, and what we need and don't need for our event. Especially when it came to the food and cocktail hour, they were very flexible with helping people with a budget and helped us see what we could substitute and change to make it work for us, and it didn't mean we had to sacrifice anything we wanted! Too many other places had us cutting out the liquor of our reception (which obviously a wedding without the bar, is just a lame party lol) but Turf Valley, more importantly Jaime helped us work our budget to get everything we wanted and more! Jaime was more like a wedding coordinator for us lol, she is just that helpful and was always able to be reached via email, even when I would email her at 2am, she would respond sometimes if she was on at home, or first thing in the morning! I never had to chase her down to get a question answered! The ceremony site at Turf Valley is breathtaking! That alone is worth having your wedding there! The convenience of the hotel as well being right there made it so nice for our guests and kept our party going well into the early hours of the morning! The ballrooms are gorgeous and allow you to dress them up any way you like! The food was AMAZING! Part of the reason we chose Turf Valley was because everyone that had been there all they raved about was the food and it def did not disappoint! Also the cocktail hour provides SO much food that you know your guests will not leave hungry! They had the most reasonable pricing with the most amazing venue and service which was a no-brained to choose them! I would HIGHLY recommend this venue and more importantly Jaime Petit to help you!

Sent on 06/12/2014

Michelle · Married on 06/07/2014

Our reception at Turf Valley was simply amazing and perfect in every way. Jenny B was amazing to work with and made everything so easy. She was very flexible and accomodating to all of our needs. We loved that we could drop off all of our wedding stuff two weeks before in our locker so we didn't have to think about a single thing the day of the wedding or week leading up to it as well. They set up everything perfectly and the Waterford room is so beautiful. They made my wedding dream come to life. The grounds of the venue are also stunning for pictures. We met our Maitre-D Jen and she was awesome. She was very professional, helpful, and friendly. All of our vendors worked smoothly together. The food and cake were amazing. Our guests couldn't get enough of the crab cakes. We stayed at the hotel that night as well as our guests. Everyone enjoyed the bar after the wedding as well as the fire pits outside. It made for a great place to continue the party. The rooms were nice and we had special goodies waiting for us in our room. I wouldn't change a thing and want to relive our wedding again and again.

Sent on 07/01/2014

Candace · Married on 05/03/2014

Turf Valley was the perfect venue for our wedding. Planning was made super easy since we were able to have the ceremony and reception location and all the food contracted through one vendor. Mosts of our guests were also traveling from far away so it was helpful to them to have a single destination where they could attend the wedding and also have the hotel all in the same place. The event planning staff are all very helpful and prompt in answering any questions and have lots of tips and great advice to share. We had our ceremony in the garden and then moved inside to one of the ball rooms for the reception. The food was delicous, the wait staff and maitre'd were very polite and helpful, and all of our guests had a great time.

Sent on 07/08/2014

Carol was an excellent venue coordinator. She was very helpful with any questions I had and gave helpful suggestions through the planning. She was also very supportive. The maître D', Latisha, was also very helpful and supportive through the whole big day.

Sent on 05/05/2014

Having my wedding reception at Turf Valley was the perfect choice. They are conveniently also a hotel so guests can stay the night and not drink and drive which was a huge selling point for me. Included in the package was a complimentary night in the executive suite with a king bed for the bride and groom. My reception was in the Waterford room which doesn't have a banquet hall feel-it has dark wood paneling, dark wood chairs (with padding of course), big windows with a view of the fountain and fits 250 people-it was cozy which is what I wanted for my winter wedding. The staff is very helpful from before I booked with them to the morning after when they gave me 2pm checkout so I could have brunch with my guests. You get a maitre'd for the night, ours was Latisha and she was amazing. She was so attentive without being too much and it was great having her there for any questions I had. They handled the gifts and packed them in my parents car, they packed up my table cloths and glass cylinders (part of my centerpieces) for free and put them in my parents car. All the servers were friendly, the food was delicious-I got a lot of compliments on that-I recommend the brie and raspberry pastry as part of cocktail hour, it was a hit. So many of my guests told me it was the best wedding they've ever been to. They've been doing this for decades so they have everything down to a tee. The cake is included in the contract, it was delicious-even my husband liked it and he's not a dessert person. They use an outside baker and she said she loves working with them and has been for years which I think speaks volumes. This is a great little gem that is a perfect alternative to going somewhere in Baltimore or DC which would automatically be super expensive being in a city. Turf Valley was the perfect choice, I'm so glad I had my reception there.

Sent on 12/09/2013

Eboni · Married on 11/30/2013

They were wonderful. Everything was perfect and Carol is awesome. She responds to all of your email in about 2 hours or less. I was stressfree because of turf valley and how they take care of everything right away.

Sent on 12/16/2013

We recently held a reception at Turf Valley and were totally pleased with the affair itself and with the entire planning process. The wait staff was pleasant and efficient with Chris, our Maitre-D', attending to our every need. He was delightful!
    Above all, we were impressed with, and very grateful for the job done by Jamie Petit. Plans came together with ease under her direction. She seemed always available, certainly flexible, and definitely responsive to our needs. We loved working with her and could not have been more satisfied with the entire experience. We would not hesitate to recommend Turf Valley to others seeking a venue for their special event.
    May we add that the food was also spectacular!

Sent on 12/02/2013
  • Drea

Andrea · Married on 11/01/2013

Turf Valley was amazing to have host us for our entire wedding weekend! We did the rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception at Turf Valley and couldn't have been more pleased. Jaime was so easy to work with and made sure everything was set up the way we wanted them. The food was great, views and rooms were amazing and the staff was so nice. I would recommend them 100%! How can you resist that view of the gardens!??

Sent on 01/15/2015

Mallory · Married on 10/19/2013

I highly recommend Turf Valley. We just had our wedding and reception there, and I can not believe how perfectly everything went. My contact there, Carol, was phenomenal. Quick to respond to emails, made me feel very relaxed about the process, and extremely flexible. Our Maitre D' the day of was also absolutely phenomenal. Extremely professional, and helped ensure our day ran perfectly smoothly while remaining discreet. The outdoor ceremony site was beautiful. Our reception was in the Waterford Ballroom. The food was amazing, the decor was amazing, it was perfect! We have gotten SO many compliments from our guests about the venue. I am completely satisfied, and would highly recommend Turf Valley to anyone looking for a perfect, smooth wedding with warm and inviting yet highly professional staff.

Sent on 11/02/2013

Perry & Patty · Married on 10/18/2013

Our daughter and son-in-law’s wedding ceremony and reception were both held at Turf Valley. We highly recommend Turf Valley to those with high standards; it was the perfect venue for an extremely wonderful and flawless event. We visited several locations before discovering Turf Valley and knew immediately after meeting with the staff and seeing the facility that it was the best choice and they delivered beyond our expectations.

Jennie was our coordinator and she was exceptionally professional, responsive, and full of advice while assisting us plan the event. We could not ask for anyone better! Heather also supported us and she too was very helpful. Our Maitre D, Chris was very attentive and ensured all of our detailed planning was implemented perfectly and on time. The Turf Valley team was consistently accommodating and made the experience truly delightful.

The ceremony was held in the beautiful garden area, which is absolutely picturesque. The reception was in the finely decorated Wedgewood room with cocktails in the adjacent lobby area. Our guests are still raving about how delicious all of the food was and how extraordinary the staff was.

Sent on 10/29/2013

Jennifer · Married on 10/18/2013

Fantastic venue and services. Carol and her team were amazing to work with!

Sent on 10/29/2013

My son and daughter-in-law's reception at Turf Valley, on September 7th, 2013 was an absolutely fabulous event. The Catering Executive who worked with us, Jaime Petit was delightful, and so willing to work with us on our special touches and requests. From the moment we met the Turf Valley staff, we knew that we were dealing with professionals who are experienced, and who aim to please! Jaime was always responsive to emails and phone calls, and we knew that all final details during those last, two hectic weeks of planning would be taken care of --and they were! Each step of the planning was fun and informative.

The tasting opened our eyes to the MANY delicious choices; our dinner selection was a BIG hit with the guests. Especially the crab cakes! Debi Fleury who provides cakes from her cake studio, as part if of the reception "package" was so easy to work with. And, her cakes are top notch! The Maitre D' assigned to our reception, Chris, was so attentive and responsive to our requests. We simply could not have asked for a better team to work with.
    I must also acknowledge Victoria Mangione, who arranged our Sunday morning brunch in Maria's Room for the guests who spent the night. She graciously met with us during an unplanned visit to see the dining area, and was a pleasure to work with.

I highly recommend Turf Valley to brides and grooms, and their families. You will be in good hands, with people who excel at their work and who take pride in the high standards this venue is known for.

Sent on 09/13/2013

I had the most beautiful wedding at Turf Valley. Every employee was friendly and helpful. Carol helped me planned my perfect day. They set-up my ceremony and reception perfectly, everything ran on schedule, and they made sure all my guest were happy and satisfied. My guest couldn't stop talking about how wonderful the food tasted. All my gifts, centerpieces, left-over favors, and the top layer of my cake was in the bridal suite before we made it up the elevator. Amazing!!!

Sent on 08/03/2013

Turf Valley was the best decision we made regarding our wedding! Carol Sirchio was simply amazing, and everything went flawless during our reception. I did a lot of my own wedding flowers, decorations, etc and at Turf Valley they were very accommodating, and worked around my schedule. Turf Valley made our reception a beautiful moment to remember! Our guests were talking about their nice facilities, the great staff, the delicious food and the great time they had! We had Chris as our "helper" during the reception, he was amazing! On top of that we had a complimentary night at the Turf Valley hotel for our wedding night, the room was spacious and comfortable. We couldn't have ask for a better reception place, I highly recommend Turf Valley for a great experience at a very affordable and reasonable price.

Sent on 05/29/2013

Carlene · Married on 04/27/2013

My daughter was just married last weekend and it was absolutely beautiful. Jaime, our coordinator for all the planning was very responsive, accomodating, easy to work with, and respective to all requests. She made sure the room was set up exactly how we wanted it. The bartender was awesome, the food was delicious, and I don't think I would change a thing. Gloria was assigned to oversee the reception and she was very attentive to not only the bride and groom, but to also the parents as well. Jaime was also there on Saturday just to check in to make sure everything was ok. I would certainly recommend Turf Valley to anyone.

Sent on 05/07/2013

Stephanie · Married on 04/27/2013

My husband and I were married on April 27, 2013. Turf Valley helped make our wedding day one of the best days of my life to date. Our coordinator, Jaime, was extremely helpful, attentive, polite, and compassionate. She accommodated all of our requests and always made me feel welcome and important. Jaime was very quick to respond to all of the e-mails and voicemails (a lot) I left her on a daily basis.
    The food was second to none. I definitely recommend the filet as part of the main course. The cake was awesome! I was told by many of our guests that the cake (supplied by Turf Valley) was the most delicious cake they had ever eaten. I agree!
    The bartender, Betty, and maitre'd, Gloria, were fun, energetic, and very involved with the entire bridal party and our parents. Gloria made sure everything went accordingly and without any flaws.
    I would definitely recommend Turf Valley to anyone.

Sent on 05/08/2013

Jenee · Married on 04/20/2013

Venue is beautiful, all of the staff are nice and accommodating!!!

Sent on 05/09/2013

My experience with Turf Valley was absolutely amazing. My coordinator Jenny was extremely thorough and accommodating. She worked with me on every aspect of setting up my wedding reception. My wedding guests are still raving about the food and the great time they had. Thank you Jenny for help making my wedding a day to remember.

Sent on 03/11/2013