135 Reviews for Turf Valley Resort

Specialty Wine (2)
Shuttle (2)
Cash Bar (1)
135 Turf Valley Resort Reviews

First, let’s start with Jaime P. (Catering Account Executive). Jaime was amazing to work with! She was patient with my OCD/Type A personality, and always answered my questions timely and thoroughly (even the silly ones). She made recommendations to make my wedding better but wasn’t pushy and ultimately let me make the final decisions. She was also honest and upfront about what was to be expected through the whole process. Fast forward to the actual wedding, which was awesome. The food was delicious (many guests commented on how good it was), and the cake was exactly how I visioned. And the Maitre D (Latisha) was phenominal. She was present and attentive without being annoying and too involved. She brought drinks down to the bridal party when we were taking photographs, made sure the groom and I had our food and beverages, helped round up everyone when necessary, and absolutely refused to allow my family and I to help clean up afterward (telling us we needed to enjoy the moment). While you may be deterred by the price of Turf Valley, I can honestly say that you’re getting what you paid for (and then some). And because it’s a one-stop shop (hotel, catering, bar, cake, free room on your wedding night, etc) it is definitely a beeeze to plan for someone who doesn’t want to worry about “shopping around” for different vendors.

Profile Picture Nikki, 8/17/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Turf Valley is an awesome venue! If you want somewhere to have the Ceremony, Reception and guests to stay- this is the place for you!! The garden as the ceremony spot was beautiful and we had the Waterford room for the reception and it worked perfectly and everything turned out as we hoped! We worked mainly with Jaime through out the process and she is amazing! She was very prompt to answer any and all questions and they were flexible in our requests! Highly recommend and our guests are still raving about the food, venue and the cake!!

Profile Picture Dorothy, 8/4/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We held our wedding reception at Turf Valley resort and Spa. The food was delicious and everything went like clockwork. Our maitre de, Latisha, was attentive and the staff was friendly and helpful. We work with Jenny through out the planning process. She was knowledgeable and always responded quickly to our emails. As part of our package, we got out cake from Debi's cake studio, and it was delicious! Turf Valley also gave us a suite on our wedding night and one on our first anniversary.

Profile Picture Meredith, 7/28/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Accommodations, Cake, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

We spent an eternity looking for the right venue in the Baltimore area. After meeting Jamie Petit, we knew we had the right place. The venue is gorgeous inside and out, and while it's close to Ellicott City if you need anything, it feels peaceful and far removed. Jamie was beyond helpful, and always easy to reach. She kept things moving along, and reminded us for all the planning we had to do! Leading up to the big day, Jamie always asked if there was anything she could do for us. Paul was our maitre-d, and he was phenomenal the day of the wedding. We had planned to get married outside, but ended up getting rained out at the last minute. The crew at Turf Valley, especially Paul, made sure to help our guests move inside and had a backup room prepared for us without being asked. While taking pictures in the drizzle, Paul even brought us umbrellas (which made for some wonderful pictures!). Weddings are always stressful, but Turf Valley made everything perfect. Would recommend TVR to everyone!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/26/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Parking, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, Lighting/Sound, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables

My husband and I got married at Turf Valley Resort on 5/12/18, and we are so happy we chose this venue! We toured several venues, and Turf Valley stood out from the start. We worked with Jenny B, and her customer service skills and knowledge were what made us so comfortable. Turf Valley is a beautiful setting, but what makes it different is that the staff genuinely care about making sure you have a perfect weddinh day.

We booked the outdoor garden ceremony space, as well as the Wedgewood Ballroom for our reception. Jenny made all parts of our contract easy to understand, and she answered any questions we had super quickly.

Turf Valley makes it easy for your guests to book hotel rooms at a discounted rate, and we were also given a wedding night stay at the hotel as a complimentary part of our package. Also, we were able to drop off our wedding items before the big day, and the staff set everything up perfectly. Hailey, one of the catering sales assistants, was great with helpinh us bring everything in to store before the wedding.

Our wedding day was perfect, even with the threat of rain. Jenny gave us a great alternative indoor ceremony location, and even though we ended up not needing it, it was a huge relief to know that was an option.

Our day of coordinator was Chris Goodwin, and he was extremely helpful. We met him at our rehearsal, and he was great at organizing everyone and helping us figure out logistics. The day of the wedding, he made sure everything ran smoothly, and my husband and I didn’t have to worry about anything.

On our wedding night, we came back to our room and found champagne, some treats, and a lovely note congratulating us on our marriage. It truly was a perfect day, and Turf Valley was a huge part of that.

Thank you so much to Hailey, Jenny, Chris, and everyone at Turf Valley Resort!

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/12/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Event Planning, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access, Uncovered Outdoor

Absolutely amazing and painless experience! We had our ceremony out in the gardens which was beautiful and shaded. Everything ran seemless and everyone was extremely nice and helpful. I have zero complaints! The hospitality suite is huge and can accommodate a lot of people getting ready. Our reception was in the grand ballroom and the food was delicious! The pool is newly renovated and the spa is great! Highly recommend using them for your BIG day!

Profile Picture Christie, 5/10/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Dance Floor, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Uncovered Outdoor

Turf Valley shines like a diamond! Jaime Petit, Catering Sales Rep, is invaluable! All the Staff are professional, friendly, and first-rate. We felt like royalty on our wedding day! The venue and grounds are beautiful! The food was so delicious! Our guests said that our wedding was the best event they've been to! Thank you for making our day(April 21, 2018) so spectacular and amazing!
Bob and Cathy Costa

Profile Picture Catherine, 4/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Turf Valley was a dream come true. Jaime went ABOVE and BEYOND to make sure everything went so smoothly leading up to the wedding - she responded immediately to all of my emails, and answered all of my questions right away. She made me feel at ease throughout the entire process, and was super helpful with suggestions I didn't even ask for to make the day even better! Our day of contacts/Maitre ds were Ashley, with the help of Chris - and they were freaking awesome!! They were so attentive and kind, and made sure everything was going smoothly. They were so on top of everything! Thank you Turf Valley!

Profile Picture Katie, 12/2/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, Bridal Suite

My fiance and I knew Turf Valley was the right place to have our wedding when we met Jaime, our Catering Account Executive. Jaime went above and beyond at our first meeting and instantly made us feel comfortable. Jaime was a dream come true throughout the wedding planning process. She answered our many questions and was quick to respond to dozens of emails. We can't say enough about how amazing she was. She was accommodating when our schedule meant we could only meet early or late, and she made sure every small detail was planned out and accounted for during our final meeting. She made great recommendations and we happily took them! When the big day came and we saw all the different aspects we'd planned for come together in exactly the way we'd envisioned it, we knew it was because of Jaime. On the day of the wedding, the staff at Turf Valley was wonderful and the service was excellent; Paul, our Maitre D, kept things moving and on track, and ensured we had everything we needed throughout the evening. A big thank you to Jaime, Paul, and the staff at Turf Valley for making our wedding day wonderful!!

Profile Picture Karen, 10/28/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Jaime was great. My initial meeting with her made me feel less overwhelmed with the planning and excited about the experience. I love the Cameo room because it allowed for versatility. Guest could sit by the outdoor firepits to talk while remaining in close proximity to the reception hall. While my dreams of an outdoor wedding were interrupted by the rainy weather, our indoor wedding was beautiful as well.

The staff was organized, professional, and flexible. I loved that Turf Valley had wedding packages which took the stress out of finding multiple vendors. Their wedding tasting event was great as it allowed us the opportunity to get a sneak-peep of Turf Valley's catering.

The honeymoon suite was spacious and the view was beautiful! Our friends decorated our honeymoon suite. Turf Valley provided us with a very thoughtful snack and bottle of champagne. I am looking forward to our complementary stay on our anniversary next year!

Profile Picture Amber , 10/8/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor, Audio Equipment, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Event Planning

Wonderful!!!!!! I would highly recommend Turf Valley!

Profile Picture Janet, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

This is the best place to get married at! The staff go above and beyond to ensure your wedding there is perfect and are always happy to help answer any question. Jaime was a such a thoughtful, kind and supportive wedding coordinator throughout our entire 18 months of planning. She never complained if I emailed her 20 times a day and always promptly responded back. She remembered every detail (even those I forgot) and was very organized! The day of the wedding our MatreD Chris was so helpful and went above and beyond to ensure everything went well so we didn't have to worry about a thing! The staff put everything out perfectly so we didn't have to set up anything which was a welcome assistance so we could enjoy our day and focus on ourselves, friends and family. Our guests loved the food, helpful staff and the ability to stay over at the great hotel rooms and enjoy the after party at the hotel. We are so happy we chose to have our wedding here! Absolutely the best!!!

Profile Picture jeanette, 11/19/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

The staff at Turf Valley were amazing and Jaime was great to work with. Having the hotel on site was a major bonus! Beautiful venue! The rehearsal dinner food was delicious.

Profile Picture Stacy, 10/1/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Jenny was our coordinator for our wedding. She was so helpful with every question about anything and everything that we asked. Jenny and the Turf Valley team help set everything up just the way that we wanted it to, and we had a lot of little details that went into the reception space. We had our wedding outside in the garden and our reception was in the Waterford room. Everyone that we worked with at Turf were wonderful, Jenny and Courtney in the sales and catering office, the front desk staff when we checked in, our maitre'd Chris for our day of to the awesome bartenders Amanda and Kevin that we had Friday and Saturday nights. Turf Valley was the best place for our wedding.

Profile Picture Dawn, 9/17/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Uncovered Outdoor, Buffet, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake

Had an amazing day and Turf Valley's team couldn't have been more accommodating and helpful!

Profile Picture John, 8/27/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Audio Equipment, Dance Floor, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

They made everything easy. Carol and Latisha were awesome! And with my wedding coordinator, Stephanie Day, everything was perfect.

Profile Picture Amy, 8/13/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Uncovered Outdoor

We were so happy with our experience at Turf Valley. We loved working with Jaime and were happy with how accommodating Turf Valley was for the several events we held there all weekend. Jaime had an incredible amount of patience with all of the questions and my mom and I bombarded her with. It was nice that our guests could enjoy a variety of activities (golf, pool) before the wedding, that everyone could stay at the venue, and that we could hold all of our events at one location but in different rooms to give a different feel. Paul was our maitre d for our event on Friday evening and all day Saturday and he was phenomenal. Everything ran smoothly and everyone had a great time. We definitely recommend working with Turf Valley for your wedding, especially with Jaime and Paul!

Profile Picture Pooja, 8/13/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, Limited Bar, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Indoor, Parking, Shuttle, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Stations, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Rentals

Let me start out by saying in terms of food, I was not the easiest bride to work with. I have life-threatening allergies to dairy so finding the right venue was super tricky. Jamie worked tirelessly to make sure everything (down to the last plate) was safe for me on our big day. Everything from the tasting to the big day went off without a hitch. No incidents what so ever. And on top of that Jamie is such a sweetheart. Also our on site coordinator Latisha was great. We were never without a drink in hand while circulating through our guests, made sure we had everything we needed, as well as sent up my plate of food up to the room because I wasn't feeling particularly hungry during the event. I highly recommend their crab cakes and filet. They were to die for! As well as their petit lamb chops and sausage and peppers for apps! On top of that they are one of the most reasonably priced venues around.

We had the Waterford Room, which is gorgeous and secluded from the rest of the ballrooms in the hotel, with it's own bar and balcony. They set up our decorations perfectly and the room was gorgeous day of. They even worked with us to get our imported dance floor in. Their dance floor is 20x20 but my husband and I are ballroom dancers as well as our friends so we wanted something a little bigger so we could all dance around the floor.

I can't thank Jamie and her staff enough for helping us throw our reception at Turf Valley and I highly recommend her and Turf Valley if you plan on getting married in the state of Maryland.

Profile Picture Anastasia, 6/18/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Stations, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Chair Covers, Chairs, Tables

During the months leading up to our wedding, Jaime was incredibly helpful in ensuring all of the planning and arrangements were exactly as we wanted. She offered expert suggestions when we were unsure of how to proceed or deal with a particular element of the wedding. Working with her was a breeze and really removed a lot of the potential stress from the event.

Paul was our maitre'd during the wedding and our day of contact. We cannot thank Paul enough for all of the help he made in ensuring that the day went smoothly. He really went above and beyond when we learned that the DJ that we had booked did not show about 90 minutes before the reception was supposed to start. Paul quickly contacted a different DJ who he had worked with previously and, not only was that person able to come on very short notice, but he was excellent. Paul also worked closely with the DJ to ensure that the event went smoothly and all of our wishes were followed.

Thanks to Jaime and Paul, our wedding day was amazing and we absolutely would recommend both of them and Turf Valley to anyone that is looking to host an event.

Profile Picture Megan, 10/24/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I were extremely impressed and happy with using Turf Valley as our wedding reception venue and caterer. Turf Valley was a beautiful venue, and we absolutely loved working with our two coordinators, Carol Sirchio (pre-planning) and Chris Goodwin (onsite coordinator). Both staff worked extremely hard in planning, and coordinated our wedding smoothly and with genuine care and kindness. We are truly blessed that they were able to share our special day with us and all of our family / friends! All of us (family and friends) were highly impressed with the amount of genuine thought and effort they both put forth in planning and coordinating our wedding, as well as their kind and fun personalities. Carol was extremely communicative and flexible around our schedules during the pre-wedding planning stages and coordinated our wedding menu tasting, and Chris was extremely efficient and thoughtful in every effort made toward making our wedding day special and run smoothly. On the day of, Chris made sure all of our food was taken out efficiently and accurately, including accounting for all food allergies we had from our guests. In addition, he made sure guests were in good hands from start to finish. Chris also was extremely attentive to the bridal party, and in making sure we were able to get food during all the photography. We loved our bridal suite set up, it was clean, and fully stocked with fresh hors d'oeuvres and drinks that everyone thought was delicious! We will definitely recommend Turf Valley and our two coordinators to anyone in search of a wedding reception venue. Chris and Carol both went above and beyond their responsibilities, making my husband and I's special day fun and memorable for us and all of our guests! Thank you Chris and Carol, for truly making our special day flawless; we love you! XO

Profile Picture Kimberly, 9/19/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

About a year ago my fiancé (now husband!!) and I set out on our search for the perfect wedding venue. Turf Valley was the second venue we visited and the moment we saw it, we knew our search was over! From the gorgeous outdoor ceremony site... to the wonderful convenience of the attached resort... to the abundant list of amenities... to our fabulous sales manager Carol… and to the outstanding location with tons of nearby restaurants and shops - it was clear that Turf Valley simply had it all. Throughout our planning process everyone was so accommodating and easy to work with which really made our wedding planning experience enjoyable. When this weekend finally came everything went flawlessly. From arrival Friday to departure Monday I don’t think there is one thing that could have gone better. The front desk staff was exceptional and so pleasant – even though we must have asked for a hundred different favors a thousand different times. The banquet staff was extremely efficient and gracious. The spa and their staff – especially Stacy and Brittany – were phenomenal. The gentlemen over at the golf course – especially Chuck – were fantastic in all that they did to help my husband plan a fun, pre-wedding golf outing. Truly, I cannot say enough great things about Turf Valley. I would HIGHLY recommend Turf Valley to anyone and everyone! Thank you again for everything you all did to make one of the most special weekends of our lives so perfect and memorable for all the right reasons!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/6/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had an amazing time at Turf Valley. From when we started planning, Jenny was always responsive and helpful as we navigated the initial process. We picked Turf Valley because we wanted a one-stop-shop type place, and working with Jenny helped make the whole process easier! We love that Turf Valley has on site catering and an onsite hotel, so we didn’t have to worry about shuttling our guests to and from venues. They also include the price of the cake in the per person food cost.

We had our ceremony and reception at Turf Valley. The ceremony went really smoothly, and there was a gorgeous area where we took pictures during cocktail hour. The outside area was so beautiful! Our guests definitely commented on the scenery- we had a nice view of the fountain.

The food was really good too. We were able to taste test several popular options, and we even gave feedback on the food at the taste test so the menu was customized to our needs for our wedding. Turf Valley gives a certain number of special meals included in the budget, which was great as we had a few guests who needed gluten free and vegetarian options. Our maître d’ was amazing and made sure that we had food and drinks throughout the night! We definitely felt taken care of by Turf Valley and would highly recommend this venue for busy people who want help with planning.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Jessica, 8/1/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Event Planning, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Stations, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Limited Bar, Open Bar, Chairs, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking

We had our wedding at Turf Valley on 7/11/15 and we had the BEST experience. Leading up to the wedding we worked with our awesome coordinator Jamie who was extremely helpful and went out of her way constantly to make it our dream wedding. What made us pick this venue was the fact the everything was on-site, we had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception all at Turf Valley and it was so much fun having all of our closest family members and friends come and stay. I cannot say enough great things about Turf Valley, between the beautiful outside ceremony location, to the amazing food, delicious food, professional and helpful staff, spacious suite, and etc. Turf Valley really did make wedding plan as smooth and the actual day as perfect as it could be!

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our overall experience was very good. Jaime Petit was AMAZING!!! VERY quick to respond to our hundreds of questions we had for her each week. She made us feel like we were her top priority. We really appreciated everything she did for us to make our wedding planning very easy. Our wedding weekend went very smoothly. We truly appreciated the assistance Marcus, Latisha and Gloria provided for us - they were all great. Marcus' idea of setting up the Tiffany Room as the inclement weather backup venue for the outdoor ceremony took a lot of the pressure off having to make an early decision on the weather. Once the sun came back out an hour before the ceremony Gloria made everything come together perfectly in a very short period of time. The feedback we received from our guests on the food, bar and setup was very positive. It was a great party!! Thanks Turf Valley!

Profile Picture Kristin, 6/20/15, 3 Reviews