Tunxis Country Club and Banquet Facility Reviews

Tunxis Country Club and Banquet Facility 6
Tunxis Country Club and Banquet Facility 7
  • Edward

Edward Vidou · Married on 10/21/2018

The BEST rustic wedding venue you can choose in CT!

Tunxis Plantation was the first venue we ever visited on our list of potential locations, and we instantly fell in love with the Pavilion. Its rustic feel, large outdoor setting, nestled among huge pine trees with lights and vines and nature everywhere you look. The venue was like a fairy-tale forest, and was the perfect rustic, natural venue for the theme of our wedding. The size was perfect, with our 120 guests easily seated with plenty of extra room. Just when things couldn't get any better, you meet the staff of TPCC. Their event managers are extremely helpful, very friendly, and committed to making sure that your special day is perfect. Communication with Arianna was great, she was always quick to answer our many questions and make any subtle changes we had as the planning process continued. She was always available and gladly willing to sit down and go over details for the ceremony and reception with us. As the event neared, and our rehearsals happened, she was committed to making sure that every member of the family and bridal party were comfortable with their roles during the ceremony and reception, and the venue even hosted us in their Tavern restaurant for our rehearsal dinner. The venue offers an amazing food menu for weddings, with tons of plated options and a buffet option. We highly recommend the buffet, which our guests loved because they could try a little bit of everything, and we've gotten raving reviews from our guests at how incredible the food was at our wedding! The open bar all night was also a huge hit, and TPCC accommodated our needs for libations flawlessly, going as far as to get the exact craft IPA beer I wanted on tap! With the pond, fields, golf courses, and pine woods, there was no shortage of locations to take breath-taking bridal pictures.

Sent on 12/14/2018
    Tunxis Country Club and Banquet Facility 8

Tunxis Country Club and Banquet Facility's reply:

Thank you so much for the great review Edward. We were so happy to share such a special day with you both in making your day a success!
    We wish you a wonderful future together.
    - Tunxis staff
  • xtine

Christine · Married on 08/18/2018

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the pavilion at Tunxis Country Club this past Saturday, August 18th. My now husband and I first saw the pavilion dusted with snow back in March 2017, and we knew it was perfect for us. The draped lights, the lights wrapped around the surrounding trees, the pergola, the fire pit...everything was so beautiful and serene. Leading up to our event, I worked with Loredana and Arianna. They were both so approachable, professional, flexible. and responsive. They hosted a fantastic tasting for all of their couples in April where we got to sample all of the amazing food. Arianna handled all of the details in a knowledgable and calming fashion, which was so helpful to me as my anxiety increased in the weeks leading up to the event. She also expertly handled our rehearsal and even served our guests popcorn at the end of the night!

I had dropped off all of our decor the day before. I trusted that they would set it up perfectly, and I was right. Everything was absolutely perfection. As the day carried on, the skies grew dark and the air heavy--but none of it mattered, as we were protected by the enormous pavilion. It changed our ceremony and photography plans slightly, but because of how the pavilion is set up, it was incredibly easy to pivot our approach. We decided to use the pergola as the backdrop, which I loved because it looked so amazing with gray curtains and gorgeous floral swags.

Throughout the night, I heard praise from many guests. "This place is incredible! How did you even find it?" Some of my other vendors hadn't even worked a wedding here before. To top it off, it's one of the most affordable venues that I found (and I looked at over 60 places). It is a hidden gem.

P.S.: Tunxis has a star staff member named David. He took care of us all night, cried and hugged us after our ceremony, and cheered for us as we made our formal entrance. The entire staff rocked, but you will seriously love David. Thank you, Tunxis!

Sent on 08/21/2018
    Tunxis Country Club and Banquet Facility 16
    Tunxis Country Club and Banquet Facility 17
    Tunxis Country Club and Banquet Facility 18

Bridget · Married on 07/14/2018

Tunxis Plantation, Arianna, Lauren and Loredonna were just amazing! All of their hard work and dedication to making our wedding day special truly showed.

Arianna was so great with setting up all of our decor pieces and mad everything look so beautiful. Also was always there to answer questions. Was so thoughtful to turn around during cocktail hour and have a platter of the apps served to myself and the groom- WOW! Thank you Thank you!!
    We are still having people call us on how beautiful the venue was and how amazing the food was. Chef Alex and his team nailed it! The beverage selections were also fab and a crowd favorite.
    Also we can not forget to thank the gentlemen who drove the bridal party around in golf carts to the photo area and brought us directly to the bus when it was raining at the end of the wedding! 5 Star Service from start to finish!
    The venue is the perfect place for a wedding that you and your guests will never forget! With the perfect food, beverages, magical lights, amazing photo spots and most importantly all the people that work at Tunxis you will feel like a princess!
    (Will add more photos to post once we get from photographer!)

Sent on 08/15/2018
    Tunxis Country Club and Banquet Facility 19

Mary · Married on 07/12/2018

Everything was amazing! Arianna and her team went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was flawless!

Sent on 08/14/2018

Shannon · Married on 05/13/2018

Tunxis Pavilion was such a beautiful venue for our wedding day. It was one of the first venues we saw, we fell in love and picked a date then and there, cancelling our other appointments. It has a great woodsy/outdoor theme with lights strung on the trees and it is very spacious. The pergola was also beautifully decorated by the venue. We had both our ceremony and reception there and everything went smoothly. Leading up to our wedding day we had multiple meetings with Loredana and then more recently with Arianna. Any questions/concerns we had they answered promptly and helped to keep our stress level down. Arianna did a beautiful job setting up all of our decorations according to our vision. Then at the end of the wedding everything was perfectly packaged back up for us to take home. The food was pretty good, from what my husband and I got to eat of it! Patrick was an amazing bartender. He made a drink that our guests ended up calling “the Patrick special” and our signature drinks were awesome. David was great taking us and our wedding party on the golf carts to the gazebo, he made it so fun. All in all our day was perfect and we didn’t have to worry about anything. We received so many compliments on the venue. I would highly recommend Tunxis Pavilion for your wedding venue, you won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 06/22/2018
    Tunxis Country Club and Banquet Facility 20
    Tunxis Country Club and Banquet Facility 21
    Tunxis Country Club and Banquet Facility 22
    Tunxis Country Club and Banquet Facility 23
    Tunxis Country Club and Banquet Facility 24

Kristyn · Married on 11/25/2017

While searching for a venue for my daughter’s bridal shower, we decided to combine it with a small golf outing for the groom too. Since we don’t live in the Hartford County area, my husband and I did a drive by some of the venues. When we pulled up to Tunxis Country Club (and it was in the winter!) I knew it was “the place” to host our event.

Tavern on the Green overlooks the beautifully landscaped Tunxis Plantation Country Club. The flowers were still vibrant and in bloom the day of our event and absolutely gorgeous! It was the perfect setting. The facility was bright and clean and just lovely.

The staff is a delight and clearly dedicated to excellence! Loredana took me on a tour of the facility and helped to customize the menu to fit our needs. The day of the event, Kristine and her staff was extremely attentive. When I arrived to set-up I decided to add a few more tables (for games/prizes and kid’s crafts), before I knew it, her staff was setting them up. She checked in with me continuously throughout the day to make sure everything was running as planned. Everyone was friendly and responsive to any requests, they even helped load all the gifts and bring them out to the car at the end of the day! The golf pro, Lou helped organize the groups, carts and goodie bags for the guys. The day ran effortlessly.

The food was absolutely delicious and there was plenty of it! Plates and compliments were overflowing! All the guests raved about the “amazing food” and said this was the best shower they have ever been too.

Playing the Green course was a pleasant and challenging experience for the golfers. The greens were in good shape and impressive for a public course. The guys were treated to a bite at the snack bar and said “the burgers were delicious and the roll was so fresh!”

The Bride-to-be loved it and said “Today was amazing. Seriously, PERFECT. I had so much fun today!"

Sent on 09/29/2017
    Tunxis Country Club and Banquet Facility 29
    Tunxis Country Club and Banquet Facility 30
    Tunxis Country Club and Banquet Facility 31

Darcy · Married on 08/04/2017

Our beautiful wedding ceremony and reception took place at the Tunxis Pavilion. When I arrived there it was set up exactly as promised. Was absolutely beautiful. Kristine and her staff were so helpful not only to our wedding party but to all our guest as well. They all worked so hard to make the day flow and were very personable. The food was amazing. And bartenders were great. We are still receiving messages from family and friends what a beautiful evening it was and how wonderful the Pavilion was with all the white lights nestled in the pines trees. Breathtaking. I recommend anyone looking for that type of venue goes and checks out Tunxis Pavilion. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 08/08/2017

Nicole · Married on 06/25/2017

This venue is the most stunning and unique venue I have ever seen. I feel so very lucky to have found this venue and even more fortunate that I got to spend my special day there will all of my friends and family. The venue, the staff, the food were all exceptional. The compliments about Tunxis from guests of my wedding were endless. I fell in love with the photographs online of the trees wrapped in lights at night and it is so much more beautiful in person.

The staff was absolutely incredible. I do not have one complaint and I do not think there is anything that could have been done better. We were made to feel like absolute royalty on the day of our wedding by the staff. Especially Joey, who assisted us during our family photos and made sure everyone had some appetizers and drinks while they waited and was also very attentive of my wife and I throughout the night.

Kristine has to be one of the most hardworking individuals I have ever met. She was always available for phone-calls, promptly responded to e-mails, and welcomed on-site meetings. She was so helpful leading up to our wedding and on the day of ran everything smoother than we could have ever imagined. My wife had made multiple DIY items and was unsure how they would all be arranged. However, Kristine and her staff set up all our décor beautifully. Kristine left up a two-barrel table arrangement from a previous event which fit perfect with our theme!

The food was incredible and there was A LOT of it. At Tunxis you will never need to be worried about quality or quantity, every single thing we had was fantastic and all the guests raved about the food. Our DJ had mentioned after us disclosing our venue that he was excited to be a part of our wedding just to eat the food at Tunxis again.

Sent on 08/02/2017
  • S + D

Samantha · Married on 08/05/2016

Tunxis was such a great venue for our wedding! Marlo and Kristine made sure we were organized and on schedule from day one until our rehearsal and everything the day of was absolutely perfect. Marlo and Kristine were great communicators and responded quickly to all of our questions during our planning process. They also did a great job making the large pavilion space work for our very small wedding. The food was delicious and the portions were very generous. The whole staff at Tunxis was very attentive during our reception and many people came to our sweetheart table throughout the night to make sure we were doing well and had everything we needed. Also, the golf cart limos that took us to the pond to take post-ceremony pictures and that took us to our car after the reception was a really nice touch. Thanks to everyone at Tunxis, our day was wonderful and completely stress free. Highly recommended! Tunxis is a hidden gem when it comes to wedding venues.

Sent on 08/14/2016

We couldn't have been happier with our decision of choosing Tunxis Plantation Country Club as our wedding reception venue! Marlo and Kristine truly went above and beyond to make our day beautiful and had everything so well-prepared and organized. Communication was one thing that I was very impressed with especially - I would send an email to Marlo or Kristine and get a response within a few hours (sometimes even minutes)! Kristine was in charge of the decorations for our reception and we received so many compliments from our guests saying how beautiful everything was under the pavillion. Thanks Marlo and Kristine for being so amazing!!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Cara · Married on 05/28/2011

Tunxis Pavilion is an incredible outdoor, covered reception space. The venue has ample space, a large bar area, and a great setting amid pine trees. Guests can also play horseshoes and bocce if they need a break from dancing. The food and service were incredible, and Alex, the chef, is very accommodating to menu requests and is definitely willing to work with you. Marlo, the event coordinator, is a godsend to any bride! She walks you through every step of the planning process and is super helpful with advice and suggestions. Her response time to emails is impressive to say the least, and she is always available to answer questions. She also is incredibly detail-oriented, and she made sure that the wedding day went off without a hitch. We showed up at her office a couple days before the wedding with a ton of things for her and her staff to set up, and everything was laid out perfectly! The staff also packed up everything that had belonged to us, so it was ready to go when the reception ended. The photo location at Tunxis is also really great with a pond, willow tree, and gazebo. They set up a mini bar and hors d'oeuvres station at the photo location so the bridal party doesn't totally feel like they're missing cocktail hour. After pictures, the bridal party was driven to the Pavilion via golf cart limo, which was a lot of fun! I would without reservation recommend Tunxis Plantation for anyone who is looking for an outdoor space that isn't your typical wedding venue.

Sent on 06/21/2011
  • Rochelle

Rochelle · Married on 10/09/2010

Marlo is amazing to work with. I work in the event planning industry and have encountered many on-site coordinators. Marlo is top-notch. Tunxis is an amazing value, and they bent over backwards to accomodate every request we had. I'm so happy we chose to have our wedding at Tunxis!

Sent on 11/19/2010

Samantha · Married on 09/04/2005

I worked with Annie she is the events planner.. She was amazing.. I called her constantly and she never got frustrated or angry.. She was always prompt in returning my calls or emails. She was able to give us a wonderful price since we had out ceremony and rehersal dinner there.

I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to have a wedding that has the feel of being out doors but you still have your head covered. We had our pictures taken on the golf course, we got to the destination site by golf cart limos.

The food was amazing and the bar tender took great care of my guests. We had wonderful day.

The deocrated the Dance floor with white christmas lights so it gave a very romantic feel.

WE had a great day and I would recommend Tunxis Plantation to anyone who wants to have a low cost wedding but gives you the look and service of spending millions.

Sent on 05/06/2008

Justine · Married on 09/03/2016

We just booked our wedding today! I am so excited to work with Marlo she is so helpful and full of solutions! I also met with the head chef and he was very accommodating. I cannot wait to get married at this beautiful place. Once I laid my eyes on the Tunxis Pavilion ... even covered with snow... my heart was stollen and I knew this was where I wanted my special day!

Sent on 02/18/2015

Staff were great, very professional and put on a great wedding.

Sent on 11/15/2012

Jess · Married on 06/18/2011

My wife and I saw this venue and did not need to look any further. We got married at the Pavilion outside. Marlo the event planner was very helpful. The menu is very well priced, the food was great, and the outdoor setting was perfect.

Sent on 08/24/2011

Gabrielle · Married on 08/15/2009

3.5

Overall, we loved Tunxis Plantation. Everyone was very helpful, the added touches were important. We had out food catered in, the tents were huge and well kept. Certain things were over priced but all in all an excellent experience and we would recommend this vendor to anyone!

Sent on 03/01/2010
  • W

Michele · Married on 05/29/2010

Marlo was great to work with! She always responded very quickly to my emails and any questions or concerns that I had. Everyone had a great time at the wedding and enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. We had 200 people and there was plenty of staff on hand during the wedding and everything went super smoothly. The prices weren't bad either for the food and other things included (cake, centerpieces, rehearsal, colored napkins, open bar). I would definitely recommend!

Sent on 07/08/2010