Tunes by T Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Paula Married on 08/21/2021

Tunes by T is THE BEST!

T knew all the right music to play to keep the dance floor packed! We were able to select the level of DJ interaction which was very nice. Our party goal was to dance and dance some more and Tunes by T did not disappoint! He offers a highly professional, diverse range of music selection and delivers a truly satisfying experience including a great tech set up and lighting. I have utilized his services for many events over the last thirty years and it was extra special to have him provide music for our daughter’s wedding reception. Great job T!

Tunes by T's reply:

Thank you very much for the kind words Paula. How can we be the best, when YOU are the BEST!? Your family and friends were so much fun to work with. I can't help but smile when I think about the unbridled enthusiasm of Lexi & Nick and their entourage. Such a good group! Thank you for letting me be a part of your amazing celebration.
    Tunes by T, Inc.
    Jessica H. Married on 06/26/2021

Tunes by T made our night

T and Garrett were absolutely amazing at our wedding! Despite having to evacuate our outdoor reception due to tornado warnings in the area, T put the safety of our guests first and remained calm through out the entire ordeal. Once we were able to return to the festivities, T and Garrett got everyone back out on the dance floor immediately and kept the energy up all night long!! T was so kind to my husband and I throughout the entire process and by the end of the night, it felt like he was part of our family. It was a day we will never forget and we're so grateful that Tunes by T was a part of it!

Hi Jessica,
    Thank you so much for your very kind words. Garrett and I had a fantastic time with your wonderful families and friends. I’m so glad that despite the tornado warning and the evacuation, we managed to enjoy the celebration of two awesome people. You and Jon were so nice to work with. Garrett and I would like to wish the two of you the best of health, happiness, love and laughter in your marriage. Congratulations!
    Alex T. Married on 06/12/2021

Best of the best

We went with Tunes by T for our wedding in June 2021. They were super easy to work with and also very detailed in wanting to know what type of music we wanted, DJ location at venue, and 'run of show'. Needless to say, they exceeded our expectations on wedding day. They were professional, prepared, the music was great and they followed all directions to a T! Their prices are also affordable. They have a huge variety of songs you can choose from, or if you have special playlists made up (i.e Spotify), you can simply share it with them and they'll play it exactly how you want. Highly recommend Tunes by T to anyone looking for DJ services!
    Chris T. Married on 10/17/2020

Chris and Lyndsay Turner

Our wedding plans had to be changed numerous times due to the coronavirus and it was hard to find vendors for our wedding. T was helpful and accommodating the entire experience and also wrote us a very nice card after the wedding. I would and have recommended him to anyone planning a wedding.
    Alyssa T. Married on 10/02/2020

Incredible!

Tunes by T greatly exceeded our expectations for our wedding! Even through the COVID-19 concerns, T was ready to work around any issues or concerns we had. T was professional and easy to work with throughout the entire process, even changing locations at the last minute. We wanted an evening where the DJ could run the show without stealing the show so we could relax and enjoy our day, T made the experience stress free. T showed his experience by offering simple suggestions as when to begin certain dances or activities (First dance, bouquet toss, etc.) to keep guests engaged, without being pushy. Also, his way of playing music throughout the night worked perfectly, knowing exactly how to adjust and transition through the night and keeping guests on the floor until the last moments of the evening! We could NOT have asked for a better evening, T made it effortless and very fun! Thank you for the fantastic evening T!

-Mr. & Mrs. True
  • Michelle
    Michelle C. Married on 08/22/2020

Highly recommended. 5 star quality

Dj T will go above and beyond for you. Whenever I had questions or concerns he was right there. At my wedding I even had people say that my Dj was one if the best they seen. He played all the best songs and all the ones I requested. They really know how to put on a great time. Thank you for making my night the best night ever.

Tunes by T's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Michelle and thank you very much for letting us be a part of your and Bill's beautiful wedding celebration. I'm so glad to hear that you and your guests had a great time. Best wishes to you and Bill.
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa H. Married on 04/09/2020

Tunes By T delivers top notch music, enthusiasm, and fun!

Tunes by T was, without a doubt, our best wedding vendor in every possible way and we highly recommend booking T for all of your DJ needs!

Our reception was a PARTY! And it's all thanks to T. I can't begin to tell you how many friends and family continue to tell me how great the DJ and music were. One uncle said, "I've been to a lot of weddings, and I have never seen more people out on the dance floor all night long!" From the moment the dancing started, T knew just what to play next to keep the energy up and keep people out on the floor.

Leading up to our big day, T was incredibly easy to work and communicate with. He responded to my many questions quickly and was flexible to changing circumstances (as any 2020 bride will tell you, it's been a rough year for wedding planning! we changed our date and venue more than once and T kept up with all the changes with a kind, understanding, and positive attitude!). His experience as a wedding DJ was evident by the thorough wedding reception planner document he shared with us. He has thought through every possible detail of what you may want or need from a DJ. His guide was so helpful and well laid out, I used it to create my timeline for all our other vendors!

It's so clear that T truly loves what he does - his enthusiasm, passion for music, and experience at creating the party environment you envision are unmatched. Thank you, T, for going above and beyond to bring us a party atmosphere that was even better than we dreamed!

Tunes by T's reply:

Wow Alyssa! I am so very humbled and honored by your incredibly kind and thoughtful review. I am really blessed to be able to work with people like you and Cody and your families and friends. I have never felt more welcomed than I did at your celebration. I can't tell you how nice it is to hear that you and your guests had such a great time. It's times like this that give me a great sense of purpose in this world. Thank you very much for letting me be a part of your and Cody's amazing day. My sincerest, best wishes to you both!
    Charles T. Married on 03/10/2020

Professional and Experienced

-Mr. & Mrs. True
  • Kathryn
    Kathryn G. Married on 01/04/2020

HIGHLY Recommended to use Tunes by T as your wedding DJ!

I met T years ago while attending a Detroit Red Wings game. After seeing how energetic the arena was, I knew I would love to have him be the DJ for our wedding, and he was everything I was hoping for (and more!). There was never a moment during the night that the dance floor wasn’t full with our family and friends dancing. Not only were there many times throughout the night that T was in the DJ booth also dancing along with the crowd, but one of our favorite moment of the entire night was when he joined us to “C’mon ‘n Ride It (The Train)” and did The Train with us! My husband and I have been to many weddings in the past, and we have never seen a DJ as energetic or who genuinely loves what they do, as what we experienced with T as our DJ. When you book a DJ like T who has mastered the craft, you have peace-of-mind knowing you have someone who can professionally curate your reception and isn’t only playing from a set list of music. We couldn’t have a higher recommendation of having T as the DJ for your wedding.

Kathryn and Jordan – April 13, 2019
  • Mara
    Mara Married on 11/09/2019

Awesome DJ!

We had Tunes by T at our wedding reception in November and have nothing but kind words. We ended up having T as our DJ and he was very professional and had all the guests (even the grandparents) on the dance floor the entire night. We received so many compliments from friends and family how great our DJ was and how much fun they had dancing. We highly recommend Tunes by T!
    Katherine C. Married on 10/19/2019

Flawless DJ from start to finish

Tunes by T, and more specifically Josh who was the DJ at our wedding in Grand Rapids in October did an outstanding job and we cannot say enough great things about their work. T was so easy to work with from start to finish...even accommodated a special song by my late uncle that I danced with my dad to for our father/daughter dance. We were so, so impressed with Josh from start to finish on our wedding day! He had a set up downstairs at our cocktail hour and seamlessly transitioned upstairs to our ballroom. He was so professional and his work was just perfection all night! We received so many compliments on his music selection as well as the great attitude he was putting out over the speakers! Great energy and just a pleasure to work with! Flawless work! Thank you for being an unforgettable part of our perfect day!
    Natalie S. Married on 09/06/2019

Absolutely amazing - 5 stars is not enough!

After getting engaged, Tunes by T was the very first wedding vendor that we contacted (even before we had a venue set!), as we had heard incredible things about them from a family member and did not want to miss out. Our expectations were beyond exceeded and there are truly no words to explain how happy we are with our decision. T. gave us, our friends, and our family a night that we will never forget. Months later, our friends and family still rave about the DJ, the dancing, and the overall professionalism of T. His expertise was evident from the moment we met him. He was organized, accommodating, and unbelievably kind. His genuine, calming demeanor helped make this process stress-free. Our wedding venue posed somewhat of a challenge in that it had three different locations on the property (outdoor ceremony, indoor dinner, and outdoor reception) that required speakers, mics, etc. A few weeks before the wedding, T. met us at the venue to make sure he was familiar with the layout and understood the setup. He completely put our minds at ease and it was clear that he truly wanted our day to be as special as possible. Not only was T. an incredible DJ on our wedding day, he was extremely helpful throughout the planning process. He provided recommendations for music genres for specific times throughout the night (e.g., pre-ceremony music, cocktail/appetizer hour, dinner music, etc.), as well as an extensive list of popular songs. He was so easy to get ahold of and was very prompt with his replies. We highly recommend Tunes by T to be your DJ for any event you have planned. T. loves what he does and this is so evident in his work. T, we are so appreciative of the incredible night you provided to us, our family, and our friends! Five stars honestly is not enough. Thank you, T!
  • Mackenzie
    Mackenzie Married on 08/31/2019

Entertainment Center

Tunes by T was one of the better choices made in our wedding planning process. With a wedding planner worksheet that allows you to plan out your night step by step and include a time, there was no way something would be forgotten. With a call the week of the wedding, to go over things/pronunciations/timeline it gave me comfort in knowing that everything was in good hands and would run smoothly. We had the honor of having T as our DJ, and I can't say enough thanks and praise about how the night went and T's ability to keep the party going. After our formal dances, T had the idea to move our dance floor to the outdoor patio area, which was a huge hit with our guests and kept people on or at least near the dance floor if they weren't big on dancing, which was especially nice to have all of our guests in the same area. I would Tunes by T, and especially T, to anyone who is in need of a DJ for a wedding, event or party any time soon, you will not regret your decision.
  • Kayla
    Kayla C. Married on 08/03/2019

Our dance floor was NEVER empty!

Our experience working with Tunes by T was wonderful from the start and even better by the end! Once we booked our wedding reception date, we received a very thorough packet of information and forms to help organize the evening's events. Included in that packet was a HUGE list of popular songs organized by genre and decade which I found to be super helpful as we wanted to offer music for all of our guests to enjoy. Special shout out to Josh (who was our assigned DJ for the night) for bringing life to our dance floor!! We've received nothing but amazing feedback from our friends and family! Thank you Josh and thank you Tunes by T for helping to create the most memorable night!
    Rebecca N. Married on 05/18/2019

More Than Great Jams!

We were lucky enough to snag Tunes by T as the DJ for our wedding and reception and could not have been happier with their services! Our DJ, Josh, created such a fun time for us and all of our guests at the reception. He was so easy-going and accommodating yet kept us on our timeline, which he had clearly reviewed extensively and was very familiar with going into the event. And in the months and days leading up to our wedding, T surpassed all our expectations with his warm and personable demeanor, expert organization, help with timeline coordination, and great suggestions. He took the time to edit some of our song clips so that they were the exact length we wanted. He even took it upon himself to send me a few songs he found to accompany our glowing paper airplane send-off at the end of the night. T's years of experience and passion for his work were very evident and really put me at ease. Tunes by T was more than great jams; they were the glue that held our special day together perfectly!
    Sarah Married on 09/29/2018

Incredible

Peter was so sincerely amazing and professional. We had such an easy time transitioning Peter as he needed very little guidance. He was kind and funny and made our wedding so enjoyable. Best day of our lives, and we wouldn’t trade him for anybody else!
    Susan Married on 09/15/2018

Great DJ and music!

Tim was great to work with and was very professional and prompt with his responses. He did a fantastic job with the music and took time to review what we wanted for our wedding night! Everyone was dancing and had a great time!

Tunes by T's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Susan. I hope you and Ross are doing well and loving married life together :) Thank you for letting us be a part of your wedding celebration. Best to you both!
    Rhonda P. Married on 09/08/2018

My Best Decision Was Hiring Tunes by T!

We had Tunes by T, DJ our 70's themed wedding on 9-8-18. T showed up in a 70's costume (which he was rocking) and kept the partying going on until the last song. Not only did he keep the dance floor full, but he would check in with us throughout the night to make sure everything was running smoothly! People were talking about what a great time they had for many weeks after. Just remember, the DJ is the single most important choice of your reception. Choose Tunes by T and you can guarantee your reception will be everything you had hoped for.
    Betsy Married on 08/11/2018
    Tunes by T made the party at our wedding! Making sure our guests had a great time was the most important thing to us and our dance floor was packed the whole night! T played the best songs from different decades so people of all ages got out there. Friends and family that we've never seen dance came out with us! From cocktails to dinner through dancing, there wasn't one song I wanted to skip. T's energy got everyone excited and kept the party going all night. Music sets the mood and is the background to everything at a wedding and ours was absolutely perfect because of Tunes by T!
    Brynne Married on 07/20/2018
    T is a long-time family friend and was at the top of our list for wedding vendors. He was amazing! T is very organized, professional, and a great DJ. The dance floor was EPIC and everyone commented on how great the music and just the overall vibe was. We are so thankful for T, he made our wedding day that much more special!
    Nichole Married on 07/13/2018
    I first met T at a friends wedding and knew right away that when I got married I would definitely want to have him as our DJ. T is the best! He is wonderful at reading the crowd and knowing what will keep people out on the dance floor. T is extremely professional, patient, and an overall nice guy! I recommend him 100%!
    Mike Married on 07/07/2018
    Tunes by T treated us like we were their only customer and their most important client! We were given the control to select our sound and style, but we still received great recommendations that made the event even better! Josh was our DJ and we cannot say enough great things about him. He was patient with us and adapted with the crowd and the ceremony. He made himself available to us and our needs throughout the entire event while still staying in the background. Even though we switched up the sounds (Jazz for dinner; Top 40 for dancing), Josh blended the sounds perfectly into a seamless transition. In fact, we made some other odd requests, like fading a song from a video we made into the Grand Entrance song....Somehow Josh was able to make it sound like the video was actually playing the song ( it's hard to explain but lets just say it was so good that our guests were asking me how Josh even did it)! His skill set is clearly superb, but more importantly he was a gentleman and very accommodating. Thanks to Josh, T, and the entire team at Tunes by T for helping to make our day such an enjoyable one! Can't thank you enough!
    Jason Married on 11/24/2017
    Tunes by T did such a wonderful job at our wedding! Peter was an absolutely perfect DJ and MC for the night, he transitioned us through every part of the reception flawlessly and made sure the party stayed going all night as well. We were having so much fun all night! Later in the evening, after T himself got done rocking for a Red Wing game at Little Caesar's Arena, he came over to our reception (I told him to feel free to stop in) and congratulated us and celebrated with us. He really didn't have to go the extra mile like that, and after a long day of working a hockey game I wouldn't have blamed him for just wanting to go home, but we appreciated it so much! Thank you both (T and Peter) for a wonderful wedding night! I would recommend Tunes by T to anyone! The music selection, the friendly service, the planning, the execution, the price, everything was absolutely fantastic!
    Brittany Married on 09/16/2017

Wonderful DJ

Tunes by T provided excellent service before and during our wedding. They cut our first dance songs with great recommendations and a quick turn around. Josh, our DJ, ensured we had a good setup for the ceremony, wonderful music at the reception and helped us make adjustments as needed during the wedding reception. Very professional, pleasant to work with and great music selections.