Trump Winery Reviews

Trump Winery 6
Trump Winery 7

D Alligood · Getting married on 03/04/2020

History All Around

The wedding was April 13, 2019. A beautiful Spring season in addition to being Thomas Jefferson's 276th birthday. Our theme was Virginia-born Presidents. Where better to pull it off than Trump Winery, near Jefferson's Monticello and James Monroe's Ash Lawn-Highland. We held the wedding couple's rehearsal dinner at the stunning Albemarle Estate on April 12th. The estate is an elegant home where our guests enjoyed a fabulous meal and eye-catching architecture. The Trump staff was impressive, often steps ahead of our requests. They were completely attentive to making our vision unfold in first-class style. The next day - the wedding, at the Grand Hall. We had planned the wedding day for months. The wedding, an outdoor ceremony, was followed with a touching love story video, live band, artist, photo booth, fireworks and more. The staff accommodated our every wish which made the day terrific. Our guests were entertained and treated with extra care. We could not have asked for a better time or more memories to hold in our hearts. BTW: The winery is a wine lovers delight.

Sent on 04/18/2019
    Trump Winery 8
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Keller · Getting married on 10/21/2019

We are in love!

My soon-to-be fiancé and I toured this Venue with Patrick and instantly fell in love! Patrick was very welcoming and answered all our questions. They are very accommodating and flexible, I loved touring the winery and he showed us everything! Such a wonderful experience, we hope to book them for our fall wedding

Sent on 05/14/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Bevill · Getting married on 10/05/2019

Perfect Elopement Weekend

My fiancée (now husband!) wanted to do something special for our US ceremony. We had done our engagement photos at the estate in the fall, and while we were there we spoke with the event planner Patrick on what a small ceremony would look like. Our large family/friend wedding was taking place in Dominican Republic, so we wanted something private and special just for ourselves with two of our very best friends. We couldn't have asked for anything better from the Albemarle Estate at Trump Winery and Patrick and his team! Everything was flawless from beginning to end. We booked and had about 2 months to put it together. We were immediately in contact with our officiant, flowers, cake baker, and Patrick helped recommend hair/makeup in the area since we live in WV and I didn't know anyone. The day we were heading down, we ended up having to bring one of our dogs with us last minute, and the estate was so accommodating! Even with other guests staying for the weekend, we felt like we had the place all for ourselves, and the guests joined in on our fun and by the end were celebrating at dinner with us. The food and service is always on point, and of course the wine! We loved every second of our weekend. It was so special. Shout out to Faraz who did our tasting the summer before at the winery and was the whole reason we decided to do our engagement photos. He even got to be there during our elopement which was so fun to re-share with him! We cannot wait to visit again! We know this will always be one of our special places.

Sent on 06/25/2019
    Trump Winery 9
    Trump Winery 10
    Trump Winery 11
    Trump Winery 12
    Trump Winery 13
    Trump Winery 14

Katheryn M. · Married on 11/17/2018

Just WOW! What a beautiful venue and great team!

We were lucky enough to have our wedding at the vineyard in fall, where the colors of the trees and mountains were fantastic. The view from the Grand Hall at sunset is unbeatable if you luck out with weather. The church is also the most beautiful in Charlottesville, and perfect for an intimate ceremony. This venue is as good as it gets!

Sent on 12/20/2018

Carrie Carlson · Married on 10/14/2018

Beautiful venue...awesome experience!

Beautiful location. The Barn & Pavilion were definitely what we were looking for and everyone loved the view. Patrick was easy to work with and everything just flowed together.

Sent on 10/19/2018
  • Annie

Annie · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing venue

Trump Winery Barn & Pavilion made for the perfect venue for our wedding. Every part of Trump Winery offers stunning views, especially inside the chapel on site. The weather was perfect, the lawn was perfect for cocktail hour and people were able to mingle outside before the reception began. Patrick was wonderful to work with, and answered every question that we had. Trump Winery makes for the perfect venue.

Sent on 10/29/2018
    Trump Winery 15

Haley White · Married on 09/22/2018

Above & Beyond

One day before our wedding our wedding planner was in a terrible accident and had to hand our wedding off to a new planner - being the bridezilla I was I was a complete wreck. Patrick and his team at Trump stood by me and stepped in to make our day absolutely everything we wanted. Although typically this is the day of coordinators duties, Patrick took on our wedding like he had been planning it alongside of us all along. I cannot express my gratitude enough!

Sent on 01/02/2019
    Trump Winery 16
    Trump Winery 17
    Trump Winery 18
    Trump Winery 19
    Trump Winery 20

Ashley MacLeay · Married on 08/04/2018

Trump winery made our wedding magical

Trump winery made our wedding magical. The views, the chapel and reception locations, the staff, and, of course, the wine were all superb. We will forever remember our wedding as the best day ever! Thank you to Patrick and his team. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 12/17/2018
    Trump Winery 21
    Trump Winery 22
    Trump Winery 23
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 06/14/2018

Absolutely Stunning!

I felt like an absolute princess on my wedding day at Trump Winery! The venue was breathtaking in every respect, from thoughtful details in the Chapel and Barn to picture perfect views on the whole property. Patrick, the event coordinator, was a pleasure to work with and there was impressive professionalism at every step of the process. Could not have imagined a more perfect venue for such an important day- thank you!!

Photos by Sarah Botta Photography

Sent on 12/30/2018
    Trump Winery 24
    Trump Winery 25

Trish V · Married on 06/02/2018

A perfect venue

We had a wonderful experience at Trump Winery. Our daughters mind was made up the minute she arrived at the winery to look. It is a breathtaking venue inside and out. The staff, especially Patrick, are so kind and extremely professional. We loved every minute of working with them. The venue did not disappoint.

Sent on 01/01/2019

LeeAnn · Married on 04/28/2018

Absolute Dream Venue!!

Trump Winery was a dream venue! It is stunning, peaceful and everything a girl could imagine on her wedding day. Having your ceremony and reception in the same place was great for guests and made everything flow together perfectly. My husband and I stayed at Albemarle Estate on our wedding night and plan to go back every year on our anniversary! Patrick with Trump Winery was so helpful during the entire wedding planning process. Best venue hands down!!!

Sent on 12/17/2018
    Trump Winery 26
    Trump Winery 27
    Trump Winery 28
    Trump Winery 29

Milissa · Married on 11/18/2017

Patrick and the staff at Trump were so helpful, from the first day we toured the venue to the day after my daughter's wedding when we picked up some personal items. Our guests are still talking about how beautiful the wedding was -- and the wine was fantastic! It was the perfect setting for a once in a lifetime event! Couldn't be happier we chose the Barn and Pavilion at Trump Winery!

Sent on 01/01/2018
    Trump Winery 30

Jill · Married on 11/09/2017

We had our wedding at Trump and it was completely amazing! Patrick went out of his way to assist during the entire process. We do not have anything best comments about him and this venue. We HIGHLY recommend this venue!

Trump Winery 31
    Trump Winery 32
    Trump Winery 33
    Trump Winery 34
    Trump Winery 35

Katherine · Married on 10/29/2017

We toured approximately 10 different venues before finding Trump Winery. The second we stepped foot on the property, I knew I found the wedding venue of my dreams! The scenery and views were absolutely breathtaking, and the Grand Hall was beautiful! The Grand Hall had several rooms, so we had multiple backup options if inclement weather were to occur. This allowed me not to stress about the weather the week of. Additionally, the service provided by Patrick was phenomenal. I had very little knowledge of what went into planning a wedding when I started. I had many specific venue related questions throughout the entire process. Patrick responded promptly to every email I sent and gave great advice that made the whole process much easier! The day of went of without a hitch! Patrick was very accommodating and attentive throughout the entire event. At one point we were running out of the wine we ordered, and Patrick had additional wine ordered and delivered before a single bottle ran out! Friends and Family are still raving about how beautiful our wedding was and how well organized it was! A few even said it was the best wedding they've ever been too. I know a large portion of this was due to the Trump Winery venue and it's amazing staff. We couldn't have picked a better venue. I highly recommend Trump Winery to anyone who would love an elegant and classy winery wedding with phenomenal views!

Diane · Married on 10/14/2017

When we initially saw the buildings and the property, we knew that this would be the place for us. The price, when compared with similar locations, was a value. Enough cannot be said about the timely replies and the extent to which the staff (Patrick Butler in particular) went to give us the detail and unique touches that were important to our celebration. The chapel was a beautiful place to have our Nuptial Mass and the expansive outdoor area at the Barn and Pavilion made Virginia shine for our out of state visitors.

Sent on 10/26/2017
    Trump Winery 36
    Trump Winery 37
    Trump Winery 38
    Trump Winery 39
    Trump Winery 40

Kate · Married on 10/14/2017

Trump Winery was all we could've asked for in a venue and more. The venue is extremely practical for guests and beyond beautiful; it's a great representation of what central Virginia has to offer. Below are a few details about the venue and its event staff that are the reason for my five-star review:

Patrick Butler and the staff at Trump always went above and beyond. My father is in a wheelchair and we had a few special requests to make the wedding day go as smoothly for him as possible; Patrick was accommodating and utterly professional at every turn. He was extremely responsive to every email and query anyone involved with our wedding sent, and allowed us to visit the venue as many additional times as we needed during our planning process.

Both my husband and I are Catholic, and having a Catholic mass was important to us. The Chapel at Trump is a space for all denominations, but is also a sanctioned Catholic chapel, meaning that any Catholic priest will perform a wedding mass there. This made the day easy for our guests; they didn't have to go between a church and a reception venue, and we didn't have to worry about potential congestion/traffic due to other events in the Charlottesville area--Trump Winery was truly one-stop shopping for both our mass and reception venue.

Trump Winery is truly a stunning venue in any season. There are many natural environments in one area, which was great for the overall "look" of our wedding and our wedding photos. If you're planning a fall wedding in Virginia, the views here can't be topped! Working with Trump Winery was one of the best experiences I had in planning my wedding, and I'd highly recommend them to other engaged couples.

Sent on 12/07/2017
    Trump Winery 45
    Trump Winery 46
    Trump Winery 47

Diana · Married on 09/23/2017

My now husband and I are not from Virginia but the idea of a winery wedding was what I had my heart set on as we started our wedding planning. On our first trip to Charlottesville we visited 3 wineries prior to visiting Trump and after our appointment we cancelled our next two appointments because we knew this was the place. There is not one thing about this venue that isn't perfect. We booked the barn and pavilion location for our wedding and reception and the classic, rustic elegance of these two buildings speak for itself. Our guests were blown away when they arrived as this truly is a hidden gem within the hills of Virginia and it truly made for a magical day. None of this would have been possible though if it hadn't been for the amazing staff at Trump. Patrick Butler was who we met with at our first appointment and he was nothing but responsive and accommodating to our every request and question as we planned our wedding over the next year. He went above and beyond the day before our wedding when we had a transportation crisis and was on the phone calling people for us and doing everything he could to help. I already had the perfect man but having our wedding at Trump Winery gave us the perfect start to the next chapter of our life!

Trump Winery 48
    Trump Winery 49
    Trump Winery 50
    Trump Winery 51
    Trump Winery 52
    Trump Winery 53

Rachel · Married on 04/29/2017

This was my husband and I’s dream wedding venue!! Trump Winery offered everything we were looking for and more. We got married at the Barn, and had the reception at the Pavilion. We even had a back up rain plan at their gorgeous chapel. The venue was hands down the most beautiful venue we looked at for the best price! We even did a bridal lunch at the winery the day before. They also have amazing wine!

Trump Winery 54
    Trump Winery 55
    Trump Winery 56

Lindsey · Married on 10/22/2016

We are so happy to have chosen Trump! We could not have picked a more lovely venue for our wedding this past October. The views are exceptional, and the atmosphere is phenomenal. Patrick was wonderful to work with, he was always quick to respond, incredibly kind, professional and very organized. We highly recommend Trump!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Nancy · Married on 10/09/2016

My 3rd daughter was married in the Chapel and we held the reception in the Grand Ballroom. Both were fabulous. We were initially worried about not being able to have all guests attend the ceremony as the Chapel's capacity is approximately 75 and we had 140+ guests. We invited family and close friends to the ceremony and then held a short blessing ceremony (with the Priest) on the patio. All the guests enjoyed wine and were able to see the entire bridal party process in for the blessing. The cocktail hour was held in the Reserve room and our guests couldn't stop taking selfies with the breath-taking view from the patio & Reserve room.

Sent on 12/03/2016

Maureen · Married on 10/01/2016

We had a great experience working with Trump Winery for our wedding! Patrick at Trump Winery in particular was wonderful to work with -- he fielded my frequent questions promptly, was super accommodating of any requests we had (you can tell it's their priority to try to help make things happen if they're able to), and was very organized. The venue itself is incredible -- we received many compliments from guests on how beautiful the property is and how well the wedding flowed from the ceremony, to cocktail hour, to the reception at the Barn and Pavilion. Our ceremony was outside, but we picked the venue partially because of the awesome rain option they have for the ceremony inside the Barn (it practically looks like a church) which helped put my mind at ease the week-of during fluctuating weather. Also, there was a second wedding there that day at the Grand Hall which we were nervous about, but just as Patrick said, you really could not tell. Overall it was a wonderful experience, and I couldn't recommend the venue more.

Sent on 10/19/2016
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 09/03/2016

We had our wedding here over Labor day weekend 2016 and could not have been more pleased with the entire experience. Patrick Butler (Director of Events) and Sarah Hudson (Operations Coordinator) were extremely professional and responsive from our initial tour of the venue all the way thru the wedding day. The venue itself is magnificent and our guests can't stop talking about how beautiful the Grand Hall views and interior were. We simply cannot recommend this venue and its exception staff enough to anyone looking to get married in the Charlottesville, VA area. The wines are amazing too!

Sent on 12/11/2016

Melanie · Married on 07/30/2016

As MOB I just wanted to say how grateful I am to Patrick for all his help and support during the wedding planning process. Residing in another state, and unable to personally oversee every detail, I really appreciated his timely responses to my emails. He always had an answer and/or a solution for all and no question or request was too simple or small to warrant his attention.
    We looked at close to 10 venues in the Charlottesville area before making a final selection for our daughter's wedding, and Patrick had us from the moment he invited us into his office and uncorked the champagne!
    Trump Winery was the only choice and it did not disappoint! As fate would have it, Mother Nature was not kind on the wedding day, but the beauty of the vineyards was still apparent, and the opportunity to celebrate inside the welcoming Barn and the beautiful Pavilion made the day! Wine and champagne selections were awesome and we thoroughly enjoyed a private wine tasting at the Trump Winery Tasting Room earlier in the wedding week celebration. Bride and Groom stayed their wedding night on property in the Albemarle Estate to complete a totally Trump Winery Wedding Weekend.

Sent on 08/15/2016

We live in Hampton Roads, and as my fiancé and I drove to Charlottesville to tour Trump's event spaces, he wondered if anyone would make the drive to get to our wedding. But after we pulled in to the drive and saw the Barn and Pavilion across the lake, he suddenly was all for it! So beautiful. We loved the ability to use all three of their spaces together--the Barn, the Pavilion and the Chapel. We got the best of all worlds..."classy" rustic for the barn, fancy for the Pavilion, and a truly breathtaking religious ceremony in the chapel. When we first entered the chapel, we were both spell-bound. So, so beautiful, the lighting is incredible, and I LOVED the white and grey tones in there. We were just blown away with all of the options. We had the gorgeous hallway, beautiful bathrooms, large bridal suite, the comfortable club room, and gorgeous patio overlooking the vineyard and the lake/willow tree with the Barn; and in the Pavilion we had gorgeous crystal chandeliers and sconces, a fabulous dance floor, beautiful bathrooms, a magnificent, huge bar, windows everywhere for gorgeous views of the vineyard and the lake, and another beautiful patio with great seating that overlooked the vines and the willow tree/lake. We worked mostly with Patrick, who at every contact was professional, helpful and always kind. He had great suggestions and is truly experienced in helping you imagine your perfect wedding day. On our wedding day, he was very helpful and caring, and took care of us and our vendors always. Our wedding was truly a perfect, magical, spectacular day. Everything went without a hitch, and our guests were blown away with the views, the facilities, the staff and the Trump wine. Many of our guests told us it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to. We just so loved and appreciated getting all that we wanted--rustic, formal, and a gorgeous, gorgeous ceremony in that chapel. Thank you so much for a perfect, memorable day.

Sent on 07/01/2016