True Focus Films Reviews

40 | Burlington, MA

40 Reviews for True Focus Films

Jamie · Married on 06/24/2017

Selecting True Focus Films was definitely one of the best decisions we made regarding our wedding. Richard and his team so perfectly captured the fun, joy, and love from our wedding day! The entire True Focus team was so enjoyable to work with - from the initial emails and phone conversations, to the day of our wedding, to the final footage and package (with an adorable surprise gift), everything was so organized and professional. After receiving our highlight film, I shared the link on my Facebook so all of our guests would be able to see the video as well. I received comments, texts, and calls from not only our wedding guests, but a number of other individuals remarking on how beautiful the film turned out and how unexpectedly emotional they became while watching it. One of the things I enjoy most about the video is being able to see so many of the reactions and interactions of our guests that I would never have seen without the footage. Richard and his team truly portrayed the essence of our day - from start to finish. We could not be happier with our videos!

Danielle · Married on 05/24/2015

After watching a wedding recap film from True Focus Films online, I knew I wanted Richard to be my wedding videographer. A few weeks later we met (he came to our house which was so convenient, he was the only vendor we worked with to do this) and we got to know him and saw some more samples of his work. We booked him on the spot that day, 16 months before our wedding. A few days later we received a hand-written thank you. It is these small, thoughtful details that sets Richard apart.

Richard was so excited for us, and took an interest in learning more about us and our wedding day from the first meeting. He checked in regularly throughout the 16 months, just to see how our planning was going. He is extremely professional (taking notes on pre-prepared forms at each meeting), sincere, responsive and attentive to every detail. You really have a sense of how important getting it perfect is to him.

About 8 months prior to our wedding, Richard called to tell us that he and his wife were expecting their first child and due a week before our wedding. He gave us suggestions of a few colleagues who share his cinematographic style and shoot on the same equipment, and recommended we re-book with someone else to be safe. The thought of doing this devastated me. Richard was so committed to making sure I was happy that he worked it out that one of his colleagues would shoot the footage and he would edit and create our film. I was so thrilled.

As Richard compiled our film he sent us regular updates, clips and blog posts that we could share with family and friends, some of whom lived out of state/country and were unable to attend our wedding. Our recap clip was amazing and a week later we received our full film. We watched it last night and although I didn't cry on my wedding day, I was reduced to tears when re-living it watching our film. The quality of the Blu-Ray disc was amazing. I will treasure this film for the rest of my life. I can't recommend him enough!

Amy · Married on 10/24/2014

First off I need to highly express that Richard Kim from True Focus Films was by far the most Amazing person to work with.We cannot talk highly enough of the professionalism,the timely responses,the genuine care of wanting to know every detail about us prior to our wedding.After meeting with about 3 videographers,the search became depressing.We couldn't find what we wanted but then our photographer referred us to True Focus Films.Immediately after reaching out Richard picked up the phone and reach out to us.We set an appointment and he came to OUR house!So nice to be cattered to when you are planning a wedding!Richard came over on time I may add and brought in samples of the equipment he uses which was great,samples of his work which is indescribable how amazing and breath taking they ALL were!Our meeting lasted well over an hour but that was fine by us we were blown away with the professionalism.We were instantly hooked on his work.It was everything we were looking for HD quality,no shaking cameras,looked like a real movie when you played the DVD with the menu options,the sound quality was by far the best we heard.We had about 3 more meeting via phone/email and in person prior to our wedding and there was not one error in all the notes he took from our original meeting about a year ago! As our wedding approached Richard would reach out in email just to get us excited about our day which no other vendor did for us!It was great to see how involved he was.Then the wedding day!I was beyond nervous running around and Richard was just so calm and easy going,trying to keep me calm.It was just perfect everything we specifically wanted to capture on film he was right there capturing it I cannot wait to be able to view our final video the anticipation is killing us! Richard/ True Focus Films thank you for making our special day absolutely amazing.If anyone is looking for a videographer I HIGHLY recommend true focus films you will not be disappointed.
    Jerry and Amy Pajotte

Allison · Married on 09/20/2014

Working with Richard and Neeta was such a great experience! Both were so warm, flexible and passionate about catching just the right shots to highlight our wedding day! They were really great at catching things from the "background", which made both the groom and I more comfortable. We never felt like we had cameras in our faces. They did a phenomenal job at capturing the day as is, never trying to create moments - they were more interested in capturing genuine interactions. They worked so well with our other vendors - making our day absolutely flawless! If you're looking for videographers in the New England area, I highly recommend them!

Amanda · Married on 08/31/2014

I went back and forth A LOT about getting video. I didn’t want to pay half for half quality (which ended up happening with another vendor :-/) so spending the money was a big decision. Let me tell you, I am SO glad I did. All (but one) of my vendors were absolutely fantastic and Rich & Bob skyrocketed to the top of a pretty competitive list. They genuinely care about YOU and they realize that this day only happens once (hopefully). They came early and ended up staying a little late (because the dance floor took a while to get going). They seriously went above and beyond. My family was impressed with how respectful they were. They asked to see my dress and then asked if they could move it elsewhere for a better photo. I’m pretty easy going, but I’m sure everyone appreciates respect and courtesy on this beautiful but stressful day. They even helped my husband put on his bout because he had no idea how to. When I chose true focus films my husband had even said “I don’t see the point of video when we have photos, but if you really want it, let’s get it”. Well we LOVE our video and so does everyone we show it to. It is breathtaking. I am so so so thankful we hired them. They truly saved the day. Our photos didn’t come out how we imagined so the video really saved us. Get the preview (trailer) film… GET IT. It’s so nice to be able to show family and friends how the day went (in less than 10 minutes- and SO beautifully crafted). The longer film was beautiful too! We are so pleased and I recommend them to anyone who asks. It’s not just the quality of the product or service you’re getting… it’s also the experience and the customer service and True Focus Films HAS IT ALL. My husband still commends me on the great decision we made to hire this company. They were more like friends to us throughout the process, which really says a lot.

• User4208141 · 2+ years ago

When planning our wedding, my (now) husband and I did not make any decision without tons of research. We interviewed different vendors, asked for references, etc. I can easily say that working with Rich and Neeta of True Focus Films was one of the best decisions we made.

I remember first contacting Rich to schedule a phone interview. Instead, he suggested a face to face meeting and came to our home. Rich whipped out a notepad and started asking us questions about not only our vision for our wedding (style, colors, bridesmaids/groomsmen, #of guests, etc) but also, about our relationship (where did you meet, what do you love about one another, how did he propose, etc). Just a few minutes into that meeting, I knew we had to hire True Focus Films; we were interviewing him to make that decision but he was also interviewing us because he genuinely wanted to get to know us as a couple so that he could capture our wedding with a professional but also personal lens.

Rich was extremely organized from the get go, patient, and responsive which was pretty much the opposite of how I was during my wedding planning process. Having a videographer who was SO on top of everything was exactly what i needed.

Working with Rich and Neeta on our wedding day couldn't have gone better. Before receiving our final film, Rich shared our wedding vows online which was such a pleasant surprise because it wasn't something we asked for, nor was it included in our package with True Focus Films. Our wedding video came out better than we could have ever expected and working with Rich and Neeta made the entire wedding planning process and wedding itself that much more special. I would work with them again in a heartbeat and would refer them to anyone and everyone, especially those that appreciate beautiful work and want to work with professional, genuine people.

Jenn · Married on 05/31/2014

We hired True Focus Films for our wedding at the end of May. We cannot thank these guys enough for their professionalism and outstanding service. From the day we inquired about the services, Richard came to our home and explained our options. He came ready with work he's done in the past and was willing to customize our package for us as well. He came back another time as we got closer to the wedding to finalize the details. On the wedding day, he brought Neeta and it was as if they were both invisible. They took such great care to ensure that everything went smoothly and without a hitch. They also ended up staying extra time at our last minute request. We saw a few still shots from Richard while we were on our honeymoon and we cant wait to see our video! True Focus Films is worth every penny!!!

Richard and Neeta were absolutely AMAZING in every aspect! Richard came to our house twice to meet with us and spent a lot of time going through the samples and what would be the best choice package for us given our needs and budget. On the wedding day, everything went so smoothly and they both stayed extra time at the last min request. We were so thrilled with the end product- so talented and professional. Our video really came out awesome and we are thrilled that we chose truefocusfilms. Thanks guys so much!

True Focus Films was the BEST choice I could have ever made our wedding videographer. Rich and Neeta were extremely personable, flexible and they accommodated our every need...which was no easy task. They were professional, detail oriented...walked us through everything so we knew what to expect. They communicated with us before, during, and after the ceremonies...I certainly didn't have to chase them down. PLUS the final product was AMAZING, and delivered to us on time. They are masters of their craft. They were really a pleasure to work with and I hope I can work with True Focus Films again in the future.

Karen · Married on 07/12/2013

I am absolutely OBSESSED with True Focus Films! I found them here on wedding wire and after watching a handful of recaps from other weddings, I knew this was our videographer. We worked with Richard, who is extremely pofessional and amazing at putting together key moments! The videos I watched were complete strangers and yet the videos still brought me to tearrs because it was just so beautiful. Richard came to us both times we met and brought samples and everything we needed to make our decision for our package. He is very high tech and provides hidden microphones on the day of to capture the audio clearly, as well as offers high res Blu-ray discs in addition to DVD. He was also very responsive and just great to work with. On the day of, his wife Neeta assisted him as the second shooter. They were just amazing! I cannot wait to see the results!!!

[edited 11.13.13] We have received out final video and are absolutely OBSESSED! Richard and Neeta are so great at what they do, and are extrememly thoughtful as well. When we got our video, it arrived in a bigger box than I expected. I opened it to find a beautifully wrapped box that contained not only our 3 Blu-ray discs, but also a personal note from Rich and Neeta and a little care package that included popcorn and tissues for our viewing party. So cute! I cannot say enough about the video. Everytime I watch it, I find myself smiling and overcome with happiness, as it takes me back and lets me relive the best day of my life. Thank you again Rich and Neeta!!!

Tatiana · Married on 06/15/2013

We were so impressed with Richard and Neeta. Our finished DVD is very high quality and customized with pictures from our wedding day. The recap film they created for us was amazing - it captured the big highlights of the day and the music made it fun to watch! It is given to you as a link so you can share on social media, etc. and I was excited for everyone to see it. Our friends and family couldn't get enough of it. We got raving reviews.

Rich and Neeta are very responsive and extremely professional. When we first were thinking of booking with Rich he came to our house, showed us all the video equipment he'd be using and asked us what we were looking to get out of the video. Rich also came for another visit closer to the event to walk through the day - I had absolutely no stress about how the day would be executed with the video - he makes it so you don't even have to think about it! In fact, during the wedding, they were not standing out whatsoever - I feel like I barely noticed them in the room (they knew all the right places to stand) and they got AMAZING footage!

Once they give you your first draft of the wedding DVD, they allow you to make suggestions on any edits you may want before finalizing. I really liked that we were able to have some input before the final product was given. It's amazing what you miss during the day and being able to see it on video was like seeing our wedding day from a whole different viewpoint. We enjoyed every minute of it.

All in all, Rich and Neeta were outstanding to work with. Very nice people, professional, and they get the job done! I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Matt · Married on 10/06/2012

My wife and I got married down in the Dominican Republic and we had a lot of raw video from it we weren't sure what we would be able to do with. I reached out to Rich from True Focus Films to see if he could take a look and see if anything was possible. After verifying the video quality and content was sufficient enough he took on the tough task of editing it down into a recap video. We happened to be on our 1 year anniversary trip when he completed it and we were absolutely floored by how well he summarized our day using the video/photos we had. Rich and his wife truly are awesome at what they do and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a perfect way to eternalize and share their day.

Courtney · Married on 09/29/2012

Richard and Sean filmed my wedding on 9/29/12. They couldn’t have done a better job. Prior to the wedding, my husband and I met with Richard a couple of times to go over the details. We picked out our music, gave him bridal information, and supplied him with our programs.
    The week of the wedding I had a major schedule change which did not faze Richard. We took pictures before my ceremony at the Arnold Arboretum. Richard and Sean met us there and got some really good footage. Then they left for the church and set up. They filmed the ceremony and then ventured onto the reception hall. They stayed until the end of the reception (which was great because it was a 6 hour reception) and they captured every moment. We received our video last week and it came out great. The quality of the video is great. Our video is almost 3 hours long! We also did a 5 min recap which is amazing. Everyone loved it!
    I would recommend their work to anyone. Check out their blog for some of their work, its great.
    Thanks again!!!

Jennifer · Married on 09/22/2012

I cannot say enough about Richard Kim and True Focus Films! My husband and I just received our DVD/Blu Ray of our wedding video, and it was simply great. All of the best moments were captured, and done so with artistry and an extremely high-quality image and sound. The short trailer is something we are eager to share with friends and family who could not attend since it perfectly captures the spirit of our wedding. Richard was a pleasure to work with and I knew from our first meeting that he cares about his work and his clients so much. He really wanted to get to know us so that he could best incorporate our personalities and taste into the final product. Also, I really loved that he provides an editing process before the final video is cut. I am SO glad that we chose to work with Richard!

Nicole and Neal · Married on 09/08/2012

True Focus Films greatly exceeded our expectations. Richard was amazing, responsive, professional and not intrusive at all...we forgot he was even there but the video proves otherwise! He even offered to stay longer free of charge which is unheard of! We couldn't have been happier to have chosen True Focus Films and would recommend them to anyone looking for a high quality, professional and responsive videographer!

Richard was very professional and really listened to what we wanted. I would recommend him to all of my friends and family.

Laura · Married on 08/11/2012

I was the maid of honor at my sister's wedding. Rich at True Focus films was very professional and very responsive. We loved the quality of the video! It was absolutely one of the best mementos from the night. We love to watch the video, and the short "highlight" video is perfect to share with family and friends! I will recommend True Focus films to everyone I know who is getting married in the New England region.

Leslie · Married on 08/11/2012

Richard is a true professional. His videos are top quality with very nice artistic touches. He is also such a pleasure to work with. He gets all of the importamt shots, but he does so without being overly intrusive. We would recommend him to anyone looking for a quality videographer.

Shannon · Married on 08/11/2012

Richard was wonderful. The pre-wedding meeting was so informative and he was open to all my ideas. During the wedding, Richard acted with the utmost professionalism and captured every single great moment. The wedding film that we got back was absolute artwork. I especially love the recap film that he did. Still brings tears to my eyes every time I watch it (which has been like 100 times). I would comepletely recommend him to capture any event that you are having!

• F

Faith · Married on 06/30/2012

We wish there were more stars available to give to True Focus Films. They were fantastic! When we first met Rich & Neeta (the owners of True Focus) they had fresh cookies right out of the oven waiting for us. They made us feel at home though we hadn't even met before. They showed us several examples of videos they had done and went over all of the equipment and sevices available. Rich was so excited to talk about his craft, which is a sign of a great videographer. My husband was not sold on having video when we went into that meeting, but by the end he had changed his mind. When it came to the wedding day both Rich and Neeta were great, they got a wide variety of shots of the wedding and Rich worked well with my photographer during our couple shots after the ceremony to make sure that both he and my photographer got the best photos/videos of us. At the reception though, I didn't even notice he was there, but when I looked at the video for the first time about 6 weeks after the wedding I was amazed by all the shots he was able to get. The best part of True Focus' services is definitely the editing process though, which is what truly makes his videos better that any other I had seen. He takes the time to make a story out of your wedding, not just to regurgitate raw footage back to you like may other videographers. He asks for songs you want in your video so you don't get stuck with a song you hate playing in the background of your ceremony or reception. He also lets you make edits to the 1st draft of your video so the final product is exactly what you want. It was always very easy to get in touch with Rich and he was always friendly and helpful each time we spoke. The services rendered by True Focus were well worth it. We am so happy we have an amazing video to look back at an amazing day.

Jenna · Married on 09/24/2011

I thought I would update our most recent experience with Rich and Neeta from True Focus Films. Last I posted, we hadn't received our video yet. At this point, I can say without a doubt in my mind, that these guys are easily one of the best videographers out there right now.

We were set to receive our video demo on December 24th. When Rich realized how long it would take to ship our video to us, he called me immediately and suggested that we meet in person, so that he could hand deliver our video in time for us to watch it with our family. I just thought that was a step above what most vendors would do.

We received the TrueDemo (which allows us to make our own edits). I thought this was a great touch, becuase it gave us the opportunity to change/edit the pieces we wanted to make it even more special for us.

From the ceremony footage, to the reception section, and the truly amazing 3 minute recap video, that i've already watched 100 times, i can't say enough great things about these guys. Great quality of work, great quality of people, True Focus Films is OUTSTANDING!! Please check them out, you won't regret it!!

___________________________________________________________________

I am so thrilled to have been able to book Rich and Neeta for my wedding this past September 24, 2011! Throughout the whole engagement process i was working with Rich, on all the details, and he was just one of the nicest people around! Starting with him driving all the way to where we live to have a face to face visit with us, down to the last meeting a month before the wedding. Just an extremely professional personable person to work with. Very detailed and very knowledgable about his craft, we are very much looking forward to the finished product, as i have no doubt it will be fantastic! Thanks again Rich and Neeta!

Richard · Married on 09/24/2011

Rich and Neeta were extremely professional and got the absolute correct flavor of the day and event.
    What a wonderful way to remember this very special occasion. If a picture is worth a thousand words I think a video this well produced let's us relive the day in a thousand different ways and share it in a very special way with those that weren't able to be there with us as well.. Thanks again for your special treatment of Jenna and Paul's day. I can't wait to see the final cut!!
    DG

Katelyn · Married on 09/17/2011

We simply could not have chosen a better videographer to capture our wedding day! Believe it or not, we were originally on the fence about hiring a wedding videographer (in an effort to cut costs). When I visited True Focus Film's website, and watched some of their video clips - I realized that these videos captured certain emotions and special moments that photography alone could not. The high quality of the video at True Focus Films, the reasonable pricing, and our first meeting with Richard Kim was what changed our minds... and I am SO GLAD we changed our minds! Richard Kim and his team did a fantastic job creating a DVD that we will cherish forever. Each time we watch it, it's like reliving the best day of our lives all over again. True Focus Films, thank you!! -Kate & Damon

Lindsay · Married on 08/29/2011

True Focus is extremely professional and reliable. I have used other videographers before finding this company and would not use anyone else. They go above and beyond! I run a business that hosts annual functions. When I give them my ideas, they know exactly how to make them a reality. I have recommended True Focus to several other companies and we share similar experiences!

Bibiana · Married on 06/25/2011

Truly a professional in every aspect. We couldn't have been more pleased with the service provided by True Focus. The "Demo Video" only needed one minor edit, otherwise it was absolutely perfect exceeding our expectations. Richard captured all the highlights of the day beautifully in an unobtrusive manner - no bright lights. The quality of the video is excellent. I would highly recommend True Focus - guarantee you won't be disappointed.