True DJs of Dallas Reviews

53 | Dallas, TX

53 Reviews for True DJs of Dallas

Jordan Leshikar · Getting married on 07/10/2020

Awesome DJ

Wow! From start to finish my bride and I couldn't of been happier with Michael Roos and True DJs of Dallas. Everything from the original meeting with him, to the planning of almost song by song of what my wife and I wanted played at the wedding was on point. The things we were seeking in our music selections combined with the thoughts and opinions Michael had made everything go very easy. He had the music timeline of everything that was happening during the wedding and basically could of acted as our wedding coordinator if we needed him to be.
    We had to have quite the variety in music due to our guest list count to try to please everybody and in our opinion there is no one out there that could of done a better job for what we were asking of him. Everything from country, Texas country, hip-hop, rap, rock n' roll, alternative, classic rock, and a heavy dose of Latin music because my wife's family is Hispanic. I never once saw the dance floor empty or even close to it, Michael kept the music pumping and the party going all night. We only regret not being able to dance more or longer into the night. If you're looking for a DJ, I'd absolutely recommend Michael and True DJs of Dallas. Thanks again Michael!

Sent on 11/23/2019
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 01/28/2020

For a Great Time Call These Guys!

Before meeting with Michael of True DJs of Dallas we had met with a few different DJs but didn't really feel like any of them got our theme wedding. You know that feeling when people are nodding and smiling but their eyes are kinda glazed over? Yeah, that feeling.
    Not so with Michael! From the moment we walked up to his door he greeted us with a hug and welcomed us into his studio. When we told him about our theme wedding he was super excited and wanted to help us out as much as possible, even as much as sending us a list of vendors for other things that he knew would be a good fit for what we were looking for. He was so excited he built us out a custom package and even decided he wanted to officiate for us (if we wanted him to, which we absolutely did)!
    The day of the wedding everything ran as smoothly as could be. Outside was a little windy but he just went off mic and used his theater voice to be heard, and everyone said they had no trouble with hearing him. He thought the script we wrote for the ceremony was hilarious, and even loved our music choices. He checked in with us throughout the evening and played such a wide variety of music that our small group definitely were hyped to dance. He was incredibly professional, and was a joy to work with. I would definitely recommend him for any wedding or event you need a DJ for!

Sent on 04/26/2020
  • Emily

Emily Brown · Married on 11/16/2019

Wedding DJ

True DJS of Dallas was AMAZING! Made our wedding the perfect day. We got lucky and were able to book with Michael and I’m so glad we did. From the minute we booked he always stayed in touch and helped guide me in any way that i wasn’t sure of. Our wedding went so smooth because of him and we are so thankful we found True DJs of Dallas!

Sent on 07/07/2020
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 10/19/2019

Excellent DJs!

Absolutely loved working with True DJs of Dallas. Michael is excellent with his suggestions and super helpful. Our DJ was DJ Wiz and he totally made our day, had an excellent playlist and kept the energy going! We absolutely would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 02/06/2020
  • Megan

Megan Morrow · Married on 10/12/2019

The. Best.

If you are in need of a DJ, look no more! True DJ’s of Dallas will exceed your expectations! Due to some poor planning and lack of communication elsewhere, we were in need of a DJ on a very short notice. We reached out to Michael Roos to see if True DJ’s could accommodate us on such short notice. I’m SO glad we reached out!! We were super lucky to find out that True DJ’S of Dallas were able to fit our date into their schedule. Michael was a tremendous help for us! He literally walked us through our day-of schedule and helped us set up our entire wedding day outline! He knew exactly what type of music to play, when to play it and how long to play it. All while making sure it was music that we loved. He has the best system that helped us feel comfortable with the timeline of the big day. We had Jeremy as our DJ and he was amazing! He was able to read the crowd and play music that fit everyone so well. The dance floor was never empty. So many of our guest say it was the most fun wedding they had ever attended and I know it was because we had an awesome DJ!

Sent on 03/03/2020

True DJs of Dallas's reply:

Yay!!!!! I’m so happy you guys had a great day. Thank you for letting us help make it a blast!!! Congratulations!!!!
  • RandM

Randm · Married on 09/12/2019

A night made special

We contacted Michael Roos and explained that we were interested in using his services for our wedding. He was recommended by our venue host. Turns out we couldn’t have gotten any better advice. To say that we were pleased with the services he provided would be a colossal understatement. He made everything so easy and we felt like we were talking to an old friend right from the start. Our wedding was a destination wedding. so Michael set up a Skype interview to go over everything in detail. He made recommendations that we wouldn’t have even thought of, some saving us money and others making our night very special.
    A month before the wedding we flew into Dallas for the final arrangements at the venue. and had a meeting with Michael as well to go over the final details. Again it was like meeting an old friend that you hadn’t seen in years. It was a fun meeting. Michael was not only going to be our DJ, but the Officiant AND the Wedding Coordinator. (talk about an all in one job lol)
    The day of the wedding, Michael was there early to help us with our rehearsal. We already knew what we wanted to happen but Michael had a few suggestions that helped us tweak a couple things so it flowed more smoothly.  Over the course of the night, Michael was serious yet interjected humor that seemed to be just at the right moments.
    We really just can’t say enough about the job Michael did for us. We can’t imagine anyone doing better, little on going the extra mile for us. He made the most important night of our lives even more memorable for us.
    R & M

Sent on 09/26/2019
  • Gracie

Gracie Jade · Married on 09/01/2019

Look no more!

I have never been to any western style wedding before. So, I have a little knowledge of what I am suppose to do as I plan the wedding. Michael was really responsive and guide my hubby and I through the process as he was in the planning team! He planned out everything for us. Hired him was the best decision we ever made! Worth every penny we spent! I highly recommend True Djs of Dallas!
    Thank you Michael for made our night awesome.

He also was our officiant!!

Sent on 10/04/2019
  • Sara

Sara Aisenberg · Married on 08/24/2019

Hire michael! Do it!

Michael was one of the BEST decisions we made for our wedding. We used his services for our cocktail hour, wedding ceremony, and reception.

We found True DJs of Dallas from our venue's preferred vendor list, and we scheduled a meeting with Michael at his studio in Deep Ellum pretty early in our planning process. Michael was personable, knowledgeable, helpful, and professional. My fiance and I were blown away by how much time he spent with us, how much wisdom and words of advice he shared, and how well we got along. In that first meeting - before we ever signed anything or agreed to work together - Michael put together a detailed timeline of our entire wedding start to finish and shared it with us. It took so much pressure off (completely removed our need for a day-of coordinator, which was HUGE), and made us feel like we were in great hands. He also had recommendations for other vendors we still needed to hire. We booked Michael pretty much right away after receiving his proposal later that night. Honestly, the value Michael brought to our wedding far exceeds his price tag!

After we signed our contract, we used Michael's online planning tool to choose some of our important songs (first dance, processional/recessional, father/daughter dance, etc.), but we really didn't want to micro manage the process. We told Michael what we liked and what we thought our guests would like, and he took it from there. We are so glad we trusted his expertise! Throughout planning, Michael was responsive to emails, and even took the time for a phone call on a holiday weekend because I was struggling to decide if we needed a day-of coordinator or not. Michael was upfront about what he could and couldn't do day of, and his insight really helped make the decision. (I didn't end up hiring a coordinator, and I don't regret the decision at all. We didn't need one; Michael was right!)

The day of the wedding, Michael showed up early with his assistant and was ready to go with plenty of time to say hello, give us a run down (without bogging us down with details - so nice!), and coordinate with our other vendors, including our Rabbi to get the lapel mic set up, know what to watch for during our ceremony, etc.

Michael ran our reception from start to finish (we're talking grand entrance to last dance/send off) and TOTALLY NAILED IT. He communicated with us all night, watched us for cues, and kept everyone on the dance floor until the last moments of our party! It was amazing.

The only, and I do mean ONLY, thing that I wish had gone slightly differently is that our hora (traditional Jewish wedding dance) was a little longer. However, that is not something I feel we could have planned for in advance as there are too many determining factors, such as guest participation.

Again, Michael was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding, and we recommend him and his team 100%. Working with people you like and trust goes a LONG way, especially on one of the biggest (most expensive) days of your life. I never felt stressed or questioned our decision about this aspect of our wedding. HIRE MICHAEL. He is the most awesome. We want to throw this party every year and have him run the show.

P.S. Also feed your vendors. And give them a drink. They work hard :)

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Claudia

Claudia Martinez · Married on 07/20/2019

Michael Roos-True DJs of Dallas

Michael Roos, the man behind True Djs of Dallas, made our rehearsal dinner a blast! He played music that kept all age groups satisfied until the last group left the building. Before the event, he met with us and discussed our interests, requests, playlists, and more. We found out about Michael at another rehearsal dinner of a friend of ours, and we knew we needed him to make ours run smoothly as well as have a good time! He made the wedding planning process so easy, and if we ever need a DJ for anything, we'd reach out to Michael right away.

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Brianda

Brianda · Married on 06/01/2019

Great Job!

True DJs Of Dallas was a great decision! We struggled finding the right DJ until we found them! Michael is who we first spoke to and just knows what he is doing! He was booked for our wedding date so he introduced us to KB who did an amazing job at our wedding! The day went by so fast on my wedding day that I personally did not get to be on the dance floor much but all my guests did and that was my main goal! I definitely recommend True DJs Of Dallas for your wedding! You wont regret it!

Sent on 08/22/2019
  • Jayme

Jayme Harrison · Married on 04/27/2019

Highly Recommend!

From the very beginning we had a great experience with Michael Roos! During the first meeting we were already putting together a minute by minute timeline of my wedding. It was that attention to detail and his fun-loving personality that made booking with him a quick and easy decision. Michael kept the party going and made the transitions effortless throughout the night. I highly recommend him to make your day special!

Sent on 05/13/2019
  • Barb

Barb · Married on 11/04/2018

Look No Further Than True DJs of Dallas

There just aren't enough awesome things to say about Michael Roos, owner and Senior DJ and I couldn't be happier that we found him. My (now) husband and I happened upon Michael and True DJs of Dallas as a recommended vendor from our venue.

From the get-go, Michael took the time to understand what vibe we were looking for, our musical tastes, the type of crowd at our wedding, and how to bridge the gap between the older, more conservative crowd and our eclectic theme and musical requests.

My (now) husband and I wanted a very different wedding -- one that would reflect every bit of our personality and be as unique as us. We decided on a Medieval/Renaissance theme with nods to Lord of the Rings, Monty Python & The Holy Grail, Game of Thrones, and The Princess Bride. We also wanted music that we loved (rock, 80's, goth metal, industrial) but didn't want to scare anyone into leaving early or not dancing. For any other DJ, this would be a nightmare of a task. Michael not only embraced our vision but had tons of ideas to contribute, making it even more epic.

From our first conversation, we hit it off instantly. It was very clear that Michael knows his music. It was exciting to know Michael not only knew of the bands I wanted to be played but also enjoys that music as well.

Our initial in-person meeting with Michael further cemented that he was the DJ for us. By nature, my (now) husband and I are introverts, but sitting down with Michael was like sitting down with a friend. It wasn't stressful, it was fun and easy-going. We could tell he knew his stuff and enjoys making each wedding/event memorable. In fact, we became great friends after the in-person meeting!

Michael also offered to be our wedding officiant since we were also looking for something very specific. We considered having our officiant dress up as the Black Knight from The Holy Grail but couldn't find the costume -- as a backup, we planned on having Gandalf perform our ceremony. He was not only on board with this, but he also mentioned adding in the "mehwedge" part from The Princess Bride before we brought it up -- Michael totally "got" us.

As our wedding day drew nearer, Michael was a total godsend and an absolute pro at what he does! He prepped us for our big day by creating our day-of timeline, he helped with the wedding flow, the table floorplans, he went over what songs to play and when, he even helped us with our vows and what all we wanted him as our officiant to say. I can't say it enough -- Michael is the bomb-diggity!

Michael is truly an expert at his craft. If you're looking for a more personalized, true-to-you event... one that everyone attending will remember and enjoy... if you truly want your day to be special, True DJs is definitely the way to go. They're not one of those cookie-cutter, cheesy, run-of-the-mill DJ teams that have the corny line dances that belong at middle-school dances. My wedding day wouldn't have been as amazing at it was without Michael and his team. They made it easy, Michael made it fun, and he made it personal. We would absolutely hire True DJs again for any event.

I have to also throw in that it's extra awesome to have gained such a great friend in Michael. His knowledge, expertise, and passion for what he does made our wedding day epic. Justin (my husband) and I are so very grateful we found him and now have such an amazing friend for life. We seriously can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 12/16/2018

Sarah · Married on 05/19/2018

Michael of True DJs is the absolute best! From our first meeting, he took the time to get to know our likes, dislikes, wants and needs for our wedding day. He literally built our wedding day timeline during the first meeting which was super helpful and helped bring our vision to life.

He was super personal, professional, responsive and ensured we had a WONDERFUL time at our wedding. I've lost count how many compliments we got about him. I would recommend him again and again!

Sent on 07/12/2018

Danielle · Married on 04/05/2018

I cannot say enough great things about Michael. I am so happy I found him. I first spoke with one of those DJs that go for around $500. The guy on the phone kept trying to push line dances (chicken dance, boot scootin' boogie etc) after I explicitly said "no way." Music is huge to me! I knew the dancing was going to be my favorite part of the wedding and I wanted our guests to have an amazing time. I had looked in a million wedding websites for DJs but I found Michael on Yelp. After reading the review, me and my then fiance decided to meet with Michael to see if we meshed.

We met with Michael talked about music for awhile. It wasn't a super technical conversation about details. Michael took the time to understand our tastes and we even just hung out and listened to a few songs to get the vibe. When we left, we looked and each other and just said "yep."

We met with Michael once more before the wedding just to make sure we had everything we were supposed to have given him and he had all the details on the guests, wedding party and timeline. He also came to both of our venues on our walk through days to meet the wedding planner and map out the plan for moving from the ceremony in the woods to the reception area 30 minutes away to meet guests before they arrived for cocktail hour.

My favorite thing about Michael was that I could trust his expertise. He knew I had some taste for more indie style, but that when people don't really know a song they don't tend to dance. Michael was able to bridge that gap beautifully and keep everyone dancing. Even my grandparents, who I have never seen dance in my entire life were dancing!

He handled everything gracefully and really knew how to read the crowd. I cannot say enough great things about him. Positive attitude, professional, and honestly a joy to be around. I am pretty anti-social with people I am not close to and I would consider Michael a friend. My wedding day was as awesome as was in huge part to him.

Sent on 07/21/2018

Sarah · Married on 03/31/2018

Michael was exceptional from the day we first met him. He was open, funny, and explained our big day in such a way that put us at ease. He helped us create something unique to who we are as a family. We knew that first meeting that we would hire True DJs of Dallas.

The process was so simple, we could select our important songs and the do not play list, right from his website. When our wedding day arrived, he came and worked out the walking order with the wedding party, asked about small details and assured us that all will be well. Everything went off without a hitch and exactly as we planned. Michael went above and beyond that day, during pictures he noticed the cake had not been delivered (we had no idea)! Immediately he called and took care of it, next thing I knew the cake was on the table. He kept track of the timeline and kept us on track, we didn’t have to worry about a thing, just enjoyed our day.

The mother of the bride needed some emotional support and Michael stepped in. The music was flawless, everyone was on the dance floor and having a good time! The grooms’ family drove from the Rio Grande Valley to North Texas and he made sure to include plenty of Tejano hits to get us going too! I’ve never heard set that meshed our families together with a mix of classic rock, new pop, country, rap and Tejano. A guest let us know that it simply was “the best wedding she has ever been to”. We can’t recommend Michael and True DJs of Dallas enough.

Sarah and Luis Rodriguez

Sent on 08/29/2018

Tara · Married on 03/10/2018

Absolutely wonderful! Best vendor to date. Couldn't be happier.

Sent on 07/22/2017

Angela · Married on 02/25/2018

Truly made my wedding day memorable! So, I was at a loss for a DJ for our wedding. My venue sent me a list of preferred vendors, so this is how I found True DJs of Dallas. My husband and I met with Michael twice throughout the process. He was extremely thorough, and took the time to get to know us. He really got a feel for what we wanted. We also chose to have him officiate. He created an entire timeline for us, and really made sure everything ran smoothly. From officiating our wedding, to running the music, I really couldn't have asked for better. It was simply amazing. He knew how to feel out the crowd, and kept everyone on the dance floor. My husband and I kept having guests tell us how awesome our music was, and if they could get a CD. Hands down, best wedding ever!

Sent on 03/21/2018

Brittany · Married on 02/24/2018

Michael did great at our wedding! He helped us from the beginning starting with a reception timeline. I would have been lost without it, and he saved us so much time. He could really read the crowd, and my guests keep talking about how amazing the reception music was. He is also very fun, relatable, professional, and quick to respond. Totally recommended and would definitely hire again!

Sent on 03/28/2018

Ken · Married on 02/10/2018

After months of procrastinating, we reached out to True DJs of Dallas very late in the wedding planning game. Within minutes of our first meeting with Michael, we knew he was the DJ that we needed at our wedding. Leading up to our big day, Michael helped us with our timeline and provided some great suggestions for making the night go smoothly. His music selection was great and he was able to quickly develop a sense for the musical atmosphere we were trying to create. On the day of the wedding, everything went very smoothly and our guests loved his work. I could not have asked for a better DJ for my wedding and his rates were very reasonable. Dealing with Michael was the easiest part of our wedding planning process.

Sent on 03/25/2018

McKenzie · Married on 01/20/2018

My husband and I hired Michael from True DJS of Dallas for our once in a lifetime wedding. Michael Roos has been awesome since day 1! We met him trying to find a DJ and ended up getting our officient as well! I was able to be a "Go with the flow" kind of bride mostly because of True DJs. He had things handled from beginning to end. From the Wedding day timeline, the ceremony, and all the way to our exit. Oh, and he is a MASTER at crowd reading and played songs he saw got the crowd moving! We cant thank him enough for helping make this day perfect.
    Michael, you're the man!

Sent on 01/29/2018

George · Married on 01/01/2018

We contacted Michael only 2-3 weeks before our wedding. He was willing to meet with us that very evening. He was very personable and very knowledgeable about all genres of music. He worked with us to build a timeline that would fit into our budget. In the planning phase, he promptly addressed all of our concerns. He tailored the music exactly as we asked. He arrived early before our wedding and had everything working perfectly for our big event. Michael was professional and our guests raved about the music. We couldn’t have asked for a better DJ. His flexibility despite our late planning helped create our perfect day.

Sent on 01/12/2018

Claudia · Married on 12/30/2017

Michael did a fantastic job keeping our guests entertained and dancing the whole night! We received many compliments on the music ... from the ceremony to our cocktail hour all the way through the very end! I cannot thank you enough for making it such a memorable night!

Sent on 01/20/2018

Nathan · Married on 11/04/2017

Working with Michael was as seamless as anyone could hope for. He has a great sense of humor and is easy to talk to and convey your personal vision to. Throughout our entire wedding planning process, Michael was easy to contact and quick to respond if there was anything we needed at all. We were able to meet with him multiple times throughout the process and talk about the kind of music we wanted and to just give him a better idea of our personalities and what we were into and how we wanted our music selection to go. The music selection was fantastic and our guests had a wonderful time dancing and just enjoying the ambiance provided by the music! Worth every penny. I would definitely recommend him to DJ any party or big gathering.

Sent on 11/21/2017

Jordan · Married on 10/13/2017

Michael is AMAZING!! He did such a great job. He officiated our wedding which made it so much more comfortable because we were able to be open with him and actually get to know him before the wedding. And he was the absolute best DJ we could have ever asked for. He read the crowd so well. And you could tell that everyone was having such an amazing time. He really made the night absolutely amazing.

Sent on 11/18/2017

Sarah · Married on 10/07/2017

Michael Roos was our DJ and he was pretty awesome. He was very flexible whenever we wanted to schedule meetings. He could really relate with our crowd. Everyone loved the music selection and had a great time on the dance floor. Definitely not a YMCA DJ! We are go glad we chose True Djs of Dallas.

Sent on 11/06/2017