33 Reviews for True DJs of Dallas

One Event Per Day (3)
Uplighting (3)
Liability Insurance (2)
33 True DJs of Dallas Reviews

Absolutely wonderful! Best vendor to date. Couldn't be happier.

Profile Picture Tara, 3/10/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My husband and I hired Michael from True DJS of Dallas for our once in a lifetime wedding. Michael Roos has been awesome since day 1! We met him trying to find a DJ and ended up getting our officient as well! I was able to be a "Go with the flow" kind of bride mostly because of True DJs. He had things handled from beginning to end. From the Wedding day timeline, the ceremony, and all the way to our exit. Oh, and he is a MASTER at crowd reading and played songs he saw got the crowd moving! We cant thank him enough for helping make this day perfect.
Michael, you're the man!

Profile Picture McKenzie, 1/20/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We contacted Michael only 2-3 weeks before our wedding. He was willing to meet with us that very evening. He was very personable and very knowledgeable about all genres of music. He worked with us to build a timeline that would fit into our budget. In the planning phase, he promptly addressed all of our concerns. He tailored the music exactly as we asked. He arrived early before our wedding and had everything working perfectly for our big event. Michael was professional and our guests raved about the music. We couldn’t have asked for a better DJ. His flexibility despite our late planning helped create our perfect day.

Profile Picture George , 1/1/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Michael did a fantastic job keeping our guests entertained and dancing the whole night! We received many compliments on the music ... from the ceremony to our cocktail hour all the way through the very end! I cannot thank you enough for making it such a memorable night!

Profile Picture Claudia, 12/30/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Working with Michael was as seamless as anyone could hope for. He has a great sense of humor and is easy to talk to and convey your personal vision to. Throughout our entire wedding planning process, Michael was easy to contact and quick to respond if there was anything we needed at all. We were able to meet with him multiple times throughout the process and talk about the kind of music we wanted and to just give him a better idea of our personalities and what we were into and how we wanted our music selection to go. The music selection was fantastic and our guests had a wonderful time dancing and just enjoying the ambiance provided by the music! Worth every penny. I would definitely recommend him to DJ any party or big gathering.

Profile Picture Nathan, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Michael is AMAZING!! He did such a great job. He officiated our wedding which made it so much more comfortable because we were able to be open with him and actually get to know him before the wedding. And he was the absolute best DJ we could have ever asked for. He read the crowd so well. And you could tell that everyone was having such an amazing time. He really made the night absolutely amazing.

Profile Picture Jordan, 10/13/17, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

Michael Roos was our DJ and he was pretty awesome. He was very flexible whenever we wanted to schedule meetings. He could really relate with our crowd. Everyone loved the music selection and had a great time on the dance floor. Definitely not a YMCA DJ! We are go glad we chose True Djs of Dallas.

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List

Michael Roos is the man. He's a great DJ, but the thing that really set him apart is that he helped me secretly record my own music to walk down the aisle to. I went to his studio to compose and record the music, and he mixed it so that it sounded awesome. One of the best moments of the wedding was my fiance's face when the officiant announced that the bride would be walking down to something she wrote especially for him. Cue tears from literally everyone.

All the other important things for a DJ company are there too. True DJs is great at understanding event timelines, wedding flows, floorplans, and general event planning. You can save yourself some money and just use their expertise to plan your wedding. I'd absolutely hire them for any event again. #truedjsofdallas

Profile Picture Alexandria, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

True Djs of Dallas is excellent! Working with Michael was a breeze. He made picking a dj and music the easiest part of wedding planning! Michael is a very personable person and will work with you to make everything as perfect as it can be!! I knew within minutes of meeting him he would be my dj, and on my wedding night I could not have had a better time!

Profile Picture Kelly, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We hired True Djs of Dallas for our wedding in October. DJ Wiz did an amazing job, all the guests had a great time and were raving about the music! From the planning of the music to the day of the wedding, Michael and Wiz were very professional and organized. They worked very hard to make the planning easy on us and ensure that all of our questions were answered. Overall, I'm glad we chose to work with True Djs of Dallas for our wedding music and I would recommend them to anybody who is looking!

Profile Picture Alex, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

If your looking for a DJ that's down to earth, easy to work with, professional, knows how to read a crowd and can make an event magical then True DJ's of Dallas is who you are looking for. 5 stars isn't enough stars to rate how great he helped make our wedding. Thank you again Michael and True DJ's of Dallas.

Profile Picture Timothy, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My sister used Michael at her wedding in 2016 and he was Phenomenal, when I started planning my wedding for 2017 the first thing I told her was I wished he could be my DJ but we were trying to keep the cost of my wedding down to use more for the Honeymoon. So instead we hired someone from the family who was supposed to take care of us but instead called THE DAY BEFORE the wedding and canceled... I was in pure panic mode because I knew being that my wedding was in a bar scene that the DJ was crucial. My sister being the lovely person she is called DJ Michael on speed dial and told him what was going on and was hoping she could surprise me with him on my day unfortunately (in a good way) he had an invite for that night but worked with her in her pricing (being the DAY BEFORE my wedding) and had one of his other DJS Nick at Night avaliable not only did he show up and show out he practiced for my wedding for 24 hours before coming just to make sure he was on point! Talk about DJS that put time and dedication into their events he also showed up 3 hours early just to make sure he had it all down. We hired him til 10 but The Groom and I made sure our crowd tipped him well and ourselves because he was such a great dj he didnt mind staying an extra 30 minutes to play music as the guest exited the venue. He was the first one on the dance floor to lead the whip and nae nae and cupid shuffle (trust me i needed his lead) lol and even grabbed the single ladies and got them on the dance floor! Of course The Groom and I made the wedding amazing but Nick at Night truely pulled this wedding together and was the icing on the CAKE!!!! Can't wait for our next event with these guys! ?????????? #truedjsofdallas

Profile Picture Brittani, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

BEST. DJ. EVER. Seriously--our first DJ double-booked and my mom contacted Michael because he is a preferred vendor at my venue. He was free on my wedding day and boy am I thankful! The first time we met, my mom and I were blown away at his wedding timeline process. He helped us form a wedding timeline and got a feel for how our wedding would flow. You get access to a website where that timeline is and get to pick songs for all of the different events. It's awesome! Michael contacted me multiple times before the wedding to check in. On my wedding day he got everything set up (hours early might I add) and from there it was perfect. He kept things running smoothly the entire night. He even mixed a song (I don't know what DJs call it) for my father/daughter dance. We did a break out dance to Thriller. It was such a pleasure to work with Michael. He truly cares about your big day and it's obvious. You finish doing business with him feeling like you've got a new hip uncle! Really--stop looking and book with True DJs of Dallas!

Profile Picture Shelby, 6/3/17, 1 Review

MICHAEL ROOS RULES.
I cannot accurately express how much I loved working with Michael and True DJ’s of Dallas. It was like talking and planning with an old friend – he’s so down to earth and is quick to understand personal (music) style. My husband and I grew up listening to everything from the 60s-80s and we knew that we, and our wedding guests, would enjoy that genre of music for the wedding. Everything he played was absolutely perfect. He was gracious enough to even download a song that my mom requested that wasn’t in his library (Mary Poppins – super obscure but meant a lot to us). From the quick and easy planning process to the day of, Michael’s services were better than anything we could have imagined. Honestly I wish we could get married again just to experience the whole process again. My favorite part? The monthly WOOOHOOO emails reminding us of our wedding countdown!

Profile Picture Nicola, 5/7/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

I couldn't have been more please with the experience I had using Michael as my DJ at the wedding. From the very first conversation we had, I knew I needed him as the DJ and when I hired him, he proceeded to exeed all of my expectations. He was so great to work with and would recommend him to anyone and everyone!

Profile Picture Raegan, 4/7/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Officiant

We love Michael with True DJs of Dallas!! Michael was super responsive along the way, always professional, an AWESOME DJ, and an all-around great guy. The sound equipment was top-notch and versatile, and he really kept the crowd energetic and on the dance floor the whole evening! Michael also provided us with excellent advise about the timeline, which really helped us out. Michael was a phenomenal DJ, and we would recommend him over and over again!!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 3/25/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I were so lucky to have found Michael and the True DJs of Dallas. We did not get to have Michael as the actual DJ at our wedding, but he was able to recommend who would be best for us from his company. Michael was very thorough and communicative throughout the whole process. I never had a question that the music would not be just right for the event. He pays attention to detail and works with you to plan the perfect timeline for the event that also reflects your musical style and overall taste. We gave a list of recommendations for the cocktail hour and reception. All of my top requests were played and Wiz was able to get a feel for my music aesthetic and played songs that I loved and either forgot to request or hadn't heard yet. I would highly recommend using the True DJs of Dallas. You will have one less thing to worry about if you let them take care of your music.

Profile Picture User7769642, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My husband and I absolutely loved having Michael as our officiant and DJ on our big day. We asked for a fun, upbeat, relaxed vibe for our big day and he met those expectations. He had our friends and family laughing and dancing all night. He played all of our requests and listened to all of our wants and needs. He helped me with every detail up until the big day. I would highly recommend him for any occasion.

Profile Picture Devan , 1/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Officiant

Ok so full disclosure here, I am a wedding DJ myself, so the expectations for my wedding DJ were extremely high! It was the main question I got from people aside from “so when’s the date?”…
There was just no question about hiring Michael as our DJ. He has the most ridiculously vast musical knowledge I’ve ever seen, which was perfect for us because I’m a soul/hip hop/R&B girl and my (now) husband is a country/top 40 guy. Michael made our wedding a wonderful experience through the music he played from ceremony down to the very last song. And during the reception, our dance floor was packed and guests were dancing and having a blast the entire time! Michael knows when and how long to play songs, is a fabulous MC, and overall just a first class professional. You will not regret hiring him, he’s truly the best!!!

Profile Picture Nikki, 11/19/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

From the first time talking with Michael on the phone I was amazed by how detail orientated he was. My husband and I met with Michael at his studio on a weekday at around 6:00 but like typical Dallas fashion the traffic was awful and we were running about an hour late I called Michael to let him know and he was extremely understanding and told us to simply get here safe and don't stress. Once we arrived at the studio he asked a lot of questions about our relationship, families, guest, and what we had envisioned for the wedding. His main concern was making sure he really knew us. Then Michael built a detailed timeline for the wedding day from what time he would show up to the when the send off would be. This was all before we said we were going to sign the contract with him. Once we signed with Michael he kept in constant contact with us. The biggest thing he did to make our day perfect was the work he did with our first dance which was 2 songs I picked one and my husband pick another and Michael blended them together to make a perfect example of our relationship. He did the same thing with the father daughter dance which was 7 songs blended in to 1. I cannot thank Michael l for how special he made our wedding day. I could not have asked for a more caring, detailed, fun, and hard working person to share our wedding day with.

Profile Picture Saige , 11/18/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

My fiance Evan and I interviewed numerous DJs and as soon as we met Michael we knew within 10 seconds we wanted HIM! Michael is so organized and does not play explicit lyrics (which was important to this Southern Baptist girl). His website was so easy to use (even for a person not good with technology like me). His wedding timeline was perfect--when we couldn't think if a wedding exit song his idea was genius. At the reception, he dressed in a beautiful grey suit which matched out wedding colors. We give DJ Michael Roos 10 stars--he is the real deal and the absolute BEST at his profession.

Profile Picture Susan, 11/5/16, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

Michael and Joe were amazing! They stepped in last minute and saved the day for us. They took the time to meet with us and really understand what we wanted for our wedding day. The evening flowed perfectly with all best music. By the end of the night we couldn't keep people off the dance floor! Thank you so much True DJ's of Dallas for making our wedding night special.

Profile Picture Kathryn, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My husband and I loved working with True DJs of Dallas! Michael and Joe were great from the start--they really knew what they were talking about, they guided us through the process of laying out our wedding, and at the end of the night, everyone was dancing! We really felt supported by them, and we can't recommend them enough!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/22/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

When you get compliments about the DJ, weeks after your wedding, you know you did it right. Mike loves what he does, and takes it very seriously. He is professional to the n'th degree, while being fun and compassionate to your desires for your big day. He seriously wants to know all types of music you both like so that he can incorporate as much as possible about you both, into your day - and he does it! As only 2 small examples, my husband likes Tool, and Michael nailed it and incorporated the perfect spot of the perfect Tool song into our initial walk into the reception as husband and wife - it was AWESOME, while I wanted a specific, sappy country song after our first dance, and he found it and plugged it in perfectly. We were having a fairly intimate wedding, only 70 people total, of all ages, but mostly a bit older, and he was on point making sure people were moving, up and talking, dancing, enjoying the night. He checked in with us often during our year long engagement, asking questions, getting updates - which vendors are we using, do we need referrals for anything - makeup, hair, food, bartenders, cars, cakes... nothing went undone or unknown about our big day. He even goes so far as to set up a timeline for the big day so there is no reason for confusion or wondering what is done and when, which was huge for me to be able to relax and just enjoy the moments. I could go on and on about Mike Roos and Jeremy Duke (who assisted as our ceremony was outside and I had asked Mike to also officiate my wedding, so he needed another set of hands to help out), but to make it a strong point, I texted him the other day to say I had to pull over when a song came on the radio that he'd played at our wedding, and I was so happy with the memories of that night that I couldn't see through the tears to drive. I would hire him again, in a New York minute - 100%

Profile Picture Erin, 10/2/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

We hired True DJs of Dallas for our wedding reception. Our crowd was an older crowd in their 40's and had kids. We love classic rock for music but also wanted it with an elegant twist. Not only did Michael and Wiz delivered, they went beyond my expectations. They were awesome. Their professionalism was outstanding. Being there several hours early for setup, coordination with the wedding coordinator, we had nothing to worry about. From string quartet music performing Classic Rock songs during cocktail hour to awesome music for the reception. We had kids cutting a rug out on the dance floor the whole evening. When Wiz asked if he could play some country and western for our redneck family, we said ok. The adults took over the dance floor and had a blast. For a DJ to switch gears like that and make it flow smoothly, was awesome. We are 100% satisfied with the services from True DJs of Dallas performed and would hire them again hands down. They were worth ever penny.

Profile Picture Linda, 9/3/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day