Tropical Occasions Reviews

Tropical Occasions 6
Tropical Occasions 7

Chris Folk · Married on 06/24/2019

Outstanding Service for Destination Wedding

We loved our team at Tropical Occasions. We live in the US and wanted a destination wedding in Costa Rica. Natalie was fantastic. She was super organized and transformed our vision into stunning reality. We were able to do everything on line and over email and a few phone calls. The florist, the Cake, the officiant, the bar service, the food, the decorations! All handled with great ease and with a personal feel. Even the "blackout" that hit us 20 minutes before the wedding was handled by Natalie without any drama. Two phone calls she made had a backup generator delivered and the power restored. What a fantastic day, thanks in large part to Tropical Occasions and Natalie.

Sent on 06/30/2019

Dear Chris & Sara:
    We absolutely loved working with you as well! It's not every day the power goes out right before the wedding, yet everyone was still laughing, celebrating and knowing that no matter what, it was still going to be a wonderful wedding, and it truly was! You and your family are so lovely, and I'm honored to have played a small role in helping bring your wedding day to life. I wish you both a lifetime of so much joy and love, you deserve it!!
    Hugs,
    Natalie & Aimee
  • Alex

Alex · Married on 03/01/2019

The BEST destination wedding planners in the game!

Where to even start with our experience with Aimee and Natalie at Tropical Occasions?! They absolutely CRUSHED our destination wedding in Hacienda Pinilla, Costa Rica! Every single detail of the weekend completely blew us away, and we are still on Cloud Nine. Like, was it even real?!?! It was the most EPIC weekend not only for us, but for every single one of our guests. There are SO many details and decisions that go into every wedding….endless vendor options, menu choices, types of flowers, floorplans, timelines, rentals, etc. It can be a lot for any bride & groom, but then when you add in coordinating travel to a foreign country and schedules and housing and transportation for 80 guests, it can take overwhelming to the next level. However luckily for us, we had the absolute BEST team in the game to keep all the stress at bay!!! Looking back on the whole planning process, yes there were plenty of decisions to be made and checklists to take care of, but I don’t reflect on our wedding planning with stress or tension. Tropical Occasions made it fun and exciting instead. My husband and I are both in the luxury weddings & events business ourselves in Atlanta, GA (Bold Catering & Design), so I know how it feels when a bride or client trusts you completely versus thinking that they know best. I’m so glad that we kept that in mind throughout the last year of planning. It was such a sense of joy and excitement going into wedding day NOT knowing every single little detail, and getting to experience everything for the first time right along with our guests. We trusted Aimee & Natalie to make our day & weekend magical, and what they delivered was far beyond anything that we could have dreamed of. I’m tearing up as I write this, not because we are sad that our wedding weekend over, but so content and overjoyed knowing that it was the absolute BEST week/weekend of our lives. Every vendor that Aimee curated was the perfect fit, every creative “wow factor” that they came up with was the perfect idea for our friends and family, every design decision that they made reflected our style as a couple completely, and every hour that they all spent on our wedding was filled with dedication, thoughtfulness, and care. My husband and I interact with planners and vendors of all personalities and styles on a weekly basis in our own careers, but there is only ONE Tropical Occasions. They are rare gems in this crazy industry, and it’s not lost on us how amazing they are at what they do. Thank you to Aimee and Natalie for all of the back and forth emails, after hours calls and texts with timezone differences between Atlanta and Colorado/Costa Rica, and overall attentiveness to us. Being in this business ourselves, we know that wedding planners all have families and lives outside of their jobs, and we are so grateful that the ladies of Tropical Occasions still made us feel like their top priority and that we were your only clients…..of course we know that we were not! Best of all, we connected instantly with Aimee & Natalie from a friendship standpoint. They both have infectious joy, passion for life, and hilarious senses of humor that my husband and I both were so drawn to and immediately comfortable with, both over the phone, in email, and most importantly in person. We feel like we have gained friends for life! We can't say enough about our experience with Tropical Occasions, and we would recommend them a thousand times over!!! - Alex & Lee Miller

Sent on 03/28/2019
    Tropical Occasions 8
    Tropical Occasions 9
    Tropical Occasions 10
    Tropical Occasions 11
    Tropical Occasions 12
  • Pamela

Pamela Bellavita · Married on 01/19/2019

Get them! They're worth it!

We're so happy we hired Tropical Occasions for our wedding in Costa Rica. We absolutely loved our wedding and it was exactly what we wanted! Do yourself a favor and get a planner!

Sent on 03/10/2019
    Tropical Occasions 13

Tropical Occasions's reply:

Mil Gracias Pamela!!! it was beyond a pleasure and honor to have worked with you and Ian. You are such incredibly lovely people and your beautiful wedding was all you deserved and more. You now have more Family in Costa Rica and we wish you all the very best for your future as husband and wife! XO Aimee & Natalie
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 01/15/2019

Perfection

Aimee and Karen of Tropical Occasions helped me realize the wedding of my dreams. From the initial planning and design process of every single detail to the impeccable coordination on the day of, my vision was translated into an unbelievable event for us and our guests. I highly recommend Tropical Occasions as a planner!

Sent on 03/25/2019
    Tropical Occasions 20
    Tropical Occasions 21
    Tropical Occasions 22

Tropical Occasions's reply:

Alexandra - We loved working with you as well!!!! You and Aditya ( and all the guests!) are so kind and it was beyond enjoyable for us as well. We just loved seeing you both so happy and all the plans come together so perfectly. We wish you both a magical future and please come back and see us again- as our friends. XO Karen & Aimee
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 12/07/2018

Yassss!!!!!

From day one Aimee and Natalie set out to really understand who my fiance and I were as individuals, the type of experience we were wanting, and the vision we had. From there, it was the perfect balance of allowing us to be a part of the creative process, while skillfully providing the expertise to fully realize and execute the wedding of our dreams.

Coming from someone who is completely type A, I felt like it was a truly personalized experience and fully trusted Aimee and Natalie. When wedding week came around I was able to breathe, take in and enjoy all of the magic around us because of Tropical Occasions. For this, and for everything, we are truly grateful.

Last but not least, all of our guests had a freaking AMAZING time!!!!!!!

Cheers,

Rachel and Clay

Sent on 12/14/2018

Tropical Occasions's reply:

Rachel- Thank you SO much. We LOVED every second of working with you as well. Your creativity and out of the box thinking was so FUN. the end result was magical and we will be forever grateful for you entrusting us. XOXO
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 12/07/2018

Incredible!

Karen and Aimee were great through the entire process! Karen handled everything beautifully for rehearsal and wedding. She took all the stress away and was there to address any issues that came up. Definitely recommend Tropical Occasions!

Sent on 12/20/2018
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 11/09/2018

Beyond Talented!!

Karen and Aimee with Tropical Occasions are the most talented planners, they helped me put together my absolute dream wedding. They gave me feedback, opinions, pointed me in the right direction throughout the whole process. After having my design call with Aimee I had a vision of what our wedding day would look like but, when i walked in on wedding day my and my husbands jaw hit the floor along with every single one of our guests. I would recommend Tropical Occasions 100%!

Sent on 12/01/2018

Raz · Married on 06/30/2018

I loved the experience I had with Aimee and Nathalie.

Sent on 07/05/2018
    Tropical Occasions 23
    Tropical Occasions 24

Jon · Married on 06/28/2018

What can we say? Natalie, Jaime and Aimee did such an amazing job for our wedding in Costa Rica that all of our guests said it was by far the best and most beautiful wedding they had ever attended. It was so much more than we ever could have imagined, and it was by far the best day of our lives! From every well thought out detail to the awesome assistance they provided throughout the planning process, to the preparation they provided in the days surrounding the wedding, and to the smooth transitions of the wedding day’s events, we were blown away. Our destination wedding exceeded our wildest dreams, and we couldn’t be happier. Their professionalism, creativity, and communication is unmatched, and choosing them was the best choice we could have made during our wedding planning. We HIGHLY recommend Tropical Occasions!!!

Sent on 07/06/2018
    Tropical Occasions 25
    Tropical Occasions 26
    Tropical Occasions 27
    Tropical Occasions 28
    Tropical Occasions 29
    Tropical Occasions 30

Tropical Occasions's reply:

Jon and Maria- we are humbled and so incredibly touched by this heartfelt testimonial. We equally enjoyed working with you on this joyous occasion. Your energy and that of all your guests was truly magical and so wonderful to be around. We are SO happy we helped with creating this day that has made you so happy & will never forget, as there could not have been two more deserving people! Big Hugs and wishing you both a beautiful future as husband and wife!

Keri · Married on 05/19/2018

My husband and I used Tropical Occasions for our wedding in Costa Rica. Their services exceeded our expectations. Aimee helped make our imagination come alive with her creativity. Karen was with us every step of the way to ensure everything was perfect (we got more compliments from our guests about our wedding planner than the food...and the food was amazing!). But the most important thing was that they were very easy to work with from beginning to end. This made the experience of planning a wedding enjoyable rather than stressful. If you are looking for a wedding/event planner you can trust, pick Tropical Occassions and you won't regret it.

Sent on 06/10/2018

Lauren · Married on 04/14/2018

Working with Natalie and Aimee was the best decision we made in regards to our wedding. They are not only professionals in the industry, but they truly go above and beyond to make a destination a true celebration with no stress or hassle. Natalie made us comfortable and confident in every decision along the way and Aimee designed the most gorgeous ceremony and reception that exceeded our expectations in every way. I honestly cannot imagine a more perfect duo that perfectly brought our dream wedding to life! We are so grateful for Tropical Occasions and would reccomend them 100 times over to anyone looking for the most seamless, stress-free, beautiful wedding experience imaginable! Thank you Aimee and Natalie!!
    -Lauren & Aaron

Sent on 06/20/2018
    Tropical Occasions 31
    Tropical Occasions 32
    Tropical Occasions 33
    Tropical Occasions 34

Brittany · Married on 03/16/2018

Tropical Occasions made planning our destination wedding a breeze! At first, we tried doing it on our own, booked our venue at Los Suenos Marriott Ocean and Golf Resort... then quickly realized we were in over our head. We worked with Aimee who helped with our initial budget, room block, and design of our wedding by using Pinterest. The day of our wedding was absolutely perfect! I felt so relaxed and calm the entire day, especially before the ceremony. Natalie Denton, one of the wedding planner’s we worked with, was absolutely amazing! She lives in Costa Rica and is fluent in Spanish (SUPER helpful)! She arranged transportation to and from the airport for us and our guests, rehearsal ceremony, numerous vendors and our BIG day! The pricing in Costa Rica was VERY reasonable, was much cheaper than the U.S, and the country itself was absolutely beautiful. The food was phenomenal, our guests were happy, and the drinks were flowing! Natalie also helped us pick out our DJ, florist, officiant, photographer and hair stylist. I was amazed at how beautifully arranged our tables were at the reception. Everything I envisioned was there! If I were you, I would hire Tropical Occasions. You will not be disappointed! Also Photo Credit goes to Jen Harter, our amazing photographer. For more pictures go to www.jenniferharter.com and select Dave and Britt :)

Sent on 04/03/2018
    Tropical Occasions 42
    Tropical Occasions 43
    Tropical Occasions 44

Paige · Married on 12/04/2017

My husband and I eloped and Ms. Karen made everything so simple and easy and relaxed for us. There was literally no stress at all through the whole process from the beginning stages to the day of the wedding. She is highly professional, yet very personable and warm and made me feel like family. Since we eloped my mother wasn’t there to help me with things a bride looks forward to. Ms. Karen stepped in, helped me button up my dress and really made me feel calm and excited and beautiful. I couldn’t have imagined a more perfect day. It was our dream day!!

Sent on 01/09/2018
    Tropical Occasions 45
    Tropical Occasions 46

Chelsea · Married on 11/20/2017

My wedding day was absolute perfect thanks to the team at Tropical Occasions. Definitely worth the money, this team makes your wedding day as important as if it were their own. I didn’t have to worry about a single thing and they were there through it all even between all my indecisiveness they helped pull everything together for me and so much more. I highly recommend Tropical Occasions to anybody. Thank you all so much again for my one perfect day. It was incredible; all thanks to you guys!

Sent on 11/28/2017
    Tropical Occasions 47
    Tropical Occasions 48
    Tropical Occasions 49

Jacquelyn · Married on 11/11/2017

it was amazing everything and more than I could have wanted. was so helpful to ave this amazing team and made wedding planning super easy and fun. thanks again

Sent on 12/29/2017

Tropical Occasions's reply:

Thank you so much Jackie- you all were so wonderful start to finish. We will never ever forget you (especially you asking me to cut your dress with you in it!!!) We will be forever thankful and honored t have played a role in your wedding day!

Elizabeth · Married on 06/21/2017

Karen and Aimee made planning our destination wedding in Costa Rica a breeze. The wedding was a dream come true from the romantic beach ceremony to the flawless reception overlooking the ocean. Communication and planning was easy through emails, Google Docs, and Pinterest. They were able to capture my style in every detail. Karen helped us find the amazing house we stayed in and booked tours of the area for all of us. She was right there to help with anything we needed, whether it was running someone back to her house after the ceremony to change clothes or making sure I took time to eat. Thanks to Karen, we were able to spend a magical week with our family where we could enjoy the beauty of Costa Rica and each other.

Sent on 07/19/2017

Shawna · Married on 06/05/2017

Karen & Aimee made our wedding day absolutely memorable and perfect. We, as well as all of our guests, were simply beyond thrilled with our experience from start to finish. Two of our dear friends commented on how they didn't want to bother us on the day of the wedding because we must be stressed & overwhelmed with last minute details.... Only to return to Villa Punto de Vista to find us relaxing in the pool until it was time to get ready, just as calm as could be! When everyone asked how I could be so relaxed, I told them that I had Karen to handle all the organizing & worrying for me, so I never needed to do any of it. We couldn't be more grateful to have had Karen and Aimee as our planners to make everything come together so perfectly. We heard over & over from our guests that they had never been to a more beautiful or fun wedding than ours, and we definitely to them both for making that all true.

Sent on 07/26/2017

Meaghan · Married on 03/25/2017

My wedding wouldn't have been half as successful if I hadn't found and used Tropical Occasions as my planner. They made me feel confident in the process and organized throughout, down to the last detail. They went above and beyond in several ways and helped me plan events outside the wedding. Several of my guests said it was the best wedding they've ever been to! Highly recommend.

Sent on 04/27/2017

Kathryn · Married on 01/16/2017

Everyone involved with tropical occasions were incredibly responsible and created the most amazing wedding for us. They helped us organize everything from transportation from the airport for our guests, to a ziplining trip to our rehearsal dinner. The wedding was amazing and all of their recommended vendors exceeded our expectations. Thank you all!

Sent on 01/23/2017

Rosa · Married on 01/14/2017

My wedding was in costa rica and it was a success. i live in florida so you can imagine all my worries about the wedding. tropical occasion was amazing from beginning to end and they were able to make my dream a reality and everything looked amazing. from decoration, food, venue,vendors,dj, etc. even my guest were in love with the wedding and the complete look. coming from someone that did research like crazy; they are the best.

Sent on 01/23/2017

Meredith · Married on 01/06/2017

First of all, the vendors that Tropical Occasions works with and referred us to were all fantastic. Secondly, they worked to create a beautiful experience for us within our budget. Aimee created the most amazing wedding/reception design for our beach wedding and Karen executed everything perfectly. She was incredibly responsive, attentive and generous with the services she provided. And she went above and beyond to ensure that our wedding and reception went as smoothly as possible. She even assisted our family and friends in so many ways to ensure they had the best experience possible. Tropical Occasions exceeded our expectations and we are so grateful.

Sent on 01/27/2017

Alex · Married on 12/02/2016

Although it can be hard to spend extra money on a wedding planner, Tropical Occasions is 100% worth it! The entire process was so incredibly easy, making it a very enjoyable and stress-free experience. Natalie and Jamie were wonderful to work with, truly understanding our vision and making it a reality. We loved every minute of it and would do it again :)

Sent on 01/19/2017

Missy · Married on 09/10/2016

Aimee, and Karen were absolutely amazing! It can be nerve wrecking planning a wedding with someone you've never physically met, but these ladies made it a breeze. They were extremely thorough, and made me feel comfortable in every situation. On the wedding weekend Karen went above and beyond to make sure everything went smoothly and that my guest had everything they needed. Thank you ladies SO much for making my dream a reality!

Sent on 07/22/2017

Kelly · Married on 04/15/2016

Tropical Occasions and Karen were amazing! We had the most beautiful wedding on Tulemar beach in Costa Rica April 2016 and it couldn't have been more perfect. Karen was great to work with and I loved the Pura Vida attitude, made this bride relaxed and I didn't have to ever worry. The decor was stunning and the execution was flawless. I would recommend working with them to anyone. Our wedding will be the one everyone remembers and talks about forever!

Sent on 06/25/2016

Shayla · Married on 07/12/2014

When we began planning our destination wedding in Costa Rica, we quickly realized we needed expert help. I tend to be a frugal girl so when I looked at the cost of a wedding planner, I initially hesitated to spend the money. However, every dime was money well spent! We found Tropical Occasions online and were impressed by their website, which is the first of many details they have nailed. We worked primarily with Karen who has lived in Costa Rica for many years. Karen was always professional, quick to respond, and followed up on each and every commitment she made. The contacts Karen and Tropical Occasions have established are surely the best in the country. We were very pleased with every vendor we used. Aimee oversaw the design of the wedding which turned out to be even more beautiful than we had envisioned. Jaime oversaw our rehearsal, and did a fantastic job arranging and organizing the ceremony. The entire weekend was a very stress free process thanks to Karen and Aimee's hard work. We loved every minute of our wedding weekend, and we will remember it with great joy for the rest of our lives. It would not have been possible without the amazing people at Tropical Occasions. They are the best in the business!

Sent on 09/14/2014