Tropical Destination Management Reviews

Tropical Destination Management 6
Tropical Destination Management 7
  • Carly-Ann

Carly-Ann Miller · Getting married on 11/02/2020

Unbelievable experience! A real life dream.

I cannot even beginning to explain how incredible our experience was with Tropical DMC and Teresa! This was obviously a destination wedding for us so planning from a far was my initial concern. Thankfully, we were directed towards Teresa and Tropical DMC! From the beginning she was so relaxed and professional! We finally met a short 3 months before the wedding and she was on top of EVERYTHING! All my questions were addressed before I even had the opportunity to ask them. When the day rolled around, it was honestly SEAMLESS! Teresa was one step ahead of everything! I also want to address that she took care of EVERYTHING. She was my only point of contact rather than having 5 different vendors to try and keep in contact with during the planning. A little side note, I also planned a wedding reception back home after the destination wedding and I was BEYOND shocked at how many people I had to talk to and how little my coordinator actually did. It only showed how much Teresa truly did on our big day and I am SO thankful she was there to literally make the magic unfold! THANK YOU! It was a real life DREAM.

Sent on 06/04/2019
    Tropical Destination Management 13
    Tropical Destination Management 14

J.J. · Married on 04/18/2019

Teresa is a Dream!

We hired Teresa to coordinate our April wedding on Grace Bay. We live in the U.S. but several people we know on Provo recommended Tropical Destination Management. We made the right choice. Teresa is a complete professional. Everything was perfect and easy from
    start to finish. We wanted three days of elegant, easy events that we could enjoy with our guests and that’s what we received. It was absolutely perfect.

Planning process - Teresa was very accessible and helpful. The hardest parts were finalizing details that only my fiancé and I could determine in the end - choosing the venue, determining the readings and songs/playlists. You can trust that whatever vendor Teresa recommends will delight you and your guests. Everyone ended up exceeding our expectations. Our guests are well-traveled and connected and they had the most incredible week filled with love and joy.

Onsite coordination - Teresa was phenomenal onsite. She made us laugh, everything went off without a hitch, and we had the wedding of our dreams. All of our guests gushed about the week and several commented on how amazing our wedding coordinator was. You will feel like you have a friend by your side. I was calm and in the moment the entire day.

I have planned large-scale corporate events for hundreds of people in my past life so I am very knowledgeable about what an events coordinator should do. Teresa is a caring, detail-oriented professional who will help you achieve your vision. She rivals the best planners I have worked with and importantly, only works with trusted vendors who will all come through.

The best part of hiring Tropical Destination Management is letting go of managing all of the minutiae (before and during your wedding or event) and getting to focus on what really matters - being present and making memories with your loved ones. I would hire Teresa again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 06/09/2019

Kelsey · Married on 06/23/2018

Teresa at Tropical Destination Management is fabulous! She did an awesome job planning my daughter, Kelsey's destination wedding. She was always available to discuss various options and every detail was taken care of. We really enjoyed working with Teresa from the beginning process through the wedding day.

Sent on 07/09/2018

Nicole · Married on 11/11/2017

Teresa was great throughout the wedding process and I would highly recommend her to any bride and groom going to Turks. She knows the island very well and she will get anything done that you need. We had the wedding of our dreams! Thanks Teresa!

Sent on 02/20/2018

Bianca · Married on 07/22/2017

The entire experience was amazing! My groom and I did not need to stress over the details of the wedding. Teresa was extremely accommodating and flexible and truly helped make our day special! Thank you!

Sent on 07/29/2017

Michelle · Married on 07/15/2017

Planning a wedding to have in another country could have been very difficult without being there, but Teresa made the experience a breeze. She was a pleasure to work with. She sent us all the options we could choose from (flowers, to decorations, food, fun trips to have with our guests, hair and makeup) and gave helpful tips on all of them which helped us make our decisions. She was very accommodating in answering our questions and although we were on a island we were able to have everything wanted there (even flowers that don't grow on the island). She was even there on days we had planned other events for our guests and the day of the wedding to make sure everything ran smoothly. The decorations and flowers were more beautiful than we had expected. The food was absolutely delicious and the staff was so helpful and accommodating. We could not be happier with the way our wedding turned out. It was a dream and turned out more amazing than we had ever hoped. Thank you, Teresa, for making our wedding so special!

Sent on 08/26/2017

Timothy · Married on 07/01/2017

Teresa and her team were amazing at everything. Payments, set up, meeting times, flexibility with changing parts of the ceremony last minute due to sunset time etc. Highly recommend! And after the wedding we used her the following week to reserve and attend several dinners and outing which we could not have gotten into without her "pull". She knows everyone on the island and is highly respected. It would be a mistake to use any other company except Teresa's. We never had a strained moment with the planning of our celebration. Thank you Teresa and Team Tim, Daisy and family July 1 2017....most beautiful day of our lives:) Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or concerns.

Sent on 07/10/2017

Lady Melodie · Married on 05/20/2017

Teresa is a true professional and great wedding planner! At first I was hesitant to hire a wedding planner, since I plan events for a living & knew exactly what I wanted for my big day. Teresa took my vision, my concerns, my dreams, and made our wedding day perfect!

She is well respected and known throughout the island with vendors, businesses, and the general community. She knows how to do business in the Caribbean while meeting the expectations of Americans.

Nothing every goes 100% as planned, that's just a fact! Teresa quickly addressed every issue that came up and fixed them, to make our day perfect!

She is phenomenal! A great person who happens to an outstanding destination wedding planner. If you are getting married in the gorgeous island of Turks & Caicos, hire Teresa!

Sent on 10/13/2017
    Tropical Destination Management 15
    Tropical Destination Management 16
    Tropical Destination Management 17
    Tropical Destination Management 18

Robin · Married on 05/12/2017

I was a little nervous at first booking Teresa for my destination wedding without meeting her first, but once I started working with her and went down to meet her, I knew we made the right decision. She was always on point and up to date with everything. Not only is she a super nice, personable person, but she's funny, down to earth, and does absolutely everything in her power to make sure you are happy and get exactly what you are asking for. Everything that she did for us completely surpassed my expectations. She took our ideas and made them into a dream wedding that I could never have imagined for myself. Everyone who attended our wedding had an amazing time, and she made sure of that. She carried my train, made sure I got something to eat on the wedding day, and made sure everything hair was in place. I might even cry just writing this because I even wish I could go back and do it all over again in the exact same way it happened just because it was that amazing.

Sent on 05/23/2017

Harriet Lester · Married on 04/10/2017

A magical, stress free, perfect wedding day!

My husband and I had planned our wedding to be in Turks and Caicos but knew trying to plan a wedding so far away (we are based in the UK) would be extremely difficult. One evening after googling for the perfect place to stay I stumbled across Teresa’s website and instantly fell in love with the style of weddings she creates. After having a conversation with her and giving her our ideas it was done, the initial plans were drawn up and away Teresa went to ensure they became a reality.

Fast forward 12 months later and I woke up on my wedding day to Teresa and her team setting up our wedding in our beautiful Villa on Sapodilla Bay. Whilst I was getting ready, she worked absolute magic, I had so much trust in her that I left it to Teresa to make it perfect and the first time I saw everything was when I walked down the aisle.

Thank you so much for creating an absolutely stunning wedding ceremony, table setting, catering, music, the whole lot. I will be forever grateful for you ensuring I had the best day ever.

Sent on 06/12/2019
    Tropical Destination Management 19
    Tropical Destination Management 20
    Tropical Destination Management 21
    Tropical Destination Management 22
    Tropical Destination Management 23
    Tropical Destination Management 24

Cara · Married on 03/06/2017

Teresa was exceptional. There was not one single detail that she didn't think of. Planning a destination wedding remotely was something I worried about but Teresa quickly learns your style and taste and created our exact vision. From start to finish she was there to see that everything ran smoothly- and it did. My wedding day was perfect thanks to her and her team!

Sent on 07/30/2017

Lori · Married on 12/28/2016

Teresa Brunner is the most fantastic wedding planner I could have ever asked for. We just returned from our wedding 2 days ago, and my family and I are still amazed!! My sister kept saying "you are the calmest bride I have seen, aren't you worried about anything?" I would laugh and say no, but it was true, I was calm. Teresa made me feel as though she had everything under control from the first time we made contact via email. Coming from the States and getting married on an island you have never been too can be incredibly worrisome, which is why I knew I needed a competent wedding planner to help me with all the details. Teresa stayed in touch with me for months leading up to our wedding via emails and phone calls if needed; she even met me at the Villa as soon as we arrived on Turks and Caicos. Teresa took care of everything for us, from the secluded Taylor Bay Beach location, to setting up excursions for us and our family while we were on Turks and Caicos. Every single person she hired for our wedding was professional and did an amazing job!!! These services included stunning beach decorations, flowers, acoustic guitarist for our ceremony, our pastor, hair and makeup artists that came to our Villa, private caterer for our reception dinner at our Villa, and the most amazing photographer. Thank you, Teresa, for helping create the most spectacular wedding for us!
    Lori & Stephen McDermott 12-28-2016

Sent on 01/01/2017

Kelly · Married on 10/08/2016

Teresa and her team were absolutely wonderful. To this day when I hear brides talk about how stressed they are about their wedding I almost feel guilty over how much Tropical DCM handled for me. Like any wedding we had a few hiccups that I could have lost my mind over but Teresa and team to the rescue....
    - We had to change the flowers a little over a month before the wedding and Teresa was on top of emailing me new options ASAP (and they turned out even better than the original choice)
    -We had Hurricane Matthew blow through Tuesday before my Saturday ceremony which closed the Miami and Provo airports for 24 hours. Teresa somehow helped change my parents’ flight so that they made it just in time for my dad to walk me down the aisle. LITERALLY life saving.

I could go on and on about how beautiful the beach ceremony space was and the reception decor, set up and FOOD! were exactly what we were hoping for. I would 1000% recommend Teresa and Tropical DCM. Kelly & Jim 10/08/2016 Royal West Indies Resort.

Sent on 02/12/2018

My husband and I got married in the middle of what seemed like one of the worst monsoon storms to ever hit Turks & Caicos during the month of May. The forecast for the day seemed perfect, it showed sunny with a few clouds and a 20% chance of rain. We thought we were in the clear for a beautiful beach wedding, instead an unexpected storm passed through right as we were heading to the ceremony in the later afternoon. We got married amidst torrential rain, strong winds, life threatening lightning and thunder to boot, and -- thanks in a HUGE part to the efforts of our wedding coordinator Teresa Brunner -- we still got hitched without a hitch!

Throughout the planning process, Teresa was attentive, organized and resourceful. She helped to alleviate any additional stress leading up to the wedding by providing helpful tips and responses that kept me and my husband on track and staying within budget for the big day. She took the reigns on our rehearsal day and made sure all of our attendants (and little ones!) knew exactly what they were doing, and made it fun and enjoyable throughout. On our wedding day, I knew I had absolutely nothing to stress about because Teresa and her team were on it. Despite the monsoon weather Teresa not only showed up, her and her staff ROCKED our wedding. I was expecting maybe half of the staff to be there, for things to be a little bit slow, run a little behind, but no. Teresa had a FULL staff, and set up the ceremony and reception BEAUTIFULLY!!!!!!!

She is the most hard working wedding coordinator I have ever met, and I seriously cannot express my gratitude enough, she saved our wedding from being a total disaster!!! If you're looking for a event planner that not only is truly thoughtful, considerate, professional, AND that you can fully rely on (in a unexpected weather crisis!), look no further!

Sent on 06/15/2016

I cannot say enough about how wonderful my wedding was. Teresa went above and beyond what we expected. She even added tiki torches, additional flowers, a beautiful table for signing our paperwork, and more. It was a surprise when I walked down the "aisle" on Grace Bay beach. What wedding planner would ever do that? No one! ... Except Teresa. We were stretched financially due to a new baby, but Teresa made sure our ceremony was still fabulous despite our restrictions. She was professional and responsive via email throughout the planning process and even more lovely in person. Thank you Teresa and your team for the best day of my life!

Sent on 07/26/2016

Krista · Married on 03/19/2016

I'm so thankful we used Tropical Destination Management as our wedding planning service! Teresa was wonderful to work with. We were determined to have a stress-free wedding. Teresa handled everything- trust her to make decisions for you!

The day of our wedding was so easy- we spent the day relaxing while Teresa and her team set EVERYTHING up! We literally showed up to our ceremony and were treated like guests at our own wedding. No setup, tear down... etc. This is how a wedding should be!

Teresa is extremely creative and delivered an elegant & well coordinated ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. The timing was perfect; the evening flowed seamlessly. The vendors she works with (photographers, florists, DJ, etc.) are top notch and I would recommend her services to anyone!

Personality-wise Teresa is exactly what a wedding planner should be: sweet, calm and professional. If there were any hiccups during the wedding- we were certainly not aware! She handled everything effortlessly (at least it seemed that way!).

Do yourself a favor and reserve your wedding date with Teresa- and trust her input! I'm so glad we did!!

Sent on 03/26/2016

Janice · Married on 07/25/2015

Theresa was very organized and her years of experience contributed greatly to the success and ease of the event. I had no concerns that everything would play out beautifully. And it did. Most importantly I was able to enjoy the event without the worry of details.

Sent on 08/03/2015

Teresa & her team were super thoughtful and patient with all my questions & requests.

They went above & beyond on our special day!!
    We are so thankful and would love to work with her again. We recommend her without a doubt!!
    The wedding turned out amazing and she paid great detail & care to every aspect our our day!!

Sent on 08/18/2015

Sherrill · Married on 06/20/2015

Words cannot express how awesome Teresa and her team were to work with! From start to finish, Teresa made planning our wedding from abroad very easy and was very responsive. We ended up going to Turks before the wedding since we had never been to the island which provided an opportunity to meet with Teresa and other vendors before arriving for the wedding. That was very helpful and gave me a lot of comfort, however, I could have showed up the week of the wedding and everything would have been fine! But really having everything sorted before hand made the week of the wedding all that more enjoyable since all we had to do was give Teresa some paperwork and show up
    For the big day!!! I was the calmest bride ever and can attribute half to marrying the man of my dreams and the other to Teresa! Everything was easy! And the design and setup was stunning. Teresa is a rockstar! Don't hesitate to use her - you will not regret it!!!

Sent on 08/03/2015

Nobu · Married on 05/09/2015

My husband and I hired celebrated our wedding dinner in Turks and Caicos and hired Teresa as our planner and day-of coordinator. We didn't have a traditional ceremony and were looking for a casual, beach-front venue with a fun vibe, bonfire and band. Not wanting to choose a typical hotel restaurant, Teresa helped us to bring our vision to life, sending us photos of different options, giving us honest reviews of each and answering all of our questions promptly. Without us being in T&C prior to our wedding week, it was hard to put our trust into someone else's hands....but we are so happy we did. For our May 7th wedding, Teresa was impeccable! She surpassed all of our expectations with the choice of venue, decor and the scheduled activities. There are not enough words to describe how grateful we are for Teresa being part of our special day. She is quick and knows how to handle situations on the spot. One example is that we didn't have our guest's transportation booked in advance but she immediately worked with the taxi company to get us the best deal. If you need a coordinator in T&C, I'd highly recommend Tropical DMC because, not only does she do an amazing job, she does so with a warm heart!

Sent on 07/16/2016

I would highly recommend Teresa Brunner and Tropical Destination Management for your event or wedding. Teresa came highly recommended by our hotel and she did not disappoint. She is super responsive and an absolute pleasure to work with. We wanted a non-traditional wedding and she totally got it! She was easy to work with, calm, pro-active, detail-oriented and has great connections on the island. No job was too small or too big and we never had to worry about a thing. On the day of when a rain shower threatened our pictures, cocktail hour and potential reception she had already come up with plan B and got the entire party out of the rain for indoor cocktails. As soon as the rain cleared we were out on the beach enjoying what many of our guests said "was the best wedding/party" they had ever been to. She even went out of her way to add some additional beachy décor to the party that looked fabulous! She is a huge part of why we had the time of our lives! Do not think twice whether you need a day of coordinator or someone to be there every step of the way. Teresa and her team are the best!

Sent on 12/15/2014

Anthony · Married on 11/18/2014

A special thanks to Teresa Brunner at Tropical DMC for setting up a wonderful vow renewal ceremony to celebrate our 10yr wedding anniversary. It was a surprise event for my wife and she was thrilled. Teresa handled everything with the Gansevoort, which allowed me to focus on enjoying time with my wife in Turks and Caicos.

Sent on 11/22/2014

Teresa Brunner did a fantastic job at coordinating our wedding! Everything went smoothly and turned out better than we could have ever imagined. Things went like clockwork. She had all of the vendors, decor, personnel, entertainment and everything else arranged perfectly. She was very flexible with our requests and helped with suggestions when we were in question. Her accomidations, venue and DJ were priceless. I would recommend her in a heartbeat!!!!
    Thanks so much, Teresa

Sent on 01/23/2015

Erin · Married on 10/25/2014

My husband and I recently had our wedding at the Gansevoort, Turks + Caicos. This was a serious risk considering what a control freak I am. Plus, we had never even been to TCI. Once we started planning with the Gansevoort they informed me that they did not have a wedding/event coordinator on site and recommended Teresa.

I am SO happy that they did. We planned this small wedding for almost 10 months and never once was I stressed, worried or making the people around me insane in my typical control-freak fashion :) I am also super-non-creative and Teresa helped immensely with bringing everything together and executing a perfect end product. Thank goodness she was there the day of. I didn't have to worry about details, guests or timing for anything. She even had a backup plan ready to go if the weather was not ideal. She worked perfectly with our photographer, David, from Brilliant making sure the timeline worked and we could get a ton of amazing pictures (BTW Brilliant Studios and their photographers are the best!) Many of my guests even commented on the level of professionalism and dedication of Teresa and her team.

Thank you so much Teresa for our AMAZING wedding. I know for a fact that I could not have pulled it off on my own. We have so many wonderful memories from that day and our trip to TCI that I could never thank you enough!

Sent on 11/19/2014