Triple Twist Makeup & Hair Design Reviews

24 | San Francisco, CA

24 Reviews for Triple Twist Makeup & Hair Design

Jennifer · Married on 09/22/2018

Amazing and talented make up artist

I went to Triple Twist and scheduled a hair and make up trial after being disappointed with my first trial run with another hair and make up artist. Mei was wonderful to work with and knew exactly how to accentuate my features without making me look too different. I wanted to feel beautiful and still comfortable with the make up (I do not wear heavy make up on a regular basis) and she was able to achieve this flawlessly. On the day of the wedding, she was great to work with ! She was patient and provided ease and calm - when my contact fell out of my eye and my fake eyelashes (that she so carefully placed!) on that eye fell off - she immediately told me that it was no problem and she fixed it with no issue. She continuously took the extra step throughout the day. I absolutely loved every hairstyle and make up that she did that day. My bridal party and family were over the moon with what she was able to deliver. Mei is incredibly talented and I am lucky that I was able to book her for my big day!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Amy · Married on 10/25/2014

We had Mei do hair and makeup for our wedding October 2014. Mei did hair and makeup for myself and two bridesmaids, while Marcela did hair and makeup for two bridesmaids and hair-only for two more, as we wanted an early start on pictures before the ceremony. Even though it was a tight schedule, they did a great job with everyone's hair and makeup and stayed on schedule. I was SO SO happy with my hair and makeup. I didn't want the makeup to look heavy, yet I wanted it to look good in the pictures. I also don't usually wear a lot of makeup so I didn't want to look too made up. Mei listened to what I wanted and she did it perfectly! I LOVED my hair and makeup and all of the bridesmaids looked amazing!!

Communication with Robert was easy and they were really flexible when it came to timing for my trial, as well of the wedding day schedule. I loved that after the trial they sent the pictures in both black and white and color from all different angles. It was definitely worth the extra cost to do the trial. Mei also understood what changes I wanted from the trial hair and executed them perfectly on the day of! Robert and Mei showed up promptly the morning of the wedding with their whole setup and once they were set up in our hotel suite, Mei and Marcela got to work. My hair and makeup lasted ALL day (basically from 10am till past midnight!) and didn't even have to be re-pinned/fixed up after taking some windy pictures at the Palace of Fine Arts and Baker Beach. Both my hair and makeup lasted through the hours of dancing later in the night! Mei, Robert and Marcela were nothing but professional, knowledgeable and amazing from start to finish! I would highly recommend Triple Twist!!!

Sent on 12/09/2014

Hannah · Married on 03/05/2014

Mei was incredible. She (and her husband/manager, Robert) showed up at 7:15 in our hotel room and promptly set up her portable makeup mirror and lights. Way before the day of our wedding, I had an itemized timetable of the day and knew what to expect because we completed a virtual hair/makeup trial. Mei and I worked together to choose a look that was perfect for my semi-vintage wedding, and she executed it perfectly. I looked like myself, but a natural, 1920's pin-up version of myself. She even stayed extra time so that our photographer could get some of those "getting ready" shots. Such a kind and talented woman! I would recommend Mei to any bride. Thank you so much! -Hannah

Sent on 03/25/2014

Kristin · Married on 02/14/2013

Mei and Robert are delightful ! The entire process was seamless and they were a great start to a wonderful day !!! My makeup and hair were amazing and more than I could have imagined.

Sent on 02/20/2013

My husband and I decided to elope at SF City Hall, and her husband, Robert, was very responsive and flexible with our last minute decision. Mei was awesome!!! I was aiming for natural and classic, and that's exactly what I got! My make up was flawless and my hair was perfect. She made me feel and my twin sister feel very comfortable throughout the process. Mei is very warm, funny and had great recommendations. I wish her and her family the best and I highly recommend her!!!!

Sent on 01/17/2013

Hannah · Married on 10/21/2012

After going through several makeup trials, I was finally lucky enough to find Triple Twist! From the makeup trials, finalization of the contract through the wedding, Robert and Mei set the standard for customer service. And for the makeup? The best makeup job I've ever had done - this is coming from someone who has been in 10+ weddings!

- Hannah

Sent on 11/29/2012

Nicole · Married on 08/19/2012

Mei and Robert are a phenomenal team. Mei made me look very beautiful and natural. Her makeup also lasts all night! I originally thought of hiring her for extra hours of touch-up, but she said that her look will last and that i would not need to pay her extra $ just to sit around. Its refreshing to hear such honesty. I can't say enough about her hair and makeup skills. She is super talented! Robert Manages the whole operation. He is very skilled, efficient, and funny.

I also had Mei and her assistant do the bridesmaids hair as well. One of my bridesmaids had her hair done by the assistant and was not feeling the end result. When Mei was done with me, she went back to my bridesmaid and fixed my bridesmaids hair to ensure everyone was happy. Now, thats top notch service! I would highly recommend her!

Thanks Mei and Robert for such a fantastic job!!!!

Sent on 09/05/2012

Pamela · Married on 07/21/2012

Mei and Robert are a truly amazing team. Robert impressed me first when he called me back, literally, a minute after I left a message inquiring about hair and makeup for my wedding. He was so efficient during the whole process. When I met Mei to discuss my wedding look during the trial, she was patient, honest, creative and completely detail oriented. I knew I had chosen the right person for the job.

On the day of my wedding, Mei worked her magic and I have never felt more beautiful! My wedding look was absolutely perfect and lasted all night. I would highly recommend Triple Twist to all future brides!

Sent on 08/12/2012
  • Y

Yvette · Married on 07/20/2012

Mei and Robert were so wonderful on my wedding day! Mei did an amazing job on my hair and make up! Thanks again for making me look do fabulous! :-)

Sent on 07/31/2012

PJ · Married on 02/15/2012

I commissioned Triple Twist for my daughter's wedding party. Five women and a Flower Girl - all very different. What fun and what beautiful results. When finished, each and every one felt like a true princess.

Besides the beautiful results, dealing with Triple Twist was a delightful experience. Robert, the business manager, is a true professional and just flowed easily with every change we threw his way. Mei, the principal stylist is amazing!! Their price is more than fair - especially in our case, dealing with personalities, changes, the five women and a flower girl - all in a very short (early!) period of time. Professionals to a fault.

It just couldn't be any better than Triple Twist. They literally put the icing on my daughter's perfect day. PJ

Sent on 02/25/2012

soraya · Married on 02/03/2012

I had my hair and makeup trial with Mei for my February wedding. For someone who is extremely picky about my hair and makeup and somewhat a perfectionist, I was in total awe with Mei's work! She did exactly what I was envisioning for my wedding day. Every concerned I had was acknowledged and when I would hesitate to answer a question if I liked something or not, Mei would reassure to be honest and that she is there to make me look how I want and for me to feel beautiful.
    Her studio was also beautiful and spotless. Her husband Robert was extremely prompt and wonderful with returning emails and phone calls. After Mei was done with my hair and makeup, Robert instantly turned her studio into a photo shoot space and took professional pictures from all angles so us brides can get an idea of how we will look in our wedding pictures. I received the pictures within a couple of hours of leaving the studio and I loved them! I would defiantly recommend Triple Twist for any occasion in which you are looking to get your hair and makeup done!

Sent on 02/04/2012
  • Ellen

Ellen · Married on 10/11/2011

Working with Triple Twist was a breath of fresh air compared to many of the vendors I spoke or worked with. They were what you would expect from a professional company and were extremely 'buttoned up'. Mei is has a genuine interest in achieving the look you want for you day. She is great at interpreting your vision and and likes to work out any potential challenges BEFORE your wedding day. So the day of was relaxing and it was fun to see her transform me into someone from another era - the 1960s. I felt fabulous but still like I looked like myself. And when I made a last minute change to my hair piece, she helped sew a few things on it and get it in place without a panic. Everything really did last 10+ hours and the whole experience was top notch!

Sent on 10/23/2011

Sarah · Married on 09/30/2011

Having good hair/make-up was really important to me as we eloped to get married at the City Hall in San Francisco and we had not invited any guests (other than our dog). Since our photographs were going to be how we shared our wedding with family/friends (and since I had hired a professional photographer) - I wanted to look my best!

I was a little nervous: (1) because I have bad skin and I typically were very little (to no) make-up and (2) since we were travelling to San Fran for the wedding, I also had to schedule my trial for the day before the wedding (so no time to change my mind!).

I felt pretty confident going into it, because I had already had such a great experience dealing with Robert, via email, to arrange for the appointment. He was very prompt and professional with his contract and correspondence via email. He was also extremely helpful - I had to ask a favour prior to arriving and he did not hesitate to help.

Their studio is located in a beautiful old building (about a 5 minute cab ride from city hall) and the studio itself is very bright and clean. Upon meeting Mei I felt completely comfortable with her and I really enjoyed talking to her during the appointments.

I had a hard time finding pictures of hair-styles that I liked. I showed Mei a couple and gave some general description of what I wanted and she managed to make my hair look exactly as I had envisioned it in my minds eye. The make-up was also great. She encouraged me to try fake eyelashes and combined with the eye make-up - I've never seen my eyes look so amazing before. Even my (now) husband commented on how they looked like a brighter brown than usual (usually they are so dark brown they sometimes appear all black). The make-up also lasted nicely all night.

We just got our pictures back from the photographer and I am trilled with how my hair and make-up looks in the pictures. Given the outstanding service I received, coupled with the reasonable price, I would highly recommend Triple Twist to anyone.

Sent on 10/29/2011

Christina · Married on 09/24/2011

Every bride wants to look her absolute best on her wedding day. Mei is just the artist to help you achieve that goal!

I did two hair and make up trials, first with another company who used air brush and a second trial with Mei, who uses another kind of make up. Even though a lot of people swear by air brush, I preferred whatever blend Mei uses. It was just as light and looked amazing! Mei is also gifted at doing hair. During my trial, I described a vague idea of what I wanted and her interpretation was spot on!

On my wedding day, my hair and make up remained flawless for 11 hours, from when we did my touch up at 12:30pm to when we stumbled back to the bridal suite after 11pm. Mei also did an excellent job on my mom and maid of honor.

I also have to point out that Robert’s trial photography is SUPER helpful. He takes photos from every angle, so you can really see what you’ll look like from the front, side, back. And the traveling studio that they set up in my hotel room is so pretty - made for some gorgeous getting ready photos!

Mei is a true artist who can help you look your best. I highly recommend going in for a trial and booking her before another bride does!

Sent on 12/14/2011

Jessica · Married on 06/18/2011

I was like a headless chicken running around looking for a hairstylist last minute! I called Triple Twist and Robert took care of me right away. Mei was so easy to work with and helped me find the right look for my wedding. I was a very indecisive Bride and began having second thoughts on my hair after our initial trial with my wedding only a week away! My Bridal Party scheduled another trial to help ease my stress (love my girls) and Mei was happy to meet with me, entourage and all, to find me another look. On the day of, she came right on time, very cheerful and sweet, and made my hair gorgeous!!! I loved her calming presence in my hectic situation. Thank you so much Mei & Robert! Oh, your son is SOO adorable! Everyone MUST meet Jack! :-)

Sent on 07/07/2011

Cassie · Married on 07/16/2012

Mei did a fabulous job with helping the wedding party reach the vision each woman had for her hair, and each style was unique and complimented each woman nicely. Bridal make-up was amazing and I got a lot of compliments on it! :)

Sent on 08/03/2012
  • F

Danesa · Married on 05/25/2012

Thank you Mei and Robert for a wonderful experience!

I was in need of a hair dresser for my wedding day. I have short hair and was worried about my hair and getting married in San Francisco. had read a lot of review for Triple Twist and decided on a consultation.

Mei was wonderful and helpful and so so sweet and kind! She took my concerns and made me feel beautiful. I booked immediately.

On my wedding day, they came to my hotel and made me look more like me! It was a wonderful day and my hair and make-up lasted all day! The wind couldn't ruin my hair or my day!

I highly recommend Triple Twist!

Sent on 06/04/2012

Christy · Married on 10/28/2012

Mei did an amazing job on my hair and make-up. I brought a picture of the hair style that I'd like to try to my trial with Mei. She's so talented. She immediately got it and made a little twist and made me the hair style that's exactly what I was looking for. She also did an awesome job on my make-up that looked very natural and lasted for the whole night. She's also very honest and stayed true to her opinion but at the same time, did her best to make me feel comfortable to make my own choice. I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 11/14/2012

Tomoko · Married on 11/05/2011

(This is the same review I posted on Yelp, so apologies if you've already read that one.)

Hiring Triple Twist was one of the best decisions I made during the wedding planning process. As all brides-to-be know, having so many choices and decisions to make can be overwhelming. I remember being so confused by all the different hair/makeup artists out there. I did a lot of research and eventually went with Mei because of her stellar reviews and the before-and-after pictures on her website. I could tell that her style was exactly what I was looking for - elegant and natural.

Her work is amazing. My hair was perfect and stayed in place all day even though it got rainy and windy in the evening. The makeup was like magic! I am so pleased with how the pictures turned out.

Robert (her office manager) was great to work with and was flexible and understanding with scheduling and other changes I requested. Mei herself is very sweet and really listens to what her clients want.

I can't thank them enough for their services. If you're a bride and looking for hair/makeup, you can stop right now. Choose Triple Twist.

Sent on 11/26/2011

Danielle · Married on 05/06/2016

Triple Twist provided hair services for my San Francisco destination wedding. I wasn't able to make it to SF for a trial prior to the wedding so I was a little nervous about my hair that day, but I needn't have been! Triple Twist showed up right on time and provided beautiful hairstyles for me, 2 moms, 2 bridesmaids and a flower girl. Everyone loved their hair! The only negative at all was that by the end of the night the curls in hair that was down had relaxed out, but I think that is likely due to the humidity and wind in SF not due to the styling. Both ladies were friendly and listened to what each person wanted and delivered exactly that. Mai did my hair and I loved it. I only had a vague idea of what I wanted (a side up do with a sophisticated, glamorous look ) so I wasn't able to give much guidance, but it didn't matter, she somehow read my mind and it was even more beautiful than what I had envisioned. And...it looked just as good at the end of the night as it had when she finished despite the fact that my venue was outside. As a side note, Robert who does the business side for Triple Twist is also fantastic. He's very responsive and when we had a little miscommunication regarding price for my flower girl he fixed it immediately even though I had already signed the contract with her at the bridesmaid price. Triple Twist provided professional service all around. I highly recommend!

Sent on 06/06/2016

Annie · Married on 08/11/2012

Mei did hair and make-up for my bridal party and me and did a great job. My make up looked natural, felt light and gave the "me, only better" look I was aiming for. I had a hard time deciding on my hairstyle, scheduling a second trial after deciding I wanted something a little different than what we had done in my first trial, and ultimately tweaking it again on the day of my wedding. Mei and her assistant did a great job with my bridal party as well. They arrived at our hotel on time and we were ready to go as planned. My make-up lasted the entire day and night (over 12 hours!), and my loose curls were perfect for our ceremony and photos, though they did straighten quite a bit by the end of the reception. Mei and her husband, Robert, who answered all my emails and handled the business side of things, were a pleasure to work with. Their prices initially seemed quite high to me, but were comparable to other top wedding hair and make-up professionals in the Bay Area. Overall, I was very happy with my experience.

Sent on 12/02/2012

Andrea · Married on 07/31/2011

3.5

I couldn't have been more pleased with the hair and make-up by Mei. Mei is so sweet and easy to work with. I had my trial at her studio in the city, then she came to Livermore for the day of the wedding reception. Make-up was very natural and stayed put all night. I especially loved the individual lashes! Mei did make-up for my mom as well and I have never seen her look more beautiful! In fact we were looking at photos the other day and still can't get over how incredible her eyes looked! Thank you Mei and Robert for helping to make my wedding reception such a memorable and beautiful occasion. I would recommend your services to anyone looking for a professional, punctual and awesome make-up and hair stylist!

Sent on 10/29/2011

Karen · Married on 12/29/2011

4.2
      3.0

I engaged Triple Twist Make up and Hair services before making my way to SFO for my pre-wedding photoshoot from Singapore. The make up I had was natural and long lasting throughout the whole outdoor shoot. I am impressed with the whole set up in my room before my make up session and Mei was good at analysing how I want my hair to be done. She gave me suggestions to ensure I can achieve the 2nd hairdo that I like on my own when I am halfway through the shoot. Thank you Mei and Robert!

Sent on 02/01/2012

Jerely · Married on 12/26/2017

3.8
      3.0

Good service. I love the mobile Italian make up studio.

Sent on 01/31/2018