Tricia Clarke Makeup Reviews

43 | Elmhurst, IL

43 Reviews for Tricia Clarke Makeup

Caylee S. · Getting married on 07/07/2022

Best around

We downsized to a smaller wedding and Tricia took all the necessary precautions due to COVID-19 and was flexible in her meeting location! She took her time doing the trial and took pictures I could refer to later! She even wrote down the products she used and gave plenty of recommendations. Prior to the wedding day, she created a document I could send to my family members with different ways they could prep their skin, tips/tricks, and the schedule. We switched our schedule around the night before and she was more than accomodating. My makeup was natural, but still had that "bridal glam" I was looking for. Our wedding was outside on a boat in July and my makeup lasted the entire time! She made everyone feel extra special and kept everyone calm and relaxed. You won't regret booking her!

Sent on 08/26/2020

Tricia Clarke Makeup's reply:

Caylee, thank you so much! I am so glad I got to be a part of your day. I loved your bridal look, and had such a great time with you and your family that morning. Thank you for trusting me!
  • Anna

Anna C. · Getting married on 11/06/2021

Can't wait to work with Tricia!

I am a Chicago wedding florist who booked Tricia for my own wedding after meeting her for the first time on a styled shoot. She is so sweet, fun, and talented- I knew immediately that I wanted her there for my big day.

While my wedding has been postponed due to COVID, I am writing this review now because she has been so amazing and supportive during the postponement process. I know as a vendor how tough this time is and I have been so impressed by Tricia's professionalism and grace. Thank you Tricia, I can't wait to work with you for my wedding. I know I will have another stellar review to write for you next year, and in the meantime, I highly advise all brides to book her asap!

Sent on 06/03/2020

Anna!
    I am SO EXCITED for your wedding next year, and this thoughtfulness just chokes me up! Thank you so much, and I am sending all that love right back to you! Your floral work is absolutely incredible and I wish I could get married all over again so I could hire you to create an enchanted garden for me!
  • F

Fox A. · Married on 10/09/2020

Rave Reviews!

We have had many past clients work with Tricia and there have never been anything but RAVE reviews about her! We love photographing her beautiful makeup work and appreciate working with such a professional! She's simply the best!

Sent on 09/10/2020
  • Angela

Angela A. · Married on 08/29/2020

10/10 Favorite to Work with

Out of all of the wedding vendors I worked with (venue, DJ, food, etc.), Tricia was by far my number one favorite vendor. She was so easy to work with, extremely responsive, a true professional and SO talented! I don't wear makeup often and so I was worried I wouldn't look like myself on my wedding day, caked in makeup. The makeup trial made me feel completely at ease, and I felt like a million bucks on my wedding day. Also, Tricia finished all of my wedding party makeup ahead of schedule and everyone looked gorgeous. My makeup lasted all day, and I didn't even notice the fake lashes she added to my eye line (usually they are pretty heavy). She is worth the $$. Stop looking for makeup artists already and go with Tricia.

Sent on 09/05/2020
  • Anne

Anne M. · Married on 08/14/2020

Tricia Clarke Makeup - Amazing!

I am so grateful that Tricia was there on my wedding day! She has a bubbly, warm personality and immediately makes everyone feel comfortable. She is also extremely professional, is always on time, and responds to emails quickly. I absolutely loved my wedding makeup. I looked like myself, but GOOD; not “natural,” not super made-up, just like my best, most beautiful self. My friends and family also loved their makeup. Tricia listens carefully to everyone’s preferences and creates customized looks that are so beautiful and flattering. I want her to do my makeup every day! Megan also did an awesome job on hair! She created a style for me based on a couple of picture, and did a great job with my extensions and floral pieces. She was able to make my hair look loose and wavy while making sure that it stayed put all night. She also created beautiful styles for my family and friends.

Sent on 08/27/2020

Tricia Clarke Makeup's reply:

Anne! It was our pleasure to be a part of your wedding day! Your bridal look was gorgeous and I am so glad you loved your makeup and hair. Your family and friends were of course, amazing and we had a great day with all of you. Thank you so much!
  • Merideth

Merideth S. · Married on 02/19/2020

Tricia is Simply the Best

Tricia and her team were simply amazing throughout the entire experience. Tricia was super communicative, asked all the right questions to understand my vision for my wedding day, organized, and professional. Tricia was already booked for another wedding, but her stylist Bridget stepped in and was beyond fantastic! She arrived early, asked questions to understand what each person wanted in their make-up look, was super fun and personable, and the makeup was just outstanding! It lasted the entire day! Bridget was also super flexible and patient when our hair schedule fell a little bit behind and therefore delayed out makeup schedule slightly. I'm so glad I booked Tricia Clarke Makeup for my wedding and highly recommend them to everyone!!

Sent on 10/13/2020

Marissa M. · Married on 11/30/2019

Tricia Clarke Wedding Makeup and Hair

Tricia was amazing to work with. She made the process super simple and the experience very comfortable. You get to know each other at the trial and she gets to understand your style and how you want to look on your wedding. Tricia is super buttoned up and put together a timeline that will accommodate you and your bridal party, allowing you to not worry about a thing. Her team was personable and so much fun and did a terrific job. All of my bridesmaids, moms and myself looked stunning. Would highly recommend.

Sent on 12/18/2019

Marissa,
    Thank you so much for your kind words! My team and I had such a fun time with you and your girls on your wedding day!
  • Klhopkins

Katharine · Married on 08/10/2019

Tricia is an amazing beauty artist who listens to her clients. She’s professional, kind, innovative, classy, and hard working!

Tricia was so wonderful to work with! She was professional, kind, and patient with the craziness of my life leading up to our wedding day! Tricia made sure my ideas were heard, and checked to make sure I was comfortable with my look and options. On our wedding day (August 10, 2019), she showed up right on time with two additional makeup/hair stylists to help get my bridal party ready! (Not to mention she was patient with my old dad not understanding online payments...thank you!) Tricia was so kind and gentle with my mom and helped to make her feel beautiful on our wedding day. My mom has been fighting breast cancer, and Tricia made my mom look like she had life back into her. No one could even notice she was ill that day. She was caring, compassionate, and even emailed me a time or two to check in on her. It really meant a lot. Tricia is not only a talented beauty artist, but she is a woman of Faith, trend setter, and overall an amazing woman to know. She makes you feel at ease, and that you’ve been friends for a long time. Thank you for not only making me feel beautiful on our wedding day, but also my entire bridal party!!!

Sent on 01/23/2020

Susan S. · Married on 07/11/2019

Above and Beyond!

I would highly recommend Tricia for all weddings! Her positive and calming approach was so well received. She went above and beyond to support me on my wedding day. She even assisted me in getting into my wedding dress and ensured that not only me but the entire wedding party was serviced. She was extremely responsive during the entire planning phase and always made herself available for the many questions that I had. She is a true professional!

Sent on 07/11/2019
  • Laura

Laura T. · Married on 06/15/2019

Simply the BEST in the Midwest, highly recommend, book her now and don't miss out!

Tricia is not only the most talented makeup artist I have ever had the joy of working with, she is also one of the most genuine, kind, thoughtful, fun, motivated, hardworking, spunky women I have ever met! Makeup was one of my top priorities and one of the first vendors we booked once we chose our wedding date, and I am so grateful that my wedding planner recommended Tricia right off the bat. She books out so far in advance because she is that amazing so do not hesitate and book her ASAP!! After booking her I actually started following her Instagram page before ever meeting her in person and found her to be so bubbly and relatable, and she gives such good and useful recommendations that I have incorporated into my daily routine! Prior to my trial all of our interactions via email were great -- she is quick to reply, very professional, and it was very easy to coordinate all the important details. She is so incredibly talented and I was so happy with my trial, but I found some new inspiration photos before the wedding that she was able to incorporate seamlessly and she totally knocked my makeup out of the park! I felt so beautiful and my makeup lasted ALL DAY AND NIGHT! My bridesmaids all loved her too -- she was so much fun getting ready with us and she and her colleague Adrianna created beautiful and special looks for each of my girls based on their requests. I definitely recommend Tricia as the Chicago makeup artist, Wisconsin makeup artist or really anywhere makeup artist of your dreams -- she definitely made mine come true by helping me look and feel beautiful on my wedding day! I'm not kidding - book her now or you will regret missing out on this true gem!!

Sent on 07/05/2019

Laura,
    What an amazing and thoughtful review! It was such a joy to be a part of your wedding day in Madison and it was a highlight of my year. I am so glad you loved your look!

Jill W. · Married on 04/26/2019

Incredible experience, highly recommend

I'd recommend Tricia Clarke for wedding hair and makeup without hesitation. On top of doing an amazing job where she made me look and feel the most beautiful I've ever been, she and her team are incredibly organized, responsive, prompt, and competitively priced. When you hire Tricia, you're not just hiring her for hair and makeup, she is the person who is literally running your morning and day-off schedule. Her communication was flawless--she provided a schedule, an email for me to copy and paste to my attendants on how to be prepared that morning, and kept everything moving. Everyone was very pleased with their looks on wedding day. Also, for the hair and makeup trial, she came to my house, which was awesome for scheduling. 10/10.

Sent on 05/10/2019
  • lexi

Lexi · Married on 03/16/2019

The best in the business!

Tricia came highly recommended to me and I couldn't be more glad she did. She is truly one of the sweetest people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. You can tell she's genuinely interested in providing the best service to her clients and making them feel beautiful on their special day. We did a trial a few weeks out and she really listened to what I wanted and the feedback I gave her so that I could have my perfect look on the day of the wedding. She was also very easy and flexible with schedules and demands. Day of the wedding she was patient with the Moms having their hair/makeup done with very specific wants and needs, she listened to all of my feedback from our trial and she made me feel more beautiful than ever! My makeup looked amazing, received so many compliments, and held up all night. Thank you Tricia!!!!

Sent on 07/28/2019
  • Heather

Heather R. · Married on 02/11/2019

She's the best!

Tricia is everything you could want in a Wedding Make-Up Artist. Highlights- She responded to email communication in a timely manner, she listened and asked the right questions during my trial and day-of, she was both fun and on time (both necessary qualities for wedding days). I felt comfortable asking for adjustments on the day-of and she worked to make sure I was happy with my final look. I would recommend Tricia to any bride as she has a range of application skills, from natural looks to full-face make-up looks. Everyone in my bridal party was so happy with their make-up!

Sent on 12/27/2019

Kaitlin · Married on 11/10/2018

Wonderful experience from start to finish!

Tricia was absolutely wonderful to work with! I was referred to her by another makeup artist for my November 2018 wedding and from our first phone call I knew she was the right person for me! One of the best things about working with Tricia is that she really takes the time to really get to know you and your style. As someone who doesn't wear a lot of makeup everyday I wanted a pretty minimal/natural look for my engagement photos and Tricia absolutely delivered. When I decided I wanted to do a bit more for the wedding, Tricia was super helpful in making sure I got a more dramatic look that still made me feel understated, natural, and like myself. Not to mention that my makeup lasted the entire 16 hour day with no touch ups and looked just as gorgeous at midnight as it did at 8am!

Tricia is also extremely organized and on top of things which made the whole experience so relaxing and enjoyable. I had a fairly large bridal party who all needed hair and makeup done so Tricia brought two extra makeup artists with her and created a very detailed schedule for the morning of to make sure everything ran smoothly and we all got done on time. She was excellent at making sure that everyone's makeup/hair coordinated with each other and that no one stuck out as being over or under done. Tricia was also just a fun, calming presence that morning. It was clear she had everything under control but she didn't seem stressed in the slightest and really made everyone feel at ease and pampered. The girls and I loved our looks and we had such a fun, relaxed morning laughing and sipping mimosas which is exactly what I wanted!

She was also extremely flexible and accommodating! The week before the wedding I called her up to ask about adding some extra services for additional people. I fully expected her to say it was too late to add services but instead she said, "Absolutely! That is no problem at all let me just adjust the schedule and get back to you." I cannot tell you how relieved and grateful I was to hear that!

Bottom line: I would 100% recommend Tricia. If you are thinking of booking her DO IT! Not only will you look absolutely beautiful on your wedding day, you will feel listened to and taken care of throughout the whole process!

Sent on 02/23/2019

Robert · Married on 09/22/2018

SO easy to work with and does AMAZING hair and make-up. Made my bride so happy and made all the women, girls and bridesmaids in the wedding party look like models. Couldn't have asked for a better team to work with us! Thanks a million!!! Robert and Josie E

Sent on 09/25/2018

Becca · Married on 08/18/2018

Tricia was amazing from the very first email exchange to the last touch up on the wedding day! She is incredibly organized and responsive. Her makeup and hair styling skills are amazing and create a very natural look. Additionally, Tricia has a very fun, warm, and relaxing personality that puts everyone at ease! I very highly recommend booking Tricia!

Sent on 08/23/2018

Erin G. · Married on 08/17/2018

The easiest decision!

I first met Tricia in January 2017 when she did my makeup as a bridesmaid for my brother and sister-in-law’s wedding. I knew once my wedding day came, I would want Tricia to be the one doing my makeup so as soon as we set our date for August 2018, I reached out to her to lock her in. She emailed me back almost immediately and shared my excitement over the opportunity of us working together!

From the beginning, Tricia was so easy to work with- always willing to talk out details, jump on the phone to help me make decisions, or just to catch-up on wedding planning udates. She was my go-to when finalizing the schedule for the morning of my wedding day, troubleshooting needs for a large bridal party (7 bridesmaids), providing skin prep recommendations leading up to the wedding, and deciding on the perfect bridal lip color.

For the big day, Tricia brought a second artist and they were a perfect team. My mom, mother-in-law, and bridesmaids were smiling the whole morning, they loved their looks, and raved about how sweet they both were. On top of it all- they were ahead of schedule! When it came to my makeup, I felt beautiful all day, received so many compliments, and needed zero touch-ups throughout the day. Tricia is truly a magician.

I feel so lucky to know Tricia and to have had the opportunity to work with her from the bride-side of things. She was such a crucial part of making my wedding morning so perfect and I am forever grateful. Thank you Tricia!

Sent on 01/01/2019

Tricia Clarke Makeup's reply:

Erin, what a beautiful start to the year 2019! Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and thoughtful review! I loved every minute of working with you and was thrilled to be asked to be a part of your day. You are beautiful inside and out! Please add pics when you get them because your bridal look was stunning! Thank you again!

Stephanie · Married on 08/04/2018

This is a copy of the email I wrote to Tricia a few days after our wedding:
    "Thank you for being so amazing this past weekend!! The make up you did for me was absolutely flawless the entire night. Even in 90 degree heat with high humidity, I looked just as good at midnight as I did walking down the aisle. I am soooo happy with how it turned out! You also had great advice for wedding day and I can’t thank you enough for sharing it all. My bridesmaids raved about you as well. Everyone looked gorgeous and I can’t wait to see pictures!! My mom asked me yesterday which products you use because she felt like it took away wrinkles and made her face glow the entire night. All in all, I am sooo happy that I chose you for our makeup!!! I will be recommending you to anyone in the Chicago and Lake Geneva areas who has an upcoming wedding! Thank you for everything!!"

Sent on 09/03/2018

Tricia Clarke Makeup's reply:

Stephanie thank you so much! I had so much fun with you and your family and friends, and I'm so glad everyone liked their makeup!

Laura · Married on 07/28/2018

I am so happy I found Tricia and she was available for my 7/28 wedding at the University Club of Chicago! She responded right away to my request, we connected over the phone an hour later, and after that conversation, I knew that she was the one! We were able to book the trial that weekend, and I loved the makeup and the hair! She really listened to me, even cured my "Preview Traumatic Stress Disorder" (haha) that I got after trying another team of stylists (highly rated on the knot.com btw). After that first experience, I thought I'd just do everything myself, and I submerged myself into the world of youtube videos and Sephora samples in order to find the right products and learn the right techniques. I'm so happy that I came across Tricia's website via a Google Image search! I was searching for a natural looking foundation for brides and clicked on a picture that looked exactly like what I was looking for. I knew it was meant to be when I read that the artist who worked on this beauty was working in Chicago! She also recommended a great skincare line that her friend (also a make up artist) created, and OMG that's another bomb right there! I love that line! (I don't think I'm allowed to mention it here because the website might think it's advertising, haha) I love Tricia's approach to bringing out the inner beauty of her clients, vs. slapping all the latest trendy products for an Instagram-like "still life" finish that only looks good at one angle in a certain light etc.
    Tricia, you are amazing! I can NOT picture NOT having you by my side on my wedding day! Thanks for everything!! I'm waiting for pictures now, I will update this review with a photo as soon as I can!

Sent on 08/16/2018

Jessica · Married on 07/06/2018

I cannot begin to explain how amazing my experience with Tricia was! She was very responsive, easy to communicate with and a joy to get to know! My sister and I started stalking her Instagram account (triciaclarkemakeup - if you’re not following her, DO IT!) months in advance of booking with her. Between her posts, stories and advice, I was sold! By the time my trial came around, I felt like I knew her like an old friend. Her personality alone had me, and when I had my trial, I was absolutely sure that hair and makeup was one thing I didn’t need to worry about at all! I had absolute faith that the team she was bringing with her would be as wonderful as her and I was right. My bridal party absolutely loved everything about their hair and makeup. I’ve never felt more beautiful than on my wedding day, and I credit most of that to Tricia for the amazing job she did on my hair and makeup. If you’re thinking of booking with her, ABSOLUTELY YES!

Sent on 08/14/2018

Rebecca · Married on 06/23/2018

Tricia was absolutely amazing to work with! As the Bride, I had many moments where I freaked out and didn't know exactly how I wanted my hair or makeup but Tricia was calm, cool, and collected the whole time. She totally nailed it the day of the wedding and any Bride should know that they can fully trust Tricia to make them feel absolutely GORGEOUS on their wedding day. I loved that I felt like myself, but an elevated version on myself. We even did a second hair change for the reception and I got so many compliments. I love Tricia and would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Eileen · Married on 03/31/2018

My husband and I got married March 31, 2018 at Ovation in Chicago, and Tricia was such a big part of our day!

First of all, Tricia is extremely sweet, kind, friendly, attentive, professional, and just a pleasure to be around. My experience from talking to her day 1 all the way through the wedding day was absolutely perfect! A colleague of mine recommended Tricia, so we first spoke on the phone and I immediately knew she would be amazing to work with for my wedding. It was obvious that she's super knowledgeable about the industry, and she also understood the look I wanted immediately, which was really important!

The day we did my hair/makeup trial was really fun! Tricia came to my apartment, my mom and sister joined us, and we all spent the afternoon getting to know each other. It was such a great intro to get to hang with Tricia that day!

In terms of the wedding day, I absolutely loved my hair and makeup and I wouldn't have changed anything! I really wanted to look like myself, and my look, especially my makeup to be natural with a touch of elegance, and Tricia knew exactly what that meant. I felt gorgeous, my husband was over the moon happy, and friends/family loved my look too.

Tricia also put together an amazing team to make sure my mom and bridesmaids were well taken care of and felt just as beautiful and special as I did. Everyone loved their looks and couldn't stop talking about what a relaxing and fun experience our afternoon of getting ready was!

Also, in addition to being amazing at hair/makeup, Tricia is really knowledgeable about the wedding industry, and she gave us a great recommendation for a day-of wedding coordinator - Nicole Fauls of Urban Allure Events. It was another great decision we made during the wedding planning process!

Bottom line: I would highly recommend Tricia to everyone planning their wedding right now. She is incredible and you'll love working with her!

Sent on 05/24/2018

Cassandra · Married on 01/20/2018

Great experience, Tricia spent extra time with me on my trial. All of my bridesmaids loved her, and she so efficient!

Sent on 03/22/2018

With so many talented hair & makeup pros in Chicago with great reviews, I didn't know how I was ever going to make a decision about my wedding vendor. There were so many options! I initially saw examples of Tricia's work on Instagram and thought her style was in line what I was looking for—a natural look that wasn't too made up. There were a couple of other vendors I reached out to as well because I liked their style, but from my first email correspondence with Tricia I knew she was the one. She was so easy to work with and adjusted my day-of look based off of my feedback from the trial so that my hair & makeup turned out exactly the way I wanted on my wedding day. She did a great job incorporating my hairpiece into my hair. My bridesmaids raved about Tricia and her team as well. I would highly recommend Tricia to other brides wanting a natural look on their wedding day. She does a great job!

Sent on 03/21/2018

Claire · Married on 11/11/2017

Tricia and Angelica were the make up artists for a wedding I was a bridesmaid in on 11/11/17 in Chicago. They could not have been nicer or more thorough. We were all so happy with our makeup and even followed up to get the type of lashes they used. They really listened to what each of us wanted and we all felt so pretty! Thank you!

Sent on 11/13/2017