Tree of Life Films & Photography Reviews

Tree of Life Films & Photography 1
Tree of Life Films & Photography 2

Kirsty · Married on 09/30/2018

husband & wife team

My husband & I cannot say enough positive things about Jennifer & Tom! They are an absolute pleasure to work with and made us feel a sense of calmness during our wedding day! They are so fun to work with and felt as if they were friends of ours when they were documenting our special day! When we received our preview photos, we were truly blown away! They are professionals & excellent at their craft! My husband Serge & I cannot wait to see the rest of the photos and film!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Clifton · Married on 08/11/2018

There are not enough good things my wife and I can say about Tom and Jennifer and Tree of Life. While they did amazing work taking both our engagement photos and doing the photography and videography for our wedding, that really only scratches the surface of our experience. In so many ways, they did not just provide a service for us, but were rather a real part of our journey. We all got to know each other in a way that made the actual photography a seamless, comfortable experience, and we consider them our friends and thought of them as guests of our wedding as much as any one that received an invitation in the mail. Initially I was skeptical of doing professional photography at all, let alone something like an engagement photo shoot, but working with them that first time and seeing what they can do to make you really come alive as yourself in pictures, I was convinced and could not for a minute imagine not having them with us the whole way through the wedding. Tom and Jennifer are just good people. We loved just joking around or having a drink with them as much as we liked their work. We were sad when it was all over, and I can only hope we can concoct a reason to do another photo shoot down the road.

Sent on 08/14/2018

Emma · Married on 10/28/2017

Jen and Tom are an awesome photography and videography couple to work with. They did our engagement photos, wedding photos AND videography. We don't need to see our full wedding album or video to know they do AWESOME work. We love our engagement photos and were able to use them in our save the dates! They met us for drinks before the first shoot, and we already felt like friends. They made standing in front of their cameras for 2 hours really fun and easy, just like a double date where we happen to be taking pictures! They had no problem rescheduling when our initial location fell through too.
    As for our wedding day, they went ABOVE AND BEYOND! They came to our hotel early to pick up my wedding dress (that's right, I trusted them with my dress, shoes and accessories!) so they could shoot our details on location early. They stayed on schedule while shooting bridal party portraits, but I know they got a lot of creative shots in as well! We did a "first look" orchestrated by them, but they did it in a spot our bridal party could watch from afar, which made it special.
    I couldn't even see them during the ceremony (or maybe I had my blinders on) but I've already seen some pics of our first kiss as husband and wife and some great shots of our guests celebrating!
    After the ceremony we got to be alone with them to shoot some other great stuff for our video during "golden hour." And they stayed right in the thick of the action during dancing time, even when our surprise guest Hooter the Owl (Temple's mascot) showed up, they just rolled with it! I hope they had even a fraction of the fun I had that day! Jen and Tom even stayed later than I had asked, because they knew I missed one of my requested shots of the grand staircase at my venue - we snuck it in at the end! I can't thank them enough for their creativity, willingness to be in the middle of the action, commitment and just how much fun they were, even when my dad kept asking for "one more family picture!"

Tree of Life Films & Photography 3
    Sent on 12/06/2017

Jackie · Married on 06/17/2017

I cannot recommend Tom and Jennifer enough!! Not only are they incredibly talented, but they are so nice and easy to be around which made for such a fun, relaxing day. We booked them for our engagement shoot as well as wedding photos and video. I highly recommend having a session with them before the actual wedding day. I was surprised how stiff and awkward I was at the beginning of the engagement shoot and would have been so overwhelmed trying to get those jitters out on the wedding day. Plus, we felt like they were already our friends! We have gotten endless compliments on our photos and the video is so unique and beautiful! If you're on the fence like we were about a wedding video...DO IT! The day goes by so quickly we had already forgotten so many details, it's so fun to be able to relive it. I'm so excited for any couple that is lucky enough to work with them! We have already discussed that we will have to book them for a family shoot once our baby arrives because we just aren't ready to accept that we won't get to work with them again!

Tree of Life Films & Photography 4
    Sent on 01/02/2018

Risa · Married on 05/20/2017

My husband and I cannot possibly say enough good things about Tom and Jennifer at Tree of Life. We worked with them for our engagement photos, wedding photos, and wedding video. After seeing their work on other weddings, we were blown away and Tree of Life was the very first vendor we booked for our wedding. Photo and video was a priority for us, and Tree of Life produced the absolute BEST we could have imagined. Tom and Jennifer were incredible to work with. We enjoyed being around them, and they made the whole experience fun, natural, and comfortable. Tom and Jennifer took the time to get to know us so that they could produce the video and photos that were perfectly suited for us and our wedding, and we loved getting to know them. Our engagement photos came out amazing, our wedding photos are even more amazing, and our wedding video is literally the best thing we've ever seen. The quality of their work is seriously unmatched. Everything was delivered on the timeline expected, and Tom and Jennifer were great at communicating with us the throughout the process. We entirely trusted Tree of Life to do their thing, and I advise everyone to do the same - take their direction and trust them creatively. They are the absolute BEST. We will treasure the photos and video they created for us forever.

Sent on 12/27/2017

Jennifer · Married on 09/30/2016

I cannot say enough great things about Tom and Jennifer from Tree of Life Films. They were the first vendor we booked and we booked them before we had officially signed our contract for our venue because I didn't want to lose them. Their pictures and films are artistic and beautiful! They are both so talented and really have an eye for capturing the beauty in a moment. I balled watching all of their films that they made for other couples on their wedding day as I'm sure I will when I see ours. We had our engagement session done through them and our pictures were absolutely gorgeous. They are also both so friendly and easy to get along with. They work extremely well together as a husband and wife team and really make you feel comfortable. They guided us with our timeline for the schedule of picture-taking. On our wedding day, it was a complete downpour in the morning and they both had a positive attitude about it and really made us get excited about winging it outside anyway! We were fortunate that the rain stopped and they were ready to roll and walk around the property and get some amazing shots, even with the mud. We had a mist rain during our outside ceremony and it was no problem at all for these two. We only saw the highlight pictures and I am so in love already! Tree of Life Films is the best, but don't take my word for it, check our their films on Vimeo and their website. Very highly recommend!! I wouldn't have hired anyone else!

Sent on 10/31/2016

S · Married on 08/14/2016

Jennifer and Tom are so wonderful to work with and make you feel comfortable the whole time. Their photos are more artistic than your typical wedding photography and their passion for their work really comes through in the shots. We couldn't have been happier with ours!

Sent on 02/16/2017

Tara · Married on 06/20/2015

Tom and Jennifer are an absolutely delightful pair of creative geniuses. We hired them as the videographers for our June 2015 wedding and it was one of the best decisions we ever made (second only to our decision to marry each other). I'd done my research and watched dozens of wedding videos from different NYC-area vendors, and Tree of Life's films stood apart for their beautiful style and unique creativity.

From the first email I sent inquiring about their availability through the day they sent us our video, they were incredibly responsive, transparent and positive. On our wedding day, they showed up on time and with such a wonderful energy for the very long day ahead (an energy that continued until the moment they left).

The highlight video they put together was better than we could have even hoped for. Not only did they capture so many incredible moments (many of which I'd never even noticed on the day) but their thoughtful editing and song selection also recreated the magical and happy feel of the day itself.

Couldn't recommend more highly!

Sent on 01/04/2016

I got married on the absolute coldest day of the year and Tom and Jennifer were amazing! They did everything to encourage my husband and I to brave the elements to get the shots we needed. They were so professional and very personable and friendly! They made my husband and I feel really can nor table! We can't wait to see our final video, but we have no doubt that we will love it!

Sent on 02/18/2015

Joann · Married on 09/13/2014

Tom and Jennifer are two of the sweetest, most genuine people you will meet. From the moment we got in touch with them up to the day they sent us our film, they were easy to work with, patient, attentive, and unbelievably creative. We watched countless videos and spent a lot of time researching videographers but nothing compared to Tree of Life’s unique films and attention to detail- down to their hand-picked songs that are always so on point. We found ourselves drawn to the couples and their stories, as if we just got a sneak peek of who they were and how they chose to celebrate their day. The fact that they could get us excited about strangers’ weddings in under 4 minutes was more than enough for us to stop the search. On the day of our wedding, T&J worked seamlessly with our photographers and vendors. They were inconspicuous yet somehow managed to catch so many moments we didn’t even know existed! The amazing talent these two have is so apparent in all of their films, and we felt so lucky that they were still available for our wedding! We honestly can't thank them enough for creating a beautiful film that fully captured the intimacy of our ceremony, energy of our reception, excitement of our guests and love of our relationship. They exceeded our expectations beyond belief and while we were always confident videography would be a worthwhile investment for our wedding, they made it a fact. Film and photos are different mediums that evoke a different range of emotions. I love our photos just as much as I love our film, but to watch our ceremony (and see my husband tearing up as I walk down the aisle!), watch our first dance from an outsider’s point of view, relive all the emotions - the butterflies and rush that come with seeing those moments again cannot be replicated by photos. It truly is worth it. My husband and I could not be happier about our decision to reel in other wedding costs to invest in Tree of Life’s artistic time capsule that will be with us forever.

Sent on 02/04/2015

Veronica · Married on 07/31/2014

All I can say is wow. Tom and Jennifer were an absolute dream to work with for our wedding day. They are both very kind people and you can tell they really enjoy their work. As soon as I stumbled upon some of their films online, I knew I had to contact them about documenting our wedding day. I was so thankful they had availability on our wedding day and were willing to work with us. They were very quick to respond to each and every e-mail I sent them throughout the entire process. They took time to get to know us and what we wanted our wedding day to look like. Each of their films tells a story that is unique to the couple they worked with. When we got our highlight film back, it was better than I could have imagined. I'm a huge fan of one of the artists they often use for the music in their films (so much so that I walked down the aisle to one of his songs), and Tom and Jennifer wound up incorporating one of his pieces into the highlight film. It was so meaningful. I have had complete strangers or people that I barely know that have seen the video somewhere on social media go out of their way to tell me that it was hands down, the best wedding video that they have ever seen. Some have even told me it made them tear up or cry. To be able to have a video bring that kind of emotion out of people that barely know the couple in it takes some type of crazy talent, and Tom and Jennifer have exactly that.

Their work is beautiful, and stunning and there are no words to explain how gifted they are. They are not your standard "wedding videographers," and never will be. They truly have a gift and no one compares to them.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

-Roni & Graham

Sent on 12/19/2015

Alicia · Married on 05/31/2014

Tom & Jennifer are absolutely amazing. I did a lot of research before hiring Tree of Life Films, watched wedding video after wedding video and nothing even compared to their films. It was such an easy decision. Their work is beautiful, real, and professional. And they are so freakin cool to work with. They are super laid back and so easy to talk to. They never made us do anything awkward or forced....everything was very natural. And then the end product...words can not describe how perfect our film came out. My eyes fill with tears every time I watch it. Friends & Family, even people I barely know, have cried watching our video. It was as if I was reliving the day...they captured our Wedding Day in the most perfect way possible. They exceeded my expectations and my husband and I could not be happier with Tree of Life Films. Thank you so much Tom and Jennifer! You guys are video geniuses!

Sent on 01/28/2015

Susan · Married on 04/06/2014

LOVE LOVE LOVE TOM & JENNIFER!

They are the superheroes that come in and literally stop time. I only say that because, like all brides say, my wedding day was a blur. Tom & Jennifer are able to capture every smile, tear, laugh, and breath you take on your special day. I was obsessed with highlight film and so glad that they know my and my now husband's personality. They were able to make it upbeat, fun, quirky and relatable to the both of us.

They are sincerely a pleasure to work with. They are responsive, timely, and they want to know you. I love this able working with Tree of Life as they could be like other vendors that cut/paste your video into a cookie cutter movie but instead, they take the time to go through, and make a mini movie of one of the most special moments of your life.

Highly recommend Tree of Life, and if I could do it all again, I'd work with them again. No regrets or hesitation.

Sent on 01/20/2015

Marissa · Married on 09/15/2012

Tom and Jennifer are a wonderful filmmakers- they go beyond standard wedding video tropes to a truly artistic and professional film level. Like any bride, my wedding day was a blur- I am so glad we have a touching personal film to document that day that took forever to plan and finished in a flash. We were not sure if we had the budget for video at our wedding, but then we saw Tree of Life films and just made the numbers work and so glad we did.
    We met with Tom & Jennifer in our neighborhood and got to know them as a couple first than as wedding vendors. We loved their friendly approach to get a feel for our personalities and story which truly added a personal touch. Both were always responsive and accommodating to questions, concerns and schedules. Highly professional and highly recommended.

Sent on 06/08/2013

Maria · Married on 06/23/2012

My husband and I did not decide to hire a videographer until about two months before our wedding. Lucky for us, our photographer referred us to Tree of Life, and even luckier for us, Tree of Life was available for our wedding date! Tom and Jennifer are an amazing husband and wife team. They were the first videographers we met with and after chatting with them, we cancelled all of our other videographer appointments. We knew from the start, not only from their online portfolio, but just from their easy-going and fun personalities that we wanted Tom and Jennifer to create our wedding video. Leading up to the wedding, Tom and Jennifer answered every question and returned every call in a timely manner. On the day of our wedding day, they were on time and captured every important moment of the day. I can't count the amount of times we have watched our highlight film and documentary edit film. There are so many amazing details and moments of the day, and it's hard to remember it all on your own. We can't thank Tom and Jennifer enough for their amazing talent in creating us a way to relive our wedding day for the years to come. If you are like my husband and I, and aren't sure if you want to hire a videographer, I can safely say that hiring Tree of Life was the best investment we made for our wedding. The product you receive is priceless. We very highly recommend Tree of Life Films! They are one of a kind :)

Sent on 02/03/2013

We just received our wedding highlight video and it was absolutely extraordinary. Beyond anything we could have ever hoped for! The music they selected was wonderful, the aesthetic of the film vintage, but also modern, and we just could not be happier with the final product.

Tom and Jennifer were such a pleasure to work with-They made you feel like lifelong friends and you just knew that they would do everything perfectly. Throughout the entire process they were so friendly, answered all of our questions, and were so collaborative throughout the whole process. On the wedding day they rolled with everything, and were able to capture all of the details of the day, and helped us feel comfortable in front of the camera. Most surprisingly, they are so unobtrusive, you are left almost shocked they were able to capture everything so well!

We wish them nothing but the best and would recommend them highly to everyone.

Sent on 02/03/2015

My husband and I did not decide until a month before our wedding that we were going to have a videographer. I had been researching vendors online and it wasn't until I saw Tom and Jennifer's work that I was so moved that I knew I had to have them film our wedding!! It was the BEST decision I ever made! Tom & Jennifer are probably the best and most talented videographers in the area and their short films are so creative and artistic you feel like you are the star of your own movie. They have this amazing ability and are able to capture the essence of a couple like they have been best friends with them for years. I am still in awe after I watch each of their films at the emotion they are able to capture. I highly reccommend their services to anyone and if you are on the fence about whether you think you need a videogrpahyer, the answer is YES! Tree of Life Films rocks!

Sent on 09/13/2012

Lauren · Married on 02/18/2012

Tom & Jennifer of Tree of Life Films were an absolute pleasure to have around on our big day. They were very accommodating and professional, and their work is outstanding. Our highlight film was gorgeous and the final DVD is something we'll watch over and over again. They truly take wedding videography to another level. I would recommend them in a heartbeat!

Sent on 06/30/2012

Samantha · Married on 10/09/2011

Tom and Jennifer were amazing to work with-- had absolutely no difficulty working with them. They are nice, flexible, accommodating and did their job on wedding day seamlessly. We got so much more than we paid for.

Sent on 02/11/2012

Tim · Married on 09/27/2011

"TREE OF LIFE FILMS", I can offer no higher recommendation. Words cannot due justice to express how honored Yanna and I were to have Tom and Jenn at our wedding to capture our special day.

Tom and Jen traveled with us to our Destination Wedding in North Carolina and instantly knew what they wanted to do with our Wedding. Tom and Jen are 2 of the most professional and creative people that I have ever met. They have the uncanny ability to visual shots, angles and light exposure to capture the most precious moments from our wedding. Not only did Tom and Jen do such a great job with our Videography and Wedding Pictures, but they also did an amazing job with our Engagement pictures at a Historic Location in Pennsylvania. When you ask "Tree of Life Films" to do your wedding, not only will you get the most unbelievable wedding memories, you will also get two people, Tom and Jen, who truly care about you, your needs and your special day.

Thank you again, Tom and Jen, for spending a week with us in North Carolina and keeping our memories alive inTree of Life Films.

Sent on 02/11/2012

Jessica · Married on 09/09/2011

If you're looking for a young, hip husband and wife videography team, look no further than Tom and Jennifer Mattera of Tree of Life films! They were an absolute pleasure to work with and we couldn't have been happier with the work they did on the day of our wedding and in the editing room for our final product.

They were extremely easy to work with leading up to the big day, on our day and the weeks after. The day of the wedding they were able to get all the shots in an unobtrusive out of the way style, most of the time we barely even knew they were there, which is exactly what we wanted.

Our video turned out great and the finished product was done and delivered to us in less than 8 weeks, the online link to our video on vimeo.com was up even sooner. Take a look and enjoy: http://vimeo.com/31217533

Can't say enough about the work they did for us and would recommend them to anyone, because you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 01/02/2012

Tom and Grace · Married on 05/21/2011

As someone who hires directors for a living, I can say with confidence that Tom and Jennifer know what their doing. We wanted someone who could capture both the intimacy and the grandeur of our day through a cinematic story, and Tom and his wife delivered in spades. We can't tell you how many people saw just our highlight film and wrote back to us along the lines of "Holy @#$%, that was the most amazing wedding video I've ever seen." If you want someone to just hold a camera and videotape your wedding, go with someone else. If you want your own personal movie you'll want to watch over and over for the rest of your life, go with these guys. Oh yeah, and they're super great to work with and reasonably priced, so that helps too.

Sent on 09/11/2011

Courtney · Married on 08/06/2016

We were blown away by our wedding videos from Tom and Jennifer of Tree of Life Films. We planned our wedding from across the country, so we weren't able to meet with them in person, but they were so helpful throughout the planning process and a calming presence on our wedding day. We love our highlight film and couldn't wait to receive the full documentary edit. We laughed and cried watching our documentary films of the ceremony and reception, and the dance scene they edited was fantastic. The way they captured sound, light, and all of the little moments that make up a wedding day continues to amaze me. Having the videos from our wedding day is an absolute gift. Thank you!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Rachel · Married on 06/11/2016

Jennifer and Tom are an amazing husband/wife photography duo. Beautiful photos, even better videos. They are willing to travel and well worth the money.

Sent on 12/12/2016