Traks DJ service Reviews

37 | Spokane, WA

37 Reviews for Traks DJ service

David · Married on 08/17/2013

Our experience with Traks DJ Service (and Thomas Shaw, owner and operator) at our wedding reception was an absolutely fantastic experience. Thomas is a true professional and master of his craft. We were pleased that Thomas was willing to meet with us multiple times prior to our wedding (once early in the planning process to provide a rough overview and once the week prior to the wedding in order to finalize the event plan). Traks DJ Service was with us every step of the way. Thomas was so flexible, he even let us submit my wife's father-daughter dance song a mere two days prior to the reception.

We received countless compliments from our guests on our use of Traks DJ Service. Everyone was impressed with every facet of the DJ Service (i.e., the music played, the coordination of the event, MC services, and the dance floor energy created). Thomas promised us he would have the dance floor full from the opening of the dance floor to the closing of the dance floor, and he certainly delivered! We have only the best to say about Traks DJ Service and would recommend Thomas Shaw and Traks DJ Service to our friends or anyone else planning an event requiring the services of a DJ.

Sent on 08/25/2013

Garth · Married on 08/16/2013

Thomas is a great guy with enough experience in the DJ business to offer critical insight to how to maintain a fun, vibrant atmosphere. His service was vital to capping off our beautiful day. So many of our guests commented on how he rocked the reception. He kept it fun and exciting. One of my favorite quotes Thomas said during our initial visit was "I can keep people on the dance floor without the 'Chicken Dance'". I hate the Chicken Dance, so naturally that caught my attention. He can gauge the mood of the event and adjust his music selection accordingly. He fades songs out slowly while playing the new song making a smooth transition without the awkward silence between songs. I was a little worried that the dance floor would be neglected as our family/friends are really not the dancing type, however he had it hopping at all times...not even using the 'Chicken Dance' to goad people to the floor.

Thomas meets with you several times prior to the event to go over the entertainment strategy. At one meeting, we were supposed to end at 6:30, however it went to almost 7pm. He had booked another meeting around 6:30 with another client without our knowing. We never felt pressured to end the meeting on time and he didn't tell us he had another client in the coffee shop. We didn't know about this other client until we were leaving and he got up to meet his next client.

Bottom line is Thomas is TOP NOTCH. My wife and I agree that Thomas' ability to electrify the event as a DJ and keep the vibe going as an MC are unparalleled. Thomas, your services are unbelievable and you should probably raise your rate!!

Thank you Thomas for making our wedding so memorable. You have no idea how many people told us that this was the best wedding they have attended, and you certainly assisted in that assessment. Your a great guy and I would be happy be a reference for you.

Sent on 08/27/2013

Britany · Married on 08/02/2013

Thomas, of Traks DJ Service, was an absolute dream to work with! He was both flexible and responsive during the planning process. When my schedule was completely chaotic he managed to work with me, He set my anxious "bride brain" at ease and provided me so much comic relief in moments of stress. He completely customized the music experience at my wedding. Every song was perfectly catered to my husband and I and seamlessly blended together. Many guests at our wedding made comments about the originality of our music at our ceremony, but EVERYONE made comments about the party that ensued at the reception! Thomas reads the crowd perfectly, he gets the dance floor packed and the energy never dropped. He made the garter toss and bouquet toss a really fun comedy event. Thomas is SO fun, has an acute understanding of unique yet fitting wedding songs, and is SO far from the overly enthusiastic and obnoxious DJ every bride is terrified of. All my other vendors were very excited to hear Traks was my DJ because he is such a joy to work with and honestly the best at creating a true celebration/dance party at a wedding. I couldn't be happier with Traks and am so grateful he was there to create the perfect atmosphere at our wedding.

Sent on 08/19/2013

Thomas was amazing! He kept everyone out on the dance floor all night:) He was great about responding to e-mails and making appointments when necessary. I would definitely recommend Traks DJ to anyone looking to have a great time at their reception!

Sent on 09/20/2012

Dahdia · Married on 05/27/2012

You cannot go wrong with Traks DJ service. I didn't feel like just another client. He gave us extremely professional, detailed, and PERSONAL service. I was so nervous about hiring a DJ. Your worst nightmare is ending up with some corny guy that plays the worst music and has cheap equipment that doesn't work. Traks is NONE of that. He has great equipment (which he sets up very nicely) so there were no "technical difficulties," he is never corny or over the top, and he makes sure to play the music YOU WANT to hear. His playlist is extensive and if he doesn't have a song, let him know and he will try to get it for you. He was great at answering our emails/phone calls whenever we had a question and walked us through the whole process step by step. When the dance floor was quiet, he did an awesome job making sure people got back out there by incorporating FUN activities that included everyone, even the kids. Traks really goes the extra mile to make sure you get EXACTLY what you want. He's never pushy, very friendly, and the ONLY DJ service in the area that I will ever use/recommend.

Sent on 10/01/2012

Nichole · Married on 10/22/2011

Thomas from Traks DJ Service was amazing at our ceremony and reception and he was so easy to work with. We saw Thomas at work at one of our friend's receptions and asked for his contact info right away.

We had to have two totally separate sound systems set up simultaneously since our ceremony and reception were in separate rooms only a few steps from each other, and Traks DJ Service fit our needs perfectly. We did not have a large budget, but you get so much bang for your buck with Thomas! We had our ceremony music picked out, but Thomas had some great suggestions, both traditional and modern, for anyone who’s undecided. I love that Thomas totally customizes his DJ style to your event as well.

We loved the music he played at our reception and all we did was suggest some genres. The dance floor was full all night. Our friends and family keep commenting on how fun our wedding was, and this is 11 months after the fact!

We even had people “visit” our reception from one of the neighboring parties at the hotel we were at because "your music is so much better." Luckily we knew the people!

At the last minute, we also had Traks DJ Service set up a photo slideshow projector and screen that everyone loved. It was a nice last-minute, affordable touch that personalized our reception even more.

Book them today – seriously!

Sent on 09/21/2012
  • Tonya

Tonya · Married on 07/02/2011

Thomas was so great!! He read the crowd so easily and made modifications on the fly, even when the groom got hurt. He kept the crowd dancing and was so much fun and upbeat. All of our guests thought that he was fantastic and we continue to hear how much fun everybody had at the reception. Not only that, but his prices were much more competitive than we thought. We managed to have great music, a fun DJ, and some speciality lighting for less than the competition. I will be recommending Traks DJ Service to everybody!!

Sent on 08/03/2011

Traks DJ service's reply:

Thanks Tonya and Justin, I had a blast at your wedding. I am now known as the DJ that blows knees out. LOL. Hope Justin's knee recovers soon, hope to see you again in the future.

Thomas

Kandi · Married on 08/22/2009

Thomas was a great DJ, and an awsome value! He played the music we wanted him to play, and did a great job keeping everyone on the dance floor all night! I would hire him again in a heart beat!

Sent on 06/02/2010

Thomas did an incredible job as our DJ - six weeks later we're still getting compliments from guests! They want to know if they can buy the soundtrack to our wedding. Thomas asked for less money and was more responsive to our specific wishes than any other DJ my husband interviewed. He kept in touch regularly prior to the wedding, made helpful suggestions, and accommodated our requests. He did a great job of keeping energy up and attracting guests to the dance floor, so that we didn't have to focus on throwing our reception party, we could trust him to move things along and just enjoy ourselves. We would HIGHLY recommend Thomas to anyone in need of a DJ in the Spokane area.

Sent on 08/04/2014

Ericka · Married on 07/23/2017

My coworker gave me the reference for Thomas and I'm so glad she did! He was very professional throughout the whole process. Accommodating with our schedule. And did a great job of keeping the party going with the appropriate music through the night! Thomas also is the MC throughout the night, so it kept everything moving & let our guests know what was on the agenda for the evening.

Sent on 09/02/2017

Debbie · Married on 06/03/2017

3.5

Planning an out of state wedding is hard, but Thomas helped make it easier! By helping with the event timeline to ensuring the music to be played was just what we wanted, our wedding was fabulous! When the owner of our wedding venue made us pick up and move everything to a different area, Thomas was willing and able to move his equipment. Then when it started raining, he played "rain" songs and kept everyone dancing in the rain!
    Higher end DJ...but you get what you pay for!

Sent on 06/21/2017

Heather · Married on 03/21/2010

We had the "planned" DJ bail out on us at the very last minute for a 4th of July party. We called Tracks DJ Service and Thomas was happy to help us out. He even travelled about 2 hours to get to us... all in VERY short notice. He made the day and night!!! We danced all night and he really took GREAT care of us!! So good that he will be DJ'ing at our wedding this coming August!!! I honestly don't think you could find someone more professional, kind, funny and who loves their job more!!

Sent on 06/05/2010