Traks DJ service Reviews

37 | Spokane, WA

37 Reviews for Traks DJ service

Jessica Wheeler · Married on 11/09/2019

Highest of Recommendations! So much Fun!

There really aren’t the right words to sum up how we are feeling after our wedding! We had the absolute best time and can’t thank Thomas at Traks DJ enough – we have gotten several comments about how much fun the wedding was and how great our DJ was! I don’t think that my now husband and I ever left the dance floor once the dance party started! From the first phone conversation that we had with Thomas we had such a positive feeling and were at ease about the entire process and all the music and sound for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. We really appreciated all the suggestions that Thomas made for different options and music throughout the night, also that he was present for our rehearsal. I’ve been in several weddings and this was the first one where we could rehearse with the music and talk about the different sound concerns in the room and how the next day would run in its entirety. For every aspect of our day the music was wonderful from seating our guests, to the ceremony, upbeat cocktail hour music, and then of course the dance party. Thomas was prepared for toasts, had all our guests cheering for our grand entrance, and worked well with our wedding coordinator to keep the entire evening running smoothly. Additionally, he had all the music for our special dances and requests! Music is such a key component to a good party and we can’t recommend Thomas enough! Thank you again Thomas and Traks DJ for an unforgettable wedding and celebration! We wish we could rewind and do it all again!

Sent on 11/16/2019

John Bell · Married on 09/14/2019

The Man for the job

Thomas made it completely worry free about hiring someone who can keep the party going. His program that he has is top notch and is flexible for adding new/current songs. Trusting him to find and keep the people engaged and entertained is unsurpassed by anyone I've met. I would hire Thomas again because he's knowledgeable, professional, and curtious or your needs!

Sent on 10/24/2019

Jennifer · Married on 08/04/2018

Thomas of Traks DJ Service was the best DJ ever! He was super professional, timely with important communication, and was able to accommodate all our our musical requests, even our alma mater's fight song! He got people pumped and on the dance floor, which is what we wanted!!

Sent on 09/20/2018

Britney · Married on 07/07/2018

Thomas was AMAZING!!! He kept the wedding day running smooth was great about informing us of what was about to start and keeping to our timeline. I didn't have a day of coordinator and didn't need one with how organized Thomas was. You give him your wedding day timeline and finalize it in a meeting with him so you know everything will run smooth. He has a planning site for music that worked perfect for us. Its nice to start thinking about the songs in advance and adjusting because it surprisingly hard to pick songs. I would definitely recommend him for any wedding or event!

Sent on 07/18/2018

Britney,

Thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure work for you. Your friends and family were so much fun! Let’s do it again next year! ;-)

lindsey · Married on 09/30/2017

Thomas was an exceptional DJ for our Schweitzer Mountain Wedding. My husband and I placed a lot of value on the DJ as they really set the tone for the reception and the party. After scouring the Spokane/CDA area for DJ's I kept coming back to Traks as his website was transparent, professional, and fun. Music is so personal I really encourage brides to go with their gut but also do their homework. We loved that Thomas was forthright with what he provided, what we were responsible for, and how we would be working together. I have to admit it was a little more work than I expected coming up with music lists, timelines, etc but it was well worth it. I did not have a wedding planner so it was super important I hired trustworthy vendors to deliver on my big day. We had two FaceTime meetings with Thomas- one prior to hiring him and another a week prior to our wedding to wrap up loose ends and finalize timeline. We were confident in his abilities the entire process. He had great suggestions but also gave us our space to personalize the reception vibe and reflect our personalities. He arrived early which also made me relax on the big day. I highly recommend Thomas at Traks-- a true veteran that knows how to keep the party rocking'!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Traks DJ service's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. I am glad you had a great time at your wedding reception. It was an honor.

Thomas was so professional. He had some great suggestions and the music selection kept everyone dancing all night. Multiple people came up to mention how great he was. His interaction with the crowd and ability to get everyone excited was priceless. He definitely helped make our wedding into the perfect party!

Sent on 08/17/2017

Rachael · Married on 07/29/2017

Thomas is so much more than a DJ!! As a DIY bride, I had a lot of anxiety about the coordination piece of our wedding. I did not hire a wedding planner and was uneasy about the flow of the day, everyone following the timeline, and the guests having direction. Thomas immediately put us at ease, and throughout the entire planning process. We met several times, and he was always flexible/willing to meet us anywhere (including walk through's at our venue) at anytime. He is punctual, professional, organized, highly experienced, easy to get along with, and just awesome! My husband and I were the first couple in history to put our dance floor in a certain area at the Bozarth Mansion. Before our first walk through with Thomas, we had stressed that it couldn't be done, and that he would show concern. That was not the case. He was confident, knew exactly what to do, and made it sound like a piece of cake. He absolutely nailed our dance floor location idea and dancing hours of the night! I can't say enough about his online tracking/planning system! What a life saver!! So easy to use and plan EVERY single detail of your wedding day. Not to mention, the song to go with every detail of the day as well! He has a huge database of different music and even popular wedding song requests, in case you need ideas. He also makes sure you're able to pick what songs you don't want played, and the one's you must hear. Thomas kept the dance floor packed all night and really knows the science to throwing a good wedding/party. All of our guests have raved about "How fun the wedding was!!", and I'am confident that it is due entirely to Thomas. You can't go wrong with hiring this amazing DJ and Wedding Coordinator. He is worth every penny!!

Sent on 08/31/2017

Raymond · Married on 07/22/2017

We were both very happy with Thomas at traks dj. He was very helpfull in picking music with us an played great songs that kept people dancing an the party going. He met with us multiple times which took alot of stress off an made the whole thing alot easier. All the music was spot on during the ceremony an everything went smoothly. We both highly recommend him for anyone looking for a dj at there event.
    Thanks again Thomas

Sent on 08/31/2017
  • F

Farah · Married on 06/10/2017

If you are looking at Thomas' reviews to see if you'd want to hire him to DJ any event - just stop right now and hire him already before he's booked! Thomas is the man! He DJ'd our wedding and I wouldn't have had it any other way. From day one, he made sure everything was crystal clear with no confusion at all. His planning website is so easy to use. He gets your crowd excited and dancing. He makes sure you stick to your time schedule. I could go on and on! Not only is he a killer DJ, Thomas is an amazing person and I am glad I was able to meet and work with such an awesome guy.

Sent on 06/13/2017

Hailey · Married on 12/10/2016

BOOK WITH THOMAS! He did a fantastic job from the date of hire until the end of the reception. He did my wedding, and my sister's wedding (within three months of each other) and both were done perfectly. He understands the flow needed to keep things going during the entire day (music during photos, ceremony, announcements, toasts, first dances, cake cutting, etc. etc. etc.). He worked with my dad on his toast (as well as for my sister's wedding) and took the time to make it really special and unique. I've never heard of another DJ to go that much above and beyond. If you want someone who will just handle the things you don't think about until last minute, who already has you covered and takes the time to understand the "feeling" you're going for, hire Traks DJ Service! He suggested additional up-lighting (which we paid a little more for) but it was KILLER for the photos and the ambiance at the venue. Since we had a winter wedding, we didn't have a lot of daylight, so his suggestion was perfect. He also handled a monogrammed light for the dance floor that he completely handled with another vendor, and it looked awesome. Best. DJ. Ever.

Sent on 01/24/2017

Kendra · Married on 10/09/2016

Of all our wedding vendors, Thomas was by far our favorite and the most valuable. His services went above and beyond the typical DJ - he provided way more than just a "playlist" and dance party. He was a true partner from the get-go. He helped us create a timeline, had create song ideas for the non-traditional reception we were going for and even joined us at our venue walk through and had the most brilliant ideas for the layout! His communion and level of detail was exactly what I needed to feel like he had the whole thing under control.... he truly is a seasoned professional and we trusted him 100% to lead the way and he nailed it! Not to mention he's a ton of fun to be around - easy to work with, totally in sync with our style and taste, and just obviously enjoys his job. We had so much fun with him during the planning as well as day of... all of our guests raved about him! He truly nailed every part of the day - from the ceremony music, to the cocktail hour and dinner, to the entrances and the epic dance party that followed. He had a magical way of connecting with the crowd that just made the whole day perfect. My only wish... that I had more events for him to host!

Sent on 01/03/2017

Hilary · Married on 08/06/2016

Thomas was excellent. He communicated with the other vendors and made sure everything went smoothly. His online planning tool made picking songs and planning the order of events really easy. He listened to our tastes and kept the party going. You should hire him.

Sent on 09/21/2016

Catherine · Married on 07/02/2016

So glad I found Thomas and his service. Our photographer recommended him and I was very lucky. He had great advice and played exactly what was needed! Great value

Sent on 01/22/2017
  • User7206911 · 2+ years ago

Thomas was very professional and helped make my wedding reception a great success. I had multiple people complement me on the DJ and lighting. He took the time to hear what we needed and met those needs. A+

Sent on 09/15/2016

Carson · Married on 10/10/2015

Thomas was very professional in all that he did. He took care of his job and we didn't have to worry about it once. Working with him was a very pleasant experience. We highly recommend him.

Sent on 11/06/2015

DJ Thomas was so awesome! Not only did he help us every step of the way for almost one year of planning, he was the highlight of our wedding day. I would say my favorite part of his services was his responsiveness to calls and emails (always a VERY quick to respond), and the fact he kept our group of 210 people on their feet dancing the entire evening- no exaggeration! We even used his services/equipment for our rehearsal dinner the night before. Truly an amazing addition to our list of vendors. Thomas was professional, fun, kind and talented. Very grateful we had him as our DJ.

Sent on 11/09/2015

Brittany · Married on 10/11/2014

Thomas was our DJ for our wedding Oct. 2014. He was very easy to get in touch with during the planning process and always had great suggestions when we weren't sure what songs to pick. He kept everything flowing smoothly and his music selection was fun but very classy, none of the corny or dirty songs people like to request. He kept our guests partying the whole reception and everyone is still raving about the awesome playlist and how much fun they had, thank you Thomas!!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Traks DJ service's reply:

It was my pleasure to be a part of your big day! Thank you for the kind words.

Katie · Married on 10/11/2014

We hired Thomas to be are wedding DJ and we are so happy we did!! The DJ was one of the things that I was most concerned about getting wrong. I did not want someone who was cheesy and a radio personality. I wanted someone who would play great music, make important announcements, and keep people on the dance floor. Thomas did exactly that! Everyone had so much fun and Thomas kept people dancing literally all night. One of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/11/2015

Traks DJ service's reply:

I am so happy you enjoyed the biggest day of your life and danced the night away with your friends and family.

James · Married on 08/30/2014

This was service above and beyond the call of duty. Thomas didn't just do his job, he helped create a welcoming environment that was essential for our wedding. He helped move tables, he was awesome at communication, and he really did what a DJ should do, the folks dances, the toasts were made, and everyone was happy. You should hire this man, he did a great job.

Sent on 09/03/2014

Alex · Married on 08/30/2014

I can't say enough GOOD about Thomas. From the planning stages through the Wedding, he is professional all the way. We had several "pre-meetings" to discuss our personal wishes and so he could learn what WE wanted. The equipment he uses is first rate, his interactions with the crowd are wonderful. The music was perfect. We had so many guests come up after the wedding to mention how excellent they felt the DJ was in song choice and delivery that it made US feel good. There is not an aspect of his job that I feel needs even a small "wish he did this better" comment - he was 100% perfect, professional, entertaining and very, very helpful keeping the wedding running smoothly and timely. Could not recommend him higher: Truly.

Sent on 09/03/2014

Duncan · Married on 08/29/2014

Thomas was excellent! He kept the party going the entire night. He works with you and custom tailors your playlist and makes recommendations to help keep the tempo of the night up.

Sent on 09/16/2014

Rose · Married on 07/26/2014

Thomas is an excellent DJ and we absolutely recommend him! He is punctual, organized, accommodating and a rockstar at his trade. We went with the “Wedding Ceremony/Reception” Package which was well worth the money.

Punctual: For meetings he was on time and willing to travel from Spokane to our venue in CDA. He came twice to the venue prior to the event, once for a preview of the property and event setup discussion, and secondly for the rehearsal. The day of the wedding he was there early to ensure setup was done well ahead of guests arriving.

Organized: He has self-explanatory website he uses to capture all your details. He brings an extra laptop an event to ensure if one fails he has a backup and your event is not ruined! Additionally, in one of our final meetings with us we reviewed / listened to all the songs (first dance, father-daughter, mother-son) to ensure he had the version we wanted – we ended up adjusting a version, it was great knowing the songs were going to be exactly what we wanted. He brings music to the rehearsal to ensure he has the timing down – this definitely eases the mind on wedding day!
    Accommodating: We had an outdoor wedding, and we changed the layout of the event slightly (moved the DJ) the day before the event, Thomas had no problem with the change and brought his own tent to accommodate the change, he uses the tent to protect his equipment from the sun.

Rockstar @ The Trade: He is very detailed and conscientious of appearance. He dresses professionally for the event and his setup is professional and will fit your affair (speakers stands have white covers, not eyesores but elegantly dressed!). We provided him the schedule of the reception and he drove the event, checking in every so often to ensure we still wanted to move things along as planned. He provides good suggestions to help you with the process, but is also more than willing to conduct the event exactly as you would like!

Sent on 09/22/2014

Thomas made the wedding and reception a complete success! He is extremely easy to work with. He helped us with everything from the very beginning. He took all our random requests and made a wonderful event. Additionally, he was very flexible with the things we wanted to add. He contacted us via face-time (a month prior to the event) and asked us questions we hadn’t even thought about! We gave him a lot of blank stares and he was able to pull something almost magical out. We gave him free reigns on most of the music and our guests couldn’t have been happier. If I had any event where I wanted a DJ Thomas at Traks DJ service is where I would go. I can’t say enough good stuff about the service he provided!

Sent on 07/21/2014

Justin · Married on 06/20/2014

We hired Thomas for our wedding and could not have been happier. I initially hired him because of his extensive experience and reasonable price. He also won our business because he kept emphasizing that during our wedding, he would read crowd reactions to guide his music selections. Other DJs that I interviewed didn't hold the same conviction. They insisted that their set wedding playlist was always popular at every wedding, giving the impression of a, "one size fits all," business model. Thomas made sure to cater to our guest's tastes. During the planning phase Thomas was extremely flexible and helpful. He made sure to ask us what we wanted without any condescension or judgement. He occasionally gave helpful advice if we were undecided or without opinion, but always made sure to follow our lead. After the wedding, our guests were singing Thomas' praises, some even asking if he could make them cds. It's been a month since our wedding and we are still having guests mention how wonderful, amazing, and spectacular the DJ was.

TL;DR: Thomas is an amazing DJ who will work to fit his client's wishes, no matter how absurd or ridiculous they may be. Our guests are still enamored with his performance, a month after the wedding.

Sent on 07/22/2014

Carissa · Married on 10/19/2013

I give Thomas my highest recommendation. He was professional from start to finish. The online music and timeline website was easy to use and helped us navigate the music choices. The venue walk through eased my mind of the little details.

He helped keep the party going and on track. He was the perfect blend of enough involvement without ever entering into being corny or silly. His music choices kept the dance floor going....in fact my choices were the ones that cleared the floor so I would be flexible and enjoy the moment. Also, the sound system was good and looked nice and professional. The uplighting added a lot to the feel of the room.

Thomas went the extra mile to help us with some special details for the many children at our wedding and played music that was appropriate for all ages.

THANK YOU for making our night that much more enjoyable.

I would recommend him for type of event where a dj might be needed.

Sent on 10/21/2013