Trailing Twine Photography LLC Reviews

1 User photo

Trailing Twine Photography LLC 1

Kelly Sennott · Married on 08/31/2019

Ling is amazing!!!!

Ling was so kind and professional; I felt so comfortable and taken care of on my wedding day and during our engagement shoot. She has photographed for my sister's wedding, as well, and the photos were stunning. She is so enthusiastic, passionate (and organized!) which made my wedding day that much better.

Sent on 09/04/2019
  • Kat

Kat Stewart · Married on 05/04/2019

Beyond perfection and extremely helpful

Ling goes above and beyond! She was an absolute pleasure to work with! She heard and shared all my visions. She guided me when I was overwhelmed with the wedding process and put me in touch with some amazing vendors when I hit brick walls! Our photos so far are incredible. Our wedding was just this past Saturday,(only 2 days ago) and I can't wait to see the rest of the photos! She is fabulous with sneak peeks and quick too!!!!
    Trust me, she will not disappoint!!!! I would hire her again in a heart beat!
    THANK YOU LING FOR ALL YOU DO!!

Trailing Twine Photography LLC 2
    Sent on 05/06/2019

Ashley · Married on 11/05/2017

We luckily met Ling through a family member and from the start she was very quick to respond and overall super friendly! We knew right away we wanted to book her for our wedding!! For our mini engagement session she gave us numerous helpful tips that eased us for our big day. The photos came out beautiful and we are now more comfortable and excited for our wedding day photos!

Sent on 09/06/2017

Susan · Married on 10/07/2017

We stumbled onto Ling thanks to a Facebook ad/suggested post, sadly after we had already booked a photographer for our wedding because as soon as I saw Ling's work I knew she was exactly what I wanted and needed in a photographer. So instead of completely missing out, we booked Ling for our engagement photos. After filling out her survey, she had the PERFECT location. We met Ling and her husband on a Sunday afternoon (we wanted sunset photos) and what I thought was going to be awkward turned out to be a blast. My now husband and I had SO. MUCH. FUN. throughout our entire shoot. It felt natural and the photos that resulted from that session are STUNNING. I can't pick a favorite, I love them all and Ling made us look like models. Well worth the money and now we have photos we will cherish for ever. She has a talent for capturing your personalities and how you interact as a couple. Her photos capture the moment, they aren't a bunch of staged photos... which results in truly remarkable images that celebrate you and your partner (and your dog if you bring them along like we did).

Do yourself a favor and if Ling's style speaks to you, stop looking and contact her, and if she's got your date free BOOK HER. You won't regret it. I really wish she was there on our wedding day, but I'm so thankful we made room in our budget for a session with her.

Sent on 12/16/2017

Trailing Twine Photography LLC's reply:

Oh my gosh Susie! Thank you for your surprise review!! Also I got your holiday card yesterday and I love it! All your cats and dogs look so cute, one of your cats looked like my grandmas kitty from long ago :-) I hope we can get a chance to design a book or album together that would be neat!

Jennifer · Married on 09/01/2017

Ling was a perfect match from the beginning and we can not thank her enough for all the extra time and effort she put into to getting to know us as a couple and making sure that the memories we made we captured in all the photos. We were lucky enough to book Ling for an engagement, wedding day and after wedding shoot which makes the selection of photos extra difficult because they are all so special!

If you are looking for a Photojournalistic photographer, Ling is your girl! She has this amazing ability to capture pictures and moments that are true to the day and what is going on. Looking back on all our photos we are truly able to relive the day and everything that happened.

Ling went out of her way in every single aspect of the process and made it easier to know she had everything under control~

Make sure to check out all her pictures on the website!!!!

Sent on 07/12/2017

Lindsay · Married on 08/26/2017

Amazing!!! I found Trailing Twine Photography through wedding websites and I am so happy I did. Ling was so efficient at responding and setting up appointments to meet us for the first time. She was so genuinely nice and really tried to get to know us which made the experience really easy through the whole wedding experience. We did an engagement shoot with Ling and had such a blast. She made us feel so comfortable taking pictures and really likes the natural/candid shots which we loved. She takes the time to do a reveal with your engagement and wedding pictures which I think says a lot about Ling. You can tell with her excitement on the wedding day and when she gets a great shot or if the lighting is perfect. She loves what she is doing and I think that is so important in a photographer especially through the craziness of a wedding. Ling is a very calm person which makes you calm and allows you to enjoy your wedding. She was our only photographer at the wedding and she did an amazing job capturing what we wanted. She did not push us away from certain things and really wanted to please us. Our guests kept complimenting how kind and fun Ling was to be around. During the reception you wouldn't even know Ling was there she was never in our face but always there to get the shot. I cannot wait to see our pictures. She even added a blog post the next morning on Facebook as a sneak peak! So cool. We cannot thank her enough for all she has done for us and we will continue to use her through our life adventures.

Sent on 09/05/2017

Trailing Twine Photography LLC's reply:

Ahhhhhh Lindsay thank you for this surprise review! Totally blew me away. I can't wait to meet with you two newlyweds to pick out your favorite pics for your set of 4x6 prints! It might be hard to pick out of so many great moments, lol!

Brynne · Married on 04/22/2017

My husband and I having nothing but great things to say about Ling. Ling did our engagement and wedding photography. We absolutely enjoyed working with Ling and LOVE our photos. We first met Ling at a local coffee shop and knew right away she was the one for the job. Our engagement shoot was a blast and our personalized guest book is beautiful. Our ceremony was at a chapel, with very challenging lighting. She mastered the lighting for sure, all our pictures came out perfect! Ling gets to know you leading up to the wedding and personalizes your photography experience. She captured our dream photos on our wedding day and delivered them in an impressive amount of time. She worked well with our dog, who participated in both shoots. We are very excited to see our customized wooden book. You can't go wrong using Ling as a photographer on one of the most important days of your life. Thank you Ling for the memories!

Sent on 05/27/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/03/2016

We had Ling do both our engagement shoot (to get a sense of her style) and the wedding day as well. Everything turned out better than we could have hoped-- the pictures look phenomenal and captured the more "natural" look I was hoping for. Prior to booking Trailing Twine, I was worried that my wedding photographs would look stiff and posed, but Ling made sure everything felt natural and that our wedding's beautiful setting was highlighted. Couldn't have asked for a better wedding photography experience.

Sent on 11/21/2016

Trailing Twine Photography LLC's reply:

Sarah your wedding was a true delight! We had such a great time at Hill-Stead and I wish we could re-live the day!!!!! Your friends and family were also super fun to be around, we had such a great time. :D

Maya · Married on 06/11/2016

From the moment we met Ling over coffee we knew that she would be a great match. Ling is super flexible and accommodating, but also brings her expertise to each meeting to help guide the process. She was organized and very easy to get a hold of. It''s obviously that she loves what she does and from the engagement shoot to the day of, my husband and I felt comfortable in her presence. And, of course, the photos were gorgeous and captured our personalities perfectly!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Deanna · Married on 10/03/2015

We had our engagement pictures done with Ling, owner of Trailing Twine Photography. She was incredibly patient, providing guidance to us and ideas to use some of the props we brought along, including our 3 energetic dogs! Ling helped us choose a location that had fields our dogs could run in, yet an old barn and stone wall making a beautiful backdrop. The pictures were phenomenal and we could not be happier with the album she put together for us!

We met Ling for coffee to discuss our plans and what we were looking for in a photographer. She was reassuring and immediately made us feel comfortable & confident in her ability to meet our expectations, which has since been blown away.

If you're looking for a photographer that understands those important details and knows how to use the lighting, then no need to looks any further! Ling has a natural gift!!

Sent on 08/05/2015

Trailing Twine Photography LLC's reply:

Wow thanks so much for this surprise review! Love you Deanna! Thanks for your honesty and encouragement!

Elizabeth · Married on 09/26/2015

We had a BLAST working with Ling. She is creative, flexible, patient, kind and a phenomenal photographer to boot. When one of her photo 'packages' didn't work for us, she was able to create one to fit our needs, at an extremely reasonable price. Our friends and family are still commenting on the quality of the photos! Thanks again Ling.

Sent on 03/01/2016

Jaimie · Married on 08/30/2015

Ling was very professional and had the same vision as I had for my wedding. Her style is beautiful, she got every shot on my list! I had over 700 amazing pictures to choose from with a 5 hour contract. She designed my budget friendly wedding album and I couldn't be more happy with it. It's like a story! It has every step from getting ready, ceremony, portraits, and reception. Absolutely stunning all around. Her personality, promptness, flexibility, and talent make her a dream to work with.

Sent on 04/23/2016

Almost ready to give up on a photographer my friend recommended Ling. When I messaged her I had a response in a few minutes. We got together to do our engagement shoot and she had us laughing and as relaxed as we could be. She even met us at our own location and even ended up hiking a little to get a better shot. Can't wait to have her shoot our wedding as well! Plus she is very reasonable with her pricing. I will highly recommend Ling.

Sent on 02/12/2015

Amazing products and fantastic services. I highly recommend Trailing Twine Photography to everyone- this is a very professional and high quality service. Ling is very good at returning inquiries and questions. I am so glad we chose her for our wedding. She offers great prices and has a variety of creative products. Great services!

Sent on 08/19/2015

Mike · Married on 12/13/2014

Ling did a fantastic job photographing our wedding. She met with us ahead of time (at the wedding location) to work with us to plan out what we wanted. Her suggestions for outside locations and family photos were perfect. She provided a discount for an unplugged wedding (no guests to use cameras/cellphones) during the ceremony. Ling was easy going, professional, and did a top notch job. We have already recommended her photography services to others. Cannot say enough about what a great experience it was!

Sent on 02/16/2015

Sarah · event on: 10/13/2014

Ling is amazing to work with, not only as a photographer but as a person. Immediately upon meeting her, I knew she was the one...she was so friendly and made me feel so comfortable within minutes and answered all my crazy questions perfectly.
    She later photographed our engagement photos and did a spectacular job! She is so easy to communicate with (always responds right away) and takes her time to make you feel like a priority. At no time during the shoot did I feel rushed or overwhelmed and she consistantly was asking our feedback about what we liked/didn't like.
    I am extremely picky and am so happy with how the photos turned out. I think Ling definitely has an art for photography and you can tell she loves what she does...she gets so excited and has so many great ideas!
    I can't wait until she photographs our wedding in June! :)

Sent on 02/23/2015

Danielle · Married on 10/11/2014

We loved working with Ling! I knew right away after our initial meet that I had picked the best photographer. Pictures were most important to me but I was on a strict budget. She was so affordable and produced beautiful results! My guests loved the preview of pictures during the reception. That was a surprise to me and I loved it so much! She was carefree and allowed us to be us. My husband and I highly recommend Trailing Twine Photography!

Sent on 03/01/2015
  • User4131945 · 2+ years ago

Ling was amazing at our wedding! We couldn't have asked for a more awesome photographer! Not only was she professional, she was also fun and easy going! Our pictures are beautiful and better than I ever expected! We couldn't be happier to have these photos to represent our wonderful wedding memories! Thank you Ling:)

Sent on 05/27/2014
  • O

OFlaherty · Married on 05/03/2014

Ling Babcock is professional, insightful, creative, hard working, fun and all around amazing!!

Sent on 06/03/2014

Jessica · Married on 03/15/2014

Ling did an excellent job photographing our crazy outdoor March wedding in the PNW! We were her first wedding as a primary shooter so we were a little bit nervous (can't really re-do the day!) but she came through with images that made us both cry all over again when our gallery went up. We definitely didn't make it easy on her with my goofy, easily distracted family but she made it work and got the killer group shots I was so hoping for!

She is incredibly sweet and drove all the way from Salem to Washougal WA for a walk through of the ceremony site with us a few weeks before so she was prepared; she asked a TON of questions to get the best idea she could of what we were hoping for. We should have had rain (which she was prepared for) but instead we were blessed with a beautifully sunny spring day that she took full advantage of. She got some AMAZING shots with the light filtering through the trees during the ceremony!

Aside from the brief walk through we kind of left her hanging on what would happen day of as we wanted to let the day happen organically and didn't have a hard schedule to give her. She was super flexible and patient as there was a LOT of chaos that day! Our ceremony was in WA at 1pm and the reception wasn't until 6pm in Portland and she was totally willing to work with our crazy schedule!

Our reception was in a very dimly lit hall (per our preference) and the poor thing was literally running around trying to adjust lighting and such to make sure the important shots were captured. We absolutely love so many of our photos, we can't figure out which ones to purchase!

I would undoubtedly refer Ling to any of my friends and family for photographs! We were so sad (yet happy for her!) when she moved back east as we would LOVE to do a family shoot with her again!

Sent on 05/27/2014

Krystal · Married on 02/22/2014

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Ling on our wedding day... She is extremely personable and has captured all of our special moments in a unique style that we will treasure for years to come.

Sent on 05/29/2014

Denise · event on: 12/30/2013

Ling brings both an unique and fresh perspective to her photography. She has a gift of intuition as to what would work best for each subject. Not only has she done beautiful settings and composition for our family photos (too many great ones to choose a favorite), but has captured our Golden Retriever as well!

Sent on 03/31/2015

Kathryn · Married on 05/07/2016

We are so grateful for the superb work of Ling. She photographed our wedding and helped us plan what types of photographs we wanted and how to fit in our budget. She was flexible with our goal for the wedding (we wanted to spend more time with friends then taking photographs) and worked around our plans. She was detailed oriented in her preparation so on the day everything ran smoothly and we felt confident she had it all together. We were thrilled with the product (over 700 photos). We were also so thankful she offered a brief "practice with the camera"/engagement shoot within our contract as a full separate shoot wasn't in our budget. I would highly recommend Ling to anyone looking for great photographs and doesn't want to have to worry about the details, as she takes care of all that.

Sent on 01/07/2017

Alistair · Married on 03/28/2015

We absolutely loved Ling's services. She has wonderful customer service skills and is nothing but 100% professional. It was a pleasure working with her from start to finish. She gave us beautiful wedding photos. I am so glad we hired her to capture our wedding day and we would recommend Trailing Twine Photography to anyone!

Sent on 08/18/2015

Sara · Married on 07/05/2014

Ling was absolutely wonderful! I found her on craigslist before she was established here in New England, emailed her, and her responsiveness was amazing! I know that was key for me and a friend I referred Ling to. She was very good through all phases, meeting me before the wedding, speaking with me about what i expect, etc. Her photos turned out absolutely beautiful! I was honestly shocked at how great a job she did

The only complaint I had was during the family pictures, she did have some trouble wrangling my family for photos. She did a good job considering, and I hired her knowing she was a green primary photographer, so i expected some difficulties along the way. But i provided her with a list of all my relatives that would be in the photos, and she did a good job. In the end, the pictures were fabulous. Next time I think i would do a better job letting the family members know who needs to be ready to take photos. Remember that brides, let your relatives know they are expected for photos!

I can't say enough how awesome her pictures are, and i loved working with her, and would recommend her in a heartbeat. Thanks Ling!

Sent on 02/18/2015