TPC Sugarloaf Reviews

19 | Duluth, GA

19 Reviews for TPC Sugarloaf

• Y

yovana · Married on 05/05/2018

TPC is very beautiful the outside Ceremony I had was setup very nicely. I loved how our coordinator Elizabeth was very helpful with everything and she was able to answer all of my questions she was very professional, available, flexible, and extremely organized ! Everything went out together perfectly for our special day.

Sent on 05/15/2018

TPC Sugarloaf's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. We are so glad that you enjoyed your ceremony at TPC Sugarloaf. We were honored to be a part of your special day. Best wishes!

Teri · Married on 04/14/2017

The perfect rehearsal dinner location. Everything was beautiful and the staff was very professional and helpful.

Alison · Married on 10/15/2016

I hosted a rehearsal dinner, wedding and after-wedding brunch at Sugarloaf in October 2016. Sugarloaf CC is a gorgeous venue for a wedding. The staff, especially Sarah the event coordinator, Marcia and John, made the bride and groom, host families and guests felt like kings, queens, princes and princesses. They handled all the details and allowed us to revel on the beauty of the day. We chose Sugarloaf because it is not a 'special event mill'. The Club exceeded all my expectations. The pre-event guidance was wise and responsive to the vision of the bridal party, the food planning was straightforward and the food was beautifully presented and perfectly prepared. They shared information on vendors who were all excellent. The venue was gorgeous, clean and comfortable; the financial value was inarguable. The day was perfect and we cherish the memories.

Adrianne · Married on 08/27/2016

Our wedding was on August 27th, 2016. I'm not sure that I can truly express how wonderful having it at TPC Sugarloaf was but I will certainly try. We visited a couple of other places that we liked but TPC is where I wanted to make sure to go before making any decisions. From the moment we were greeted at the gate to driving to the venue itself, I fell in love. In love with the lush greenery, the beautiful/well-maintained grounds, and the beautiful homes that led to where the wedding would take place. I had that "feeling" that I didn't think I would have.
    When we got to TPC to take the tour, I was greeted by Rebecca who was absolutely wonderful. She made sure to show us the main house (which is absolutely beautiful) as well as the spacious reception space, which looked out to the main reason why I wanted to tour, the green overlooking water. I'm not sure that I can put into words how beautiful it is outside and how well the lawn/flowers/outside of the house is kept. It's stunning. Not only did we love the venue but the pricing we got was exactly what we were looking for (and way under what I thought would be the pricing).
    Once we knew this was the place for us, we met the reason why my head didn't explode for the year of planning. I get a little bit teary eyed even writing this because I think of how wonderful of an experience we got from her. Ms. Sarah S........she's my hero and I hope she gets to read this. I've never in my life met anyone more dedicated to the task of making sure one of the biggest day's of your life is completely wonderful. The venue may have been the first reason why I fell in love with TPC but Sarah made the experience one I will never forget as long as I live. The girl is AMAZING!! She means business and her business is making sure all is done , done well, and you are happy from the day you entrust her with the date of the wedding to the day you show up in your dress. Trust if you visit this venue, you won't be disappointed!

Marissa · Married on 08/06/2016

We had our wedding at TPC Sugarloaf on August 6, 2016. We considered roughly 16 venues in the area. We were very impressed by the scenic grounds of the club and the cost of the event was comparable to the other venues around the area.
    One of the things that we loved about TPC is it focuses on one wedding at a time (it is not a wedding factory). And of course, the venue is beautiful. During consultation, Rebecca was very welcoming to our ideas making us feel welcome and felt like her goal was to make the day very special for us. As the event grew closer Sarah was very organized and on top of every detail. She was awesome! She made the planning of the event worry-free. Communication flowed freely, responses were clear and quick, every vendor was contacted and provided schedules and instructions. Very well organized!
    The food tasting was awesome, and the staff was excellent. The day of the wedding the food was prepared to the same perfection that was served during the tasting.Guests were impressed!
    TPC made our wedding day very memorable. Everything was perfect,way beyond our expectations. Our guests are still talking about it. THE PERFECT VENUE FOR OUR DREAM WEDDING.
    Thank you for making our dreams come true :)
    - Matt & Marissa

Terry · Married on 06/18/2016

We were so pleased with the wonderful experience having Sugarloaf Country Club host our rehearsal dinner. Everyone was very professional and the night was a true success! The room was decorated beautifully and the food was excellent. I made the reservation a year ahead and every time I had questions, they were answered very promptly. We had so many family and friends compliment the night and we truly could not have asked for a more perfect memory.

Cindy · Married on 02/27/2016

Our daughter's wedding day was perfect! If anything was wrong, I sure don't know about it! Sarah and the entire staff at Sugarloaf made it the best day ever! From the first part of planning to the tasting to THE day, Sarah was the greatest. Her professionalism, calmness and organization were incredible. The girls started arriving around 8:15 am and from that point forward to the end of the night everything was smooth and fun! The entire staff was friendly and helpful. It was such a peace of mind to know that Sarah and her staff were taking care of everything- and they did! I wish I could do that every weekend! I had the most fun ever! Thanks Sarah

Sarah & the Sugarloaf staff were such a pleasure to work with & helped so much to make my day even more amazing!! The entire team was highly professional, attentive, friendly, & eager to meet all of my needs. I truly feel like Sarah went above & beyond for me as if I were the only bride in the world. The whole set up was beyond my expectations! I would certainly recommend TPC Sugarloaf to anyone! I definitely had a hectic crowd and the staff only greeted everyone with a smile the entire time! Sarah was quick to answer every question, email & phone call, I had not a care in the world on my special day, because of her I knew everything would be taken care of. The food was delicious, the drinks were perfect, the staff was immaculate and I would do it all over again!!

Judy · Married on 06/06/2015

Sarah and her team were WONDERFUL to work with! The venue,staff, set up, food, drinks, music, etc., were outstanding! We appreciated Sarah's willingness and flexibility to add a few additonal touches to the rehearsal dinner event. She was highly professional and helped the evening to go without a hitch! The food and drinks were perfect! The staff and servers were attentive, kind, and professional. Without hesitation, we would come back to Sugarloaf and would recommend it to anyone! Thank you so much for helping us celebrate this very special event with ease and elegance! Blessings to you! Judy and Mark Childs

Linda · Married on 12/31/2014

We had the pleasure of using Sugarloaf Country Club for our daughter’s New Year’s Eve wedding reception. We can’t speak highly enough about the beautiful location, the delicious food and, most importantly, the people we worked with and how they handled the event. From our first meetings with Rebecca and Sarah we could see they focus on making an event special for their clients. The week before the wedding, when details can start to take their toll, Sara allowed me to focus on the bride and our guest as she dealt with the tedious aspects of the day. The day of the wedding was a dream. Sarah and her crew treated us like VIP’s! The evening went off flawlessly, with the Bride, Groom and Guests having a wonderful time!

Allyson · Married on 12/31/2014

My husband and I selected New Year’s Eve for our wedding date to have the ultimate wedding party. I went to my first wedding "convention" and out of all the venues present, Sugarloaf was by far the most impressive. I followed up shortly after and scheduled a date / time to walk the building. It is gorgeous and could easily hold the 200+ attendees. We immediately gave a check to hold the date. About 6 months out - I met their event planner and "day of coordinator" Sarah - who is one of the most organized individuals! If there was an item in the package I was not thrilled about - she let me switch it out with something else from another package at no extra charge! This allowed me to tailor the menu without purchasing more packages nor reducing the guest list. Sarah's support throughout the wedding day that makes me thankful I selected Sugarloaf. The entire staff blew away my expectations; bridesmaids arrived at 9am for hair and makeup, and the spacious ladies locker room was reserved for us with brunch, the hair and makeup area, and dressing areas. Sarah had everything under control, and had my trust and confidence, which allowed me to enjoy my wedding day! She was fantastic at keeping us on schedule to ensure all the activities (like the cake cutting, bouquet / garter toss, etc) happened seamlessly. The two events that absolutely made my evening though 1) was our toast right before midnight, when we got to say thanks, counted down to midnight, and then rang in the new year with a balloon drop! 2) Sarah unwrapped sparklers and lighted them for our guests for our evening exit... that is so monotonous - but she did it by herself, without complaints (actually with a smile) and made sure everyone made it outside to capture the last and one of the happiest moments of the evening. Again, everything about Sugarloaf was perfect... I cannot say enough about all individuals on the staff, and especially Sarah who dedicated so much time to plan my perfect wedding day.

Kara · Married on 11/08/2014

Beautiful venue! Fabulous service! Delicious food! My husband and I wanted a venue that had the white plantation feel but was big enough to hold all our guests. Sugarloaf was perfect for this! The coordinators were super helpful and responsive and provided a stress free and beautiful reception for us and our guests. We would highly recommend Sugarloaf for a wedding reception!

Patti · Married on 10/18/2014

TPC Sugarloaf and their wonderful staff helped create the perfect reception for our daughter's wedding! The beautiful grounds and clubhouse contributed to the overall charm and atmosphere we were looking for in a traditional southern wedding. Rebecca and Sarah were terrific to work with - relaxed, flexible and reassuring - and we felt confident in their capabilities from the moment we first met. The food was delicious and Sarah helped move along the event so that everything was perfectly timed from beginning to end. We wholeheartedly recommend this venue for both a wedding and reception choice!

The team at TPC Sugarloaf was absolutely wonderful to work with, particularly Rebecca Jackson who took the lead. They made my dream wedding a reality and were very flexible and accommodating to our requests. We come from a family in the food business, so the dinner on both our wedding night and our rehearsal evening were very important. The rehearsal was a casual barbeque but the food was great and all of our guests raved about it (and the club, last minute, put together beautiful sunflower arrangements for our decor which was a wonderful extra touch). On our actual wedding night, we had a five course meal that was truly perfect. Every course was well executed and delicious, the chef and food and beverage manager worked with us to come up with exactly what we wanted for each course, and the waiters and event staff made sure the whole night went off without a hitch (and really paid a great amount of attention to detail, which I really appreciated). It was, simply put, the most perfect wedding and the venue and dinner and staff at TPC Sugarloaf were a HUGE part of making it such a success. Everyone I talk to still speaks of it as one of the best weddings they have been to, in particular with respect to the amazing dinner. All of our other vendors were wonderful as well, which the team at Sugarloaf helped us to find and coordinate. A+++

Cecelia · Married on 03/14/2014

Our son and his fiancee were getting married at Ashton Gardens and we needed a venue for the rehearsal dinner. I spent a couple of days checking many possibilities in the area. We live 300 miles from the wedding site so I wanted to be sure to select a venue that could handle all we needed from pillar to post. TPC Sugarloaf was a perfect fit. Besides being a beautiful setting, the staff was what made the dinner so spectacular. From the initial consultation to the final accounting, Rebecca and Sarah were always quick to answer questions by phone or email, the contract was very clear and understandable, and the menu choices were fabulous. There were no surprises. They handled the set up with linens, fresh flowers for the tables, audio equipment setup, and not only the drink bar, but a wonderful coffee and dessert bar as well. The price was much better than any of the other venues we had seen. The food was better than we would have expected in any fine dining restaurant. We chose the Norman menu which included a beef, chicken, and fish entree. They were all delicious and now,even a week after the wedding, we are still having friends and family comment about how great the food was prepared. I will be recommending the TPC Sugarloaf to anyone I know that will need a venue for any type of celebration!

Shannon · Married on 06/16/2012

Sugarloaf CC did an absolutely wonderful job with my wedding. Our coordinator was Kelli Swint and I cannot recommend her enough- she was beyond fantastic to work with.Thanks to Kelli, I never had to worry about anything, which was such a help. The entire staff is amazing and everyone loved the food! The entire booking and planning process was incredibly easy and fun. I loved working with Sugarloaf CC and highly recommend it.

Responsiveness would have been a 5 but the wedding planner left a few weeks before the wedding and we were not notified. The new planner did a fantastic job filling in the wholes which made the day of the wedding spectacular.

2.6
      2.0
      2.5
      2.5
      3.0
      3.0

I had my wedding at the tpc in hopes that I could leave as much of the planning up to the coordinator, Sarah, as possible. When we first met to discuss our wedding, she was very alert and attentive. However, as i started to contact vendors, I emailed some questions to Sarah. She was constantly out of town and took over 2 weeks sometimes to reply back to me. This would be fine usually, but my wedding was needing to be planned within 3 months. I was on quite a time crunch, but I was not receiving the attentiveness i received earlier. We went in to decide food and details, but apparently the menu was not correctly planned out. She told me that constant emails were sent out to confirm, but I thought our meeting was supposed to be clear and concise. I was mistaken. On the wedding day, the wedding coordinator was probably stressed, but she was not pleasant to my guests. I can understand the stress of planning an event, but her attitude was not welcome. All of the other servers were so friendly and helpful, and the only thing i could ask for better was to serve the bride and groom the top piece of the cake. I thought that was obvious, but i could be mistaken. However, my coordinator was lacking in a lot of things. Instead of helping out my dj with the music setup, she was setting up chairs when there were plenty of others able to take on the responsibility. Other things i wish would have been coordinated better would be a lack of sound for my first dance and the hors d'oeuvre lasting the full hour that they told me that they would. I was not very happy about the service, the place was beautifully decorated but that was the vendors.

The draping was beautiful (vendor) and opt for the ice sculptures, which were very attractive.
    Overall, my hopes were not met, and for the coordinator, do not expect much. The vendors were great, and the food was okay. I would have probably been better elswhere. I also believe the clubhouse could use a little sprucing up, only my opinion~