TPC Sugarloaf Reviews

30 | Duluth, GA

30 Reviews for TPC Sugarloaf

Monique W. · Married on 10/17/2020

TPC is a beautiful venue with outstanding service and quality.

We would highly recommend TPC Sugarloaf for an event. We received the best service from the moment I contacted the venue. From start to finish the service in every area was perfect. The young woman that that handles weddings and special events is delightful, professional, responsive, knowledgeable, thoughtful, and patient. I highly recommend TPC for a wedding.

Sent on 11/01/2020
  • Jenny

Jenny S. · Married on 10/03/2020

Best Wedding Venue!!

Me and my husband had our wedding at TPC Sugarloaf this October. It was the perfect day, and that was with help of our amazing wedding coordinator(Amelia) and the staff!! The whole wedding process Amelia was extremely helpful and responsive. During these times of covid, Amelia took my phone calls and emails to help ease my mind and reassure me their venue will accommodate our needs. In addition, the venue itself is beautiful..our photos have turned out amazing. I highly recommend this venue for any special event/wedding!!

Sent on 10/07/2020

TPC Sugarloaf's reply:

Thank you Jenny for your kind words. It was a pleasure working with you. We can't wait to see your sneek peak photos!
  • Margaret

Margaret R. · Married on 07/25/2020

Booked for wedding

We booked with TPC for our wedding coming up in July and the response rate was great!! Elizabeth was so helpful and informative during our tour and made sure that all our questions were answered!! We can’t wait for the special day!

Sent on 11/05/2019

TPC Sugarloaf's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Margaret! We are so excited to be hosting your upcoming wedding; it is going to be such a beautiful day!

Millie R. · Married on 07/18/2020

2020 Wedding

TPC at Sugarloaf was our vendor for our 2020 wedding. Absolutely the prettiest place to have the wedding. Amelia DeFranco who is the sales and cater specialist was so very nice to work with. Everything was done with no exceptions. The ballrooms was extraordinarily beautiful for our reception. I highly recommend the TPC at Sugarloaf. By the way the food was fabulous too!!!

Sent on 07/24/2020

Dawn · Married on 05/02/2020

Epitome of Great Service

We feel so lucky and blessed to have found TPC Sugarloaf! After searching tons of venues, we happened upon them at a bridal show. We met with Amelia and were 100% SOLD. The venue was spectacular with incredible views for an outdoor ceremony overlooking the golf course and a lake, and the Pines ballroom was bright and open with floor to ceiling windows - perfect for a Sunday afternoon wedding. The food was delicious (highly recommend the salmon) and nicely presented. Plus it was surprisingly affordable. Now for the best part...the wedding coordinator is INCLUDED. Actually the BETTER best part is Amelia. She is awesome…just awesome! Totally on her game. Always professional, immediately responsive, and keeps track of all the little details you never think about. She is the epitome of fantastic service. She went above and beyond in providing extra care (including a golf cart) for two family members who needed assistance walking. We can’t say enough about her. And if you are the bride, trust me, you want Amelia handling your wedding. She will make sure you have nothing to stress about. That is so valuable on your wedding day. She coordinates with all the vendors and things magically fall into place. It started to rain five minutes before our outdoor ceremony and she told me in such a way that I didn’t panic and said we would wait a few minutes because it was one small cloud. Sure enough, it passed and the sun came out and we started pretty much on time. We had heard horror stories about the bride and groom not getting to eat, or eating late and starving. Not on Amelia’s watch. She had a plate of our hors d’oeurves ready for us right after our ceremony while we waited to be introduced to the room. I’m sure I’m forgetting all the wonderful things she did to make our experience so perfect; just know you can’t go wrong if you work with her and TPC. All of the staff we encountered were very pleasant and service oriented.
    On a side note, and hopefully you won’t encounter this, we had to reschedule twice due to Covid-19 and Amelia was gracious and flexible, working with us to find new dates. What a blessing.
    Ours wasn’t a huge wedding, but we were treated like royalty. My husband (fun to say that now) and I agree we would do it all again with Amelia and TPC.

Sent on 06/29/2020

TPC Sugarloaf's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! It was such a pleasure to work with you and get to know all of your family and friends.
  • Tony

Tony T. · Married on 02/22/2020

Highly recommend this venue for weddings and big events

This venue was perfect for our special day. They only hold one event a day. This allowed the staff to provide focus attention on a day with lot of little details and moving parts. The staff removed the stress of a wedding and care for the guests. The facilities were in tip top shape and the views of the drive up and the course were spectacular for our guests. The food was amazing. The menu had many choices to select from. It was hard for us to narrow down our menu because of the amount of choices. We sat for tasting that was simply amazing. All of our guests raved about the appetizers and main course.

Sent on 03/08/2020

TPC Sugarloaf's reply:

We are so happy that we were able to be a part of your special day; you and your family were such a joy to work with! Thank you for all of your kind words. Hopefully our paths will cross again for another future event.

Kelsey B. · Married on 01/18/2020

Awesome Venue that goes the Extra Mile

Our wedding at TPC Sugarloaf was truly magical and we really appreciate the care and attention we experienced throughout the day, and evening. Amelia and her team did an awesome job making sure everything was perfect for the rehearsal dinner and wedding day. She was a delight to work with and we really appreciated her accommodating attitude! Everything was perfect and our guests truly enjoyed a lovely evening! All the guests loved the food and were impressed with the Grouper taco station. TPC Sugarloaf is a stunning wedding venue with a wonderful event staff.

Sent on 07/15/2020
  • Carly

Carly · Married on 10/26/2019

A Wedding dream come true!! Elizabeth is the BEST

I got married at TPC Sugarloaf on 10/26/2019. I cannot say enough amazing things about the venue but mostly about Elizabeth. She is without a doubt the most amazing wedding day of coordinator out there. Her attention to detail, quick responses, and calm energy made my wedding day the best day of my life. I planned my entire wedding without a wedding planner, and Elizabeth was so great to answer all of my questions, make last minute changes and went above and beyond for everything I wanted. Everyone loves the food, the appetizers and the entire process of planning was seamless for us. The day of, I knew everything was going to be perfect because of her. We had so many people say this was the best wedding they had ever been to and I owe it to Elizabeth, her staff, and the beautiful space TPC provided. I would recommend this space to anyone looking for a classy wedding with a traditional vibe that you can make your own. Thank you TPC and Elizabeth. We will forever remember this day.

Sent on 12/05/2019

TPC Sugarloaf's reply:

Thank you Carly for your kind words! I loved working with on your wedding; it was such a fun and wonderful day. Everyone at TPC Sugarloaf is so thankful that we got to be a part of your special day.

Catherine · Married on 09/07/2019

TPC Sugarloaf was My Best Decision

I was very particular about how I wanted our schedule to be, how the decor looked. Everything seemed so stressful on the wedding day, but Elizabeth took care of EVERYTHING. She always had a smile on her face, told me to breathe deeply, and she and her team did AMAZINGGG.

Food was good, everyone had a lot of fun. I am so very glad I chose this venue! You will definitely get your money's worth here.

Sent on 09/21/2019

TPC Sugarloaf's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words - we LOVED being a part of your special day! You are such a lovely couple and we are so excited for the life that you are building together.

Michelle P. · Married on 08/17/2019

Wedding Coordinator Review...

I wish I could choose 10 stars because this venue and staff is the absolute best. As a wedding coordinator you pray that the venue will have the same goal of making the day smooth. This team was super accommodating and easy to work with. Special shout out to Cory she was fantastic! Can't wait to refer my couples to this venue.

Sent on 09/01/2020

Julie G. · Married on 02/11/2019

Best wedding ever!

My son’s wedding at TPC Sugarloaf was basically perfect! The entire staff paid attention to every detail. We had a plated dinner for nearly 200 guests and everyone was extremely impressed with the quality of food and efficiency of service. The ambience was beautiful and all of our guests had an amazing night

Sent on 11/07/2019

TPC Sugarloaf's reply:

We are so glad that we could make your son's wedding perfect; you were all such a joy to work with! Thank you for letting TPC Sugarloaf be a part of your special day.
  • Y

Yovana · Married on 05/05/2018

TPC is very beautiful the outside Ceremony I had was setup very nicely. I loved how our coordinator Elizabeth was very helpful with everything and she was able to answer all of my questions she was very professional, available, flexible, and extremely organized ! Everything went out together perfectly for our special day.

Sent on 05/15/2018

TPC Sugarloaf's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. We are so glad that you enjoyed your ceremony at TPC Sugarloaf. We were honored to be a part of your special day. Best wishes!

Anne · Married on 04/19/2018

TPC was just a beautiful, fantastic venue to hold our Rehearsal Dinner. Had we known about it sooner we would have loved to have had our wedding there as well. The service and food were top notch! Our coordinator, Elizabeth, was so nice, flexible and accommodating ... super responsive!!! Our guests were taken back by the beauty of the grounds and the old southern charm of the club. The cost of the event was reasonable and definitely worth the value! It's the best kept secret, and a gem worth checking out!

Sent on 04/23/2018

TPC Sugarloaf's reply:

Thank you so much Anne for your kind words! We are so glad that you enjoyed your experience at TPC Sugarloaf. We loved working with your family. If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out. Best wishes!

Teri · Married on 04/14/2017

The perfect rehearsal dinner location. Everything was beautiful and the staff was very professional and helpful.

Sent on 05/01/2017

Alison · Married on 10/15/2016

I hosted a rehearsal dinner, wedding and after-wedding brunch at Sugarloaf in October 2016. Sugarloaf CC is a gorgeous venue for a wedding. The staff, especially Sarah the event coordinator, Marcia and John, made the bride and groom, host families and guests felt like kings, queens, princes and princesses. They handled all the details and allowed us to revel on the beauty of the day. We chose Sugarloaf because it is not a 'special event mill'. The Club exceeded all my expectations. The pre-event guidance was wise and responsive to the vision of the bridal party, the food planning was straightforward and the food was beautifully presented and perfectly prepared. They shared information on vendors who were all excellent. The venue was gorgeous, clean and comfortable; the financial value was inarguable. The day was perfect and we cherish the memories.

Sent on 01/25/2017

Adrianne · Married on 08/27/2016

Our wedding was on August 27th, 2016. I'm not sure that I can truly express how wonderful having it at TPC Sugarloaf was but I will certainly try. We visited a couple of other places that we liked but TPC is where I wanted to make sure to go before making any decisions. From the moment we were greeted at the gate to driving to the venue itself, I fell in love. In love with the lush greenery, the beautiful/well-maintained grounds, and the beautiful homes that led to where the wedding would take place. I had that "feeling" that I didn't think I would have.
    When we got to TPC to take the tour, I was greeted by Rebecca who was absolutely wonderful. She made sure to show us the main house (which is absolutely beautiful) as well as the spacious reception space, which looked out to the main reason why I wanted to tour, the green overlooking water. I'm not sure that I can put into words how beautiful it is outside and how well the lawn/flowers/outside of the house is kept. It's stunning. Not only did we love the venue but the pricing we got was exactly what we were looking for (and way under what I thought would be the pricing).
    Once we knew this was the place for us, we met the reason why my head didn't explode for the year of planning. I get a little bit teary eyed even writing this because I think of how wonderful of an experience we got from her. Ms. Sarah S........she's my hero and I hope she gets to read this. I've never in my life met anyone more dedicated to the task of making sure one of the biggest day's of your life is completely wonderful. The venue may have been the first reason why I fell in love with TPC but Sarah made the experience one I will never forget as long as I live. The girl is AMAZING!! She means business and her business is making sure all is done , done well, and you are happy from the day you entrust her with the date of the wedding to the day you show up in your dress. Trust if you visit this venue, you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 01/31/2017

Marissa · Married on 08/06/2016

We had our wedding at TPC Sugarloaf on August 6, 2016. We considered roughly 16 venues in the area. We were very impressed by the scenic grounds of the club and the cost of the event was comparable to the other venues around the area.
    One of the things that we loved about TPC is it focuses on one wedding at a time (it is not a wedding factory). And of course, the venue is beautiful. During consultation, Rebecca was very welcoming to our ideas making us feel welcome and felt like her goal was to make the day very special for us. As the event grew closer Sarah was very organized and on top of every detail. She was awesome! She made the planning of the event worry-free. Communication flowed freely, responses were clear and quick, every vendor was contacted and provided schedules and instructions. Very well organized!
    The food tasting was awesome, and the staff was excellent. The day of the wedding the food was prepared to the same perfection that was served during the tasting.Guests were impressed!
    TPC made our wedding day very memorable. Everything was perfect,way beyond our expectations. Our guests are still talking about it. THE PERFECT VENUE FOR OUR DREAM WEDDING.
    Thank you for making our dreams come true :)
    - Matt & Marissa

Sent on 02/01/2017

Terry · Married on 06/18/2016

We were so pleased with the wonderful experience having Sugarloaf Country Club host our rehearsal dinner. Everyone was very professional and the night was a true success! The room was decorated beautifully and the food was excellent. I made the reservation a year ahead and every time I had questions, they were answered very promptly. We had so many family and friends compliment the night and we truly could not have asked for a more perfect memory.

Sent on 08/31/2016

Cindy · Married on 02/27/2016

Our daughter's wedding day was perfect! If anything was wrong, I sure don't know about it! Sarah and the entire staff at Sugarloaf made it the best day ever! From the first part of planning to the tasting to THE day, Sarah was the greatest. Her professionalism, calmness and organization were incredible. The girls started arriving around 8:15 am and from that point forward to the end of the night everything was smooth and fun! The entire staff was friendly and helpful. It was such a peace of mind to know that Sarah and her staff were taking care of everything- and they did! I wish I could do that every weekend! I had the most fun ever! Thanks Sarah

Sent on 03/20/2016

Sarah & the Sugarloaf staff were such a pleasure to work with & helped so much to make my day even more amazing!! The entire team was highly professional, attentive, friendly, & eager to meet all of my needs. I truly feel like Sarah went above & beyond for me as if I were the only bride in the world. The whole set up was beyond my expectations! I would certainly recommend TPC Sugarloaf to anyone! I definitely had a hectic crowd and the staff only greeted everyone with a smile the entire time! Sarah was quick to answer every question, email & phone call, I had not a care in the world on my special day, because of her I knew everything would be taken care of. The food was delicious, the drinks were perfect, the staff was immaculate and I would do it all over again!!

Sent on 03/10/2016

Judy · Married on 06/06/2015

Sarah and her team were WONDERFUL to work with! The venue,staff, set up, food, drinks, music, etc., were outstanding! We appreciated Sarah's willingness and flexibility to add a few additonal touches to the rehearsal dinner event. She was highly professional and helped the evening to go without a hitch! The food and drinks were perfect! The staff and servers were attentive, kind, and professional. Without hesitation, we would come back to Sugarloaf and would recommend it to anyone! Thank you so much for helping us celebrate this very special event with ease and elegance! Blessings to you! Judy and Mark Childs

Sent on 06/10/2015

Linda · Married on 12/31/2014

We had the pleasure of using Sugarloaf Country Club for our daughter’s New Year’s Eve wedding reception. We can’t speak highly enough about the beautiful location, the delicious food and, most importantly, the people we worked with and how they handled the event. From our first meetings with Rebecca and Sarah we could see they focus on making an event special for their clients. The week before the wedding, when details can start to take their toll, Sara allowed me to focus on the bride and our guest as she dealt with the tedious aspects of the day. The day of the wedding was a dream. Sarah and her crew treated us like VIP’s! The evening went off flawlessly, with the Bride, Groom and Guests having a wonderful time!

Sent on 03/07/2015

Allyson · Married on 12/31/2014

My husband and I selected New Year’s Eve for our wedding date to have the ultimate wedding party. I went to my first wedding "convention" and out of all the venues present, Sugarloaf was by far the most impressive. I followed up shortly after and scheduled a date / time to walk the building. It is gorgeous and could easily hold the 200+ attendees. We immediately gave a check to hold the date. About 6 months out - I met their event planner and "day of coordinator" Sarah - who is one of the most organized individuals! If there was an item in the package I was not thrilled about - she let me switch it out with something else from another package at no extra charge! This allowed me to tailor the menu without purchasing more packages nor reducing the guest list. Sarah's support throughout the wedding day that makes me thankful I selected Sugarloaf. The entire staff blew away my expectations; bridesmaids arrived at 9am for hair and makeup, and the spacious ladies locker room was reserved for us with brunch, the hair and makeup area, and dressing areas. Sarah had everything under control, and had my trust and confidence, which allowed me to enjoy my wedding day! She was fantastic at keeping us on schedule to ensure all the activities (like the cake cutting, bouquet / garter toss, etc) happened seamlessly. The two events that absolutely made my evening though 1) was our toast right before midnight, when we got to say thanks, counted down to midnight, and then rang in the new year with a balloon drop! 2) Sarah unwrapped sparklers and lighted them for our guests for our evening exit... that is so monotonous - but she did it by herself, without complaints (actually with a smile) and made sure everyone made it outside to capture the last and one of the happiest moments of the evening. Again, everything about Sugarloaf was perfect... I cannot say enough about all individuals on the staff, and especially Sarah who dedicated so much time to plan my perfect wedding day.

Sent on 03/19/2015

Kara · Married on 11/08/2014

Beautiful venue! Fabulous service! Delicious food! My husband and I wanted a venue that had the white plantation feel but was big enough to hold all our guests. Sugarloaf was perfect for this! The coordinators were super helpful and responsive and provided a stress free and beautiful reception for us and our guests. We would highly recommend Sugarloaf for a wedding reception!

Sent on 03/05/2015

Patti · Married on 10/18/2014

TPC Sugarloaf and their wonderful staff helped create the perfect reception for our daughter's wedding! The beautiful grounds and clubhouse contributed to the overall charm and atmosphere we were looking for in a traditional southern wedding. Rebecca and Sarah were terrific to work with - relaxed, flexible and reassuring - and we felt confident in their capabilities from the moment we first met. The food was delicious and Sarah helped move along the event so that everything was perfectly timed from beginning to end. We wholeheartedly recommend this venue for both a wedding and reception choice!

Sent on 03/06/2015