Town Point Club Reviews

52 | Norfolk, VA

52 Reviews for Town Point Club

Carol · Married on 08/23/2013

Abby Bailey was a delight to work with She made everything so easy for me.

Tiffany · Married on 08/17/2013

Abby and her staff were absoutley wonderful. From the catering staff making wonderful suggestions during out tasting. To being flexible with room availablity. My Husband is a picky eater they made some things specifically for him. Always professional and willing to give suggestions when needed. The new renovations were beautiful and a great touch to our wedding. I absoultely loved this venue and would recommend it to anyone getting married in the Hampon Roads area.

Sent on 09/06/2013

Pamela · Married on 06/22/2013

This is a beautiful venue! The staff was amazing and food was fabulous! I would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 09/05/2013

Michelle · Married on 06/21/2013

This is an awesome venue. Management & staff were friendly, courteous, efficient, punctual and accommodating. The attitude was for the event to be the best experience & enjoyment for guests. The food was delectable & service was superb. Everyone had a memorable time.

Sent on 08/29/2013

Highly professional. Excellent communication - Perfect timing - Extremely courteous - Flawless service. Thank you!

Sent on 09/04/2013

Neresa · Married on 05/11/2013

THE BEST! Abby Bailey is very professional and helpful especially to a nervous BRIDE, Town Point Club is a BEAUTIFUL Place to have any events, my guests enjoyed it and my husband and I are very happy and satisfied to have our WEDDINNG RECEPTION AT THE TOWN POINT CLUB, the food are delicious and the employees are very accommodating.

Thank you ABBY and your crew.

Neresa and Jerry

Sent on 09/03/2013

I could not have asked for a better venue to host my wedding reception on May 4, 2013. The service and professionalism at the Town Point Club were top notch. It simply doesn't get any better. Abby and the staff did an exceptional job to help make our special day so memorable.

Arlean · Married on 02/09/2013

Thanks to Abbey Bailey and staff for all your help in executing a wedding reception for my son and daughter-in-law within a 2 week time limit. The reception was beautiful!!! Special Thank-you to Mrs. Bailey for all
    the time and effort given in such a short period of time. Everyone had a lovely time. The couple is enjoying married life and are now living in Japan!!!! Thanks again and may God Bless you.......

Sent on 09/11/2013

Megan · Married on 07/17/2010

We had our cocktail hour and reception at the Town Point, and could not have been more pleased with the event! Abby Bailey, the events coordinator is fabulous, and was willing to work with us on every detail, and what we really wanted to accomplish with the event. She was not pushy, instead very helpful and sweet! The club is beautiful, and has been freshly renovated, and you can't beat the view of the park and river. The food was wonderfully prepared, including serving guests with several dietary restrictions. The venue is lovely, but the service at Town Point is what really shines, everyone from the valet to the head chef was helpful, polite, and went above and beyond to make our big day special! If we had to do it all over, we would choose the Town Point club again in a heart beat!
    Megan and Adam Perry

Sent on 08/28/2010

Lauren · Married on 10/14/2006

wonderful staff and service, attentive to all of our needs...couldn't have asked for anything better!

Sent on 01/02/2008

Jenna · Married on 03/21/2015

I am extremely happy with the services that my husband and I received from the Town Point Club! I couldn't have chosen a better venue for our wedding. The view is absolutely gorgeous and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Without Abby Bailey's help, our wedding would not have been as amazing as it was. She was very helpful throughout the whole process and made sure that our wedding at Town Point Club was memorable. If I had to go back, I would choose Town Point Club over and over again.

Sent on 03/27/2015

I thoroughly enjoyed working with Brianna and Abby. Both ladies were professional and walked us through the very stressful time of wedding planning. They recommended people to us and always followed up to ensure everything was running smoothly. The actual room was beautiful with the scenery and our guests were impressed by the view and the delicious food!

Sent on 04/25/2014

Martha · Married on 09/20/2013

Abby Bailey, the event coordinator was superb. Wait Staff was very efficient and pleasant.

The event was a Rehearsal Dinner, the evening prior to the wedding. However, this was not an option in the Event Type listed above, so I selected wedding.

Sent on 09/24/2013

Jaime · Married on 08/09/2019

Satisfied Wedding Planner

Town Point Club is very accommodating and which gave my clients Rehersal Dinner a really intimate and customized feeling.

Sent on 06/28/2019

Town Point Club's reply:

Thank you so much, Jaime! I'm so happy everyone enjoyed themselves and that we were able to host such a special occasion for them! -Sydney Way, Private Events Director

Domonique · Married on 09/03/2017

My husband and I just got married on September 3rd and I couldn't be more happy about how everything went at our venue. Everything went off with a hitch the day of and everything looked beautiful, even better than I imagined. The Town Point Club liaison that I worked with, Josiana Mason, always responded to my emails as quickly as possible and always had an answer whenever I had a question. She was able to accommodate any request I had, which wasn't much as I was a pretty calm bride, and always willing and eager to help. The food was great, although I wish the salads had been on the table when everyone was seated in the reception room, but that was a very minor thing and in the long run, it didn't even matter because nobody noticed except me, of course! Overall, it was a wonderful venue with amazing food and if I ever had another event to host, I would definitely use them again as they did an excellent job!!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Tiffany · Married on 07/24/2015

Town Point Club is an excellent choice for most any event. The food is fantastic, and the Chef is very accommodating; the service is top-notch; the space is lovely, with beautiful views of the Elizabeth River. Abby Bailey, our event coordinator, was amazing to work with: professional, polite and patient. You won't regret choosing Town Point Club for your next event.

Sent on 08/04/2015

Bobbie · Married on 06/29/2013

Worked with Abby for our son's wedding rehearsal dinner. The event went very well and she was such a big help getting us everything we needed for the event. The only mistake that was made and it was not Abby's fault is that we had requested a special wine and someone forgot to order it, so it was not available. Another wine was provided, but it wasn't quite the same. Otherwise, we considered the event spectacular!

Ashley · Married on 06/02/2007

Had my rehearsal dinner here and loved it. Staff was very accomodating and flexible. Had dinner for 75 in one room and drinks piano welcome reception for ~120 afterwards... very nice set-up. Food and drink were excellent! Highly recommend.

Sent on 03/16/2008

Erika · Married on 04/30/2016

3.5

I had my wedding at Town Point Club in downtown Norfolk, and it was fabulous. I had a great staff working with me, very willing to work within my budget and accommodated my needs. The service staff was awesome, they treated me my husband, family and friends with respect and great service. They kept my event moving with precision and professionalism. The room we had was Craig East and West and it had gorgeous views of downtown water scape. The food was great and the setup of my reception was handled to my precise details. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking to host an event there.

Sent on 05/04/2016
  • User4063155 · event on: 04/04/2014

3.0

We had a very good experience at the rehearsal dinner for our son. Brianna was the consummate professional and was very attentive to my questions and emails. The event wouldnt have been as succeeful without her help. During the event, the staff was very professional and followed through with all requests.
    The only suggestion I have is that I think the hosts of the event should be encouraged to find out how much alcohol was consummed before they leave(bottle count) for the evening.

Sent on 04/26/2014

Charlene · Married on 09/08/2018

Rehearsal Dinner

We had my stepdaughters rehearsal dinner here. Venue is beautiful, and the sales team was wonderful and flexible.
    The waiter we had was very inexperienced, not sure if it was his first day? Confused on specials, actually told us the wrong soup, but still served it anyways? Other than that, I would recommend it, again a beautiful venue

Sent on 07/12/2019

Town Point Club's reply:

Mrs. Wallace, thank you so much for your feedback and it was wonderful working with you on Rachel and Justin's rehearsal dinner! We have worked with the server and put in extra training to make sure above-and-beyond, exceptional service is provided to all of our guests. Thank you again for the feedback and sending well wishes to the newlyweds! -Sydney Way, Private Events Director

Harriet · event on: 05/30/2014

The Town Point Club did a wonderful job. We had two parties back to back and there was some confusion about directing guests to the appropriate room. Other than that, the service was perfect!

Sent on 06/03/2014
  • F

Kia · Married on 06/01/2013

4.2
      3.0

I held my wedding reception at the Town Point Club on June 1st and I must say the service is excellent! I'm not sure the price is worth it, as I feel the space is a little small and you can have the same experience for less money at another venue, but I think in essence you are paying for the name and location. Somehow the top tier of my wedding cake was cut without our permission, but other than that I have no complaints. No one is able to say who actually gave permission, as the club is stating the baker, but the baker denies the claim. Either way I can still say that working with Abby and the staff was a pleasure and the food is great!

Sent on 06/18/2013

Pam Reed · Married on 06/22/2019

Rehearsal dinner

Town Point Club was a good choice for a rehearsal dinner. The room was accommodating, food
    delicious, staff efficient, the outside deck perfect for an evening overlooking the water.
    We made several changes along the way, and the staff could not have been more flexible.
    We would return for another event.
    We also had an after party down the hall that was equally perfect for entertaining guests downtown.

Sent on 07/05/2019

Town Point Club's reply:

Thank you so much for your feedback, Mrs. Reed, and it was a pleasure working with you every step of the way! Wishing Clark and Bennett all the best during this exciting new chapter! -Sydney Way, Private Events Director

3.8
      3.5
      2.5

When I walked into this place i immediately fell in love and knew this was the place for us! I was very excited to have a central location, close to the water, looking for an elegant classy feeling and I thought this place was perfect! We had a tour, discussed the details and made plans to have both the wedding ceremony and reception all at the same place. When I was given a tour, I fell in love with the ceremony room as it overlooked the water and was just gorgeous... I 100% made it clear that I intended to have my ceremony there which would start at 5pm. Over the next few days, I went to the print shop to get my invitations made and as I was waiting for the invitations to be ready, Town Point Club said they didn't know I was having my ceremony there, so they double booked another wedding party to have their rehearsal in my ceremony room the night of my wedding so I couldn't have the room I wanted. I was sooooo disappointed and angry, it almost made me reconsider this place as my venue. The event coordinator at the club was not overly sympathetic to my situation, but "saw what she could do" and allowed me to start my ceremony 30 minutes earlier than expected. This of course caused a big mess with my invitations, but I suppose it all worked out in the end. I know that if i was the other bride, I would postpone my own rehearsal by an hour or two to avoid ruining anothers' big day but who knows...

Other than that, the club was helpful and did a lot to make sure my day went smoothly. We had the buffet style options which were alright... I was expecting better for $64 per plate, but it was okay. The food was on the cool side, and the beef was pink (Yuck) but all other items were satisfactory. I received many compliments on the food.

My only real complaint is that I felt like we were at a "wedding factory". While we were getting ready, having our rehearsal and even on the big day there were other random people walking around. Wanted to feel more special.

Sent on 10/17/2012