41 Reviews for Town Point Club

House Liquor (1)
Furniture (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
39 Town Point Club Reviews

Abby and her staff were absoutley wonderful. From the catering staff making wonderful suggestions during out tasting. To being flexible with room availablity. My Husband is a picky eater they made some things specifically for him. Always professional and willing to give suggestions when needed. The new renovations were beautiful and a great touch to our wedding. I absoultely loved this venue and would recommend it to anyone getting married in the Hampon Roads area.

Profile Picture Tiffany, 8/17/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Worked with Abby for our son's wedding rehearsal dinner. The event went very well and she was such a big help getting us everything we needed for the event. The only mistake that was made and it was not Abby's fault is that we had requested a special wine and someone forgot to order it, so it was not available. Another wine was provided, but it wasn't quite the same. Otherwise, we considered the event spectacular!

Profile Picture Bobbie, 6/29/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

This is a beautiful venue! The staff was amazing and food was fabulous! I would highly recommend this venue.

Profile Picture Pamela, 6/22/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is an awesome venue. Management & staff were friendly, courteous, efficient, punctual and accommodating. The attitude was for the event to be the best experience & enjoyment for guests. The food was delectable & service was superb. Everyone had a memorable time.

Profile Picture Michelle, 6/21/13, 1 Review
4.3

I held my wedding reception at the Town Point Club on June 1st and I must say the service is excellent! I'm not sure the price is worth it, as I feel the space is a little small and you can have the same experience for less money at another venue, but I think in essence you are paying for the name and location. Somehow the top tier of my wedding cake was cut without our permission, but other than that I have no complaints. No one is able to say who actually gave permission, as the club is stating the baker, but the baker denies the claim. Either way I can still say that working with Abby and the staff was a pleasure and the food is great!

Profile Picture Kia, 6/1/13, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Highly professional. Excellent communication - Perfect timing - Extremely courteous - Flawless service. Thank you!

Profile Picture User3510388, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

THE BEST! Abby Bailey is very professional and helpful especially to a nervous BRIDE, Town Point Club is a BEAUTIFUL Place to have any events, my guests enjoyed it and my husband and I are very happy and satisfied to have our WEDDINNG RECEPTION AT THE TOWN POINT CLUB, the food are delicious and the employees are very accommodating.

Thank you ABBY and your crew.

Neresa and Jerry

Profile Picture Neresa, 5/11/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I could not have asked for a better venue to host my wedding reception on May 4, 2013. The service and professionalism at the Town Point Club were top notch. It simply doesn't get any better. Abby and the staff did an exceptional job to help make our special day so memorable.

Profile Picture User3499519, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Thanks to Abbey Bailey and staff for all your help in executing a wedding reception for my son and daughter-in-law within a 2 week time limit. The reception was beautiful!!! Special Thank-you to Mrs. Bailey for all
the time and effort given in such a short period of time. Everyone had a lovely time. The couple is enjoying married life and are now living in Japan!!!! Thanks again and may God Bless you.......

Profile Picture Arlean, 2/9/13, 2 Reviews
3.8

When I walked into this place i immediately fell in love and knew this was the place for us! I was very excited to have a central location, close to the water, looking for an elegant classy feeling and I thought this place was perfect! We had a tour, discussed the details and made plans to have both the wedding ceremony and reception all at the same place. When I was given a tour, I fell in love with the ceremony room as it overlooked the water and was just gorgeous... I 100% made it clear that I intended to have my ceremony there which would start at 5pm. Over the next few days, I went to the print shop to get my invitations made and as I was waiting for the invitations to be ready, Town Point Club said they didn't know I was having my ceremony there, so they double booked another wedding party to have their rehearsal in my ceremony room the night of my wedding so I couldn't have the room I wanted. I was sooooo disappointed and angry, it almost made me reconsider this place as my venue. The event coordinator at the club was not overly sympathetic to my situation, but "saw what she could do" and allowed me to start my ceremony 30 minutes earlier than expected. This of course caused a big mess with my invitations, but I suppose it all worked out in the end. I know that if i was the other bride, I would postpone my own rehearsal by an hour or two to avoid ruining anothers' big day but who knows...

Other than that, the club was helpful and did a lot to make sure my day went smoothly. We had the buffet style options which were alright... I was expecting better for $64 per plate, but it was okay. The food was on the cool side, and the beef was pink (Yuck) but all other items were satisfactory. I received many compliments on the food.

My only real complaint is that I felt like we were at a "wedding factory". While we were getting ready, having our rehearsal and even on the big day there were other random people walking around. Wanted to feel more special.

Profile Picture User2718871, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our cocktail hour and reception at the Town Point, and could not have been more pleased with the event! Abby Bailey, the events coordinator is fabulous, and was willing to work with us on every detail, and what we really wanted to accomplish with the event. She was not pushy, instead very helpful and sweet! The club is beautiful, and has been freshly renovated, and you can't beat the view of the park and river. The food was wonderfully prepared, including serving guests with several dietary restrictions. The venue is lovely, but the service at Town Point is what really shines, everyone from the valet to the head chef was helpful, polite, and went above and beyond to make our big day special! If we had to do it all over, we would choose the Town Point club again in a heart beat!
Megan and Adam Perry

Profile Picture Megan, 7/17/10, 5 Reviews
0.0

At first the venue seemed perfect. They were available, returned my calls, and would answer my questions. As time went on and they had my deposit and contract, I slowly stopped recieving returned calls. Then when the problome was adressed to the contact, she would promise whatever we wanted and then would not carry through with it. Even though I had asked to speak with the contacts boss, I was only provided his contact information after the event. Often I would not be told of decissions made on my behalf and i would never get accurate quotes for what I wanted. Although I was ensured that their policy of paying for the bar by pour and not at one price was better, the final bill was 3,000 over what I had already paid. The only benifit of this venue is the food was good, and the view was nice.

Profile Picture elyse, 12/31/07, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Had my rehearsal dinner here and loved it. Staff was very accomodating and flexible. Had dinner for 75 in one room and drinks piano welcome reception for ~120 afterwards... very nice set-up. Food and drink were excellent! Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/2/07, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

wonderful staff and service, attentive to all of our needs...couldn't have asked for anything better!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/14/06, 2 Reviews