Total Soul Reviews

37 | Nutley, NJ

37 Reviews for Total Soul

37 Total Soul Reviews

Caitlin · Married on 07/20/2018

I love Total Soul. Jeff and the rest of the gang made our wedding perfect. Everyone LOVED the music, and we were on the dance floor the entire night! I can't say enough about how awesome this band is - I highly recommend having them at your wedding!

kathleen · Married on 10/21/2017

Total Soul was the best money we spent on our wedding. Our guests had so much fun. The dance floor was full to capacity from beginning to end. The band took very few breaks and their energy and enthusiasm was contagious. They more than exceeded my expectations. We received more compliments on the band than I can even count. Prior to the wedding Jeff was always available to answer our questions. They were simply the best!!!!!!

Christine · Married on 10/14/2017

BOOK TOTAL SOUL NOW! Seriously, this is the most amazing wedding band you'll ever hear. My father is a musician, so naturally we had multiple musician guests and all of them were saying how amazing the band was. From the start, Jeff was super easy to communicate with and very responsive to emails. He was flexible during the planning process, even when we threw a few last minute song requests their way. They are stellar musicians and know exactly what to play to keep the party going! The dance floor was packed all night. They are reasonably priced and are worth so much more! Book this band. You'll have such an awesome dance party!

Rory · Married on 08/25/2017

I've never written an online review, but Jeff and Total Soul were so good that I feel compelled. Months after the wedding, so many friends and family still say how good the band were. The sound quality, energy, and showmanship were just incredible - I really can't think of a way to say how impressive they were. A couple of my musician friends (and play weddings and events) just stood there in awe, and everyone else danced non-stop. On top of that, Jeff was so easy and accommodating to work with, from the first phone call to his help coordinating on the day. It felt like he was organizing the wedding with us, not at all like someone who was being paid to do a job. You really can't go wrong here.

Sent on 09/28/2017

Total Soul's reply:

Thank you for the review! I hope you and Kate are doing well and enjoying married life. It was a pleasure working with you and playing for all of your guests. Hopefully we can perform for you again soon! Best wishes- Jeff

Kelsey · Married on 05/28/2017

I can not say enough how incredibly awesome Total Soul is!!! My husband and I attend a wedding when we first started dating and said "IF and when we get married we are hiring this band!!!" They were the first vendor I contacted after our engagement because we wanted to make sure they were available for whatever wedding date we chose. Jeff is very responsive via email and was professional through out the entire planning process. We got tons of compliments on how awesome they were for our reception!! They made our wedding night SO FUN!!! My husband and I spent hours dancing with our friends and family and I could not have asked for a more fun night. Jeff and all of the band members are very professional, friendly and obviously very talented! We had a rain shower before our ceremony and Jeff made sure to take care of everything regardless of the rain. I had absolutely no worries regarding the band come the wedding day because I knew he would take care of everything. I also really like how you can choose how many members you would like to hire depending on your budget. To save on cost we hired the minimal amount of members but you would have never known! Thank you so much for playing a huge role in making our wedding night the best night ever!! Do yourself and your wedding guests a huge favor and HIRE TOTAL SOUL!!!! :)

Dana · Married on 11/12/2016

Total Soul is outstanding in so many ways! We booked them for our November (day) wedding after seeing them at another wedding. The band's energy, talent, and professionalism are top-notch. Jeff was a pleasure to work with in planning, as he is very experienced and accommodating. Even for a day event, the band had our guests out dancing the entire time. For weeks after our wedding, our guests continued to comment on the band's exceptional performance! We could not have been happier with having Total Soul perform on our wedding day, and without any reservations we would highly recommend them for any event!

Brenna · Married on 08/27/2016

We were lucky to see Total Soul play at a family wedding in 2015, and knew that we had to book them for our wedding on August 27, 2016 in Lenox, MA. We cannot thank them enough for the fantastic addition they were. Jeff is wonderful and easy to work with, and the band is so very talented and fun. We had an absolute blast and Total Soul was just absolutely amazing. The #1 remark we had from guests was how phenomenal the band was. We had so many friends say that when they get married they have to have Total Soul play!

Nunzio · Married on 08/13/2016

This band is THE BEST! So good, so nice, so professional. They accommodated all of our requests and had the dance floor packed the entire night. Highly highly recommended a million times over!

Nunzio and Julia Moudatsos

Dana · Married on 07/16/2016

This band made our wedding day! They were so flexible and easy to work with. By far the best vendor we dealt with while planning our big day. They took it a step above! Amazing voices and awesome instrumentals. They had a perfect mix of down time and live music. Really had everyone out of their seats and dancing! Our wedding guests couldn't stop talking about them! One guest even decided to book them for her own wedding afterwards! Total Soul is the best! 7.16.16 D&A

Sent on 08/01/2016

Total Soul's reply:

Thank you very much for your note, and treating the band so nicely at your wedding. It was a fabulous wedding! All the best to the two of you for many years of health and happiness! Jeff

Matthew · Married on 07/09/2016

BEST WEDDING BAND EVER! Total Soul was amazing. Our guests barely even ate their dinners because nobody wanted to get off the dance floor! From the moment they started playing, every song was a hit and the atmosphere was pure party. They sounded fantastic, and their singers also came and performed in the crowd sometimes. Mananger Jeff was fantastic to work with leading up the event. He was always prompt with responding to all my emails, and was very organized. He played all the songs we wanted, and also gave us a musician to use for our ceremony. Their lighting design was also fantastic. For north Jersey wedding bands, you are not going to get a better deal then Total Soul. Their price was a lot less than other similar bands. I would absolutely recommend using them for your wedding!

The music that “Total Soul” put out is incredible and it shows both the dedication and chemistry involved. Your ability to bridge generations between fabulous Motown and classic R and B and rock and roll from years past, with the pop and top 40 of today is amazing I am not blowing smoke, as I have personally been a big fan of Motown and beach music for a long time, but you guys consistently perform those songs as well or better than the original artists. All of the vocalists, male and female, without exception, are amazing. Each one contributes in different ways but all incredibly talented. The timing and quality of your back up musicians---horns, keyboard, guitar, percussion, is also, frankly, pretty amazing.

Because of my work, I attend and have attended many corporate functions and large parties, with some good bands, often in Las Vegas. I have also been lucky to attend some wonderful weddings with good music. However, when it comes to putting out music that people love to dance to, with the energy that you guys perform it, no band that I have heard cranks it up better than you guys. These sentiments were echoed, in some form, by so many of our gusts who danced the night away with you guys.

Travelling from New York to Sarasota, Florida, on little sleep, to perform on the beach, with the amazing stage set up and sound and equipment backup of the size that was there, was amazing. The logistics of providing for and having ready all of the equipment had to present challenges but it was all seamless. Coordinating the music to the fireworks, going out of your way to learn a couple of songs that we asked be played that I can’t possibly be on anyone’s playlist, (and then performing them so well ) were all just part of what made the night so special. Your particular hard work, to put it all together, went above and beyond. Many have no idea of the time and organization needed to pull it all off the way you did.

Hiring Total Soul was the BEST DECISION we made during wedding planning! We originally saw the band at a friend's wedding two years before. As soon as we got engaged, we knew we wanted to hire them. Despite the fact that they are from NY and our wedding was in Philadelphia, they had no problem traveling. From the start, Jeff was so receptive to my emails. We were engaged for 17 months and during that time, Jeff happily responded to my (many) emails and questions. Total Soul was so flexible! They were even happy to make changes when we requested different songs only a week before the wedding - they are truly AMAZING. The amount of energy they brought to our dance floor was unreal! We had people dancing the ENITRE time and their music was popular for people of all ages. So many of our guests have told us that they've never seen a wedding with so much dancing and said that Total Soul was the best band they have ever seen at a wedding! Their value is too good to be true - similar bands in our area are charging upwards of $12,000! Thank you Total Soul - you are very highly recommended by us!

Mary · Married on 09/12/2015

If you want a short review then I can give one: Book Total Soul now.

If you want details, then continue.

My wife and I set our date 2.5 yrs after we got engaged. This mean we had plenty of time to research and plan every aspect of the wedding, including the band. The band was something I really wanted so she let me do the planning. I definitely wanted a live band but I wanted a band that was talented and different (I looked at a lot of bands and a great majority were generic cover bands that played the same songs in the same ways and were mostly impossible to differentiate). These guys popped out the second I checked out one of their videos. After contacting Jeff, things only got better. They were incredibly easy to talk to and coordinate. They helped us go see them live so we could hear them live in a party setting which not many bands were willing to do. In terms of our day, they came in, set up, and rocked the house. No exaggeration, every person we talked to as we made our rounds told us how much fun they were having and how great the band was. The night just would not have been the same without them. Among some of the highlights were "Rolling in the Deep", "Ain't to Proud To Beg", and "The Twist". The best was "Shout" which everyone has been talking about since the wedding. I can't say enough about how nice they were and how professional they handled us and themselves. Once again, book Total Soul now!

Kendra · Married on 08/29/2015

STOP LOOKING AND BOOK THIS BAND NOW!!!!!!! As a bride - I know this is horrible but I don't care - I barely talked to my guests, ate or even took a sip of alcohol cause I never left the dance floor!!!!! And honestly, either did many of our guests. Luckily, my husband, family and friends are all big dancers so this was truly the hit of the Wedding and Total Soul crushed it, leaving everything on the dance floor. Jeff was so amazing to work with, communicating with him was such a breeze, always answering my questions right away. We even gave them a brand new song to learn the Wednesday before our Saturday wedding and they learned it (now he didn't guarantee that they could play it live but, boy did they kill it!!!) I cannot emphasize enough that if you're a dancing crowd you NEED to hire Total Soul!!!!! Just a side note - the band doesn't play until they eat so make sure you coordinate with your caterer/planner so they are aware of when you want them to play to ensure they are feed prior!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Total Soul's reply:

Kendra- thank you for the glowing review! It was an outstanding party, especially after we opened up the dance floor. Yes, it was true that we there was no dancing before the dinner plates were picked up, but that was because we were instructed not to play anything above a whisper by one of the parents before dinner was done, so we opted to play very quiet background instrumental music. You are correct, most venues do not feed the vendors until all of the guests have eaten (this causes a delay sometimes because the venues are not always quick about serving the vendors), so I agree that this is a good recommendation for future couples to request that the vendors are fed quickly. Your guests were dying for dance music after they ate because were asked not to dance everyone before dinner so that everyone could talk. The guests were ready to explode, so when we hit the stage, that's exactly what happened and everyone danced the night away! Typically, we will have a long dance set before dinner after the formalities finish (after the intros, first dance, parent dances and toasts). That first set usually lasts until the entree is served, and could be as much as an hour long. All the best to you and John for many years of health and happiness!!!

We hired Total Soul for our June 26th wedding. We really wanted a band that would have our guests up and dancing all night. That is exactly what they did!!! Our guests loved them. Jeff was great and very professional. Any questions or concerns we had he answered. They made our wedding a night to never forget.

Sent on 07/08/2015

Total Soul's reply:

Jennifer- your wedding at The Newark Club was surely a night to remember. The guests seemed to especially enjoy singing and dancing to Jersey Girl, and your First Dance "Love Someone" was a great choice! I want to wish you and Graham many years of health and happiness! Jeff

Patricia · Married on 06/20/2015

We had so much fun with Total Soul at our wedding! They kept the dance floor packed all night long! Jeff and the Band were also amazing to work with and made sure all our requests were met. We couldn't have asked for a better experience and we would HIGHLY recommend Total to Soul to any couple!

Patricia · Married on 02/21/2015

Total Soul was more than anything my husband and I could have asked for at our wedding! Our guests were dancing on the way to their tables, before dinner, during dinner, and throughout the entire night!! We had 208 guests at our wedding, and at least 190 of them were on the dance floor the entire night!! Their range of music catered to all ages and kept the dance floor packed! We had guests tell us, our parents, and family that this was the best wedding they have ever been too! This was definitely because of Total Soul's ability to perform and continue the party the entire night!! Their flexibility during planning of the wedding was amazing, Jeff, the manager of the band, was very easy to work with and made me feel relaxed every step of the way. I would recommend this band over and over again! Get ready to dance!!!! :)

Caroline · Married on 10/04/2014

TOTAL SOUL IS THE BEST! I had the most amazing wedding and it would not have been the same without Total Soul. My guests could not stop talking about how awesome the band was and it was clear to me as no one EVER left the dance floor. At one point, early in the evening the power went out and the band made sure this did not dampen the mood. They invited everyone up and sang acapella in the dark!

In the planning process, Jeff was so friendly and kind. He provided a sound system for our ceremony and then made sure the party rocked all night long. We planned out songs I wanted to here and those I did not. He also helped me make a timeline of events for the afternoon/evening that I used with my other vendors. I cannot rave about Total Soul enough. Trust me, Total Soul is worth EVERY penny.

Robin · Married on 07/26/2014

Total Soul was one of the best parts about our wedding. I have seen them at three other weddings prior to ours and each time they absolutely kill the performance!! They are so good and the crowd loves them. Jeff was so easy to work with and was very responsive with any emails or calls. Everything went smoothly with them. They are very reliable and worth every penny. All of our guests won't stop talking about how awesome the band was! Thank you so much to all of you. You were so much fun!

Sent on 07/30/2014

Total Soul's reply:

ArtsQuest was an awesome venue for a wedding. The band really enjoyed performing for your guests. There was a lot of energy in the room to feed of of. All the best to you and Justin in the future! Jeff

Total Soul is an amazing wedding/event band. Jeff was very easy to work with, responsive and had a great demeanor about any question or request my family or I had. The band members are very talented and I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/16/2014

Total Soul's reply:

Thanks, and best wishes for many years of health and happiness! Jeff

Jon · Married on 05/17/2014

Total Soul Party was incredible, they know how to keep everyone on the dance floor having a great time. We also had the keyboardist play our ceremony and we hand picked songs they placed perfectly.

Leading up to it I dealt with Jeff who was always quick to respond and very helpful. There is no comparison to their band in terms of value, professionalism, and overall service.

The band played everything we asked for and helped make the wedding incredible.

We both would 100% recommend this band to anyone who is getting married.

Emily · Married on 05/17/2014

Total soul *made* our wedding! We were nervous booking a live band without having a chance to hear them live (though Total soul let us know about opportunities, we weren't able to make any because of our own busy schedule). But they were awesome. Jeff was incredibly responsive and easy to work with leading up to the wedding. The day of they were amazing! Several of my guests were professional musicians themselves, and they remarked on how tight the vocals were. Often event bands fudge the backing vocals, but Total soul had incredible intonation and close harmony. They played a great mix of current hits and classic dancing tunes. They got everyone on the dance floor and kept them there. Highly recommended!

Amy · Married on 10/19/2013

Total Soul lived up to and far exceeded any and all expectations I had! Jeff was so professional and easy to work with. The band barely took breaks; I don't remember hearing even one recorded song. Everyone at our wedding was on the dance floor the entire night. It was difficult to get everyone seated for dinner! We feel so lucky to have found total soul and have them play at our wedding. Thank you!!

Sent on 10/27/2013

Total Soul's reply:

Amy- The band really appreciated your hospitality. It was also great working with you in preparation for your special day. All the best to you in the future!

Gena · Married on 10/12/2013

Total Soul is a great band. They made the wedding so much fun and all my guest raved about them!!

Sent on 10/27/2013

Total Soul's reply:

Gena, Thanks to you and Chris for treating the band as part of your family. You guys really now how to throw a great party, and The Manor was a perfect choice as a venue for your reception. Thanks again for choosing Total Soul! Best wishes, Jeff