Total Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Jessica M. Married on 06/12/2021

Best DJ compay despite the chaotic times!

We absolutely loved working with Jay and his crew! We ended up booking Matt for our small backyard ceremony and everyone had nothing but great things to say about him! He was calm as a cucumber despite all the chaos of a backyard wedding and made the perfect mix of music for us. We can't wait to have them back for our larger wedding in summer of 2021!

Total Events's reply:

We will be ready for the BIG PARTY next year Jess, in the meantime it was so beautiful to handle your intimate family affair as well. Soon enough, we'll be celebrating again. All the best to you both!
    Tisha D. Married on 05/15/2021

Best experience ever!

From the very first phone call down to the very last email, which was two days before our wedding, Total Events was top notch! Jay Raven is completely laid back but at the same time totally professional. He matched us with our DJ Matt after just that first phone call and he completely nailed it! Matt was amazing!!! He showed up early just to make sure everything was just right and with how stressed I was because I was running late, he was a complete Godsend! They go over every single detail to make sure that you have the perfect day and it paid off! It was perfect! They throw one hell of a party and you will NOT be disappointed!!!

Total Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words and sharing your experience with Total Events Tisha! A great time was had by all, including the staff!
    Brittany P. Married on 05/10/2021

Great time, all around!

Jay and Derek were super easy to work with! They were extremely flexible as we changed plans due to COVID-19 restrictions.
    Jay sold us with his down-to-earth demeanor the first time we spoke to him. Derek really rolled with the punches the day of the wedding! He played a good range of the songs we requested and threw in some great choices based on our taste!

Total Events's reply:

Thank you so much for having us Brittany & Kenny, so much fun to be with you both! It was an honor to be a part of your celebration...:)
  • Sara
    Sara M. Married on 09/19/2020

Book Them- ask for Matt

We had our wedding through all of the new found uncertainty with Covid on 9.19.20. Total events made us feel comfortable and helped us throw one hell of a party! Matt was amazing and brought our reception to life! He knew just what we wanted to hear and got everyone up and dancing! It was a beautiful night and so fun during such difficult times! Big shout out to Total Events (Jay and Matt)!
    Thanks again!
    The Marchitto’s

Total Events's reply:

It was so nice to work with you Sara & Mark! Thank you so much for your review and for your trust in Total Events for your wedding day!
    Brooke V. Married on 09/19/2020

Professional and fun

Jay and Derrick were so professional, and fun! They did a great job. I would highly recommend this company for your wedding or event.

Total Events's reply:

So wonderful to be a part of your reception and planning, and all in less than thirty days! Congratulations Brooke and George!!!
  • Lisa
    Lisa A. Married on 09/05/2020

Vendor Appreciation

As the owner of Creative concepts by Lisa event planning and design I had the opportunity to work with Total events and their owner Dj Ray, the day of the event we were in the midst of COVID-19, and a black out due to the recent tropical storm. Our DJ, DJ Matt, did a wonderful job following all the Covid rules and regulations as well as the regulations that the venue had to follow due to noise ordinances in their area for an outside event. Matt was very professional and very communicative with me throughout the night and I cannot thank him enough. Hire a professional DJ!

Total Events's reply:

Thank you Lisa! It was wonderful working with you and your Creative Concepts team! I especially appreciated your open communication and focus on bringing all the details together to ensure a great evening for our shared client. Your up to the minute coronavirus restriction and CDC recommended guidance observance was very helpful for all. We look forward to future events together...:)
  • Z
    Zachary F. Married on 08/07/2020

The Perfect Day!

My wife and i had our wedding on Friday August 7, 2020 at Madison Beach Hotel in Madison, CT. Due to COVID, we had to drastically and sadly cut our guest list down to 40 immediate family members. We also had to change our venue, so we pretty much started the wedding planning process over. Throughout all the hard decisions and changes, Total Events stuck with us for our modified wedding. They worked so well with our new wedding Planner and new venue, even when there was a power outage due to Hurricane Isaias that threatened to alter our wedding. During our new planning process, Total Events actually reached out to us to see what our plans were during the COVID pandemic. We were so busy deciding what to do about our venue and guest list, that hearing from Total Events was comforting and reassuring. Due to our venue and guest list change, we had to reduce our sound system needs. The owner Jay was more than accommodating regarding the sound system modifications and price change due to the smaller wedding.
    Before our wedding day, we had a conference call with Jay and our DJ Matt, going over ceremony and reception logistics. Jay and Matt guided us through it all. During our wedding day, Jay and Matt set up our event sound system, and throughout our wedding night, Matt handled our ceremony and reception music flawlessly. All the critical songs were played at the right times, such as the cake cutting song, mother/son dance, etc. Matt checked in on my wife and I throughout our wedding reception to see how things were going and if we needed anything. Matt was more than accomodating to our families music requests, especially our young nieces/nephew’s song requests. Throughout the night, Matt reminded our guests about the important COVID related requirements, such as masks wearing while going to the bar or restroom. As a public health professional, i greatly appreciated that!
    Even with our small-micro wedding, Matt still made it feel like a lively event. Our families were dancing and having a great time to all the tunes we chose. Our modified wedding day was perfect, and Total Events played a massive role in it.
    My wife and I highly recommend Total Events. We can’t thank Jay and Matt enough for their role in making our day perfect.

Total Events's reply:

Thank you Zachary & Jessica! Through all the challenges our main focus was always your celebration and we were so proud to do our part. Your happiness and joy regardless of Covid, a reduced guest list, and the unbelievable power outage that once again changed the plan lol...you two never wavered, always hopeful, always all in, always so ready to be wed! How could we do anything but meet your enthusiasm and your determination to make this an evening to remember always! So happy to have been there with you both every step of the way...:) Many wishes of success and happiness to you both!
    Kimberly Married on 09/14/2019

They were quick to respond to our request , we very well priced, were punctual, and had good equipment. They had a wide variety music available. Would hire again in a heartbeat!
    Kenneth I. Married on 08/17/2019

Total Events made me their priority.

Total Events made me feel like I was their number one priority...Because I was.
    Jay Raven and the amazing team took care of me and more importantly they made my guests feel the same. I would recommend them to friend.
    Cheryl M. Married on 08/10/2019

Amazing, wonderful experience!

Our wedding experience was better than we could have asked for. Jesse was very accommodating, professional and fun! Christian and Leah did a great job working at the photo booth. The photo book was a great added touch! Jay made the venue look amazing with all the lighting. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a stress free event.... They covered it all!
    Bill H. Married on 07/09/2019

Superb Experience

It's always encouraging to find a company that goes up and beyond what they say they are going to do and takes pride in their work.. It was nice to work with someone that wanted our event to be as successful as we did and ensure that everything went off with not even the smallest hiccup..

This was for a huge Jack & Jill (~250 people) event and Jay was onsite first thing in the day to set up the tent, Matt was there early to ensure that all went smooth with the music and the whole afternoon/eventing was a tremendous success. The upcast lighting that Jay placed around the location was just the cherry on top of the sundae throughout the evening and every single person had a blast.. Kudos to Jay Raven and Matt for their hard work and dedication for making everything great.
  • Shauna
    Shauna C. Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing DJ's

We are SO happy we went with Total Events for our wedding. From the start, they were so helpful with everything we needed. When I first spoke to Jay, I told him the ideas of what we wanted our wedding to be like and what kind of vibe we were looking for. He and our dj, Matt, we so helpful every step of the way. We used Total Events for both DJ and photo booth services, and both were fantastic. People have not stopped telling us how fun our wedding was, mainly due to the fact that the dance floor was packed all night! We can’t say enough good things about them, I would give them my highest recommendation!
  • Cody
    Cody R. Married on 06/15/2019

Very easy to work with!

Wow! Total Events was amazing with helping us out with our wedding!! We ran into some issues with our previous DJ and decided to make a switch last minute (less than a week before the wedding!). Jay from Total Events got back to me right away and let me know they could help out. Due to the short time frame we were able to Skype and figure out a plan. Jay was available for me whenever I needed him and helped me through the process! We got many many comments on how great the DJ (Jay Raven) was and the dance floor was packed all night! We were so pleased with Total Events and highly recommend them for anyone in the future! Thanks for making our wedding amazing!
    Bradley D. Married on 05/24/2019

Made our wedding.

The dj was AMAZING. Made our wedding the special day we wanted. Very easy to work with and very professional
  • Matthew
    Matthew S. Married on 04/10/2019

Stop Looking and Book Today!!

We had the most amazing time on our big day! John Cardona exceeded expectations and kept us partying all night long! He is a pro and you can tell he loves what he does! Devan and Chris worked the crazy awesome inflatable photo booth and were kind and fun to all guests that night! The Uplighting lit the floor beautifully and the night was perfect and fun! Total Events is one stop shopping and the way to go for everything you need!
  • Brett
    Brett S. Married on 03/22/2019

Professional Entertainment at a Rockin' Reasonable Price!

There was no doubt in my mind which company I was going to hire for my March 2019 wedding. I had been to weddings before and have witnessed first hand how incredible Total Events were. In my personal opinion, the prices were very very good. They offer anything you can think of such as DJ entertainment, Photo Booth and spectacular lighting/strobes (all of which I had included in my package deal.) Jay, the owner was exceptionally helpful! He went above and beyond to make sure I had everything I wanted for my wedding without any questions. Our DJ, John Cardona had all our guests rockin and rollin out on the dance floor the entire night and did an amazing job announcing certain details and announcements throughout the night with our approval. I had been waiting for my wedding day for so long and I couldn't have done it without Total Events by my side. I can't describe how incredibly happy myself and my wife were with the outcome and the professionalism all of the staff members of Total Events. I will keep recommending this company years and years on down the road to family & friends. Thank you Total Events for making my wedding day special, we will never forget what you did for us and it means the world to us!
    Danielle W. Married on 10/30/2018

Amazing experience. Very accommodating & professional. Would definetely recommend them.

They listened to our wants & envision and made sure it happened. The DJ Matt was extremely helpful with our requests and wishes, he was willing to do anything to make our day what we wanted it to be. The photo booth ran by Christian & Michelle was an absolute blast and was loved by all our guests. Was an extra special surprise to get the special album at the end. Would recommend Total CT Events to anyone!
    Jennifer L. Married on 10/13/2018

Full Service - How can you go anywhere else?

We decided to book a DJ for our event last minute. Jay (owner) took excellent care of us in booking for our Reunion, making sure we had everything we needed in the planning process, and following up to make sure we wee satisfied. The décor lighting package really added that special touch with blue uplighting. I had no idea what to expect, but it came out amazing! Our DJ, Joe, was very accommodating - he was sweet and did everything we asked. We didn’t announce anything, but we sure gave requests. He even found a super-obscure song to play for us to the crowd’s delight! Thank you soooo much!! They really came through for us in the clutch!
  • Eve
    Eve M. Married on 09/08/2018

Wedding DJ

Jay did a wonderful job coordinating everything. Jesse was awesome!!! We all had a wonderful time!
    Shauna Married on 09/07/2018
    Total Events was amazing to work with! We used them for music and uplighting at our wedding. Jay and Matt were on top of everything, highly knowledgable and Matt kept the dance floor going all night at our wedding! We received so many compliments about Matt and the music from our wedding! Both Matt and Jay were incredibly responsive throughout the planning process and were extremely helpful and accommodating! Total Events went above and beyond, from the very first meeting to our wedding day! We had an awesome experience working with Total Events and we highly highly recommend Total Events for weddings or any special event! Thanks again!
    Donna Married on 06/08/2018
    When we were looking for a DJ for our wedding it was hard! you want someone who can make the party a huge success!!! My husband and I could not be more please with the results from Total Events!!!! Our DJ Derrick was awesome!!! I tossed curve balls at him with last minute changes and everything could not have gone smoother!!! He had everyone dancing the entire event!!!! He checked in to make sure everything was good and if we needed anything. we would highly recommend this company!!! totally professional from beginning to end. in the days after the wedding we had so many guest tell us how much fun they had and the music was great!!! If you are looking for a DJ don't wait head to their website www.TotalEventsCT.com you won't regret it I promise you that!!!!!!
    Kelly Married on 06/02/2018
    We had a great experience working with Total Events CT as our DJ for our wedding. From the time we initially met with Jay we knew we would go with him. He understood our vibe and worked with us on every detail right up until the wedding. Our actual DJ was Matt, who did a great job. He had the dance floor going from the start to the very end of the night, which is exactly what we wanted. They were professional and great to work with; we highly recommend them!
    Kristyn Married on 11/25/2017
    Total Events is a class act! From the day we met with Jay, we knew immediately his company had the knowledge and experience to get the crowd on their feet and keep the party dancing! We spoke with Jay and Matt our DJ a couple of times before the wedding to go through all the details and discuss the different genres of music we wanted to appeal to all the guests. Matt provided the perfect sound track for our special day, we couldn’t have been happier! These guys are funny, entertaining and extremely professional. Devin and Lexi ran the photo tower for our event. It was a huge hit, they brought along many props and all the photos in the album made for a fun guest book keepsake! We had an awesome experience with Total Events and you will too!
    Stephanie Married on 10/21/2017
    Total Events absolutely nailed it! The music was perfect all night thanks to DJ Matt Sirois and our guests had a blast at the photo booth. We can’t say enough about how perfect they helped make our big day!