Total Events Reviews

Total Events 1
Total Events 2

Bill Hochsprung · Getting married on 07/09/2019

Superb Experience

It's always encouraging to find a company that goes up and beyond what they say they are going to do and takes pride in their work.. It was nice to work with someone that wanted our event to be as successful as we did and ensure that everything went off with not even the smallest hiccup..

This was for a huge Jack & Jill (~250 people) event and Jay was onsite first thing in the day to set up the tent, Matt was there early to ensure that all went smooth with the music and the whole afternoon/eventing was a tremendous success. The upcast lighting that Jay placed around the location was just the cherry on top of the sundae throughout the evening and every single person had a blast.. Kudos to Jay Raven and Matt for their hard work and dedication for making everything great.

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • Cody

Cody Rayher · Married on 06/15/2019

Very easy to work with!

Wow! Total Events was amazing with helping us out with our wedding!! We ran into some issues with our previous DJ and decided to make a switch last minute (less than a week before the wedding!). Jay from Total Events got back to me right away and let me know they could help out. Due to the short time frame we were able to Skype and figure out a plan. Jay was available for me whenever I needed him and helped me through the process! We got many many comments on how great the DJ (Jay Raven) was and the dance floor was packed all night! We were so pleased with Total Events and highly recommend them for anyone in the future! Thanks for making our wedding amazing!

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Brett

Brett Storey · Married on 03/22/2019

Professional Entertainment at a Rockin' Reasonable Price!

There was no doubt in my mind which company I was going to hire for my March 2019 wedding. I had been to weddings before and have witnessed first hand how incredible Total Events were. In my personal opinion, the prices were very very good. They offer anything you can think of such as DJ entertainment, Photo Booth and spectacular lighting/strobes (all of which I had included in my package deal.) Jay, the owner was exceptionally helpful! He went above and beyond to make sure I had everything I wanted for my wedding without any questions. Our DJ, John Cardona had all our guests rockin and rollin out on the dance floor the entire night and did an amazing job announcing certain details and announcements throughout the night with our approval. I had been waiting for my wedding day for so long and I couldn't have done it without Total Events by my side. I can't describe how incredibly happy myself and my wife were with the outcome and the professionalism all of the staff members of Total Events. I will keep recommending this company years and years on down the road to family & friends. Thank you Total Events for making my wedding day special, we will never forget what you did for us and it means the world to us!

Sent on 04/08/2019

Danielle Wolak · Married on 10/30/2018

Amazing experience. Very accommodating & professional. Would definetely recommend them.

They listened to our wants & envision and made sure it happened. The DJ Matt was extremely helpful with our requests and wishes, he was willing to do anything to make our day what we wanted it to be. The photo booth ran by Christian & Michelle was an absolute blast and was loved by all our guests. Was an extra special surprise to get the special album at the end. Would recommend Total CT Events to anyone!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Jennifer Labbadia-Colon · Married on 10/13/2018

Full Service - How can you go anywhere else?

We decided to book a DJ for our event last minute. Jay (owner) took excellent care of us in booking for our Reunion, making sure we had everything we needed in the planning process, and following up to make sure we wee satisfied. The décor lighting package really added that special touch with blue uplighting. I had no idea what to expect, but it came out amazing! Our DJ, Joe, was very accommodating - he was sweet and did everything we asked. We didn’t announce anything, but we sure gave requests. He even found a super-obscure song to play for us to the crowd’s delight! Thank you soooo much!! They really came through for us in the clutch!

Sent on 10/26/2018
    Total Events 3
    Total Events 4
  • Eve

Eve McIntosh · Married on 09/08/2018

Wedding DJ

Jay did a wonderful job coordinating everything. Jesse was awesome!!! We all had a wonderful time!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Shauna · Married on 09/07/2018

Total Events was amazing to work with! We used them for music and uplighting at our wedding. Jay and Matt were on top of everything, highly knowledgable and Matt kept the dance floor going all night at our wedding! We received so many compliments about Matt and the music from our wedding! Both Matt and Jay were incredibly responsive throughout the planning process and were extremely helpful and accommodating! Total Events went above and beyond, from the very first meeting to our wedding day! We had an awesome experience working with Total Events and we highly highly recommend Total Events for weddings or any special event! Thanks again!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Donna · Married on 06/08/2018

When we were looking for a DJ for our wedding it was hard! you want someone who can make the party a huge success!!! My husband and I could not be more please with the results from Total Events!!!! Our DJ Derrick was awesome!!! I tossed curve balls at him with last minute changes and everything could not have gone smoother!!! He had everyone dancing the entire event!!!! He checked in to make sure everything was good and if we needed anything. we would highly recommend this company!!! totally professional from beginning to end. in the days after the wedding we had so many guest tell us how much fun they had and the music was great!!! If you are looking for a DJ don't wait head to their website www.TotalEventsCT.com you won't regret it I promise you that!!!!!!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Kelly · Married on 06/02/2018

We had a great experience working with Total Events CT as our DJ for our wedding. From the time we initially met with Jay we knew we would go with him. He understood our vibe and worked with us on every detail right up until the wedding. Our actual DJ was Matt, who did a great job. He had the dance floor going from the start to the very end of the night, which is exactly what we wanted. They were professional and great to work with; we highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Kristyn · Married on 11/25/2017

Total Events is a class act! From the day we met with Jay, we knew immediately his company had the knowledge and experience to get the crowd on their feet and keep the party dancing! We spoke with Jay and Matt our DJ a couple of times before the wedding to go through all the details and discuss the different genres of music we wanted to appeal to all the guests. Matt provided the perfect sound track for our special day, we couldn’t have been happier! These guys are funny, entertaining and extremely professional. Devin and Lexi ran the photo tower for our event. It was a huge hit, they brought along many props and all the photos in the album made for a fun guest book keepsake! We had an awesome experience with Total Events and you will too!

Sent on 11/30/2017

Stephanie · Married on 10/21/2017

Total Events absolutely nailed it! The music was perfect all night thanks to DJ Matt Sirois and our guests had a blast at the photo booth. We can’t say enough about how perfect they helped make our big day!

Sent on 05/21/2018

mike · Married on 08/14/2017

Stop wondering if Total Events is any good...They are the best!!! From first inquiring to after wedding is over, Total Events, Jay Raven and Dj Derek make it incredibly easy to plan your wedding without issues. Jay was always quick to respond to any questions we may have had and after talking to him a couple of times he put Dj Derek on as our Dj. I can not say enough about how great Dj Derek is, He showed up early, set up quickly and was very professional. The up lighting was great, made the room change colors and some cool pictures. The music was incredible. Everyone from my 80 year old father to my 20 year old niece commented on how great the music was. Dj Derek is amazing at playing music that everyone wants to hear, something I didn't think was possible. But he pulled it off with ease. Dj Derek went beyond being just a Dj with constantly checking with us to see if everything was going ok or if we needed anything. I could go on and on but just save yourself the time and stop looking for a Dj, up lighting or photo booth, just go to ctprodj.com and book with Jay and Dj Derek now before someone else gets your date. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 08/15/2017

Jane + Jon · Married on 07/01/2017

Jay was great to work with. From the initial contact he was always quick to reply and very helpful. We do not live in CT, but that was never a problem. Jay made it easy to discuss our event over the phone. Their website made it easy to select music we wanted in the months leading up to our wedding. On the day of the wedding Matt did a great job keeping everyone on the dance floor! Easy to work with, responsive, reasonably priced - a total win.

Sent on 07/26/2017

Total Events's reply:

Thanks guys! Planning your wedding event can be stressful enough, picking out colors, flowers, invitations, seating charts, etc! Once you've selected the right entertainment company however, the fun will be easy! Let us help you make your day perfect...:)

Colin · Married on 06/24/2017

Jay, Matt and Total Events were awesome to work with throughout the wedding process and set the prefect soundtrack to our perfect day. We met with Jay and could tell right off the bat that he had the knowledge, experience and personality to understand what we wanted and how to make that vision happen for the wedding day. The online system that Total Events uses was really easy to use and super helpful for us because it ensured no details were missed, and allowed us to show our personality through our music choices. We also had a pretty complex set up with three sound systems needed as well as lighting to be provided by Total Events. Having all of that taken care of by one team made it nice and easy and the lighting was an absolutely perfect accent to the room (which made for some great pictures).

I would say I’m a control freak when it comes to music and Matt and Jay understood and accommodated a bunch of my requests, questions and concerns leading up to and on the day itself. Matt played the songs that meant the most to us, avoided the songs we hate while keeping the energy high on the dance floor all night. People were literally getting up between meal courses because they wanted to keep dancing, and we have never danced so much in one night. We would definitely recommend Total Events for your day as they will take good care of you and make sure you and your guests have a wedding you’ll remember forever!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Total Events's reply:

It was a wonderful night! What a beautiful setting and lovely couple, Colin & Melanie... we had a blast! Thank you!

Katlyn · Married on 06/10/2017

Everything was amazing! Everyone had a blast dancing the day away. We got so many comments from guests about how much they loved the music. Right from the beginning everything was a breeze to set up and everyone was wonderful to work with! Jesse had all sorts of dance moves and kept the party going!

Sent on 06/14/2017

Steven · Married on 06/04/2017

Easy to get along with very professional would reccomend him for anyone looking for a dj.

Sent on 06/06/2017

Jenna · Married on 11/12/2016

My husband and I used Total Events for DJ and photo booth at our wedding 12/2016 and were so happy we did! The owner Jay was able to speak with us after hours to explain a bit about the company and the process, but was not pushy at all. We were set up to have Matt as our DJ and were thrilled with his work. His organization of the songs helped keep everyone dancing throughout the entire event. We were also able to speak with Matt before the wedding to discuss some specifics we were looking for. He was happy to hear our thoughts and implement our requests. We received multiple compliments on not only the music but also Matt. He was professionally present - made announcements we asked him to make but did not use the mic too much to take away from the music. The photo tower was a huge hit and they even gave us a booklet as part of the package with pictures from the book. Guests were able to write on the pages, so it was more personal. After the wedding, we emailed Jay to see if we could get the pictures in another format so we could make copies or enlarge them and the disk was sent very promptly. My only regret is that we didn't book the reception and Total Events for longer! I would absolutely use Total Events again in the future.

Sent on 12/08/2016

Daniel · Married on 11/06/2016

I do not have enough good things to say about Total Events and Jay Raven, the DJ at my wedding. He was thoroughly professional and easy to work with. Concerning the DJ aspect of the wedding, he made it so there was zero stress going into our big day. After two brief meetings with him, we were ecstatic to find that the music for the entire day of our wedding, including introductions and announcements, were all taken care of. From the moment dinner was over until the final song, he kept the dance floor packed with our guests, who are of all ages. Without a doubt, we would hire Mr. Raven and his crew again in a heartbeat.

Even more so, I highly recommend requesting Jesse for the uplighting! He did an amazing job. It made the room pop and the amount of compliments we received from our guests were high. It was a classy yet extremely fun addition.

Thank you Jay Raven, Jesse, and Total Events to help make our wedding a day we will surely never forget!

Sent on 11/25/2016

Lauren · Married on 10/28/2016

Jay Raven and his team (especially Derrick) were absolutely phenomenal with giving my husband and I the party atmosphere that we wanted! We have had a DJ switch during the reception and it was seamless. There was a great mix of classics, 2000's and today's music which is exactly what we were looking for. We also had a photobooth and every one said what a big hit it was. Jay was always responsive, and a straight shooter which I really appreciated. We wish we could go back and relive it over and over again! Highly recommend Total Events and their services!

Sent on 11/29/2016

Kristin · Married on 10/15/2016

Jay was great! Easy to work with and kept the dance floor packed.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Michelle · Married on 10/14/2016

Matt from Total Events did and incredible job, our wedding was amazing and he is one of the main reasons. Excellent music, attention to detail, and overall just fun to be around! He was incredibly responsive in the planning phases, extremely personable, and flexible. He made sure everything went smooth and on time. Everyone danced the entire night and has a blast! I highly highly recommend Total Events for weddings and special occasions!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Amanda · Married on 10/08/2016

Matt and Jay were amazing. We met with Jay initially to talk about pricing, set up and how the process would work. He broke everything out nicely and even emailed us everything after the meeting. We had several calls with both men closer to the wedding and they helped walk us through every details.

The wedding went flawlessly. They set up with no problems, the music was fantastic and Matt kept everyone on the dance floor all night including myself who never dances. Literally I never dance and I danced. They were affordable and I would recommend them to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 12/03/2016

Angela · Married on 10/01/2016

Our experience with Matt from Total Events was fantastic! As our DJ, Matt went above and beyond to help my husband and I with our special day before and during the wedding. He was very down-to-earth and easy to work with, making sure to go over the details with us prior to the event so that he had a clear idea of what we were looking for. From the great selection of music (that had the crowd dancing all night long) to his friendly and knowledgeable demeanor, we're really happy to have chosen him as our DJ and couldn't recommend him enough.

Sent on 10/28/2016

Emily · Married on 09/17/2016

How do I even start to explain the amazing job Total Events did on our wedding this past weekend (September 17th, 2016). From the moment our DJ, Jay Raven, arrived to the venue to when he packed up his equipment, there was total professionalism. I had no doubt in my mind that everything would be perfect, and I was right!! Jay did an absolutely incredible job queuing me to start walking down the aisle with my dad, at the cocktail hour, announcing all of the bridal party, and engaging my guests to dance. The mix of music that was played was perfect and made our wedding 100% better; the dance floor was NEVER empty!!! Jay double checked with me on every request and diffused family situations for us without any stress!!! I am so grateful for Jay at Total Events! Without him, we never would have had the most perfect day that he created! I recommend Total Events for any event, especially weddings!!!! -Emily Briggs

Sent on 09/19/2016

Lauren · Married on 08/14/2016

Highly recommend Total Events, Jay Raven and the staff for your wedding entertainment. Everyone was very flexible and accommodating to all of our requests. Such a great party!

Sent on 08/27/2016