Top Tier Reviews

1 User Photo

Top Tier 1

Alaina Burford · Married on 10/27/2018

Best Band Ever

Wow!! This band made the night. All guests, age 7 to 70, were on the dance floor singing and dancing. They anticipated the whole night and knew exactly what to play and when to play it. It was an absolute blast!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Top Tier's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review, Alaina! We really appreciate it! We had a blast playing for your and Rob's wedding and wish you all the best!!

Marsha · Married on 09/15/2018

“What a great band!” That is what I heard over and over from guests after the wedding. Top Tier Band was not only played great music they kept the dance going. JD was so easy to work with, very professional, friendly, and delivered what we wanted. I cannot adequately express my gratitude for how much we appreciated and enjoyed Top Tier Band. I highly recommend this band, they will not disappoint! Marsha

Sent on 09/25/2018

Top Tier's reply:

Thank you so very much Marsha!! We had such a great time and truly appreciate you hiring us for the fun, awesome wedding! Everyone was so sweet. We wish you and the newlyweds all the best!

Nicholas · Married on 09/01/2018

Out of all of our vendors for the wedding, Top Tier was one of the easiest and most responsive to work with! I initially reached out to JD during our planning and he quickly responded with their price list and the different options they could provide. After getting caught up in other planning activities, JD emailed US to see if we were still interested as they had another request for the same day. We booked them immediately and are so glad we did! During the remainder of the planning process leading up to the wedding, JD made time to chat with us and get a feel for our ceremony and discuss the details that make things the day of so easy.

When it came to the day of, the band was so much fun! We absolutely loved that they could play jazz during dinner and then transition to more dance oriented tunes after. Everyone that came to the wedding was quick to say how good and how much fun the band was. They put music on during their set breaks, which we didn't even ask for, showing their dedication to providing a great experience. Both the singer and JD himself would wander out onto the dance floor during songs, which the crowd loved! We had a small contingent that danced until the very end, and it was definitely in part due to the great sound, energy and atmosphere Top Tier brings to their music.

Top Tier is the kind of vendor you WANT to work with; they are responsive, know what they're doing, and come prepared to put on a great show. Our only regret is not being able to afford the 6 or 8 piece!

Sent on 09/06/2018
    Top Tier 2

Top Tier's reply:

Nick, Thank you SO very much for the fantastic review and wonderful compliments and praise! We don't take that lightly and were honored to do whatever we could to make your wedding a success! I truly appreciate YOUR appreciation for what we do and how we handle business. We hope to see you and Rebecca again sometime! Thanks again and all the best! --JD

Rachel · Married on 09/01/2018

We could not have chosen a better wedding band for our wedding ceremony and reception. JD and his band are not only are fabulous musicians, but are truly good people. They want your day to be perfect and they certainly do more than their part to make that happen. JD is incredibly responsive and will answer your questions kindly and promptly (no matter how wedding-stress induced they may be). We had our ceremony in a park nearby the reception venue and the guitar prelude selection was perfect. JD lets you customize their set list and will even give advice with logistics. I was super appreciative for the help! At the reception, they kept the festivities flowing. From the bridal party introductions, to the toasts, to the beautiful dinner music, they were the glue between the moments. Guests were even dancing while waiting in line for food! It didn't end there! Our guests stayed on the dance floor the ENTIRE night. When Top Tier finished their "last song", shouts of "ONE MORE SONG" rang out and the band didn't disappoint. They finished the night with "Don't Stop Believin'" and both the band and our guests rocked out. It was amazing.
    I would also like to make a special shout out. This just shows how amazing these people are. I had completely overlooked the info sheet I gave JD. I didn't put down a song that my parents were going to dance to. It was a special request for their 30th wedding anniversary. They had practiced for a whole year so it meant a lot to them and to me. Understandably, JD didn't have the song. Who has "Papa Loves Mambo" on their device? No one. JD was so calm and collected when I ran up in a panic in an attempt to fix my mistake. JD was so reassuring, in what I'm sure was a frustrating situation, and found the song and MADE IT HAPPEN! Then played a perfect cover of my parents' wedding song "Happy Together". I can't thank them enough. I will recommend Top Tier to anyone looking for an event band!
    -Rachel and Dan Owsley 9/2/18

Sent on 09/11/2018

Top Tier's reply:

Rachel, I can't thank you enough for the wonderful, detailed, glowing review!! It truly means the world to me and the rest of the band!! It was my honor to work with you on your wedding details and do whatever I could to make it a fun-filled, stress-free, perfect day for you and Dan! Thanks again to both of you and we hope to see you again at a future event! Wishing you all the best! --JD

Abby · Married on 07/14/2018

We loved having Top Tier Band play at our wedding reception at Belle Meade Plantation! We also had their related company - Top Tier Events as our month-of wedding coordinating and can't recommend both companies highly enough! Throughout the entire process, JD (the band leader and MC) was very easy to communicate with. JD also attended all of the planning meetings we had with Top Tier Events which was so helpful, he was able to weigh in from the band/MC/audio perspective. We also rented a wireless microphone set up from Top Tier Band for our officiant (based on JD's recommendation because it was an outdoor ceremony). The reception went exactly to plan, and all of our guests had a great time on the dance floor thanks to the wonderful music Top Tier Band played!

Sent on 08/03/2018

Top Tier's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review Abby! We truly appreciate it! Carolyn and I thoroughly enjoyed working with you throughout the wedding planning process! You're very detailed-oriented so it made our jobs that much easier! :) We loved seeing the dance floor full throughout the evening. Congratulations to you and Ben---we wish you all the best!!

Dane · Married on 06/30/2018

Top Tier was AWESOME at my wedding party! They bring a high energy, they have great song selections covering multiple genres, and the musicians are super talented! They also bring a professional attitude and an ability to learn new songs for your specific event if requested ahead of time. I give them two thumbs up and five stars! I recommend them for anyone looking for a solid and entertaining band.

Sent on 07/06/2018

Top Tier's reply:

Thank you so very much Dane! We sincerely appreciate the wonderful compliments! We had a fantastic time playing for your wedding celebration and wish you and Kielee all the best in your blessed future together!

Michelle · Married on 05/27/2018

Top Tier performed at our wedding in May of 2018. They were great! We were getting compliments on our band choice while sitting at dinner before they'd even begun the real show. JD & company did a great job of reading the crowd and keeping everyone on the dance floor all night through the song selections. We couldn't have been more pleased with how the night went!

I'll also add that the process of booking, planning, and everything else that comes along with arranging for a vendor to be at your wedding went very smoothly. They were very responsive, reached out to us for any information they needed, and were always professional--which are qualities you need in a vendor with all the different "to-do" items on a wedding planning list.

Thank you JD & Top Tier!

Sent on 06/01/2018

Top Tier's reply:

Thank you so very much Michelle for the fantastic review and for hiring us to be a part of your wonderful wedding! We truly appreciate it! You were so great to work with as well and we had a blast playing for your wedding. We wish you and Tyler all the best, and thanks again for having Top Tier provide the entertainment for your big day!
  • W

William · Married on 05/19/2018

Looking for the right band to send everyone home with a smile? Stop looking and set your date around The Top Tier Band's availability. It's the morning after and I still have visions of our bride and groom playing keyboards with the band to Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'." There only mistake was inviting me to front them for "Twist and Shout." JD is very responsive and professional and I'd do it all over again. Thanks Top Tier!

Sent on 05/20/2018

Top Tier's reply:

Bill, thank you so very much for the wonderful review and praise! We had a fantastic time playing for Elizabeth and Gabe's wedding! Having Elizabeth play keyboards with us on "Don't Stop Believin'" and having you and her sing "Twist and Shout" with us was a total blast! We wish you and the newlyweds all the best!

Elizabeth · Married on 05/19/2018

My husband, our families and I had the time of our lives dancing the night away with the Top Tier Band. They accommodated a number of special requests, including allowing me to play keyboard and my dad to sing "Twist and Shout." Because of them, it was the most fun and memorable reception I could have asked for. JD is organized and responsive throughout the process. You can't go wrong with Top Tier!

Sent on 06/15/2018

Top Tier's reply:

Thanks a ton Elizabeth and Gabe! We sure appreciate you having us and the wonderful review! We had a blast having you play with the band and having your Dad sing as well! We wish you all the best and thanks again!

Jake · Married on 05/12/2018

You guys rock! Our wedding experience with Top Tier couldn't have been better. They were helpful with music selections and kept the dance floor rocking all night. We got so many compliments from guests on them. Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/14/2018

Top Tier's reply:

Thank you so much Jake and Jordan! We sure appreciate you having us provide the entertainment. We had a ball with all the dancers packing the dance floor right from the beginning and we loved the lighted tambourines you had for your guest as well! We wish you all the best!

Chris · Married on 11/17/2017

I hired Top Tier to perform at my son's wedding on November 17, 2017. This band is fantastic - not only are they great musicians but they were professional, reliable and a ton of fun. JD also Emceed and made sure the evening progressed per our wishes. Our guest did not leave the dance floor the entire evening. Just book them - you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/20/2017

Top Tier's reply:

Thank you so much Chris for the kind words! You were fantastic to work with throughout the planning process, and we had an absolute blast playing for Christopher and Erin's wedding! We look forward to your other kids' weddings! :)

Erin · Married on 11/17/2017

Top Tier is without a doubt the best wedding band out there! I have had families and friends, both young and old, reach out to me to tell me how fantastic our band was. Our dance floor was hopping all night long, they were so engaging and fun, and even let me play the drums... and the tambourines... and even steal the mic a few times. Needless to say it was the best night of my life and Top Tier was top notch. I would recommend them over and over again!!!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Top Tier's reply:

Erin, thank you SO very much for such a wonderful review!! We sure appreciate it! We had an absolute blast at your wedding and loved that you played the drums, tambourine, and served as a guest vocalist too! :) We wish you and Chris all the best!!

Kelley · Married on 10/28/2017

Top Tier was amazing for our October 2017 wedding on Halloween weekend in Memphis. I hate that it has taken me so long to write a review! They were very responsive and even learned the Hocus Pocus movie version of "I Put a Spell on You" for the last song of the night. I'm sure that was a strange request but I've always loved that movie and since our wedding fell around Halloween, I was so excited!! I would highly recommend them to anyone. Thanks again for great entertainment at the wedding!!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Top Tier's reply:

Hi Kelley! Thanks you so much for the wonderful review! We sure appreciate it! "I Put A Spell On You" was a great request to close out your special day! We hope you and Hayden are doing well, and we hope to see you again sometime!

Angela · Married on 10/07/2017

Top Tier is a Top Notch super fund band!!! JD was amazing and so easy to work with. Whenever I had questions he was quick to respond and super accomodating! I absolutely loved the music the night of my wedding and kept getting so many compliments throughout the night from my guests saying "I love this band". I highly recommend Top Tier if you are looking to have a fun time for you and your guest!!!!!!

Sent on 10/20/2017

Top Tier's reply:

Angela, thank you so much for wonderful review!! We had a fantastic time and are so grateful that we were a part of your and Fielder's big day! We wish you all the best!

Karri · Married on 09/29/2017

We had such a great experience working with Top Tier! They were always quick to respond and easy to work with before the wedding. At the wedding, they were so much fun and we got so many compliments from our wedding guests! Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 10/05/2017

Top Tier's reply:

We sure appreciate the kind words, Karri! Thank you so much for having us be a part of your and Rob's wedding! We had an absolute blast!

Catherine · Married on 09/23/2017

JD at Top Tier Band was great to work with. They are a fun and energetic band! I would recommend doing the 8 piece band with the horns!!! Very accommodating, they even let my father in law and friend sign on stage!!!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Top Tier's reply:

Thank you so much Catherine!! We sure appreciate the sweet compliments! It was an honor to be a part of your and Colby's wedding! We had an absolute blast and wish you all the best!

Jane · Married on 08/12/2017

Top Tier Band was incredible! They played at my daughter's wedding reception and everyone was up on the dance floor having a great time. Not only were they great musicians, they were very professional and responsible. I would highly recommend Top Tier. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 08/15/2017

Top Tier's reply:

Thank you so much Jane! We sure appreciate your kind words! The wedding at The Brown Hotel was beautiful, and we were honored to be a part of Brooke and Andrew's special day!

Pamela · Married on 07/08/2017

We absolutely loved working with Top Tier!! From the very beginning when we first booked the band for our wedding- they were so on top of it as far as emailing us back and educating us about the process! They were extremely easy to work with and even incorporated some fun family tradition songs - like N Sync's Bye Bye Bye and a Polka dance :) Both our families were on the dance floor the entire night and they definitely knew how to keep the flow of the night moving with ease!!

THANK YOU FOR HELPING MAKE OUR RECEPTION AN ABSOLUTE BLAST!! We would recommend this band to anyone in the Nashville area for a great time :)

Sent on 07/17/2017

Top Tier's reply:

Thanks a ton Pamela and Joe! We truly appreciate your kind compliments! We had SO much fun playing for your wedding, and you were fantastic to work with as well! We wish you all the best!!

Stephanie · Married on 07/01/2017

When planning our daughter's wedding, we knew that two aspects were a must....good food and great entertainment. We live in northeast Ohio and Top Tier came highly recommended to us. Not only did they graciously travel over seven hours from Nashville, JD kept us informed of every single step and detail along the way. We did not hire a separate wedding planner because our venue's banquet planner was so competent. Little did we know that when JD realized that we didn't have a planner, he brought along his beautiful wife who is a wedding planner! Her experience of organizing the details of keeping the reception and time-frames flowing was on point!

Now...on to their talent and entertainment....... THEY WERE AMAZING! Their energy on stage flowed directly onto the dance floor. They played to the crowd and therefore our guests never left the floor! It was one wedding that everyone stayed to the very end! Our guests are still talking about what great music we had that beautiful evening! All of our thanks go out to the talented JD and Top Tier!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Top Tier's reply:

We can't thank you enough for the glowing review and the incredibly sweet words! We sincerely appreciate it! We had a blast at the wedding and are so glad we were available to make the drive to Akron! Everyone treated us so well and we loved seeing the dance floor packed all night! We wish you and the rest of the family all the best and hope to see you at another event!

Roger · Married on 05/27/2017

I booked the band for my daughter's wedding. Couldn't have asked for a better experience. The band was awesome! J.D. was great to work with and very responsive. They sounded great and were lots of fun!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Top Tier's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Roger! We sure appreciate it! It was an honor to be a part of such a beautiful and fun wedding!

Staci · Married on 05/27/2017

If you are looking for a band for an event, this is THE band!! They made our wedding reception so much fun and knew how to get the crowd going! I cannot wait to listen to them again. These guys were so great, we did not want our reception to end. Not only is this a great band, but they are also so nice and easy to work with! JD was so great to work with, and made the booking process/ reception planning so easy. Thank you again Top Tier Band!!

Sent on 08/13/2017

Top Tier's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Staci and Richard! It means so much to us! We had an amazing time playing for your wedding! We wish you all the best for a long, healthy, happy life!

callie · Married on 05/20/2017

We chose Top Tier Band for our wedding based on their awesome reviews. The reviews were spot on! The entire time leading up to the wedding, JD was so easy to communicate with, super responsive and willing to accomodate all of our needs. At the wedding we had so many compliments about Top Tier. What a range! Every song sounded like it does on the radio/recording, and they played everything from Rocky Top to Pour Some Sugar on Me...Their song list has a great variety! Guests did not leave the dance floor the entire night! You won't find a better band anywhere. Top Tier is the way to go!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Top Tier's reply:

Thanks so much Callie! We truly appreciate the kind words! ! We had a blast playing for your wedding! We wish you all the best and a long, healthy, happy life!

Steve · Married on 05/20/2017

If you have a venue coming up and your trying to decide on a DJ or Live Music? Well I love music and listening to recordings but a tight Live Band will kick you party fun up 10 fold ! This past weekend I contracted Top Tier to play my Daughter and Son In Law's Wedding Reception in Knoxville, Tn. I was worried about the room's acoustics being mostly glass walls and not much depth, a bands worst nightmare. Top Tier pulled it off perfectly. The sound mix was just like you hear in their recorded videos. Their vocals and harmonies were fantastic. Top Tier is a top notch, tight group of Musicians that will make your party a total success. I promise you will be happy. J D and the group's personality is very upbeat, friendly and will work easily with you. If you want your event to be a hit, hire Top Tier and forget about it !
    I am so happy we did.
    Steve and Angie C. (Memphis, Tennessee)

Sent on 05/23/2017

Top Tier's reply:

Thanks a ton Steve! We truly appreciate your kind compliments! We had SO much fun playing for Heather and Bryan's wedding, and you were fantastic to work with as well! Having it at Neyland Stadium was quite the treat for us! We wish you and the entire family all the best!

Gayle · Married on 04/23/2017

WOW! This is the second time we have used this band, they are THAT good! This time our space was smaller and they were willing to come with fewer members/instrumentsg and they still sounded AWESOME! They are fun, play spot on music for the crowd and adjust so the dance floor stays full all night long. This band should be at the top of everyones list.

Sent on 05/03/2017

Top Tier's reply:

Thank you so much Gayle! We sincerely appreciate your kind words!! We're so thrilled we were able to play two weddings in your family! We hope to see you at a future event and wish you all the best!