Top Tier Reviews

1 User photo

Top Tier 1
  • Karen

Karen Ponder · Getting married on 03/04/2021

The best band we could have!

WOW! This band was fantastic! They were so easy to work with and they played the best music. Everyone was up dancing from start to finish. I'd hire them back again and again!

Sent on 05/06/2019

Top Tier's reply:

Thank you so much Karen! We had a fantastic time at the wedding and loved seeing all the dancers packing the dance floor! It was our honor to provide the entertainment for such a beautiful wedding!
  • Katie

Katie Wheeler · Getting married on 09/09/2020

Guests are still talking about the band

One of the first decisions you make as you are planning your wedding is Band or DJ? For us, it was a band all the way, and it really does make your wedding go from a wedding to a WEDDING! We ended up booking Top Tier's five piece band, and our guests are STILL talking about how this was a wedding unlike any other they've been to because of the band! Top Tier knows exactly how to get the party started - their talent, their song choices, their energy are all so on point and bring the perfect vibe for you and your guests. Even my dad got out on the dance floor which is a sight I never thought I'd see! So many of our guests were still on the dance floor for the last song, if I can give any advice, it's to book these guys for as long as you can get them!!! Thank you Top Tier!

Sent on 10/08/2019

Top Tier's reply:

Thank you SO much Katie for the wonderful review and kind words!! It means the world to us! We had an absolute blast playing for your wedding and sure hope to see you and Josh again in the future!
  • Q

Quinn Gruber · Married on 08/10/2019

Where do I start?

From the beginning to the end Top Tier was everything we could’ve imagined and more. JD was extremely professional, responsive and accommodating as a contact so that we never had to feel stressed or concerned they wouldn’t deliver what we hoped they would...Not going to lie, I hyped up the band/dance floor to everyone I knew that was coming and they blew the hype out of the water. My only regret was that the reception had to end and they had to head home!! Can’t wait to see which one of my friend brings them back into the fold in the future and would honestly say if you’re looking for bands then look no further!!!!

Sent on 08/16/2019

Top Tier's reply:

Wow, thank you SO much for the fantastic review Quinn!! We're thrilled that you, Joan, and the guests were so happy with the band! We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave those kind words! We wish you and Joan all the best and hope to see you both at a future wedding!
  • Leah

Leah · Married on 07/06/2019

Fantastic!

The band had a great selection of music and kept people dancing all night long. I personally do not like to dance, but I couldn't help it with them. Additionally I received compliments on the band from many attendees.

Sent on 07/08/2019

Top Tier's reply:

Thank you so much for the great review, Leah! We had a fantastic time playing for your wedding! We hope to see you and Zac again at a future event!

Lucy Zeimet · Married on 06/02/2019

Fantastic!!!!!!

Fantastic live music. We had a couple of unusual requests which the band accommodated gladly. Fantastic showmanship and quality..guests danced to every song..no pauses between songs..great backup music during their breaks and guests just kept on going!! Book This Band!!!!

Sent on 06/05/2019

Top Tier's reply:

Lucy, thank you SO much for taking the time to leave this wonderful review! It was an honor to play for Grant & Jessica's wedding! We loved seeing the dance floor packed all night and truly appreciate everyone being so kind to us!
  • Karoline

Karoline Sharkus · Married on 05/18/2019

Jd was amazing!

JD was our wedding DJ and he was absolutely amazing. We barely knew what style of music we wanted and he really listened to us and gave us options for the whole night. It was perfect, he really captured the feel that we were looking for. I had a lot of out of country guests who started requesting hard to find foreign music and he was able to go with the flow and find it all! No one left the dance floor. I could not be happier with our choice and would recommend Top Tier Band to anyone! If our venue was larger, we definitely would have gotten the live music!

Sent on 06/18/2019

Top Tier's reply:

Karoline, thank you so much for the fantastic review! I greatly appreciate it! Carolyn and I had a wonderful time being a part of your wedding. It was an honor to provide the music for your big day. You and Christopher are so sweet and we wish you a long, happy, healthy life together!

Kasey Fernandez · Married on 04/05/2019

Absolutely fantastic!

Top Tier Band was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! They were hired early on in the process, and seemed to check in at great times to be engaged with me during the planning process. The event went off without a hitch and I never had to worry about my guests having fun because the band was that good! The band played for us slowly during dinner, and then got the party started afterwards. I would without a doubt hire them again for any events I have planned in Nashville. We loved y'all!

Sent on 04/09/2019

Top Tier's reply:

Thank you Kasey! That means so much to us! We had a blast playing for your wedding and truly appreciate you hiring us. We wish all the best for you and George and hope to see you again sometime!

Megan · Married on 03/23/2019

Dance floor was packed all night!

We loved using Top Tier Band for our wedding reception! JD was super responsive during the months leading up to the wedding and learned a new song that we requested for our first dance. Everyone loved the song selections, and our guests kept telling us how much they loved the band in the days following our wedding. The name of the band says it all!

Sent on 04/02/2019

Top Tier's reply:

Thank you SO much Megan! We had a fantastic time playing for your wedding, and loved the packed dance floor all night! You were so wonderful to work with as well. We wish all the best to you and Lee and hope to see you at a future event!

Kristen Barnhart · Married on 03/02/2019

Awesome band

Top Tier Band was so much fun at our reception! They have an awesome variety of music to choose from (oldies, country, 2000s, Pop, you name it!). We chose the 8 piece band with the horn selection and they sounded awesome! The dance floor was packed all night long and everyone is still talking about how good the music was and how much fun the band was. I even had people comment on how sore they were the next day from dancing so much hahaha! JD is AWESOME and so much fun to work with. Everything went so smoothly (first dance, introductions, etc.). He is super responsive and so accommodating to work with! We also had them do our ceremony music and cocktail hour music too and it was so classy and elegant. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 03/20/2019

Top Tier's reply:

Kristen, thank you SO very much for the wonderful review and kind words about me and the band! You and Zach were fantastic to work with and we had an absolute blast playing at your wedding! We sure appreciate you trusting Top Tier Band and Top Tier Events to play a large part in your wedding. We wish all the best to you and Zach and we hope to see you at a future event!

Alaina Burford · Married on 10/27/2018

Best Band Ever

Wow!! This band made the night. All guests, age 7 to 70, were on the dance floor singing and dancing. They anticipated the whole night and knew exactly what to play and when to play it. It was an absolute blast!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Top Tier's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review, Alaina! We really appreciate it! We had a blast playing for your and Rob's wedding and wish you all the best!!

Seth Ellis · Married on 10/20/2018

Great Band!!

The band was amazing! They were extremely nice and very responsive with any questions we had. I definitely would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 01/29/2019

Top Tier's reply:

Thank you so much Seth! We had a wonderful time at your wedding and sure appreciate you leaving us a great review! We wish you and Julie all the best!

Marsha · Married on 09/15/2018

“What a great band!” That is what I heard over and over from guests after the wedding. Top Tier Band was not only played great music they kept the dance going. JD was so easy to work with, very professional, friendly, and delivered what we wanted. I cannot adequately express my gratitude for how much we appreciated and enjoyed Top Tier Band. I highly recommend this band, they will not disappoint! Marsha

Sent on 09/25/2018

Top Tier's reply:

Thank you so very much Marsha!! We had such a great time and truly appreciate you hiring us for the fun, awesome wedding! Everyone was so sweet. We wish you and the newlyweds all the best!

Nicholas · Married on 09/01/2018

Out of all of our vendors for the wedding, Top Tier was one of the easiest and most responsive to work with! I initially reached out to JD during our planning and he quickly responded with their price list and the different options they could provide. After getting caught up in other planning activities, JD emailed US to see if we were still interested as they had another request for the same day. We booked them immediately and are so glad we did! During the remainder of the planning process leading up to the wedding, JD made time to chat with us and get a feel for our ceremony and discuss the details that make things the day of so easy.

When it came to the day of, the band was so much fun! We absolutely loved that they could play jazz during dinner and then transition to more dance oriented tunes after. Everyone that came to the wedding was quick to say how good and how much fun the band was. They put music on during their set breaks, which we didn't even ask for, showing their dedication to providing a great experience. Both the singer and JD himself would wander out onto the dance floor during songs, which the crowd loved! We had a small contingent that danced until the very end, and it was definitely in part due to the great sound, energy and atmosphere Top Tier brings to their music.

Top Tier is the kind of vendor you WANT to work with; they are responsive, know what they're doing, and come prepared to put on a great show. Our only regret is not being able to afford the 6 or 8 piece!

Sent on 09/06/2018
    Top Tier 2

Top Tier's reply:

Nick, Thank you SO very much for the fantastic review and wonderful compliments and praise! We don't take that lightly and were honored to do whatever we could to make your wedding a success! I truly appreciate YOUR appreciation for what we do and how we handle business. We hope to see you and Rebecca again sometime! Thanks again and all the best! --JD

Rachel · Married on 09/01/2018

We could not have chosen a better wedding band for our wedding ceremony and reception. JD and his band are not only are fabulous musicians, but are truly good people. They want your day to be perfect and they certainly do more than their part to make that happen. JD is incredibly responsive and will answer your questions kindly and promptly (no matter how wedding-stress induced they may be). We had our ceremony in a park nearby the reception venue and the guitar prelude selection was perfect. JD lets you customize their set list and will even give advice with logistics. I was super appreciative for the help! At the reception, they kept the festivities flowing. From the bridal party introductions, to the toasts, to the beautiful dinner music, they were the glue between the moments. Guests were even dancing while waiting in line for food! It didn't end there! Our guests stayed on the dance floor the ENTIRE night. When Top Tier finished their "last song", shouts of "ONE MORE SONG" rang out and the band didn't disappoint. They finished the night with "Don't Stop Believin'" and both the band and our guests rocked out. It was amazing.
    I would also like to make a special shout out. This just shows how amazing these people are. I had completely overlooked the info sheet I gave JD. I didn't put down a song that my parents were going to dance to. It was a special request for their 30th wedding anniversary. They had practiced for a whole year so it meant a lot to them and to me. Understandably, JD didn't have the song. Who has "Papa Loves Mambo" on their device? No one. JD was so calm and collected when I ran up in a panic in an attempt to fix my mistake. JD was so reassuring, in what I'm sure was a frustrating situation, and found the song and MADE IT HAPPEN! Then played a perfect cover of my parents' wedding song "Happy Together". I can't thank them enough. I will recommend Top Tier to anyone looking for an event band!
    -Rachel and Dan Owsley 9/2/18

Sent on 09/11/2018

Top Tier's reply:

Rachel, I can't thank you enough for the wonderful, detailed, glowing review!! It truly means the world to me and the rest of the band!! It was my honor to work with you on your wedding details and do whatever I could to make it a fun-filled, stress-free, perfect day for you and Dan! Thanks again to both of you and we hope to see you again at a future event! Wishing you all the best! --JD

Abby · Married on 07/14/2018

We loved having Top Tier Band play at our wedding reception at Belle Meade Plantation! We also had their related company - Top Tier Events as our month-of wedding coordinating and can't recommend both companies highly enough! Throughout the entire process, JD (the band leader and MC) was very easy to communicate with. JD also attended all of the planning meetings we had with Top Tier Events which was so helpful, he was able to weigh in from the band/MC/audio perspective. We also rented a wireless microphone set up from Top Tier Band for our officiant (based on JD's recommendation because it was an outdoor ceremony). The reception went exactly to plan, and all of our guests had a great time on the dance floor thanks to the wonderful music Top Tier Band played!

Sent on 08/03/2018

Top Tier's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review Abby! We truly appreciate it! Carolyn and I thoroughly enjoyed working with you throughout the wedding planning process! You're very detailed-oriented so it made our jobs that much easier! :) We loved seeing the dance floor full throughout the evening. Congratulations to you and Ben---we wish you all the best!!

Dane · Married on 06/30/2018

Top Tier was AWESOME at my wedding party! They bring a high energy, they have great song selections covering multiple genres, and the musicians are super talented! They also bring a professional attitude and an ability to learn new songs for your specific event if requested ahead of time. I give them two thumbs up and five stars! I recommend them for anyone looking for a solid and entertaining band.

Sent on 07/06/2018

Top Tier's reply:

Thank you so very much Dane! We sincerely appreciate the wonderful compliments! We had a fantastic time playing for your wedding celebration and wish you and Kielee all the best in your blessed future together!

Michelle · Married on 05/27/2018

Top Tier performed at our wedding in May of 2018. They were great! We were getting compliments on our band choice while sitting at dinner before they'd even begun the real show. JD & company did a great job of reading the crowd and keeping everyone on the dance floor all night through the song selections. We couldn't have been more pleased with how the night went!

I'll also add that the process of booking, planning, and everything else that comes along with arranging for a vendor to be at your wedding went very smoothly. They were very responsive, reached out to us for any information they needed, and were always professional--which are qualities you need in a vendor with all the different "to-do" items on a wedding planning list.

Thank you JD & Top Tier!

Sent on 06/01/2018

Top Tier's reply:

Thank you so very much Michelle for the fantastic review and for hiring us to be a part of your wonderful wedding! We truly appreciate it! You were so great to work with as well and we had a blast playing for your wedding. We wish you and Tyler all the best, and thanks again for having Top Tier provide the entertainment for your big day!
  • W

William · Married on 05/19/2018

Looking for the right band to send everyone home with a smile? Stop looking and set your date around The Top Tier Band's availability. It's the morning after and I still have visions of our bride and groom playing keyboards with the band to Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'." There only mistake was inviting me to front them for "Twist and Shout." JD is very responsive and professional and I'd do it all over again. Thanks Top Tier!

Sent on 05/20/2018

Top Tier's reply:

Bill, thank you so very much for the wonderful review and praise! We had a fantastic time playing for Elizabeth and Gabe's wedding! Having Elizabeth play keyboards with us on "Don't Stop Believin'" and having you and her sing "Twist and Shout" with us was a total blast! We wish you and the newlyweds all the best!

Elizabeth · Married on 05/19/2018

My husband, our families and I had the time of our lives dancing the night away with the Top Tier Band. They accommodated a number of special requests, including allowing me to play keyboard and my dad to sing "Twist and Shout." Because of them, it was the most fun and memorable reception I could have asked for. JD is organized and responsive throughout the process. You can't go wrong with Top Tier!

Sent on 06/15/2018

Top Tier's reply:

Thanks a ton Elizabeth and Gabe! We sure appreciate you having us and the wonderful review! We had a blast having you play with the band and having your Dad sing as well! We wish you all the best and thanks again!

Jake · Married on 05/12/2018

You guys rock! Our wedding experience with Top Tier couldn't have been better. They were helpful with music selections and kept the dance floor rocking all night. We got so many compliments from guests on them. Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/14/2018

Top Tier's reply:

Thank you so much Jake and Jordan! We sure appreciate you having us provide the entertainment. We had a ball with all the dancers packing the dance floor right from the beginning and we loved the lighted tambourines you had for your guest as well! We wish you all the best!

Chris · Married on 11/17/2017

I hired Top Tier to perform at my son's wedding on November 17, 2017. This band is fantastic - not only are they great musicians but they were professional, reliable and a ton of fun. JD also Emceed and made sure the evening progressed per our wishes. Our guest did not leave the dance floor the entire evening. Just book them - you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/20/2017

Top Tier's reply:

Thank you so much Chris for the kind words! You were fantastic to work with throughout the planning process, and we had an absolute blast playing for Christopher and Erin's wedding! We look forward to your other kids' weddings! :)

Erin · Married on 11/17/2017

Top Tier is without a doubt the best wedding band out there! I have had families and friends, both young and old, reach out to me to tell me how fantastic our band was. Our dance floor was hopping all night long, they were so engaging and fun, and even let me play the drums... and the tambourines... and even steal the mic a few times. Needless to say it was the best night of my life and Top Tier was top notch. I would recommend them over and over again!!!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Top Tier's reply:

Erin, thank you SO very much for such a wonderful review!! We sure appreciate it!
    We had an absolute blast at your wedding and loved that you played the drums, tambourine, and served as a guest vocalist too! :) We wish you and Chris all the best!!

Kelley · Married on 10/28/2017

Top Tier was amazing for our October 2017 wedding on Halloween weekend in Memphis. I hate that it has taken me so long to write a review! They were very responsive and even learned the Hocus Pocus movie version of "I Put a Spell on You" for the last song of the night. I'm sure that was a strange request but I've always loved that movie and since our wedding fell around Halloween, I was so excited!! I would highly recommend them to anyone. Thanks again for great entertainment at the wedding!!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Top Tier's reply:

Hi Kelley! Thanks you so much for the wonderful review! We sure appreciate it! "I Put A Spell On You" was a great request to close out your special day! We hope you and Hayden are doing well, and we hope to see you again sometime!

Angela · Married on 10/07/2017

Top Tier is a Top Notch super fund band!!! JD was amazing and so easy to work with. Whenever I had questions he was quick to respond and super accomodating! I absolutely loved the music the night of my wedding and kept getting so many compliments throughout the night from my guests saying "I love this band". I highly recommend Top Tier if you are looking to have a fun time for you and your guest!!!!!!

Sent on 10/20/2017

Top Tier's reply:

Angela, thank you so much for wonderful review!! We had a fantastic time and are so grateful that we were a part of your and Fielder's big day! We wish you all the best!

Karri · Married on 09/29/2017

We had such a great experience working with Top Tier! They were always quick to respond and easy to work with before the wedding. At the wedding, they were so much fun and we got so many compliments from our wedding guests! Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 10/05/2017

Top Tier's reply:

We sure appreciate the kind words, Karri! Thank you so much for having us be a part of your and Rob's wedding! We had an absolute blast!