Top of the Town Reviews

Top of the Town 6
Top of the Town 7
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 05/21/2011

Top of the Town is a GREAT venue. It' a bit costly but the view is well worth the cost. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Kate and Joan were great at getting back to me whenever I had questions. And the day of the wedding the staff was very attentive and made sure we were happy with everything! I would highly recommend you have your wedding at Top of the Town!!

Sent on 05/31/2011
  • Angelika

Angelika · Married on 05/25/2019

Breathtaking wedding venue!

My husband and I only saw one wedding view - Top of the Town - and we both knew this was IT!

We said, "Wow" about 5,040,049 x as we walked down the aisle to the floor to ceiling breathtaking views of DC. We both walked away telling our ourselves, "We want to have our wedding, every birthday, every anniversary, and everything in between in this gorgeous venue".

Our wedding turned out to be truly SPECTACULAR and everything we've always dreamt of. In fact, it exceeded all are already high expectations.

Kate was very responsive and easy to work with. The price for the rental was reasonable and comparable for the Washington, DC area. The venue costs includes tables and chairs which saved on rental costs.

Moreover, the 360-degree views and floor to ceiling views and windows overlooking DC IS THE DECOR. So we saved thousands on needing to jazz it up (e.g. like you would need to do in a hotel ballroom.)

We had our rehearsal at our hotel suite to save $900 and it worked out perfectly. ToTT works with five-star vendors so we had the best catering (Ridgwells) , DJ (Dan Goldman), and Florist (Petal's Edge). They knew the venue inside and out and are the best in the business so were super easy to work with.

Whatever the "limitations/challenges" are, the views make up for it a million fold. Unobstructed and gorgeous day and night.

We got married on the terrace and had the reception inside. ToTT was the best decision ever. Would do it over again a million times over.

Sent on 05/27/2019
    Top of the Town 8
  • User5488446 · 1+ year ago

We held our wedding ceremony and reception at Top of the Town in September of 2017 and we could not have been more pleased with the experience!

Major pros:
    + The view is incredible! We received so many compliments from guests about the view and the venue - it was such an impressive element we could not have recreated elsewhere.
    + The team we worked with are total wedding professionals - through every step of the process, they offered advice on what worked best for the space and gave us great help in keeping the event rolling
    + They were flexible as our needs changed and were very considerate of guests who needed special accommodation

As mentioned in other reviews, the exterior as you arrive is not particularly impressive but trust us, it is worth it once you step into the elevator and you start to see D.C. laid out before you. The elevator is rather small and can only hold 12-15 guests at a time, so I suggest that couples planning a wedding consider adding some buffer time for seating.

I also noticed some reviews mentioning the venue and its vendor lists - we had no problem in going off their recommended list and using our own vendors. When we mentioned our preferred caterer, they waived the $500 fee because they had worked weddings in the space before and they allowed us to use our preferred DJ (not from their list) simply by adding a refundable deposit, that we got back in full. Due to their unique location, they do have some rules that may seem restrictive but we had no trouble working with them to make sure our wedding was exactly what we wanted and our guests had an amazing time!

Thank you, Top of the Town, for making our wedding day so special!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/09/2017

We used TOTT for our ceremony and rehearsal. They were very very easy to work with and the view was absolutely gorgeous! Highly recommend to other couples.

Sent on 09/11/2017

Sandra · Married on 06/29/2017

Overall very amazing venue, received lots of positive feedback from our guests all night until this day. The ladies at Top of the Town were so easy to work with, very flexible, and friendly. The only reason I gave it 4 stars for 'flexibility' is that you can't play certain songs (cupid shuffle, electric slide, wobble, etc) due to noise (and I wasn't told about the strictness of this rule and about the extent of songs not allowed-something that is important when you're your own dj) and that you won't have control of the volume (top of the town people have to do it for you-again something important to know when you're your own dj). Overall, again amazing experience, lovely people, lovely place, amazing tables/chairs included in the price, in-house speakers perfect for DJ-ing your own event, and helpful staff. Just make sure to test the wireless microphones for a lengthy time before using them since it would go in and out during the ceremony but eventually was stable.

Sent on 08/28/2017

Darya · Married on 05/19/2017

This was a wonderful venue! The view was gorgeous for our wedding! My husband and I are so thrilled we chose Top of the Town for our big day! All our guests could not stop talking about how magnificent the view was and how gorgeous the layout turned out. They have strict policies; however, the staff is willing to work with you. The day-of-coordinator in particular, "Allison" was amazing; so professional and experienced! Allison knew exactly what to say and do to keep the bride/groom/wedding party calm. Allison was super organized, brought us drinks when waiting, took us out to the balcony for private pictures before our first dance. I had the time of my life, and I truly recommend having your wedding here!

Sent on 06/03/2017

Garima · Married on 02/10/2017

We fell in love with Top of the Town the 1st time we walked in the venue! The venue has breathtaking views of DC. Both me and my Fiancé also chose ToTT as the venue for our engagement party as we could see the apartment building where we 1st met. The venue is spacious to accompany 100-150 guests and has beautiful terrace. The team at ToTT was very prompt and responsive to all our queries and needs for the event. The only challenge with the venue is that there is one elevator that is used by all the vendors and thus set-up could bite into the overall time.

Sent on 02/20/2017

Caitlyn · Married on 09/05/2016

This was the most amazing venue. Always quick to respond and everything was really straightforward. Everyone at my wedding said it was the best wedding and view they've ever been to and seen! The only thing is that they have a few different coordinators and sometimes what I spoke about with one would get lost in translation when I talked to someone else, but it was minor and didn't affect the service at all. I booked the all inclusive event and it was the most amazing wedding food I've ever tasted and it was all so easy to book.

Sent on 09/08/2016

Therese · Married on 06/18/2016

I think it is important to know that since your event is the only one occurring you get very special and individualized attention.My husband had worked very hard on a slide show presentation to show during the reception and the TOTT staff went all out to make sure the presentation went very well.
    Our guests gave us nothing but accolades for the ceremony and reception.

Sent on 07/15/2016
  • User6881370 · event on 06/08/2016

Nice staff. Was able to reschedule our event date without any penalty. Beautiful view. The venue could stand to invest in new A/V equipment such as a new projector screen and microphone system that does not cut in and out, especially if the venue will attract corporate events during the day.

Sent on 06/24/2016

Top of the Town was a gorgeous venue for our DC wedding! The view from the venue is absolutely amazing - our guests couldn't stop commenting on the view of DC and how beautiful of a venue we chose. The building had a regal charm to it and I loved the private elevator lobby with a glass elevator all the way to the top floor, as well as the outdoor terrace adjacent to the reception room. On top of that, the staff at Top of the Town were very easy to work with and incredibly accommodating. We would definitely recommend Top of the Town for weddings and events!

Sent on 10/31/2014
  • User4213248 · event on 06/26/2014

The day of the event they were incredibly helpful and hands on! We had some issues with the AV that we brought and TOTT was more than accommodating and assisted to help up figure out a solution. Everything was great and I would definitely use TOTT again! We also used Main Event Caterers who had worked with TOTT and they were both so in sync!

Sent on 06/30/2014

Amanda · Married on 05/11/2014

Beautiful Wedding Venue with Stunning views of DC! It was perfect for my Great Gatsby wedding! Joan and Kate are amazing and are easy to work with! The only thing I didn't like was there were restrictions on dancing (because they are right above residences) but thats just a small thing!

Check out my blog to see my full wedding experience!

Sent on 07/18/2014

Renee · Married on 03/01/2014

Top of the Town(TotT) is a beautiful venue for a wedding ceremony and/or reception. The view of DC is unbeatable by any Northern Virginia venue and was the perfect location for our wedding.

We selected TotT because we love the view of DC, the venue space is elegant, and the location was convenient. The staff was always willing to answer any questions we had and worked with us to make sure everything we wanted was achieved.

Our ceremony and reception both took place at this venue and while everything worked out fine, I will warn future brides that layout of the ceremony space gets quite cramped. Our guest count was 134 people, including the wedding party, so that means we needed seats for 121 people. Based on layouts we'd received previously, we were told we could have all the chairs facing the windows, overlooking DC. Well, I later found out that enough chairs were not initially put out(not TotT's fault), so our guests had to be shuffled a bit to add more chairs. Once everyone was in the room, it was crowded. Everything worked out fine but I would recommend that if you are having more than 125 people attend your wedding, I would host your ceremony elsewhere and have the reception at TotT.

My two notes for brides looking at this venue - make sure you have an option for photographs because there isn't much indoor space for photos. Second, there isn't a really good option for hiding you once guests arrive so make sure you schedule your arrival just before the wedding so you aren't spotted by late arriving guests.

Sent on 03/18/2014

Cheryl · Married on 11/02/2013

Top of the Town was a beautiful venue for our wedding. The sales and event coordinators were very easy to work with and were very accommodating. There were a few occasions during the planning process where email responses were slow, but ultimately we had a wonderful experience at Top of the Town. Our guests could not stop commenting about how beautiful the view was. We visited several other hotels/banquet halls in the DC area; the view at Top of the Town really can't be beat. We'd highly recommend this venue for any couple.

Sent on 12/01/2013

It was a beautiful location for a wedding! All of the guest were raving about the gorgeous views, even the local friends. And the staff was top notch - very responsive and made sure the night ran smoothly!!

Sent on 09/17/2013

chris · event on 02/16/2013

I found the plannning staff helpful in our event planning. As we work with many governmental entities, flexibility is key to the success in meeting many of their last minute needs.

Sent on 02/21/2014

Top of the Town provided an excellent Venue. The staff were friendly and professional. We had guests from out of town and they were absolutely captivated with the view overlooking the Nation’s Capital. At our wedding we were lucky to have what they call a Blue Moon which really lit up the sky. It was a special evening for all - children and adults alike. We highly recommend Top of the Town. Renée & Jon

Sent on 08/02/2013

Nora · Married on 05/04/2012

Top of the Town is a venue for anyone looking for a fairy tale wedding reception. I was sold the minute I walked through the door. The view is beyond breathtaking and I couldn't of asked for a more amazing wedding reception. They did a wonderful job the night of my wedding to make sure everyone ran smoothly and according to plan. Our contact was Kate Markham, she was fantastic!

Sent on 06/21/2012

Patty · Married on 09/10/2011

Our daughter's wedding was September 9, 2011 and TOT handled the ceremony and reception. Everything about this space was amazing. We had 155 guests and were worried about the tightness, but the weather cooperated and we couldn't reel our guests in from the terrace. The view is unsurpassed! We have beautiful pictures as memories of that special day. Kate, Joan, Laura and staff did a wonderful job to ensure we stayed on top of all the wedding details leading up to that day. They all were very responsive as we bombarded them with emails and phone calls coming from bride, groom, Mom and Dad! Excellent work folks! Renting this space is expensive but if your budget allows -- this is the venue for your wedding!!

Sent on 09/23/2011

It is a gorgeous site to see.
    The entrance is just a simple apartment buidling, but as the elevator takes you up, the view is magnificent....the skyline of DC's monuments are in front of you. It is breathtaking.
    The guests loved the view. If it is a nice day, you can go on the terrace.
    It is pricy, but was worth it. I just wish they had their own catering, but you have to bring your own caterer in. The management who I worked with was great: Kate Markham. She is very friendly, helped in many ideas, and thankfully was there on my wedding day to help sort things out.

Sent on 08/19/2012

Ashley · Married on 10/09/2010

Top of the Town may be the most amazing venue in all of the DC metro area. We have a lot of friends who are newlyweds and all of them were excited to see our venue after searching for venues themselves. Everyone was amazed with the location and view. We got married in October and the weather was absolutely perfect. The outdoor terrace is key. Joan and Kate are both very professional and I didn't really have an issue with responsiveness. I typically got a response within 2-3 days. The venue is pretty expensive but if you can fork the bill then go for it! We had about 130 guests and I don't think one more would have fit. I don't see how 180 would squeeze in there. The dance floor is also relatively small and I think it deterred our guests from dancing so they wouldn't be on top of each other. Allison was our day-of coordinator and she was THE BEST. I give her a million stars!!!!!

Sent on 10/26/2010

Korrie · Married on 09/04/2010

Top of the Town was the perfect venue for our destination wedding reception. It is a banquet hall that holds up to 180 people on the top floor (12th floor) of a condo building just behind (to the west) of the Iwo Jima Memorial. It might be tight with the maximum amount of people. We had 120 and it seemed the perfect size for the venue. The view absolutely can not be beat! At dusk, you will watch the lights come on all of the monuments - truly breathtaking. On a good day, you can see clear to FedEx Field. There are other venues with a similar view (Key Bridge Marriott, for example), but they are much more expensive. Due to the TOTT being on top of resident condos, they do have a few rules and guidelines that you have to follow and a specific list of caterers and DJs to work with, but they have a wide range to fit within every budget. We did not find this to be a problem. We could not have chosen a more perfect place and would not have changed a thing.

Sent on 09/30/2010
  • hokiechik4

Dorsa · Married on 08/29/2009

The view was AMAZING! We all had such a wonderful time. Everything was perfect. We had around 165 people and it was perfect. I had to cut out 2 tables in order to get the arrangements that I wanted but it was not a problem. Sometimes they are a bit slow to respond to emails but if you call them they will help you and answer your calls right away.

we loved it! Thanks so much!!!!

Sent on 09/11/2009

mary · Married on 10/25/2008

Great crew who works with their brides. Top of the Town is a little expensive, but has the most beautiful view of the DC skyline and was definitely one of the things that made our wedding reception memorable. Our guests loved the site!!

Sent on 12/21/2008