Top of the Town Reviews

Top of the Town 5
Top of the Town 6
Top of the Town 7

Kurt · event on 08/26/2013

There is no better view into Washington,DC than at Top of the Town. Parking is easy and I can't wait to go back.

Sent on 09/24/2013

Ashley · Married on 08/24/2013

We had our wedding reception at Top of the Town and it was terrific! Joan was great at answering all of our questions prior to the wedding and for helping make everything run perfectly the day of! We had so many wonderful complements about the location from both out of town people AND DC locals (that view is AMAZING)! Because of the view, we made the theme of our wedding 'Washington, DC at it's finest'. The staff is incredibly professional and accommodating.

Sent on 09/21/2013

Helene · Married on 08/10/2013

The staff welcomed questions as we worked on planning out the final details of the wedding. They were always eager to help and find ways to make it easier for us. The day of they were responsive and easy to work with. The facilities are beautiful!

Sent on 08/14/2013

Kristen · event on 07/12/2013

Not only does Top of the Town have the most spectacular view of the nation's capital, but it has an incredible staff who are always willing to go above and beyond. We couldn't imagine a more perfect venue to hold our annual summer reception, and we will continue to host it there as long as we are able.

Sent on 02/20/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 05/26/2013

Best view in town hands down! The staff was awesome to work with and help to make our dream a reality!

Sent on 06/04/2013

Sara · event on 05/20/2013

Top of the Town is an amazing venue run by even more amazing people. No Worries Now is relatively new to the Washington, DC area and Top of the Town has welcomed us with open arms. They willingly donated their venue both times we held prom for teens in the area with chronic and life threatening illness. Additionally, Top of the Town helped us maneuver around any challenges that arose in the lead up to our event. The day of the event is no different. The team welcomes you with a smile and runs the event flawlessly. I cannot say thank you enough to Top of the Town. I would recommend this beautiful venue to anyone who asks!

Sent on 02/20/2014

Mary · Married on 05/04/2013

This venue is awesome! It's on the pricey side but your guests will absolutely love it! We had beautiful weather so we were able to really enjoy the view and the rooftop terrace. I had no issues working with the staff leading up to the wedding and they were so friendly and helpful during the wedding. They were very accommodating with us dropping off decorations and liquor (you can bring your own which is a huge plus!) and picking it up a couple days later. It took some of the stress out of the day of. All our guests raved about the location and the views. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 05/08/2013

Alison · Married on 04/13/2013

Top of the Town provided us with both a beautiful venue, and amazing service. A lot of the planning and decorating was done because of the pure beauty of Top of the Town. Made our wedding day extra wonderful and special.

Sent on 05/29/2013

MARIA · Married on 04/12/2013

The place itself is very beautiful.. you can't beat the views of DC. I LOVED WORKING with Joan & Kate - they were very nice and they were very flexible working with my budget. It's a good deal by doing your wedding Friday night. Their customer service is superb. Allison the lady who was with me the day of my wedding was also AWESOME. We were running late getting there and she just said "Don't worry, it's your day - enjoy!" that said may feel so much better. All my guests were so happy with the place...they just wished we could've
    stayed longer... they wanted to party :)

Sent on 05/09/2013
  • Z

Zahra · event on 03/19/2013

Top of the town is by far the best location to have a party of any kind in DC. Extremely experienced event managers at your disposal, the most beautiful view of DC by far, and a huge space flanked with glass windows with a giant balcony. I will be having my wedding here no question.

Sent on 03/22/2013

Ashleigh · event on 03/05/2013

Top of the Town was fabulous for our event! The guests were blown away by the views and the classic beauty of the ballroom. The patio overlooking the Potomac and DC skyline was just icing on the cake. We had 100 hair stylists attend a hair-show with a World Renowned stylist. Top of the Town was open-minded and willing to help us in any way to make our event as successful as possible. We will definitely be hosting an event at Top of the Town again!!!

Susan · event on 02/11/2013

Top of the Town not only provides the best view of the Washington, D.C. skyline, they provide courteous and professional staff. Their individual attention to event and guest details and consistent top-notch service are second to none. From the beginning of confirming an event date through contract execution and event delivery, Top of the Town is a gold standard meeting venue.

Danielle · Married on 01/25/2013

Top of the Town is a beautiful venue! Everyone at the wedding had nothing but good things to say and everyone commented on the view! Kate and Joan were amazing to work with from the beginning as I constantly changed dates or had questions here and there. It was a pleasure to work with everyone at Top of the Town. It was a gorgeous place to have a wedding and I couldn't have been happier.

Sent on 02/14/2013

Monica · Married on 09/21/2012

Top of the Town was the perfect place to have our wedding. I could not have been happier with our choice. The staff their was amazing to work with. They are very kind, understanding and quick to respond. Allison our day -of coordinator was amazing. The compliments just came rolling in about the view, people said they have never been to a place like that before. Honestly, if you have your wedding here you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/24/2012

The view speaks for itself! Kate is AMAZING. She answered all of my emails (even my annoying questions about table arrangements). You can't find a better location with its views. I had 145 guests and I would say the max you should have if you want to dance is 150. We had plenty of room,but one moe table would have made it tough. Guests are still telling me how amazed they were by the views.

Sent on 09/05/2012

David · Married on 08/18/2012

Top of the Town is an amazing venue. We had our reception there this past August and, with some help from perfect weather, the view was mesmerizing for our guests. We had about 135 guests and that is as high as I would say future grooms & brides should shoot for. It was packed but still very comfortable.

The staff was very friendly and made sure we had everything we needed (as well as the vendors) to make the evening go as smoothly as possible.

Unfortunately the larger main elevator was out of service due to a freak storm the month before, but they worked with our caterer (Main Event - also highly recommended) to ensure they had the extra time they needed to set up without any cost to us.

The balcony was a big draw that evening and having the bar set outside was an advantage for people who wanted to hang out there all night. Everything here is about the view, your head table will be against the windows, your guests will be on the balcony and holding conversations while looking out over DC. Our guests from out of town and even those who work in DC everyday were captivated by the sights.

You can make this event as casual or formal as you want, but just know that the view will class up your event tremendously without you having to do anything! We couldn't have found a better place for our reception and couldn't recommend this place highly enough. We actually found out a month ahead of the wedding date that my wife's cousin had signed on to get married at Top of the Town before she heard she was coming to our wedding there. It is a popular place so get in early, but once you do it is well worth every penny.

Sent on 09/14/2012
  • Y

Yelena · Married on 07/14/2012

Once my fiancé and I visited here, there was no going back to another venue. The view was amazing - our wedding guests still talk about it today.

The team at Top of the Town was very professional and responsive. They definitely made sure that things ran very smoothly during the planning stage, the actual wedding day, and post wedding day. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone. The week before our wedding, a storm blew off a part of the elevator roof for the venue but we were able to use the condo elevator- thank you thank you!! Amazing management and team.

Sent on 02/17/2013

Alyssa · Married on 07/07/2012

Top of the Town is a phenomenal venue with a breathtaking view of DC. The staff consistently went out of their way to ensure our wedding reception was exactly the sort of event we wanted for our guests. They work effectively in coordinating with vendors to ensure that all appropriate planning is done well in advance. We would highly recommend Top of the Town based on the gorgeous view and the consistently professional level of service from all of their staff.

Sent on 08/05/2012

Tanasha · Married on 06/01/2012

I booked this venue more than a year out from my event. From the very beginning dealing with Kate to reserve the venue it was a pleasure. Then dealing with Joan to be sure all the specifics of my event it was all a breeze. Both of these ladies were very patient with me, answered any question I had, responded to emails in a timely manner. You name it whatever I asked they helped me out. Joan even sent me sample floor plans for my caterer and walked me through the space on more than one occasion so I could see how I thought the tables would lay out best. Then the day of my event there were two ladies on site to help me with whatever I needed. I do not remember their names but they provided service that I was extremely satisfied with.

The best thing about this venue and my experience is that I have absolutely nothing negative to say. No tips for better service. Job well done ladies!

Tanasha Dalton

Sent on 08/19/2012

Beth · Married on 05/26/2012

Top of the Town was the perfect place for our wedding reception – it truly provides the best view in DC. The majority of our guests are from out of town and many had never been to DC before our wedding, so it was the perfect reception location. Top of the Town is a great value. We were able to scale back on the decorations because of that view and they have great relationships with great DJs and caterers in the DC area. Many of our guests commented on what a “classy reception” we held.

Sent on 06/03/2012
  • W

Wendy · event on 05/20/2012

I have used Top of the Town for a funeral reception and also for a fundraiser for ALS. They are amazing and each event has been successful without any problems. They are so professional that all I have to focus on is getting the people to attend (and they help with that as well). I would always highly recommend Top of the Town for any event function. And of course, the view can't be beat by any venue.

Cynthia · Married on 04/07/2012

Couldn't have picked a better venue. I absolutely loved working with Kate and Joan. They WANT to see you happy. Our guests were blown away by the view. Kate did a wonderful job of calming my nerves before the ceremony and I can't thank her enough for that!

Sent on 04/10/2012

Leah · Married on 03/25/2012

Top of the Town is a beautiful location for a wedding ceremony and reception. We had a brunch wedding reception after our ceremony and it was wonderful! The location is great and easy to access. The staff was wonderful from the first visit to the last minute of our event. The weather was cloudy but we still had a great view of DC and didn't need any extra lighting for our daytime event. I would highly recommend this venue for anyone who is looking to have an event with a wonderful view. Thank you to all of the staff at TOTT for making our wedding day a great success!

Leah & Joe
    March 25, 2012

Sent on 04/08/2012
  • O

oliver · event on 12/15/2011

Excellent holiday party, aka, Christmas Party! Great Service and great flexibility. We give them a 10 out of 10, and have not had a Christmas party any better that the ToTT venue! We'll be BACK!

Sent on 03/06/2014

Kelly · Married on 06/18/2011

I love love loooooved this venue! This place made our night!!!! Even people from DC were asking us how we found this place. It was a real treat for those who came from Texas, France, Spain and Peru!!! They were in awe! My cousin said "I feel like we are at a party for "The real Housewives of DC". If you are able to splurge I would definitely book this place asap. We were the only wedding scheduled there for that day so I thought that made things run smoothly. Not sure how things would have gone if there was another wedding. Make sure you are aware of all the stipulations (must use their vendors and no jump dancing). The view is worth a million bucks. This is the best venue in the DC metro area hands down!

Sent on 06/23/2011