Top of the Town Reviews

Top of the Town 1
Top of the Town 2
Top of the Town 3

Kris · Married on 06/15/2018

Great venue, great staff, great view. You cannot go wrong here. Your guests will love the view and patio for drinks on a summers night. Best choice for venue.!

• Alana

Alana · Married on 05/18/2018

I absolutely loved having my wedding at Top of the Town! It rained on my wedding day but my guests still utilized the awesome outdoor terrace and nothing beats the panoramic view of Washington, D.C. I found that my wedding contacts at the venue were easy to get in touch with and very helpful when it came to planning my wedding. Not only that, but there are so many aspects of the venue that are beautiful starting with the scenic elevator ride up to the gorgeous hallways leading to the reception room. Although the venue does come with restrictions as far as vendors, I found that this actually helped with my wedding planning process as I had never planned a wedding or an event like this before so I came from zero experience. I found great vendors through their list as a result and ones I will recommend to my friends for future events. All in all, it was wonderful to have my wedding here! I highly recommend it!

Mary · Married on 11/18/2017

The venue was beautiful and the DC skyline views were breathtaking. Kate and her team were wonderful. Accommodating and responsive. They have many years of experience and know what they are doing. On the day of, TOTT's Allison made sure we were comfortable, had a chance to eat, and gave us the opportunity to take great pictures w/ the DC lights in the background. We highly recommend!

Top of the Town 4
    Top of the Town 5
    Top of the Town 6

JOANN · Married on 10/01/2017

We held our daughters wedding at ToT in October 2017. It is "the place" for a DC area wedding. You get 5 hours of the same view of the DC monuments that you see for 5 seconds when taking of and landing at National. Airport. Guests--both local and out-of-town--were in awe of the spectacular views. Weddings are long, so it provides a wondrous diversion for guests. We had both sunny afternoon and evening lit-up views. Spectacular. We found TOT staff to be supportive (we lost a close family member a week before the wedding) and they stepped in to coordinate everything with the caterer, DJ, florist and photographer. TOT staff are top notch. Their recommended vendors are outstanding and it saved a lot of time in screening and selecting other vendors. Many guests said it was the best wedding they ever attended. Highly, highly recommend.

Amy · Married on 08/19/2017

Top of the Town was the first venue we looked at for our wedding and after seeing the view, we didn't look any further. We wanted to have a wedding that really felt unique to DC and this did it. We did a sit down dinner for 138 guests. The dance floor isn't huge, but it actually was great because it always felt like a huge crowd was dancing, even if people were enjoying the outdoor terrace. I'm still hearing from people about what a great time they had. TOTT was very easy to work with, responsive and flexible.

Charlie · Married on 06/24/2017

Amazing venue, with the most stunning views of DC. The staff were incredibly easy to work with, total pros who thought of every possible detail and were great at communication and super helpful in planning. We worked closely with Kate Markham who arranged for a fantastic day-of coordinator who kept everything humming smoothly. A fantastic event thanks to this great venue and their staff!

john · Married on 04/02/2017

This is by far, the most gorgeous venue that we have had experienced with. The view was breathtaking. Family and friends would not stop complimenting us on our decision to select Top of the Town, to host our Wedding Reception. We are anxiously waiting for the pictures to come back so that we can relive our moment here. Simply astonishing.

Danalisa · Married on 11/25/2016

Top of the Town is an amazing venue. The views are breathtaking, the facility is elegant, and the staff is so helpful and professional. Our guests are still talking about what a great time they had at our reception.

Jessica · Married on 11/10/2016

The place is amazing. Everyone loved the sightseeing. Deb helped me that day, she was amazing and very professional.
    Very happy I choose this place for my wedding.

Thanks

Great venue with an amazing view! Service was FANTASTIC and they treated me, as the bride, exceptionally well!! All my guests raved about the location!!

Heba · Married on 04/16/2016

This venue is absolutely amazing!!! Beautiful views!! And the staff is truly wonderful! They are so helpful and flexible and they have an all inclusive option where they will set you up with a dj and caterer and make your life so much easier! And they are flexible with the all inclusive option where you can pick the option but select your own caterer if you want. They are very responsive and work with you every step of the way! I had the most amazing reception there and it could not have gone more smoothly!

Daniel · Married on 10/17/2015

We had the complete package that included the amazing Main Event Caterers and the great Norman Voss as the DJ. When MANY guests who have each lived in the DC area for over 30 years, never been to the place and were utterly dazzled by the venue and its view, immediately a good time is had by all. Upon arrival, my wife and I got off the elevator and walked ten steps down the beautiful hallway with our bridal party where we found a regal waitress standing at attention holding two drinks (pre-ordered a month prior) for us. My wife had to use the ladies room so she went with her bridesmaids. The waitress handed me my drink, took the drink order for the groomsman and then went into the ladies room to take the drink orders of the bridesmaids... if that is not service, I don't know what is! Top of the Town is all about service... even getting on their hands and knees with scissors to cut (at our request) the bride's dress so she is able to more easily walk/dance. One of my brother's kids was found out in the hallway (out of his parents' view) grabbing personalized M&M's for consumption. One of the staff grabbed a small cup of M&M's, took the child back with the cup of M&M's to my brother and his wife. My brother and sister-in-law were utterly impressed. Same small child ended up falling asleep before the party ended... the staff created a bed and pillow out of extra clean table cloths on the floor for my nephew. These are only a FEW of the beaming examples of great service and absolutely couple/family focused service.

Rabeea · Married on 08/07/2015

Top of the Town was the best venue my husband and I could've chosen for our August 7th wedding. The view was absolutely breathtaking, and there were even some fireworks that went off that night by the Washington Monument that made the night even more memorable! The staff was very professional, and an absolute delight to work with, they accommodated us so well, especially with the seating plan. The actual wedding itself was amazing, and our guests had a great time. The outside terrace is beautiful, and you get wonderful pictures with Washington DC in the background. I highly recommend this venue to future brides, they made our wedding day one we will never forget.

Michelle · Married on 08/01/2015

Thank you Top of the Town for making my daughter's wedding a night for everyone to remember. I can not say enough about how perfect the evening was. It was everything the bride and groom hoped for and the guests are still talking about it. Planning a wedding is difficult enough, but doing it from another state was overwhelming. However, you all made it easy and enjoyable. I actually missed not getting to talk with everyone once the wedding was over. The staff was so professional and did everything possible to make the day perfect! I had several unique requests and they made sure everything went off with no problems. The space was amazing and the views cannot be better anywhere. I have to give a special thank you to Joan! She kept me sane through this entire process and personally made sure every detail ( and I had a lot of details!) went off flawlessly. If you are planning a wedding in the DC area, it doesn't get any better than this place! The venue has views that create an ambiance that guests never forget. The staff were so pleasant to work with and genuinely want to help you create your perfect wedding. We just got our wedding video back and watching it made us realize again that we chose the perfect venue. If we could, we would do it all over again, so thank you Top of the Town!

Ashleigh · event on: 03/05/2013

Top of the Town was fabulous for our event! The guests were blown away by the views and the classic beauty of the ballroom. The patio overlooking the Potomac and DC skyline was just icing on the cake. We had 100 hair stylists attend a hair-show with a World Renowned stylist. Top of the Town was open-minded and willing to help us in any way to make our event as successful as possible. We will definitely be hosting an event at Top of the Town again!!!

I cannot say enough good things about Joan, Kate and Laura and Top of the Town!! After looking through several city vendors, with a great view being one of our highest requirements, we were thrilled to find Top of the Town and meet the staff. We were fortunate to get a great date. One of the many things that I appreciated the most was how they worked with us like they were our friends, with great suggestions and helpful ways to keep the costs down. It was not like that at all at Top of the Town. By the end of the event planning, we wanted them to attend as guests and not just because it was their job. :-) We had some unique elements to our wedding and they worked with us and accommodated us on everything. My guests are still talking about what a fabulous event it was. It was the best value in the DC area. We will have another event there, it was such a great experience.

Sara · Married on 06/14/2015

My wedding with TOTT in
    June 14/ 2015 was fabulous!
    They were strict with the rules, but it made my wedding fancy and elegant..

The staff are very friendly, they all communicate so well, and they answer almost immediately every time I called or emailed them..
    Thank you Top of The Town for the wonderful experience!!

Katie · Married on 05/16/2015

I absolutely loved working at Top of the Town for my client's wedding! Their staff were professional, helpful, nice, and a delight to work with. The views from Top of the Town are simply the best, you can see so many major D.C. landmarks from the moment you walk in and the views from the ballroom and deck are breath taking. The ballroom is laid out in a way so you have the best views and the chandeliers provide a great sparkle. Also there is plenty of parking and it is easy to locate, which is so rare for venues in the city. I highly recommend Top of the Town to all my clients!

Top of the Town was the first venue we looked at and even though we toured a few others, we were never able to get past the wonderful views! The staff was extremely helpful through out the entire process and the night of our wedding. Most of our guests were from out of town and we loved that we were able to give them such a great view of a city we love so much.

Jen · Married on 05/09/2015

From the moment we stepped into Top of the Town my fiance' and I knew it would be our wedding venue. The "wow factor" provided by the view is amazing and we had many out of town guests who could not stop talking about it. Our wedding was in May so with great weather and we utilized the terrace for cocktail hour and throughout the night. I highly recommend using the inclusive package of the DJ and food. We had great reviews and everything was taken care of. My wedding day was actually stress free as everything was taken care of. Joan, was great to work with when picking out linens/ table arrangements and all of the details I would not have thought of. I was able to show family the venue ahead of time as well and the view never got old. Perfect staff, perfect location, perfect view!

The venue itself is pretty, but their view is absolutely spectacular. We pretty much chose TOTT because of their view overlooking all of downtown DC. Some stuff to keep in mind if choosing this place (which I'm sure you'll hear all about if you requests information on the venue) is that they do limit your selection of catering and DJ to a pre-approved list, I believe for everything else you can pretty much choose whoever you want (which was nice). Their pre-approved list isn't stifling, but if for some reason you really had your heart set on something/someone else for those vendors, I believe there is an extra fee to pay to bring someone new in. Thanks to our awesome catering/DJ/officiant, our wedding was every we hoped for and more! The on site/day of managers from TOTT were also pretty amazing. Both Deb Prado and Diane Sundholm were very attentive, grabbed food/drinks for us (probably the only few bites of food I had all day!), helped everyone stick to the timeline and flow, and at the end physically helped us load all the stuff we had personally brought in (which was a lot and heavy!). If you want a beautiful venue with a spectacular view of downtown DC, this place was amazing!

WOW! This place is awesome, beautiful view! The only "bad" thing about this place is that it only has 1 entrance. It's 12 floors up over condos. So during the reception you're not allowed to jump or have line dancing. They will charge/fine you if you play songs that are on there "do not play list".

This place fills up as for making reserving, we were lucky to reserve a spot on Sunday. Everything went smoothly.

Kristin · Married on 07/05/2014

We LOVE Top of the Town! We held our rehearsal dinner there on July 4, 2014 and it was just about the most amazing venue we could have picked for the fireworks. The staff is fabulous, even bouncing party crashers for us. The view is spectacular, and it gave me shivers every time I went up there. We knew of the location because we had my sister's rehearsal dinner there 8 years earlier, and it was complete perfection. I hope I'm lucky enough to attend another event there in my life time, because it is breathtaking. Thank you TOTT!

Bob · Married on 05/04/2014

The best view in Washington! Joan and Kate provided all inclusive service, and coordinated the music, catering and all of the small details, and did it in a friendly, professional manner. Their suggestions for catering, music and flowers were perfect. Alex and Ruth worked ceaselessly to make every detail perfect during the setup, ceremony and reception. Everyone loved the event, especially the bride and groom. We would not hesitate to do it exactly the same if we had it to do all over. We highly recommend this venue.