Top of the Town Reviews

Top of the Town 6
Top of the Town 7

Gopika · Getting married on 05/30/2020

Our Beautiful Engagement Ceremony at Top of the Town

Where can I begin? I could not have envisioned a better location for our engagement ceremony to take place. From working with incredible staff members ( Kate, Vivian, Laura) to witnessing the sunset and full moon amongst the beautiful DC skyline. The view from this venue is truly priceless. I would highly recommend this to anyone.

Sent on 04/21/2019
  • Eileen

Eileen Barber · Married on 02/23/2019

Unique venue with breathtaking city views!

Top of the Town was a beautiful venue for our wedding! Lovely views, the perfect size to have our ceremony and reception for 115 guests! Discounted rates for offseason and they allow you to provide your own alcohol.

Sent on 03/23/2019
    Top of the Town 8
    Top of the Town 9
    Top of the Town 10
    Top of the Town 11

Kris · Married on 06/15/2018

Great venue, great staff, great view. You cannot go wrong here. Your guests will love the view and patio for drinks on a summers night. Best choice for venue.!

Sent on 06/18/2018
  • Alana

Alana · Married on 05/18/2018

I absolutely loved having my wedding at Top of the Town! It rained on my wedding day but my guests still utilized the awesome outdoor terrace and nothing beats the panoramic view of Washington, D.C. I found that my wedding contacts at the venue were easy to get in touch with and very helpful when it came to planning my wedding. Not only that, but there are so many aspects of the venue that are beautiful starting with the scenic elevator ride up to the gorgeous hallways leading to the reception room. Although the venue does come with restrictions as far as vendors, I found that this actually helped with my wedding planning process as I had never planned a wedding or an event like this before so I came from zero experience. I found great vendors through their list as a result and ones I will recommend to my friends for future events. All in all, it was wonderful to have my wedding here! I highly recommend it!

Sent on 05/23/2018

Mary · Married on 11/18/2017

The venue was beautiful and the DC skyline views were breathtaking. Kate and her team were wonderful. Accommodating and responsive. They have many years of experience and know what they are doing. On the day of, TOTT's Allison made sure we were comfortable, had a chance to eat, and gave us the opportunity to take great pictures w/ the DC lights in the background. We highly recommend!

Sent on 03/26/2018
    Top of the Town 12
    Top of the Town 13
    Top of the Town 14

JOANN · Married on 10/01/2017

We held our daughters wedding at ToT in October 2017. It is "the place" for a DC area wedding. You get 5 hours of the same view of the DC monuments that you see for 5 seconds when taking of and landing at National. Airport. Guests--both local and out-of-town--were in awe of the spectacular views. Weddings are long, so it provides a wondrous diversion for guests. We had both sunny afternoon and evening lit-up views. Spectacular. We found TOT staff to be supportive (we lost a close family member a week before the wedding) and they stepped in to coordinate everything with the caterer, DJ, florist and photographer. TOT staff are top notch. Their recommended vendors are outstanding and it saved a lot of time in screening and selecting other vendors. Many guests said it was the best wedding they ever attended. Highly, highly recommend.

Sent on 10/17/2017

Amy · Married on 08/19/2017

Top of the Town was the first venue we looked at for our wedding and after seeing the view, we didn't look any further. We wanted to have a wedding that really felt unique to DC and this did it. We did a sit down dinner for 138 guests. The dance floor isn't huge, but it actually was great because it always felt like a huge crowd was dancing, even if people were enjoying the outdoor terrace. I'm still hearing from people about what a great time they had. TOTT was very easy to work with, responsive and flexible.

Sent on 09/10/2017

Charlie · Married on 06/24/2017

Amazing venue, with the most stunning views of DC. The staff were incredibly easy to work with, total pros who thought of every possible detail and were great at communication and super helpful in planning. We worked closely with Kate Markham who arranged for a fantastic day-of coordinator who kept everything humming smoothly. A fantastic event thanks to this great venue and their staff!

Sent on 07/12/2017

john · Married on 04/02/2017

This is by far, the most gorgeous venue that we have had experienced with. The view was breathtaking. Family and friends would not stop complimenting us on our decision to select Top of the Town, to host our Wedding Reception. We are anxiously waiting for the pictures to come back so that we can relive our moment here. Simply astonishing.

Sent on 04/04/2017

Sandra · event on 02/17/2017

Exceptionally beautiful place. Event Manager was on call at all times and ready to assist if needed. Would recommend this venue without hesitation for any type of event.

Sent on 03/03/2017

Danalisa · Married on 11/25/2016

Top of the Town is an amazing venue. The views are breathtaking, the facility is elegant, and the staff is so helpful and professional. Our guests are still talking about what a great time they had at our reception.

Sent on 01/18/2017

Jessica · Married on 11/10/2016

The place is amazing. Everyone loved the sightseeing. Deb helped me that day, she was amazing and very professional.
    Very happy I choose this place for my wedding.

Thanks

Sent on 11/14/2016

Patricia · event on 11/04/2016

The Top of the Town is the premier location in the Washington area for any type of event. I recently held a memorial service there and as usual the event was flawless thanks to the incredible staff at the TOTT. The event Managers were there from start to finish to help me with decisions in the planning and everything was flawless thanks to them. I have held several other events there in the past few years and each time I have been amazed at the ease of planning with the staff. The view of the monuments, the city & river is by far the best you will find anywhere and having the outside deck area is an added bonus. This is the perfect location for any type of event.

Sent on 12/11/2016

Great venue with an amazing view! Service was FANTASTIC and they treated me, as the bride, exceptionally well!! All my guests raved about the location!!

Sent on 11/29/2016

Deborah · event on 09/19/2016

I brought a bus of about 30 association executives and sponsors to Top of the Town for a reception and dinner. I though they would lynch me on the way over, as they were wondering why we were exiting DC in traffic for a dinner. Well, they changed their tune on arrival at this spectacular venue. It has the absolutely best, fantastic view of DC ever, and with the inside room with its wall of windows and the outside deck, it provides just the right ambiance for a "wow" of an event. The staff was easy and professional to deal with, and I used a recommended caterer (Main Event, also 5++ stars) and musician (Michael Kolmstetter, 5 stars), and it couldn't have been easier or better. I had to take a real chance, working long distance, with no opportunity to see the venue in person or meet with the players, but everything went perfectly. What a great night! Even the locals were unaware of the venue, and suitably impressed.

Sent on 09/30/2016

Ken · event on 08/04/2016

I did a memorial reception for my parents, who had just been buried at Arlington National Cemetery, with full military honors. There were some heavy weights in attendance at his funeral and the reception. I was complimented by all for the event, the location, the amenities, the views, and I can only compliment Laura Irwin and her staff for helping me plan a perfect reception. Laura helped me with a list of caterers and transportation services that proved invaluable. I mean perfect, not one single thing went wrong.

Sent on 08/25/2016

Susan · event on 07/13/2016

The Top of the Town is my favorite event venue in Washington, DC. Every year, as the elevator climbs to the top level, my eyes pop open at the full panoramic view of Washington, DC. Regardless of the weather, the view is breathtaking. The facility is always impeccably clean and elegant. The staff is great to work with and are helpful and very professional. I would definitely recommend the venue to a friend. It is a great place for a business event or any type of celebration.

Sent on 08/04/2016

Donald · event on 06/10/2016

Alpha Recon Association held a reunion in the Washington DC area. We had utilized the Top of the Town ("TOT") in 2005 and this reunion came back as we had such a positive experience then. We are a group of Viet Nam veterans that served together nearly 50 years ago. This TOT venue is SPECIAL and everyone of our over 50 attendees felt that as well. The TOT staff was very helpful in all our inquiries.They are the BEST!

Sent on 06/23/2016

Jill · event on 04/21/2016

My organization hosted our annual charity benefit at TOTT back in 2013. It was an ideal venue for the number of guests anticipated. The view from the venue is absolutely beautiful! As for event planning, I deeply appreciate their professionalism, open and timely communications, and the convenient all-inclusive services at a very reasonable cost. Everyone at TOTT were extremely helpful from the beginning to the end. It seemed effortless! It came as no surprise that we opted to host it at TOTT again this year and I am fully satisfied. Looking forward to our next visit. Thank you so much TOTT

Sent on 05/17/2016

Heba · Married on 04/16/2016

This venue is absolutely amazing!!! Beautiful views!! And the staff is truly wonderful! They are so helpful and flexible and they have an all inclusive option where they will set you up with a dj and caterer and make your life so much easier! And they are flexible with the all inclusive option where you can pick the option but select your own caterer if you want. They are very responsive and work with you every step of the way! I had the most amazing reception there and it could not have gone more smoothly!

Sent on 05/03/2016

Rosemary · event on 11/01/2015

Our ski club celebrated its 50th anniversary at Top of the Town. Planning was made easy by the professional staff who were always available to answer questions and/or give suggestions. The venue is lovely with spectacular views of the Washington Monument and other historical landmarks in the city. The terrace provided more views of the city and was usable even on a cool November evening.

Sent on 11/21/2015

Daniel · Married on 10/17/2015

We had the complete package that included the amazing Main Event Caterers and the great Norman Voss as the DJ. When MANY guests who have each lived in the DC area for over 30 years, never been to the place and were utterly dazzled by the venue and its view, immediately a good time is had by all. Upon arrival, my wife and I got off the elevator and walked ten steps down the beautiful hallway with our bridal party where we found a regal waitress standing at attention holding two drinks (pre-ordered a month prior) for us. My wife had to use the ladies room so she went with her bridesmaids. The waitress handed me my drink, took the drink order for the groomsman and then went into the ladies room to take the drink orders of the bridesmaids... if that is not service, I don't know what is! Top of the Town is all about service... even getting on their hands and knees with scissors to cut (at our request) the bride's dress so she is able to more easily walk/dance. One of my brother's kids was found out in the hallway (out of his parents' view) grabbing personalized M&M's for consumption. One of the staff grabbed a small cup of M&M's, took the child back with the cup of M&M's to my brother and his wife. My brother and sister-in-law were utterly impressed. Same small child ended up falling asleep before the party ended... the staff created a bed and pillow out of extra clean table cloths on the floor for my nephew. These are only a FEW of the beaming examples of great service and absolutely couple/family focused service.

Sent on 10/27/2015

Rusty · event on 10/08/2015

This is a beautiful venue we used every year for a fundraiser for the past seven years. Our constituents love the roof top space overlooking the Mall. Spectacular! The staff are always very helpful and accommodating and everyone is excited to attend.

Sent on 11/03/2015

Liz · event on 09/17/2015

When you think of world class customer service, Top of the Town will truly come to mind after you have the chance to work with their incredible team. The space itself is incredibly beautiful, and the views of the Capitol, Arlington Cemetery, and other parts of the region are unmatched. The staff is absolutely wonderful. Kate, Laura and Joan are thoughtful, attentive, exceedingly professional, responsive and very kind. Working with them on your event will make your experience that much better!

Sent on 09/24/2015