Top Hat Productions Reviews

Top Hat Productions 7
  • Kathy

Kathy · Married on 10/05/2019

He was fantastic!

Mark is amazing! I hired him for my first daughter's wedding reception 6 years ago. And when my second daughter got engaged and we needed a DJ, I didn't hesitate to call him again to hire him for her wedding also. We got so many compliments from our guests of how great he was, and he really kept the dance floor hopping with his music choices. He is so professional and meets with the bride and groom to get a feel of what kind of music they want. If you are looking for a DJ, don't hesitate to hire Mark! I recommend him 110% and give him 5 stars. We are so glad we hired him a second time! You will love him!!

Sent on 10/11/2019

Joanna · Married on 09/21/2019

If you’re looking for a wedding DJ, look no further.

Top Hat productions exceeded our expectations for a wedding DJ! Great to work with, responded quickly with any questions or concerns! He came the day before to our reception location and set up and even played a couple of songs our nephew wanted to hear, which our family loved! Can’t say enough good things about him! He even went the extra mile and recorded himself pronouncing our bridal party so when the time came every name introduced was completely perfect! Also, sent us dancing pictures from the amazing night! If you’re looking for a DJ, Top Hat Productions will not disappoint! Thank you again for giving us such an amazing service!

Sent on 10/19/2019

Haylee Smith · Married on 09/14/2019

The. Best.

Mark was nothing but amazing! I knew of Mark when I was in my best friends wedding a year prior and she had Mark as her DJ. After her reception, I told her, when I get married, he’ll be my DJ! A year later, here we were having Mark as my DJ! He helped me out with the ceremony and the reception! He played amazing music and even stuck to my “do-not-play-list” :) Everyone was on the dance floor ALL NIGHT!

Sent on 10/18/2019

Sara Brown · Married on 08/24/2019

Wedding MC

Mark is a talented professional who made our wedding a night everyone will remember. Multiple guests commented on how much they enjoyed the MC/DJ. We would tell anyone who is getting married to book Mark ASAP. We can’t sing his praises enough. Mark even took the time to take pictures and capture special memories on the dance floor. He sent us pictures. I one else could have captured. He cares about his clients and is so easy to work with.

Sent on 09/09/2019
    Top Hat Productions 12
  • Kaitlin

Kaitlin J · Married on 07/27/2019

Absolutely awesome DJ!

Oh my gosh, Mark with Top Hat productions was the absolute best! Firstly, Mark was incredibly easy to work with. He was easy to reach by phone or email, and always very prompt. He was genuinely excited to talk about the services that he could provide us, and my husband and I knew talking with him after our initial phone consultation that he was our guy. Secondly, Mark exceeded our expectations on our wedding day! The sound system, the uplighting, his professionalism while announcing, the music choices, getting the dance floor going, etc - everything was awesome! One of our biggest hopes for our wedding was a poppin’ dance floor with lots of guests movin’ and groovin’ - and let me tell you, Mark helped us achieve exactly that! Not to sound cheesy, but it was a dream come true.
    Mark is the best, and we couldn’t be more grateful! We tip our hats to you :-)

Sent on 08/26/2019
  • Cindy

Cindy · Married on 06/08/2019

Mark was the best DJ!!!

Mark from Top Hat Productions was our DJ for our ceremony and reception. He was easy to work with and was very professional throughout the whole process. Overall he did a great job with both the ceremony and reception. I would absolutely recommend Mark to anyone looking for a fun, professional DJ for their wedding.

Sent on 06/17/2019

Mary Sallee · Married on 04/06/2019

Completely exceeded expectations

Mark goes above and beyond. He did everything in his power to make our wedding weekend run smoothly and stress free for us. He’s totally laid back, goes with the flow and takes charge on everything you would hope a DJ would and more. He is accommodating, professional, friendly and fun. Excellent communication skills. He kept our party going until 11:30pm and people still weren’t ready to leave the dance floor. He’s a great guy and knows what he’s doing!!! Highly recommend to anyone looking for a wedding DJ. My sister used him, then I used him, and now my cousin is using him for her wedding coming up. Everybody loves Mark!! :)

Sent on 05/09/2019
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 03/23/2019

Best dj ever!

Mark from Top Hat Productions was the DJ for our wedding in Peoria on 3•23•19 and we couldn't have been happier with his service! Mark was super easy and pleasant to work with and truly knows music! My husband and I, along with all of our guests had an amazing time with all of the music that was played from start to finish of our reception. We got so many compliments from our guests on what great music we had at our wedding! Mark is fabulous at reading a crowd and feeling out what music should be played. He also did some additional uplighting for us that went perfect with our wedding colors and truly helped tie the ballroom and all the decor together, while still making great lighting for pictures! Another thing to note is that after our photographer left at the end of the reception, Mark went out and took a ton of pictures on his camera of everyone dancing and uploaded them to a shareable album for us!!! That was such a nice surprise that we definitely weren't expecting! His prices are very fair and you can tell he genuinely loves what he does! We cannot say enough great things about Top Hat Productions and highly, HIGHLY recommend using him for your wedding or special event!!! Thank you again so very much, Top Hat Productions for making our reception such an outstanding time with all of our friends and family!!! ❤️

Sent on 05/13/2019

Allison · Married on 01/19/2019

Top Hat Productions

Mark was phenomenal! Communication is absolutely not an issue with him. He was such a key asset to my winter wedding last weekend. He always had a suggestion when I wasn’t sure what to do next. You really feel as if Mark is truly there to make everyone is having a great time. He stayed involved with the guests all night. Plus, he even comes with his camera to take extra shots to reminisce on! It was also a stress relief that he stopped by the rehearsal to prepare for the next day to make sure everything was in order. I had numerous guests make comments that they enjoyed the DJ and even the venue made a comment about Mark being one of their favorite. Overall, we just enjoyed our time with Mark and would definitely recommend him ☺️🎤

Sent on 01/25/2019

Joselyn · Married on 09/29/2018

Best DJ Around

Mark is amazing! He definitely knows how to read your crowd. Our dance floor/whole pavillion was packed all night. He gave many suggestions and was almost my reception coordinator. He came to our rehearsal to make sure he was prepared for the next day. He takes pictures of the reception for you. Such a nice guy! Would recommend him to anyone!!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Julie Cruice · Married on 07/28/2018

Awesome DJ!

Absolutely wonderful! Mark is very organized and easy to work with. The music was great all night long. He even mixed up two songs for one of the dances as we couldn't decide which song to use. I would highly recommend him. He also did our ceremony music and it went great!

Sent on 02/15/2019

Michelle · Married on 07/07/2018

Top Hat DJ was one of the BEST decisions that we made for our wedding. Mark clearly cares SO much about what the couple wants and how good of a time you have. He works so hard to make your day perfect. He met with us to find out what kind of music we like, how to pronounce everyone's names, songs we want, etc. He also went above and beyond with included uplights (and cheap prices for additionals) and giving us photos he took at the reception for free! ALSO, he was so great at moderating the flow of our reception by judging how our guests were feeling and periodic checkins with us. AAAND i had so many guests tell me unsolicited how great our dj was.
    12/10. loved him.

Sent on 09/21/2018

Cindi · Married on 06/23/2018

Mark is a true professional. He is classy and kind, and knows how to read an audience and keep the dance floor hopping. So many people commented on how awesome his song selection was - across generations, everyone enjoyed!! He also arranged a great slide show our guests really enjoyed, and he helped coordinate a family flash mob that was so fun. I highly recommend Top Hat. He made our daughter’s wedding both elegant and FUN FUN FUN! Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/26/2018
    Top Hat Productions 13
    Top Hat Productions 14

Emily · Married on 05/18/2018

Mark at Top Hat Productions exceeded my expectations! Here are some of the many ways he is the best choice for a DJ:
    1. Gets your guests out and dancing! I think this takes a lot of skill on the part of a DJ, and he knew just which songs to play at the right time to keep everyone having a really fun time.
    2. Extremely organized--we were both on the same page about the order of the night
    3. Makes announcements when needed, but doesn't let it get in the way of the dancing/dinner
    4. Overall great quality sound and choice of songs
    5. The night was extremely fluid, and I attribute that to Mark. He made me feel at ease about the order of the reception (ie cake cutting, speeches, dances, etc.) which made the day stress-free for me!
    6. He knew exactly what type of uplighting to recommend and make the venue (Metamora Fields) look stunning.

I couldn't recommend him more!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Kaitlyn · Married on 01/13/2018

Mark went above and beyond to make our wedding reception amazing. The music flowed all evening, with a perfect mix of classic oldies and current popular songs. He managed to keep our guests of all ages on the dance floor which is exactly what we wanted! Mark also created slideshows of photos that played throughout the evening and all of our guest raved about how fun it was to look at old photos! Thank you Mark for your amazing work and dedication to making our reception a night we will never forget!!

Sent on 02/01/2018

Lyndsay · Married on 01/05/2018

Mark was fantastic! He did a phenomenal job at our wedding! Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/24/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 12/31/2017

Mark from TopHat Productions did an absolutely amazing job DJing our New Years Eve wedding! We could not be happier with the service he provided! Our guests had a great time and were on the dance floor all night! Mark is extremely professional, quick to respond, and he really seems to love what he's doing! He has a huge selection of songs as well as music videos, great lighting options, and very nice screens/projectors for pictures/videos. We would highly recommend Mark with TopHat Productions for any wedding or event! Thanks for making our wedding reception so perfect, Mark!!! :)

Sent on 01/22/2018

Emily · Married on 11/04/2017

Mark was amazing! We were planning our wedding from a couple hours away and he took time to talk to us over the phone whenever we needed and was always available by email. He is the by far best DJ in the area! Our dance floor was full the entire night and our guests loved the variety in music. People were exhausted from dancing at the end of the night. You can tell how much passion Mark has for his job just by speaking with him and in his attitude throughout the entire process. He worked really well with our photographer and videographer, and made announcements throughout the night to keep our reception on track and keep our photobooth line full as well. He created a slideshow to play during dinner and sent us a copy after the wedding so we would be able to keep it. We would HIGHLY recommend Top Hat Productions!

Sent on 11/30/2017

Chelsi · Married on 10/14/2017

He was amazing! The crowd loved the music selection and he was very professional and organized! Made the reception so much fun!

Sent on 11/24/2017

Natalie · Married on 10/07/2017

Mark was a great DJ for my wedding!!! He played all the perfect songs, put together an amazing slideshow for our guest to watch during the reception and was even out on the dance floor taking pictures. Something not many DJs would do. He went above and beyond my expectations and I would recommend him to anyone looking for DJ services :)

Sent on 11/30/2017

Ana · Married on 09/30/2017

Mark was awesome! He really understood what we were looking for in our reception music, which was really important to us. He did a great job at keeping the dance floor hopping and accommodating our musical requests.

Sent on 10/08/2017

Alex · Married on 09/16/2017

We used Top Hat for our wedding in September and were so impressed! Mark was super flexible about music and was willing to work with a request list we gave him, as well as his own stuff. He was cool working with a do-not-play list, as well as guest requests. Lots of people commented on the music and the dance floor was always crowded- there was never a song that people couldn’t dance to.

Mark was very professional and worked well with the other vendors. He was great at working with the timeline we set and was a fantastic MC. He even came out for the rehearsal to run through the music, which was so incredibly nice of him. The quality of the equipment he brought was great- no random feedback or poor quality sound- and the volume was always comfortable!

Overall, we highly recommend Top Hat!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Erin · Married on 08/19/2017

We absolutely LOVED having Mark as our DJ! He was so quick to respond to any emails, and very accommodating when it came to us sitting down to talk with him. Our wedding guests commented not only on how fun the music was during the dancing, but also how great it was during dinner and not just the typical wedding reception songs you hear. Mark also took photos during our reception and they are so much fun to look at. It captures a side of the wedding you don't always get. It's so awesome to see so many of our wedding guests out on the dance floor in candid moments. We would absolutely book him again in a heartbeat and recommend Top Hat Productions to anyone getting married! Such a great experience.

Sent on 09/07/2017

Tracy · Married on 08/05/2017

Mark did my daughters wedding 8 months ago. The biggest compliment I can give is that every person we run into brings up the reception and the DJ and how fun he made the night. Everything he did from the early planning to the day itself were excellent.

Sent on 03/18/2018

Kelli · Married on 07/29/2017

Mark was great during our reception ! We absolutely loved working with him and had the best experience, we got so many compliments on a job well done ! And he was so accomodating with intertwining danish/American traditions to our day! Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/04/2017