163 Reviews for Top Hat Entertainment

Sound/PA System (24)
Uplighting (20)
Liability Insurance (6)
163 Top Hat Entertainment Reviews

Larry was amazing. He was super easy to work with and kept everyone on the dance floor. We used him for the ceremony, reception, and as our emcee. He kept us on track and the evening flowed smoothly and timely. He recorded our vows and played them over a song later and it brought me to tears, one of my favorite moments of the night.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 4/29/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones

Larry was the absolute best from start to finish. He met every need that we asked for. He was also very timely in getting back to us with our questions. Best in the business!!

Profile Picture Casey, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Larry was one of the absolute best parts of our wedding! He was funny, engaging, and kept everything upbeat and on track. Just one example of how amazing he is: we had forgotten to tell him about the shoe game we wanted to play during the reception, so I was prepared to just skip it but my husband was insistent. In the middle of dinner, he goes up to Larry and hands him the list of questions. Larry hosted the game without blinking and sounded like he had rehearsed it a million times, even though he had only been made aware of it 30 minutes before!
My guests also raved about the selection of music during the party. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone. Thank you for making our wedding extra special, Larry!

Profile Picture Alex, 1/6/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Larry made the entire process very easy including helping keep the wedding events coordinated and moving in a timely manner.

Profile Picture Tony, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Larry was professional and upbeat. He ensured our reception went along seamlessly and everyone had a great time.

Profile Picture Megan, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Larry is an exceptional DJ! He has the personality that the guests love and respond to. Larry made our day the best!

Profile Picture Tom, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Larry was great! He played great music and the up-lighting added a really nice touch to our reception!

Profile Picture Leah, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We loved having Larry as our DJ for our wedding! The uplighting was great and he did a fabulous job picking out songs for our reception!!

Profile Picture Leah, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

BEST DECISION I MADE! Larry was practically our wedding planner! We went over everything in such detail that the flow of everything couldn't have been more PERFECT! He went above and behind what was asked! Our wedding (on top a mountain in Estes Park) and reception (at our house in Loveland) was OUTSTANDING and Larry was a MASSIVE part of that! He played everything we asked and when we wanted and stayed as long as we wanted. He announced the wedding party like football players with lights and music and a fog machine like we wanted. He did the shoe game for us. He even incorporated our vows from the wedding into a song that he played during the reception, which was AWESOME! Then, he recorded the vow song and other memorable songs on a CD and mailed to us immediately. Everyone complimented on how AWESOME "The DJ" was! He really made people want to dance and have the time of their lives! Larry is an ABSOLUTE MUST for your wedding and reception!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Liability Insurance

Larry was excellent! A joy to work with. Very responsive to communications. He understands what is needed to help make a wedding and reception go smoothly and will work with you and your partner to come up with a plan. We met with him twice to discuss our wedding and reception and felt everything was good to go, aside from minor changes which he made easily. Our guests enjoyed his way of dismissing tables to get dinner with his theme song trivia game. Great equipment, kids loved the lights. He knows what he is doing and is very reasonably priced. We also got the ‘uplighting’ he offers which was a great addition to the decor. Highly recommend

Profile Picture Clinton, 9/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

After finding Larry for our first daughter's wedding at Arrowhead Golf Course in Littleton, CO last June, we knew that we had to have him again for our second wedding. As soon as our second daughter became engaged this spring and chose her wedding venue and date, I emailed Larry to see if he was free. (We would have changed the date if he had not been free - that's how much we liked and appreciated his expertise last year!) Once again, he did so much to make our wedding reception the wonderful celebration we were hoping it would be. Thank you, Larry!

Profile Picture CD, 9/16/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Larry was great, he did a perfect job with our ceremony and reception, was very easy and fun to work with and was nice enough to send us a CD with our ceremony music and vows after the wedding. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Brittany, 9/15/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Larry was amazing! He had the dance floor packed and was super patent when we asked him to make announcements. I highly reccomend!! You will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Joanna, 9/9/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Very fun night! Did a good job.

Profile Picture Jane, 9/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Larry at Top Hat Entertainment was awesome! He was so great to work with. He listened to my wife's and my needs and made sure they were met. It's evident Larry's level of experience when the dance floor stays hopping from the beginning to the end! He was worth every penny!

Profile Picture Kevin, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Larry was fantastic! He really went above and beyond to make our wedding run smoothly. He even provided additional equipment for our outdoor ceremony which was a better value than renting our venue's equipment. Larry listened to all of our needs and helped make some great music choices for the reception. So many of our guests commented on how great the dj was! We recommend Larry from Top Hat Entertainment to anyone getting married in the Denver metro area and along the front range!

Profile Picture Katherine, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had a great experience with Larry. Everything was easy and flowed smoothly the day of, which was extra appreciated given we never had the opportunity to meet in person prior since we lived out of state. Everybody loved the music and had a great time on the dance floor. He even added a personal touch replaying our vows over the music during a slow dance song. It was so special. I would absolutely recommend him.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 9/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Larry was seriously perfect. After allllll those days of planning and overthinking your event, you HAVE to have a DJ you can completely trust with essentially running your event! Larry was very organized, on time, personable, and just an all-around great host and party starter! All of the music was perfect. There is so much to be said for someone that takes pressure off the bride on her big day. We also took advantage of the uplighting service and personalized monogram. Both turned out great. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/25/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Larry at Top Hat Entertainment is AMAZING! He is the absolute perfect D.J. for any and all weddings. Our ceremony and reception were both beautiful and fun due in large part to his music. We did not have to worry about what music would be playing at what time because Larry is incredibly talented at what he does. We could just enjoy the night of our life with the best soundtrack! Working with him prior to the wedding was a breeze and part of the planning we looked forward to! We would 110% recommend Larry - I am so thankful we were able to book him!

Profile Picture Katie, 8/11/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

What a great experience!!! Larry was great and easy to work with. He knew just how to keep things going and was helpful in every way. He was part of the reason that all of our guests had a wonderful experience with us! Hire him and you won't be sorry!!!!

Profile Picture Barbara, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Larry was awesome and very fun! Totally worth it

Profile Picture Lori, 7/24/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Our guests raved to us about our DJ after the wedding! Larry did an amazing job, and kept our guests dancing all night!

Profile Picture Erin, 7/15/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Using Top Hat Entertainment services was one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding. Larry was very helpful, patient, polite and extremely flexible. If you're looking for a DJ who is professional and mature yet a lot of fun - use Top Hat Entertainment. Our wedding guests had so much fun - Larry knows how to keep the dance floor busy. I could not have asked for a better DJ. Thank you so much for all you did, Larry; and thanks for the wonderful surprise. You're the best !!!!

Profile Picture Farhan, 7/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Larry is a pro's pro! He knows exactly what to do. U gave us wonderful guidance for planning our ceremony music and then at the reception kept playing all the best songs to keep the dance floor packed the entire night. We would highly recommend Larry and Top Hat Entertainment for any event you're planning.

Profile Picture Heather , 7/2/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I cannot say enough great things about Larry. We went through all our CD's and knew what type of music we wanted and what type we did not want. We probably scared him a little when we sent him numerous song titles. With the time, we had to pick out our must plays so was not sure what the rest of the night would be but trusted Larry on his choices. We could not have been any happier. We also could not decide between two songs that would be for our first dance so sent both to Larry and we wanted to be surprised. It was fun when the song came on to see which one it was. He played the other one during the reception. We wanted to have the toast, cake etc done at beginning so could go into open dance for the rest of the night and Larry was very easy to work with on the schedule we wanted. We did not want to have guest requests because we felt if someone was going to dance it would not matter what song it was that they would be out there to dance and Larry professionally kept to this request and I am so happy we went this route. My daughter went up to him at one point to do a request and when I looked his way he was looking to get an okay from me or maybe he was trying to say (help) as she can be pretty convincing. It was really funny. When I gave him an okay nod, he was able to pull her song right then. Larry met us when we pulled up to the lodge to ask a question as he did not want to assume something since the last couple of weeks I changed a few things around. He also came out to talk to the wedding party before they went in since we were having them meet and stand by our table during our first dance since we were going to go right into the toast. I was a little stressed the last couple of weeks as is normal but I was able to let it all go that day knowing that Larry and the others I worked with would take care of everything. I have alot of wonderful memories of the reception and Larry was a big part of this happening.

Profile Picture Pat, 6/18/17, 4 Reviews