Top Choice DJ Service Reviews

Top Choice DJ Service 3
Top Choice DJ Service 4

Britta Miller · Getting married on 10/06/2020

Would highly recommend!

Kelly and Dan were incredible to work with. Super friendly and charismatic during the wedding planning process and even more so on the big day! Kelly kept our typically quiet family out on the dance floor the entire night which is not any easy task! We would DEFINITELY recommend them to our friends and family along with anyone else looking for an awesome DJ!

Sent on 11/04/2019

Hey Britta!

Thank you so much for the nice review. Your family was a blast! I honestly never would have known that they were quiet and reserved. Congratulations again to you and Chase! - Kelly

Emily · Married on 10/12/2019

Great music, very attentive, professional

Kelly was great! He went above and beyond to make sure my processional music was exactly the way I wanted. The entire day he was checking in with us to make sure everything was going smoothly, made sure songs requests were approved by us before playing them. He always played songs so keep people on the dance floor and he is always dancing to the songs too to keep the right vibe going! Would highly recommend to friends.

Sent on 10/24/2019

Top Choice DJ Service's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words. I will always remember your wedding because it was outside, the first really cold day of fall, the leaves were beautiful, a light snowfall, and guests were being dropped off by tractor, and wrapping themselves in blankets. It was the most cozy feeling wedding I had ever done. It was really something special. Thank you for letting me be a part of it. I am so happy it that you enjoyed it. - Kelly

Nicole Schmitt · Married on 09/28/2019

Great experience

Our experience with Top Choice sound was great. They did have a little mix up and double booked themselves so instead of having DJ Jordan Kelly we had Sasha. Everything still went very smooth and they were very apologetic for the mistake. I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 10/16/2019

Nicole,

Thank you so much for these kind words. Again, we were so sorry about Kelly's double booking, but we knew Sasha was extremely capable of providing a great experience. Again, congratulations to you guys!
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 09/14/2019

The DJ made the night!

Everyone loved the music we played and Kelly really kept the party going all night long! It was so much fun and he had the perfect mix that totally sums up our crazy combo of music we love!

Sent on 09/19/2019

Top Choice DJ Service's reply:

I had a fantastic time DJing your wedding. For as long as I live I will never forget your dad dancing. That was pure joy. So cool. Thank you again for having me! - Kelly
  • E Larson

E Larson · Married on 09/01/2019

Incredible Experience!

Wow! What more can I say about Summit Hill Studios.

We worked with Kelly for the most part, as he was the DJ for our wedding. Dan was also a pleasure to work with through our limited interactions.

Kelly did the music for our ceremony and reception without a single issue or surprise. He brought a trainee for our big day, and it's safe to say she's learning from the best. I don't know if she had much hands-on training that day, but she was great if she did!

Unlike some of the OTHER large DJ services, it was awesome to know who our wedding DJ would be when we signed the contract with Summit Hill Studios. We met with Kelly prior to signing and knew right away that we wanted him to be the one at our wedding, so we made our deposit and signed the contract that same night.

The customer portal was incredibly user friendly, and it's really great to be able to see our music plans in writing. We were able to chip away at the details and choose specific songs as we pleased for every moment. About a week before the wedding we hopped on the phone with Kelly, pulled up the client portal, and ran through everything.

Kelly was such a joy to work with, and I would recommend him to anyone looking for and event DJ.

Sent on 09/18/2019

Top Choice DJ Service's reply:

Thank you so much! I knew when you guys wanted to have your grand entrance song be "It Takes 2" by Rob Base we were in for a really fun night, and it was! It makes me happy that not only was your reception a positive experience, but it was a positive experience all around. Thank you again, and congratulations! - Kelly
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 08/24/2019

DJ Kelly was amazing!

We chose Top Choice Sound based on the preferred vendor list at our venue (Lowertown Event Center) and I can’t recommend them highly enough! We had Kelly as our DJ and we are so happy that we did! He was very communicative and available via phone and email leading up to the wedding, and was timely, organized and professional on the day of the wedding. We had a few things that needed to be changed around with the timeline throughout the evening, and he was so adaptable in making announcements and adjusting to the changes in the schedule. He played music for both our ceremony and reception and did an incredible job! He made sure the grand entrance was very organized by talking to the wedding party beforehand, and made sure to talk directly to our parents and maid of honor to let them know where/when to be for first dances. I really appreciated that he went above and beyond with details like this, it definitely helped ease any stress. At the reception, he did a fantastic job of reading the crowd, judging which requests to take and keeping the dance floor completely packed all night which was one of the things about our wedding that we loved most. We even ended up having two last songs because the crowd wasn’t ready for the party to end yet! We seriously can’t recommend Kelly highly enough- thank you again!

Sent on 09/18/2019

Jessica Curfman · Married on 01/06/2019

Danced the night away!

We had DJ Kelly and he was amazing. We had an out door dance floor and 250 guest for our June wedding and he had it packed all night. He was able to keep everyone from the little kids to our grandparents out there dancing all night till the venue shut us down. I would highly recommend them to anyone. I was far from a bridezilla and just wanted our guest to have a great time. He was able to play all the right songs and people are still talking about our dance and how much fun they had months later. Thanks for an amazing night!

Sent on 10/17/2019
    Top Choice DJ Service 5
    Top Choice DJ Service 6

Top Choice DJ Service's reply:

This is so awesome to read. This was a great night and I had so much fun. It was the perfect wedding to kick off the summer. Thank you guys so much for the kind words. And P.S. Yes you are right. Not a "bridezilla" at all ;)

Ali Gargaro · Married on 10/20/2018

Dj kelly is amazing!

We had the pleasure of having Kelly DJ our wedding- he was nothing short of fabulous! He was so professional and fun throughout the entire night! I was not very prepared and Kelly made me so calm and just said he would handle it, and he handled it amazingly! He did my ceremony music at an offsite location and our reception. He kept everyone dancing and the party going- I believe we had 2 "last songs" because the demand was so high. I have nothing but great things to say about Kelly! I will be using him in the future for any other DJ needs and will be telling all my "to be married" friends to hire him!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Top Choice DJ Service's reply:

Thank you so much! I took some chances with the music that night because I knew the crowd was so fun they were going to love it. I LOVE weddings like yours. And that Lakeside venue was absolutely beautiful. Awesome night all around. Thank you so much. - Kelly

Katie · Married on 10/13/2018

Best Choice

We are sooo happy we chose to go with Kelly from Top Choice Sound. The first impression we got from him was what truly sold us. We had no expectations of finding a Dj at the wedding fair, but then we met Kelly. My biggest concern about picking a DJ was sound quality and the ability to do our ceremony if we didnt have power. Kelly was the only DJ that day that had a solid response. I am a teacher of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing and work with sound equipment all the time. I wanted to make sure all of our guests would be able to hear the ceremony which is not always the case with outdoor ceremonies. The day of the wedding the sound was perfect. The clarity and volume was appropriate and everything ran smoothly. Leading up to the wedding my fiance and I had a lengthy phone conversation with Kelly talking about timeline, music choices etc. He was 100% on the same page with us. The ceremony music was perfect. The day of, I barely had to talk with him which was good because I was off taking pictures. He faded songs out and new songs in so smoothly. Everyone gave us so many compliments on our ceremony music. Then the reception started. He played music during social hour, did our grand entrance and announcements. Everything came together nicely. When the dance started the music was perfect. He played songs that kept people on the dance floor and the transitions were smooth that there was no stop in music between songs. If a song came on that killed the dance floor he quickly mixed in a new song that brought people back out. Couldn’t have asked for a better DJ. So many compliments and lots of happy dancers. I think honestly though.. the fact that he made everything so stress free was the greatest part. His experience with music and customer service really shined. Thanks Kelly for such a wonderful time!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Top Choice DJ Service's reply:

This makes me so happy to read. I really enjoyed that day as well. It is so nice to be there on your wedding day with couples like you and Tyler. I wish you all the best. And again, CONGRATULATIONS!

Mary · Married on 09/22/2018

Kelly was amazing!!! He was easy to work with, listened to our vision, and made the ceremony and reception truly perfect. We received so many compliments from our guests on Kelly (his music, his energy, everything)! Thank you for making our weddding so much fun! Highly recommend :)

Sent on 09/25/2018

Stephanie · Married on 08/19/2018

Dan and Kelly are FANTASTIC! My company has used Top Choice Sound for the last 7 years for an annual Twin Cities fundraising event that draws over 600 attendees. The mix of music they play appeals to the ages of all our participants. They are professional, prompt and really go above and beyond! I would HIGHLY recommend them for any event or wedding.

Sent on 08/20/2018

Craig · Married on 08/03/2018

I regret nothing about booking Top Choice Sound for our wedding! Dan was very helpful and professional in the booking stage, making sure we got exactly what we wanted, when we wanted it. Kelly did an amazing job not only serving as DJ for the wedding but also providing the sound and set-up for the ceremony as well! He had an excellent playlist of songs for the reception but also made sure that all of our special requests were honored. The quality of sound from the microphones as well as the music was excellent and everything went off without a hitch! So many of our guests told us that it was the best wedding to which they had ever been! Both of these gentlemen were very courteous and timely in response to both email and phone calls. Two thumbs way up!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Alyssa · Married on 01/28/2017

Kelly with Top Choice DJ was a dream to work with. He was extremely organized leading up to the wedding and responsive to all of our requests. He ran our ceremony music, cocktail hour and reception. All of our guests commented on how well Kelly could read the crowd while he was DJing and he kept the party going until the very end. The sign of an amazing party is everyone staying until the end of the night and Kelly made sure that happened by playing music that all age groups could enjoy. Thanks again to Top Choice DJ for making things so easy for us from beginning to end! We highly recommend them!

Sent on 02/15/2017

Georgia · Married on 12/17/2016

We got married over a month ago and I still have people tell me how much fun they had and how great Kelly is! I was told while planning my wedding the music makes the party.... Well it's true because the dance floor was never empty. I'm so glad Kelly was was our DJ and I'm told by every guest they would highly recommend him to others. You can't go wrong with Kelly!

Sent on 02/04/2017

Michelle · Married on 10/29/2016

I am so glad we chose Kelly to be our DJ! My husband and I had searched long and hard for a DJ because that was very important to us. Throughout the decision process, Top Choice DJ stood out amongst other DJs. Kelly was genuine and he wanted to help make our wedding exactly what we wanted. He loves what he does, and he loves to help the bride and groom have the best night. He was very easy to talk to and very responsive. We texted him songs the night before and the day of the wedding, and he made them happen. At the wedding he was so full of energy and a lot of fun that it definitely made a difference. Many people have complemented how great our DJ was, and how fun the wedding was. I did't stop dancing all night and that is what I wanted. Overall, I am so glad we chose Top Choice DJ, and I highly recommend him for anyone looking for an amazing DJ.

Sent on 12/28/2016

Amber · Married on 10/01/2016

Kelly Jordan is amazing! Many of our wedding guests said that we had the most fun wedding of the year just because of him! Being that I am in that wedding stage of life right now, I attended about 7 or 8 weddings this year, and I don't think any of the DJ's held a candle to the dance party we had going on all night long. He was also incredibly flexible with last minute changes and worked so well with our other vendors. Our bridal party was even impressed that he didn't mispronounce anyone's name!

Sent on 11/30/2016

WOW- I had the opportunity to work with Kelly this past weekend. My client had hired them and it was my first time to work with him. He was extremely professional, it was the BEST music we have at all year at Onion Creek Club. The guests had a great time, I will definitely refer Kelly to all my future clients.

Sent on 11/17/2015

Keith · Married on 10/25/2015

When we went shopping for DJ s for the wedding, we had no idea what to look for. We interviewed numerous companies and none of them seemed to be a good fit for our idea of what our wedding should be, or that were compatible with our personality types. When we met Kelly with Top choice DJ Services, it was a breath of fresh air. His courtesy and professionalism made him a pleasure to work with. If asked to use one word to describe our experience with Kelly, It would be Phenomenal. Even then, it doesn't do it justice. Kelly was Awesome!!! Not only did he play all the right things at all the right times, he played with the crowd, danced with the music, and really got into the spirit of it. He made our perfect event complete. I would definitely recommend Kelly for any event. Point of fact, we will look forward to working with him in the future. I highly recommend Kelly with Top Choice DJ Services. You'll be happy with your choice!!!

Sent on 10/30/2015

Kelly was the best choice we could have made for a DJ! He had my whole family up dancing! The American Standards we chose for dinner music was perfect too. He was flexible with prior planning as well as day -of adjustments and was a better coordinator than the venue's day-of coordinator.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Terri · Married on 08/29/2015

Jorge was wonderful. From the first phone call to his follow up email less than an hr later, I knew we were hiring the right person. He went out of his way to find authentic music from Chile and add it to our songlist. Jorge was bilingual and helped with translation for our guests and kept everything going smoothly.

Top choice is a top choice and competitively less expensive than others I spoke to. Your dj is the MC of your day, go with Top Choice.

Sent on 09/06/2015

This DJ did a fantanstic job with the mix of music. Prior to the event he met with the wedding party to finalize all of the details. Very professional and my son's wedding was a success.

Sent on 08/23/2015

Seferino · Married on 08/16/2015

Jorge did an amazing job at my wedding!!! He was in constant contact with me and my wife at all times; and whenever we had changes that we wanted made, he went above and beyond to make it happen.

My wedding consisted of a lot of different ethic groups and backgrounds; and Jorge did an excellent job with playing all types of music and keeping everyone involved. You will not find a better DJ to perform at your wedding; especially a DJ who has this much professionalism in his manner.

Thanks a million Jorge for doing such an amazing job at my wedding, and making sure me and my bride were taken care of at all times!!!!

Sent on 08/24/2015

Adri · Married on 08/01/2015

Wow! My husband and I could not be more satisfied with KELLY from Top Choice DJ's! We love to dance and that's exactly what we did all night long with our wedding guests! Kelly really created the party and played a variety of music. Not only was everyone raving to us about his musical selections after the wedding, but our guests also complimented his outgoing personality and humor! We had a "cake in the face" competition that Kelly really hyped up and it yielded awesome participation! I cannot express how impressed we were with Kelly. We are from Houston and were so excited when Kelly surprised us with a special mix! It really speaks to his attention to detail and desire to make sure his clients are happy. Basically, If you are looking for a professional and passionate DJ who can keep the crowd on their feet the entire night, give Kelly a call!

Sent on 08/14/2015

Anthony · Married on 05/30/2015

My now wife and I had our wedding and were lucky enough to get Kelly as our DJ. The first thing that happened when I contacted Top Choice Dj, I was told I would receive a call from Kelly when he was free. I was contacted almost immediately. Kelly and I talked for almost 45 minutes as he got to know what we wanted for our wedding. He also got a sense of our style by asking all the right questions. My wife and I did NOT use a wedding planner so we were kind of in the dark with what to except, this is where Kelly went above and beyond in my opinion. He provided us with a little timeline sheet that really broke everything down perfectly for our wedding. Kelly kept in contact with me via email. If I had a question he answered immediately. He truly worked with us perfectly. I felt bad always asking him questions but he didn't hesitate or complain at all. He was always willing to help to make our day perfect. The day of the wedding he showed up extremely early to get set up and get any final details sorted out. We had a weird set list of music that he made work. He wasn't annoying on the microphone, he kept people dancing, he was the reason our wedding was so amazing. There were a few small hiccups on our end of the wedding (when aren't there problems at weddings) , but Kelly rolled with it and made it work. Overall I wouldn't have asked for a better DJ.

Pros:
    Affordable
    Trustworthy
    Fast and friendly with responses
    Flexible
    Not annoying on microphone
    Didn't try to be the star of the show ( he spotlighted us)

Cons:
    None!

Sent on 09/03/2015

Kelly from "Top Choice DJ Service" was great!! He was professional, he took time to listen to what our needs were for our wedding, and had a great and easy-to-use system for us to request which songs we wanted played at the wedding. We will definitely go with Kelly for the next time we need a DJ. Our dance floor was packed all night long with family and friends that were dancing their hearts out. A DJ can make or break a party, but Kelly definitely took care of the ambiance.

I should add that he works for 93.3 in Austin, the only radio station (other than NPR) worth listening to.

Sent on 06/09/2015