Tonya Malay Photography Reviews

Tonya Malay Photography 3
Tonya Malay Photography 4
Tonya Malay Photography 5

Rose · Married on 08/20/2011

Tonya Malay and her team did the photography for my August wedding on Marco Island, FL. They did such an exquisite job, making it a stress free day. Tonya and I spoke weeks before the wedding, where she took pristine notes on my wedding party & family's names, shots we wanted/didn't care for, timeline and the way we wanted to capture the day. So when Tonya showed up that day, it couldn't have went smoother; as she directed us where to go, made sure we had water/drinks, gaged how hot we were (sending us inside for frequent cool downs), etc! It was such a relief having such an organized team on a day when there is so much happening. We had our proofs within weeks and our friends & family all used her user friendly online ordering system to purchase the awesome candid shots of the party that ensued after dinner. I love our pictures and feel as though I trusted the right team to capture the memories of such an important day! My brother-in-law used Tonya for his wedding and our family will certainly call Tonya for any other upcoming sessions we need while in Florida! GREAT EXPERIENCE!!!!

Sent on 04/23/2012

J · Married on 07/22/2011

Tonya Malay provides full service and more - she is wonderful! She listened to what we wanted to get out of our photography; she was efficient, fun, creative and very professional. She was great to work with from start to finish - has excellent follow-through. Tonya captures all of our ‘moments’ and went above and beyond. We are so thankful we had her photograph our wedding day. I've received so many compliments from our photos. I highly recommend Tonya - worth every penny and is a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 12/23/2011

We were a couple from Texas planning a destination wedding in Sanibel Island so we did not have any idea who to use for a photographer. Boy did we get lucky!! Tonya was a pro! She was very organized, took wonderful photos and was fun to work with. Despite several days of cloudy, stormy weather leading up to our wedding, we managed to get a beautiful sunset and the images that Tonya captured were breathtaking! I would highly recommend Tonya to anyone that is getting married in this area of Florida.

Sent on 02/29/2012

Bill · Married on 07/01/2011

Tonya Malay Photography was fantastic. My wife and I were researching another photography company and were appalled by how the representative treated us on the phone. One phone call to Tonya and our decision was an easy one! She was professional, courteous, respectful of our requests, and guided through the many decisions regarding the photography of our wedding (albums, specific shots, style, etc). The quality of the photos are fantastic. We received the DVD of pictures files within a few weeks and our preview album was better than we could have imagined.
    Tonya and her assistant Mikey did a great job handling the ladies the day of the wedding!! Emma was awesome with us guys and even showed up an hour early (and made the Groom worried he would be late for his own wedding!!). The shots turned out beautifully and we look forward to our album, once we pick the photos we want in it (we have been procrastinating). They made us feel like the center of attention on our special without overwhelming us! The handled the entire day efficiently, with class and precision. They didn't take up a lot of our time throughout the day knowing we had so much going on, just enough time to get great shots, especially our beach sunset ones!
    We do wish we had more shots with my wife's father but in the hectic events of the day we didn't realize we didn't get many with him. The only other thing we wish we had were some photos of our final song of the night (Garth Brooks: Friends in Low Places) where our guests surrounded us and wished us well and gave us many hugs and handshakes...it was a really awesome moment; unfortunately it was at 12:30am and Tonya and crew were done at midnight.
    We have been nothing but completely satisfied with Tonya Malay Photography!! We would highly recommend her and Emma!! The are highly experienced wedding photographers and working with them is smooth and that makes all this difference when planning a wedding!!

Sent on 05/23/2012

Tonya and her colleague Emma are absolutely the best! Tonya was easy to communicate with and very speedy in responding to me prior to wedding. She kept everything as close to schedule as she could, which I appreciated. Having two large families to photograph takes time and she managed everyone great. When I got the photos of my wedding afterwards I was so happy. She captured everything better than I could have dreamed. I would recommend her over and over and don't think there is anyone better. Oh and even better, she was very decently priced compared to others I had priced out. I can't say enough good things about Tonya.

Sent on 10/25/2012

Kerri · Married on 06/15/2011

Tonya was so wonderful to work with especially considering we were planning a destination wedding. She was quick to respond to my emails and phone calls, putting me at ease with the long distance plans. The value of our photos far exceeded our expectations. Her and Emma are such a great team, plus Mike and Mikey...we couldn't have picked a better photographer.

Sent on 04/19/2012

Tiffany · Married on 06/11/2011

All I can say is Tonya does not miss a beat! She takes the time upfront to learn which shots matter the most, she's incredibly easy to work with, and she captures and creates beautiful photos, which means that you don't need to worry about a thing on your big day! A++++

Sent on 02/24/2012

Jessica · Married on 05/22/2011

Tonya Malay is an extremely professional and talented wedding photographer, and we are more than ecstatic with the results! All of our wedding guests commented on how great she and her team were. Recommending her and giving her a 5 star rating is a no-brainer. Thank you Tonya!

Sent on 02/23/2012

Robyn · Married on 05/15/2011

I live in California and was planning a wedding in Captiva Island, Florida. I was on the search for a wedding photographer for a sunset wedding and ran across Tonya Malay. The photography was VERY important to us since it would capture all of our memories from our special day that we would have with us forever and pass down to our kids and grandkids. I immediately connected with Tonya on the phone and knew she was the one. Come wedding day, she was beyond anything I could have ever hoped for and more than exceeded my high expectations (and I am picky). She and her team were on time, beyond professional, fun to work with, captured every shot we wanted and her work is amazing! I HIGHLY recommend her. She is the absolute perfect wedding photographer!

Sent on 05/16/2012

Michelle · Married on 05/07/2011

Tonya Malay and her team are true professionals and not only created beautiful photographs of our wedding day and a stunning album, but also went above and beyond in every aspect. I only live about 10 mins away from Tonya but hired her over the phone after our initial conversation. She helped me in finding other vendors, all of which I was very happy with, offered advice in planning every element of our wedding day. I thought her prices were very reasonable for the product and level of service she provides. Honestly, had I paid triple I do not think I could possibly receive any better value. Her photos are amazing, and not only that but she coached us through the day perfectly. She was able to keep us on our time line and direct everyone, in order to make sure we were able to get all of the shots we wanted and have alot of fun as well. The credit should not only go to Tonya but her entire team. Her assitant Emma and husband Mike are absolutely wonderful. Tonya was a big part of our wedding day running smoothly and she gave us the enormous gift of all of the wonderful photos and album to remember it by forever. Extraodinary Value!

Sent on 02/28/2012

Ashley · Married on 04/23/2011

After speaking with Tonya for several months, I was so excited for the “Big Day”! She had called me the week before to go over ALL the details. When our wedding day came, Tonya and her crew were so professional, organized, and wonderful to work with. When we finally got to see the final product my husband and I were so thrilled. I would most definitely recommend her to ALL my friends and family!!!

Sent on 12/20/2011

Amy · Married on 03/26/2011

Tonya was referred to us by our wedding planner when we could not find what we wanted in a photographer. Tonya was extremely professional and organized. She explained her services thoroughly and offered excellent suggestions. There were 2 photographers for the wedding and they took quite a few candid shots. The book of proofs that she put together was excellent and it was hard to choose which pictures we wanted in the album. She also offered on line access to the pictures for friends and family. The quality of the photographs was exceptional and we were thrilled with the final wedding album. The layouts were fabulous.Tonya was upfront that we owned the wedding proofs and provided the CDs. Overall it was an excellent experience and we highly recommend her.

Sent on 01/21/2012

Erin · Married on 03/05/2011

Tonya and her team (Emma) were such a pleasure to work with...truly love them both. They took away the stress of worrying about what pictures we needed to take (and with whom) which allowed us to actually enjoy our day. There are so many memories that you want to make sure you capture, that when it comes down to the big day, it seems so overwhelming. Knowing that I had Tonya and her team, made me feel at ease; I knew that I had professionals making sure everything would go perfectly and smoothly the ENTIRE day! Not only did I choose to use Tonya for my big day, my sister did as well, and she was just as pleased. I would recommend Tonya and her team to anyone who is looking for someone fun, energetic, and organized, that's willing to take risks and have a great time! When all's said and done and you're wedding is over, all you have to bring you back to your special day are your photos and video...why not use the best of the best to capture the best day of your life?!!

Sent on 05/16/2012

Kelly · Married on 02/19/2011

Tonya, Emma and Mike were such a pleasure to work with. I am sister #3 in my family to get married and Tonya has done every wedding. My family loves Tonya and her team.

A few things that stuck out to my husband and I were:

Professionalism - A lot of weddings we have been to, the photo portion can seem chaotic - people don't know where to go, who's in photos, etc. With Tonya that is not an issue, they manage the whole thing, which is great. Tonya ensures you get the pictures you want and does it quickly while still letting you enjoy your day.

Amazing Photographers - One of the things we loved the most was the details that Tonya, Emma and Mike look for and pay attention to. No worries about your hair looking funny, your eyes closed, someones face blocked in the picture...they watch for all of those things and make adjustments during the shots. I loved the way that Tonya would make changes during a photo like "tilt your head a bit more", or "move your arm slightly" - these are the things that make my pictures look so good, and trust me I have seen other weddings where this doesn't happen.

The thing that struck us the most was that the whole team clearly is very experienced and knowledgable in their field, we felt in very good hands. It is apparent when working with them that everyone loves what they do. This passion makes for an excellent photograper - not only were they able to capture the most important day of our lives in an incredible way, but Tonya, Emma and Mike are genuine and wonderful people. We enjoyed having them as a part of our day. One day when our youngest brother gets married we will hope to see you all again!!!

Sent on 04/21/2011

colleen · Married on 02/18/2011

I was planning my wedding long distance and researched several photographers on line and placed phone calls to discuss details. I clicked with Tonya immediately on the phone. As a small business owner myself, I really appreciated that she spent 45 minutes with me on that first phone call as I know time is precious. I wanted a photographer that would gel with our personalities and Tonya and her team did just that!

Obviously I love our photos and the Malay team captured moments I didn't even know occurred at my wedding/reception. My guests even commented how "the photographers always seemed to be there at the right moment," or "your photographer seemed to have eyes in the back of her head," because she would catch the candid moments going on around her while we were doing the ceremonial poses.

Having 2 photographers and a lighting person really made the day go smoothly. I've been in many weddings where the after ceremony photos take forever - we were done in 15 minutes and on our way to capture the beautiful sunset.

Sitting down with Tonya a few days prior to the wedding to go over the list of photos and album choices was very helpful and assured nothing was missed.

In a few words I would describe Tonya Malay photographer as: professional, creative, passionate, and seamless - you will be in great hands!

Sent on 03/14/2011

Lorraine & Jensen · Married on 01/14/2011

Tonya is by far the most prepared, professional, and talented photographer there is! There are so many reasons why we feel Tonya and her team is THE perfect photography team!

(These are in no particular order but have all added up to making our wedding day so special and extraordinary!)

(1) Detail – Oriented – Tonya discussed with us a list of pictures/poses that we absolutely wanted for the day of. We can tell you now that you will be enjoying your wedding day so much you won’t be thinking of who you haven’t taken a photo with. Tonya systematically went through our list making sure not to miss any shot!

(2) Bride & Groom Friendly! – Tonya, Emma, and Mike were so kind…they are just downright great people! They made us feel so excited and comfortable while our photos were taken! Tonya took photos at flattering angles – All those extra eatings out just before the big day can put a damper on your look – well, Tonya knows how to make everyone look great! I loved it when she told me that she wanted “shrink” me down in the photo!

(3) Super Elite Team! – Minutes after the ceremony my false eyelashes we falling out! AHH – and Emma (Former makeup artist) saved the day! Luckily my sister had lash glue and Emma zip – zipped my lash back on in a flash! (without tweezers I might add!) – Oh and Emma fixed my liner too! Everyone needs an emergency make-up artist on their side! Thank you thank you!

(4) Super Elite Team! – Thinking some photos won’t come out right because of poor lighting? Mike created beautiful lighting backdrops! We thought some photos would be dreadfully dark but Tonya and Mike somehow managed to make those pictures spectacular!

(5) Honest – Tonya was upfront about costs and offered suggestions to keep costs down. (We interviewed a several photographers and many were reluctant and elusive when the subject was about costs.) There were no hidden fees…and Tonya was nice enough to have her second photographer and lighting assistant help out at no extra cost.

(6) Talent! Talent! – Tonya took gorgeous sunset photographs! There’s not much to say except to check out her work on her website! We’re kinda sad the wedding planning / wedding is over because it was so much fun but we are SUPER happy and relieved that we spent a little more on photography! It’s THE thing that eternalizes your special day and we couldn’t recommend anyone else other than Tonya!!! :)

We are so grateful to have Tonya and her team take care of us on our wedding day. There were so many things we hadn’t even thought of and it was all right because we had the best photographer there is! Thank you sooo much Tonya! You’re a real gem!

Sent on 03/14/2011
  • W

Warren · Married on 12/28/2010

We are from England and had to plan all of our wedding in Florida over the internet or via phone - Tonya made this so easy and helped us with everything we needed. We loved the style of photos that she and her team did for us. The day was windy and cold (not normal for Florida but it was December) and i think with another photographer we would not have nearly as good a result as we got with Tonya. I hope that makes sense. We would not hesitate to recommend Tonya - look no further if you need a professional stress free wedding photographer.

Sent on 05/22/2011
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 12/20/2010

My husband and I certainly chose the best photograher for our wedding . As well as Tonya being a lovely person she's an incredible photographer . Tonya truely made the day all about us and was more then happy to make sure we had all the pictures we wanted aswel as having meny great idea's of her own . Tonya is extremely professional and know's exactly what she's doing we can't thank her enough for capturing so meny memories . My father wasn't able to make it to our wedding but tell's me daily how blown away he was by our pictures, everyone commented on how amazing they are . I would love to renue are vow's in the future and wouldn't choose anyone other then Tonya I'd recommend her to everyone no matter what the occasion. Thanks again Tonya and Mike .

Sent on 03/09/2011
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 12/11/2010

Our wedding photos came out beautifully. Tonya and her team were very professional, punctual, and organized. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. I wanted a "Retro" feel to our wedding photos and Tonya was able to capture that. I would highly recommend using them for any event!

Sent on 03/12/2011

Maria · Married on 12/02/2010

Tonya was absolutely FANTASTIC! I couldn't have been any happier with our photos or with her professionalism. She was so organized and easy to work with, she and her husband make a great team!
    We made some last minute changes for photos in the courtyard and she easily accommodated us. Our family and friends enjoyed working with her as well and were impressed with the photos...When my dad saw them, he told me, "You better give her an Excellent review!"

Sent on 01/27/2011

Pamela · Married on 11/26/2010

You will not be disappointed if you hire Tonya Malay as your wedding photographer!! To begin with I recommend you visit her website - www.tonyamalay.com. She has a blog where you can view some photos from every wedding she shoots. You will see the amazing range of her talent and get ideas from other weddings as to flowers, colors, venues, and vendors. Prior to our wedding Tonya worked with us to create a timeline of our wedding day and make a list of the types of photos to be taken at different times throughout the day. On the day of our wedding she arrived early, was perfectly prepared for any emergency, and adhered to the timeline perfectly. I'm not necessarily comfortable in front of a camera but I wasn't the least bit self-conscious while she was shooting. Tonya is very professional. My entire family commented on her talent and professionalism. They were amazed at how quickly she could line up each photo and as she peered through her lenses what she could see and how she made adjustments in order to capture the perfect image. We had an amazing sunset on our wedding day. The colors in the sky changed constantly as the sun was setting and Tonya's photos captured it all. I am still awestruck when I look at our wedding photos. I highly recommend Tonya Malay Photography!! Submitted by Pam and Nelson from New Orleans, LA

Sent on 06/15/2011

Janine · Married on 11/21/2010

Choosing a photographer for our destination wedding was a very important decision and we could not be happier that we chose Tonya. She was absolutely amazing on all levels and exceeded our expectations. She has a wonderful personality, great communication, was impressively prompt and is incredibly talented. Not only were the pictures phenomenal but we loved working with her. Tonya made us feel so comfortable the entire time as she captured our perfect day and perfect sunset. I would highly recommend her!! Thank you Tonya for making our day amazing!!
    Love
    Janine & CJ

Sent on 11/15/2011

Morgan · Married on 11/20/2010

Tonya and her staff were amazing! I could not have been more pleased with the quallity of the photos, the responsiveness and organization, and the value for the cost. She really understands how to price herself in the market to include the most important items. I love how she gives us the DVD of the photos to keep for ourselves and family and friends with a usage agreement. My bridal party also really enjoyed her. They were wonderful. Thank-you Tonya for everything!!!

Sent on 03/10/2011

Sarah · Married on 11/20/2010

As a low-key bride on a budget, I had thought professional wedding photos were something I could probably live without, but now that I have them to look back on that day, it's so special to me to have them. I had worried about making guests wait during an extended photo shoot before the reception, but Tonya completely understood that, and she somehow took all the bride & groom and family portraits in a short amount of time so we could get back to celebrating! We had fun working with her, and I couldn't be happier with the album. She spent extra time touching up and making small edits-- so appreciated-- and has been easy to communicate with throughout the process. She even posted a few photos of our wedding on her blog, which was an easy way to share just the highlights with friends and coworkers. I highly recommend Tonya Malay!

Sent on 03/27/2011

LORI · Married on 11/19/2010

I couldn't be happier with Tanya Maylay Photography! She has such an eye for detail and strives for profection in each picture. From the begining, she offered lots of photograph ideas but also gave me advice on ceremony, floral, and reception information that was extremely helpful! She did not miss one detail of the wedding. When looking thru our album, there wasn't a minute missed or any detail of the wedding or reception missing. Extremely high quality photography and well worth the price! I would reccomend her to anyone and be assured that they would be more than happy with the outcome of their wedding photographs! Very professional, very flexible and responsive.

Sent on 04/06/2011