Tonya Malay Photography Reviews

Tonya Malay Photography 3
Tonya Malay Photography 4
Tonya Malay Photography 5

Lisa · Married on 06/23/2012

Tonya, and her assistant Emma, were fabulous! We had to endure effects of Tropical Storm Debby on our wedding day, and they made every effort to make sure our photos had the best quality, variety in locations and backgrounds. They made the entire experience fun, and brought attention to detail to every shot. Loved them and would highly recommend!!

Sent on 06/28/2012

Gretta · Married on 06/21/2012

My husband and I are from Ohio and were looking to find a photographer for our beach wedding in Captiva, FL. After searching through many photographers photos and reviews, I decided to go with Tonya Malay. I love that she tries to get candid photos as I'm not a huge fan of the ordinary poses that are done time after time. Tonya and her team took amazing photos for our beach wedding. I loved the fact that while she'd be taking pictures of me walking down the aisle, another member on her team was taking pictures of my husbands expression seeing me for the first time. Having two photographers present to take photos ensured that for any particular moment, a good shot was being taken! Also, the sunset photos were amazing! I highly recommend if you have an outdoor wedding to pay extra to get those photos. She did such a great job and I'm so happy and thankful to her for these photos that we will have for the rest of our lives.

Oh and also, not only did she take amazing photos, but since I obviously didn't know what I was doing with planning the whole day, she assisted me with the schedule for the wedding day and also worked with our DJ in ensuring everything went off without a hitch. She was amazing!
    Thanks, Tonya!

Sent on 01/24/2014

Amy · Married on 06/01/2012

Tonya Malay did a fantastic job capturing my daughter's beautiful wedding on film. She is so easy to work with and the end product was amazing. When planning a destination wedding it is difficult to know what vendors to hire. I am SO glad we went with Tonya. She was easy to work with, communicated on a regular basis, was helpful with selecting a videographer and produced amazing photos of the wedding. I would highly recommend her. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 08/21/2014

Meredith · Married on 05/27/2012

Tonya is very professional and experienced. She set a timeline for all of photos and stuck to the schedule.Tonya went above and beyond to make sure our photographs were perfect. I would schedule her again if the opportunity presented itself.

Sent on 07/29/2014

Sara · Married on 05/26/2012

We had an excellent experience with Tonya Malay and her staff (especially Emma) for our wedding at the Ritz Carleton Naples in May. They are extremely professional and everything went like clockwork. Tonya works with you to find out who you are and what type of wedding you are having to help determine the type of photographs you want. Tonya takes control of every situation to make sure we kept on schedule (often keeping guests on schedule too) to make sure we got all of the photos we wanted.

We received our prints in about 1 month after our ceremony and they are amazing. The only problem I am having is picking out the photos for the album because they are all so beautiful it is hard to eliminate any of them.

Throughout the process we had excellent communication and I always felt confident I made the best choice for a wedding photographer.

Sent on 08/20/2012

Linda · Married on 05/23/2012

Tonya was great as we live in scotland
    Everything was organized by email
    On the day she made every photo shot
    Special everyone back home have been raving about the photos they are exceptional she took her time just to get that great picture
    The ritz in naples was a fantastic backdrop and the beach exquisic
    Would highly recommend

Sent on 11/18/2013

Tonya Malay is an amazing photographer. Throughout the wedding planning process she answered any question I had in a timely manner, even questions that were not related to photography. She was always responsive to any and all questions I had. Tonya and her team are very professional and made sure that all of the photos I wanted to capture on my day were taken. She is also very flexible and worked with me to make sure I was completely happy. Tonya really went above and beyond my expectations! Her work is amazing and I also highly recommend building a fine art coffee table album with her. Mine turned out amazing!

Sent on 10/31/2012

Katherine · Married on 05/11/2012

We recently traveled from New York to Florida for our destination wedding. Tonya was recommended to us, and wow did she do a fabulous job. I can't say enough about her! Extremely professional, really gets into her work to capture the couples personality, and has an eye for the perfect picture and lighting. I'll come back and do another review after I see the actual developed pictures, and I'm sure I'll be giving her ten stars if that's possible. Her experience really shows. She knew all the good spots at the Hyatt Regency for photos, and really let us be ourselves. She can also herd the cattle for pictures (if you know what I mean), and all with poise. We had a good time with her and her crew! I have friends who are photographers who were at the wedding, and they all commented on how talented Tonya and her assistants were...which they never do! Most importantly, you don't even know they are there, and yet they are always there when you want a picture. Can't wait to see their work! In early conversations, she also had a plethora of suggestions/recommendations, which was extremely helpful.
    I would highly recommend Tonya and her crew...you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 05/22/2012

Tina · Married on 05/04/2012

Tonya Malay Photography was amazing!!! I would highly recommend them. After viewing Tonya's site I called her. She returned my call promptly and I knew after talking with her a few minutes she was the photographer for me! She was extremely organized and knowledgeable. We were having a destination wedding and Tonya was great about recommendations for other vendors and the area in general. She stayed in contact throughout the planning process and provided us with a list of pictures that her and Emma would be taking and they tweaked the list to include all of the shots we wanted to make it "our own". The day of the wedding Tonya and Emma were punctual, professional, efficient and fun! They were very familiar with all of the great spots at our venue to get amazing pictures without taking a lot of time. After the wedding Tonya sent a few pictures as a sneak peek and the rest of our pictures were online in 2 weeks as promised. Our prints were beautiful and captured the essence of the day with great candids, family shots, pictures from the ceremony and reception and even great detail shots that highlighted the personality of our wedding and our guests. And of course our sunset pictures were breathtaking!! From start to finish Tonya was amazing to work with!

Sent on 06/12/2012

Lindsey · Married on 04/21/2012

I cannot thank Tonya and Emma enough for being a part of our big day! We had our share of excitement take place the day of the wedding and without Tonya and Emma I'm not sure we could have captured it all. Our pictures turned out absolutely amazing, because of Tonya's quick thinking, we were able to get pictures that are one of a kind! I would highly recommend Tonya to any bride, she is the best there is.

Sent on 07/05/2012

Danielle · Married on 03/25/2012

Tonya and her team are the absolute BEST photographers. They are extremely professional and extremely fun! My wedding was a destination wedding and I had absoluelty no worries when it came to my pictures. We had such a fun time working with her!

Sent on 03/28/2012

Julie · Married on 03/17/2012

Tonya and her team were absolutely magnificent to work with!! I gave her a basic list of what shots I would like to capture on our wedding day and left the rest up to her and her team. When I received my photos it was like I was there on my wedding day all over again. I feel that way every time I look at them. Tonya went way above and beyond in putting together our albums as well. She is simply incredible!!!

Sent on 01/05/2014

Victoria · Married on 03/11/2012

We highly recommend Tonya and her team they are just amazing from start to finish. We live in England and our wedding was in Naples Florida. The distance was no issue at all. We had lots of confidence in Tonya and her work before even meeting with her. The day went so smoothly mainly because of Tonya making sure she captured those special moments that you can't get back. Our photos and album were stunning and we get so many compliments on them. I wish we could do the whole day again! Thanks Tonya :)

Sent on 11/18/2013

Jillian · Married on 03/03/2012

I found Tonya and her crew amazing to work with. She was very organized, and did all the prep work before our special day. Our wedding photos turned out amazing, and our album was a work of art. Fingers crossed she branches out into family photos, so we can use her again.

Sent on 01/31/2014

Kristen · Married on 02/11/2012

Tonya Malay is a fabulous photographer, professional and fun to work with! Our pictures turned out better than we could have expected, and our album design turned out perfect. We had a very windy day. She was able to capture several beautiful, unique windy beach pictures, along with several where it looks like we had a calm day. We would definitely recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 04/23/2012

Courtney · Married on 02/04/2012

Wonderful experience! Cannot go wrong with Tonya! She is beyond amazing!

Sent on 04/24/2012

alexa · Married on 01/06/2012

WONDERFUL! Her and her team were so organized and easy to work with. We cannot wait to see the pics from the wedding.....she took SOO many (thousands I assume?) pictures. We felt very relaxed and comfortable with both her and Emma. They had their own list of pics and were very open to anything we wanted. The day goes so quick.....I suggest you have a list of your own. Is there any special pics with parents, grandparents, other family, etc.

Sent on 01/10/2012

Kristin · Married on 12/02/2011

Tonya Malay is FABULOUS!!!! I was planning my wedding from out of state and Tonya was always available to email and call prior to my wedding. She was so organized and really helped get a timeline that would include everything I wanted, but with not a lot of down time. I definitely feel like I got my money's worth. Although, the pictures are so perfect and priceless. They turned out so much better than I could have imagined! Tonya and her assistant Emma were wonderful the day of. We laughed and called them photography ninjas- they were dressed very professionally, and we hardly noticed them. In fact, my mother didn't even know they had stayed for the first part of the reception until I got my pictures back!! They were so unobtrusive and got amazing candid shots. We also had several kids to wrangle, and they did a great job with that. I would highly recommend her to anyone in the area. She really put my mind at ease and it was a relief not having to worry about anything on my wedding day. She kept us all on schedule and we ended up getting the perfect sunset pictures that I wanted. I could not say enough great things about her!!~

Sent on 10/16/2012

Lindsey · Married on 11/11/2011

Tonya and her team are AMAZING!!!! We had a destination wedding on Captiva Island, Florida. We had met with Tonya in the spring and she did our engagement pictures and I knew we had picked the BEST photographer! Tonya is straight to the point and does not waste anytime and I LOVE this about her. It is obvious how much experience she has and she certainly captures the "perfect" shots. Everyone on her team is so helpful and everyone works so well together. Even all our guests commented on what a fantastic job she did the night of the wedding. It was so important to have vendors we got along with and that were familiar with the area since we are not from Florida. I could not have been happier with the knowledge of the area that Tonya leant to us. She knew exactly how much time we had for sunset pictures and where the best spots on the resorts were to take photos. I also appreciated that during the ceremony she was not front and center or in the way of our guests (since the ceremony was so short and we had a small amount of guests) and we still had incredible pictures from the ceremony! Now the challenge will be to pick the "best ones" because they all are incredible. We will cherish all the shots forever!

Sent on 12/30/2011

My husband and I hired Tonya and Emma to photograph our Florida destination wedding and they were FANTASTIC! We are from Minnesota so we did majority of our planning and vendor scouting there. However, we did have the opportunity to meet Tonya and Emma on one of our pre-planning trips to Florida. After meeting them both and looking at a variety of samples, we were hooked! I am beyond happy that we invested in them to photograph one of the happiest days of our lives. Needless to say, they exceeded our expectations. Even if we were not able to meet them in person beforehand, I would have still hired them in a heartbeat because their work speaks for itself. They have the experience and knowledge to capture those special moments that occur within seconds. If you are looking for a photographer that is detail-oriented, works efficiently and captures phenomenal photos, then I would highly recommend Tonya Malay Photography.

Sent on 01/24/2012

Mark · Married on 11/02/2011

We hired Tonya as our wedding photographer and could not have been happier with the service and amazing pictures we received. We would highly recommend Tonya to anyone and we could not have wished for a better photographer to capture our wedding day.

We are from the UK and decided to have a beach wedding in Bonita Springs. We came across Tonyas website and were very impressed with her sample photographs so we dicided to book her for our wedding. This proved to be an excellent decision as we could not have been happier with the service and photographs we received.

Sent on 02/18/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 10/29/2011

I used Tonya Malay as the photographer for my wedding in Naples. I would highly recommend her - she did a fantastic job, produced beautiful photos and made the process as easy and stress-free as possible. She is creative, efficient and...

Sent on 12/16/2011

Heather · Married on 10/16/2011

From the first moment I spoke to Tonya on the phone, I knew she was the perfect match for our wedding. Right off the bat, her attention to detail on planning our event was leaps and bounds ahead of any of the other vendors I had contacted. Throughout the process, Tonya was more than just our photographer; she became one of my most trusted advisors. On the day of our wedding, her team was professional, yet warm hearted! They kept everything flowing without any feeling of pressure. It was a seamless wedding thanks to Tonya and Team. The post communication was also on spot. Our photos were delivered right on time (if not early) and the quality was superb! I recommend Tonya and her team with absolutely no hesitancy....they are WONDERFUL!

Sent on 03/22/2012

Beth · Married on 09/16/2011

My husband and I decided to have a destination wedding on the beach in Naples, Florida. Planning a destination wedding in Florida while living in Cininnati, OH was quite challangeing at times. The easiest portion of the planning process for us was choosing our photographer, Tonya Malay.

Tonya Malay Photography was the first website we found and after spending 20 minutes on her website, I knew we had struck gold. The pictures literally took my breath away. They were stunning, every last one of them.

I compiled a list of questions for Tonya and after chatting with her for an hour or so, I knew she was going to be our photographer. She was extremely helpful answering all our questions and her passion for photography was obvious. I remember telling my husband, this chick knows exactly what she is doing and I feel confident she will do a fantastic job.

I met Tonya for the first time, in person on our wedding day. I loved her and her team instantly!! She hustled through the door of my hotel room and was right down to business. She is professional, smart and very talented. She made having my picture taken fun, and I knew from the very first shot taken, these pictures were going to be amazing.

After my husband and I said, "I do" the first thing he said to me as we walked into the reception was," how about our photographer, I am already so excited to see the pictures. " I knew he was right, they were going to be worth every penny and then some.

True to her word, Tonya has our proofs avaliable not long after our wedding day and the pictures still bring me to tears. Tonya brought our wedding day to life in every picture taken and I will forever be grateful to her for being such a rare talent and for being so skilled at her craft.

I would recommend Tonya Malay Photography to anyone, her work speaks for itself.

Sent on 04/18/2012

Deidra · Married on 09/10/2011

We loved Tonya. She has a great personailty that everyone loved. I got all the shots I wanted and much more. Tonya's got a great eye for creative and fun shots. She did a good job keeping things moving to make sure I got as many shots as possible.

Sent on 12/19/2011