Tonya Malay Photography Reviews

Tonya Malay Photography 5
Tonya Malay Photography 6
Tonya Malay Photography 7

Katie · Married on 04/07/2013

Tonya is a wonderful photographer. We hired her for our small destination wedding in Naples, FL. She called me several weeks before the event and reviewed the wedding schedule, locations, and any particular shots I was looking for. That meant on the big day, I didn't have to worry about anything! She showed up right on time and went right to work. She was professional and very fun to work with! Not very long after the event, I received a CD and link to the photos and they were truly stunning. In particular, the beach photos with the sunset in the background were jaw-dropping. Her photographs of the sunset were better than any I'd ever seen. I am pleased with her work and would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 11/19/2013

Katie · Married on 04/05/2013

Tonya and her team came highly recommended and they did not disappoint. Leading up to our wedding I trusted Tonya without a worry. She was organized, timely in her correspondences and provided professional advice - which was very comforting while planning a wedding 2000 miles away. The day of our wedding her team was punctual and accommodating, not to mention fun and easy to work with. I honestly felt like we were working with old friends.

Tonya has an eye for detail and her works speaks for itself. We knew our pictures would be amazing, but she managed to exceed our expectations. The sunset pictures were beautiful and we've had so many compliments from friends and family. In addition, our wedding was on the beach and the weather was not ideal, but you would never know looking at our pictures. This just illustrates how experienced Tonya is and her expertise.

Needless to say we love them and highly recommend their work.

• Mrs_akd2012

April · Married on 03/13/2013

Tonya and her assistant were excellent! Very professional from beginning to end. The pictures turned out excellent. Every single picture was perfect which has made it super difficult for us to even put our album together. Tonya was very easy to work with, we were extremely comfortable around her. Emma was excellent with the kids and they loved her! I was so glad that we chose Tonya Malay as our photographer and would definitely make the same decision again.

Matt · Married on 03/03/2013

We looked hard at our options and chose Tanya because we wanted the very best for our wedding and wanted a photographer that focused on capturing real moments rather than cheezy poses. Looking back, the investment in a good photographer was the most important of all the components as we still look at the images today and it brings us back.
    I am a picky guy and I must say Tanya delivered on every aspect for us. She had everything covered and absoluetely ran the show without wasting anyones time. She has a great eye and runs a very professional business. Comparatively, I have not seen another photographer with her level of skill and professionalism to date. Five big stars!

Sent on 11/21/2013

Jessica · Married on 02/09/2013

I highly recommend Tonya Malay Photography as your wedding photographer. After interviewing several wedding photographers in Southwest Florida, we selected Tonya because she was (1) genuinely passionate about photography (2) has serious talent (3) is well known and published in the area (4) is well liked by other wedding vendors (5) knows how to command a crowd – which is so critical BECAUSE the last thing a bride wants to worry about is time being wasted on trying to shift family members around on the altar for photos after the wedding, or getting the bridal party organized for photos before the reception. She did not waste a moment of precious time – she was polite, efficient, and totally organized. She is an experienced professional and you will undoubtedly be satisfied with your choice. They were very in-tune with our personal photo preferences and desired backgrounds/poses. Tonya and her team captured unbelievable photos from our day. Although they take photos all day long, they are VERY skilled at capturing gorgeous sunset photos... don't miss out on that! They were so easy to work with, curteous, profressional, and flexible. We are very much looking forward to ordering our wedding album through her. There are just too many beautiful photos to choose from!

Sent on 05/15/2013

Tonya and all her staff are very professional, and know what they are doing. They took beautiful photos, and made the process smooth for all my wedding guests. I would not hesitate to recommend Tonya Malay Photography for any event!

Sent on 12/05/2013

After a last minute search for a photographer, Tonya Malay was referred to me. She was a lifesaver! She worked with me on pricing and was very organized.

On the day of the wedding, Tonya knew all the great places to take pictures and she was extremely helpful and kind! It was a stressful day at first but Tonya took control and knew exactly what she was doing. This helped me, the wedding party, and my family to become a little more comfortable and relaxed throughout the day! The pictures turned out beautiful and I received them quickly after the wedding. Tonya and her husband did a fantastic job and I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 12/12/2013

Kelly · Married on 12/30/2012

Tonya was amazing start to finish. She took detailed notes on our initial interview and continued to stay in contact throughout our planning process. She is extremely organized and professional, and she is also fun and artistic. Our pictures turned out beautiful. I would highly recommend her!!

Sent on 02/12/2013

Robin · Married on 11/11/2012

My husband and I live in WA state. We decided to get married in Florida, a destination wedding. Trying to pick out just the right vendors for our wedding was pretty stressful. Luckily our venue had a list of recommended vendors for photographers, florists, etc. Tonya was on their recommended list. We decided to use her. We really enjoyed all her thoughts and ideas for our wedding pictures. She did an absolutely amazing job! We couldn't have asked for more. Living so far away, we thought it would be difficult to communicate our ideas / thoughts of what we wanted & were a little worried that we wouldn't get exactly what we wanted. Tonya put all of our worries at ease. She ALWAYS got back to us immediately which was awesome. Everyone of our guests complimented us of how well of a job the photographer did with the pictures. I would definitely recommend Tonya to anyone who needs a photographer at an event. We had nothing but a great experience.

Sent on 11/27/2013

Mary · Married on 11/04/2012

Tonya and team were fantastic! If you are worrying about who to use, let me help you check off another decision. I look back at our photos and am extremely pleased with how they turned out.

Tonya and Emma were professional and as they know the Ritz-Carlton, Naples venue well, they were also very efficient. Tonya even came back to take some sunset photos for us. No need to look further. Thanks for everything!

Sent on 01/27/2014

Traci · Married on 11/03/2012

Tonya Malay was beyond AMAZING to work with! I absolutely adore all the pictures she took for my wedding at the Marco Island Marriott. She was great under pressure and very professional. I would highly recommend her for anyone getting married in southwest florida area!!

-Tatroe/Kalfayan Wedding

Sent on 12/19/2012

Aimee · Married on 10/27/2012

Tonya and her team (2nd photographer and lighting) were nothing short of amazing. I was a difficult bride with a long list of pictures that I had to have and they were able to get every one! The team also performs extremely well in adverse conditions. There were literally 30mph winds on my wedding day and I was having an outdoor ceremony with my hair down. I cannot even begin to express how many beautiful images they captured. Some photos you couldn't even tell the wind was blowing and others were so stunning because tonya used the wind as an effect. Leading up to the wedding day I had so many conversations with tonya and she was nothing but excited and eager to try new things and loved getting creative. The photographer is a huge decision- it is the way your wedding will be documented forever and you will be spending tons of time on your wedding day with the photographer. Tonya and her team were perfect and I couldn't have been happier.

Sent on 01/13/2013

Susan · Married on 10/26/2012

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Tonya, Emma and Mike!!!! From the first day that I spoke with Tonya, I knew I wanted her to be our photographer! She took so much time out of her day to talk to me. She worked with me to give me best outline/timeline for what I wanted. She made sure she had all the pictures that I wanted. Tonya, Emma and Mike were all incredibly professional at the wedding. They knew exactly what they were doing and made sure everyone was in the right spot at the right time, in the right position! She even posted a beautiful sunset picture the night of our wedding - before we were even done celebrating! I can't wait to see the rest of our pictures, I'm sure they will be amazing. I would recommend her to anyone!!!

Sent on 11/09/2012

Sarah · Married on 10/14/2012

Working with Tonya before, during and after our wedding was so easy. Coordination of our destination wedding from 3000 miles away was seamless and the photos we just got back are spectacular!!

Sent on 11/29/2012

Linda · Married on 10/13/2012

Tonya and her crew produced the most beautiful photos of the wedding. They are truly professional quality. They did a very efficient job of getting the formal shots out of the way, and then were very unobtrusive in taking the candids. The candids really gave a a true feel for the special moments during the reception. Tonya was a pleasure to deal with.

Sent on 02/14/2013

Blake · Married on 10/11/2012

Tonya and her team were fantastic, very knowledgeable and professional with everything they did. Tonya/Emma are extremely talented and knew when and where to go to take and have the perfect shots. They captured all of our must have wedding moments just the way we had wanted them. Everything about the day was perfect- Just had a chance to review all of our pictures online and they are wonderful. I'm extremely happy with the pictures and I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a great photographer for their special day. They are just top of the line, anyone can take pictures-Tonya and her team take pictures that will bring back happy memories for the rest of our lives. Thanks so much!!!!!

Sent on 11/06/2012

Julie · Married on 10/11/2012

I am SO happy we picked Tonya Malay Photography to do our wedding, and so thankful she was available for our date. I could not be happier with the work her and her team have done for us. Just got the pictures back last night and they are amazing! Tonya and her team are so easy to get along with I'm so excited to share my beautiful pictures with everyone! thank you so much for capturing our fairy-tale day!!

Sent on 11/06/2012

Melodie · Married on 10/06/2012

Tonya and here team were just absolutely wonderful to work with. We could not have been more thrilled with her work and our beautiful wedding album she created. We will definitely use her again.

Rebecca · Married on 09/29/2012

After speaking to numerous photographers, I had yet to find someone that I thought would capture my wedding the way I wanted. My initial email with Tonya Malay won me over. She spent the time from her very first email (before we even signed a contract) to discuss how I imagined my special day, down to the exact moment of sunset to capture the best pictures. I could not recommend Tonya enough. Her work is beyond amazing, she is prompt, detail orientated, organized, professional (as I had family from many different countries) and truly a pleasure to work with. I had even spent time researching unique poses I wanted for my photos, and she was able to get all the pictures in with ample time to spare for the crazy family member requests! Her ability to keep everyone organized, on task and on time to fulfill all the photos of family needed is a true talent. You will not be disappointed with Tonya Malay! Excellent, excellent work! I highly recommend her!

Rhonda · Married on 09/08/2012

If you are planning a wedding in southwest Florida, call Tonya Malay Photography! After interviewing several photographers, it was a unanimous decision to hire Tonya for our destination wedding. Tonya was extremely helpful with the planning and provided needed information about timelines and suggestions to capture the memories of our special day. Tonya, Emma and Mike did a wonderful job working with all the different personalities at the wedding and were able to recap the entire day from beginning to ending. The photographs are a beautiful memory of our special day. Thank you Tonya!

Sent on 11/18/2013

Working with Tonya, Emma and Mike was truly an exceptional experience. From the moment I spoke with Tonya for the first time, I could tell that she was extremely good at her craft. Tonya was knowledgable, thorough, organized and very easy to work with. She took all of our preferences into account and was even sensitive to family dynamics. We felt at ease from the moment we began working with Tonya, Emma and Mike on the wedding day, and I believe that feeling of comfort is reflected in our wedding day pictures. We were thrilled with the outcome of our pictures and will cherish them for a lifetime. A number of people commented that there were no "bad pictures" in our album, and that's not because we are amazingly photogenic people, its because Tonya knows how to capture people perfectly. My husband and I believe your photographer is one of the most important decisions you will make while planning your wedding, and we would highly recommend using Tonya Malay Photography as your wedding photographer!

Sent on 11/21/2013

Erin & Chris · Married on 08/05/2012

Tonya exceeded all our expectations! The photos were amazing (she caught every moment we had asked for), and she was incredibly easy to work with. All our friends and family were absolutely blown away by the photos she took. We couldn't have asked for anything more. I would absolutely recommend Tonya Malay photography to anyone!

Sent on 03/11/2013

Caroline · Married on 07/28/2012

Tonya and her team were wonderful! Tonya was very organized and worked great with all our venders. The pictures turned out beautifully and I couldn't have been happier.
    Thanks so much Tonya! We enjoyed your professionalism, energy, and kindness.

Kate · Married on 07/14/2012

Tonya and her team were incredible to work with!! Prior to our wedding, Tonya communicated with me on several occasions to plan out a timeline for the wedding day and make sure we had everything arranged. She made so many great recommendations for our wedding day. Once the wedding day arrived, Tonya and her team were completely prepared and so professional with everything. They made everyone feel so at ease while taking pictures. Our wedding party even enjoyed taking pictures cause it was such a fun and relaxed time! All day long, Tonya knew exactly what spots to take pictures at and had great timing with everything. She made sure that my hair and makeup stayed fresh looking and would help with touch-ups when they were needed. At the reception, Tonya had my husband and I go outside at sunset for pictures. Her timing with the sunset was impeccable and there were so many great shots.

Besides the incredible service we received prior to and the day of the wedding, the pictures that we got were so amazing that they were beyond words! So many great moments between my husband and I, family and friends were captured. The sunset pictures were out of this world!! I knew Tonya was incredible at capturing a beautiful sunset in photos, but honestly, it was above and beyond what I anticipated :). We couldn't be more pleased with everything that Tonya Malay Photography did for us. I would strongly recommend them to any bride that is looking for incredible photography and an absolutely fun team to work with!

Sent on 10/11/2012

Amanda · Married on 06/25/2012

Tonya was absolutely amazing! From the first phone call to her - i knew she was the one... she worked with us from start to finish... very professional and fun to work with. She was willing to flex her evening to come early for pictures due to Tropical Storm Debby on our wedding night! She did everything to make sure she was able to capture those beautiful pictures! Thanks Tonya for making my wedding night absolutely amazing!

I would highly recommend Tonya! Thanks so much...

Sent on 07/26/2012