Tonya Malay Photography Reviews

Tonya Malay Photography 6
Tonya Malay Photography 7
  • Juilet

Juilet · Married on 06/21/2019

True Professional and a master of photography

Tonya was on time and truly a professional, all my vendors commented that the love working with her. She knows her trade and worked well with our guests and bridal party. I recommend all brides to work with Tonya, you won’t be disappointed. I’m so excited to see the photos and can’t wait to review. Thank you for making my day special and making me feel like a queen.

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Margie

Margie Mohlenhoff · Married on 06/07/2019

Unmatched professionalism, creativity, and attention to detail!

I cannot say enough great things about Tonya and Michael. She has an eye for detail and a talent that is truly unmatched - you will feel confident and taken care of when Tonya is behind the lens! She is a seasoned professional and it shows. From her thorough planning before the big day, to her expert efficiency of positioning portraits, to always touching me up when she saw I needed it, Tonya took excellent care of me and knowing I was in great hands really helped keep me calm on such a crazy day. If you don't want to leave your pictures to chance (and who would when you want to capture such an expensive day!), do yourself a favor and hire THE BEST. Thank you Tonya and Michael!

Sent on 07/20/2019
    Tonya Malay Photography 8
    Tonya Malay Photography 9
    Tonya Malay Photography 10
    Tonya Malay Photography 11
    Tonya Malay Photography 12

Denis · Married on 02/07/2019

Super Happy! Couldn’t have asked for better!

Very professional, very knowledgable, and awesome photos! Tonya exceeded our expectations and we’re very happy we went with her.

Sent on 03/26/2019

Kim Madigan · Married on 12/28/2018

Look no further for your photographer

Ours was a destination wedding and that in and of itself is a challenge. Tonya was very understanding of our budget and did excellent prep with us over the phone in advance so that the session during/after the wedding was super efficient. The photos themselves came out awesome - we highly highly recommend her!

Sent on 02/04/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 10/27/2018

Best Decision We Made (Other Than Marrying Each Other)!!!

Tonya is the most amazing, organized photographer - I truly don't know how we would have gotten through our wedding day so easily without her! First of all, her photography is amazing so it really speaks for itself. She works to capture the best possible background in every shot. Tonya is so organized, which made it as worry free as possible for us so we could enjoy our day. Throughout planning the photography schedule for the day she came up with the master timeline that we used for everything. Tonya went above and beyond her photography job, from having anything we needed (that we didn't know we needed!) - she fixed a broken boutonniere, pinned hair back with her kit of hair spray and bobby pins, and even took over the mic at one point when the band was about to make a mistake...no one noticed this smooth move except for us but it was incredible and so appreciated!). She really did it all and without knowing how hectic a wedding day gets, everyone in our family felt so grateful for her. We highly, highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/03/2018

Angela · Married on 06/04/2018

Tonya took beach photos of our family while on a vacation to Bonita Springs. I am so happy to have found her and couldn’t have been happier with our pictures. It was a pleasure to work with her!

Sent on 07/03/2018

Christine · Married on 06/01/2018

If you are a bride who wants to make sure your dream wedding is captured in photos you will cherish for a lifetime, then Tonya Malay is the photographer to call. From our initial call and the planning session right before the wedding to the day of the event and preparation of photos after the event, Tonya went the extra mile to produce the most amazing photos that beautifully captured every moment of our wedding day. In addition to being incredibly talented, organized, and professional, Tonya and Michael are personable and fun. My husband and I are so happy and forever grateful for the way they created an enjoyable experience for us while capturing and producing the most breathtaking photos.

Sent on 07/21/2018
    Tonya Malay Photography 13
    Tonya Malay Photography 14

Lauren · Married on 05/17/2018

Tonya Malay and her work are both absolutely fantastic! I honestly couldn't be more pleased. My husband and I live in Chicago, so we didn't have anyone to refer us a great photographer experience. We did some online research and I really thought Tonya's images stood out. We got to meet with her in person and she is very thorough and organized. Ahead of the wedding, we had a plan, and even though the day got a bit off track, Tonya made sure to capture all the images I wanted. The sunset photos are actually unbelievable, and many of the images are so crisp and beautiful that it looks almost like we were photoshopped in the images even though we were there! Tonya's customer service is amazing. I had some issues with the chest of my dress, and Tonya went above and beyond with her photoshopping to make sure that everything was fixed and there were no problems. I would HIGHLY recommend Tonya!!! I had a great experience and wouldn't have changed a thing. We're VERY happy with our images :) :) :)

Sent on 07/19/2018

Jennifer · Married on 04/28/2018

I can’t even begin to say how pleased I was with Tonya!! We could not have picked a better photographer for our destination wedding! She went above & beyond from the very beginning in more ways that I can say. She even helped is create a moment by moment timeline when things fell through with our wedding planner & helped me change out of my dress between the wedding ceremony & reception (which are both way out of her job description.) She is friendly & VERY thorough. All of my guests & the wedding party were also impressed. Her son also did a great job in helping her. I HIGHLY recommend her!!

Sent on 04/29/2018

Eleana · Married on 04/20/2018

Tonya and her team were wonderful from beginning to end. We knew what to expect, no surprises! She is very professional and wants nothing but the best for your photos. We both have big families that can be difficult to wrangle together at times but Tonya and Michael handled it effortlessly. I highly recommended Tonya to anyone who is looking to have a worry free day when it comes to photography. We just got our pictures back and they are nothing but wonderful. Thanks you so much for your excellent work!!

Sent on 06/02/2018

Andrea · Married on 04/01/2018

The pictures of Emily and Daniel’s wedding were beautiful. Tonya and her sons did wonderful work capturing the beauty of the wedding and all the
    fun everyone had at the reception.

Sent on 05/09/2018

Tracy · Married on 03/16/2018

The Tonya Malay Photography team was OUTSTANDING, AMAZING and WONDERFUL!! Tonya Malay Photography is a preferred vendor at the Ritz Carlton Beach Resort in Naples, FL and for GOOD REASON! Tonya and team are extreme professionals but also had personalities, which is what we wanted and needed for our special day. Tonya talked with me several times prior to the wedding to compile a list of what we wanted to achieve in our photos, while also making excellent suggestions; she was also open to all ideas that we presented to her. Tonya kept us on a tight schedule while also making us and our guests laugh and have fun. We got all of the pictures that we wanted and so many more! We were truly blown away by the images that Tonya captured. Tonya and her team have so much attention to detail and every single picture is AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL!! We are having a very hard time selecting which ones to print, frame and hang. But this is a very good problem to have! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Tonya Malay Photography to everyone! Check out Tonya Malay Photography's website (TonyaMalay.com) and I promise you that the amazing, gorgeous, unbelievable photos that you see on the site (and on my post) will be the same high quality, beautiful, amazing photos that you will receive! THANK YOU Tonya for the wonderful experience, the amazingly beautiful pictures and for just being so darn professional, nice and fun!!

Sent on 05/20/2018
    Tonya Malay Photography 15

Chelsea · Married on 03/15/2018

Tonya and her son Michael are so talented and were such an integral part of our wedding! We were planning our wedding from afar but Tonya was available to us by phone and was so helpful in putting together the timeline and considerations for our wedding. On our wedding day, she and Michael were so professional, and were right down to business from the moment they arrived. They really cared about us being comfortable and happy, and made sure we were on the timeline that was important to us. We had a very windy wedding day and they worked wonders with Photoshop as well.

Sent on 05/12/2018

Lauren · Married on 02/17/2018

I cannot thank Tonya enough for all her work to make our wedding day run smoothly! Tonya worked with us to plan our wedding day down to the minute in an effort to ensure she would be able to capture every moment - to include researching exactly when the sun would set and making sure my husband & I were on the beach for pictures. She also planned a phone consultation before our wedding to learn our family and bridal party's names and plan out all the posed photography. Because of her professionalism, our day went off without a hitch, and it did not go unnoticed. Several guests commented on how organized she was. We also had a lot of fun working with her and her son. They make a great team! I am confident our pictures will look amazing - we cannot wait to see them!

Sent on 03/11/2018

peter · Married on 02/10/2018

Tanya was very delightful to work with.
    We are extremely pleased with the quality of her work and would use her again for other important events in our lives.

Sent on 03/25/2018

Marlene · Married on 12/02/2017

What a pleasure to have had Tonya photograph our daughter’s wedding this passed December! Her photography is outstanding, creative and responsive to our requests.
    Tonya is a professional in all respects, and a wonderful person. We are delighted with her efforts and in the aftermath of the wedding, she continues to be helpful in relation to our questions and in the creation of a coffee table album. Thank you Tonya!

Sent on 02/14/2018
  • W

Wyman · Married on 11/27/2017

Tonya & Michael did an amazing job at our wedding!! From the beginning of our search process, they were easy to talk to, very informed and helpful throughout. On our wedding day, they were very professional, prepared and flexible throughout the day. We loved how Tonya took control during the many family photos and guided us through everything. The pictures were amazing and Tonya even removed all of lovely “Speedo swimsuit wearing” old men who were watching from the beach LOL. We highly recommend Tonya Malay Photography!

Sent on 03/13/2018
    Tonya Malay Photography 16

Randi · Married on 10/31/2017

We used Tonya to photograph our secret elopement on the beach at sunset at the Ritz-Carlton in Naples,Florida in November. We cannot say enough about how totally amazing she was. She took charge of absolutely everything with total professionalism, grace, ease, and elegance, yet kept it all super fun, relaxed, and so easy. She knew the venue incredibly well. Her incredibly well-thought out plan and time-line allowed her to get every beautiful shot from the get-ready to the first-look to the kettubah signing, ceremony, and even awesome fun sunset photos on the beach. Tonya basically ran our event and she was awesome!! The pictures are all breath-taking. Her professional work and artistic creativity are beyond compare. You will be so very over-the-top ecstatic if you allow Tonya to photograph your special event. We absolutely love her. We are so grateful for the most gorgeous photographs that bring us right back to the most beautiful day of our lives.

Sent on 06/06/2018

Anabel · Married on 09/14/2017

Tonya is an absolute professional with the most amazing talent I have ever seen in a photographer. Her attention to detail is helpful and stress relieving when you're trying to plan a wedding. I could not picture my wedding without another photographer. The final product was beyond amazing.

Sent on 11/08/2017

Rachel · Married on 08/25/2017

Tonya and her son, Michael, were an absolute pleasure to work with. They captured our wedding day perfectly and we are so grateful to them for providing us with such timeless, stunning photos that we will treasure for years to come. Tonya and Michael's services were efficient, professional and tailored exactly to our needs (and also Mother Nature's needs due to inclement weather on the day!). Despite our wedding changing locations from the beach to indoors due to wet weather, this wasn't a problem at all for Tonya and Michael and they took it in their stride, while also capturing beautiful images that were relaxed, natural and intimate. They even managed to achieve the impossible on the day and captured some stunning beach photos which were exactly what we had envisioned.
    I'd recommend Tonya Malay Photography to anyone wishing to have classic, elegant photos of your big event that will last a lifetime.

Sent on 09/25/2017

Patricia · Married on 07/01/2017

Tonya and I instantly connected when we talked on the phone. I knew she was the photographer for me! She was incredibly knowledge and professional. She was so helpful and helped put my mind at ease while planning our destination wedding. She was also able to recommend vendors, since she is familiar with the area. My husband and I were able to meet with her before our wedding and go through all the details and memories we wanted captured. The day of the wedding Tonya and her team were prepared, organized and professional. My wedding party didn't even mind getting pictures taken because it was such a fun and relaxed environment. Tonya made sure my hair and makeup were flawless and everything was in the right spot. She knew all the right places for pictures and the right time for sunset pictures. Our wedding pictures are beautiful and everything we wanted and more! We received our pictures promptly as well. Tonya, Emma, and her husband Mike were all wonderful and nice. I highly recommend Tonya Malay Photography.

Sent on 11/02/2012

Stacey · Married on 06/27/2017

I cannot say enough about Tonya! She is amazing. I am so glad that we chose her to photograph our special day. Her photos are stunning! She really captured the beauty and the emotion of our wedding day! We have so many beautiful photos I don't know how we will ever chose. In addition to being a fabulous photographer, she is so professional. She really knows how to manage an event. Of course I was running behind in getting ready and she was able to really help direct everything and get us back on track. She made sure that we got all of the photos we wanted and more! She is super flexible and so easy to work with. She's open to any requests you may have. She wants to make sure you get exactly what you want. We were so at ease with her the whole time. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!

Sent on 08/20/2017
    Tonya Malay Photography 23
    Tonya Malay Photography 24
    Tonya Malay Photography 25

Lindsey · Married on 06/23/2017

We probably can't even think of enough good things to say about Tonya and Michael. As soon as we spoke on the phone the first time, I knew she was going to be an incredible part of our wedding. I interviewed several photographers in Florida, and none of them matched Tonya's talent, creativity, and professionalism. She was with us every step of the way. She listened to what we wanted, but she also provided very helpful suggestions and feedback. I had planned a huge surprise for my husband that required a "second" wedding day timeline, and Tonya not only kept it a secret, but helped me plan the whole thing to perfection. On wedding day, she and Michael kept everything running smoothly. Tonya even helped me be nice to my grandmother when she was making things a little difficult. Our entire photography schedule changed when rain poured down at the end of our ceremony, and Tonya handled that beautifully as well. Like I said, there are not enough good things we can say about Tonya. From first conversation to receipt of our photos, we could not be happier. Our photos are BEAUTIFUL and accessing them is very easy. Tonya and her son, Michael, are so talented, creative, and professional. We would just like to be able to work with them again in the future!

Sent on 08/05/2017

Lori · Married on 05/27/2017

Words do not do Tonya and her assistant, Michael justice. Not only are their photos gorgeous but they are extremely nice and helpful. We were a destination wedding and Tonya went above and beyond to help us find the best vendors in the area and give us advice on other aspects of our wedding. On the day of our wedding, they helped to ease stress and make sure everything ran smoothly. Tonya even had extra supplies so when a make up mishap happened, she was there to fix it so everyone felt and looked their best. I would hire Tonya again for any major milestone. You won't find a more talented, professional, and personable photographer.

Sent on 07/16/2017

Tave · Married on 05/20/2017

My husband and I were planning a destination wedding in Naples Florida, faced with the daunting task of committing to vendors from afar. Finding the perfect photographer was a priority for us. After looking through a long list of possible photographers, Tonya Malay's website immediately stood out as we were impressed by her beautiful photos which captured the spontaneity and joy of each event. Upon expressing interest to her via email, we immediately heard back. She was incredibly professional and ready to answer all questions and also offer insights and advice to help us plan our perfect celebration. Our positive impression of Tonya Malay was clinched on wedding weekend. She did both our rehearsal dinner and wedding day. She was perfectly organized from the beginning and kept everything running smoothly and on schedule. She had taken the time in advance to learn everyone's names, and this was amazing for both rapport and efficiency. After the wedding, we were surprised at her efficient turnaround time. Most of our friends were waiting much longer for their wedding photos. The quality of the collection was truly superb and we couldn't have been more excited to relive our special day through these vibrant, beautiful photos. She not only helped us get the photos we had envisioned, she also contributed her own creative ideas that resulted in a wonderfully well-balanced collection of passionate, beautiful, light-hearted, and truly memorable photos that captured our spirit as a couple both alone and amidst our family and friends.

Bottom line: if you are planning a wedding in Naples, Florida or surrounding areas, don't look any further! Tonya Malay is the way to go.

Sent on 09/04/2017