Tony Schwartz: Wedding MC & DJ Reviews

119 Reviews for Tony Schwartz: Wedding MC & DJ

Tony Schwartz: Wedding MC & DJ 1
Tony Schwartz: Wedding MC & DJ 2
Tony Schwartz: Wedding MC & DJ 3

When my (now) husband and I began the wedding planning process it’s safe to say that we knew very little about planning a reception that could flow and keep guests engaged. I knew from the beginning that I wanted a MC/DJ with plenty of experience that would be able to help us plan a unique reception and Tony definitely fit into that category! Right after we met Tony we knew we wanted to work with him; not only does he know how to keep a dance floor going, but he offers up ideas for all parts of the ceremony and reception. He helped us personalize everything in any way we wanted, from the lighting, to the song choices, to what trivia questions we wanted asked to bring guests up into the buffet line and was very responsive to any questions we had during the entire process. He arrived at our wedding early to set everything up, played songs right on queue during our ceremony, and kept Ben and I up to date throughout the night with what would be coming up next. I don’t think we could have had such an amazing wedding without him and our guests are still telling us what an “awesome party” our wedding was. I would highly recommend Tony to anyone looking for a MC/DJ that will not only get guests out on the dance floor, but help you create a completely personalized, amazing wedding day!

Sent on 08/13/2014

Tony Schwartz: Wedding MC & DJ's reply:

Well thank you Melissa and Ben! Your wedding was so much fun - I'm glad I got to be a part of creating that! Congratulations to you both!

Ashley · Married on 07/27/2014

Tony did a WONDERFUL job as our DJ for our wedding last weekend! He was really professional, kept the evening moving at a great pace, and he had some great ideas to make our reception a really special time for us.

We received many compliments from our wedding guests on Tony, his efforts were noticed by all!

Sent on 07/30/2014

Ashley,

Thank you so much for the kind words! Your wedding was full of energy and excitement - I was stoked to be a part of it!

Thank you for selecting me. Was an honor!

Best,

Chelsea · Married on 07/19/2014

It's been over two years since we were married, and my husband and I still love reminiscing about our wedding. We put so many hours of planning into each detail, and worried about many decisions, but one area that we didn't have to worry about was the MC and DJ. Tony was beyond amazing. His attention to detail matched mine and he filled not only the role of the MC and DJ, but kept the wedding on time and moving towards my favorite part: the dance party. He played the best parts of each song, read the crowd and matched music perfectly, and kept the floor full for hours. We received tons of compliments after the wedding and most were about Tony.

The first question I ask any recently engaged friend is, "do you have a DJ yet?" Save yourself some time and worry and just hire him now.

Sent on 09/13/2016

Tony Schwartz: Wedding MC & DJ's reply:

Chelsea! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! Two years later and I still remember you and Mike, surrounded by family and friends, singing "Bohemian Rhapsody" and going in hard! What a great night that was; and what an awesome couple you both are! Thank you again, I sincerely appreciate it! -T

Hilary · Married on 07/18/2014

Amazing, totally recommend him. Consistent, professional, listens, and most of all dependable!

Sent on 07/24/2014

Tony Schwartz: Wedding MC & DJ's reply:

Thanks Hilary! Those are five powerful words to describe my service - love them!

-Tony

Rachel · Married on 07/05/2014

Tony did an amazing job as our DJ, master of ceremonies and having his staff coordinate the photo booth! He is extremely organized and plans every last detail of the ceremony, music, transitions and coordination between everyone which made for a stress-free wedding! The planning sessions, thorough communication and quick response times made my life as a bride so much easier. We received many positive comments about the music selections and how fun and personal Tony made everything throughout the whole wedding. I highly recommend Tony to anyone that is getting married. Trust me, you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 01/04/2015

Rachel,

Wow - thank you so much for taking the time to write this glowing review! Your wedding was so much fun and I was honored to serve you and Zack!

Best,

• User4220226 · 2+ years ago

Tony was a very professional, detail-oriented and fun DJ. He helped the flow of our wedding to stay on course and all of our guests loved him! I would totally recommend Tony as a DJ for any special event!

Sent on 07/02/2014

Tony Schwartz: Wedding MC & DJ's reply:

Thank you for your kind words!

Christina · Married on 06/28/2014

Tony MADE our wedding!!! He was very organized, helpful, and patient throughout the entire planning process. He was a pleasure to work with and has impecable attention to detail. The phenomenal service Tony provided FAR exceeded the monetary cost. Guests of our wedding are still talking about his flawless music choices and what a great party the night was! Thank you Tony! :)

Sent on 07/11/2014

Tony Schwartz: Wedding MC & DJ's reply:

Aww, thank you Christina! It was a pleasure to play for you and Andrew - one of my favorite nights of the year, and perhaps, all-time!

-T

Hannah · Married on 05/25/2014

Tony was an absolutely phenomenal key component to our wedding day and the entire process leading up to it! Not only is he very efficient in communication and meeting initially, but he is the whole package. With such awesome ideas and input in how to make your wedding what you want exactly, Tony is there to help. Before deciding to have a DJ, I didn't think it was a necessary thing, but after meeting with him and finding out all that he really does throughout the planning and preparation stages, I knew I couldn't turn it down. And I am so happy that I did because he made the wedding day seamless. There were so many bumps in the road on our day with POURING down rain which caused our ceremony to have to go to plan B, but Tony didn't ever make it seem like there was an issue which was HUGE as a bride on wedding day.

Sent on 06/30/2014

Tony Schwartz: Wedding MC & DJ's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Hannah! Even though the weather didn't cooperate, it still was a great evening and the party rocked all the way to the very end!

Rosanna · Married on 02/22/2014

My husband and I never quite realized the level of detail and work involved in planning a wedding, we had been guests of many but this was a new experience for us (as it is with all newlyweds), but what we had heard from close friends is that the DJ is really important. This leads me to Tony. We had heard about how great he was because he was actually hired as the DJ for my husbands step sisters wedding. From the first moment we met Tony he was incredibly professional and you could see the passion he has for what he does. We received a binder with everything you could imagine that we would need to know or details he needed from us to help create the perfect evening! He explained to us he is not a DJ but a master of ceremonies, well we can definitely attest to that! Tony did an absolutely incredible job and exceeded every expectation we had and more. There was not one single moment that the dance floor was empty, he had it packed the entire time! Our friends and family had an incredible time and kept coming up to us during the reception with compliments of Tony and the music! From the very start of the planning process, Tony was always available to help walk us through the process and answer any questions. He consistently put me at ease if I felt overwhelmed about the timing of the evening with dinner, introductions, toasts, first dance...so many things to think about but Tony would always remind me, "I will take care of everything" and he did just that! He really did an awesome job and we would highly recommend him, not as a DJ, but an master of ceremonies! Thank you so very much Tony!!!

Sent on 03/31/2014

Tony Schwartz: Wedding MC & DJ's reply:

Rosanna, thank you for the kind comments! I loved working with you and Nathan and was ecstatic and honored to have been a part of your wedding celebration! I am glad to have exceeded your expectations! I wish you both the best - stay in touch!

We used Tony Schwartz for our February 1, 2014 wedding. We hired him about four months prior to our wedding and from the day we hired him he was an absolute rock star!

He had us fill out a 36 page questionnaire which covered every detail you could ever think of. There wasn't a detail that Tony didn't think of. In addition to being our "DJ", he was also the person that set the timeline for the entire day. We were so stressed out about the timeline prior to meeting with Tony but as soon as he started walking us through it, we immediately felt at ease.

He also went above and beyond the call of duty for us. He took special care in understanding who Eric and I were as well as learning about our family, friends and wedding party. He also held us accountable by calling us and emailing us when we were late providing him with information. He understood how busy we were and made sure that got everything taken care of. By the time our wedding day arrived I felt like Tony knew and understood exactly who we were and what we were looking for!

On the actual wedding day, he was AMAZING. We did a special Seahawks-themed grand entrance and without Tony, it wouldn't have been anything special. By the time he introduced us he had every single person in the room on their feet, cheering, waving napkins, clapping and stomping their feet. It was the most incredible feeling for us, and an amazing memory for everyone that was there. Throughout the evening Tony socialized with everyone, played AWESOME music that fit the crowd and made sure that Eric and I were always where we needed to be.

I couldn't be more pleased with Tony's services. Without him, there is no doubt that our night wouldn't have turned out as special as it did. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone.

Thanks, Tony!

Kati and Eric :)

Sent on 02/13/2014

Kati and Eric,

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was an absolute pleasure to work with you - your hospitality throughout the entire planning process was deeply appreciated!

Your wedding was so much fun - I will never forget an entire wedding party walking in wearing custom Seahawks jerseys - nor the fact that I got to MC in mine at a wedding for once!

I wish you both a lifetime of luck and success - you two are PERFECT for each other!

Sincerely,

Madee · Married on 09/20/2013

Tony was an absolute pleasure to work! I highly recommend him!!

Sent on 10/03/2013

Tony Schwartz: Wedding MC & DJ's reply:

Thank you for your review Madee!

-Tony

Tony is great. He helped with not just figuring out music but also helped with planning the whole wedding day. I am sure that with out his suggestions and ideas my wedding would not have been as huge of a success. I honestly would tell anyone who is looking for someone to DJ and or MC an event to give Tony a call. Thanks Tony for all your help we could not have imagined our wedding any better.

Sent on 09/20/2013

Tony Schwartz: Wedding MC & DJ's reply:

Thank you for your kind words!

Maegan · Married on 08/23/2013

We had an amazing wedding DJ and MC because we went with Tony Schwartz! The music was fantastic at our wedding, nobody wanted to go home! He also did a great job making the party move along smoothly! Tony was very responsive and willing to skype with us (we live on the east coast), so easy to work with throughout the entire planning process (he's very organized, which anyone who is like me truly appreciates!). He also took the time to learn a bit about us, I think he sometimes read our minds! We also used Tony for some of our ceremony music (part was violin), and it sounded perfect and was on cue! I would recommend Tony to anyone getting married - you will not regret the amazing experience you will ultimately have!

Sent on 09/29/2013

Tony Schwartz: Wedding MC & DJ's reply:

Maegan, thank you so much for the kind words! I loved working with you and Tony - and the end result was a night of fun I'll never forget! Thank you for choosing me as your MC & DJ - it was an honor and I hope to connect with you both when I make my next trip to the East Coast! Maybe a Red Sox-Yankee game with Tony and his brother, Andy!?!? ;)

Kara · Married on 08/03/2013

Tony was AMAZING! Quick to respond and always answered my millions of questions no matter how crazy they were. He made us feel comfortable and created such an inviting atmosphere. Countless guests complemented his services and said they appreciated how personal he made the wedding ceremony and reception. He met with us and corresponded with us on countless occasions to make sure that our night was exactly what we envisioned it to be. He was amazing and we could not have been happier!

-Kara and Chris

Sent on 08/17/2013

Tony Schwartz: Wedding MC & DJ's reply:

Kara & Chris, thank you so much for the kind words - I had so much fun planning, preparing and presenting your wedding reception! Definitely the best August 3rd wedding in the world and I was honored to be a part of it! Thank you!

Taryn · Married on 07/20/2013

Listened to all of our requests and made them happen! Our event ran smoothly, and Tony kept everyone dancing! We couldn't be happier - we will be recommending him to our friends for their future events for sure!!!

Sent on 07/25/2013

Tony Schwartz: Wedding MC & DJ's reply:

Taryn, thank you for the kind words! It was a pleasure to MC & DJ for you and Aaron - what a beautiful wedding and amazing evening of celebration it was!

Brittany · Married on 07/19/2013

Tony was AMAZING for our wedding! Not only is he professional, but he is also very fun to work with. Tony has a wonderful creative streak that worked perfectly for our wedding theme (Boardwalk Arcade). He's easily able to engage others of all backgrounds, ages, and types to come and join in the party! We think one of his best qualities is how he always finds a way to make things work, so you can have the day of your dreams, and party of your life. You can't go wrong with Tony Schwartz, he is top of the line!

Sent on 08/04/2013

Tony Schwartz: Wedding MC & DJ's reply:

Brittany, WOW! Thank you for the kind words - and taking the time out of your honeymoon to write these words! It was such an honor to be a part of your day! There are always those little moments I treasure - and for you and Colin, it was the smiles on your faces when we played the Dollar Pass and I dropped the theme song to Super Mario Brothers. I'll never forget the smiles you two had! Thank you so much for having me as a part of your wedding celebration - it was a true honor to work for you and make your dream a reality!

Megan · Married on 07/13/2013

Tony Was amazing. Always quick to get back to any questions I ever had. He is so reassuring and confident in what he does (which is what you want in someone that is going to be playing such a huge role in your special day). We were those annoying people that were changing things the night before, and felt so terrible about it. But his response, "No Problem! I will get it all taken care of." Such a Relief. He was so organized and everything was so well thought out.
    I could't have asked for a better DJ than Tony! When you have people asking who your DJ was after the wedding... You know you picked a winner! Worth every single penny!

You won't be disappointed :)

Love,
    Megan & Trent

Sent on 07/24/2013

Tony Schwartz: Wedding MC & DJ's reply:

Megan & Trent, it was such an honor to be a part of your wedding! Thank you so much for the kind words - I thoroughly enjoyed working with you throughout the entire process. And no worries on the night before changes - we got it right on the wedding day and THAT is what matters most!

All my best,

Annie · Married on 07/05/2013

Tony was more than just a DJ. He helped us make our wedding our very own that truly represented who my husband and I are as individuals and as a couple. From beginning to end Tony had everything covered which allowed my husband and I to enjoy the night. And when we first met Tony 9 months before our wedding we said we wanted a dance party and he ensured that we got a dance party. Everything ran so smoothly, my friends and family just kept talking about how great our DJ was. Tony, Thank you for taking such pride in what you do. It's people like you in the wedding industry that make planning the biggest day in a person's life easy. Hire Tony for your wedding!

Sent on 07/22/2013

Annie,

Thank you so much your kind comments - it was a pleasure to work with you and Joe! During the planning process, I was having a hard time discovering if there was a couple I had more fun working with!

I loved planning the music for your wedding - I picked ever single selection with you and your guests in mind - and from dinner to dancing, it kept everyone involved and entertained! You guys danced so hard - it was such a great group to mix for! I know I have an awesome dance party going if I get to play "Take On Me" by A-Ha - that was the hit of the night!

Congratulations to you and Joe - stay in touch!

Taryn · Married on 06/29/2013

Tony was wonderful! I did not have to worry about anything on my wedding day.

Sent on 07/14/2013

Tony Schwartz: Wedding MC & DJ's reply:

Taryn, thank you for the kind words! Your reception was so much fun - thank you again for having me as your MC & DJ!

Michele · Married on 04/06/2013

If you want your wedding to be worry-free, run smoothly, and be the most amazing day of your life, hire Tony Schwartz as your DJ/MC! He invested so much time, thought, and energy into our wedding. We couldn't have been happier with him. He incorporated many "surprises" throughout the wedding and really was the reason that our day was so perfect. I can't imagine what it would have been like without him. Totally worth every penny!

Sent on 04/16/2013

Michele,

Thank you so much for the kind words. It was a pleasure to work for you and Chris - I really can't wait to go to a ballgame this summer with Chris!

For anyone reading this review and wondering what the "surprises" were - I will say this: it was planned in advance, but you'll have the check the blog entry to see what it was:

Daphne · Married on 02/16/2013

Tony is amazing to work with!! He was always available and his responsiveness to my emails & questions was always immediate! I would definitely recommend his services for any large wedding! He totally took over and ran my whole reception!! Not only is he great at what he does, he has a passion for it and you can tell through this professionalism and quality of service!!

Sent on 03/01/2013

Tony Schwartz: Wedding MC & DJ's reply:

Daphne, thank you so much for the kind words. Your wedding was AMAZING! I am so glad, and honored, to have been a part of it! Wishing you and Vic all the best in Alaska!

Kim · Married on 01/20/2013

Our choice to use Tony Schwartz was probably the most crucial and best decision we made in the entire wedding planning process. The role of the entertainment at a wedding is SO CRUCIAL to how the guests perceive the party, and Tony was such a great find for us-- he exceeded every expectation that we had. He had so many good ideas and suggestions for making our wedding totally unique and exactly what we wanted.

I was the type of bride who had very specific ideas about the tone of the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. Tony executed on all of these things flawlessly, blending everything together into a totally cohesive and beautiful musical soundtrack to our day.

Tony's unique mash up style had us all on the floor the entire night. The best part was exchanging some knowing glances with Tony throughout the reception, because he totally made our wedding so incredible and unforgettable, and I think he knew how much I loved it! Our guests are still talking about how it was the most fun they've ever had at a wedding-- and the credit for that all belongs to Tony.

I would absolutely never even consider hiring another MC/DJ if I had to do it all over again. Tony was the backbone of the party and did such an amazing job. He was so responsive and so wonderful to work with!!

Sent on 02/05/2013

Tony Schwartz: Wedding MC & DJ's reply:

Kim, thank you for the kind words. There are couples that the second I meet, I HAVE to do their wedding. You guys were one of those couples !

It was such a fun evening - and I was honored to be a part of it! The glances were like our little secret between the three of us - and my favorite part was seeing you and Justin off to the side, just soaking it all in - something every couple should do, but don't always do. THAT is why I do what I do - and, once again, I'm glad I got to do it for you two!

Amy · Married on 01/17/2013

I am a wedding photographer so I meet many DJ's. Some are ok, some are good and only a very few really stand out to me as great. Tony exceeds all of these. He is so passionate about music, he has a natural talent for overlaying sounds and reading the crowd to know what to bring out next. We had a small wedding with only 47 people and the 2 hours of dancing we had not one person was sitting. It was the best dance party I had ever seen. I have listened to our podcast every day since then and have relived our night over and over. He is worth every penny and more. I love you Tony!

Sent on 02/05/2013

Tony Schwartz: Wedding MC & DJ's reply:

Amy, you know I love you and Tino, and I love your work. It was an honor to be there for your wedding day - I am forever grateful for that. It was such a great evening - my goal was to keep 47 people on the dance floor for two hours - so happy to have nailed it! See you soon!

Rachel · Married on 01/12/2013

We have Tony to thank for the BEST wedding reception ever!! The dance floor was packed from the second music started to the very end! From our first conversation with Tony to my last minute questions/requests, Tony was so awesome. It's clear he loves what he does and really cares that your day is all you want it to be and more. He helped us pull off some awesome surprises from a recorded audio message from me (the bride) to the groom to an amazing elevator entrance to the reception that was timed perfectly. He gave honest and helpful feedback as we planned and was very thorough in asking the right questions to make sure he knew exactly what we wanted. As if playing awesome music and keeping the party rocking wasnt enough, Tony was also responsible for our uplighting and gobo which we recieved alot of compliments on. A DJ can make or break a wedding... Tony WILL make your wedding!!! One of our best decisions was going with him and we would highly recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 01/26/2013

Tony Schwartz: Wedding MC & DJ's reply:

Rachel, thank you for the amazing words! It was an amazing night - and the preparation for all of it was totally worth it! That was perhaps the best Grand Entrance I have ever done - it will be hard to top! Thank YOU for having me as a part of your day!

Megan · Married on 12/01/2012

I'm a wedding photographer so I've had the opportunity to work alongside several DJ's. I first met Tony in 2010 at a wedding for mutual clients. His unique presentation and approachable personality really stood out! When I got engaged and started planning for my own wedding, I knew that I wanted Tony to MC and DJ my day.

It was important to us to end our wedding day with a memorable dance party and Tony definitely helped make that happen. Everyone had a blast on the dance floor! I even remember my dad saying, "that DJ was money well spent". I couldn't agree more.

I hands down recommend this guy! :)

Sent on 02/04/2013

Megan,

Thank you for your review - what a fun party we did for you and Sig!

Can't wait to work with you in the future - your photography work is FANTASTIC!