107 Reviews for - Tony Schwartz: Wedding MC & DJ -

Disco Ball (1)
Photobooth (1)
Projector (1)
107 - Tony Schwartz: Wedding MC & DJ - Reviews

Thanks to Tony, our PNW wedding of 100 people was the BEST, most FLAWLESS day of our lives!!! We met Tony at a friend’s wedding just four months before our own, where we danced non-stop for three hours. We saw how well he worked with the couple, and so we wrote to him the following week to book him; we didn’t need to research another DJ. Right away, he sent us a planning binder to fill out. It took a while, and even a little soul-searching, but his attention to every detail of your personalities and relationship is so apparent in his execution of the wedding ceremony and reception. It’s like he’s known you for years! He also has brilliant ideas to make your ceremony & reception unique, fun and memorable. The day of the wedding was so seamless, which is exactly what a nervous bride and groom are looking for. He had no questions for us, set up everything perfectly on his own, and let us do nothing but have the time of our lives. My husband’s grandparents were skyping into the ceremony, and they could hear our vows perfectly because of the sound quality Tony provided. The best moment of our reception was immediately after cutting the cake. All of our guests were gathered around us and the cake on the dance floor. The moment we were finished sharing our first bite of cake, he played the BEST dancing song. The dance floor was PACKED for the rest of the night!!! I feel bad that hardly anyone ate cake, because they never stopped dancing, but that’s a great problem to have! Every single person has told me it was the best wedding they ever attended. I hope that Tony is still a DJ when our children get married. I’d fly him to the other side of the world to be at their weddings!!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 1/13/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Disco Ball, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

From beginning to end Tony was professional, organized and accommodating! From our very first meeting where he provided us with a binder to fill out that would be specific to our needs, to all the suggestions he gives you to make your Wedding perfect, he does it all. One of his suggestions was a voiceover on my walk down the aisle with my parents, the voiceover was me thanking them for everything they've done for me! There was not a single dry eye in the house and no one at our wedding will forget that! It was truly touching! Brides/Grooms if there is one thing I can say to you it's hire Tony! He is above and beyond any DJ I have ever worked with. As an example we had a change in our day of timing plan (in the middle of our reception!) and within 2 minutes Tony changed the schedule around, got our group seated and made it happen!! We were in a venue with very tall ceilings and crazy acoustics, Tony was able to work his speakers so all could hear our ceremony, toasts, and music clearly which is not easy. He was our master of ceremony as well. He stayed on top of everything. I never had to worry the entire reception. We had more of our guests comments that he was the best DJ they had heard too! It was the best choice for us!! From everything including follow-up meetings, email reminders and accepting of our day of text messages, Tony was perfect. Thank you Tony for making our day exactly how I had imagined!!

Profile Picture Breanne, 12/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

From the moment we decided to book Tony as our DJ, we never had any doubt that he was going to do an absolutely amazing job with our wedding.

Being a fairly organized bride, I loved that Tony is so purposeful with his meetings and process. After our initial meeting, he put us to work on our "binder," which played a huge role in making our night a success. We were able to share our likes and dislikes, and his organized approach helped us walk through the evening while we planned.

His communication is also fantastic. His responses are timely and he is totally flexible. We changed a few minor details a few days before our wedding and he graciously rolled with it.

When it came to the actual wedding, WOW. Tony ROCKED it. From working with our ceremony guitarist to ensuring that we were all in the right place at the right time and ready for the next step in the night, he was organized, prepared, quick, and positive.

I've also never heard so many people talk about how much they loved the DJ. His playlist was exactly what we had in mind - you could tell he put so much thought and effort into our big day. Our friends and family didn't want the night to end!

We can't recommend Tony enough! Thank you again for making our night so special, Tony!

Profile Picture Meghan, 9/30/17, 15 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Tony was amazing! He was extremely professional, quick with responses, flexible, and everything and more we could have asked for in a DJ. We had never hired a DJ before and stressed we didn't want a cheesy and obnoxious DJ, and that is exactly why we chose Tony. He set our mind at ease from our first intro call and we knew he was going to do a great job. He is very down to earth and did an excellent job setting the flow and vibe of our reception to be exactly what we wanted. He played everything we asked him to and we had a filled dance floor of guests having a blast! I would strongly recommend Tony if you are looking for a DJ. We got so many compliments from guests about him and had a handful of guests ask for his contact info for their events or friends events they were recommending him for! We felt very at ease having him in control of the schedule and flow of our reception and he did not disappoint!

Profile Picture Jennie, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Services Used: MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

I highly recommend working with Tony!! He was so easy to work with; he was organized, detailed, and was quick to respond to my emails. During our pre-booking experience, Tony was kind enough to meet with my fiance and I via skype since we were not able to meet in person due to our busy schedules. After talking with Tony, we knew right away that he was a professional and would provide great DJ/Emcee services. After booking with Tony, he was very thorough with our pre-event planning. He mailed us a planning binder with several sections that included things like order of events, ideas and suggestions, ceremony and reception music planning, timeline etc. He walked us through every step of the way making sure that every moment of the wedding and reception was pleasing and engaging for our guests. From what I have heard, our other vendors also enjoyed working with him and had a "team effort" attitude. We loved the personalization he offered as the Emcee while our family/friends were giving their speeches. He shared small fun facts about them and played a fitting song for each person as they approached the mic for their speech. Our reception had a great flow and I believe it was because of Tony as the Emcee. Tony was great and reading the crowd and playing music accordingly. The dance floor experience was AWESOME! Everyone loved the music choices and style. It was fun, lively and entertaining! My new husband and I loved spending time on the dance floor with our family and friends. We ended the night with a special song as we were whisked away. Our only wish was that our reception could have lasted longer!! Our wedding day was so special, one we will never forget. The time FLEW by and before we knew it the night was over. Thank you Tony for helping to make our wedding day so incredible!

Profile Picture Rachel, 7/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Tony is amazing. From first meeting to our wedding day he was nothing but helpful and very insightful. We always felt that he cared about our day so much it felt like we were the only clients he had. He helped everything go so smoothly and he was much more than a dj. His resume should also say wedding coordinator! He even helped my husband write a speech and made him look like a total stud! ;) Tony was extremely professional and we hadn't a care in the world knowing he was there! Thank you Tony!!

Profile Picture Bryttany, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Hiring Tony as the MC/DJ for our wedding was one of the easiest wedding planning decisions, and we couldn't have been happier with how everything went. We had minimal set-up time due to the time restrictions of our venue, so Tony came up the night before to make sure everything was set up for a more smooth wedding day. The sound was fantastic - we had multiple guests tell us how happy they were that they could actually hear everything - especially during our outside ceremony, complete with a bit of rain.

Tony was so easy to work with - receptive of our ideas, as well as ready to supplement with his own ideas to make our reception even more amazing. We had an awesome monogram that really added to our decor, as well as an amazing first dance - complete with the lyrics displaying during our song. The dance floor was never empty and all of our guests were thrilled with the dance party. We ended the night with a black-light glow stick dance party that couldn't have been more fun.

Thank you Tony for making our wedding and reception such a complete success!! Highly recommend to all couples who are looking to have a smooth, unique, FUN day.

Profile Picture Audrey, 6/17/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

My (now) husband and I were about 7 months into the wedding planning process when we discovered Tony at a close friend's wedding. Tony was personable and helped the night's events flow together seamlessly. Needless to say, we left that wedding with a much better idea of what we wanted in a DJ/MC and we made sure to get Tony's card.

Fast forward to the last few months before our wedding... Tony was absolutely wonderful to work with throughout the whole process. He was detailed, organized, tactful with feedback, ready to give suggestions, etc. When we met with him to go over the script, the conversation felt more like we were three friend's planning an event together rather than a strictly-business meeting. There were a lot of laughs, but we were able to talk through the majority of script points within the scheduled time.

The events and music turned out exactly as we envisioned and planned they would and that is thanks to Tony for all of the above reasons, plus his flexibility the day of. Thank you again, Tony!!

If you're looking for a vendor who is easy to work with, but is also an expert on all things weddings, reach out to Tony now!

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Tony was so wonderful to work with from the very beginning. He met with my fiance and I to get an idea of what we wanted for our day. He did such a wonderful job moving the actual day along as well as playing the best music for our event! My #1 request was that we wanted our guests dancing the whole reception and he nailed it!!! Thank you Tony!

Profile Picture Claire, 5/13/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Tony was fantastic. Not only did he help our entire reception flow flawlessly, he made the sound in our acoustically challenged venue (Union Station) work like a charm! He made the ambiance fun, classy and got the entire audience involved just by playing the right music, only speaking when he had to, and playing the right playlist. People have been asking me for his playlist and have told me they haven't danced that much at a wedding in their lives. Thank you so much, Tony!!

Profile Picture Christie, 4/8/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Tony absolutely CRUSHED IT at our wedding (which was at Historic 1625 in Tacoma)! Every song was absolutely what we wanted and I literally danced ALL NIGHT! It was perfect.
Not to mention, he did a lot of prep work ahead of time and it was totally worth it, we got exactly what we wanted on our wedding day. If you want your friends and family to tell you how fun and awesome your wedding was afterwards, Tony is the one to get you there!

Profile Picture Amelia, 1/21/17, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

We witnessed the magic Tony can work on a crowd as guests at a wedding and picked up his card that evening...two years later, Tony was MC and DJ for our big night! In the months leading up to our wedding, we were impressed with how much behind the scenes effort Tony puts in to making sure everything runs as a smooth and efficient production. He really made an effort to get to know us as a couple and honed in on what was important to us for our wedding. Tony is extremely organized, has unique and creative presentation ideas for the reception, and is very timely and reliable in his communication. If you are looking to book an MC/DJ for your upcoming wedding, look no further...in Tony Schwartz, you have found the best!!!

Profile Picture Maari, 10/22/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Tony was absolutely, without a doubt spectacular! Out of all of our vendors we had to choose from, my very favorite decision that we made by far was DJ Tony! From beginning to end and even afterwards, he was so awesome! I'm glad he was so personable and it communication was top notch! He put our wedding day stresses at ease and kept the entertainment at our wedding going the whole night through! I love that Tony isn't just like any other kind of DJ you would book like ones that have multiple DJs and they just assign you whatever one is available and maybe not even get to actually meet them till day of your wedding, with Tony you actually build a relationship and friendship with him and get to meet with him more than once to make sure everything flows correctly and everyone is on the same page. Even when our wedding started to die out because of threats of the storm scaring people, Tony kept the music the whole Nighy through and I applaud him for that! Even with the fun newlyWed game we played and date night cards he helped put together for us! He was so great! He's more than just a DJ, he keeps your wedding fun and exciting! I only have good things to say about him and Stephen and I are so grateful that we had him apart of our big day and are so glad we chose him for our DJ! I would highly recommend him to anyone who's not just looking for just any "dj" but someone personable, fun, and exciting, he goes above and beyond for you and he was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! Thanks times a million Tony! Words can't explain how great you were! We truly appreciate everything you did for us to make our big day special!!! You truly are an amazing DJ and I would recommend to anyone questioning a DJ to book with Tony to see just how amazing he truly is! Thanks again Tony!!! Best DJ ever!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Tony Schwartz is without a doubt THE BEST vendor selection made during our wedding planning process. From the moment I spoke with Tony my anxiety was eased and I knew I could trust him with our wedding day. When it came to the order of events (details of the ceremony and reception), I had no clue where to begin; after speaking with him and working through the binder he sent us, we had a much better understanding of what we wanted for our wedding. Tony is extremely organized, experienced, full of great ideas, and easy to work with. He was basically our wedding planner LOL. He took the vision we had and brought it to life; the energy of our wedding was phenomenal and the dance floor was PACKED ALL NIGHT. Our family and friends constantly compliment us on how our wedding was the best one they've attended; it was because of the work Tony put into it. From the PhotoBooth to the music, he and his employees ROCKED it! Thank you so much, Tony! We can't wait to find another excuse to book you.

Profile Picture User7413098, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

When picking a wedding DJ, most people think they want "good music to dance to". While Tony absolutely crushes in that department, in my opinion his real talent lies in flawless event execution. As the master of ceremonies, he was the MC, the DJ, and essentially the reception day-of coordinator. I left the details of the event flow in Tony's hands and he produced an incredible event that our family and friends raved about. He runs the show like a boss, and if you trust his expertise, he can work magic. Literally. Even our parents/aunts/uncles had rave reviews about the music and Tony's style. He made our wedding unique, just for us, with custom music edits and perfectly adjusted to the vibe of the crowd. Our dance floor was packed all night, and literally the ONLY wish we had at the end of the evening was MORE TIME FOR DANCING!!! My new in-laws already have plans to re-book Tony for an annual event.

Profile Picture Janet, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

It's the Tony Show, and it's incredible. I had so many people tell me they couldn't believe how organized and how smoothly our wedding ran. There was never any down time and the entertainment was non-stop. His ability to read the dance floor and keep it full is unparalleled and all the little details are well taken care of with Tony on your team. Our wedding was a week ago and we're already giving his name out to people who heard our wedding was awesome. Cheers to you Tony Schwartz! You make everyone around you look good!

Profile Picture Meghan, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

This is going to be long, so if you can't handle it, here's the quick and dirty: Tony is absolutely 125% worth every penny and more. You won't be disappointed unless you end up hiring someone else.

Tony completely made our wedding reception!! From the initial "interview" (if you will) to the personal note we received after the event, Tony exceeded every expectation. The "preparation binder" he sent us seemed a little daunting at first, but a bottle (or two) of wine and a long night of giggles and YouTube later, Tony had a blueprint of what we wanted out of our night. That was literally the only "work" we had to do.

If anything could go wrong at a reception, it did at ours. Family matters cut our attendance in more than half, unfinished wedding cake, 2 no-show wedding party members, uncooked chicken, huge accident on i5 that delayed EVERY person who was supposed to help set up......It was everything you expect from a wedding reception. Tony handled everything in stride: made changes that I'm sure were not simple while making me believe they were simple which relieved so much stress, kept our tiny party on the dance floor all night long, and best of all took the time to interact with one of our guests: a young boy with autism and a deep love for music.

I know our reception wasn't an easy event to host and had HUGE potential to be an absolute bust. Tony kept it alive and kept everyone celebrating. 2 months later and we're still getting compliments on the music, the vibe, and how much fun everyone had. I've given out all of the business cards I had and continue to give his info to anyone and everyone who needs a DJ.

Last note, I'm SO happy we added on the photo booth service. The attendant was FANTASTIC, our guests had so much fun, and we have so many amazing pictures from it!!

Profile Picture Brianna, 7/24/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Choosing Tony as our MC/DJ is without a doubt the absolute best decision that we made when selecting wedding vendors! His ability to combine professionalism, class, and fun is above reproach. He not only brought the fun to our wedding day, but it was an absolute pleasure and privilege to work with him throughout the planning process. His services and input proved invaluable and we can say without reservation that our wedding and reception would not have been the same without him. It doesn't matter if your guests are young or old - Tony will pick the right music to get everyone on the dance floor and better yet, they will stay there for as long as he performs! We can't tell you how many people told us that it was the best wedding & reception that they had been to - and we credit that to Tony. We are lucky to be able to have worked with Tony and thanks to his efforts we have unforgettable memories that will last a lifetime! Seriously - we can't imagine a better MC/DJ so if you are in the market and he is available you need to hire him, you won't regret it! BEST DECISION EVER!

Profile Picture Greg & Carden, 7/4/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Tony was the perfect choice for our wedding MC & DJ. He helped pull all the little details of our event together including a last minute slide show we handed him. He got to know us enough to make our wedding and reception fit who we are. The music was exactly what we wanted. He was professional and entertaining. He had great advice, bringing up elements of our event we didn't think of plus, he embraced new ideas we wanted to use with enthusiasm. Seriously, he played the perfect group of songs and helped us have the best wedding ever.

Profile Picture Adina, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Tony was the perfect fit as our wedding MC/DJ! Of course he did as one would expect a wedding DJ to do: he brought the beats. However, it was the personal touches and sincere investment in making our event the huge success it turned out to be that made the difference.

From the get go Tony set us up with the ultimate planning guide that got us thinking about the look, feel, and sound of our special day. This guide helped us to focus in on some the details we might have otherwise overlooked. Then Tony took all this information, worked his magic, and produced the BEST playlist. Seriously, the dance floor was packed the entire night. We are so thankful we never had to write a song by song list.

Beyond the planning guide and the playlist, Tony also provided us with a custom monogram for display and wrote us a custom grand entrance script that made us feel like true celebrities on our day.

If you looking for someone who will strive to get to know you as a couple and produce the perfect, unique soundtrack to your wedding, Tony is your guy!

Profile Picture Lydia, 6/10/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Tony was an absolute hit at our wedding reception! The dance floor was never empty, and he was able to incorporate music from different cultures and age groups so that everybody enjoyed the night. He was extremely responsive and helpful throughout the process, and also gave us unique ideas that helped our wedding be such a success. Our best man danced so much he ripped TWO pairs of pants, so that's saying something. We highly recommend Tony for any event and he will be the first person we call if we ever need a DJ again.

Profile Picture Rochelle, 3/19/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

Up until the day of my wedding, I didn't realize how important a good DJ would be. Tony doesn't just play music; Tony coordinates the schedule, ensures the different aspects start on time and run smoothly, and then continues engaging the couple and guests all event long. His role was similar to a wedding coordinator on the big day.
Based on our meetings and emails, I should have known he'd be a difference-maker. He had so many good ideas that could make our reception special. The Love Story introduction, followed by the entrance as man and wife, was our favorite. Not only that, but we wanted to do a choreographed dance, and Tony custom-mixed the perfect song to enable us to do that. I had toyed with the idea of an iPod and speakers instead of hiring a DJ, which would have been SUCH a mistake in hindsight. Tony was worth every penny in making the evening no-stress, special, and totally memorable.

Profile Picture Erin, 3/5/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

When talking about our wedding, we are very quick to bring up our DJ. Tony Schwartz was not the first DJ we met with. Others tried to sell us on large packages, insisting that a DJ and an MC were needed. Because our reception venue was a block from our wedding, other DJs tried to up charge us. Tony laughed a bit when we described this.

Tony was all professional, but was about more than business. Tony understands that to a couple, a wedding needs to be more than just money. We went in search for a DJ looking for affordability. While most DJs would mostly talk about what "packages" they offer for different prices; Tony took the time to get to know us so that he could fit his services to what we really wanted. It was quickly evident that Tony has a real passion for what he does. We proceeded to sign him on as our wedding DJ.

After signing, Tony really went so far beyond anything we expected from a DJ. He started by providing us a large binder of ideas. We filled out biographies for participants, selected reception ideas, and provided other information. The binder was just full of a ton of fun ideas, stuff we would have never thought of, such as throwing an autographed football rather than a garter.

Tony's ideas kept the crowd involved and interacting throughout the evening without being overbearing. Tony was entirely flexible when we wanted to make game-time decisions at our reception. I cannot stress how fluid he made the entire event and how much stress was relieved knowing he was in our corner.

In addition to his friendliness, professionalism and passion, he was also very logistically capable. He had good sound equipment, great song selections, and a good overall setup.

Tony was easily our top vendor and made the event much less stressful than it could have been. His knowledge and assistance make him much more than your standard DJ who simply makes announcements and plays music.

If you are looking for an A+ DJ, Tony Schwartz is your man.

Profile Picture Melissa, 11/14/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Our relationship with Tony instantly felt like we had been friends for years! We met Tony at the Seattle wedding show when I'm sure he was bogged down with thousands of newly engaged couples and still took the time to stop and chat with us. I knew I liked him instantly. It is a MUST to hire a DJ based on personality and Tony gets an A+ in that category. Not only are you getting a DJ when you hire Tony, but you also get a world-class MC and an on-site event director. When booked, Tony sends you a planning binder that is a BEAST of wedding ideas - anything from ideas for the toasts, wedding party entrances, bouquet and garter belt toss, cake cutting, formal dances....you get the idea. He has an incredible knowledge of what works and what doesn't. We trusted his opinion and are so happy we did. Our guests had a wonderful time and hadn't seen anything like it before. He kept the guests engaged and the dance floor rocking. As I am writing this, it's hard to believe that he was our DJ - he was so much more than that!!! His services are well worth the price. Thank you Tony for making our special day the best. day. ever.

Profile Picture Liz, 9/21/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System

Tony is the best DJ ever!! He made our wedding so fun, it's been almost two weeks and people are still talking about the great DJ that made the wedding! I would hire Tony again and again!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 8/21/15, 1 Review