Toni Patisserie & Cafe Reviews

31 Reviews for Toni Patisserie & Cafe

Toni Patisserie & Cafe 1
Toni Patisserie & Cafe 2

Brenda · Married on 06/09/2018

At our first meting, Toni captured my vision immediately with her sketch, and the tastings that followed assured me that what ever combinations we selected, this wedding cake would not only look spectacular, but would taste even better. Thank you Toni...you hit this one out of the park!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Jeanette · Married on 05/27/2018

Toni Patisserie provided the beautiful, delicious cake for my recent wedding in May. Our entire experience, from the tasting to the follow-up after the wedding, was so impressive. Toni is truly an expert pastry chef. There was a minor issue that the cafe resolved for us immediately. My now-husband and I can't wait to enjoy our cake again on our anniversary, and to go back to the cafe to enjoy pastries once in a while!

Toni Patisserie & Cafe 3
    Toni Patisserie & Cafe 4
    Sent on 06/16/2018

Katie · Married on 09/22/2017

Our cake was included in our reception package through Pinstripes Northbrook, but came from Toni Patisserie. They were very accommodating in scheduling a tasting and helpful in the design process. Plus the cake was delicious!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Katie,

We appreciate the kind words regarding your wedding cake! It was our absolute pleasure to create your dream wedding cake for you! Thank you and we look forward to any future business with you :)

-Marissa

Natalia · Married on 09/22/2017

I am so happy I went to this bakery! My wedding cake was to die for and my cupcakes were delicious! Toni went of different cake styles and helped us figure about what would be best for our wedding. Had a chance to sample everything we were interested in. Everything on my cake looked beautiful and I will be coming back here for future events! Thanks Toni!

Sent on 10/04/2017

Toni Patisserie & Cafe's reply:

Thank you so much for the positive response. It was our pleasure to create this one of a kind cake for you. We appreciate the kind words and any future business with you!

-Marissa

Samantha · Married on 09/09/2017

Toni Patisserie made absolutely beautiful cakes for our wedding. The wedding cake design was based on my drawing of a gate on the Univ. of Chicago campus and they nailed it! Despite the intricacy of the design, the piping on the cake was perfection and looked exactly like the picture I gave them.

Our groom's cake was just as awesome as the wedding cake. My husband, a HUGE Cubs fan, was surprised and ecstatic to see his Wrigley field cake. Decked out with the red sign and Cubs logo, it was a hit with the guests (and subsequently everyone up in Wrigley rooftops the following day when we took the leftovers with us to the game).
    Toni's did an OUTSTANDING job from planning through to the big day, and we couldn't have been happier with their delicious, beautiful cakes.
    Thank you!

Sent on 09/13/2017

Samantha,

We are so happy that everything turned out wonderful for your big day! It was our pleasure to help you bring your vision to life! We hope to work with you again in the future. Thank you!

-Marissa Wilger

Rebecca · Married on 09/24/2016

Toni's was great. Our wedding cake was a huge hit. Bavarian cream with strawberries was the way to go!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Toni Patisserie & Cafe's reply:

Rebecca - that is one of our favorite flavor pairings too! Thank you for the kind words!

Cheryl · Married on 08/08/2016

They are truly the best in the business! They were so courteous and understanding for the vision I was going for. They are true artists with an exceptional talent. Their cakes are not only beautiful works of art, but they taste oh so divine! There are not enough words to express my gratitude to you guys! Everyone to this day compliments on how gorgeous it looked! Thank you so much =) I recommend Toni Patisserie & Cafe for any special occasion!

Sent on 02/25/2017

Cheryl,

We are so happy to hear that everything turned out just how you wanted it to for your big day! Thank you so much for the sweet review!

Monique · Married on 08/06/2016

What can I say? Toni is absolutely amazing. My cake turned out EXACTLY what I had been envisioning and it tasted so good! I received so many compliments about our cake and I can't wait to eat the top for our one year anniversary!

Toni was also fantastic during the whole planning process as well. She is professional, warm, communicative, talented, and open-minded. Not to mention, that she gave us huge pieces of cake at our tasting, and some to bring home with us! (That sealed the deal with my husband.) She is also extremely affordable and was an absolute pleasure to work with!

Sent on 08/12/2016

Monique,

We here at Toni Patisserie are so glad you enjoyed your wedding cake. We appreciate the positive feedback as well! We enjoyed making your one of a kind cake! We hope the rest of your wedding was just as special. Thank you!

Treneice · Married on 07/02/2016

I had my wedding at the Drake Hotel in Oakbrook and they provided me a cake through Toni Patisserie. Me and 3 others went in for a tasting on a Saturday morning and we received HUGE pieces of cake to try. I think I was on a sugar high for the entire day. I went into the appointment with a very specific design in mind and Toni made suggestions to keep me within the Drake's budget. I loved her suggestions better than my design. My cake was absolutely gorgeous and tasted soooooo good. I almost cried when I saw the cake!

Sent on 07/21/2016

Toni Patisserie & Cafe's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind review Treneice! We're so happy that we were able to bring your vision to life, and of course we love giving out big samples so you get to eat a lot of cake :) Best of luck to you and enjoy married life!

Everything was wonderful. Toni was helpful and knowledgeable throughout the who process, and we really leaned into her expertise.

Sent on 07/25/2016

Toni Patisserie & Cafe's reply:

Thank you for your review and we're so glad you enjoyed! Toni is definitely an expert :) Congratulations again!

Alma · Married on 04/09/2016

I could not belive my eyes when my wife and I saw our cake right infront of us!! It was exacly what we had envisioned! Tony did such an AMAZING JOB with this cake!! If you have a design idea take it to her and she will make it happen!!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Toni Patisserie & Cafe's reply:

We're thrilled that we were able to bring your vision to life! Thank you so much for choosing us and congratulations!

Ashley · Married on 07/25/2015

Toni Patisserie & Café is a wonderful bakery! We first used them more than 5 years ago for my sister's wedding and for several important events since then, so they were a natural choice for our wedding cake when we got married in July 2015. They are very easy to work with and provide a lot of guidance and expertise when designing your cake whether you have a design already in mind or are starting from scratch. Not to mention the cake is so delicious! Our cake was beautifully crafted and looked exactly like the design/photo we used as inspiration, It was truly beautiful and so yummy! We received plenty of compliments on both the design and the taste. And to top it off, they're also quite reasonable. Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/18/2015

Toni Patisserie & Cafe's reply:

Ashley, thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure working with you!

Toni worked with us to recreate a custom cake we had seen online and wanted for our wedding. It turned out even better than we could imagine. The cake was so beautiful and delicious all of our guests were raving about it. Highly recommend.

Sent on 08/15/2015

Toni Patisserie & Cafe's reply:

We love to hear that you and your guests enjoyed your dessert! Thank you kindly!

Toni's did an absolute fantastic job of customizing our wedding cake to be exactly what we wanted! I couldn't imagine going anywhere else!

Sent on 07/23/2015

Toni Patisserie & Cafe's reply:

Thank you so much. We are thrilled that you had a wonderful experience with us and truly appreciate you taking the time to send us these kind words. We wish you years of wedded bliss!
    With warm regards,
    Lindsey and the staff of Toni

Geralyn · Married on 06/06/2015

Toni was very flexible and had no problem making changes to our order. We sought her out because I had been to a wedding where her cakes were served. They are absolutely delicious. We were able to get the same cake in a different style. She did a beautiful job re creating a cake my daughter had a picture of. Toni also made numerous suggestions to manage the cost while not sacrificing quality or aesthetics.

Sent on 07/28/2015

Geralyn,
    It was our pleasure working with you and your daughter! Thank you so much for your kind words!

Toni's Patisserie was incredible to work with. I had a very specific vision of what I wanted for my cake and Toni helped us bring it to life. It was beautiful, classic, and elegant and even more perfect than I had imagined. We met with Toni and she drew out exactly what we wanted. She answered all of our questions and was so helpful and wonderful. Our cake tasted so good and we received so many compliments. Thank you Toni for everything!!!

Sent on 07/26/2015

Toni Patisserie & Cafe's reply:

Thank you - We love when our clients come to us with a specific idea in mind that we can sketch out for you so you can really visualize what your cake will look like! We enjoy the uniqueness of each cake that we make!

Sarah · Married on 05/02/2015

The cake I got looked great and tasted even better. It wasn't overly sweet, which is how we prefer our desserts, and everyone gave compliments on it. There were no problems with delivery and it all went without a hitch

Sent on 05/03/2015

Heather · Married on 09/20/2014

Toni's Patisserie & Café was a great choice for me and my husband's sweet table for our wedding! They had a variety of sweets that they customized just for me. My husband and I don't really have a sweet tooth, and therefore wanted just a simple sweets table with a variety of goodies. They understood what we were looking for and didn't pressure us into getting a giant cake or something that we didn't want. I know everyone at my wedding really enjoyed our sweets table. By the time I was able to get to it, everything was almost gone!

Sent on 11/19/2014
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 10/12/2013

The cake was awesome! We loved the design and the flavor and texture were great!

Sent on 10/20/2013

Eleanor · Married on 05/04/2013

Our wedding cake looked fabulous as well as tasted sensational!! We had a 4-layer cake: the bottom 3 layers for guests were carrot cake with cream cheese icing. The top (for the bride & groom to keep) was chocolate cake with chocolate mouse filling and a buttercream icing. All the layers were decorated with icing flowers to match the bridesmaids' flowers. It was all very delicious! Toni has a slide show with pictures of over 100 styles of wedding cakes which all looked fabulous! You will find a cake here to suit you and it will taste absolutely delicious!

Sent on 07/05/2013

Our wedding cake from Toni's in Hinsdale was awesome! First, the tasting was a blast - they were very helpful with ideas and options. We ended up doing two different kinds so we could get both chocolate and vanilla cakes. The cake was beautiful, and most importantly, delicious! I'm just sad I didn't have time to eat more of it.. I'd definitely recommend Toni's cake for any wedding in the Chicagoland area. Just make sure your party saves you a slice!

Sent on 07/12/2012

Lauren · Married on 09/30/2011

My cake was SOOOOOOOO GOOD and beautiful! They were super easy to work with and on top of their game the whole time! Love the cake!

Sent on 11/27/2011

Natalie · Married on 07/25/2015

We used Toni's for our wedding cake and our favors (Mexican wedding cookies). Our cake was a smaller, 2-tier cake, as dessert came with our restaurant menu package. When we went in to meet with the designer in the Loop location, she was very helpful in helping us navigate our options and come up with a design that fit our wedding style and budget. We didn't have a clear vision for the cake, and Toni's team helped us come up with a cake that was beautiful and delicious! It was still an expense, but we are glad we had this beautiful cake for the ceremony of the cake cutting. I would also highly recommend them for favors as well. It was an easy decision for us to not have to worry about favors, as the cake and favors were delivered together, and our guests went out of their way to comment that they were very good.

Sent on 08/16/2015

Toni created a beautiful and delicious wedding cake for my daughter. Our guests raved about the quality of the white butter cake with custard and fresh strawberries. The cake was decorated with a lovely scroll design that complimented the lace of my daughter's gown and a fondant ribbon that matched the bridesmaids' dresses. Their attention to detail and service was outstanding.

Sent on 07/20/2012

Emily · Married on 09/03/2011

I didn't want a wedding cake at my wedding, but I did want an elaborate sweets table full of delicious desserts! Working with Toni was a pleasure. She makes the most delicious sweets and also has an eye for putting together a table that just looks beautiful. We had an amazing display of macaroon trees, mini cupcakes, personalized cookies, cake pops, and brownie bites. She put everything together in a way that coordinated with our feel and theme and also made it exactly how I envisioned. Toni is not only an incredibly sweet person, but very talented.

Sent on 09/27/2011