Tom Ham's Lighthouse Reviews

Tom Ham's Lighthouse 5
  • Janet

Zachariah T Overmyer · Getting married on 10/16/2020

Perfect Venue, Extreme Professionalism

Brooke @ Tom Ham's Lighthouse is AMAZING. She was friendly, responsive and extremely helpful. This venue is so affordable with breathtaking views and incredible food options. After booking this venue, I'm so excited for our special day!

Sent on 04/26/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Casinelli · Married on 09/20/2019

Best Venue in San Diego

The food, the venue, the waitstaff, absolutely everything was perfect having our wedding at Tom Hams. It was truly the most classy venue. People are still raving about the food, saying it’s the best wedding food they’ve ever had. But the wedding coordinators Brooke and Perla truly made planning our wedding seamless. Most wedding venues you have to get your own coordinator. These two women helped me with every detail and made our wedding day the best day ever. Hands down the best venue to get married at in San Diego!

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • JennBarlow

Jenn · Married on 07/06/2019

Epic location

Everything about this venue from the location on the water looking back at the city to the food, just perfection

Sent on 09/13/2019

Sarah · Married on 02/23/2019

The most beautiful View in San Diego!!

This is the most beautiful wedding venue. We received so many compliments on how nice the ceremony and reception space was. Brooke and her team are awesome and super responsive. Even random one-off questions about table cloths and high chairs, etc. were all answered quickly and in a positive manner. We had the best experience and are so thankful we found Tom Ham's. A few of our guests said it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding and several told our parents it was the nicest wedding they had been to. We did centerpieces and up-lights and other than that the venue is the decoration, so its perfect for those who don't have a huge decoration budget or want a more classic feel.

Sent on 03/18/2019
  • Abigail

Abigail · Married on 01/19/2019

Perfect reception location and food!

My husband and I actually met at Tom Ham's years ago and his family has had many events here. Even after the remodel I was very please with their service and professionalism. The wedding coordinator team was very prompt in responding and I highly recommend the venue. So beautiful!

Sent on 03/26/2019

Haley · Married on 07/14/2018

All of our guests remarked how fantastic the food was, most saying it rivaled the best they've ever had for a wedding. On top of that, the drinks were great, the staff was very attentive, and of course, the views were spectacular.

If you're considering having your ceremony and/or reception at Tom Ham's, don't think twice!

Sent on 07/29/2018

Savannah · Married on 07/04/2018

We had our Fourth of July wedding at Tom Ham’s Lighthouse and it was incredible! Perla and Sarah were amazing. They were so professional and personable through out the whole processes from our first tour to the tasting to our wedding day. I appreciated their attentiveness to us on our big day making sure every detail was right and that we were taken care of! I cannot thank them enough. The food was great (we did the buffet) and the view for the fireworks was to die for! All our friends tell us it was hands down the best wedding they have ever been too. This venue does not disappoint and neither does the staff. I cannot say enough good things about them!

Tom Ham's Lighthouse 6
    Tom Ham's Lighthouse 7
    Tom Ham's Lighthouse 8
    Sent on 07/22/2018

Marla · Married on 05/20/2018

This was my dream venue (having lived in San Diego my whole life) and the ONLY place I wanted to get married at, so we did what it took to budget it in and make it happen and we it did for less than 10K! This is how. If you get married on a Friday or Sunday they wave the $800 fee for the ceremony site, which is the main reason I wanted to get married there, the view cannot be beat of the San Diego downtown skyline! Gorgeous! We also picked a lunch buffet for 80+/- people and even added a hosted beer (w/a limit) and some champagne mimosas and viola!! A beautiful wedding on a budget. They ladies at THL are great to work with. They're communication via email was excellent. They were flexible and worked with us and our vendors. The food at THL was awesome as well, even for a buffet we got rave reviews from our guests. The staff working our reception was also great. I highly recommend this venue for any wedding!

Tom Ham's Lighthouse 9
    Tom Ham's Lighthouse 10
    Tom Ham's Lighthouse 11
    Sent on 05/30/2018

Liezel · Married on 11/22/2017

Brooke and Perla were extremely helpful from the start! After we viewed the ceremony site and reception rooms, we knew this would be the perfect setting for an outdoor fall wedding in San Diego and we couldn't have been more pleased! Brooke and Perla answered any questions I had and were always very responsive throughout the entire process. Everything that Tom Ham's provides for the ceremony site and banquet halls took the stress out of finding a vendor for chairs/tables. Everyone loved the food during dinner and cocktail hour and the value for what you get was worth the price. The staff (bartenders and banquet staff) were also outstanding! We have already recommended this venue to another bride!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Devyn · Married on 07/17/2017

Tom Ham's is a beautiful and stunning location where we held our wedding reception. I had so many questions for them, and they were on top of answering every single one of them so quickly, mostly within a few hours! The food was delicious and very flexible with decorations. We loved having our wedding reception there, I highly recommend it!

Sent on 07/28/2017

Denise · Married on 07/07/2017

We had my daughters wedding at Tom Hams 7/7/2017 - everything was beautiful, food was delicious and Perla and Brooke very helpful in coordinating a fantastic event. We would recommend this as a wedding venue

Sent on 07/27/2017

Maggie · Married on 06/23/2017

Holding our wedding ceremony and reception at Tom Ham's was a dream come true. The venue is incredible, the views are top notch and the staff of Brooke and Perla make planning a wedding seem so manageable and easy. Brooke and Perla both were very responsive over email and phone, their software used for Event Planning made everything crystal clear and upfront. I would recommend Tom Ham's to all the brides out there.

Sent on 06/28/2017

Daniel · Married on 11/26/2016

We used Tom Ham's for our wedding, and couldn't be happier. We had lots of out of town guests who were blown away by the view and AMAZING food. Kelsey was very helpful along the way when we were planning, and the staff did an incredible job the whole night, especially when we were thrown a curveball and had to move the ceremony inside at the last minute due to rain. We definitely made the right choice, Tom Ham's was great!

Sent on 01/21/2017

Melissa · Married on 08/06/2016

My parents had their wedding dinner and Tom Ham's over 40 years ago!! Obviously, the place has changed a bit since then, but the sentimental value alone was enough for us to consider it for our rehearsal dinner. We had a few options, but the views of the bay, food and service made choosing them a no brainer. The restaurant is impeccable and our guests were blown away by the gorgeous San Diego sky line views at night. Tom Ham's was a perfect choice and we highly recommend it!!

Sent on 12/03/2016

George · Married on 10/17/2015

We held our wedding rehearsal/welcome dinner here. Most of our guests were from out of town. Everyone loved this place! People went back to eat here over the weekend they liked it so much. Tom Ham's has the best views of the harbor and skyline. The food was great and the staff that worked with us were amazing.

Sent on 10/23/2015

We had our ceremony and reception at Tom Ham's. The events team is a pleasure to work with. We made our own photo booth and were still working on it the day before the wedding. They accommodated our last minute requests for the photo booth table. The staff the day of the wedding was amazing, always making sure we were taken care of no matter how busy we were. The food was delicious and the views outstanding. We hope to enjoy future events at Tom Ham's.

Sent on 09/24/2015

Randy · Married on 06/19/2015

Our wedding location, the food and the attentiveness of the staff couldn't have been any better. We wanted an amazing San Diego wedding by the bay and we got it. Tom Ham's Lighthouse is a must visit just for the view and the food on any given day. Having a wedding here is a breathtaking experience and we continue to hear that our event was the best anyone has ever been to. Thanks for making our day so special not only for us, but for everyone that traveled far and wide to be there to celebrate our big day!

Sent on 06/26/2015

Karina · Married on 05/26/2015

Beautiful view and ceremony site. They were extremely helpful with all aspects of the ceremony and reception. Food was also delicious.

Sent on 06/10/2015

colette · Married on 09/26/2014

One word...amazing! My husband and I were both born & raised in San Diego and this venue is was perfect mix of what San diego is about. Our guest are still talking about the wonderful food & beautiful views. We can't say enough about the wonderful service we received leading up to our event and during our special day. Stephanie is a wonderful events planner and so easy to work with. Water front wedding & reception without the sand plus the added downtown skyline as a backdrop = priceless

Sent on 02/08/2015

Jenell · Married on 09/13/2014

Stephany at Tom Ham's Lighthouse was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was very helpful and responsive to all of my questions when planning my wedding. Everything was very clear and she was upfront about all costs or things to keep in mind when making changes. It was nice to have all of the information up front when making a decision. The wedding went very smoothly.
    All of our guests raved about the food (we had a buffet with a steak and fish entree option, two salads, soup, and tray passed appetizers). We live in New Orleans and the chef even added some cajun flare to our appetizers. Blackened shrimp with a remoulade sauce and cajun spiced beef brochettes. I was very impressed with their flexibility to our menu requests.
    The view from Tom Ham's Lighthouse over the water and looking onto downtown San Diego really made the evening spectacular.
    Overall, the location, event staff, food, service, and competitive pricing made Tom Ham's Lighthouse the perfect wedding venue!

Sent on 09/26/2014

kunal · Married on 07/13/2014

This review is for their wedding services :
    I had my magical and amazing wedding at Tom ham's lighthouse.
    1) This places is has the amazing view of the ocean and San Diego skyline. They put in like millions of dollar of renovations and the new place is amazing. They custom build the ceremony site with a huge metal arch which is beautiful.
    2) Our wedding co-coordinator was Stephanie and she was amazing, very prompt in replying to email and helped us in every step of the wedding planning. Some one here pointed out that tom ham's been not flexible which is not true, they were extremely flexible. Hey they allowed our dogs to be part of the ceremony which surprisingly a lot of other venues blatantly denied us to have our dogs being part of our ceremony on our special day.
    3) The food is amazing . Ours was a mixed Indian-american wedding. The chef actually custom made all the appetizers in Indian style. the main entree was American-italian style and was really good.
    4) We booked both the rooms and the price was very decent for ocean/city view venue in san diego.

This place has been everything I dreamed off for my wedding. I ddidnt have any complain. Kudos to the wedding managements.

Sent on 11/14/2014

Haley · Married on 06/14/2014

Tom Ham's Lighthouse was everything my husband and I had wanted. The new arch is beautiful (and doesn't need to be decorated), the banquet manager was professional and quick to respond to any questions, and we were happy with the service provided during the reception.

Sent on 07/01/2014

Tom Ham's was a gorgeous venue for our wedding. Stephany, the event coordinator was so organized, she kept the event flowing with ease. The food was also delicious. We got so many compliments on the food! And did I mention the view? Breathtaking!

Sent on 07/18/2014

LILLIAN · Married on 11/16/2013

Great place for an event, great views, relaxed atmosphere, great service

Sent on 03/20/2014

Brandi · Married on 09/14/2013

Tom Hams Lighthouse was amazing. Stephany was so helpful and so easy to work with. She always kept me in the loop and was quick to respond if I needed something. The venue is beautiful, it was recently remodeled and its breathtaking. All of our guest were in awe with the view and the service as well as the quality of the food. When we did our tasting the chef came out and spoke to us allowing us to ask question etc. I would recommend this location to anyone.

Sent on 10/30/2013