Tom Gavin's DJ Delights Reviews

175 | Bel Air, MD

175 Reviews for Tom Gavin's DJ Delights

Denise · Married on 09/23/2012

I was having difficulty loading my planner on their website and within minutes of calling their office I got a return call from Tom who got his main person, Jessie involved immediately and they helped me. The impressive thing was this was on a sunday. Wonderful staff dj they sent. Tom visited the party and made sure all my details were in order. Very pleasant experience. My guests really had a good time.

Sent on 10/16/2012

Jack · Married on 09/02/2012

Tom and his entire team were great. While there were issues with our venue, DJ Delights stepped in and helped manage the reception when the catering staff person sent a replacement who was not as experienced. We would have survived, but hardly anyone noticed the hotel's hiccups due to the DJ ... dj delights going above and beyond what we hired them for. The music was hot, the attitude was very positive and I would recommend them and hire them for another event.

Sent on 09/16/2012

Lacey · Married on 08/17/2012

We chose DJ Delights because we saw them at a friends wedding. The music was great. The dj sent to our party was fun and great with my guests. We are planning to use them again for our company christmas party. They were not the cheapest nor the most expensive. Good value for all the service they provided.

Sent on 10/17/2012

Cassie · Married on 04/06/2012

They were very flexible. It turned out to be such a nice day the resort moved my ceremony from inside to their outside garden. We forgot to call Tom or his office. When they arrived ... they didn't let us down but set up a separate sound system including a mic for our minister all at the last minute for no additional charge. Their performance was as if they had known my guests forever they were so friendly. All our songs were played and Tom was right. Our phones did receive vm's, and texts from most of them the very next day saying what a great party it was. DJ Delights was the best value of my entire wedding.

Sent on 04/09/2012
  • F

Charlene · Married on 01/08/2012

I hired them for my parents anniversary party. Their music library was huge. Tom actually found their wedding song, though my folks had a band at their wedding. It was an obscure title. We had guests of all ages and they all had a blast. I went in with no idea of what DJs cost, and I believe I got a great value given how the party turned out. I just was surprised what their rate (and others I shopped) was. At the end of the day, our guests had a great time

Sent on 02/28/2012

kylie · Married on 12/17/2011

My guests loved their style. They were fun and very interactive with all of them. Tom especially.my parents loved him and his attention to all my details before the week of the wedding. We've already have reserved DJ Delights for another wedding in our family in 2013.

Sent on 02/17/2012

Tracey · Married on 11/26/2011

Their attention to detail was impressive. They called me back within 3 minutes each time I phoned. Every e mail I sent was responded to within half a day. My guests had a great time. The emcee they provided along with a DJ was friendly, energetic and a great party manager. What more could you ask for. Would recommend them (and have) in a new york minute. Very together organization.

Sent on 02/20/2012

Kimberly · Married on 11/27/2010

Our wedding reception was incredible. The music and more importantly (as Tom predicted) the party management and positive attitude DJ Delights provided made a huge difference in my day. I like others had been to several weddings (one an Ipod ... so bad!) where the dj was a first class bore! NOT DJ DELIGHTS. Tom's promise of Perfect Planning creating a Perfect Party came true with almost every song that entertained my guests and enabled the party to run 30 minutes over. Plus their entire admin staff was Fun and so enjoyable to work with. We even invited Tom and his assistant to our after party. This vender exceeded my dreams of a party.

Sent on 01/01/2011

Anne · Married on 07/03/2010

It was a close decision between DJ Delights and one other firm for the entertainment at our wedding. What made Tom Gavin and his staff different from the rest of the groups we considered was that each time I spoke to Tom or his staff, they had another great idea, everytime for my wedding. And it did not always have to do with music. These are simply very giving, idea oriented, energetic people. The organizational skills of the dj the day of my wedding exceeded my expectation. The music selection was more than I could have ever created myself. The dj even purchased 2 songs from a subscription service Tom pays for while the party was in progress ... 2 songs that my maid of honor asked for at the reception but the dj did not have ... how cool was that! My father has already hired Tom and DJ Delights for my sisters graduation party next spring .. thats how impressed he was. Thank you DJ Delights. The music was Perfect! Anne Ryan.

Sent on 11/29/2010

Darlene · Married on 03/13/2010

All I have to say is if you're planning an upscale wedding, seriously look at Tom Gavin and his staff. Their approach to business was unlike any other vendor I dealt with, plus Tom made every step of the way fun. His sense of humor eased my stress more than once, and his emails he sent me while always helpful and informative added a smile to my face more than once. The party was incredible. They had my guests dancing from the moment the lights were turned down until the last dance. Two staff members, Tom and his DJ Engineer made the day as memorable as I had visioned since I was a little girl. Already 2 of my friends have contacted them about their weddings in 2011. Professional, friendly and fun, thats the perception Tom Gavin and DJ Delights left my guests with. Darlene

Sent on 12/18/2010
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 06/28/2009

Tom Gavin's DJ Delights did a great job! They played what I wanted and they were reasonably priced. They know the Liriodendron in Bel Air very well and do a great job there!

Sent on 07/14/2009

Peta · Married on 09/16/2017

I played phone tag a few times with Tom but once I was able to talk to him he was very professional and assured me of any worries I had. Initially I was worried about hiring this company since i'm from the Caribbean and wanted Reggae and Soca music but DJ Li did an amazing job switching from relaxing Reggae beats to Soca and other current songs. He had everyone out on the dance floor partying it up and dancing the night away but I wish he played at least 1 or 2 slow songs.

Sent on 10/01/2017

Tom did the music for our wedding on September 19th. He is the preferred DJ at our wedding venue (Celebrations at the Bay) and we definitely saw why! After we signed our contract with him, he met with us at our apartment to go over what music we were interested in for our wedding. The day of, he played exactly what we wanted and I got many compliments throughout the night on him. The only issues we had were that he said the best man's name wrong after his speech, and the music was played really loud during dinner and we did have to ask multiple times to have it turned down.
    Other than that we were very pleased with Tom and would recommend him for other weddings.
    Thanks Tom!

Sent on 10/04/2015
  • User2098041 · 2+ years ago

Tom was so fantastic! Our dance floor was packed all night. He even worked with us when we edited our first dance and father/daughter songs. Great price for such outstanding work!

Sent on 06/26/2012
  • F

Susan · Married on 02/24/2012

The party was great. The service was great. Our friends are still talking about the great time. DJ Delights played a big part in my day being as close to perfect as possible. Had the limo not been late it would have been an absolute perfect wedding. We loved them. Will tell our friends.

Sent on 03/07/2012

Dee · Married on 01/28/2012

While I feel a perfect score is hard to find ... the olympics for example, I want to give DJ Delights as close to a perfect one as I can. From the time I first spoke with Jessie via e mail, then over the phone I felt like she cared about ME first, then my wedding. When I found our later her previous career was in customer service (my field) I could see why. Later in the planning, Tom kept talking about perfect planning and perfect preparation which really got me excited. All the other dj's were telling me how great they were. Jessie and Tom emphasized what my guests would be talking about the day after my wedding. The day after I got voice mail after voice mail as we headed out to a cruise and came home to an in box of e mails raving about everything to do with the day. This organization really cares about the experience before and during the party ... and got a nice note from them following up a few weeks later. The music of course was important that day, but the presentation was just as polished.

Sent on 02/24/2012

Megan · Married on 01/21/2012

Aside from playing phone tag with Tom and his staff these people were the easiest vendor I dealt with. The party was wild. Tom had 3 people assigned, so I felt like I had my own personal bridal maitre'd the whole day, while the banquet facility was no help at all. Tom's energy infected even my father, who is very set in his ways. His dj and assistant were most personable. As I said the only ripple was my schedule and his were in opposite directions each time I was available for our meeting, he was booked. Great value. Would use and recommend again.

Sent on 02/23/2012

Stacey · Married on 01/13/2012

Great service. Got more than we paid for. Our banquet hall gave us a separate room for our ceremony at the last minute and Tom and his team took care of the extra equipment so he didn't have to be rushing equipment from one end of the hotel floor to the other side where the reception was. And he didn't ask for any extra money. Very flexible, the party was fun and my guests left happy.

Sent on 02/24/2012

Jean · Married on 09/10/2011

The DJ was also included in my package from Martin's. They did a grat job of mixing up the music and playing all the popular hits and all the songs that guest had requested. My dance floor stayed full until the last dance.

Sent on 10/04/2011

Jeanine · Married on 09/25/2010

Tom and his entire team could not have pleased us more. Their website was easy, Tom personally visited me at my home ... my mother even loved him! Skip, our dj was even funnier than Tom was! His voice reminded you of the Geico guy voice you hear on the commericials. Deep and sexy. His articulation of some very difficult names was perfect and his music selection made my guests until the hall had to actually throw us out! Wonderful choice if you're looking for people that impressed me as being interested in their serice first, and the money last.

Sent on 11/25/2010

Jodi · Married on 05/01/2010

My biggest fear with my father after investing all this money in my wedding day was that a cheesy dj would ruin the party (dad wanted a band). Tom Gavin and DJ Delights impressed both my father as well as my guests. This company is terrific. Pleasant, enjoyable very detailed leading up to my wedding day ... day of ... WOW! Flexible, fun and for the outcome my guests enjoyed very very affordable. Am still getting calls saying what a great time guests had. Dad is sold. Hope these thoughts help Tom and his future customers. Dad actually liked Tom right away ... something about Red Sox, I forget exactly what. Can't recall more than 5 songs these guys played that night, only can recall what a fun, enjoyable party they helped create. Hope anyone that reads this considers them, we were very pleased.

Sent on 12/08/2010

Patricia · Married on 08/29/2009

Thisd is the second time that we have used this vendor. We were very pleased with them both times. They had everyone up dancing. Everyone had a good time.

Sent on 09/04/2009

Jobi · Married on 07/25/2008

We had some timing issues with our reception and our DJ did a wonderful job keeping the party going. Our wedding went on until 1am b/c guests kept paying for the DJ to stay extra time. It was awesome!

Sent on 01/14/2010

Bonita · Married on 10/13/2007

I used DJ Delights for my wedding reception and can I just say that we partied like it was 1999! HA! Tom was good about organizing your music and putting together a list of music that you absolutely had to have played at your event - and all other songs were tailored around the type of music you chose. The dj that did my event was very professional and good about keeping people on the dance floor. Even my photographer got out there and cut a rug! It was great!

Thank you Tom & the DJ Delights Team!

Sent on 10/14/2008

Emily · Married on 06/22/2013

3.5

Dj Delights did a wonderful job at my wedding reception! He played great music, mostly a variety of pop, country, r&b, etc. He really got everyone up and dancing! He was super professional. I think it was a lot of money, but from research he is actually priced about the same if not lower than many. All in all great DJ!

Sent on 08/07/2013