Todd Nichols Photography Reviews

Todd Nichols Photography 6
Todd Nichols Photography 7

Meagan Fillmore · Getting married on 12/14/2019

Best of the best!

Todd & Julie are amazing! They were up for an adventure when my fiancé and I wanted to do our engagement session at a remote location on my families property and the pictures turned out absolutely stunning!

Sent on 04/06/2019

Kortney · Getting married on 09/21/2019

Wedding Day 09/21/2019

From the beginning my fiancé and I both knew that our photographer would probably be the most important vendor decision we made. I researched and contacted several, all the while I would continually go back to my venue’s website and look at a certain set of photos from Todd and Julie, and compare everything back to them. I don’t know why I didn’t put it all together sooner, but it finally dawned on me that I just needed to reach out to the photographer who had taken those photos. After I sent Todd and Julie an email I was contacted the same day to set up my consultation. From the moment we entered their home studio my fiancé and I were both in awe of their beautiful photos, or rather artwork, which hung on their walls. Working with your partner in not for everyone, but after working with and owning a business with my own fiancé for over 4 years I know that if the right couples are combined it can create amazing results, and I knew this would be the case with Todd and Julie. We left their home that evening knowing they were exactly what we wanted. My fiancé and I spent several days talking about everything, and we both agreed that we wanted to do whatever it took to have them photograph our memories. Since then Julie has consistently checked in on us. She knows we are planning this wedding by ourselves, and she always takes time to ask us how the planning is going; she’s sent us vendor lists, looked over outfit choices, and even took the time to create our wedding day timeline. Our engagement shoot could not have been any easier or more relaxed, and they were even willing to include our horses. I’m a more reserved personality, but both Todd and Julie made the entire process comfortable and fun, and the end result is even more outstanding than I could have imagined. Our wedding is just shy of a year away at this point, but I have no doubt that Todd and Julie will continue to deliver their extraordinary service throughout the remainder of our time.
    I promise that Todd and Julie will make you feel as if you and your fiancé are their only clients in the world.

Sent on 10/26/2018

Eliena · Married on 06/22/2019

If you want someone to make you feel comfortable, beautiful and makes you look natural in your pictures. Todd and Julie are the people for you! They will take care of you, get excited with you and turn you into the model that you are meant to be! They give you a sense of comfort in some of your most life changing moments and captures it for you to reminisce over for years and years to come. I cannot express enough the magic that they bring to a picture and love that they capture! Having them as your photographer would be one of the best decisions for your big, beautiful, life changing day!

Sent on 02/16/2018
  • Erica

Erica Kimble · Married on 06/08/2019

Simply magical

How do you put words to feelings of overwhelming gratitude? Let me try.... Todd and Julie Nichols are genuinely passionate about making THE most important day of your life feel, look and truly be magical. Period.

We were looking at pulling off a wedding in 4 months and I started thinking about who could capture my wedding and also make it look like a million bucks. With zero time, I was shocked that they were available. We had so many friends or family who did “photography”. They had a nice expensive camera, knew a few tricks, or could do a decent job for family portraits. I might sound picky, but I wanted photos that would last a lifetime! Photos that were worthy of being hung in our home forever on display. I wanted those beautiful moments not to be just memories but to be beautiful gifts for our parents, our future kids, family and friends. Your wedding day literally is a blur. I know I don’t ever want to forget how I felt that day and now I have timeless photos to refresh my mind.

Todd and Julie are a team. They themselves have a beautiful marriage that shows when you work with them. They take the time. Never make you feel rushed. Taking the upmost care to the details. They make your day feel effortless, stress free and so much fun!!! You can’t help but smile and feel amazing around them. Their work truly speaks for itself and is worth every penny. We decided from the very beginning that we wanted to invest the bulk of our budget in our photos. We trusted Todd & Julie and are SOOO thankful we did.
    If there was a way to review them a 100 stars, I would. Please do yourself a favor and talk with them about ANY of your photo needs. They have us as lifetime customers. From the bottom of my heart, I thank them.

Sent on 06/10/2019
    Todd Nichols Photography 8
    Todd Nichols Photography 9
    Todd Nichols Photography 10

Cindy Walker · Married on 03/30/2019

I have and will recommend them again, and again, and.....

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Them!! Julie and Todd work so well together and used the natural Mountain views to showcase this special day!! They really are a team that helped us preserve special memories. Not sure where you two were hiding in some of these shots?
    Thank you two so very much!

Sent on 08/08/2019

Carson & Brittany Sofro · Married on 09/15/2018

We knew from the beginning finding the right photographer was going to be a task. We interviewed, contacted, and sought after several. We found no one even close to Todd and Julie Nichols. From the moment we met we were more than just clients, they made us feel like family. Every need, question or concern was addressed immediately and the quality of their work and services speak for themselves. We have had people view our photos from all over the world and they all say the same thing. "OMG . . . Who is your photographer!"

From our engagement shoot to the day of our wedding we could not have asked for a better or more professional experience. They made us feel like models, capturing every moment, detail and memory from our special day.

To anyone looking for the best in the business, we would highly recommend Todd Nichols Photography. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/28/2018
  • Kerry

Kerry · Married on 09/08/2018

Julie and Todd have been so wonderful to work with! They made us feel so comfortable for our engagement shoot, and they were so sweet and patient, positioning us and making suggestions to get the best shots. Julie also helped a ton with outfits ahead of time, sharing tips about what looks good on camera. Their experience is invaluable! And the images...are 100% worth it!! They captured so much of US at our best. Love every single picture so far and can't wait for them to capture our big day!

Sent on 05/24/2018

Todd Nichols Photography's reply:

Kerry and Jeff, it has been an absolute pleasure to spend time with you both!! You guys are very special. You two are why we love what we do. We can't wait for your perfectly YOU wedding this fall! It will be amazing!! Praying for a beautiful starry sky :) With Love ~ Julie + Todd

Kristen · Married on 08/25/2018

Where do I begin? Todd and Julie I feel were brought to us for a reason. I knew what I was looking for when I began to embark on finding the perfect person to play the most important role on my big day, but I couldn’t even begin to imagine what perfection I found in not only a single photographer, but TWO amazing people who work together in the most perfect sync as a team. Not only did I have a very specific idea of the type of photos I wanted for my wedding day, but I also wanted to work with someone who was going to do more than their “job”. I also knew I wanted someone who I connected with on a level where I felt comfortable sharing my special moments with. When I emailed Julie after I had done some extensive research on hers and Todd’s work, I expected to receive an email response within a few days, but lone behold my phone rang about 45 minutes later. Julie called me and left me a voicemail and I knew right then just by her voice, that I had to have her and Todd shoot my engagement photos and wedding day and I was going to do whatever I needed to make sure it happened. Fast forward two weeks later and I met them at their home (yes, they invited me to their home to meet them for the first time). As soon as I walked through the door, I knew without a doubt that these were my people! They even gave us a 2nd mini-session for our engagement photos because I left feeling less than happy due to the awful weather. Throughout the entire process, both Julie and Todd made me feel beautiful and I knew that they both truly cared for our happiness! On our wedding day, both T&J went above and beyond. They brought a sense of calmness to me on our wedding day. Our pictures came out more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. Todd captured literally every important and candid moment from me getting ready all the way to our reception. Our pictures are more than pictures; they are our forever memories. We love you, T&J!!!

Sent on 09/17/2018
    Todd Nichols Photography 18
    Todd Nichols Photography 19
    Todd Nichols Photography 20

Todd Nichols Photography's reply:

Oh my gosh, I'm wiping tears away...thank you so much for trusting us to be there for you and your family Kristen! It was our complete pleasure to spend time with you in our home studio, at the engagement shoot(s) :) and at the wedding. You're the best!! We love you. Can't wait for you to have your album too! xoxo ~ Julie + Tod

Kaitlyn · Married on 08/11/2018

I can not speak highly enough of Todd Nichols photography. They were booked for our wedding date (which was absolutely disappointing). Despite not being able to photograph our wedding, Julie went above and beyond to help me with my destination wedding. I was planning a wedding in another state, from a distance, in under 4 months. She contacted a fabulous wedding coordinators/decorator/caterer on my behalf, told them my story, and had them call me immediately. She found the unpublished phone number for the owner of a garden where I wanted to get married and take photographs, offered incredibly helpful advise, and kept checkin in on me to make sure everything was going smoothly and asking if there was anything else she could do to help. On top of that, their photographs are by far the best of all the photographers I researched. Because of our short timeframe, we didn't have any options about the venue dates. Had we had, we would have changed our wedding date, just to have them as our photographer.

Sent on 07/23/2018

Gabby · Married on 08/11/2018

Todd and Julie were one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning process. Not only do the photographs speak for themselves, but Todd and Julie are such incredibly great people to work with. They captured our wedding and engagement pictures this year, and each session was perfect. Their professionalism and friendly demeanor always made us feel comfortable and put us at ease, which translated to the perfect images. They were always there for us when we had questions, and seriously would drop anything to help us. We are so happy to have found Todd and Julie and know that they will be our first and only choice to capture all the important moments in the future. Would highly HIGHLY recommend them!

Sent on 09/04/2018
    Todd Nichols Photography 21

Ashley · Married on 07/28/2018

Todd and Julie were timely, efficient, and professional. Julie's attention to detail and Todd's excitement of capturing the perfect light cannot be matched. From day one (almost a year before the wedding) they were so thoughtful; we truly feel they care about us and our experiences. I highly recommend Todd Nichols Photography to ANY couple who wants breathtaking images of their wedding day. Worth every penny!

With Love,
    Mr. & Mrs. Florence

Sent on 08/22/2018
    Todd Nichols Photography 22
    Todd Nichols Photography 23
    Todd Nichols Photography 24
    Todd Nichols Photography 25

Todd Nichols Photography's reply:

Ashley and Ben, you are both such darlings. Can we do this again every year?! :) Seriously, such a wonderful experience with you both. So much love to you and thanks for the kind words! xoxo ~ Julie + Todd

Kacie · Married on 07/07/2018

Todd and Julie captured our wedding so beautifully! From the moment I stumbled upon their website I knew they were the photographers I wanted to take part in our wedding day. Julie’s attention to detail is absolutely amazing and I was always confident that with her eye our pictures would turn out perfectly. Todd was able to capture my husband and I and the stunning scenery surrounding us, just what we wanted for our Tamarack Resort wedding. Our engagement and wedding photos are ones we will cherish for the rest of our lives. We are so happy that we decided to work with Todd and Julie!

Sent on 08/20/2018
    Todd Nichols Photography 26
    Todd Nichols Photography 27
    Todd Nichols Photography 28

sarah · Married on 06/16/2018

Todd and Julie Nichols are a dynamic couple and an amazing team! Together they are fun, vibrant, and a joy to be around! I couldn’t be happier with our time spent with them, and most of all the gorgeous images they capture together. They are mesmerizing to look back on, and I feel the moments they captured all over again! Todd and Julie are personable and help you create the look you want. I would highly recommend these amazing people as your photographers!

Sent on 04/04/2018

Sarah lee · Married on 06/16/2018

Todd and Julie are an amazing dynamic team and super fun couple! Our experience with them on this crazy wedding journey has been phenomenal! Our photos are absolutely breathtaking! I'm so so happy we found them! I would highly recommend Todd Nichols photography! I was a skeptic about photographers! I was trying to save every penny I could and told my family to just take pictures but Todd and Julie's professionalism blew me out of the water! The pictures we got from them have no comparison and we wouldn't have been able to see those beautiful moments without them! Thank you so much Todd and Julie!

Sent on 06/25/2018

Cheyne · Married on 02/03/2018

These two are some of the best photographers I've ever worked with, and I work in the wedding / event industry. From start to finish they were amazing , professional and fun. Our photos came out better than we anticipated. Book them and you won't be sorry

Sent on 03/15/2018

Todd Nichols Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Cheyne and Gabriella! You were such a fun and easy to work with couple! We are so thankful we were there with you to capture these moments! Until we meet again...xoxo We love you guys! Julie + Todd

Alli · Married on 12/09/2017

Todd and Julie were amazing! They did both our engagement and our wedding day photos, and we couldn't be happier with how they turned out! Every single photo truly captured the happiness and love we feel for each other and the joy that surrounded us on our big day. They work so well as a team, and their professionalism is top notch. Not only are Todd and Julie incredibly talented, but they are also genuinely great people. They both went above and beyond, and made us feel so comfortable and special! We are so happy that we have all these beautiful photos to cherish forever and be able to show our future children and grandchildren. We and my family are forever grateful!

Sent on 01/07/2018

Marta · Married on 12/09/2017

Todd Nichols Photography took incredible photographs of my daughter's winter wedding! The photographs turned out absolutely breathtaking and captured the winter wonderland of McCall as well as capturing gorgeous indoor pictures. The photos captured the joy of the day and all of family photos with all the different family member combinations turned out so perfectly! Julie and Todd worked so well together to keep us on the time line and keep us all calm in the chaos of the wedding day. They were such a pleasure to work with before, during and after the wedding. Excellent photographers and genuinely good people!

Sent on 01/16/2018

LeAnn · Married on 10/14/2017

Todd and Julie did a wonderful job capture that love and magic of our day. We could not be happier about the investment we made in our pictures through Todd Nichols Photography. We have shared a few through social media and even people who were not at our wedding commented on how beautiful our wedding was! Thank you Todd and Julie for capturing our big day and being so wonderful to work with. We recommend this amazing team to friends, family and strangers!

Sent on 12/03/2017
    Todd Nichols Photography 29
    Todd Nichols Photography 30

Kelli · Married on 09/09/2017

Todd and Julie are so fantastic and professional. They really listened to what we wanted and captured our wedding day beyond our expectations. They do a great job getting to know you as a couple and the photos prove it. We are so glad we chose them to capture our day!

Sent on 10/08/2017

kenzie · Married on 08/19/2017

Todd and Julie were so great to work with! Julie was so thorough during our first phone consultation, asking things that I hadn’t thought of that were super important, and then she also put the timeline together for me which was incredibly helpful. She went above and beyond to make sure the photo times flowed smoothly, and answered questions I had promptly, leading up to the wedding. On the big day, Todd and Julie captured so many great spontaneous shots of us and friends and family from the ceremony and reception. The couples portrait was fun and the shots turned out sooo crazy beautiful! I am very grateful that I chose them for our photographers... and you will be too if you be sure to schedule them before they book up. They fill up quick, for good reason! :) Thanks again Todd and Julie! ❤️

Sent on 11/13/2017
    Todd Nichols Photography 31
    Todd Nichols Photography 32
    Todd Nichols Photography 33

tim · Married on 07/18/2017

I've been fortunate to play on the best Super bowl team of all time the 1985 Chicago Bears. What made "Da Bears" the best, was our commitment to excellence, to detail, and working as a team. These are the same qualities I've experienced working with Todd & Julie except they are a lot nicer and don't yell like Coach Ditka. Todd is a natural when it comes to having a creative eye behind the camera. I was blown away at the photos they took and I still look at them and say, "That's my ranch, how did they make it look that great?" Julie of course is the beauty, brains and coordination of the whole operation. They are a great team, incredibly professional and will come through for you on the biggest day of your lives with photos worthy of that day.

Sent on 07/22/2017

Marshell · Married on 04/29/2017

Todd and Julie Nichols are the most amazing and professional photographers out there! The wife and husband duo go above and beyond to make sure your wedding photographs come out beautiful. Every photo comes out unique, one of kind, and gorgeous. They take the time to look every detail and showcase the beautiful moments in on your wedding day. If you are also looking for engagement pictures as well, seek their services as well. My husband and I got endless amounts of compliments on our photos.

Sent on 05/15/2017

Todd Nichols Photography's reply:

Marshall, thank you so much for trusting us with your wedding day pictures! We are so blessed and happy we were able to share this time with you! We love you and your precious family! xoxo - Julie + Todd

Avis · Married on 03/04/2017

Todd and Julie were amazing to work with.  Right from the first meeting with them, they put us at ease and made us feel like our event was very important.  The day of our event was smooth and comfortable and Todd and Julie captured the pure joy of our special day!!

Sent on 04/14/2017

Todd Nichols Photography's reply:

Avis, we were so happy to be there for these super special moments with you and your family! Thank you so much for your kind words!! Hugs!

Barbara and Mike · Married on 02/26/2017

When our daughter, Rachel, was planning her wedding in McCall, Idaho, we were given a list of Vendors recommended by McCall Lodge. From that list, we only contacted one photographer, Todd Nichols. When we looked at his website, we were blown away. We kept telling Rachel that the photographer is the most important person at a wedding (except the Bride and Groom of course). We did not have to look any further. Also, we were working with Shannon from McCall Weddings and she said that we had picked the best. Todd and Julie called us and we had a great conversation about what our family was like and what kind of wedding we were planning. Rachel and Alex wanted a winter wedding (they live in San Antonio, Texas). They got exactly what they wanted. It was a winter wonderland and that is what was captured through the photographs taken by Todd and Julie. They are magical and really convey the feelings of the day. They even came to see us the day after the wedding just to say goodbye. We all connected well with them and we could not be happier. We would recommend them 100 percent. You will not be disappointed. If you live in Idaho or anywhere else, Todd and Julie are the photographers for you. They worked with us from afar and everything was perfection. Thank you, Todd and Julie, for your superb work, creating memories to last many lifetimes.

Sent on 04/20/2017

Becky · event on 09/12/2016

Outstanding!! We are so looking forward to the wedding photos in July 2017.

Sent on 05/28/2017

Todd Nichols Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this review Becky! We are looking forward to it also! Counting the days!