Toast & Jam Reviews

Toast & Jam 4
Toast & Jam 5
  • Chelle

Chelle · Married on 08/24/2013

I literally don't have a single negative thing to say about Toast and Jam. Kate and Rachel were amazing and super responsive during our wedding planning process. They were so enthusiastic and seemed like they really cared about our wedding and totally listened to us when we discussed our musical likes and hates. We basically let them run wild with their own musical choices and it was nothing short of amazing.

We used Toast and Jam for our ceremony music as well and they were awesome, even threw in a few extra minutes "on the house" for us so that we could have a little bit of pre-ceremony music as our guests grabbed their seats.

Our wedding went off without a hitch, Kate & Rachel rocked our dance floor, and they were extremely reasonably priced for what amazing and professional DJs they are!

Sent on 09/15/2013

Denise · Married on 08/17/2013

LOVED T&J!! We had the fabulous DJ Kristin Marks working with us and she couldn't have done a better job. We loved that T&J had the perfect "stale" aka Do Not Play list to match our tastes (basically none of your typical cheesy wedding staples). We didn't have too many must plays, so Kristin worked all of them in at some point during the evening, including a few songs I was able to email her since she didn't have them, and it made me sooo happy!! I swear the only time there wasn't anyone on the dance floor was when she played one of our must play songs (and then it was me and my husband rocking out solo). Our weird musical choices aside, she kept everyone on the dance floor!

Kristin was really professional and on top of everything; she worked our ceremony as well and worked with the videographers to share mics, she made sure all the other vendors knew when special things would be announced during the reception so that they could be in position to get pictures/video, and she lined everyone up for our entrance as well. The best part of the night was the fact that she looked like she was having just a good a time as the other guests; it looked like we had a real club dj who really loved the music that was playing!

Hiring T&J was definitely one of the best decisions we made for our wedding!

Sent on 09/08/2013

Elizabeth · event on: 08/15/2013

I hired Toast & Jam to deejay the opening party for a restaurant in Downtown Chicago called Vapiano. Throughout the entire process, T&J was extremely responsive, professional and easy to work with. They promptly provided me with a quote and made the contracting process incredibly simple. DJ Kate was really flexible with my busy schedule - we were able to have a phone meeting late in the evening to discuss my vision for the party. The night of the event she arrived early, loaded in and set up her equipment without any fuss and then totally rocked the party! She coached our execs about how to speak into the mic when it was time for their speeches and she played music everyone loved. I had no expectations for a dance floor at this event - Thursday night in the middle of the loop is not most people's idea of a rager, but Kate made it happen. People were dancing, even our execs who were visiting from Europe and South America, until well past midnight. I'd hired Toast & Jam again in a second.

Sent on 09/13/2013
  • april

april · Married on 07/27/2013

Katie was awesome to work with! She is a great DJ and we highly recommend Toast and Jam for your wedding! The song lists that are provided along with the "Do Not Play" list of stale music really attracted us to Toast and Jam. We were paired up with Katie and we met via IChat since we are out of state. The entire process was a breeze. Katie was easy to get in touch with and responded to our questions promptly. We worked with her to create a very unique musical backdrop to our wedding including a cocktail hour, dinner, and of course, dancing! Katie was so much fun and very professional. All of our wedding guests loved the music and said it was the best wedding they have ever been to. Great DJ!

Sent on 10/13/2013
  • F

Faith · Married on 06/29/2013

We’ve all been to weddings with bad DJs. DJs who play terrible music like the Hokey Pokey and the Chicken Dance. DJs who make bad jokes. We didn’t want that kind of DJ for our wedding. We wanted someone with a chill vibe that would play a good variety of music and wouldn’t be on the microphone all night.

We talked to DJs from two different companies and it was a no brainer when we decided to go with Natalie Clark from Toast & Jam. We loved everything about Toast & Jam, from their cute office space in Wicker Park to their stance on “stale” wedding music like the Electric Slide. Plus, Natalie was so knowledgeable, had a bunch of great suggestions, and, on top of it all, she’s just a super chill, fun gal.

We got some many compliments on our music, from my 19 year old niece to my 60 year old uncle. Natalie was able to incorporate so many different kinds of music, ranging from the Carpenters for my dad, Rat Pack era favorites (I love Sinatra) and top 40s hits for the younger folks.

I would definitely recommend Natalie Clark from Toast & Jam to any brides who want to keep their dance floor packed all night.

Sent on 09/08/2013

Nicole · Married on 06/22/2013

Why can't I give DJ Karin 6 or 7 stars? This is an instance where 5 isn't enough. Toast & Jam is the DJ business that you wish everyone used for their weddings. You've gone to those weddings where you are having fun with your table and you're just itching for the DJ's set to start so you can grab your cute date or your cute table-mate and hit the dance floor. But the music starts off with some horrible song that no one knows and it slowly gets worse from there. T&J is NOT that group. Karin is NOT that DJ. We are convinced that Karin is a music genie.

First off we got lucky. We were able to reach out to T&J and got set up with Karin right away. I have heard of other couples who were on a waiting list for a week or two before their wedding date became available. But they knew of the T&J magic and were willing to wait. Once we got hooked up with Karin life got easier. Ahead of time she provided us with an amazingly comprehensive list of music to help us give her a clue as to what our guests would like on the day of. Using just that and her DJ intuition she worked her music magic. Subsequently, our dance floor was sardine packed from the first song till the last. People only stopped to rehydrate from the bar or kick off shoes and grab flip flops. People danced who don't dance and even my sweet Mom had to stop someone mid-sentence to say "hold that thought; this is my JAM!"

Karin even helped us with our processional and recessional songs. This is really what set her well above the bar in our book. My husband and I liked a specific classical song for our entrance. The song builds up to a crescendo and at that peek moment we wanted the doors to open and I would walk in. Well the build up of the song wasn't long enough for all 6 couples to walk in before me. So what did Karin do? She looped the first few stanzas of music enough times to give us an additional 2 minutes on the song to allow all 6 couples to walk down the aisle. Who does that? Karin

Sent on 07/19/2013

Sarah · Married on 06/01/2013

Rebecca was perfect. She did the ceremony, cocktail, and reception music for our wedding, and it was seamless from start to finish. Our guests of all ages had a great time dancing, and she worked with our coordinator to get the timing perfect for the cake cutting, first dance, etc. Upshot: we didn't worry about a thing. Thanks, Rebecca!!

Sent on 06/10/2013

Dance floor was packed all night long. No terrible tunes were played. They helped the evening stay on schedule & were so professional and easy to work with. I've referred countless soon-to-be-married friends to them and had great reviews from guests even months later. Thanks for making our day that much more fun! It's a no-brainer to book T&J (unless you like terrible wedding music and enjoy not having fun).

Lauren · Married on 05/18/2013

Emily was our DJ for the evening and she did a fantastic job. She was great to work with and willing to accomodate any special requests that we had. She was very organized and help coordinate with other vendors on the day of the event. I would highly recommend her to anyone in need of this type of service.

Sent on 11/14/2013

Lindsey · Married on 04/13/2013

We absolutely loved working with Toast and Jam! Our DJ, Natalie, totally understood us and how goofy we are :) We switched into a surprise choreographed dance for our first dance and she was totally on board and kept it a secret from everyone! My sister planned a flash mob, and again, Natalie kept it from us - lots of surprises! We loved working with Natalie and Toast and Jam! I would HIGHLY recommend them!!

Sent on 05/19/2013

Laura · Married on 04/13/2013

A big thank you to Karin and Toast & Jam for making our wedding reception so much fun and for making the planning process so easy! Karin did a phenomenal job with our specific/vague requests--like, "Play x song, but whenever you think it would be best." Beyond that, we didn't give her much direction, but she managed to capture our wide-range of taste in music from the cocktail hour to dinner and through the last dance. We didn't want to leave the dance floor the entire night, and we didn't have to because ALL of our guests joined us out there. Thank you, Karin...it was a joy to have you as part of our big day!

Sent on 07/14/2013
  • User3193108 · 2+ years ago

Carrie Weston at Toast & Jam did a fantastic, unbelievable, amazing job at our wedding. THANK YOU. I can't count how many compliments we got on the music. The night truly exceeded our expectations. I saw so, so many people on the dance floor who never, ever dance. One of my cousins even said "I think we just set a world record for number of family on the dance floor" (my family is not known for their dancing)! Carrie really understood what we wanted and delivered 1000%

Sent on 04/12/2013

Toast and Jam did an amazing job of not only executing the music for the ceremony and reception, but were amazing at reading the dance floor and guest needs to keep the party going! They offered a wonderful selection, made sure that all of our special requests (some quite obscure) were taken care of, and provided great guidance on getting a play list going. It was great to not have to rely on corny/cliché "games" or activities to keep the party going...just great music!

Sent on 04/28/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 03/16/2013

Toast and Jam was easily one of our very best vendors.

Emily A. was our DJ and she did a fantastic job! To start, my husband's work schedule made week day meetings a bit hard to schedule. This was never a problem for Emily. She was able to accommodate our schedule easily each time we met. On top of that, I don't think I ever had to wait more than a few hours for an email response from her if I ever had questions.

Next, our wedding day went completely smoothly thanks to Emily. She made announcements when they needed to be made, easily worked through last minute changes and was even excited when a Groomsman paid extra to have her stay till 12:30am!

We keep receiving compliments on our DJ and how fun the dance floor was. I would definitely recommend Emily A. and Toast & Jam. I can honestly say they were one of our very best vendors!

Sent on 04/11/2013

I cannot say enough good things about our DJ experience for our wedding. Toast & Jam was the only DJ we met with and it's because they are that amazing. My sister recommended them to me because her friend used them at her own wedding, and it is made up of a group of female DJs who ONLY play awesome music and NO stale music. I loathe weddings that play the "chicken dance", "electric slide", "Mambo No. 5" and all of the other horrible music that is lame, even at a wedding. We wanted a non-stop dance party blending oldies with new jams. And we got just that. We worked with Erica S. (we were her last wedding with the company) and she was absolutely a joy to work with. She completely got us and the music we were looking for. I NEVER had to worry about the song choices and she played the exact song choices we were hoping for. Everyone kept raving about the music and the dance floor was packed all night long. I couldn't have asked for a better DJ and I loved that she made the wedding what it was.

Sent on 03/26/2013

C · Married on 01/26/2013

We had Ruby from Toast & Jam, and she made our wedding amazing! The dance floor was packed all night long. She accurately read the crowd (when there were older people there, when people were getting tired, etc.) and kept the party going! She was also good at dealing with our parameters of music- we didn't want anything with foul language and my husband hates R&B, so she played a whole night without a problem. The cocktail and dinner music was also great- people came up to me commenting on that! She also coordinated all of the speeches, etc. I would definitely book with Toast & Jam again, and would highly reccomend them- they are such an incredible value for their price!

Sent on 02/04/2013

Sarah · Married on 01/26/2013

Extremely professional and fun, DJ Dustin created the perfect dance party for everyone int he room. When my Dad requested a few more "oldies before the werid stuff starts" Dustin immediately played 3 songs on the list I had noted as "Dad's Fav". The best part was, he looked like he was a having a good time too!

The entire experience with Toast & Jam was easy and they are an incredible value!

Highly, highly recommend for any event!

Sent on 02/15/2013

Dena from Toast and Jam DJs was AMAZING!! She was amazing to work with all year - super friendly, responsive, professional and trustworthy. Like most couples, we were really concerned with the playlist for our wedding - we wanted all our must-play songs to be heard, while still making sure an eclectic guest list could enjoy all their favorites. Dena made sure to take our favorites in mind, while ensuring that we would be flexible enough to give her control during the event. We did... and virtually, all 200 people were dancing the entire night! That was our goal and we are still receiving comments about how great the music was and how everyone had such a great time. Highly recommend Toast and Jam.

Sent on 11/28/2012

Angie · Married on 10/19/2012

These guys (or gals, I should say) are awesome! All of the music was perfect and we received many compliments that it was the best music ever played at a wedding!

Sent on 11/02/2012

Michelle · Married on 10/12/2012

Toast & Jam is awesome! Professional yet friendly. Very easygoing and open, with the goal of making your event exactly what you want. They can also help you with planning the timeline for the day. Karin was great, and I would highly recommend T&J for anyone who wants to have a super-fun event! :)

Patrick · Married on 10/06/2012

Toast & Jam is hands down the best you can get for a DJ in the city. Mary rocked at our wedding last year. I've never seen an event in which the dance floor was always going - no boring songs. Also, they're very reasonably priced and, honestly, I'd pay well more for their services and it'd still be worth every penny.

Hillary · Married on 09/28/2012

I found a toast and jam add in a popular Chicago newspaper and thought the name was cool, so without reading any reviews or even googling the business, i made an appointment. We met with Rachel, she was nothing less then amazing. so organized, so professional, great personality and great attitude with every interaction (email, meetings, phone calls) - always got back to me same day if i had a question, never made me feel like i was asking stupid questions. i could tell her heart was 101% in this wedding, just as mine was. The price was higher then i wanted to spend on a DJ, but once i met her, i couldn't imagine anything else on my big day. DJs kind of set the tone for the wedding, she made me an outline of the day and set my mind at such ease. I love this company and will tell everyone how amazing it was for years to come!

Sent on 11/02/2012
  • Mai

Mai · Married on 09/22/2012

DJ Emily from Toast & Jam did a spectacular job communicating with us as we planned our ceremony & reception at the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum on Sept. 22, 2012 and the day-of went without a hiccup. We exchanged emails, had several phone calls and a Skype chat before the wedding (we live in NYC), and she answered all of our questions plus followed up with detail meetings notes via email. She created solutions for our ceremony microphone setup and showed patience & professional throughout the process.

Our guests zoomed to the dance floor as soon as they could and it stayed packed all night. She respected our song requests and added in her own special sauce to keep the party going. We had epic dance-offs to "Gangnam Style" and "Hot Cheetos & Takis" and so many guests told us how much fun they had at the wedding. DJ Emily helped us stay on track during the reception with dances, speeches and toasts and did it all while being super helpful and fun.

Sent on 10/15/2012
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 09/14/2012

Toast & Jam turned our wedding into an all-out dance party! They were fantastic to work with, affordable and FUN FUN FUN. Everyone had a great time. Can't thank Toast & Jam enough. Do yourself a favor, hire them for your wedding.

Sent on 10/01/2012

Clara · Married on 09/08/2012

MY HUSBAND AND I LOVED TOAST & JAM! We'd definitely recommend them to anyone and everyone! Kristen Marks was our DJ and she not only rocked our wedding but also the entire prepping process. When you are planning your wedding, you know how frustrating it is to work with unprofessional vendors who just never get back to you. But Kristin and Toast & Jam were nothing but professional AND fun!

We ended up asking Kristin to stay for an extra 1.5 hrs because our guests absolutely loved her and people literally couldn't stop dancing. We also have friends who were guests at our wedding that ended up hiring Toast & Jam for their own wedding. Thank you again for making our wedding reception so awesome & memorable.