Toast & Jam Reviews

Toast & Jam 2
Toast & Jam 3
Toast & Jam 4
Toast & Jam 5

Kristin Marks was the best wedding DJ we have ever seen! Our guests could not stop raving about how adorable, fun and energetic she was; the dance floor was filled the whole night. She was even dancing a ton behind the DJ booth! She listened to us really well on the types of music we like which can seem like a mish mosh of different genres, but she fit all of our favorites in at different parts of the wedding when it fit best. She was perfect at emceeing the event too - she helped the day flow properly, and none of the hokey, cheesiness you can get from some DJs. She really was a big part of making our big day so perfect, amazing and fun!

Sent on 02/07/2015

Ashley · Married on 09/21/2014

Alicia was our DJ for our reception at Greenhouse Loft and we couldn't have asked for a better DJ! She was awesome to work with and she help provide a great atmosphere the whole evening for everyone. We received a lot of compliments on the DJ and music!

Sent on 10/18/2014
  • User3320205 · 2+ years ago

DJ Rebecca and Toast & Jam DJs were amazing! From the first meeting my husband and I knew DJ Rebecca was the perfect fit for our wedding. She understood our music interests right away. We loved filling out the music form leading up to the wedding. Our guests raved about the music - everyone wanted to set list and said it was their favorite part! Everyone hit the dance floor, including our grandparents (in their 80s!). We would very highly recommend Toast & Jam!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Joy · Married on 09/12/2014

We had Angie Ma for our DJ at our wedding. She was great! Very easy to work with and responsive to our questions. We really enjoyed the music at the wedding and so did our guests!

Sent on 10/02/2014
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 08/31/2014

I cannot write enough wonderful things about Toast & Jam. This was some of the best money spent on our big event. From the very beginning our DJ, Emily, was so on top of everything. She was actually giving me recommendations for timelines, songs, etc. The process was easy, clear, and she was super flexible and easy to work with at the event.

Most importantly, her talent really made the night. The dance floor was packed until the absolute last song of the night. Many of our guests complimented the way she read the crowd, and played songs that all of our guests could enjoy.

Toast & Jam was worth every penny!!

Sent on 09/08/2014

Kristin marks of toast and made my wedding. As soon as the light dinner music started my wedding party said they wanted to steal her playlist. She had everyone of the dance floor, from my college friends to my parents friends and even grandparents. She was def. The best vendor I chose. My other friend used them for a wedding so whoever you get you will be happy with. I would recommend asking for Kristin marks. She was awesome! She danced at her booth the whole time!

Sent on 08/03/2014

Nicole · Married on 07/12/2014

DJ Emily rocked our wedding!!! My husband and I are very very picky about music. Our family and friends love to dance... and are also very picky about music. Emily made sure that we--and all our guests--were happy and dancing from start to finish! She was wonderful with planning, even though we were planning our wedding from across the country. The company was professional overall, their gear sounded great, and Emily jam-packed our cocktail hour and reception with all the tunes we hoped to hear. A toast to Toast and Jam!!!

Sent on 01/13/2015

Amie · Married on 07/04/2014

Our DJ was Angie. We thoroughly enjoyed working with her, every step of the way. She was flexible and made sure her service was tailored to our wishes. She did a great job of asking the right questions to really get a feel of our music tastes. Our reception went late, until 1:00am, and some of our guests got a little tired after midnight. When the dance floor began to cool down, she knew just what to play to get everyone back out there again. The only issue for the whole night was a blown speaker at the beginning of the ceremony. It was in no way Angie's fault. The only reason it is worth noting is to show her professionalism in dealing with this issue. The problem was fixed in a flash and the rest of the ceremony went off without a hitch. After, she made sure to personally apologize to both of us. We were very impressed with Angie, from beginning to end.

Sent on 07/27/2014

Leah · Married on 06/27/2014

Rachel was by far the best DJ I have ever met and she was amazing at our wedding. Rachel was not only a DJ she helped coordinate the whole night by staying on top of time and when each dance, toast, and dinner needed to be completed. Toast and Jam was flexible and worked with me as I was planning a wedding out of state. Rachel played every song we wanted and the dance floor was packed all night! I continue to have friends and family telling me that it was the best wedding they have ever been to and that it had to be a record of how many people on the dance floor at one time! We are so happy that toast and jam were able to DJ our wedding and we will refer them to everyone!

Sent on 07/17/2014

Holly · Married on 06/21/2014

Our DJ was Carrie G from Toast and Jam. She did an awesome job!!!!! I have gotten so many compliments on the music and how much fun everyone had dancing and that they didn't want the party to end. The dance floor was packed the entire night and not a single favorite song went unplayed.

I'm so glad that I went with T&J as one of the first vendors I booked; they turned out to be one of the best parts of the day! If you want to have the best wedding reception EVER go with Toast and Jam!

Sent on 06/25/2014

Katie · Married on 06/21/2014

We had Angie, and absolutely loved her! My husband and I had been to two Toast & Jam weddings (with different DJs) before we got engaged, and we were both amazed at the wide range of music, and the number of people on the dance floor until the very end. When it came time for our wedding, we knew who to call.

We live out of state, so we did all our meetings with Angie on Skype. At our first meeting, we went through the reception and talked about suggestions for each item (entrances, cake-cutting, first dance). We also went through a multi-page list of songs and talked about what genres we like, what would be best for the cocktail hour versus reception, etc. We had another meeting closer to the wedding and went through everything one more time. Angie was patient and answered all our questions, and offered us advice on reception-timeline things that we were unsure about. She really listened to what we were looking for.

The reception was seamless. Angie worked with our venue coordinator to figure out the timing of everything, and she really read the crowd. She started out with music that spanned generations (Madonna, Bon Jovi, Queen). Our parents’ friends loved the music, and kept telling our parents afterward how much fun they had dancing.

As it got later, we had mostly younger guests on the dance floor, and Angie switched up the music a little bit. Our friends were amazed- they kept saying, “I’ve never been to a wedding with music like this! I can’t believe you’re playing the Mighty Mighty Bosstones!”

There were people on the dance floor for literally the entire reception, until the very end. My parents couldn’t believe it- they had never been to a wedding like that before. We ended the night with a big circle around the dance floor, belting out Piano Man. Perfect ending!

Angie is SO friendly and was a pleasure to work with! We would highly, highly recommend her. She is someone we would absolutely want to be friends with if we lived in the same city!

Sent on 09/28/2014

Amanda · Married on 06/13/2014

Caitlin is the woman! My husband and I originally were not going to get a DJ and just play our phones which would have been a terrible mistake. Not only did Caitlin use a mix of beat matching and pitch alterations to make sure there was a steady flow, she did an amazing job of sensing when the crowd wasn't feeling a song out and moving out.

In addition to being ridiculously refreshing as both a female and normal person (no offense to the male cheeseballs that are usually DJ's) she made us think about things we never would have considered, like who would make the blessing, when we'd cut the cake and make speeches, and when to put the sunset pictures and late night buffet so as to not disturb the dance party.

I would absolutely recommend these ladies (and gentleman) as a refreshing and awesome source of entertainment.

A little on the pricy side, but worth every penny and we know now why!

Sent on 06/23/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 06/06/2014

We were really worried about finding a DJ. A friend recommend Toast & Jam. Starting with our first appointment with Kate, our DJ, we felt at ease and knew they were the right choice. They have a great system to help you tailor your music choices. Plus they have a do not play list to remove all the cheesy things. We had two meeting with Kate to work out all the details for the wedding. Day of Kate was there on time and ready to go. She had the speaker set up outside for the cocktail hour and organize us to walk in to the reception. She had a great plan to break up the toasts, cake cutting, first dances that made it very smooth. She kept people dancing on the floor all night. They are well worth the price for the professionalism, talent, and experience.

Sent on 06/08/2014
  • kate

kate · Married on 05/18/2014

Phenomenal. Our DJ Kristin Marks did an amazing job and was so easy to work with, the company even provided me with her cell for some last minute edits and questions, she was very high energy and knew how to read the crowd well, we couldn't have asked for anything better she made the night so fun!

Sent on 05/27/2014

leah · Married on 05/17/2014

OMG Dj Carrie was amazing! Everyone told me it was the most fun and most they have every danced at a wedding! Every single song was exactly what we wanted! Toast and Jam you guys are the best!!

Sent on 05/26/2014

Alissa · Married on 05/10/2014

Jennefa was amazing! She kept the day running smoothly, played fantastic songs all night and kept everyone dancing. She was fantastic!!

Sent on 10/07/2014

Toast & Jam made my wedding the most fun place to be in Chicago that night! I was so happy with the songs they played and the fluidity between each song. This company is so awesome.

Sent on 05/20/2014

Annie · Married on 11/02/2013

Toast and Jam have great reviews for a reason. They are absolutely amazing. Kate Porter was our DJ and she was brilliant. We booked Toast and Jam about a year and a half before the wedding date, and they were in touch with us right away, and then again closer to the actual wedding date. They can accommodate pretty much any style, and we loved their policy of no cheese unless otherwise specified (i.e. no chicken dance, no electric slide, etc.). For instance, we had a lot of variety in the music, ranging from "Shoop" to "Galway Girl" and Kate easily transitioned between styles. We even had some traditional Greek dancing included for my rather large Greek family.

Sent on 11/08/2013

Sarah · Married on 10/11/2013

We couldn't be happier with Ruby and the job she did at our wedding! It was important to us that everyone had a great time dancing without any of those cheesy wedding songs...the dance floor was full and we had such a great time! I would not hesitate for a second to recommend T&J to a friend!

Sent on 11/12/2013

Marisa · Married on 10/05/2013

Our DJ, Angie, was amazing. She listened to the tone we wanted for cocktails, dinner, dancing, etc and ran with it. She really worked off the crowd and kept the dance floor packed the entire night. LOVE LOVE LOVE her and Toast and Jam. They were great to work with from day one.

Sent on 10/15/2013

Melissa · Married on 10/05/2013

Carrie Grucz was amazing! The dance floor was packed the whole night. The pre-ceremony and cocktail hour music was perfect. She did an amazing job and helped make our wedding a night to remember.

Sent on 10/16/2013

Jennifer · Married on 10/05/2013

After the realization we could not afford a band for our wedding I went on the DJ hunt. From the moment we checked out Toast and Jam's website I knew we had found a winner. They were exactly the quirky, fun, affordable, and "not your average wedding DJ" I was looking for. We were paired with Katie LaBombard and have never looked back since. Katie is amazing, fabulous, wonderful, and any other positive adjective you can think of. Through the entire process she help lead us toward decisions to be made, gave great song suggestions, listened to what our vision for our reception was, and is just plain fun! Katie helped keep the reception on time (speeches, special dances, etc.) and the dance floor was rockin' all night long. The night was EPIC :) Stong work Katie!

Sent on 11/02/2013

Kristi · Married on 10/04/2013

Our DJ was Kate Porter, and she was fantastic!! We just told her the entrance songs and first dance songs and left it up to her to do the rest and our dance floor was packed the entire night! She even did some dancing herself while DJ'ing. I highly recommend her or any Toast & Jam DJ!

Sent on 10/22/2013

3 things you want from a DJ:

1) Play to the crowd
    2) Seamless music
    3) Packed dancefloor.

I cannot come up with one more thing to say about T&J other than they mastered what they do. We were lucky enough to get Kristin and she is amazing! She is the sweetest person on top of being an amazing DJ. She found a way to get Britney and N*Sync into my wedding and never have one person leave the dance floor.

Amazing!

Sent on 10/24/2013

Jessica · Married on 09/13/2013

DJ Rebecca was amazing. Rebecca took the time to get to know us and our taste in music, and even met with us via Skype, as I go to school in Champaign-Urbana. She translated what we talked about into an amazing night. Also, she made sure everything was running on time during our DIY wedding, all while spinning some amazing music--everyone was on the dance floor. Two weeks later, we are still getting compliments on the music. We cannot thank Rebecca enough!

Sent on 09/25/2013