Toast & Jam Reviews

Toast & Jam 5
Toast & Jam 6
Toast & Jam 7

meghan · Married on 07/25/2015

I am so glad we hired Toast & Jam! Katie L. was our DJ and I can't say enough good things about her. Every person we've spoken to since our wedding has mentioned how great our DJ was. She was professional and on top of every detail. If she was unsure of how we wanted something to be done she made sure to ask us - so thoughtful and kind!
    Katie also did our ceremony music and made sure we had a mic for our readings and reverend. She did a great job with the ceremony music and quickly transitioned into playing music for our cocktail hour in the tent next to the ceremony site. She was a pleasure to work with and I'd be quick to recommend her and Toast & Jam to anyone I knew getting married!

Sent on 08/09/2015

Jaime · Married on 07/25/2015

we had rebecca - she was awesome. all of our must plays were hit on and the party kept going into the final hours of the wedding. overall we were very happy with the service!

Sent on 08/14/2015

amy · Married on 07/25/2015

We loved working with Toast and Jam for our July wedding. It was a nice surprise to find out that we were placed with a DJ combo of Rachel and Kate. They were both great! We aligned with them from the beginning, especially as they supported my husbands love of reggae and our reggae happy hour. We didn't think we'd find someone that liked it as much as him. The planning process and prep was a breeze, and our wedding was even better. I honestly didn't think either of our families would dance, and to my surprise, the floor was packed the entire reception. Rachel and Kate picked out great songs, kept a great flow, and had all guess singing along. They stayed within our request of genres we'd love to hear and our do not play list. Plus they were a pleasure to work with. We highly recommend them, and can't thank them enough for making the day so great.

Sent on 09/12/2015

Jacob · Married on 07/25/2015

I'll just copy and paste the e-mail I sent to Mary at Toast & Jam after DJ'ing our wedding. Nothing says it more clearly than that:

"I am literally almost a month late in replying to you, and for that I apologize. I just wanted to say that in the last month, I have received such insanely great feedback about how outrageously fun our wedding was. I’ve had like more than ten couples tell me that our wedding was way more fun than any they’d been to in the past (their own included) and that the music was easily out of reach better than any event period. Everybody was just amazed and I, myself, have never seen that many people dance for that duration of time at a wedding ever. You are a gem and you’re the best at what you do. Thank YOU for making our special day what it was. From beginning to end, you were exactly what we were looking for (and more! You are the one who helped us form our itinerary for the night! My caterer thanks you!) And I’m glad you enjoyed the cover-stylings of Miss Jackie Beat. I told Matt that if we’re going to get gay-married, we’re going to get GAY MARRIED. Drag Queens and all. All things said, I’d say it was a pretty gay wedding, non? ;)

Thanks again, Mary. I’ve got your name on the ready anytime I hear about ANYBODY who mentions the wedding or getting married or even going on two really good dates. “Oh? Two dates? Serious! Here’s the number to the amazing DJ we used for our wedding.”

-Jacob Mitchell"

Sent on 10/09/2015

We looked into Toast & Jam based on recommendations from our venue, and T&J did not disappoint. Kate was our DJ, and from the first meeting to the end of our wedding reception she was a blast to work with. We received so many compliments on the music, and people were dancing all night! I'd highly recommend T&J.

Sent on 12/15/2015

Derek · Married on 07/03/2015

Rachel DJed our wedding at Salvage One on 7/3/2015 and it was obviously not her first rodeo. She's a pro and a badass. I'm not sure I can say anything more here that hasn't already been said. She was super easy to work with, the dance floor was packed all night, we received a ton of compliments, etc. I want Rachel to DJ every waking moment of my life.

Sent on 08/22/2015

Our planner recommended Toast & Jam and after reading all of their 5 star reviews we felt confident going with Kate. She did an amazing job, multiple people said she was the best wedding DJ they had ever experienced, my father in law loved her so much that he threw an extra tip her way at the end of the night. She kept the dance floor packed the whole night, played a good mix of current hits and our older favorites, and didn't do anything cheesy (love Toast & Jam's do not play list - no chicken dance for me!). I would definitely hire her again, you know, if I had another huge party to throw ;)

Sent on 07/16/2015

Sarah · Married on 06/06/2015

Tabitha was my DJ and she was excellent! I would definitely recommend Toast and Jam.

Sent on 11/07/2015

Denise · Married on 05/30/2015

Rebecca from Toast & Jam was AMAZING!! I let my (now) hubs handle everything music related and he found Toast & Jam through our venue (Heritage Prairie Farms) preferred vendor list and I am SO GLAD he did!! During our initial meeting we got to give her a feel for our music preferences and day of schedule and she was extremely helpful and SO not judgmental about our odd and varied choice in music. She offered really great insight on songs that would help meet our wants and even provided a huge list for us to sort through and mark with comments. She took playlists we created to get a better feel for our music preference and brought her turn tables so that our first dance could be played off an album that we own. She did an amazing job keeping people out on the dance floor all night with a wide range of songs and styles and we received lots of compliments on the music we choose...but really, it was ALL REBECCA!! Thanks, T&J :D

Sent on 06/01/2015

We used Toast and Jam DJs for our wedding ceremony and reception music. Jennefa was an awesome DJ that has great taste in music. One of our guests commented that we picked out a great selection of songs for the dinner reception and when I told him that the DJ picked out all the songs for the dinner he was impressed. Throughout the night, Jennefa was very thoughtful checking in with us to make sure we have everything we needed from her. All the guests (ages 2 to up to 75 years old) had a great time dancing to the variety of music at the reception. I would highly recommend Toast and Jam DJs. They are the best wedding DJs in the Chicagoland area.

Sent on 06/04/2015

Melissa · Married on 05/16/2015

I can't say enough good things about Toast and Jam DJs. They made our wedding day absolutely perfect. I heard about them when I made a facebook post asking for recommendations for wedding DJs, and an overwhelming majority of people recommended them! They were wonderful to work with - extremely professional but also fun and awesome at what they do! I loved that their specialty was weddings, so I knew they would be experts at MCing the evening, and they were. I have been to way too many weddings with bad DJs to trust my wedding to just anyone, and I'm glad I chose Toast and Jam! Kate and Rachel were amazing - we told them a little bit about our style of music and our vision for the music at our wedding, and after we gave them a few "must plays" and a few "do not plays", they were able to put together a perfect list of songs. We got MANY compliments on the DJs and our guests are still talking about how amazing they were 2 weeks after our wedding!!! I would HIGHLY recommend Toast and Jam. Very professional and 100% AWESOME!!!

Sent on 05/31/2015

Sarah · Married on 05/02/2015

I love love loved my DJs Rachel and Kate. I met with them twice before the wedding. They played a great selection of music, and were really good at reading the crowd and seeing what they responded to the best. I danced to every single song at my wedding because each new one that came on I loved. They did a fantastic job

Sent on 05/03/2015

Emily · Married on 04/04/2015

Kate played exactly what we liked with appropriate volumes and fades. Great job!!

Sent on 08/25/2015

Lucie · Married on 03/28/2015

Dustin was the DJ for our 50 guest wedding. From the first time we met him we knew he was going to be great. He was so open to all of our suggestions and where we needed guidance he was always willing to help us out. He made our reception, without him it wouldn't have been half as wonderful as it was! I can't recommend Toast and Jam enough!

Sent on 04/01/2015

Tabitha was our DJ for our 100 person wedding at Cafe Brauer and I think I can sum up the night with the statement that nearly every guest said they have never danced so much and people were sweating on the dance floor at our January 2nd wedding. Tabitha succeeded in getting even my uncle, who prides himself on NOT dancing, on the dance floor. She had an excellent mixing style with a very eclectic music taste ranging from big band to classic rock to indie to pop music. Everything from a spontaneous conga line to a dance off with people on the floor occurred. If dancing and music is important to you on your wedding day, Toast and Jam is the only option for you!

Sent on 01/19/2015

Ruby was our DJ and she was fantastic. She played most if not all of our must-plays and she kept everything moving splendidly. She was great to work with and very gracious and adaptable when we changed the plan on her last minute. Would definitely recommend.

Sent on 12/22/2014

Amanda · Married on 11/15/2014

Rachel MADE our reception! She knew exactly how keep people moving the entire night - the dance floor was packed from start to finish. After the last song guests were chanting for more! Thanks so much for being such a fun part of our special night!

Sent on 12/07/2013

Daniel · Married on 11/08/2014

We loved Toast & Jam and Daniel Musisi. We checked out Toast & Jam after Daniel was recommended to us by some friends. From what I could tell checking out DJs, they're a little on the pricier side, but we don't have any complaints after the service they delivered. They allowed us to pay with a credit card and they're insured. Both good things from a planning perspective.

The logistics were pretty straightforward. Daniel met with us once near the beginning and once near the end of the process. The first meeting we talked about what we wanted and went over a list of modern and classic songs that he uses to help build a playlist and allow us to specify anything we truly loved or hated. The last meeting we nailed down the details for stuff like the schedule, special dances, etc. When we figured out we were going to need a wireless mic, he didn't hesitate to assure us that he had it covered. The rest of the time he was available by email and always very prompt to respond.

For the day of, Daniel was there early and worked with our day-of wedding coordinator for the most part. We asked them to put the emphasis on getting started early and keeping the dance floor full, which worked out for the most part. We got started a little later than we wanted (~30 mins) but our dance floor was going pretty strong the entire night. The music was a good mix of older classics (Brown Eyed Girl, Shout), stuff we requested (The Darkness, Wagon Wheel) and more modern stuff (Shake It Off, Everytime We Touch). Daniel took a few requests from the guests where it made sense. Several of our friends were complimentary about Daniel specifically.

For the intangibles, working with T&J, and Daniel just made things easier for us, which is huge when you're tired from work, spending months trying to plan a wedding, and vendors often just don't seem to making your life easier. Not only did Daniel do a great job, his personality helped to keep us energetic and positive.

Highly recommended!

Sent on 01/11/2015

Tracy · Married on 11/08/2014

Toast and Jam is amazing. We knew we wanted a DJ and when my husband and I met Dustin at an Indie Wed event, we knew it was the DJ company for our wedding. Rebecca was our DJ and she was so wonderful to work with. She was open and supportive of our less-conventional music choices, which was a great sign that we were not only on the same page but that we would have a great night of dancing. We clicked immediately during our first meeting and were so excited to have her at our wedding. We received many compliments on the music and the dance floor was hopping all night. I keep trying to think of other events where we can hire them to DJ for us again!

On another note, many of our other vendors would refer to our DJ as "he" and I was so excited to correct them and say "she." I love that Toast & Jam is female-run and supports a strong team of so many female DJs. Ladies can (and do) rock it too!

Sent on 02/05/2015

I am obsessed with DJ Kristin Marks of Toast and Jam and loved her magnetic and energetic personality even before our big day - so when it came time for her to shine, she not only met my expectations, but exceeded them. She was jamming out with the rest of the guests and did a fantastic job of keeping a good flow of party music so that the dance floor was always full. Most compliments about our big day were about how awesome our DJ was and how she absolutely "killed it" on the dance floor. :)

Sent on 11/10/2014

Kristin Marks was the best wedding DJ we have ever seen! Our guests could not stop raving about how adorable, fun and energetic she was; the dance floor was filled the whole night. She was even dancing a ton behind the DJ booth! She listened to us really well on the types of music we like which can seem like a mish mosh of different genres, but she fit all of our favorites in at different parts of the wedding when it fit best. She was perfect at emceeing the event too - she helped the day flow properly, and none of the hokey, cheesiness you can get from some DJs. She really was a big part of making our big day so perfect, amazing and fun!

Sent on 02/07/2015

Ashley · Married on 09/21/2014

Alicia was our DJ for our reception at Greenhouse Loft and we couldn't have asked for a better DJ! She was awesome to work with and she help provide a great atmosphere the whole evening for everyone. We received a lot of compliments on the DJ and music!

Sent on 10/18/2014
  • User3320205 · 2+ years ago

DJ Rebecca and Toast & Jam DJs were amazing! From the first meeting my husband and I knew DJ Rebecca was the perfect fit for our wedding. She understood our music interests right away. We loved filling out the music form leading up to the wedding. Our guests raved about the music - everyone wanted to set list and said it was their favorite part! Everyone hit the dance floor, including our grandparents (in their 80s!). We would very highly recommend Toast & Jam!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Joy · Married on 09/12/2014

We had Angie Ma for our DJ at our wedding. She was great! Very easy to work with and responsive to our questions. We really enjoyed the music at the wedding and so did our guests!

Sent on 10/02/2014
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 08/31/2014

I cannot write enough wonderful things about Toast & Jam. This was some of the best money spent on our big event. From the very beginning our DJ, Emily, was so on top of everything. She was actually giving me recommendations for timelines, songs, etc. The process was easy, clear, and she was super flexible and easy to work with at the event.

Most importantly, her talent really made the night. The dance floor was packed until the absolute last song of the night. Many of our guests complimented the way she read the crowd, and played songs that all of our guests could enjoy.

Toast & Jam was worth every penny!!

Sent on 09/08/2014