Toast & Jam Reviews

Toast & Jam 6
Toast & Jam 7
  • Kate

Kate O'Rourke · Married on 08/25/2018

Thank you Norah! Great DJ!!!

If you’re looking for an easy-going wedding DJ with GREAT taste in music, you’ve got your girl. We hired Norah with Toast & Jam for our August 2018 wedding. Throughout the day, she was patient and flexible in rolling with the punches and navigating lots (and lots and lots) of changes. She created the perfect playlists and adjusted to match the mood of the dance floor throughout the night. She made all the announcements we requested, but didn’t throw in anything cheesy (which was really important to us). She was easy to work with - highly recommend!!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Christa · Married on 08/24/2018

DUSTIN!!!! He was the BEST! More than I could have hoped for! He was so easy to work with and responded right away to my emails. Literally everybody was on the dance floor the entire night which was my goal. I love to dance and there is nothing I hate more than an empty dance floor with people sitting staring at the people dancing. Awkward. Well Dustin made sure that never happened. I saw family members dance that I never would have expected to. One of my friends commented that she was waiting for a bad song to go to the bathroom but she had already been waiting so long that she just had to go! There were literally no bad songs. I honestly can't recommend Dustin enough!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Carly · Married on 08/18/2018

DJ Kristin Marks seriously MADE our wedding reception as fun as it was. I was so out of breath dancing to her perfect playlist and was waiting for a lull to go get water and take a breath but not a SINGLE BAD SONG was played and my wedding ended up being the best cardio workout of my life. Kristin was so fun and her enthusiasm is infectious. If you are looking for a DJ to understand your wedding vibe and keep guests on the dance floor all night long and screaming "ONE MORE SONG" at the end of the night because they are so sad the night is over, then DJ Kristin Marks is a no brainer vendor pick for you.

Sent on 10/03/2018

Erin Gschwind Romo · Married on 08/17/2018

Legendary DJ Kate

All you need to know about DJ Kate Porter is that she is LEGENDARY.

The legend goes like this...My sister hired Toast and Jam for her wedding in January 2015 and had mentioned how excited she was to have T&J as she heard amazing things about them. My now wife and I had so much fun dancing the night away that at the end of the wedding, I felt so compelled to go up to this amazing DJ and let her know that she absolutely crushed it. I didn’t get her name or card, but I kept talking about this wedding dance party so much that I knew when it was our turn to get married, T&J was the only company I was going to consider.

Once I filled out the initial contact information online, I received a response the very next day from Dena who I could tell through email, is awesome. She was upfront about availability, rates, and everything T&J is about. I mentioned that T&J DJ’d my sister and brother-in-law’s wedding and we were so excited to have them. Dena replied back and let me know that Kate Porter was the DJ who rocked their wedding and that she was available for our date in August 2018, with no pressure at all to select her. It was so nice of Dena to go that extra step to let us know the name of the DJ and offered to make that connection for us. We were immediately taken back to that amazing dance party and knew she was the one we wanted to DJ our wedding.

Every email and in person meeting we had with DJ Kate was so chill, welcoming, friendly, and completely put us at ease. We outlined the vibe that we were looking for during cocktail hour, dinner, and the rest of the night but made it clear we wanted her to have the freedom to play whatever she was vibing with depending on the crowd. This is the only way to go with DJ’s at T&J. They are so talented and amazing at what they do, it’s so important to let those DJ’s rock it as they see fit.

To say DJ Kate rocked it would be an understatement. DJ Kate absolutely slayed it at every step of the way and put her own spin on the vibe we were looking for. There were two particular moments that really stood out to me from our wedding: As you may or may not know, T&J has a list of songs they do not play (for good reason), but there was one particular song on that list that my wife and I knew we needed to play. DJ Kate slid the song into the night so perfectly and seamlessly that people were so into it and it wasn’t even noticeable that it was one of those songs that people cringe at. While the song played, we looked over at DJ Kate and we all just laughed at how awesome this moment was.

Secondly, there was a moment late in the night towards the end of the wedding - people were still not leaving the dance floor, Kate’s playing jam after jam after jam, we all can’t get enough of the party and I look over at Kate and she’s behind the turntables absolutely jamming out! Guests were absolutely feeding off of Kate’s energy and it was so great to just feel that vibe from your DJ who is in charge of bringing the heat to the party.

My wife and I still talk about how awesome DJ Kate Porter was and how lucky we were to have her at our wedding. Some actual quotes from guests at the wedding, “Does that DJ play at clubs or bars or anything? Because I definitely want to go to another one of her gigs.”, “Oh my God, who is this DJ?! She’s crushing it right now!”, and my personal favorite, “This DJ….unbelievable, amazing!”

Thank you, Kate Porter. You are Legendary.

Sent on 01/01/2019

Jillian · Married on 07/15/2018

Everyone commented that it was the best dance party they’d been to in a long time and that’s because Kate was amazing!!!! She played EVERYTHING I wanted and NOTHING I didn’t want and the crowd loved every second. She was so nice!! Only just wish we had more time to get to know her, as she seems awesome as a person too! Loved every second.

Sent on 07/17/2018

Joanna · Married on 07/14/2018

Amazing! One of our favorite vendors!

Alli and the Toast & Jam team are amazing to work with! Alli listened to our ideas, requests, and must plays. She is fun, approachable and very responsive! She and her assistant for the night provided a great playlist for our wedding throughout dinner and dancing! T&J are also well dressed for the Wedding. We couldn’t have thrown the best party of our lives without Alli! Thank you Toast and Jam for being part of our unforgettable day!!

Sent on 10/24/2018
  • Tayler

Tayler · Married on 07/01/2018

The highlight vendor of our wedding!

6 months later and guests are STILL talking about Rachel K. from Toast & Jam. Everyone agrees she was the best wedding DJ anyone has ever experienced, and working with her in the months leading up to the wedding was a complete joy. Her willingness to weigh in on reception timeline and sequencing of events was invaluable.

The dance floor was packed all night and the party exceeded our highest expectations - and all the engaged couples we know are lining up to hire Rachel K. for their upcoming weddings. THANK YOU T&J and Rachel for the best dance party of our lives!

Sent on 01/02/2019

Heather · Married on 06/23/2018

We had DJs Kate and Rachel for our wedding in June 2018. Wow, were they incredible! Ever since we got back from our honeymoon, people have been saying "your DJs were AMAZING!" They did the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and the dance set at the reception. They are also very personable and funny! Of all of our vendors, they were the most helpful at providing honest advice on the flow of the event and how things would work best. 10-/10 would recommend!

Sent on 08/08/2018

Brittany · Married on 06/09/2018

Tim Quinlan from Toast and Jam was amazing! He met with us a couple times before our wedding to ensure our music was perfect. He did an excellent job from the ceremony to the end of the night, the dance floor was packing the entire time! Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Annette · Married on 05/26/2018

We had a great experience with Jess from Toast and Jam! Jess was super sweet, funny, and totally understood our vibe. We wanted our guests dancing all night, and Jess advised on how we could make that happen. From talking through the vibe we wanted during the cocktail hour to reception and handling all of our ceremony/reception music and announcements, she was an excellent DJ.

We got a ton of compliments from guests saying they had never heard such fun music at a wedding before, and we were certainly dancing all night!

Sent on 08/03/2018
    Toast & Jam 8
    Toast & Jam 9
    Toast & Jam 10
  • Joshua

Joshua · Married on 05/26/2018

We absolutely loved Norah from meeting her the first time, through preparing for the wedding, and the big day! We feel she really got to know us. She was absolutely fantastic in relating with our guests and kept the party moving all night. We would highly recommend Norah and can't wait to have another need for a DJ. Norah is first on our list!!

Sent on 09/15/2018
    Toast & Jam 11

Meghan · Married on 05/19/2018

One of the clearest visions we had for our wedding was that we wanted to dance the night away with all of our most important people around us. And DJ Dustin and Toast & Jam made that possible! From the start, we were super impressed with T&J's system (and list of stale music!) and DJ Dustin's approach to getting everyone dancing through the night. And he did it flawlessly. From the moment they opened the dance floor to our guests, there was not a moment where someone wasn't on the dance floor!

Sent on 06/03/2018

Abby · Married on 04/14/2018

Toast and Jam made our wedding night the absolute best night and celebration we could have asked for. Tim and Olive were so great to work with- and seemed to have an unspoken and undeniable ability to read the energy of the room and turn it up a notch so that everyone stayed on the dance floor all night. Could not recommend them more highly!

Sent on 04/16/2018

Abby · Married on 02/24/2018

We hired Dustin from Toast & Jam to DJ our wedding this February and were incredibly happy! We loved the music during the cocktail hour and dinner, and the dance floor could not have been more fun! Dustin kept the dance floor packed the entire night and played a great mix of music to get all of our guests dancing! It was easy working with him and he understood exactly what we were looking for!

Sent on 04/22/2018

Annamarie · Married on 02/03/2018

We had a blast with Toast and Jam's DJ, Shannon. She was so accommodating and played a variety of music! Our DJ even worked with us and was able to play some Polish music that was requested from our family. There was never a dull moment in or lull. The dance floor was always packed! I wish I could have another event and hire this company! Everyone enjoyed themselves and raved about the evening!

Sent on 04/03/2018

Ryan · Married on 01/13/2018

Toast & Jam did an incredible job at our wedding! They have around 20 DJs, and we were set up with DJ Ruby, who absolutely killed it. T&J's model is to avoid bland wedding music that everyone's heard and is tired of in favor of music that people actually want to hear, so they might not be for you if you're a huge chicken dance fan--for everyone else, though, they're great. DJ Ruby was incredibly sharp throughout the cocktail hour/wedding at reading the crowd, and it was a real pleasure working with her and T&J. We couldn't be happier.

Sent on 02/14/2018

Jeremy · Married on 11/04/2017

Tabitha was amazing!!!
    She interviewed us and from our conversation gave us a night to remember!! We explained a vibe and feel for our wedding and she never missed a beat. We had various stages and locations within the MCA - all requiring music. We never once saw her move her speakers or system to accomplish the flow of the night.
    One thing we did notice...the dance floor was NEVER empty!!!

Sent on 12/02/2017
    Toast & Jam 12
    Toast & Jam 13
    Toast & Jam 14
    Toast & Jam 15
    Toast & Jam 16

Leah · Married on 10/20/2017

Toast & Jam is the bomb! A huge shoutout to DJ Kristin — she absolutely killed it! Our 90s babies friends, college-aged cousins and grandparents were dancing the night away, These are a few things my husband and I were told many times throughout the night:

“She’s so freaking cool. Can she be at every wedding!?”

“I want to be her friend!! But seriously, can you introduce me?”

Do yourself a favor and hire Toast & Jam! Thank you for a fantastic and unforgettable evening Kristin — you rock!

Sent on 11/12/2017

Stefani · Married on 10/08/2017

We LOVED DJ Jess! She was absolutely incredible, fun, and played the best music for our wedding. People didn't leave the dance floor and after the night was over, several of our guests said "I wish I could have a playlist of your wedding music." You will not go wrong with Toast & Jam!

Sent on 03/29/2018
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 10/07/2017

We had the pleasure of having Karin DJ our wedding reception. From our initial meeting to our final meeting, she really took the time to listen to what we envisioned and walk us through our reception. Considering we had a multicultural wedding, she was receptive to including our Haitian music. Her transitions were smooth and she definitely played to the crowd's liking. We received so many compliments about Karin's work and we had such a blast partying!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Stephanie · Married on 09/16/2017

We had the most amazing time at our wedding, and Emily, our Toast & Jam DJ, made it all happen! She’s the only DJ we ever met, and it was love at first Ben Rector reference. She was excited by our alternative style and leaned in to obscure references. Plus, even though we only met twice in the year leading up to the wedding, she remembered every passing comment about songs that were special to our family, each of us, and to our friends. And she was tuned in to our Spotify playlists to get a sense of our style. Family members who never dance were out on the floor, and the variety kept everyone having a great time. Plus, since we didn’t have a planner, Emily gave us great advice about the timeline and helped to make sure we stuck to it by checking in throughout the reception. We couldn’t have picked a better DJ.

Sent on 09/19/2017

Jean · Married on 09/16/2017

Hire Toast and Jam. Just do it. Evan was amazing!! I've gotten multiple texts and messages from our guests complementing our DJ at our wedding. He played all the right music and kept the party going. People were on the dance floor all night long. Evan, you're a rock star, and Lance and I appreciate all you did that day. Thanks!

Sent on 10/10/2017

amy · Married on 09/08/2017

Kristin Marks with Toast and Jam was absolutely AMAZING! Her personality is exactly what you want in a DJ and my guests did not stop commenting about how amazing the music was all night long, and how much fun Kristin looked like she was having playing it all. She took all of our requests and preferences and created a dream playlist. The dance floor was full all night long. I would HIGHLY recommend!!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Erin · Married on 09/02/2017

We originally picked Toast & Jam due to the song list and the fact that there are so many female DJs. Jess did an amazing job at our Chicago downtown wedding. She blended our disparate tastes in music and multiple guests commented that they really liked the music. We had a first dance song picked out where we had parts choreographed and she edited the song for us in advance to shorten the overall duration but keep the parts we really liked. Also, we had a multi level venue and when it rained on the rooftop unexpectedly she was able to move the sound system seamlessly indoors and onto multiple floors. I highly recommend Toast & Jam and especially Jess!

Sent on 09/15/2017

Liz · Married on 08/12/2017

Katie was awesome at keeping the party going and keeping everyone on the dance floor! She was everything we hoped for, and more! We met with her a few times before the wedding, so she could get a vibe of what we are looking for, which she caught perfectly. She was amazing at providing suggestions. So organized and on top of it!

Sent on 08/30/2017