Toast & Jam Reviews

321 | Chicago, IL

321 Reviews for Toast & Jam

• Samantha

Samantha Reed · Getting married on 10/02/2021

Small wedding, huge party!

Chris from Toast and Jam was the absolute best! We went back and forth about whether to have a band or DJ, and having Chris as our DJ ended up being the best decision we could have made. We had a small wedding of 65 guests, but we still wanted to make sure it was a raging party. Working with Chris was super easy and fun--he brought a great energy to the process and made us feel at ease. My husband and I have pretty wide-ranging musical interests, and Chris made sure to incorporate them while also tailoring the music to the energy of the room. Chris not only created a great party, he also did a fantastic job providing sound for the ceremony (he even brought his own DI for a family member to perform a song during the ceremony). From the second dinner ended, the dance floor was full and stayed that way all night--we didn't want it to ever be over! People continue to talk about how great the music was, and we couldn't be happier.

Sent on 03/21/2020

Sara Barnowski · Married on 05/05/2020

Rachel from Toast & Jam was amazing

Toast & Jam is a wonderful company to work with for DJ services. My (now) husband and I worked specifically with Rachel Karlic, who was absolutely amazing. She was friendly and responsive and open to us incorporating some unconventional and original music into our wedding. She met with us on several occasions leading up to our wedding and made sure she knew our taste and our concept for the wedding. And on the day-of she executed perfectly; everyone was on the dance floor for the whole night, which was exactly what we wanted. It was amazing to see Rachel dancing along to the music as well. It was so much fun and we received countless compliments on the night. Rachel was definitely instrumental in that.

Sent on 05/27/2019
  • Brie

Brie Locketti · Married on 03/07/2020

DJ Shannon was AMAZING!!!!

Toast and Jam was the BEST! DJ Shannon helped us throw such an amazing and unforgettable party at our wedding; we had guests dance from the moment music began until it ended. In fact, our dance floor was packed the entire night! Shannon was incredible to work with - very professional, fun, and easy to get along with. In our meetings, we talked about our perfect vibe which was, of course, "gay disco!" Shannon met our needs and exceeded. She created such a fun and exciting atmosphere for our celebration. Kaleigh and I love to dance, and all we wanted was for our friends and family to party all night - and they did! We cannot recommend DJ Shannon enough and highly recommend you go with her for the BEST NIGHT EVER!!

Sent on 05/14/2020
  • Carly

Carly Sartwell · Married on 02/22/2020

Loved Toast & Jam!

We recently had Norah as our wedding DJ in February. We couldn't have asked for a better experience with a company or a better person to DJ our wedding! From the very beginning, every request we made was met with professionalism and politeness. Our initial request for information was answered in a timely manner as well as every correspondence after that. The first time we met Norah I felt as if she truly listened to what we wanted and had great suggestions as well. Leading up to the big day, she was accessible and as friendly as ever. During the wedding, she communicated with us and kept everyone on schedule. We loved her and we loved Toast & Jam! Thank you, Norah!

Sent on 03/16/2020
  • Sarah

Sarah Szefi · Married on 11/16/2019

Couldn't imagine a better DJ!

Picking a DJ in Chicago is hard! There are so many options! Luckily our day-of-coordinator had a vendor recommendation list and under DJ it said "Toast & Jam - they are the only DJ group I even want to mention on this page."

We were paired with Katy Albert who was phenomenal!! First of all, Katy is just a person you want to be friends with! She's so positive, authentically caring and genuinely enthusiastic about your event (in our case, wedding reception). She listened to, and incorporated, all of our preferences. We didn't give Katy too much direction - just here's our general vibe, likes and dislikes, and please keep everyone dancing - and she delivered!!! So many guests of all ages remarked how great the music was. Katy played the fun-at-all-ages music (a.k.a., ok for old people) at the beginning of the night and moving gracefully into the modern bangers at the end of the night and kept everyone having fun throughout - she read the room perfectly!

I never thought about how much "behind the scenes" work there is for a DJ, and Katy handled it all wonderfully. For all of our speakers (and we had many), Katy went around and gave a heads up that their speech was coming up soon, so to get into position. It made everything flow seamlessly and I didn't even notice it was happening. By the way, I never pointed out to Katy who our speakers were. She worked with our day-of-coordinator to identify our speakers so we could just enjoy our evening. There are so many other things she handled flawlessly behind the scenes, like announcing our shuttle departures without disrupting the dance floor, which is boring to mention here, but so appreciated from a couple who wanted everyone to have an awesome time on the dance floor - which they did!!

We can't say enough good things about our experience with Katy and Toast & Jam! We couldn't imagine our wedding day any differently!

Sent on 12/01/2019

Raeann Hirschy · Married on 10/19/2019

So much fun!

We booked Toast & Jam after our first meeting with Jessi (~8 months before our wedding date). Jessi did a great job at the first meeting of getting an idea of what our wedding, music tastes, and personalities were like, as well as what we were envisioning for our reception. The list provided by Toast & Jam of likes and dislikes is very comprehensive and helped us get an idea for the cocktail hour and reception. Jessi was very flexible with our choices and everything was solidified via a second meeting about a month before the wedding. She also provided a microphone and music for our ceremony. She made sure to work with the other vendors, have a timeline, and prep those doing readings during or conducting the ceremony. She also assisted us by cueing us when it was past time for us to thank everyone and dance and by screening extra special requests from guests through us. She was a pleasure to work with and everyone had an amazing time!

Sent on 01/01/2020
  • Shannon

Shannon Saliny · Married on 10/18/2019

Epic dance party

My (now) husband LOVES to dance! We wanted to keep the dance floor full all night and Alli did that with her awesome song choices. So many friends and family members commented on how great the music was and that they loved the variety of songs. Alli helped us figure out which songs to use for different parts of the day which was wonderful since we had no idea how many songs we needed! She even worked with my dad who recorded his own song for our first dance and was so helpful to him during that process. From everything we heard about Toast&Jam we knew we would have great music but it was even better than we imagined!

Sent on 10/31/2019

Annie · Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing DJ experience!

Toast and Jam was so easy to work with, from getting matched with our amazing DJ to seamless coordination leading up to and throughout our wedding. Kristin Marks is EVERYTHING. She was an incredible DJ, keeping our guests on the dancefloor all night long and playing every song we had asked for (and even others we just mentioned in passing). Our pre-meeting gave us total confidence that Kristin knew what we wanted, and would be able to incorporate all of our small touches throughout. She embraced our nontraditional requests, including mixing two songs for our first dance. Her positive attitude throughout the night was infectious, and made Kristin feel more like a guest than a vendor. We could not recommend Toast and Jam more highly -- especially if you get paired with Kristin.

Sent on 10/20/2019
  • Andrea

Andrea Finch · Married on 09/28/2019

We Had A Blast

We knew we made the right choice going with Toast & Jam after meeting Jessi for the first time.
    She was so easy to work with and always responded to my (thousand) questions immediately.
    The day of the wedding the venue coordinator called the outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour and moved everything indoors which made Jessi's job a little more hectic but she was so professional and handled it with ease. She kept that dance floor going which was a priority and Jessi delivered. We had such a blast we didn't want her to leave! As a matter of fact, I'm thinking of when I can have another party just to have her back, true story...we feel in love with our DJ.
    WE LOVE YOU JESSI!!!

Sent on 11/10/2019

Kristin · Married on 09/21/2019

The BEST DJ we could have asked for

Alice Kraynak from Toast & Jam is amazing! Absolutely would recommend as the perfect DJ for any wedding or event. We planned most of our wedding from afar (which can be quite stressful), and Alice was so helpful and patient throughout the process. She helped us organize the day of events and asked the perfect questions. We were a little picky about the music, so we sent her Spotify playlists of what we were envisioning for Cocktail Hour, Dinner, and Dancing. She also provided a sheet of possible songs and genres, which we could note as definite plays vs. definite do not plays. The night of our wedding was simply PERFECT. Everyone commented on the music and how incredible our DJ was. Alice made the night about us and curated the most incredible setting for our reception. You always hear that the DJ can make or break the party -- Alice exceeded all expectations and made the evening spectacular. 5 out of 5 stars!

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Martinez · Married on 09/20/2019

The dance floor was packed!

Toast and Jam, more specifically our DJ Rachel, was awesome! From the first open-dance song, everyone rushed to the floor. She knew exactly what to play and what not to play. I couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 12/06/2019
  • Olivia

Olivia Littlehale · Married on 09/15/2019

Norah blew our expectations away!

We couldn't recommend both Toast & Jam, or Norah, enough. From the initial meeting with her, she understood our vibe of wanting a more low-key MC, and making it a priority of keeping guests on the dance floor. Let me tell you, she did not disappoint. We have had countless friends tell us that they've never danced that much at a wedding, and we had the absolute best time. From all of the small details, to staying later than expected when we found out we were allowed to, she went above and beyond. The music killed it, from happy hour, to dinner, to dancing, there was never a song on that I questioned or didn't love. We gave her general ideas and let her professional creativeness go from there, and we're so glad we did. She was so personable and easy to work with, even when we changed our minds last minute. I wish she could come DJ another party for us since she was such a highlight- couldn't recommend her enough! 10/5 stars.

Sent on 11/23/2019
  • Leigh

Leigh · Married on 09/01/2019

Alli K with T&J is the best DJ ever. Prove me wrong.

Toast and Jam

Toast and Jam’s Alli K. was one of the first vendors we booked over a year before our wedding, and she was fantastic from day 1! My husband travels a lot for work so I was meeting a lot of vendors myself on my days off. From our first meeting I knew he’d love her as much as I did, and I was right! She spent time getting to know us and our music interests, and did a fantastic job mashing those tastes together for all to enjoy. We had several requests for Alli as well as areas we could use advisement, and she had better ideas than I could have dreamed of for all of it. She really knows her stuff and loves what she does.

I also felt comfortable knowing she’d worked my venue previously (The Glen Club) and she nailed it with the ceremony music, cocktail hour and had everyone up on the dance floor all night long. I went over to her at one point with me out of breath saying I tried to take a break for water but every time I wanted to she’d play another song that I loved (that’s when you know they’re doing it right!). I think the best was my mom today, who really wanted us to have a band like my sister’s wedding had had two years ago, told me how she had to admit how awesome Alli was and that we made the right call going with her as our DJ because not only she loved her, and we loved her, but all her friends and family loved her too so we know everyone had a phenomenal time.

Alli was a blast and we’re so lucky to have been paired with her! Thank you Alli for helping make our wedding the most perfect day we could have ever dreamed of and more, and we’ll definitely recommend Alli K. and Toast and Jam in the future!

Sent on 09/14/2019
  • Laura

Laura Winchester · Married on 08/30/2019

Highly recommend!

Made our wedding SO much fun and listened to our preferences for music! Overall a great experience!

Sent on 09/17/2019

Martha K. McClintock · Married on 08/30/2019

What a fabulous experience!!!

"DJ" doesn't capture Tabitha's talents. Her music knowledge is vast and deep, so she could play exactly what we had in mind, tactfully suggesting better versions, and, when we were clueless, made terrific choices that we all loved. She did EVERYTHING from music as people assembled for the ceremony, the ceremony itself, cocktails, dinner, wedding traditions and dancing dancing dancing. She had everyone on the dance floor--and could really read the crowd. She was also very helpful working out the schedule of when to do what. She kept track of the caterers, photographers, bar, wedding party--herding cats with kindness and good humor. Absolutely wonderful.

Sent on 10/24/2019
  • Katie

Katie Beitler · Married on 08/24/2019

DJ Dustin 100%

We were referred to Toast and Jam through a friend. However they had a different DJ than us. Before we met with Dustin we were nervous because obviously we had never heard him DJ before. But it didn't take long during our first meeting to realize he was truly passionate about what he does. He listened to us with what we wanted and didn't want. And did he deliver! We had people on the dance floor ALL NIGHT. We had so many people talk to us after the wedding telling us that our DJ killed it with the music. Thank you Dustin for being creative, for listening to us, and for keeping our dance floor packed all night!

Sent on 09/08/2019
  • Arianne

Arianne · Married on 08/24/2019

Olivia was the Perfect DJ!

We loved DJ Olivia! She kept the party going to the last song and was wonderful to work with. We highly recommend Toast and Jam and Olivia!

Sent on 11/16/2019
  • Tim

Tim Fisher · Married on 08/10/2019

What an amazing party!

Toast & Jams were the best!!! Alli did such an amazing job building the perfect atmosphere during every part of the evening, culminating in a raucous dance party. Everyone was singing along and sweating their butts off. Alli always had the perfect next-song lined up. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/29/2019

Elaine Patricia Coldren · Married on 07/14/2019

Alli is amazing

Alli from Toast & Jam is amazing and you'd be lucky to have her! We loved all meetings with her, she is easy to talk to and well versed in every genre of music which was helpful for the different tastes of my husband, me, and our parents. Multiple people from the wedding told me every time they tried to leave the dance floor to get a drink/dessert they had to turn right back around because Alli put on a song that they couldn't NOT dance to. Our wedding had a latin vibe and I was super impressed with the songs she picked that I've heard on dance floors and at weddings in Mexico, she knows her stuff. We loved the no slides, no chicken dance, no country songs about daddy's and daughters policies of Toast & Jam that clued us in from the start they were the right choice. Our dance floor was full the whole time and some of my best wedding memories will be screaming the lyrics to songs with my friends that Alli just seemed to know we would love! We and everyone at our wedding loved Alli and Toast & Jam!

Sent on 11/02/2019

Jessica · Married on 06/23/2019

Not your typical wedding DJs

If you're looking for a wedding DJ that plays awesome music and is not your typical "cheesy" DJ, Toast & Jam is the way to go. Norah was so professional and kept the dance floor going all night long!

Sent on 07/22/2019

Amanda Hansen · Married on 06/15/2019

Shannon is phenomenal

Shannon was AMAZING!! She was great to work with from our first conversation to the wedding day. I really trusted her with song selection during dinner and throughout the night and she really delivered! She knew how to get the party started and didn't play a bad song. She was really flexible with making announcements and was great introducing our wedding party at the start of the reception. I HIGHLY recommend Shannon!

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa Fricke Vaughan · Married on 06/08/2019

Thank you Tabitha!

My husband and I are so thankful we went with Toast and Jam DJs for our wedding! Our wedding DJ was Tabitha Boorsma. During our initial meeting with Tabitha, I told her that my main goal for our wedding was to have a raging dance party and she delivered! My husband and I clicked with Tabitha at that meeting; she understood our music tastes and that we wanted all age groups to enjoy themselves. As we got closer to the wedding date, we had a final phone call with Tabitha to solidify our wedding dance songs and express and concerns/wants for the wedding. I told Tabitha that I like hip-hop and rap but that language and content needed to be appropriate for the setting. Again, Tabitha listened and alleviated my concerns. During the wedding, every song went off perfectly and everyone danced to the end. We definitely had a raging dance party and owe it all to Tabitha. My wedding guests are still raving about Tabitha and how much she was able to span all music genres in a smooth and effective way. If you hire Toast and Jam DJs (and specifically Tabitha) you will have no worries.

Sent on 08/22/2019

Allie · Married on 05/25/2019

Perfect Fit

Tabitha was amazing! She kept our guests dancing all night, until way past midnight. She even got my grandparents out on the floor! She was so much fun to work with: kind, professional, and full of helpful suggestions. I'd recommend her with no hesitations!

Sent on 05/29/2019

Kelly · Married on 05/18/2019

Too good to be true

We had Norah from Toast & Jam as our DJ for our wedding this past weekend and we cannot say enough great things about her! We had SEVERAL guests tell us that it was the best music they had ever heard at a wedding and our fears of having an empty dance floor never came to fruition. Norah played the perfect mix of songs for all generations of guests, and from the start of the night to the end, our dance floor was packed. Finally, we loved that she checked with us before playing any requests that might be hokey, but also never made our guests feel silly for their requests. Best wedding DJ ever!

Sent on 05/23/2019

Kyle Dolan · Married on 05/18/2019

Great wedding DJ from Toast & Jam

We hired Toast & Jam to DJ our wedding in May 2019. Dustin, our DJ, did an excellent job. Working with him to develop the playlist was easy and enjoyable. At the wedding, he and his assistant handled all of our musical cues and requests flawlessly, and the sound quality was ideal for the space. They managed the playlists well, keeping the mood right on target throughout the ceremony and reception. We would highly recommend Toast & Jam to prospective couples!

Sent on 07/06/2019