Toast & Jam, Inc Reviews

Toast & Jam, Inc 7
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 02/01/2019

A Full Dance Floor All Night Long

We were recommended Toast & Jam by our photographer, and we are so happy that we trusted them. We were able to work with Kate throughout the planning process, which was great. We were provided with a list of sample songs broken down into different genres and were were able to go through this list and choose songs we liked and disliked. We had a lot of fun communicating our preferences to Kate and choosing our important songs. Now come day of, I couldn't have imagined a better playlist. Our dance floor was packed all night long, and to quote my brother, it was the "best soundtrack known to ever hit a wedding dance floor." Kate took into account our our quirky tastes and played pretty much every "must" song I had, including Sum 41 and Blue Oyster Cult. Of all of the compliments we received afterwards from guests, we got the most on our music. Kate did an amazing job taking in our own tastes and using that to curate an amazing playlist that our guests absolutely had a blast dancing to.

• Caleen

Caleen · Married on 01/26/2019

Honestly The Best There Is

I can not say enough great things about Toast & Jam. We had Rachel K for our DJ and she was fantastic! From our first meeting to our wedding day we enjoyed working with her. She got our music taste perfectly and kept our dance floor going for 4 hours!! Everyone was raving about her and the great dancing after our wedding, which is exactly what we wanted. Also, Rachel really looks out for you as a couple, and makes sure that no one is getting in the way of your day! It was also great having her walk through the steps of the day with us so we knew what to expect and then managing all the speeches and dances throughout the night. I cannot recommend Toast & Jam enough!!

• Jenelle

Jenelle Huddleston · Married on 01/19/2019

Fun, professional, intuitive DJ!

Emily knew us better than we knew ourselves. I can't get over how fun she made our reception – The dance floor was packed the entire night, and there was not a single song played that I either didn't know, or didn't want to be dancing to. We're definitely a unique couple when it comes to personal music tastes (alternative, punk, general rock, etc.), I enjoy a smattering of select top 40, and I also have a family that loves classic rock typical wedding hits. Emily just made it all work. Friends and family are still telling me how much fun they had!

Not only was the day awesome, but working with her up until the event was friendly, comfortable, and fun. We were able to give her copies of some must play songs that were meaningful to us, and she worked them right into the night. We had a few out of the box choices for things like our first dance song, and she did nothing but hype our choices – It just felt great to know that letting bits of us come through with our music was totally normal and supported!

We had some unique circumstances with our speakers / electricity / general setup, and Emily gladly hopped on a call with our production team before the wedding to discuss gear details. She not only knew music, but was super learned on the technical side, and ready to make sure the day went smoothly.

Finally, Emily did an awesome job of keeping up the flow of the evening – We had a day of coordinator, but Emily really shined when it came to announcing the bridal party and other key moments of the evening. I didn't have to think or worry at all.

Can't recommend Toast & Jam enough, especially Emily. Thanks for making the day amazing!

Toast & Jam, Inc 8
    Toast & Jam, Inc 9

Lauren · Married on 12/15/2018

Excellent DJ

It was really important to us to find a female DJ (because, unfortunately, they seem to be few and far between), so my husband and I were thrilled when we found this company! Our DJ, Jess, was rad. We clicked with her, she got our taste in music, and she made our wedding a blast. She was super fun but very professional, and she kept people dancing all night. I actually can't think of the last time I was at a wedding where everyone was dancing until they turned the lights on at the end of the night. She was great at making announcements without being at all intrusive or cheesy, she kept the music at a volume where people could hear each other talk but still wanted to dance, and she was great at reading the room to play the right music at the right times. Really happy we chose them!

Natalie · Married on 11/18/2018

Dj kate is amazing!

DJ Kate was AMAZING!!! We had the BEST dance party at our wedding reception!! Our guests all commented on how good to party was :) From the moment we started meeting/planning with Kate, we know we hit the jackpot. She was so personable and truly wanted to get to know who we were as a couple (so she could tailor the party to fit us)! We have full confidence that she would create an amazing experience for us and our guests! We are so thankful for her expertise and skills as a DJ--truly an artist with so much knowledge! The dance floor was never empty the entire night--THANK YOU, Kate for making it a night we will never forget!! You're amazing!

• Brian

Brian Peterson · Married on 11/03/2018

DJ Chris is the Dance Commander!

DJ Chris had only recently joined Toast & Jam when we first met with him, which admittedly made me nervous heading into the meeting. In talking through our musical preferences, his expansive knowledge of diverse bands instantly put me at ease. He knows his stuff! His decades-long background as a musician was a plus for us. On our online-only wedding invitations (best decision ever!), we asked people to respond with their song requests, which gave Chris a great base from which to work. And from there, he masterfully filled in the blanks with crowd-pleasing jams that coaxed everyone to the dance floor! If DJ Chris is available, book him ASAP!

Toast & Jam, Inc 10

Jordan Hughes · Married on 10/19/2018

DJ Karin was the BEST!

Where to start! I cannot say enough good things about working with Karin at Toast & Jam - she was so pleasant to work with from the beginning, always listening to what we wanted and incorporating that into the music list. On the day of, she absolutely KILLED the reception - everyone commented on how many people were dancing, people of all ages! The dance floor was packed the entire night. She also did an amazing job recommending the flow of music for our ceremony. There is a reason why Toast & Jam is the highest rated DJ in Chicago - the price is well worth it!

Denise · Married on 10/12/2018

Toast & Jam All the way!

Norah ROCKED our wedding! She did such an amazing job at keeping the party and dancing going all night! Shes not only an awesome DJ but an awesome person as well. She listens to what you want for your special day and makes it more than you could have imagined. I most definitely recommend Toast & Jam and Norah for your event!

Caroline & Mike · Married on 10/12/2018

Highly Recommend!

Working with Toast & Jam was a great experience from start to finish. We started off unsure whether to look for a band or a DJ, but talking with DJ Dustin helped make that decision much easier. His level of experience and professionalism was very clear, and the fact that he had done weddings at our venue in the past made it clear that he’d be able to give us the experience we wanted from the evening. He was always very responsive and easy to work with, and he worked in our requests wonderfully. In what is probably the best review for a wedding DJ, the dance floor was crowded all night, and many of our guests commented throughout the night about how fun the music was! Overall, we would highly recommend working with Toast & Jam.

paula · Married on 09/22/2018

Norah did an AMAZING job at our wedding! My husband and I stayed on the dance floor for a little bit to get everyone else to come out, and we kept telling ourselves "ok next song, and we'll grab a drink" but couldn't leave the dance floor because she had the best set list ever! You did not want to miss out on any song! Norah was very friendly and approachable, she was responsive to my emails, and was easy to work with! If you're debating between using toast and jam and another dj company, stop debating and just go with toast and jam! They are awesome! I have no regrets in using them!

Thank you again Norah for making our wedding so incredibly awesome!

Nicole · Married on 09/08/2018

Kate and Rachel were really easy to work with! We loved every meeting we had with them and they KILLED it with the music at our ceremony and reception. The sound was spot on and they knew the venue like the back of their hand. They were thoughtful and guided everyone on how to use the microphone when needed. We never had any issues! Everything was perfect.

Lara · Married on 09/01/2018

Professional and Fantastic Music

Highly recommend Toast & Jam! DJ Dustin Drase did an excellent job as our DJ for our wedding at the Morton Arboretum. He did an great job MCing and dealt with a hiccup with Father/Daughter dance with grace. When it came time for the Father/Daughter dance, the Father of the bride was missing, and he helped look for him (we found him!). He also was very flexible with some last minute additions to the list of toasts. Dustin is very friendly and laid back, but absolutely professional when needed. We got a ton of complements from our guests (of multiple generations) on both the cocktail/dinner music and the dancing music! Our dance floor was packed the whole night! We feel really lucky to have had Dustin as our DJ. Thanks!

Natalie · Married on 08/25/2018

Kristin was amazing! She was flexible, fun and totally understood what we were going for with our music. Many of our guests said it was the best playlist they had heard at a wedding.

• Kate

Kate O'Rourke · Married on 08/25/2018

Thank you Norah! Great DJ!!!

If you’re looking for an easy-going wedding DJ with GREAT taste in music, you’ve got your girl. We hired Norah with Toast & Jam for our August 2018 wedding. Throughout the day, she was patient and flexible in rolling with the punches and navigating lots (and lots and lots) of changes. She created the perfect playlists and adjusted to match the mood of the dance floor throughout the night. She made all the announcements we requested, but didn’t throw in anything cheesy (which was really important to us). She was easy to work with - highly recommend!!

Christa · Married on 08/24/2018

DUSTIN!!!! He was the BEST! More than I could have hoped for! He was so easy to work with and responded right away to my emails. Literally everybody was on the dance floor the entire night which was my goal. I love to dance and there is nothing I hate more than an empty dance floor with people sitting staring at the people dancing. Awkward. Well Dustin made sure that never happened. I saw family members dance that I never would have expected to. One of my friends commented that she was waiting for a bad song to go to the bathroom but she had already been waiting so long that she just had to go! There were literally no bad songs. I honestly can't recommend Dustin enough!

Carly · Married on 08/18/2018

DJ Kristin Marks seriously MADE our wedding reception as fun as it was. I was so out of breath dancing to her perfect playlist and was waiting for a lull to go get water and take a breath but not a SINGLE BAD SONG was played and my wedding ended up being the best cardio workout of my life. Kristin was so fun and her enthusiasm is infectious. If you are looking for a DJ to understand your wedding vibe and keep guests on the dance floor all night long and screaming "ONE MORE SONG" at the end of the night because they are so sad the night is over, then DJ Kristin Marks is a no brainer vendor pick for you.

Erin Gschwind Romo · Married on 08/17/2018

Legendary DJ Kate

All you need to know about DJ Kate Porter is that she is LEGENDARY.

The legend goes like this...My sister hired Toast and Jam for her wedding in January 2015 and had mentioned how excited she was to have T&J as she heard amazing things about them. My now wife and I had so much fun dancing the night away that at the end of the wedding, I felt so compelled to go up to this amazing DJ and let her know that she absolutely crushed it. I didn’t get her name or card, but I kept talking about this wedding dance party so much that I knew when it was our turn to get married, T&J was the only company I was going to consider.

Once I filled out the initial contact information online, I received a response the very next day from Dena who I could tell through email, is awesome. She was upfront about availability, rates, and everything T&J is about. I mentioned that T&J DJ’d my sister and brother-in-law’s wedding and we were so excited to have them. Dena replied back and let me know that Kate Porter was the DJ who rocked their wedding and that she was available for our date in August 2018, with no pressure at all to select her. It was so nice of Dena to go that extra step to let us know the name of the DJ and offered to make that connection for us. We were immediately taken back to that amazing dance party and knew she was the one we wanted to DJ our wedding.

Every email and in person meeting we had with DJ Kate was so chill, welcoming, friendly, and completely put us at ease. We outlined the vibe that we were looking for during cocktail hour, dinner, and the rest of the night but made it clear we wanted her to have the freedom to play whatever she was vibing with depending on the crowd. This is the only way to go with DJ’s at T&J. They are so talented and amazing at what they do, it’s so important to let those DJ’s rock it as they see fit.

To say DJ Kate rocked it would be an understatement. DJ Kate absolutely slayed it at every step of the way and put her own spin on the vibe we were looking for. There were two particular moments that really stood out to me from our wedding: As you may or may not know, T&J has a list of songs they do not play (for good reason), but there was one particular song on that list that my wife and I knew we needed to play. DJ Kate slid the song into the night so perfectly and seamlessly that people were so into it and it wasn’t even noticeable that it was one of those songs that people cringe at. While the song played, we looked over at DJ Kate and we all just laughed at how awesome this moment was.

Secondly, there was a moment late in the night towards the end of the wedding - people were still not leaving the dance floor, Kate’s playing jam after jam after jam, we all can’t get enough of the party and I look over at Kate and she’s behind the turntables absolutely jamming out! Guests were absolutely feeding off of Kate’s energy and it was so great to just feel that vibe from your DJ who is in charge of bringing the heat to the party.

My wife and I still talk about how awesome DJ Kate Porter was and how lucky we were to have her at our wedding. Some actual quotes from guests at the wedding, “Does that DJ play at clubs or bars or anything? Because I definitely want to go to another one of her gigs.”, “Oh my God, who is this DJ?! She’s crushing it right now!”, and my personal favorite, “This DJ….unbelievable, amazing!”

Thank you, Kate Porter. You are Legendary.

Jillian · Married on 07/15/2018

Everyone commented that it was the best dance party they’d been to in a long time and that’s because Kate was amazing!!!! She played EVERYTHING I wanted and NOTHING I didn’t want and the crowd loved every second. She was so nice!! Only just wish we had more time to get to know her, as she seems awesome as a person too! Loved every second.

Joanna · Married on 07/14/2018

Amazing! One of our favorite vendors!

Alli and the Toast & Jam team are amazing to work with! Alli listened to our ideas, requests, and must plays. She is fun, approachable and very responsive! She and her assistant for the night provided a great playlist for our wedding throughout dinner and dancing! T&J are also well dressed for the Wedding. We couldn’t have thrown the best party of our lives without Alli! Thank you Toast and Jam for being part of our unforgettable day!!

• Tayler

Tayler · Married on 07/01/2018

The highlight vendor of our wedding!

6 months later and guests are STILL talking about Rachel K. from Toast & Jam. Everyone agrees she was the best wedding DJ anyone has ever experienced, and working with her in the months leading up to the wedding was a complete joy. Her willingness to weigh in on reception timeline and sequencing of events was invaluable.

The dance floor was packed all night and the party exceeded our highest expectations - and all the engaged couples we know are lining up to hire Rachel K. for their upcoming weddings. THANK YOU T&J and Rachel for the best dance party of our lives!

Heather · Married on 06/23/2018

We had DJs Kate and Rachel for our wedding in June 2018. Wow, were they incredible! Ever since we got back from our honeymoon, people have been saying "your DJs were AMAZING!" They did the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and the dance set at the reception. They are also very personable and funny! Of all of our vendors, they were the most helpful at providing honest advice on the flow of the event and how things would work best. 10-/10 would recommend!

Brittany · Married on 06/09/2018

Tim Quinlan from Toast and Jam was amazing! He met with us a couple times before our wedding to ensure our music was perfect. He did an excellent job from the ceremony to the end of the night, the dance floor was packing the entire time! Highly recommend!

Annette · Married on 05/26/2018

We had a great experience with Jess from Toast and Jam! Jess was super sweet, funny, and totally understood our vibe. We wanted our guests dancing all night, and Jess advised on how we could make that happen. From talking through the vibe we wanted during the cocktail hour to reception and handling all of our ceremony/reception music and announcements, she was an excellent DJ.

We got a ton of compliments from guests saying they had never heard such fun music at a wedding before, and we were certainly dancing all night!

Toast & Jam, Inc 11
    Toast & Jam, Inc 12
    Toast & Jam, Inc 13
  • Joshua

Joshua · Married on 05/26/2018

We absolutely loved Norah from meeting her the first time, through preparing for the wedding, and the big day! We feel she really got to know us. She was absolutely fantastic in relating with our guests and kept the party moving all night. We would highly recommend Norah and can't wait to have another need for a DJ. Norah is first on our list!!

Toast & Jam, Inc 14