Toast & Jam, Inc Reviews

Toast & Jam, Inc 6
Toast & Jam, Inc 7

Sara Barnowski · Getting married on 05/05/2020

Rachel from Toast & Jam was amazing

Toast & Jam is a wonderful company to work with for DJ services. My (now) husband and I worked specifically with Rachel Karlic, who was absolutely amazing. She was friendly and responsive and open to us incorporating some unconventional and original music into our wedding. She met with us on several occasions leading up to our wedding and made sure she knew our taste and our concept for the wedding. And on the day-of she executed perfectly; everyone was on the dance floor for the whole night, which was exactly what we wanted. It was amazing to see Rachel dancing along to the music as well. It was so much fun and we received countless compliments on the night. Rachel was definitely instrumental in that.

Sent on 05/27/2019
  • Leigh

Leigh · Married on 09/01/2019

Alli K with T&J is the best DJ ever. Prove me wrong.

Toast and Jam

Toast and Jam’s Alli K. was one of the first vendors we booked over a year before our wedding, and she was fantastic from day 1! My husband travels a lot for work so I was meeting a lot of vendors myself on my days off. From our first meeting I knew he’d love her as much as I did, and I was right! She spent time getting to know us and our music interests, and did a fantastic job mashing those tastes together for all to enjoy. We had several requests for Alli as well as areas we could use advisement, and she had better ideas than I could have dreamed of for all of it. She really knows her stuff and loves what she does.

I also felt comfortable knowing she’d worked my venue previously (The Glen Club) and she nailed it with the ceremony music, cocktail hour and had everyone up on the dance floor all night long. I went over to her at one point with me out of breath saying I tried to take a break for water but every time I wanted to she’d play another song that I loved (that’s when you know they’re doing it right!). I think the best was my mom today, who really wanted us to have a band like my sister’s wedding had had two years ago, told me how she had to admit how awesome Alli was and that we made the right call going with her as our DJ because not only she loved her, and we loved her, but all her friends and family loved her too so we know everyone had a phenomenal time.

Alli was a blast and we’re so lucky to have been paired with her! Thank you Alli for helping make our wedding the most perfect day we could have ever dreamed of and more, and we’ll definitely recommend Alli K. and Toast and Jam in the future!

Sent on 09/14/2019
    Toast & Jam, Inc 8
    Toast & Jam, Inc 9
    Toast & Jam, Inc 10
  • Katie

Katie Beitler · Married on 08/24/2019

DJ Dustin 100%

We were referred to Toast and Jam through a friend. However they had a different DJ than us. Before we met with Dustin we were nervous because obviously we had never heard him DJ before. But it didn't take long during our first meeting to realize he was truly passionate about what he does. He listened to us with what we wanted and didn't want. And did he deliver! We had people on the dance floor ALL NIGHT. We had so many people talk to us after the wedding telling us that our DJ killed it with the music. Thank you Dustin for being creative, for listening to us, and for keeping our dance floor packed all night!

Sent on 09/08/2019
  • Tim

Tim Fisher · Married on 08/10/2019

What an amazing party!

Toast & Jams were the best!!! Alli did such an amazing job building the perfect atmosphere during every part of the evening, culminating in a raucous dance party. Everyone was singing along and sweating their butts off. Alli always had the perfect next-song lined up. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/29/2019

Jessica · Married on 06/23/2019

Not your typical wedding DJs

If you're looking for a wedding DJ that plays awesome music and is not your typical "cheesy" DJ, Toast & Jam is the way to go. Norah was so professional and kept the dance floor going all night long!

Sent on 07/22/2019

Amanda Hansen · Married on 06/15/2019

Shannon is phenomenal

Shannon was AMAZING!! She was great to work with from our first conversation to the wedding day. I really trusted her with song selection during dinner and throughout the night and she really delivered! She knew how to get the party started and didn't play a bad song. She was really flexible with making announcements and was great introducing our wedding party at the start of the reception. I HIGHLY recommend Shannon!

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa Fricke Vaughan · Married on 06/08/2019

Thank you Tabitha!

My husband and I are so thankful we went with Toast and Jam DJs for our wedding! Our wedding DJ was Tabitha Boorsma. During our initial meeting with Tabitha, I told her that my main goal for our wedding was to have a raging dance party and she delivered! My husband and I clicked with Tabitha at that meeting; she understood our music tastes and that we wanted all age groups to enjoy themselves. As we got closer to the wedding date, we had a final phone call with Tabitha to solidify our wedding dance songs and express and concerns/wants for the wedding. I told Tabitha that I like hip-hop and rap but that language and content needed to be appropriate for the setting. Again, Tabitha listened and alleviated my concerns. During the wedding, every song went off perfectly and everyone danced to the end. We definitely had a raging dance party and owe it all to Tabitha. My wedding guests are still raving about Tabitha and how much she was able to span all music genres in a smooth and effective way. If you hire Toast and Jam DJs (and specifically Tabitha) you will have no worries.

Sent on 08/22/2019

Allie · Married on 05/25/2019

Perfect Fit

Tabitha was amazing! She kept our guests dancing all night, until way past midnight. She even got my grandparents out on the floor! She was so much fun to work with: kind, professional, and full of helpful suggestions. I'd recommend her with no hesitations!

Sent on 05/29/2019

Kelly · Married on 05/18/2019

Too good to be true

We had Norah from Toast & Jam as our DJ for our wedding this past weekend and we cannot say enough great things about her! We had SEVERAL guests tell us that it was the best music they had ever heard at a wedding and our fears of having an empty dance floor never came to fruition. Norah played the perfect mix of songs for all generations of guests, and from the start of the night to the end, our dance floor was packed. Finally, we loved that she checked with us before playing any requests that might be hokey, but also never made our guests feel silly for their requests. Best wedding DJ ever!

Sent on 05/23/2019

Kyle Dolan · Married on 05/18/2019

Great wedding DJ from Toast & Jam

We hired Toast & Jam to DJ our wedding in May 2019. Dustin, our DJ, did an excellent job. Working with him to develop the playlist was easy and enjoyable. At the wedding, he and his assistant handled all of our musical cues and requests flawlessly, and the sound quality was ideal for the space. They managed the playlists well, keeping the mood right on target throughout the ceremony and reception. We would highly recommend Toast & Jam to prospective couples!

Sent on 07/06/2019
  • Kate

Kate Allt · Married on 03/23/2019

Dance floor was full all night long!

Hire these guys!! Toast and Jam is amazing and made our wedding so much fun. The dance floor was full all night long! I looked at reviews and comments on specific DJs before we booked, and read nothing but good things about Shannon. We requested her specifically and thankfully for us, she was free! (We booked about 14 months before our wedding) Shannon is amazing. She is so sweet, and also very attentive to details. She remembered every small thing we asked and also made great suggestions when we didn’t have a specific song in mind for a particular moment. On the night of the wedding, she knew exactly what was happening and when. She knew our bridal party’s names and how to pronounce them and what order they were supposed to be in. Those sound like small things, but these were things that it was so nice not to have to worry about on the night of our wedding! When it came time to open the dance floor, Shannon played a perfect mix of current songs, oldies and classics. Everything we wanted and nothing we didn’t! She and her assistant were super fun, grooving to the music they were playing! People fed off her energy, and it kept the dance floor packed until the lights went on at the end of the night! We received so many comments about how great she was and how fun the music selection was. Our photographer kept saying, “you guys really made a great choice with Toast and Jam, they are great!!” We would hire Toast and Jam and Shannon again and again!

Sent on 04/03/2019
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 02/01/2019

A Full Dance Floor All Night Long

We were recommended Toast & Jam by our photographer, and we are so happy that we trusted them. We were able to work with Kate throughout the planning process, which was great. We were provided with a list of sample songs broken down into different genres and were were able to go through this list and choose songs we liked and disliked. We had a lot of fun communicating our preferences to Kate and choosing our important songs. Now come day of, I couldn't have imagined a better playlist. Our dance floor was packed all night long, and to quote my brother, it was the "best soundtrack known to ever hit a wedding dance floor." Kate took into account our our quirky tastes and played pretty much every "must" song I had, including Sum 41 and Blue Oyster Cult. Of all of the compliments we received afterwards from guests, we got the most on our music. Kate did an amazing job taking in our own tastes and using that to curate an amazing playlist that our guests absolutely had a blast dancing to.

Sent on 02/18/2019
  • Caleen

Caleen · Married on 01/26/2019

Honestly The Best There Is

I can not say enough great things about Toast & Jam. We had Rachel K for our DJ and she was fantastic! From our first meeting to our wedding day we enjoyed working with her. She got our music taste perfectly and kept our dance floor going for 4 hours!! Everyone was raving about her and the great dancing after our wedding, which is exactly what we wanted. Also, Rachel really looks out for you as a couple, and makes sure that no one is getting in the way of your day! It was also great having her walk through the steps of the day with us so we knew what to expect and then managing all the speeches and dances throughout the night. I cannot recommend Toast & Jam enough!!

Sent on 02/04/2019
  • Jenelle

Jenelle Huddleston · Married on 01/19/2019

Fun, professional, intuitive DJ!

Emily knew us better than we knew ourselves. I can't get over how fun she made our reception – The dance floor was packed the entire night, and there was not a single song played that I either didn't know, or didn't want to be dancing to. We're definitely a unique couple when it comes to personal music tastes (alternative, punk, general rock, etc.), I enjoy a smattering of select top 40, and I also have a family that loves classic rock typical wedding hits. Emily just made it all work. Friends and family are still telling me how much fun they had!

Not only was the day awesome, but working with her up until the event was friendly, comfortable, and fun. We were able to give her copies of some must play songs that were meaningful to us, and she worked them right into the night. We had a few out of the box choices for things like our first dance song, and she did nothing but hype our choices – It just felt great to know that letting bits of us come through with our music was totally normal and supported!

We had some unique circumstances with our speakers / electricity / general setup, and Emily gladly hopped on a call with our production team before the wedding to discuss gear details. She not only knew music, but was super learned on the technical side, and ready to make sure the day went smoothly.

Finally, Emily did an awesome job of keeping up the flow of the evening – We had a day of coordinator, but Emily really shined when it came to announcing the bridal party and other key moments of the evening. I didn't have to think or worry at all.

Can't recommend Toast & Jam enough, especially Emily. Thanks for making the day amazing!

Sent on 01/31/2019
    Toast & Jam, Inc 11
    Toast & Jam, Inc 12

Lauren · Married on 12/15/2018

Excellent DJ

It was really important to us to find a female DJ (because, unfortunately, they seem to be few and far between), so my husband and I were thrilled when we found this company! Our DJ, Jess, was rad. We clicked with her, she got our taste in music, and she made our wedding a blast. She was super fun but very professional, and she kept people dancing all night. I actually can't think of the last time I was at a wedding where everyone was dancing until they turned the lights on at the end of the night. She was great at making announcements without being at all intrusive or cheesy, she kept the music at a volume where people could hear each other talk but still wanted to dance, and she was great at reading the room to play the right music at the right times. Really happy we chose them!

Sent on 01/01/2019

Natalie · Married on 11/18/2018

Dj kate is amazing!

DJ Kate was AMAZING!!! We had the BEST dance party at our wedding reception!! Our guests all commented on how good to party was :) From the moment we started meeting/planning with Kate, we know we hit the jackpot. She was so personable and truly wanted to get to know who we were as a couple (so she could tailor the party to fit us)! We have full confidence that she would create an amazing experience for us and our guests! We are so thankful for her expertise and skills as a DJ--truly an artist with so much knowledge! The dance floor was never empty the entire night--THANK YOU, Kate for making it a night we will never forget!! You're amazing!

Sent on 12/07/2018
  • Brian

Brian Peterson · Married on 11/03/2018

DJ Chris is the Dance Commander!

DJ Chris had only recently joined Toast & Jam when we first met with him, which admittedly made me nervous heading into the meeting. In talking through our musical preferences, his expansive knowledge of diverse bands instantly put me at ease. He knows his stuff! His decades-long background as a musician was a plus for us. On our online-only wedding invitations (best decision ever!), we asked people to respond with their song requests, which gave Chris a great base from which to work. And from there, he masterfully filled in the blanks with crowd-pleasing jams that coaxed everyone to the dance floor! If DJ Chris is available, book him ASAP!

Sent on 03/21/2019
    Toast & Jam, Inc 13

Jordan Hughes · Married on 10/19/2018

DJ Karin was the BEST!

Where to start! I cannot say enough good things about working with Karin at Toast & Jam - she was so pleasant to work with from the beginning, always listening to what we wanted and incorporating that into the music list. On the day of, she absolutely KILLED the reception - everyone commented on how many people were dancing, people of all ages! The dance floor was packed the entire night. She also did an amazing job recommending the flow of music for our ceremony. There is a reason why Toast & Jam is the highest rated DJ in Chicago - the price is well worth it!

Sent on 12/28/2018

Denise · Married on 10/12/2018

Toast & Jam All the way!

Norah ROCKED our wedding! She did such an amazing job at keeping the party and dancing going all night! Shes not only an awesome DJ but an awesome person as well. She listens to what you want for your special day and makes it more than you could have imagined. I most definitely recommend Toast & Jam and Norah for your event!

Sent on 11/08/2018

Caroline & Mike · Married on 10/12/2018

Highly Recommend!

Working with Toast & Jam was a great experience from start to finish. We started off unsure whether to look for a band or a DJ, but talking with DJ Dustin helped make that decision much easier. His level of experience and professionalism was very clear, and the fact that he had done weddings at our venue in the past made it clear that he’d be able to give us the experience we wanted from the evening. He was always very responsive and easy to work with, and he worked in our requests wonderfully. In what is probably the best review for a wedding DJ, the dance floor was crowded all night, and many of our guests commented throughout the night about how fun the music was! Overall, we would highly recommend working with Toast & Jam.

Sent on 11/11/2018

paula · Married on 09/22/2018

Norah did an AMAZING job at our wedding! My husband and I stayed on the dance floor for a little bit to get everyone else to come out, and we kept telling ourselves "ok next song, and we'll grab a drink" but couldn't leave the dance floor because she had the best set list ever! You did not want to miss out on any song! Norah was very friendly and approachable, she was responsive to my emails, and was easy to work with! If you're debating between using toast and jam and another dj company, stop debating and just go with toast and jam! They are awesome! I have no regrets in using them!

Thank you again Norah for making our wedding so incredibly awesome!

Sent on 09/12/2018

Nicole · Married on 09/08/2018

Kate and Rachel were really easy to work with! We loved every meeting we had with them and they KILLED it with the music at our ceremony and reception. The sound was spot on and they knew the venue like the back of their hand. They were thoughtful and guided everyone on how to use the microphone when needed. We never had any issues! Everything was perfect.

Sent on 09/10/2018

Lara · Married on 09/01/2018

Professional and Fantastic Music

Highly recommend Toast & Jam! DJ Dustin Drase did an excellent job as our DJ for our wedding at the Morton Arboretum. He did an great job MCing and dealt with a hiccup with Father/Daughter dance with grace. When it came time for the Father/Daughter dance, the Father of the bride was missing, and he helped look for him (we found him!). He also was very flexible with some last minute additions to the list of toasts. Dustin is very friendly and laid back, but absolutely professional when needed. We got a ton of complements from our guests (of multiple generations) on both the cocktail/dinner music and the dancing music! Our dance floor was packed the whole night! We feel really lucky to have had Dustin as our DJ. Thanks!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Natalie · Married on 08/25/2018

Kristin was amazing! She was flexible, fun and totally understood what we were going for with our music. Many of our guests said it was the best playlist they had heard at a wedding.

Sent on 09/06/2018
  • Kate

Kate O'Rourke · Married on 08/25/2018

Thank you Norah! Great DJ!!!

If you’re looking for an easy-going wedding DJ with GREAT taste in music, you’ve got your girl. We hired Norah with Toast & Jam for our August 2018 wedding. Throughout the day, she was patient and flexible in rolling with the punches and navigating lots (and lots and lots) of changes. She created the perfect playlists and adjusted to match the mood of the dance floor throughout the night. She made all the announcements we requested, but didn’t throw in anything cheesy (which was really important to us). She was easy to work with - highly recommend!!

Sent on 11/07/2018