267 Reviews for Toast & Jam, Inc

Microphones (17)
Liability Insurance (15)
Sound/PA System (15)
266 Toast & Jam, Inc Reviews

Toast and Jam made our wedding night the absolute best night and celebration we could have asked for. Tim and Olive were so great to work with- and seemed to have an unspoken and undeniable ability to read the energy of the room and turn it up a notch so that everyone stayed on the dance floor all night. Could not recommend them more highly!

Profile Picture Abby, 4/14/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We hired Dustin from Toast & Jam to DJ our wedding this February and were incredibly happy! We loved the music during the cocktail hour and dinner, and the dance floor could not have been more fun! Dustin kept the dance floor packed the entire night and played a great mix of music to get all of our guests dancing! It was easy working with him and he understood exactly what we were looking for!

Profile Picture Abby, 2/24/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

We had a blast with Toast and Jam's DJ, Shannon. She was so accommodating and played a variety of music! Our DJ even worked with us and was able to play some Polish music that was requested from our family. There was never a dull moment in or lull. The dance floor was always packed! I wish I could have another event and hire this company! Everyone enjoyed themselves and raved about the evening!

Profile Picture Annamarie, 2/3/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Toast & Jam did an incredible job at our wedding! They have around 20 DJs, and we were set up with DJ Ruby, who absolutely killed it. T&J's model is to avoid bland wedding music that everyone's heard and is tired of in favor of music that people actually want to hear, so they might not be for you if you're a huge chicken dance fan--for everyone else, though, they're great. DJ Ruby was incredibly sharp throughout the cocktail hour/wedding at reading the crowd, and it was a real pleasure working with her and T&J. We couldn't be happier.

Profile Picture Ryan, 1/13/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Tabitha was amazing!!!
She interviewed us and from our conversation gave us a night to remember!! We explained a vibe and feel for our wedding and she never missed a beat. We had various stages and locations within the MCA - all requiring music. We never once saw her move her speakers or system to accomplish the flow of the night.
One thing we did notice...the dance floor was NEVER empty!!!

Profile Picture Jeremy, 11/4/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List

Toast & Jam is the bomb! A huge shoutout to DJ Kristin — she absolutely killed it! Our 90s babies friends, college-aged cousins and grandparents were dancing the night away, These are a few things my husband and I were told many times throughout the night:

“She’s so freaking cool. Can she be at every wedding!?”

“I want to be her friend!! But seriously, can you introduce me?”

Do yourself a favor and hire Toast & Jam! Thank you for a fantastic and unforgettable evening Kristin — you rock!

Profile Picture Leah, 10/20/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

We LOVED DJ Jess! She was absolutely incredible, fun, and played the best music for our wedding. People didn't leave the dance floor and after the night was over, several of our guests said "I wish I could have a playlist of your wedding music." You will not go wrong with Toast & Jam!

Profile Picture Stefani, 10/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had the pleasure of having Karin DJ our wedding reception. From our initial meeting to our final meeting, she really took the time to listen to what we envisioned and walk us through our reception. Considering we had a multicultural wedding, she was receptive to including our Haitian music. Her transitions were smooth and she definitely played to the crowd's liking. We received so many compliments about Karin's work and we had such a blast partying!

Profile Picture Natalie, 10/7/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, MC

We had the most amazing time at our wedding, and Emily, our Toast & Jam DJ, made it all happen! She’s the only DJ we ever met, and it was love at first Ben Rector reference. She was excited by our alternative style and leaned in to obscure references. Plus, even though we only met twice in the year leading up to the wedding, she remembered every passing comment about songs that were special to our family, each of us, and to our friends. And she was tuned in to our Spotify playlists to get a sense of our style. Family members who never dance were out on the floor, and the variety kept everyone having a great time. Plus, since we didn’t have a planner, Emily gave us great advice about the timeline and helped to make sure we stuck to it by checking in throughout the reception. We couldn’t have picked a better DJ.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/16/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Do-Not-Play List, One Event Per Day

Hire Toast and Jam. Just do it. Evan was amazing!! I've gotten multiple texts and messages from our guests complementing our DJ at our wedding. He played all the right music and kept the party going. People were on the dance floor all night long. Evan, you're a rock star, and Lance and I appreciate all you did that day. Thanks!

Profile Picture Jean, 9/16/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Kristin Marks with Toast and Jam was absolutely AMAZING! Her personality is exactly what you want in a DJ and my guests did not stop commenting about how amazing the music was all night long, and how much fun Kristin looked like she was having playing it all. She took all of our requests and preferences and created a dream playlist. The dance floor was full all night long. I would HIGHLY recommend!!

Profile Picture amy, 9/8/17, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

We originally picked Toast & Jam due to the song list and the fact that there are so many female DJs. Jess did an amazing job at our Chicago downtown wedding. She blended our disparate tastes in music and multiple guests commented that they really liked the music. We had a first dance song picked out where we had parts choreographed and she edited the song for us in advance to shorten the overall duration but keep the parts we really liked. Also, we had a multi level venue and when it rained on the rooftop unexpectedly she was able to move the sound system seamlessly indoors and onto multiple floors. I highly recommend Toast & Jam and especially Jess!

Profile Picture Erin, 9/2/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Katie was awesome at keeping the party going and keeping everyone on the dance floor! She was everything we hoped for, and more! We met with her a few times before the wedding, so she could get a vibe of what we are looking for, which she caught perfectly. She was amazing at providing suggestions. So organized and on top of it!

Profile Picture Liz, 8/12/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

TOAST & JAM IS THE BEST! I went to a wedding that a DJ from toast and jam DJ-ed and it was so awesome, the dance floor was packed all night, with people of all ages. So when it was time to get married I got their info; I got a different DJ and she killed it too! Alli was the best, she got everyone on the dance floor no matter the age. She played the couple songs we really wanted and even did some scratching/mixing. At the end of the night everyone kept saying how awesome she was; I totally agree. Alli was super accommodating with some last minute introduction changes, and was super polite and nice to talk to. If you are getting married and want to have a dance party, hire toast and jam!!

Profile Picture Bridget, 7/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Toast & Jam was by far the best DJ service I’ve ever seen (and therefore used!) Ruby rocked our socks off at a friend’s wedding, so we requested her for ours! And then our other friends chose T & J for their wedding because of how highly we spoke of them! They truly are the best!

Profile Picture Jillian, 7/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Truly, truly the best. Dustin understood our vibe from our first meeting and made our experience smooth, and most of all, FUN! We got rave reviews after our wedding of guests desperate to know where we found him. The dance floor was bumping from the first minute it opened until after the lights came on. People had to be forced off the dancefloor! Dustin is brilliant, and made our wedding the best it could have been.

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/10/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

There is a reason that Toast & Jam has nearly 500 reviews on Yelp and a five star rating. And yes, this is how we found them.) Seriously, this team is incredible. My now husband and I worked with Emily and she is the best! She is a real pro with incredible experience (and some funny stories) and a really relaxed, fun personality. From the second she joins your team, you know that you’re in good hands and that having a busy dance floor is going to happen. Some additional things I like about Toast & Jam – the equipment is solid (for god’s sake, do not hire some guy you found on Craigslist), they’ve worked at venues all over the city (so aren’t running around the day-of not knowing what they’re doing), and their “pre-work” for song selection is solid. Seriously, it’s a nearly 10 page packet listing wedding music options from the last six decades. Circle what you like, cross out what you don’t, create the must/don’t playlist. They will take it from there! One thing I loved about Emily is that she said, “I don’t care how much money people are giving me. Unless they give me more than you did, they’re not going to get anything off the no playlist.” It was that kind of attitude that just made us laugh. Her arsenal of music also can't be beat with remixes that you didn't know existed.

Then on the day of, she delivered! She did the music for both our ceremony and reception and everything went perfectly. I keep hearing stories about DJs riding off the rails (read: playing Cha Cha & Electric Slide back-to-back) or playing songs on the don’t playlist. Emily gave us none of that and gave us the most fun dance party/90s sing-a-long party that we ever could have ask for on our wedding day. She kept the dance floor GOING. Everyone from my older uncles to our friends to my cousin’s little ones were crushing the dance floor. I give Emily all the credit and recommend her + Toast & Jam to anyone having a future Chicago wedding. Emily – thank you, THANK YOU!

Profile Picture Theresa, 5/27/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

When it came time to hire a DJ for our wedding, there was only one choice: Toast & Jam. All of my friends who’d had especially fun and memorable weddings had used them, so we knew we would, too. We went into the night with high expectations, and Tabitha did not disappoint. We Skyped with her a couple of times before the wedding to talk about what kind of music we liked and didn’t like, and we were able to send her a list of songs we’d like to hear, as well as songs we wouldn’t. We didn’t have to worry about goofy songs like The Chicken Dance or “Red Solo Cup” because these are already on Toast & Jam’s company do-not-play list. Tabitha put together an amazing playlist, politely declined to take requests, and made sure everyone had a great time! At one point about an hour into dancing, nearly everyone was still on the dance floor, including my 90-year old grandmother. Tabitha was also super accommodating of my husband’s surprise boy band dance and made sure that she didn’t spoil the surprise for me. Seriously, look no further. Hire Tabitha, and you and your guests will have the most fabulous time dancing the night away!

Profile Picture Emily, 4/22/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were originally assigned a DJ who wasn’t a good fit for us, we weren’t jiving. We let Toast and Jam know, and they reassigned us to Karin. Karin was awesome! She was always professional and responded to our messages quickly. She asked the right questions (things we hadn’t even thought of) and gave us suggestions when we didn’t have ideas about music. All of the contract details and payment information was clear and easy to deal with. With the two pre-wedding meetings (which we could do over phone/Skype) and the extensive song list we were given to review, we felt prepared and that there wasn’t anything for us to worry about on our wedding day. And that was true! Karin came up to us at the reception to introduce herself to us in person, but we didn’t have to think about or do anything related to the music on our wedding day. She took care of her own set-up (spoke directly to our venue to coordinate) and played a steady mix for cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. We personally enjoyed the music which flowed throughout the night, and we received many compliments about our DJ. Karin did a wonderful job as an emcee and had a calm, easygoing, fun, professional vibe. She facilitated the speeches, special dances, and announcements perfectly. We couldn’t have asked for a better DJ.

Profile Picture Michelle, 3/11/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Toast & Jam truly brought the party for our wedding. DJ Emily was a breeze to work with; she really took the time to get to know us and understand our quirky musical taste and the cultivate a night of music that matched it perfectly. She ensured that sound was perfect in our space throughout the ceremony and reception and really responded to the crowd's needs. (DJ Emily also let me cut the feet out of her back up tights and use them as socks to cover my blisters to keep me dancing!) We can't recommend Toast & Jam's vibe enough; it made out reception feel classy and put together and not like it was out of some 80's prom movie -- even when that was the music we were listening to!!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 3/11/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

We had multiple friends recommend Toast + Jam when we were beginning to look for a DJ for our wedding and let me tell you, they did not disappoint. Toast + Jam has a bunch of DJs on the team and most of them are women — I just love that! They’re also all about NOT being cheesy and cliche, so I knew we were going to be in safe hands on our wedding day. We worked with DJ Kristin and just loved her from our first conversation. She has the best energy and is just fun to be around. T+J has a great comprehensive song list to get you started when you’re thinking about music — it’s a perfect jumping off point and makes it so easy to communicate the feel and vibe you want. On our wedding day, Kristin was so fantastic and provided the perfect ambiance for cocktail hour, great dinner tunes, and completely rocked the reception — the dance floor was packed through the very last song. We still have friends and family talking about how great our DJ was and strongly recommend Toast + Jam (and DJ Kristin!) to anyone looking for a great DJ in Chicago.

Profile Picture Kit, 2/11/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had Dustin Drase as our DJ for our wedding on 12/17/16. He was amazing! From the beginning, he understood our vision for the wedding music. He sat down with us and went through all our music choices. He was so easy to work with and accommodating to our song choices. When it came to the wedding day, we were blown away by him. From the ceremony to the cocktail hour to the dinner to the dance music, Dustin did a fantastic job. Several people commented that it was the best wedding music they have ever heard. He was able to create the exact vibe we were going for. So much so that when the music ended at midnight, guests on the dance floor begged for more! Dustin helped create a fantastic party that people are still talking about. If you are considering hiring Toast & Jam, do it! And request Dustin if possible!!

Profile Picture Allison, 12/17/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

We thought the other reviews and promises on their website might be an exaggeration, but trust me -- every word is true! Our guests didn't leave the dance floor from the moment the music started until the venue closed down. Kate did a wonderful job picking songs that fit us and our guests, and did a fabulous job during the ceremony too. They're definitely the best DJs in Chicago!

Profile Picture Robert, 12/10/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were referred to T&J by a friend who used them for their wedding and we are SO happy we did! We had Kate for our wedding and we got along really well from the moment we met. She made planning the day really easy; we could tell she had DJ'd tons of weddings before. We gave her a ton of freedom in music and only said we wanted to dance a lot, and she absolutely delivered -- the dance floor was packed until the lights came on! And there was great variety too, so that people of all ages got out and danced. The music for the ceremony was perfection, as was the cocktail hour/dinner. I'm not sure how she does it, but she just knows the right song to play at the right time. It felt like we had a friend up there choosing our favorite songs. We would book T+J again without question, and you should too.

Profile Picture Nancy, 12/4/16, 3 Reviews