to Make Beautiful Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Cynthia M. Getting married on 01/06/2024

5 Stars from beginning to end

Kimberlee and Angela were my team for my intimate city hall wedding day. From the inquiry to the day of service itself - they were unbelievable. Professional, attentive, kind, flexible, prompt and personable. I was beyond happy with both my hair and make-up. Will definitely HIGHLY recommend and use To Make Beautiful again! Thank you Angela and Kimberlee!
    Joy A. Married on 10/07/2022

Great! Would highly recommend

I hired Kim & her team at To Make Beautiful for my wedding yesterday, October 7th, 2022 & I can’t say enough kind words about my experience! Kim personally did my make up, it was natural, flawless & just all around perfect! She was very professional, upbeat & made sure my big bridal party was happy with their services at all times. Kim went above & beyond to make my special day so perfect! If you’re looking for beauty services for your wedding or event, I would HIGHLY recommend Kim & her amazing team! 5 star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • Caitlynne
    Caitlynne Married on 09/02/2022

Above and beyond

From amazing makeup that one budge, to helping bridesmaids get dressed this woman does it all. Her personality, perfection and professionalism is what sold me at my trial. I had gone to THREE other MUA’s it wasn’t until I got here that I finally had hope that my make up would look amazing on my wedding day. Day of she was such a radiant of ray of positivity & prepared for everything. She applied these super light lashes that you couldn’t even feel & they looked amazing. When she was cleaning up some of my girls had tag on their dresses well she was right behind them helping the snip them off & help others fix their straps she was like the momma bear to us all. I couldn’t have asked for such a better person with the amazing skill she has to have been there. Thank you so much !!

to Make Beautiful's reply:

Caitlyn, thank you so very much! loved meeting you and being a part of your big day.. please keep in touch and send some beautiful photos when you can. Kim
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Jessica
    Jessica D. Married on 06/26/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best hair and makeup in the NorthShore

Kim, Jessica and other team members from To Make Beautiful made our wedding dreams come true. They were super nice and very flexible, as we kept adding people to the wedding party for hair and makeup. The trial (which I recommend) went well, and the day of the wedding, my hair and makeup was absolutely stunning. It survived the 85 degree heat for 12 hours!! I have oily skin too and so I didn't think it would make it. I had it done in the morning, and by 11:30 at night it was still flawless. Everyone told me I looked like a supermodel on my wedding day. The team including Jessica came to our hotel and were very accommodating. They made all my bridesmaids look amazing! I most highly recommend them. Now I have beautiful pictures from that day and I owe it all to them!
  • Lisamarie
    Lisamarie D. Married on 06/25/2022

Highly recommend!

I had the absolute best experience with Kim and everyone else at To Make Beautiful! Dana, Jess, Jordan, and Angela were all incredible to work with on my wedding day. They fit right in with my bridal party and we had so much fun getting ready all morning. Everyone loved their final looks. I would highly recommend them for any bride!
    Claire C. Married on 05/28/2022

Amazing work

Kimberlee and her staff could not have been more helpful and professional in our experience with hiring them for our wedding day. We had a very large group and they were able to accommodate us, even the last minute wedding day-of changes. Everyone looked beautiful and was very happy with their hair and makeup. They were very flexible and reliable, and we loved working with them. I would recommend To Make Beautiful to my friends and family in the future.
    Marie Married on 04/30/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Absolutely wonderful experience twice!!

I had an absolutely amazing experience with To Make Beautiful! I got married during covid restrictions in a small ceremony in May 2021 They did such a wonderful job that when we had our delayed wedding reception In April 2022 I booked with them again. I got so many compliments on my hair and makeup at both events. Specifically Jordan and Ashley did an amazing job - they listened to exactly what I wanted and brought it to life! Kimberlee the owner is so easy to work with and quick to respond to any questions! Highly recommend to anyone looking for beautiful hair and makeup on their big day!
    Brianna I. Married on 10/30/2021

Highly recommend!

Kim was absolutely amazing! She is so talented and so sweet! We had so much fun at my trial and even more fun while getting ready for my wedding. My makeup looked perfect and exceeded my expectations. I would definitely recommend working with Kim and To Make Beautiful!
  • Kristin
    Kristin S. Married on 10/16/2021

Drop Dead Gorgeous!!

Honestly, where do I even begin. Look no further!!! Kim and her team GOTCHU!!! on your wedding day!!!

Choosing a makeup artist was the hardest vendor to pick. I never wear make up, more than just eyeliner on occasion. I did not want my face to look like it wasn't me, or that there was a bunch of caked on makeup on my face either. I wanted a natural look with a little "umph" and boy did Kim NAIL IT! I went to see Kim for a trial with my MOH, and I'm so glad I went to the trial and I had somebody with me. I knew my MOH would give me her honest opinion as well, since she's more into make-up than I am. I'm so glad I did the trial because I really did like the make up Kim did, but after a few hours went by, I knew I wanted something a little lighter. I also went to Kim a few weeks before our wedding to get a lash lift and tint. I had no idea what it was but I was willing to trust Kim and let her do her magic.

Fast forward to our wedding day and Kim made it happen!! Her talent is beyond extraordinary. She really listened to me and focused her time and energy on all the girls to give them exactly what they wanted. Everyone looked absolutely beautiful!!

Kim's responsiveness overall was impeccable. She replied within 1-2 hours for most of my emails, but without a doubt, she replied within 24-48 hours. She was so professional, beyond flexible and totally understanding! Even after our wedding, I'm still going back to her salon to get my lash lift and tint done! Plus, she offers 15% off her services to her bridal clients!

Ladies, choose To Make Beautiful!!! You will not regret it!!
  • Cori
    Cori L. Married on 10/10/2021

Amazing Makeup Artist!!

I was very nervous to get my makeup done because in the past as I never had the best experience. When I met with Kim for my trial, she really understood what I wanted. She is so friendly, professional and the makeup looked AMAZING. I just felt so pretty and confident. When it came time for my Wedding, WOW. It is really all I can say. Kim was punctual and she made me feel very calm and excited for the big day! She brought Jordan and they both did such a phenomenal job on my Wedding party. Everyone looked so gorgeous and it was great to see my makeup lasted through the night! I cannot recommend To Make Beautiful enough!!

to Make Beautiful's reply:

This means so much!!! I appreciate you so much. You are so gracious and grateful and gorgeous! thank you for having us be a part of your wedding day! Mazel tov
    Nicole P. Married on 09/25/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing! Extremely professional and helpful.

I got married in September of 2021 and Kim and Wilmary were two of the best parts of my wedding! Kim was super professional. She always answered all of my email questions immediately and offered up times to chat through any follow ups I might have. She was very transparent with pricing and friendly, which made it very comfortable to book with her. On the actual day of the wedding, Kim was so professional, nice, and friendly that it felt like having an amazingly talented friend there to do makeup. I've had my makeup done at a few weddings and this is the first wedding that my bridesmaids and myself have loved our own makeup. Kim really knows how to find the right makeup for each person!

As for hair, Wilmary was great! I have very thin hair and she made it look amazing and thick. All of my bridesmaids have very different hair types and hair preferences and she made it all work easily and look effortless. Wilmary even finished all of our hair early and then applied touch ups to anyone that wanted them.

I would highly recommend hiring ToMakeBeautiful - they were one of the least stressful/best parts of my wedding!

to Make Beautiful's reply:

Oh wow Nicole oh, thank you ever so much. This is the best part of my work! I appreciate you choosing us and I appreciate you taking the time to write such an elaborate review. You were such a dream to work with, always gracious and appreciative. It was our pleasure. We are wishing you all of the best and the new married life. Thank you so!
    Alison B. Married on 09/18/2021

Easy, fun, and beautiful

Loved working with Kim. She did my trial and day of make up and also ended doing my mom and matron of honors makeup. We all loved how we looked and felt listened to and so relaxed. Highly recommend Kim!!!
    Debra Married on 09/12/2021

Kim & team are the best

I truly loved working with Kim and her team! I went up to her spa for my trial prior to my wedding and fell in love with her and Dana! They were so much fun and brought that big energy bright and early on my big day! Everybody loved their hair/makeup so much and looked beautiful. Kim even stepped into re-touch me after I ruined her work with my tears..(sorry again, Kim!!) Kim and her team are professional and very organized. She has lots of experience and wants nothing but the best for you on your day. She planned the timing with my coordinator so we didn't feel rushed and communicated with me prior as well. I know this year has been so busy for everybody in the wedding business, but these ladies managed to work with such grace even after coming from another wedding that was far away just the night before. Kim and team, keep up the beautiful work and energy; you ladies are the best!!

to Make Beautiful's reply:

Omg!! I'm so touched by this! What an amazing review. Love surprises. You were so awesome and easy to work with.. were can't thank you and wish you all the best!!!!
  • Chrissy
    Chrissy T. Married on 08/28/2021

So talented!!

To Make Beautiful did the hair and make up for my bridal party. I have had my hair done a few times as a bridesmaid and never really like how it comes out so I was really nervous. I shouldn't have been because it came out AMAZING - better than my wildest dreams. Same with my makeup. My sisters and mom were also so happy with how theirs came out. I felt so at ease with the girls who helped us and completely trusted them. They are so super talented. Hire To Make Beautiful for your big day!!
    Sarah W. Married on 07/17/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Kim and her team are the BEST!

Kim and her team are absolutely amazing! I worked with Kim for pre wedding prep (waxing, stress treatments etc.) and Dana and Jess on the day of my wedding. I had shown them pictures throughout the planning process and they created looks that matched my vision but also met my hair and skin needs. They were so much fun and all of my bridesmaids and my mother and mother in law felt so beautiful and confident all day! I look forward to working with Kim in the future and highly recommend her entire team!
  • Katie
    Katie C. Married on 07/10/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Look no further for your wedding day hair and make up vendor!

From our very first e-mail exchange, Kim was very friendly, easy to talk to and approachable. My trial instilled so much confidence in me, and I knew she was the person I NEEDED to do my make up on my wedding day. On the big day, Kim and her girls made the getting ready process so easy, enjoyable and fun! I cannot say enough good things about To Make Beautiful Esthetics- even my bridesmaids were gushing over the way they looked (and trust me- they're picky!) Every woman deserves to look and feel their very best on their wedding day, and Kim makes sure that every little detail fits your vision.
    Leilani Married on 07/09/2021

Truly Amazing

Like many others, our wedding was postponed from July 2020 to July 2021. In 2021, when coordinating with all my vendors, my original make-up artist that I booked was not communicating in a timely manner, would send constant updates to the artist assigned. After the the 3rd change and almost zero contact in 2-3 weeks I had to move on...it was the best decision ever. I found To Make Beautiful online and after all the positive reviews I reached out. Kim was not only extremely responsive but so friendly and kind. I met Kim in-person during my trial and she had such great positive energy - made me feel at ease. I knew immediately that my bridal party and my mom would love her...which they did. She was so attentive to each of them and helpful when they had questions. I could hear everyone laughing and truly enjoying themselves. Plus - everyone (including myself) was getting so many compliments on make-up that evening. I would highly recommend To Make Beautiful and Kim!
    Paula Married on 05/15/2021

Best in Boston

Kim and her team were absolutely the easiest part of planning, rescheduling during the chaos of the pandemic.
    They know how to perfectly coordinate the timing of getting everyone done on time and beautiful! Our venue, The Beauport Gloucester recommended them and we were above pleased with everything from the communication, sanitation, makeup, hair, contract and the entire experience. I was never concerned about a thing regarding makeup and hair!

100% - BOOK THEM!

Emily B. Married on 05/02/2021

Amazing!! Best day ever

Kim and her team were absolutely amazing. They all were professional and made us all look and feel beautiful the day of my wedding. Kim was also so so so wonderful when it came to working with me on rescheduling three separate times as my wedding kept getting pushed back due to covid. I couldn’t recommend Kim and To Make Beautiful enough!
    Thelma P. Married on 10/11/2020

Thelma and Greg

I can’t thank Kim and Angela enough for making us beautiful at my wedding. Kim did an amazing job with our make up despite of last minute arrangement due to COVID. My bridesmaids and I were so pleased how gorgeous our hair looked. Until now we still talk about how beautiful we were that day, Kim and Angela made it possible, they exceeded our expectations.
  • Amy
    Amy C. Married on 08/09/2020

Amazing Experience--Highly Recommend!

To Make Beautiful was a preferred vendor through my wedding venue, and I could not be happier that I chose them to do my wedding day hair and makeup! I can’t say enough how great an experience I had with them from start to finish.

When I had my makeup trial back in early March of 2020, Kim was so personable and fun, and she did my makeup even better than how I envisioned it. When COVID-19 shut everything down days later, I got a little worried that my November 2020 wedding might not happen.

Over the next several months, my now husband and I decided to push our date up to take advantage of summer weather, and decided to have an outdoor micro wedding in August of 2020 instead. When I told Kim about the change in plans and asked if she was available on our new date, she was incredibly flexible and excited to work with me and my wedding party.

Kim has been so easy to communicate with and super reliable. She answered emails almost immediately and made the process so easy. She and hair stylist, Angela, arrived right on time the day of the wedding, wore masks the whole time, sanitized all of their equipment thoroughly, and got me and the three other ladies in my wedding party looking and feeling gorgeous, all while keeping things moving right on schedule and having fun while doing it. Everyone’s hair and makeup looked perfect and lasted the whole day, even after a windy dinner on an outdoor deck!

I would highly recommend Kim and Angela from To Make Beautiful to anyone. Their best qualities were how responsive, flexible, talented, and professional they were, which is especially impressive to pull off in the face of a global pandemic. And on top of that, they were super fun and easy to work with the day of. I’ll always think of how easy they made getting ready, and how beautiful and confident they made me feel the day of my wedding. Can’t wait to go back and use them for future events!

to Make Beautiful's reply:

Awww Amy!! Our pleasure.! so thankful to have been a part of your amazing wedding thank you so much hope to see you in the future!
    Heather P. Married on 04/18/2020

Amazing, fun, enjoyable

Kim, Dana, Angela & Gina were amazing to work with! From my first meeting with Kim for my bridal makeup trial I knew she and her team would be the ones I wanted to have there on my wedding day. The talent alone makes for an easy decision. However, everyone's down to earth, easy to talk to, friendly attitude is what made the experience most enjoyable. Kim & her team were always quick to respond and happy to do so when I would reach out. I'm so incredibly happy with the outcome of my hair and makeup. Kim did my makeup and she did an outstanding job capturing my vision for what I wanted for my wedding day makeup, simple yet elegant. Angela did a perfect job on my hair and even helped me custom cut a hair accessory I had to make it look just the way I wanted! I would 100/10 recommend To Make Beautiful to any bride to be or for just anyone looking for a new skincare place. I'm very excited to continue seeing Kim for facials and such. She is the best!
    Sincerely,
    Heather P.
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa Married on 04/04/2020

Forever Grateful

Kim and her team of stylists made myself and the ladies I love feel like queens on my wedding day! I cannot thank them enough! I have never felt so beautiful in my entire life as I did that day and the rest of my party said the same. Not only did you guys get all of us done in good time but our hair and makeup was on point!!! We could walk with confidence and our outward beauty showing our inward beauty! And above all else you all were warm, welcoming and fun! The talent within you and those you have added to your team is outstanding! I wish I had a more exciting life and could have you do my makeup all the time! If you have an event coming up, and want to walk in and make a statement, like I did at my Wedding, you need to hire these ladies!! Thank you! I am forever grateful!!
    Amanda Married on 07/12/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The Best Make-Up and Hair !

Kim and Angela are amazing! I couldn’t be happier with how my make-up and hair came out for my wedding day! Highly recommend!!

to Make Beautiful's reply:

Awwww you are so amazing! We love our Willowdale brides!! I hope to see you for another amazing event soon.
  • Bridget
    Bridget T. Married on 04/26/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Would recommend to my best friend

I had the best experience with Kim, who did my makeup for my wedding in April. Not only is she extremely talented and professional, but Kim is very kind and easy to talk to. I was extremely lucky to find her just a few weeks before my big day.

When I visited Kim for my trial, we tried a few different looks. I wasn't really sure how I saw myself as a bride. Kim worked with me to find a look that really felt like me but more glamorous. She wanted me to be happy with the result and was more than willing to try different things to get me there.

A week before my wedding day, my brother (who was my man of honor) got a black eye at my husband's bachelor party. I panicked. When I told Kim what happened, she didn't bat (a voluminous) eyelash. Not only did she put me at ease but she was able to cover up the bruise perfectly. I could not be more impressed.

I would -- and have -- recommended Kim to my best friend. Thank you Kim for everything you did to help make my wedding day wonderful!

to Make Beautiful's reply:

Aww!! You are the sweetest! So absolutely amazing to be a part of your day.we wish you all the best in your new married life! Thank you for choosing us.
illustration stars