Tmak Artistry Reviews

41 Reviews for Tmak Artistry

41 Tmak Artistry Reviews
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 10/21/2017

I used Tmak Artistry for my October 21, 2017 wedding. I did not have Tiffany but Martha as my main makeup/hair stylist. Tiffany had another engagement the same day, but she recommended Martha for my hair/makeup and praised her professionalism and talent. While a little concerned, I was blown away by how wonderful Martha was. She did my bridal trial and was incredibly patient with every little idea or adjustment I wanted. She never imposed or tried to sway my mind, she only made suggestions and used my feedback to guide her work towards my ideal look.

On the day of the wedding, Martha arrived early and worked efficiently to style 6 people and to finish by 3pm (which she definitely succeeded in!). While Martha was doing our makeup, another stylist Norma was working on our hair. Martha was friendly and cheerful, easily getting along with my bridal party. As for myself, Martha herself did both my hair and makeup to ensure it turned out exactly what we did for my bridal trial. When our photographer/videographer arrived, Martha was very cooperative and worked with them to ensure that they got the shots they wanted. She easily switched between finishing the rest of my bridal party to accommodating their requests. Her friendly and easy demeanor was a blessing and allowed me to relax and enjoy the day. When I left to do my first look, Martha was still there when I returned. In my rush to leave, I had completely forgotten about her! Ever the gracious person, Martha sweetly helped me add on my veil and gave me final makeup touchups and tips. I will be forever grateful for Martha and her team in making my bridal party and I feel extra beautiful on my wedding day. The pictures turned out GORGEOUS!

With Tmak Artistry, you are guaranteed a wonderful team of the BEST people on your big day. And when I mean the best, I not only mean that in talent and skill, but also in personality and kindness!! Thank you Tiffany and Martha for being such an integral part of my wedding :)

Tmak Artistry 1
    Tmak Artistry 2

Linda · Married on 09/30/2017

Collaborated with Tiffany on a styled shoot and she did such a wonderful job! Had shown a few inspiration photos and she was spot on for makeup and hair. Definitely would work together again in the future!

Anh · Married on 09/30/2017

Tiffany is great! I loved my hair and makeup on my wedding day. I didn't really know what look I wanted, I sent her some pictures of what I like and she made it happen.

• Megan

Megan · Married on 09/29/2017

Tiffany was awesome! She made everyone look and feel so beautiful at my wedding, myself included :) I gave her a tight timeline and no other real direction. Every woman in my party wanted a slightly different look (more natural to heavier) and she seamlessly accommodated every request. I highly recommend her work.

Annie · Married on 08/12/2017

Tiffany was amazing! She listened to exactly what I wanted and was very flexible with me and my ever-changing beauty vision. I felt so beautiful on my day & her sweet personality was a fun addition to the bridal suite. I would 100% recommend her to any bride.

Malisa · Married on 06/24/2017

If you want someone flexible, courteous, and talented who will give you exactly what you ask for and more, pick Tiffany! She did my hair exactly like the photo, and has an array of styles she can do in her repertoire. My makeup was flawless and stayed on all day, night (and admittedly into the next day as I couldn't bear to wipe it off and ended up taking it out for another spin the following evening--that's how good it was).

Kelly · Married on 05/06/2017

Tiffany Mak of TMAK Artistry is amazing! She and her team did such a wonderful job on my hair and makeup for the wedding! The whole process I felt very relaxed, she is very personable and easy to talk to, and gave me lots of options if I had a certain idea in mind. She also had a lot of experience and was able to help me decide what look to go with to achieve the perfect wedding day look I was envisioning. I cannot recommend her enough!

Tmak Artistry 3
    Tmak Artistry 4

Jonna · Married on 03/30/2017

Tiffany did makeup for me and my wife for a popup wedding in DC. I've never had my makeup professionally done and I was nervous. I showed Tiffany one pic of a look I liked and she went to work! Tiffany is very skilled, confident and she has a fun personality. My makeup looked great but I still looked like "me." Yay!!!

• Y

Yoshi · Married on 10/14/2016

Tiffany was so flexible and professional in her services! After the initial makeup and hair trial, I wanted to switch up my makeup look, and she listened to all my requests and made me feel beautiful on my day. I received so many compliments on my hair and makeup, and it turned out exactly the way I wanted it. The look was never overdone, so I still felt like a prettier and more glamorous version of myself on my wedding day. She also knows how to work with different face structures and facial features, and really did an amazing job. I would highly recommend Tiffany over and over again!

Elizabeth · Married on 09/17/2016

Always on time, work as a true team, and I loved loved my hair and makeup the day of wedding. I would absolutely recommend them to a friend.

soo jin · Married on 09/10/2016

I was recommended to Tmak Artistry by a friend for wedding make up. My wedding was on September 10th, 2016. Tmak was incredibly sweet and accommodating to all of my bridesmaids and their make up preferences. She's very talented and did such an amazing job on everyone's make up! The make up looked natural and not overdone. It was exactly what I wanted and expected and couldn't be any happier.

• stephanie

stephanie · Married on 08/21/2016

Tiffany was great. Responsive via emails and phone and showed up on time. She was helpful with tips and tricks at the trial for the big day. We did hair and make up for all 6 bridesmaids, me and my mom with Tiffany. She came up to Rye, NY in the morning for the wedding. My hair and makeup lasted ALL day!! I had airbrush and curls, no touch up needed. It was an August wedding, hot and humid. The curls stayed in tack and even my waterline was not smudged. Thanks Tiffany for making me look so glamorous on my wedding day!

Ja'el · Married on 04/27/2016

I THOROUGHLY enjoyed Tmak Artistry's services during The Wedding Event at The Observatory at America's Square! My make-up was perfectly matched, evenly distributed, and FLAWLESS. As an African American woman I was extremely impressed by Tiffany's eye for color and design. Not only was she efficient with her time, she also managed to give me tips on different products to try!

Jennifer · Married on 04/10/2016

Tiffany was so accommodating and such a pleasure to work with! I'd highly recommend her to anyone looking for high quality hair and makeup services.

Jamie · Married on 03/19/2016

I worked with TMak on a styled photo shoot and we got along really well. TMak knows what's best for your hair type, face shape, skin color, etc. She's incredibly professional and made our model look absolutely gorgeous! I definitely recommend booking her for your next event :)

Gabrielle · Married on 03/18/2016

Tiffany was a pleasure to work with. She was on time, very professional, and had great communication leading up to event. I would definitely use her again and recommend her.

Jenny · Married on 03/06/2016

I am a makeup novice, so I was relieved when someone with Tiffany's skills did my makeup for my girlfriends and I. She was very honest about what she felt would work for us and provided several options for us to choose from. Once we picked a look (I prefer dramatic eyes and subtle lip color and not too much emphasis on my already protruding cheekbones), she got to work and was very diligent and did a fantastic job. The entire time she was dong my makeup, I couldn't help but notice that HER makeup was also impeccably done. Now that's a sign of a great makeup artist.

I recently worked with Tmak Artistry at an event and they were fabulous! They were super responsive during the planning process, and showed up early on the day of the event! At our event they were able to give good make up advise and even show some of our guests how to apply certain products! Our guests loved them! If you are looking for a make up artist for your wedding, we would definitely recommend Tmak Artistry!

Darlene · Married on 10/11/2015

Tiffany is awesome! She really knows her stuff. She's easy to work with, and she takes the time to listen to what you really want. She has done an amazing job with my makeup multiple times and I would call on her for all occasions without question. She's a natural at work and will make you look the best you each and every time. I trust her completely because she can deliver and exceed expectations. I promise you won't regret working with her!

Michelle · Married on 10/10/2015

Tmak Artistry exceeded my expectations in every way and went far and beyond imaginable. I've heard great things about her work, therefore, I felt at ease knowing I was in good hands. Tmak was very professional to work with and I could not have wished for anything better than what she did. I felt so beautiful and flawless, and my makeup stayed perfect the whole day. She is absolutely wonderful and has an amazing talent for what she does! I would highly recommend her to anyone. Thank you Tmak!

Sarah · Married on 08/08/2015

Tiffany did a great job for my wedding day. I wanted a very natural look and she did just that and didn't go over board. Tiffany was very professional and great to work with!

Tiffany was awesome! Not only was she flexible with MY time, she was also very prompt and professional. Tiffany paid attention to the littlest details that I didn't even notice at first.

I love that she made me look glamorous, but yet not too vampy.

Tiffany also gave me tips on how to do my own makeup for day-to-day looks. And provided recs of make up for my skin type.

Would definitely hire her again for possibly another shoot!

I was introduced to Tiffany through a friend. After a phone conversation with her, I decided to hire her for my wedding day after seeing only one other MUA team. She was easy to talk to and very thorough in understanding my skin type and makeup preferences.

For my trial, she and the hairstylist, Eddie, arrived early to my apartment and they were both super flexible and accommodating even though I was in the middle of cooking dinner. I had told her the kind of look I wanted beforehand, which she nailed. She then modified it a little just to show me an alternative look, taking the extra time to also tell me her opinion, which I agreed with.

Fast forward to the day of, Tiffany, Eddie, and another assistant arrived at 7am to my parents' house. I had signed with her to do my makeup, as well as for my mom and my bridesmaids. My bridesmaids were not super helpful and asked Tiffany to do what she felt looked best on them and she delivered. I also changed up what I wanted at the last minute from what we had discussed at my trial - the final look was perfect. Eddie also understood exactly how I wanted my hair done after I gave him my thoughts after the trial.

What was also super helpful for me was that both Tiffany and Eddie spoke Cantonese, which made doing my mom's makeup so much easier. If I could award extra stars for eliminating the language barrier, I would.

My bridal party and I were so happy with our hair and makeup. The team took their time to listen to what we wanted, what were didn't like and made us feel amazing. It was the most relaxing experience, I didn't have to worry about waking up early to drive to a salon and time every minute that passed by. The beauty team arrived at our hotel room with everything they needed, set up and got right to work. I'm so glad I decided to hire Tmak Artistry to come to us, it was such a great way to start the day.