Timberlake Earth Sanctuary Reviews

Timberlake Earth Sanctuary 6
Timberlake Earth Sanctuary 7
  • Iris

Iris · Married on 10/20/2018

A truly perfect wedding weekend

We spent two days visiting all of the venues on our wishlist. After seeing seven places, it was obvious which venue we would get married at. From the moment we drove in, we felt overwhelmed by how sacred everything seemed. The owner of the property, along with her sidekicks Jess and Mei-Ling, made us feel welcomed and present. We were barely down the driveway before my fiance and I blurted out that this was the place.

Besides the fact that you get to take over the property from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon, the people made it worth it. We visited several times and emailed often over the next year of planning. Each time made us more excited.

Being able to set up home base at the treehouse was a real treat. After we were married in the woodlands (so beautiful!), we snuck away to take some photos on a bridge by the lake. When we got back, our wedding planner had set up our dinner in the treehouse for us to enjoy alone. That ended up being one of most cherished memories from our wedding day.

We had some rain and cold weather that week and made the decision to rent space heaters. If you need to do the same, I'd recommend getting three space heaters for the corners of the patio. We put the walls down on the tent (except for the part between the open patio and the covered part), which helped keep the warm air in. Also, our guests were treated to golf cart rides if they needed one. Jess and Cyndy were taking laps all evening for us. We invited 160 people and were nervous that we'd run of out space if it were raining. We ended up with 113 guests and the space was great. We had plenty of room to spread out.

I have to say that I appreciated how much freedom we were given. We were able to decorate and set up any way we chose. We also hosted a big welcome party Friday night and a brunch on Sunday, and were able to extend our rental an additional 2 hours to clean up on Sunday afterward (although honestly, we didn't need it).

Hands down, Timberlake Earth Sanctuary was the best decision we made for our wedding. It set the theme for everything else - to be calm, present and sacred. We are so thankful to the whole crew at Timberlake for making our wedding the best weekend of our lives.

Sent on 11/20/2018

Timberlake Earth Sanctuary's reply:

Thank you so much for your thoughtful and descriptive reflections Iris! Your love and appreciation for Timberlake has meant so much to us and now we have the joy of carrying so many special memories of your wedding day with us. We feel so blessed that you and Dan are now a part of the Timberlake family :)

Erica · Married on 06/09/2018

We could not have imagined a more perfect venue for our wedding! It was an amazing weekend! The Timberlake staff was great throughout the whole process! They were quick to respond if I had any questions leading up to the wedding. Their professionalism and respect were top notch. They were easy to talk to and beyond friendly. They care about their property and they cared to make our day as perfect as can be! I consider ourselves guest on the property and they were fantastic hosts! I felt welcome the entire time. We’re so glad to be a part of the Timberlake family. Also, the property really allows you to make it into what you envision. For someone who gets stressed easily, I have to say that for my wedding weekend, I did not feel rushed, stressed, or anything that resembles negativity. This place embodies tranquility and peace. If you love trees and amazing people, Timberlake Earth Sanctuary is the wedding location for you! Thank you, Timberlake for making my dreams come true!

Sent on 07/15/2018

Timberlake Earth Sanctuary's reply:

Thank you for this thoughtful review Erica & Andrew. It was a great blessing to play such a big role in your special day!

Lindley · Married on 06/01/2018

Within minutes of driving through Timberlake Earth Sanctuary, we knew this is where we would be married. The beauty begins the minute you drive under the big wooden signs. As we drove through at nature's pace, our hearts were sold. When I met owner, Carolyn Toben, I immediately felt like I had known her all of my life. Her grace, kindness, and gentle energy is magnificent and from the moment we arrived we were treated like family. As she told us the story of the land and how it has evolved through the years, we immediately wanted to pay respect and gratitude to a space that has absorbed so much love. TES allowed us to visit multiple times to view the venue throughout the wedding process and were very quick to answer any questions we had. Staff members Jess, Michelle, and Cyndy were so helpful in guiding us and providing tours to friends and family.. even in the pouring rain! We really appreciated the flexibility in allowing us to create our dream wedding on such sacred and beautiful grounds. The spirit of the land is all consuming and you will leave rested, connected with Earth's magic, and grateful for the beauty that surrounds you in your life. Our wedding day was so special and absolutely gorgeous! This year, there were beautiful purple Larkspur flowers in full bloom and our guests were raving about them! Our wedding photos were so amazing. Staff were always around to make sure we were taken care of and happy to be a part of our experience. Our friends loved meeting folks at TES and we genuinely feel like it is a second home now.

TES is a wonderful place for more than just weddings and I recommend spending time there for other types of gatherings. I look forward to spending more time there this fall. My husband and I are looking forward to a couple's retreat to process and connect once more at the end of the summer! TES provides you with a space to celebrate life and love in the most magical setting. You will see once you get there, go check it out!!

Sent on 07/17/2018

Timberlake Earth Sanctuary's reply:

Wow! Lindley and Ryan, we cannot thank you enough for such a beautiful and heartfelt review. We will always remember the thoughtful care and intention that you put into your ceremony and wedding as a whole. It resonated deeply with us here. We feel blessed to know you both and to be able to call you family! THANK YOU!! :)

Alexandra · Married on 05/26/2018

Timberlake is beyond incredible. The second we stepped foot on that sacred land, we knew it was right. The beautiful land owner, Carolyn, is one of the most amazing women we have ever met, and graciously performed our wedding ceremony at our request. Everyone is so warm, inviting, and always willing to help from their heart. We heard so many compliments from our guests telling us that it was the best wedding they had ever been too. We believe a very large part of that is the sanctuary itself. We are already planning to return for our one year anniversary celebration and would highly recommend this breathtaking land for any couple wanting a one-of-a-kind nature setting.

Sent on 07/28/2018
    Timberlake Earth Sanctuary 15
    Timberlake Earth Sanctuary 16
    Timberlake Earth Sanctuary 17

Timberlake Earth Sanctuary's reply:

Alex & Ben, thank you so much for this thoughtfully written reflection of your experience at Timberlake. The memory and magic of your wedding day remains with us and your love is forever imprinted in the heart of this place. Thank you for allowing us the honor of holding space for your sacred union.

Amber · Married on 04/13/2018

Jess and Michelle were so great to work with! They made us feel like we were part of the Timberlake family and were very enthusiastic about our special day. We fell in love with the property from the beginning. If you are looking for a unique experience, definitely take a visit! There are so many options for your ceremony site. We chose The Woodlands which was so beautiful and earthy. Another absolutely astonishing, smaller ceremony site is The Chapel overlooking Lake MacIntosh. There are just so many hidden gems on their 156 acres! After looking at several venues I knew this was the one from the moment I stepped onto the property. Check it out, you won’t be disappointed!

• Anny

Anny · Married on 10/21/2017

Where do I begin?! I was searching for a venue in a woodland area and couldn’t find any I really wanted. When I came across Timberlake I was in complete awe!! Not only does Timberlake Earth Sanctuary have many ceremony sites to choose from they have a straight forward rate that includes all of the ground and the treehouse from Friday afternoon till Sunday afternoon. It’s the absolute best value I could find anywhere. But aside from the price there are many more important factors that drew me to this place. When Carolyn took us on the initial tour of Timberlake we felt something so special, almost magical. I thought it was just me, but my guest have mentioned similar things when describing TES (magical, whimsical, spiritual).
    My ceremony in the woods was beyond perfect and the reception was a great time.
    Emily (site coordinator) and her husband did everything in thier power to make my night absolutely perfect. From driving us back and forth to passing along messages, to very professionally handling a situation that came up toward the end of the night.
    The team at TES is golden. From the moment you meet Carolyn you feel right at home. Emily is another absolute gem and her husband was behind the scenes making things happen. Loved my wedding night, the venue was perfect, the people were simply amazing, and I couldn’t have picked a better place to have one of the most important nights of my life.

Thank you TES for the truly organic and magical night!!!

Sent on 11/15/2017
    Timberlake Earth Sanctuary 18
    Timberlake Earth Sanctuary 19
    Timberlake Earth Sanctuary 20
    Timberlake Earth Sanctuary 21
    Timberlake Earth Sanctuary 22
    Timberlake Earth Sanctuary 23

Anny,
    Thank you so much for this! You are one most beautiful and gracious bride who we will not forget! It was a joy and privilege to host your most special iife moment here; please come back and visit often as you are now a part of the Timberlake family!
    Love,
    Carolyn

GRACE · Married on 10/14/2017

Choosing Timberlake Earth Sanctuary as the site for our wedding was the first choice we made in our planning, and it stands as the best decision we made. From the moment you first step onto the land, it's clear that it is a very special place. I would personally encourage couples to spend some time walking on the trails and soaking in the beauty before your wedding day - it is a joy to be connected to this place.
    Working with Carolyn, Emily, Roy, Jess, and Michelle was simply wonderful. At every step of the process they were not only helpful and professional, but we felt supported and encouraged by them as if we were family.
    Timberlake was well suited to accommodate our wedding of 115 guests. We had our ceremony in the Orchard, and reception under the Tent with dancing and a live band at the pavilion. The lighting and sound system provided worked great. Parking was well coordinated by Timberlake staff, with a golf cart transport available for those who need it. They provided signs around the road directing guests, and bathrooms were kept clean and accessible.
    The TreeHouse was a wonderful place to be the "epicenter" of activity all weekend - we had many friends and family helping with flowers, linens, and reception preparations on Friday, and the Treehouse kitchen was the perfect cozy place to gather. We stayed there Saturday night and hope we will return for future anniversaries. We also had our engagement photo shoot at Timberlake a few months before the wedding.
    Simply put, I can't imagine having had our wedding anywhere else. Timberlake Earth Sanctuary is so much more than a wedding venue, it is a very special place we will always treasure and feel connected to.
    Photographs are from our wedding day, by Mabyn Ludke Photography.

Sent on 12/31/2017
    Timberlake Earth Sanctuary 24
    Timberlake Earth Sanctuary 25
    Timberlake Earth Sanctuary 26
    Timberlake Earth Sanctuary 27

Grace!
    What a wonderful end of the year gift to receive! I think you covered it all and that you should become our cosmic agent for Timberlake! I know our whole staff will appreciate this as much as I and thank you for taking the same time and giving the same special attention as you did to make your wedding here so outstanding! It was a real pleasure to work with you and your fine families. Blessings and love in the new year ...in which we hope you all make many visits back to Timberlake!
    Carolyn Toben

Sandra · Married on 08/19/2017

Timberlake Earth Sanctuary is the kind of place that gets in your blood and stays forever. It brings a level of serenity and tranquility to your wedding day that is unmatched by any other venue. The staff here waits on you hand and foot and the level of flexibility in decoration and catering allows you to make your wedding day truly your own. My husband and I could not have dreamed of a better venue to start our lives together!

Sent on 12/08/2017
    Timberlake Earth Sanctuary 33
    Timberlake Earth Sanctuary 34
    Timberlake Earth Sanctuary 35

Sandra,
    How deeply we appreciate this! Your wedding was surely one of the highest highlights of our season and one we will not forget. Please return again and again to renew those memories; you are part of the Timberlake family now!
    with loving gratitude, Carolyn Toben and staffers

Abbi · Married on 05/27/2017

If you are looking for an outdoor wedding venue you have found the right place! This venue is absolutely breath taking! So many beautiful hiking trails and places to go see! We got married in the woodlands and it was wonderful! Getting to use the venue the entire weekend was a major life saver! If you are able to swing it and have time, rent the treehouse out for an extra day so you're not stressing trying to clean up after your wedding the next morning! Carolyn is a dream to work with, you can tell she completely loves what she does and loves being apart of the weddings that are held at Timberlake!

Taylor · Married on 04/22/2017

My husband and I married at Timberlake Earth Sanctuary on April 22nd this year (Earth day!) and it was an absolutely beautiful experience for not only ourselves but our guests. We stumbled upon the sanctuary by chance and I fell in love just from photos online. I convinced my then fiance to go for a visit and as we were pulling in the drive, he immediately turned and said, "This is the place we will finally get married!" We hadn't even got out of the car yet!

The untouched beauty of nature surrounds you as soon as you pull into Timberlake and it's as if you're transported into a magical woodland. The towering trees, blooming flowers, chirping birds, and beautiful lake makes for a serene experience that you simply have to see in person. The treehouse is absolutely wonderful! We broke custom and my husband stayed with me the night before the wedding at the treehouse to prep some decorations. Waking up to the foggy lake as the sunrises, having coffee on the 3rd story porch in the rocking chairs which watching humming birds, and quietly listening to the wind in the trees was a beautiful pre-wedding moment we will cherish forever.

Carolyn and Emily helped us through our wedding planning process and allowed our creativity to flow! The best part of Timberlake is that it's not a one-size-fits all wedding factory. You can create the wedding within your mind's eye and the wonderful women there will foster that creativity with their own. We used the Woodlands with the crafted tree benches and arbor as our ceremony site and allowed our guests to take a short walking path along the lake to the Pavilion for the reception.

Having the entire place for the weekend allowed us to spend quality time with our loved ones and really cherish the moments we've waited so long to have. Our wedding was a beautiful experience that we continue to receive compliments on. We will continue to return to Timberlake as it will always hold a special place in our hearts!

A wonderful venue for a wedding! The owner Carolyn is amazing and very accommodating, and she really makes sure that your day is special. We were not impressed with the "day of coordinator", but Carolyn and the rest of the team at Timberlake made up for the issues we had with her tenfold. The land is beautiful and we could not have asked for a better place to have our wedding! One of the best parts was staying on site at the venue since it was ours and only ours from the Friday before to the Sunday after. I would recommend Timberlake to anyone looking for that special place!

Laura · Married on 10/08/2016

We feel so fortunate that we found Timberlake Earth Sanctuary for our wedding! We could not have found a more gorgeous, unique and more welcoming venue. We loved that we could have our engagement photos taken there and also to have the venue from Friday at noon until Sunday at noon. We were able to host our rehearsal dinner and a welcome party in the Treehouse, and it was a great opportunity for our guests to be able to see more of the property. All of the Timberlake staff is incredibly sweet, thoughtful and helpful. It was obvious they truly cared how our day went! Then, a hurricane decided to make its appearance or rather a long-term stay during our wedding weekend. The staff, especially Roy, did everything possible to make sure our wedding went as well as it could! We are so thankful to be one of the couples to have been married at Timberlake!

Alex · Married on 09/24/2016

While the price of the venue was higher than we were wanting to spend, as soon as I drove ten feet onto the property, I couldn't leave without it becoming ours! It was beautiful. Green, spacious, earthy, clean air, and a house for us to sleep in at no additional charge! Unlike the other venues we checked out, we had Timberlake ALL TO OURSELVES from Friday at 12:00PM-Sunday at 12:00PM. We partied all weekend. It was the most perfect set up. Carolynn and Emily were incredibly helpful and we heard nothing but rave reviews from our guests. There were so many places on the property to choose for our ceremony and reception sites and we were able to traipse all throughout the property to take our photos. My husband and I met working through our school's outdoor program and the wilderness is deeply important to us, Timberlake Earth Sanctuary was the best place for us. All of our guests said "it just felt like us" as they partied the night away with us. I wish I could give TES more than 5 stars!

Aubrey · Married on 05/21/2016

To say my husband and I feel privileged to be a part of the Timberlake family is an understatement. Our big day was absolutely perfect in ever way. Timberlake is a magical, woodsy venue. Knowing that you get the entire venue from Friday at noon until Sunday at noon was such a relief. The majority of our guests were coming from out of town for our big day so we decided to have an open rehearsal dinner and invite whoever would be in town at that time. We ended up having 50 out of our 80 guests attend our dinner Friday night. We did a catered hotdogs and burgers meal under the tent and it was absolutely perfect. The extra time we got to spend with our family and friends the day before our wedding is one of our favorite aspects of our wedding weekend. Our wedding night was that much more relaxing knowing that we or our family members didn't have to stay up for hours cleaning up. It was even nicer than I thought it would be knowing we could leave everything sit out Saturday night and come back in the morning to clean everything up.

The owner, Carolyn, is a beautiful soul who truly cares about the land. Their grounds keeper, Roy, was amazing. It rained the entire morning of our wedding. He knew how much we wanted to have our ceremony in the Woodlands so he put extra mulch down along the walkways to help. It finally stopped raining a few hours before our ceremony so we never had the tent walls put up. Well, our luck would have it that it started to down pour the moment my husband and I were making our grand entrance at our reception. Roy jumped right in putting the walls up! It only rained for about an hour and the forecast looked clear for the rest of the night. When we decided to move the dancing back outside, Roy was right there taking the walls back down for us and even started the fire for us! He was more than we could have ever asked for.

Thank you Timberlake Earth Sanctuary!

Kasie · Married on 05/07/2016

Timberlake is truly magical. My husband and I found Timberlake through wedding wire. From the start, Carolyn and her team were responsive and professional. They really helped the day run smoothly, offering logistic support, on site transportation and much more. It was amazing to know that having our wedding there also helped with sustaining the land for Carolyn. I loved Timberlake because in the hustle and bustle of a wedding weekend, we were at such peace on this beautiful expanse of land. My photos were incredible, my guests were awe-struck by the beauty and serenity. For everything you get, the price is unbeatable as well. I can't say enough good things about Timberlake. I wish I could be there all the time, walking the property and hanging out with Carolyn <3

Meaghan · Married on 04/30/2016

Timberlake Earth Sanctuary was the absolute ideal place to have our wedding. It was beyond magical. There was absolutely no stress, Carolyn and her team made us feel at home from the start. It is such a unique, wonderful place and I recommend this venue highly.

Caitlyn · Married on 10/04/2014

Beautiful woodsy Venue hidden in Triad area. Large venue with multiple ceremony locations. From an orchard to a pond, woods, garden, and small chapel. Accommodating to very intimate weddings as well as to large scale. Provided a great deal of assistance. Carolyn and the Timberlake Earth Sanctuary staff from the very start were extremely helpful, kind! The Groomsmen were delighted getting ready in a barn setting and the bridesmaids loved the tree house! Our reception area was a short walk from our ceremony and was a real crowd pleaser. Already had a permanent tent there no need to rent one. Wonderful fire pit that was the hit of the evening with our s'mores bar, and large dancing floor! Can't thank the staff enough for the fantastic job they did,
    The Winsteads

I couldn't have imagined a more perfect wedding day. Everything was unbelievably gorgeous and magical. The whole wedding weekend went smoothly. We have Timberlake to thank for that. From the very beginning, Carolyn was so quick to answer any questions I had and went out of her way to fulfill any request. We really felt taken care of, and it was clear that our wedding was a special event for them as well. Aside from the five star service, the land at Timberlake Earth Sanctuary is so beautiful. We immediately felt a bond with this place. Our guests also really enjoyed Timberlake, they couldn't stop gushing over it. Timberlake and Carolyn will continue to be a part of our family for years to come.

Kim · Married on 05/31/2014

Timberlake Earth Sanctuary will always hold a very special in heart! You feel such serenity and love as soon as you cross the gate. Carolyn, Roy, and Emily are so kind and helpful and are sincerely excited to be a part of your special day. Timberlake will be a place we continue to visit for many years to come. It is a very special place.

Jillian · Married on 05/17/2014

We had an outdoor wedding at Timberlake and it was perfect in every way. Timberlake is such a peaceful and magical place - just perfect for a wedding celebration. The tented reception area is right next to a potential ceremony site so it is easy for guests to move from one to the other. We had 120 guests and there was plenty of space for everyone, even when almost everyone was out on the dance floor! We have received countless compliments from our friends and family about how wonderful our wedding was and we attribute a large part of that to the beautiful venue that we were fortunate enough to find at Timberlake. We highly recommend Timberlake if you are looking for a place to have an outdoor wedding venue! Be sure to spend some time before and/or after enjoying the entire Timberlake property as well.

Julie · Married on 11/30/2013

I have been to Timberlake a time or two for other wedding events and knew right away what a magical place it is. My fiance felt the same way when we took the tour with Carolyn. We had a small wedding and chose to use the Treehouse area for both our ceremony and reception. We simply couldn't have asked for anything more. A simple rustic wedding held in the middle of an earth sanctuary.....perfection. Carolyn was an absolute gem to work with and really made us feel like part of her family. We cannot wait to go back for weekend getaways and anniversaries.

Carolyn was amazing to work with. The property could not have been anymore perfect.

Sent on 12/20/2013

Timberlake Earth Sanctuary's reply:

Thank you for this...It was our great joy to host your sacred event at Timberlake.
  • User2197065 · 2+ years ago

The Timberlake staff was great. They made sure that the grounds were perfect for our day. It poured on our actual wedding day but they made sure everything ran smoothly. The grounds are a peaceful amazing space for an outdoor wedding.

This place is perfect and magical. You will love it.