Tim Halberg Photography Reviews

70 | Napa, CA

70 Reviews for Tim Halberg Photography

Anna N. · Married on 07/18/2020

Amazing Yosemite Photographer!

We loved working with Tim! He was able to provide insight on the best places to take pictures in Yosemite, and we ended up getting shots we never thought were going to be possible. He was also great at suggesting new locations that we wouldn’t have thought of, and he was just a great guy to spend the day with. He makes sure you have everything you need before your picture date and has a fast turnaround time. We would recommend Tim to anyone!

Sent on 09/19/2019
  • Pri

Pri M. · Married on 05/08/2020

Tim is amazing. Book him!

Tim is not only a superb photographer, but he's a joy to work with! Easygoing, but professional. Silly, but seriously talented. He listened to what was important to us and he delivered tenfold! We're in love with our photos, and so are our families and friends. We especially appreciated that we didn't need to call Tim over to capture the fun, little moments; he knew where to be and when! If you're looking for a wedding photographer who'll capture the essence of your big day, look no further than Tim!

Sent on 02/05/2020

Justin P. · Married on 09/14/2019

Awesome photographer!

We loved working with Tim Halberg for our wedding! He was fun, friendly, and easy to work with right from the start. This was super important as we were not only working with a professional, but someone that we could relate to like a good friend. This made us much more comfortable on the wedding day too! Our photos turned out beautifully -- he captured both the biggest and smallest moments, making guests comfortable and having fun, while also being discreet when it mattered. Would definitely recommend anyone to work with Tim!

Sent on 12/26/2019

Taryn · Married on 07/05/2019

Book Tim for your Wedding!!!

Tim is THE MAN!!! He was so easy and accommodating to work with right from the start! He took the time and effort to get to know my husband and I and everything we were hoping to achieve with our engagement and wedding day photos! He was prompt and and among all of the little things us brides worry about on our wedding day, Tim took all that stress away and made it all about having fun and taking all of the photos we hoped and dreamed of! He made sure that my husband and I got the pics we wanted with all family members, friends and all the little details of our special day! He truly captured our vision and bottled it up with his photos. We couldn’t have been happier and had such an easy going/fun photographer to share our most special day with! Book Tim, you’ll have zero regrets!!!

Sent on 10/08/2019

Michael M. · Married on 06/29/2019

Stunning Wedding Photography

My wife and I got married at Arista Winery in June 2019, and Tim photographed our wedding. We looked at more than a handful of potential photographers, and Tim was the clear winner. His naturalistic photos are beyond stunning, and he blended in perfectly with our family and friends, capturing all of the important moments without over-inserting himself or his team. All of Tim's pre- and post-wedding communications were timely and professional, and he had no problem coordinating with our event planner and videographer. We cannot recommend Tim highly enough!

Sent on 11/03/2019

Sha S. · Married on 06/15/2019

Highly recommend

I couldn’t be happier that we had chosen Tim as our wedding photographer. We had hired him for both the wedding and a day-after shoot in Yosemite. All the photos were absolutely beautiful, the colors spot on, many of them really looked like works of art (you can see many on his instagram). Both my husband and I are a bit camera shy, but from the moment we met him on the wedding day, he made us and everyone in the wedding party feel extremely comfortable. Everything just felt so easy, there was never any stress, the entire experience was fun. I had been a bit anxious about the day-after shoot (hiking 30min in a wedding dress? Bad weather in the forecast) but he had clearly done this so many times and made it very easy and seamless for us. I love his attitude about “bad” weather (thunderclouds? Storms? Even better! We’ll get great photos!), and I think that this kind of positivity and confidence takes a lot of stress away from the couple.

Sent on 12/02/2019

Jeanine S. · Married on 06/01/2019

Daughter's Wedding in Healdsburg

Tim photographed my daughter's wedding two weekends ago. He was very professional. He never got in the way but still managed to get the shots that were needed.

Sent on 06/10/2019

Sara · Married on 03/02/2019

Winter wedding in Tahoe

Tim was amazing! My husband and I had such a great time working with him. He is really comfortable to be around. He is there when you need him and blends in like one of the guests when you don’t. He gently directed us and made us both feel really comfortable in front of the camera. He was down to going out in the freezing cold and take pictures while we played in knee deep snow. Everything felt natural even the posey pictures. We were happy with whole experience. We had a really small wedding and all of our guest couldn’t stop saying what a great time they had with him.

Sent on 03/05/2019

Lauren · Married on 05/12/2018

One look at Tim’s pictures and you know he’s amazing! He is also a blast to work with. We highly recommend Tim Halberg. We could not be happier with the pictures we received from our engagement session and from our wedding. Our pictures are so special to us and we feel so grateful Tim was our photographer. Look no further, if you want absolutely gorgeous photos Tim Halberg will not disappoint!

Sent on 07/25/2018
  • Laura

Laura K. · Married on 04/07/2018

Fun, fantastic work, professional,

Tim photographed our wedding in Sonoma and he was fantastic! He captured so many amazing candid shots that were very special. Looking through the pictures he really told a story. I felt that the wall art was a must and I never tire of looking at our beautiful photos on the dining room wall. He has a great personality, he’s very witty and we highly recommend him!

Sent on 09/25/2019

Pauline · Married on 03/10/2018

Tim!

Please choose Tim! Tim is like the cousin/best friend/patient attentive brother/ basically a super awesome guy that fits in right away and knows what to do! He is into the smallest detail! Being the non Type A bride, I didn’t pay attention to things that I should have. For example, Tim was taking pictures when I was doing my makeup. I had a hair tie on my wrist. Tim asked me if the hair tie meant anything, I said “no, Oh! I have to take that off”. Those 6 hrs were amazing and I was so happy that Tim was there to capture all of it! I had my fair share of photographers (family weddings) and I have to say that Tim is the best! I was so glad that Tim was available that day! Tim thank you again and I will never forget you:) so excited to see more of your pictures on Instagram!!

Sent on 03/20/2018

Lauren · Married on 09/09/2017

After interviewing about 15 photographers, we decided Tim was the right person to photograph our wedding. We're so glad he agreed! Fun and genuine, he put us at ease all day. We traveled from out of state, but we felt like we were reuniting with an old friend by the time we met him at our ceremony. On top of a great personality, the photos are truly stunning. When we show them to people, the most common response so far has been, in so many words, "Is this for real?!"

Sent on 09/13/2017

Alexa · Married on 09/09/2017

Finding the right photographer for our wedding was one of the tasks that took us the most time. Aside from each other, and the memories, the pictures are the one true thing you leave your wedding day with. It was important to us that we found not only an excellent photographer, but also someone who made the experience more personal. Tim was that exact fit. Before we decided on hiring him, Tim spent a significant amount of time with each of us on the phone asking questions about our lives, what we love about each other, who is important to us and how we would like to see our day unfold. He also worked with us to develop a package that best suited our needs. Tim was a joy to work with throughout the entire process and made our wedding day so enjoyable and special. He captured all the intimate moments and requested shots, all while making people comfortable, getting family to smile and knocking out shots quickly so we could enjoy our day. Tim captured many moments without us even noticing his presence and he was so professional. We truly enjoyed having him as a part of our day, and we are happy to have gained not only some amazing pictures, but also a dear friend. We are so thrilled we came across Tim!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Don · Married on 06/17/2017

I am the father of the bride at the Babcock/Pitkin wedding and Tim did a great job. He got my good side no matter which side he was on.

Sent on 06/23/2017

Lindsey · Married on 06/17/2017

I cant say enough good things about Tim. He was so easy going and fun to be around. He was patient and kind to all of our family and friends. I haven't seen our wedding photos yet, but he did our engagement photos so I have no doubt the quality will be there! Photography was the most important purchase for us for our wedding, and we made the best choice possible!

Sent on 06/30/2017

Mark · Married on 04/15/2017

Tim was awesome to work with and made the big day fun and smooth, despite the fact that we had some specific requests that were hard to work with. He also stepped in in a pinch when we had some last minute complications with another vendor. He was awesome to work with.

I can also say - sometimes you wonder if photographers just cherry picked the best 10 photos they have ever taken for their marketing website but that is not the case with Tim. We just got our photos back and they are truly incredible.

Sent on 07/07/2017

Mister · Married on 04/15/2017

Tim Halberg did Kait and Mark's wedding in Calistoga. Pictures were beautiful and you can google that.

Sent on 07/07/2017

Pen · Married on 04/15/2017

Absolutely yes- Tim's photographs of Mark & Kait's wedding were thoughtful, beautiful.
    Plus he perfectly captured the joy and FUN we had that Triple S Ranch day.

Sent on 07/08/2017

Kait · Married on 04/15/2017

Tim was a DREAM to work with - I really don't have a single compliant about my experience. He captured me and my husband's big day in Calistoga perfectly. When people tell you that the photos are the only lasting token of your wedding they're so right. I felt like I missed parts of my wedding and Tim brought those details back forever. I'm also super short and was self conscious about my height in pictures. But thanks to Tim, I look 5'6!

Sent on 07/09/2017

Grace · Married on 11/12/2016

I would recommend Tim Halberg to everybody and anybody looking for a photographer! He was absolutely incredible! He was not intrusive while getting phenomenal photos of the whole day. I especially appreciated how not intrusive he was during the ceremony, he blended in and got some fantastic shots! He was so creative during our bridal party and private photos after the ceremony. Also, he made everybody feel so comfortable for some really genuine photographs. He made us laugh and smile during the whole process. If I had to re-do the entire event I would want more time for photos with him and I would absolutely book him again.

Sent on 12/03/2016

Tara · Married on 10/30/2016

Book. This. Guy.

Tim was incredible to work with from start to finish. He helped us figure everything out ahead of time (shot list, flow of the day, etc) and was incredibly professional and fun the day of the wedding. Most of the time, we didn't even notice he was around, which I think says a lot about a pro photographer. His photos were so incredible and he really did capture every special moment of our big day without being intrusive or making us feel rushed. For us, that was the perfect balance: great photos from a photographer who seemlessly blended into the scene of the day.

Sent on 12/30/2016

Alexandra · Married on 09/24/2016

TIM WAS AMAZING. I just can't say enough about him or his team. He so easily flowed into our day, and added to it in such a wonderful and kind and fun way. His presence genuinely made our wedding better.

The photos. Oh my god the photos. The most amazing beautiful creative stunning bridal photos I've ever seen. THANK YOU TIM!

Sent on 11/03/2016

Ashley · Married on 09/04/2016

If having jaw-dropping wedding photos is your priority, just book Tim, right now. When my now-husband and I decided to get married in Yosemite, I knew that having the right photographer was going to be crucial - someone who could capture the joy of our day and the love we have for each other, but also the unbelievable setting. I probably looked through every photographer who had ever shot in Yosemite, and though Tim hadn't yet at the time we booked him, we could tell by his portfolio that he could do the place right. And boy, did he ever! There are so many reasons to hire Tim. He's a real professional with a laid back attitude. He was a joy to work with, and he captured the story of us better than I could have hoped. If you want your wedding to be an adventure - and you're looking for the right person to capture it - hire Tim!

Sent on 02/07/2017

Michelle · Married on 09/03/2016

My fiancé and I went back and forth on photographers for quite some time for budget reasons. I really wanted Tim (because, well, have you seen his photos!!!!????) and he was totally willing to work with me to create a package that I felt comfortable with. I am SO happy that we decided to have Tim capture our wedding - he was fun, funny, and made us feel super comfortable in front of the camera. Hire him! It'll be the best decision you make for your wedding.

Sent on 09/06/2016

Heather · Married on 08/27/2016

Tim was awesome! We are both so glad we found Tim for our engagement pictures and wedding day. We stumbled on him through our search for Tahoe area photographers and knew he would be a good match based on his active and adventurous website. He was responsive and available for our wedding date and continued to follow up with me as I agonized over the wedding photographer choice.

I had a budget in mind when I started, knowing you shouldn't skimp here, but of course every awesome Tahoe style photographer I found was on the high end of that. Tim was willing to work with us a little bit on this and ultimately I realized having a photographer who was excited about coming to our hometown where we started dating for the engagement shoot; and having a photographer that doesn't put a time limit on either the engagement adventure or the wedding day was super important. Plus he had a love of backpacking, beer, and mountain biking :-)

Our engagement pictures turned out awesome, his photos are so vibrant and full of nature. I know our wedding photos are going to be amazing too and we had a great time with him. One of our favorite parts of the entire wedding day was when Tim pulled us aside at night to go outside for nighttime photos because the stars and Milky Way were just beautiful that night. It was so peaceful on our mountain top venue and was so nice to escape the craziness of the reception and take a moment to enjoy the serenity and beauty of the location we had chosen. Thank you so much Tim for some awesome memories and amazing photos! (our family and bridal party loved him too!)

Sent on 09/01/2016