Tim Halberg Reviews

59 | Yosemite National Park, CA

59 Reviews for Tim Halberg

Sara · Married on 03/02/2019

Winter wedding in Tahoe

Tim was amazing! My husband and I had such a great time working with him. He is really comfortable to be around. He is there when you need him and blends in like one of the guests when you don’t. He gently directed us and made us both feel really comfortable in front of the camera. He was down to going out in the freezing cold and take pictures while we played in knee deep snow. Everything felt natural even the posey pictures. We were happy with whole experience. We had a really small wedding and all of our guest couldn’t stop saying what a great time they had with him.

lauren · Married on 05/12/2018

One look at Tim’s pictures and you know he’s amazing! He is also a blast to work with. We highly recommend Tim Halberg. We could not be happier with the pictures we received from our engagement session and from our wedding. Our pictures are so special to us and we feel so grateful Tim was our photographer. Look no further, if you want absolutely gorgeous photos Tim Halberg will not disappoint!

Pauline · Married on 03/10/2018

Tim!

Please choose Tim! Tim is like the cousin/best friend/patient attentive brother/ basically a super awesome guy that fits in right away and knows what to do! He is into the smallest detail! Being the non Type A bride, I didn’t pay attention to things that I should have. For example, Tim was taking pictures when I was doing my makeup. I had a hair tie on my wrist. Tim asked me if the hair tie meant anything, I said “no, Oh! I have to take that off”. Those 6 hrs were amazing and I was so happy that Tim was there to capture all of it! I had my fair share of photographers (family weddings) and I have to say that Tim is the best! I was so glad that Tim was available that day! Tim thank you again and I will never forget you:) so excited to see more of your pictures on Instagram!!

Lauren · Married on 09/09/2017

After interviewing about 15 photographers, we decided Tim was the right person to photograph our wedding. We're so glad he agreed! Fun and genuine, he put us at ease all day. We traveled from out of state, but we felt like we were reuniting with an old friend by the time we met him at our ceremony. On top of a great personality, the photos are truly stunning. When we show them to people, the most common response so far has been, in so many words, "Is this for real?!"

Alexa · Married on 09/09/2017

Finding the right photographer for our wedding was one of the tasks that took us the most time. Aside from each other, and the memories, the pictures are the one true thing you leave your wedding day with. It was important to us that we found not only an excellent photographer, but also someone who made the experience more personal. Tim was that exact fit. Before we decided on hiring him, Tim spent a significant amount of time with each of us on the phone asking questions about our lives, what we love about each other, who is important to us and how we would like to see our day unfold. He also worked with us to develop a package that best suited our needs. Tim was a joy to work with throughout the entire process and made our wedding day so enjoyable and special. He captured all the intimate moments and requested shots, all while making people comfortable, getting family to smile and knocking out shots quickly so we could enjoy our day. Tim captured many moments without us even noticing his presence and he was so professional. We truly enjoyed having him as a part of our day, and we are happy to have gained not only some amazing pictures, but also a dear friend. We are so thrilled we came across Tim!

Don · Married on 06/17/2017

I am the father of the bride at the Babcock/Pitkin wedding and Tim did a great job. He got my good side no matter which side he was on.

Lindsey · Married on 06/17/2017

I cant say enough good things about Tim. He was so easy going and fun to be around. He was patient and kind to all of our family and friends. I haven't seen our wedding photos yet, but he did our engagement photos so I have no doubt the quality will be there! Photography was the most important purchase for us for our wedding, and we made the best choice possible!

Mark · Married on 04/15/2017

Tim was awesome to work with and made the big day fun and smooth, despite the fact that we had some specific requests that were hard to work with. He also stepped in in a pinch when we had some last minute complications with another vendor. He was awesome to work with.

I can also say - sometimes you wonder if photographers just cherry picked the best 10 photos they have ever taken for their marketing website but that is not the case with Tim. We just got our photos back and they are truly incredible.

Mister · Married on 04/15/2017

Tim Halberg did Kait and Mark's wedding in Calistoga. Pictures were beautiful and you can google that.

Pen · Married on 04/15/2017

Absolutely yes- Tim's photographs of Mark & Kait's wedding were thoughtful, beautiful.
    Plus he perfectly captured the joy and FUN we had that Triple S Ranch day.

Kait · Married on 04/15/2017

Tim was a DREAM to work with - I really don't have a single compliant about my experience. He captured me and my husband's big day in Calistoga perfectly. When people tell you that the photos are the only lasting token of your wedding they're so right. I felt like I missed parts of my wedding and Tim brought those details back forever. I'm also super short and was self conscious about my height in pictures. But thanks to Tim, I look 5'6!

Grace · Married on 11/12/2016

I would recommend Tim Halberg to everybody and anybody looking for a photographer! He was absolutely incredible! He was not intrusive while getting phenomenal photos of the whole day. I especially appreciated how not intrusive he was during the ceremony, he blended in and got some fantastic shots! He was so creative during our bridal party and private photos after the ceremony. Also, he made everybody feel so comfortable for some really genuine photographs. He made us laugh and smile during the whole process. If I had to re-do the entire event I would want more time for photos with him and I would absolutely book him again.

Tara · Married on 10/30/2016

Book. This. Guy.

Tim was incredible to work with from start to finish. He helped us figure everything out ahead of time (shot list, flow of the day, etc) and was incredibly professional and fun the day of the wedding. Most of the time, we didn't even notice he was around, which I think says a lot about a pro photographer. His photos were so incredible and he really did capture every special moment of our big day without being intrusive or making us feel rushed. For us, that was the perfect balance: great photos from a photographer who seemlessly blended into the scene of the day.

Alexandra · Married on 09/24/2016

TIM WAS AMAZING. I just can't say enough about him or his team. He so easily flowed into our day, and added to it in such a wonderful and kind and fun way. His presence genuinely made our wedding better.

The photos. Oh my god the photos. The most amazing beautiful creative stunning bridal photos I've ever seen. THANK YOU TIM!

Ashley · Married on 09/04/2016

If having jaw-dropping wedding photos is your priority, just book Tim, right now. When my now-husband and I decided to get married in Yosemite, I knew that having the right photographer was going to be crucial - someone who could capture the joy of our day and the love we have for each other, but also the unbelievable setting. I probably looked through every photographer who had ever shot in Yosemite, and though Tim hadn't yet at the time we booked him, we could tell by his portfolio that he could do the place right. And boy, did he ever! There are so many reasons to hire Tim. He's a real professional with a laid back attitude. He was a joy to work with, and he captured the story of us better than I could have hoped. If you want your wedding to be an adventure - and you're looking for the right person to capture it - hire Tim!

Michelle · Married on 09/03/2016

My fiancé and I went back and forth on photographers for quite some time for budget reasons. I really wanted Tim (because, well, have you seen his photos!!!!????) and he was totally willing to work with me to create a package that I felt comfortable with. I am SO happy that we decided to have Tim capture our wedding - he was fun, funny, and made us feel super comfortable in front of the camera. Hire him! It'll be the best decision you make for your wedding.

Heather · Married on 08/27/2016

Tim was awesome! We are both so glad we found Tim for our engagement pictures and wedding day. We stumbled on him through our search for Tahoe area photographers and knew he would be a good match based on his active and adventurous website. He was responsive and available for our wedding date and continued to follow up with me as I agonized over the wedding photographer choice.

I had a budget in mind when I started, knowing you shouldn't skimp here, but of course every awesome Tahoe style photographer I found was on the high end of that. Tim was willing to work with us a little bit on this and ultimately I realized having a photographer who was excited about coming to our hometown where we started dating for the engagement shoot; and having a photographer that doesn't put a time limit on either the engagement adventure or the wedding day was super important. Plus he had a love of backpacking, beer, and mountain biking :-)

Our engagement pictures turned out awesome, his photos are so vibrant and full of nature. I know our wedding photos are going to be amazing too and we had a great time with him. One of our favorite parts of the entire wedding day was when Tim pulled us aside at night to go outside for nighttime photos because the stars and Milky Way were just beautiful that night. It was so peaceful on our mountain top venue and was so nice to escape the craziness of the reception and take a moment to enjoy the serenity and beauty of the location we had chosen. Thank you so much Tim for some awesome memories and amazing photos! (our family and bridal party loved him too!)

Katie · Married on 07/24/2016

The aspect of my wedding that was most important to me was the photography so I spent hours upon hours looking through the profiles and portfolios of photographers but none gave me the quality I was searching for until I found Tim Halberg. His images are so stunning and he is a joy to work with. He is a very calming presence to have on what can be a very stressful day. His love of adventure and all things fun comes out from the moment you meet him and he inspires that from everyone in front of the camera. My normally camera shy husband opened up as Tim talked with us and laughed while documenting our day. He was so professional and on top of things. I had high expectations and he exceeded every one of them. You can't go wrong with Tim as your photographer.

Tania · Married on 06/29/2016

We called Tim with an idea-- Half Dome in the background, 10 people gathered around us, an exchange of vows where we'd start our first adventure as a married couple the next day-- The John Muir Trail. We were pretty laid back about almost all the details of our wedding, but we wanted to get the photographer right-- someone we could trust to capture the energy of the day so we and our families could simply enjoy the experience, someone who shared in our quirkiness and in our spirit of adventure, and given the intimate nature of the ceremony, someone who could get the job done while managing to feel like a friend. It was a lot to ask of a photographer, and Tim by far exceeded every single one of our expectations. He answered our call with a shared and genuine enthusiasm, offered some really helpful suggestions, and, if possible, got us even more excited about our day. When we look at the pictures of our wedding day (which arrived much earlier than expected!), we are reminded of the joy we felt that day surrounded by our loved ones and Yosemite's awe-inducing beauty. Neither of us is exactly the most natural in front of the camera, but Tim made us feel super comfortable, giving us direction, but also just letting us have fun and enjoy the hike we took to get some couple shots. He was super generous with his time and energy, hiking miles and scrambling up rocks to capture the shots. And we're just blown away with the results. Tim Halberg is truly gifted, and we're just so thankful that he's shared his talents with us. Thanks, Tim!

Laura · Married on 05/21/2016

I can't recommend Tim highly enough! Uber talented, super fun and positive, just an all around great guy. He captured amazing images of both our engagement session and our wedding and there is nothing i would change. Easily one of the best wedding decisions we made.

Katie · Married on 04/09/2016

Tim photographed our engagement session and wedding day. All of our photos are beautiful! Tim was able to capture the excitement and energy from our guests on the dance floor, as well as the cute looks on our ring bearers and flower girls during the ceremony, and the small details that added up to a lovely day. We got last minute rain storms the night before and day of our wedding, but that didn't stop Tim from being able to perfectly capture all the love and joy from everyone. I know I'm partial, but I honestly believe I have the best engagement and wedding photos out of all my friends and family. If I could give Tim a higher rating, I absolutely would!

• W

wedding · Married on 04/08/2016

Tim was recommended to us by our wedding planner. We were so glad that we could engage Tim as part of the team :)

Whenever we looked at our engagement and wedding photos, they were like a set of story books unfolding of our engagement journey all the way to our big day. The emotion, the event, the people were all capture vividly and lively. We enjoyed and loved looking at the pictures. His fun and easy going personality got along really well with everyone at the wedding party. My hubby and his bff took Tim's fashion advice on a pair of pants!! LOL

emma · Married on 09/17/2015

Tim is simply amazing. We planned a destination wedding in in the Napa area and Tim was with us for 3 days. Tim captured the welcome dinner, wine tour and our wedding. Our guest all loved Tim and the photos turned out amazing.

Jessica · Married on 08/25/2015

First and foremost, Tim is absolutely incredible!!! He has magnificent creativity, a phenomenal sense of adventure, he has an amazing ability to make each and every backdrop spectacular, he truly strives to ensure each and every couple has their photo dreams/photo experience come true! He allows you to take him along with you on your special adventure/special day making it that much more intimate, resulting in pictures that take your breath away. Before the special day, he goes above and beyond in really getting to know the couple, talking to them about what they want to ensure he captures exactly what is desired. I would always recommend Tim for any engagement/wedding photo session as he will capture your day through such a spectacular eye and you will have pictures that will last a lifetime! My husband and I got married in Sonoma at Thomas George Estates, and Tim
    was able to share in our special day, our pictures are breathtaking, we had pictures that range from being taken in the Redwoods, pictures on a beautiful antique and vintage bridge, pictures below the bridge by a river, pictures during and after our ceremony at the top of a mountain in Sonoma where we said "I do," along with pictures in the gorgeous winery vines and grapes! Before we got married we talked to Tim on the phone as we live in Florida. We also had so many email exchanges, all to make sure he could understand our vision for our wedding. He really went above and beyond for us and for that we are truly thankful and we will never forget that! He has a great sense of humor and personality, felt like we had known him for so long making the day that much more enjoyable! We love Tim l, he is truly talented at what he does!!!!! Nothing but highest recommendation here!!

Jessica and Dave Oigarden