Tim Greathouse, Ohio Wedding Officiant Reviews

17 | Akron, OH

17 Reviews for Tim Greathouse, Ohio Wedding Officiant

• O

Olivia · Married on 08/15/2015

Booking Tim for our wedding was a no brainer. Since before the wedding planning process, my husband & I knew we wanted a very personalized wedding ceremony, specialized for the two of us. Tim had every box checked for us in what we were looking for. We knew we wanted a serious, but laid back ceremony that reflected our personalities. My husband & I met with Tim two times prior to our wedding & he performed our ceremony as if he knew us for years. He made sure we both knew exactly what we were to be doing during our ceremony & put our mind at ease. As well as guiding us throughout the entire ceremony. We still are getting compliments on our wedding ceremony. Many wedding guests said our ceremony was most beautiful ceremony they have seen because it was personalized to us! We are so thankful to Tim for providing us with such a beautiful ceremony we will cherish forever! Honestly, he is the BEST, so book him if you want a ceremony to remember!!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Kelly · Married on 08/07/2015

Tim does an excellent job. He tailors the ceremony to the couple's beliefs and traditions, lets the couple select the readings, and makes it personalized. If you aren't looking for a religious ceremony but want it more personalized than a courthouse wedding, Tim is the perfect way to go. He walks you through everything so that the ceremony goes smoothly. We loved him!

Sent on 08/14/2015

Tim was AMAZING . He took the time to make sure every little moment was special for everyone and just the two of us. The vows were beautiful and his personality is just kick ass!!! I would use him again and again and recommend him to all my friends and family. He is ONE OF A KIND!! we are soo soo happy we went with him and will stay in touch for years to come.

Sent on 06/04/2015
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 10/18/2014

While Tim, as he admits, is not the cheapest officiant around, he is hands down, the best. Our ceremony was romantic and beautiful and reflected our personalities perfectly.

Sent on 11/09/2014

Kieran · Married on 08/23/2014

I truly believe Tim is the best officiant you could ask for. He gives each couple a personalized ceremony and has a very in-depth conversation with you and your fiancé well in advance in order to get to know you and what your vision is for how the ceremony will play out. I have almost been married for 6 months now and am still getting compliments about how great Tim and our ceremony was. We both loved him and recommend him to everyone we know in the midst of wedding planning!

Sent on 02/06/2015

Abbea · Married on 08/02/2014

One of our biggest concerns when we began wedding planning was how to have a non-denominational officiant without having an impersonal or boring wedding. Tim fit the bill! Tim was so accommodating, friendly, and punctual. We couldn't have asked for a more personalized ceremony; it was beautiful. Tim did an excellent job of talking with us before the ceremony to get to know us, then showed up early before the ceremony to walk us through how everything would go. He is an all around great guy, and officiates a killer wedding ceremony! Our guests couldn't stop talking about how amazing the ceremony was thanks to Tim!

Sent on 09/14/2014

Bethany · Married on 06/21/2014

Tim Greathouse is amazing at his job! He really knows how to tune into each and every couple that he works with to personalize every ceremony. He is extremely knowledgeable and super easy to work with and bounce ideas off of. By the time your wedding is over you feel like you have gained another friend! During the ceremony he kept my husband and I engaged (the whole experience is such a whirl wind!), and our entire audience laughing and crying. He listened to exactly what we wanted and delivered just that.

Sent on 07/31/2014

Katherine · Married on 06/15/2014

I highly recommend Tim Greathouse as the officiant for your wedding. The ceremony he wrote and performed for us was exceptional. He is an impressive orator and wordsmith. As an English teacher, it took me a long time to find the right person to marry us and present us to our friends and family. I knew I wanted someone who could seamlessly weave both the timelessness of a classical wedding ceremony with the modern idealism my groom and I live in. Tim was able to do this with the finesse and skill of a true artist. My friends and family were sincerely impressed with our ceremony and we got many compliments despite the fact that most of our family members are devote religious believers and we are not. Our ceremony was a perfect compliment to both their beliefs and ours and I will never regret getting to work with Tim Greathouse.

Sent on 06/26/2014

Diane · Married on 06/28/2013

Tim was wonderful. The ceremony in Vermilion outside on the lake fit in perfectly with the setting. We chose a non religious ceremony and it was beautiful. He made it sound like he had know the bride and groom for years. He made them feel at ease and even joked about the High School Hockey team members in attendance.

Sent on 07/02/2013

Joe · Married on 12/22/2012

Tim provided my wife and I with the most moving and personal ceremony we could have imagined. I've worked at a wedding venue for 10 years, so I've seen countless weddings, but Tim is above and beyond the best officiant I've ever encountered. His ceremony was perfectly tailored to my wife and I. Although I had met Tim before on several occasions, we didn't have a personal relationship before working with him. Several of our family members asked how long we've known Tim, since he seemed to be a longtime personal friend. That's how great Tim is at what he does, and his love and enthusiasm for his profession really shows through. I can't recommend Tim enough!

Sent on 09/24/2013

malena · Married on 10/27/2012

Tim did a wonderful job creating a ceremony that was uniquely ours! He truly went above the call of duty at making our ceremony be as amazing as it could be. The comments on how great the ceremony was won't stop. Even his toughest critic (a 90 year old) said it was truly one of the best ceremonies they ever seen! If you want a ceremony that is truly about the two of you and will be something memorable go with Tim!

Sent on 11/13/2012

Emily · Married on 08/17/2012

Due to unforseen circumstances about three months before the wedding we had to find an officiant. We did some web searches and Tims name came up. Not only was he a perfect fit for us, he also helped us create our ceremony. (I was a last minute planner on that part) He walked us through everything and even helped keep the nervous jitters away. I would highly recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 09/03/2012

matt · Married on 07/01/2012

We both loved him! Great officiant, who made us feel comfortable throughout the ceremony. We strongly recommend him for anyone's wedding, whether it is religious or secular. He is very flexible and wants your wedding to go the way YOU want it to.

Sent on 07/08/2012

Ashley · Married on 06/16/2012

Tim was awesome! He centered the ceremony around us as a couple which I loved! He was so easy to talk to and has a really cool personality!

Sent on 07/31/2012

Sarah · Married on 06/09/2012

Tim Greathouse, our 'official' officiant, saved our day!! We had a major glitch that could have created total chaos, but Tim, the professional that he is, calmed me, the bride, down and took care of the situation and no one knew any differently! He truly believes in marriage and evokes that passion to his wedding couples. We will be forever grateful!

Sent on 06/17/2012

Aimee · Married on 08/29/2015

We LOVE LOVE LOVE Tim! He is so easy to get along with and such a smart funny dude to begin with. And he's a phenomenal officiant, to boot! He keeps you calm through the whole ceremony. He makes little jokes to keep the ceremony light, while still delivering the most beautiful and moving wedding ceremony I've ever experienced (and many of our guests said so as well). We like that he's concerned with the wedding as a whole. For example, he will have you adjust your stance ever so slightly when you arrive at the end of the aisle, so that your pictures turn out perfectly aligned with you and your spouse on either side of him. He will tell you exactly what to do to make your wedding memorable not only while you're in the moment, but also afterwards (he knows how to let the photographer get the best pictures). I cannot recommend him enough. But BOOK EARLY. He is so great that he books up quickly and early.

Sent on 10/01/2015

0.8
      0.5
      1.0

IMPOSSIBLE to get a hold of!! After 1 voicemail (couldn't leave more because his box was full), 2 online submissions and 2 FB messenger messages, I still have no response. Check other review sites and you will see I am not alone.
    Is he out of business?? Is he still alive?? Is he just super busy but will get back to me for a full convo asap?? I wouldn't know. He doesn't take the time to respond to incoming requests.

Sent on 06/13/2016