Tie That Binds Reviews

49 | Portland, OR

49 Reviews for Tie That Binds

Sari · Married on 09/23/2017

Mekala was an absolute dream to work with from start to finish. She is SO talented, and took exactly what my husband and I wanted and then made it one million times better! Mekala did everything for us from our invitations to day-off stuff (signs, escort cards, menus, etc.), and we got tons of compliments on our paper goods. She is extremely talented and very creative, and also the sweetest person ever and very responsive. She was always available for a quick call. We had one issue with shipping and Mekala handled is so professionally and calmly – my husband and I were 0% stressed or worried. She is truly awesome and we highly recommend Tie that Binds!

Sent on 10/03/2017

Ally · Married on 05/28/2016

If you are in the market for any type of paper goods for your wedding, I cannot suggest Tie That Binds more! Mekala was absolutely incredible to work with, not only with her beautiful designs, but in her quick responses, and she even took a call at 8:30am on a Saturday when we had a shipping snafu the week before the wedding. We were over the moon with the finished product and want to keep them all in a frame or something because they are all so beautiful. Thank you so much, Mekala for helping to make our special day even more beautiful!

Sent on 06/01/2016

Jennifer · Married on 10/03/2015

We have no idea where to even begin for this review. Tie That Binds is absolutely amazing! My husband and I are so thrilled with every aspect of all of our paper goods. Mekala took the time to get to know us (from the opposite coast!) and made sure that our invitation suite and other paper goods reflected our personalities, which is exactly what we wanted. So many guests commented that our invitations were the prettiest invitations they have ever received, and then were blown away yet again when they arrived at our reception and saw the seating chart, menus, name tags, signage, and all of our other paper good products. Oh and I almost forgot the beer labels! My husband brewed three different types of beer for our wedding and Mekala designed the most amazing (not to mention, freshest) beer labels, neckers, and caps ever! We plan to frame so many items that Mekala created for us and display them in our home.

We can't really express just how amazing Mekala's work is, and we also can't express how kind and thoughtful Mekala is. She is able to be extremely professional and personable at the same time. She always communicated with us (and our wedding planner and designer, who also loved Mekala) to make sure that we were getting exactly what we wanted, and was very quick to make any changes that we suggested. There really weren't many changes, and they were all very minor, as Mekala's work is incredible! We would highly recommend Tie That Binds for any service that they can help you with. You won't be disappointed. Mekala made the whole process extremely easy. Even though we were working with some tight deadlines, it never showed that we were in a pinch in Mekala's communication or in her work. Everything was perfect! Thank you so much, Mekala! Dean and I feel so lucky to have had you play such a big role in our big day!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Amara · Married on 07/26/2015

I was not a bride that was expecting to care all that much about my invitations, but with Mekala's help our invites turned out to be one of my favorite personal touches of the whole wedding. I absolutely loved them, and 4 months after the wedding am still getting compliments on them. Mekala was incredibly responsive, and worked with me patiently through all my indecisiveness. She even went out of her way to hand-deliver a sample pack of paper to my house so I could get a better feel for the quality and weight of each paper. Above and beyond!

Sent on 12/02/2015

Christina · Married on 07/25/2015

My husband and I were putting on a very large, complicated wedding on July 25th, and everything was coming together smoothly, but there was one thing I had not figured out with one week to go until our wedding, and that was the seating chart! My wedding planner referred me to Mekala from Tie That Binds, and she was a saving grace.

Mekala put together 2 beautiful poster-boards listing each of our 300+ guests by name and their table number. She was professional, prompt in her response times, and gave me ideas and advice where I needed it. She even found a border that matched really well with our colors and our invitations. Everything was ready within a couple days. Although I would not recommend waiting until last minute (as I did) to figure out what to do about a seating chart, I would recommend Tie That Binds every time!!

Sent on 08/10/2015

I started working with Mekala about 8 months before my wedding to create all of our paper products, including invitations, welcome bag items, menus, ceremony programs, table numbers, escort cards, and more! I live in NYC and my wedding planner highly recommended Mekala based on her keen eye, her ability to create custom designs with you, and her overall extremely pleasant demeanor and business approach. I can't give Mekala enough praise and I recommend her services to anyone looking for their perfect wedding invitations!

After our initial phone call where I explained my vision, Mekala sent me three custom designs to review. All were so unique and captured the many elements we were looking for. We picked one to move forward with and then tweaked it from there. Mekala was so sweet in letting us ponder over the smallest things and in the end it made our invites more perfect than we could have imagined! After that, all designs Mekala sent to us for the rest of the paper products were spot on and looked just fantastic! It was so nice to have all of the items from the start of the wedding process to the end be executed with the same vision and theme.

Not only does she provide amazing products, but her compassion and willingness to work with you on an intimate level made the process personal and enjoyable. If we had a quick deadline, her turnaround time was above par. If I needed to call her up to discuss something, she was more than happy to figure it out with me. Her enthusiasm for our wedding, her attention to detail and her organization went above and beyond anything we'd expected. Mekala, thank you for helping to make our wedding the one we wanted and envisioned all along!

Sent on 10/02/2014

Amy · Married on 08/31/2014

Mekala at Tie That Binds is incredible. She designed wedding invitations that totally captured the feel of our wedding. Our guests still talk about them... She was super-easy to work with. We emailed back and forth with her design ideas, and she was super-fast in responding to my emails and incorporating any discussed edits into her design. I HIGHLY recommend her. Her work is really fantastic, and she's as sweet as can be.

Sent on 11/24/2014

Aldo · Married on 08/09/2014

I can't thank Mekala enough for all she did to make my wife's 40th birthday party a huge success! In addition to her beautiful invitations, Mekala went out of her way to mail the invites as I was out of the country. We also added other touches to our party; signs, t-shirts, cake topper, all from Mekala. Thanks for everything Mekala!!!

Sent on 08/14/2014

Mary H. · Married on 05/10/2014

I used the Tie that Binds to design my guests welcome bags for our wedding, and could not be happier with the turn out! Mekala worked with me and helped design my perfect bags. She was so responsive and easy to work with. She was able to use different design elements from my invitation which truly made the welcome bags our own. I would highly recommend Tie that Binds to everyone, you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 07/23/2014

Krissy · Married on 05/03/2014

Mekala is so talented, sweet, and easy to talk to! I searched the web for days looking for the perfect invitations for our wedding and finally saw what I wanted! The process for ordering and creating the invites was very clear and easy to do... any questions I had, Mekala was there to help. When we received our invitations in the mail, it was like opening our first wedding gift! The packaging was beautiful and they are what we will always have to remember the essence of that special day . Thank you Mekala!

Sent on 01/30/2014

Mekala did a beautiful job creating a custom welcome bag suite for our wedding! I would definitely recommend her services as she was easy to work with and very creative!

Sent on 08/18/2014

Mindy · event on: 11/30/2013

Mekala Tinnen of Tie That Binds Weddings is an absolute dream to work with.... This is the 2nd event I have used her for .... Her work is perfection .... She is as PATIENT as they come...and just a delightful person... You can feel her heart in everything that she does ... I recommend her highly!!!

Sent on 12/06/2013

Laureli · Married on 10/05/2013

LOVED OUR INVITATIONS!!! The quality was great and the customer service was incredible! Mikela was super patient and understanding through my bridal panic attacks and even though I was traveling in a different time zone during the finalization she was super responsive.

I had several of my invited guests go out of their way to call to tell me and my parents that these were the coolest and most creative invitations that they had ever received and a couple of them even put it on their facebook!

Sent on 12/08/2013

Lauren · Married on 09/28/2013

Mekala at Tie that Binds was amazing to work with! She created beautiful programs, menus, escort cards and an escort board, as well as table numbers for me. One of the most impressive things about Mekala is that she was really intuitive about what I wanted -- which was incredibly helpful as these items were all done in the last few weeks before my wedding, which meant there was a lot of things going on and I needed someone that could run with a project. Mekala was the perfect person for the job! After an initial conversation about the style of my wedding and sending her a few inspiration ideas on a Pinterest board, she came up with exactly what I wanted. When I saw everything in person, it was all even more beautiful than what I had hoped for.

She was also very responsive and quick with her production time-- which is almost as invaluable as a beautiful product!

Sent on 10/07/2013

Kate · Married on 09/13/2013

Mekala at Tie That Binds created the most beautiful party favors and signs for our wedding! She was such a pleasure to work with. She created stunning custom matchbox party favors based on a few details I gave her about the colors, theme, and feel of our wedding. It was like she read my mind, the first proof was perfect and very punctual. After seeing how amazing the matchboxes came out we had her also create our signs for our reception which were equally as gorgeous. I only wish I had known about her earlier in my planning process to help with other paper needs! She is very creative, talented, a genius at making your wedding vision come to life!

Sent on 08/24/2013
  • F

Faye · Married on 09/07/2013

Mekala is an absolute dream. She loved my quirky idea for an invitation that involved a creative "fold out" design, and she made it happen! She added her own designs to make it seamless and more professional and we both were freaking out at how much we loved them! I used her for my table seating, escort cards, and thank you cards as well. She is a doll and I would absolutely recommend her.

Sent on 10/25/2013

Kate · Married on 04/20/2013

We could not be more pleased with our invitations from Mekala at Tie that Binds. During the entire process she was extremely responsive and helpful. The finished product was an invitation that truly reflects our wedding style and what we had initially envisioned. I can't wait to work with her on the other details for our wedding!

Sent on 02/14/2013

We LOVED our invitations and got so many compliments on them--they were exactly what we had been looking for: simple but elegant (and they were a great price for letterpress). Mekala is also a pleasure to work with--she is friendly, responsive and accommodating. We dealt with her directly and through our wedding planner (who deals with a lot of different vendors) and our planner also thought she was fantastic.

Sent on 03/02/2013
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 11/17/2012

I love my wedding invitations! They are so cute, extremely well done, and are perfectly detailed. I absolutely love them and have already gotten compliments on them.
    Thank you Mekala for all the hard work!

Sent on 03/06/2013

Megan · Married on 09/29/2012

Mekala designed the signage and programs for my wedding and I couldn't have been happier with the final product! She is easy to work with and kept my "vision" in mind throughout the whole process. Thank you again! :)

Sent on 01/02/2013

Mekala is a joy to work with! Prompt, efficient, and soothing for a stressful time! I would use her all over again!

Sent on 12/12/2012

Lizzie · Married on 09/08/2012

Mekala from Tie That Binds was a dream to work with. From our first email to our last interaction she was prompt, professional, and supportive. She was so patient with me and my ideas and creativity designed the save the dates, invitations, and response cards for our wedding. After receiving these items I was so impressed with her beautiful work and attention to detail that I hired her to make a seating chart, table numbers, bride and groom signs, and guest place cards. Mekala was so sweet during the entire process and made our San Francisco and Paris theme come to life.

Sent on 01/02/2013

Arieanne · Married on 06/10/2012

Thank you Mekala for making us the most beautiful invitations for our wedding! Not only did you try to do everything possible to accommodate our needs and requests, you were extremely professional at all times. Any design I wanted to alter you made happen. We received nothing but wonderful compliments on our wedding invitations and everything was received in a fast and speedy time! Thanks!

Sent on 05/17/2012

Kate · Married on 05/12/2012

I could not possibly be more pleased with our wedding invitations from Tie That Binds. In addition to the fact that they had a style that matched our personality, Mekala (whom we worked with) customized everything to our exact specifications. The invites came out perfectly! Seriously, I feel like I've gotten so much wrong in planning this wedding, this feels like the one thing I did right. Without exaggeration, we have gotten more positive feedback about our invitations than any other element of the wedding. The materials were classy, the design was edgy, the color-scheme was modern... I'm telling you, they were perfect. I won't be having another wedding, obviously, but I would HIGHLY recommend that anyone who wants to wow people with their invites should use Tie That Binds. I couldn't be happier that I did!

Sent on 03/20/2012

Sophia · Married on 05/08/2012

The Tie That Binds (Mekala) did a fantastic job with the stationery for our wedding (invite, RSVP card, thank you card, place cards, table numbers, menus, matchbox favours). I was one of those fussy brides; I didn't really know what I wanted, but knew what I didn't like. Mekala was fantastic with the design process and was quick to respond (all over email) and worked within our required time frame. We ended up creating a theme to the wedding that was beyond what I could even have hoped for. The cost of our stationery was very competitive and I had shopped around and found her to be the best value for money, and especially for letterpress.

The best part about dealing with Mekala was when I first recieved my wedding invitations. It was the first time I got REALLY excited about the wedding and they were just perfect. I was like a kid at Christmas time. When we sent the invites out we got so many compliments from our friends and family. They really loved them.

The second best thing was that I was living in Australia and didn't leave my house to organise the stationery - it was all over the internet. Not only was I living in Australia, but my wedding was in Greece, so Mekala was able to ship the reception stationery to the venue so that I didn't have to pack it all with me. I really could not have done it without her.

The wedding itself was much the same. The matchboxes were a hit with the guests and such a cool idea, and the menus and place cards perfectly fit the ambiance.

I would definitely recommend her to any brides to be, and have even recommended one friend of my own. She liked my invites so much she had Mekala do the exact same style for her wedding.

Sent on 01/09/2012