Thyme 2 Cater Reviews

16 | Kernersville, NC

16 Reviews for Thyme 2 Cater

• Carolyn

Carolyn · Married on 06/01/2019

Outstanding service and Delicious food!!

We just had our wedding and we are SO thankful we chose to use Thyme 2 Cater!! Andrew and his staff are willing to go out of their way to ensure your event is special and just how you planned it. Chef Mike had the caterer tasting at our house and he boxed up all the leftovers for us -- his food is DELICIOUS! My favorite part about them is that they are willing to accommodate any of your guests' dietary needs. We had someone with severe celiac who cannot have cross contamination, and they were accommodated no problem for no extra charge. They discounted the kids plates and the babies were free. We worked with Brittany for all the logistics, and she made the planning process so much easier! During our reception, the caterers already had a plate for myself and the groom at the sweetheart table with what we wanted, which was a really sweet touch. All the linens and dishware were perfect and they even rolled up the napkins however you chose. If you are on a tight budget, like I was, but still want great food for your guests or even if you just want an honest local company, then Thyme 2 Cater is the way to go. We will definitely be using them again!!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Meg O'Mara · Married on 05/11/2019

Great experience!

Andy and his team catered our wedding on 5/11/2019. I am so glad that we went with them! They were responsive throughout the entire process, from the tasting to the day of the event! The food was absolutely amazing - I received many complements from guests about several of the dishes. Andy himself went to every table to ensure each guest was satisfied. He also made sure that my husband and I had full drinks the entire night! At one point, we were running low and Andy left the reception to purchase more of the most popular beer. He went above and beyond every step of the way and we are so grateful!

Sent on 05/28/2019

Kat Anthony · Married on 11/24/2018

Perfect Night!

We used Thyme 2 Cater for our wedding last night and could not be more pleased! From the beginning everything was handled professionally and promptly. Our tasting was at our home so we felt very comfortable and all of the food tasted just as delicious last night as it did a year ago when we booked them! The staff was super nice and professional and the night ran very smoothly! Thank you guys so much!

Sent on 12/08/2018
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 11/17/2018

Wonderful service, Wonderful people, Wonderful food!

Thyme 2 Cater was amazing! Some of the nicest and chilliest people I've ever met and worked with. Fell in love at an open house at our venue and booked them that very day! We had the baked chicken and veggies, the pulled pork BBQ, green beans, and THE BEST MASHED POTATOES IN MY LIFE!

Sent on 01/12/2019

Jennifer · Married on 10/13/2018

Great food at a great price

Andy and his team do such amazing work. The food is amazing and they are such a great team to work with.

Sent on 11/04/2018

Samantha · Married on 06/02/2018

Wow! I had a wedding in June 2018 and Thyme2Cater was one of my favorite vendors at my whole wedding. They were extremely easy to work with. They did the food tasting in our on house and we loved everything! The day of the wedding we had Fresh fruit, bacon wrapped scallops, bacon wrapper jalapenos, spinach dip as appetizers. The bacon wrapped scallops were my favorite! For the entree we had, plated salad and buffet with Chicken Florentine (my favorite), Beef brisket, pepper jack mac n cheese and mashed potatoes. I have never gotten so many complements on mashed potatoes before! I would highly recommend them to anyone for an event!

Sent on 06/19/2018

Jessica · Married on 04/28/2018

Highly recommend Andrew and his team! We were so happy with them, we knew Thyme 2 Cater was the one after our tasting! Andrew’s personality was great and he is super easy going! Before the wedding they kept in contact with me and made sure we had everything! Jennifer was awesome! She was super quick on responses and so was Andrew! Food was awesome, everything was prepared so nicely! The whole night Andrew checked on us to refill our drinks and made sure we were ok! The whole staff was incredible! Our family was so happy with them as well! They were very impressed with Andrew! We are so happy we chose Thyme 2 Cater! Thank you so much Andrew, Jennifer, and the whole Thyme 2 Cater team! I really can’t thank y’all enough!

Sent on 05/30/2018

Jessica · Married on 04/15/2017

Andy with Thyme 2 Cater and all his staff were beyond amazing! They catered our wedding and so many guests inquired about who catered. When we were originally searching for a caterer, we tasted with Thyme 2 Cater and another catering company. The alternative catering company allowed us only one tasting, and limited the food we were able to taste. It made it very difficult to get a good idea of what we would be enjoying on our wedding day. With Thyme 2 Cater, we were not limited with how many items we could choose to taste, and at our tasting they made us full servings, and sent us home with leftovers to eat for dinners all week! They even allowed us to come back and have a second tasting, which was actually incredibly helpful and helped us solidify our menu for our wedding. For those of you who have planned a wedding, you know that guests can sometimes go back and forth with their RSVP's and sometimes you could be adding more plates to be on the safe side for wishy washy guests. Andy with Thyme 2 Cater worked so well with us no matter what stressful situation arose, and went ABOVE AND BEYOND what we paid for and did so much more for us than what was on our invoice. He was extremely patient with me as the bride, and every time we met with him, he offered helpful wedding advice, and his positive and calm attitude allowed us to feel confident about our wedding. I HIGHLY recommend Thyme 2 Cater for any of your catering needs. They are so incredibly professional and talented. They know food and catering and the restaurant business, and they do it so well.

Sent on 04/17/2017

Suzanne · Married on 05/19/2013

Thyme 2 Cater was recommended to me by my wedding planner, Sue from Bella Wedding Galleria. They brought our tea, lemonade, chairs, silverware, etc.
    They are extremely efficient, professional & work hard. They set all up and took it down very fast and it all looked great. I could not be happier w/ them and their service.

Sent on 06/21/2013
  • Anna Rae

Anna Rae · Married on 10/08/2016

Andy and JJ were wonderful to work with from the beginning. They were suggested by our venue and they did not disappoint. Everyone raved about the food and were very impressed by the family style service. Andy was so helpful and flexible when a hurricane hit the weekend of our wedding.

Sent on 10/22/2016

Andy and his staff were amazing! The prime rib was the best we ever had.

Sent on 08/13/2013

Emily · Married on 05/25/2013

We spoke to many caterers for our event and Andy was the best value. He made sure we didn't have a lot of food leftover by making sure we appealed to everyone. Also I have to eat Gluten free and without me even asking him he made a special dish for me. He recommended the pulled pork and it was superb! I was very impressed with the food and the staff, all of my guests told me they loved the food. Plus I am a stickler for promptness and they were 15 minutes early which was awesome. Thanks so much for helping us have a great party!!

Sent on 05/27/2013

Food was awesome and they went above and beyond anything imaginable!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Jennifer · Married on 03/09/2013

Andy was great and the food was awesome! My guests could not stop talking about how good the food was. They always say the bride doesnt get to eat at a wedding reception but I made it a point to get a plate for sure. Thanks to Andy and his crew for a job well done.

Sent on 03/21/2013

Chrissy · Married on 07/21/2018

3.5

Thyme 2 Cater catered our wedding in July and did a phenomenal job. From the tasting through the day-of execution, Andy and Jennifer were wonderful to work with. They designed us a great menu at fair prices, and we got many compliments from our guests on the food and professionalism of the catering staff. Andy even greeted each table at the wedding to make sure everyone was happy with the food. We are so thankful for their services, delicious food, and professionalism during the big day.

Sent on 08/25/2018
  • Alexandria

Alexandria · Married on 10/20/2018

3.4
      3.0

Uncertain if I would recommend them or not

Unfortunately we didn’t have the experience that we expected. When we first meet them they were such fun and great people and it seemed as they would be a really great fit for our outdoor wedding, and most importantly the food was incredible at the tasting. They helped to customize our food station menu and everything seemed like it was going to be perfect.

The food on the day of the wedding was unfortunately not the same food we tasted whatsoever. Supposedly they had gotten a new chef in between the tasting and the wedding, however in my opinion that is not an excuse at all.

For the amount of money we spent I felt like it could’ve been so much better. And aside from the taste/ingredients that changed. Everything was completely cold. Our wedding was outdoors in October so it was a cold night and I know that can play a part, however they knew that when we signed the contract and said they would make sure to keep it hot. Which they didn’t deliver on.

They did go around to every table and apologize about the food being cold, so that was a very nice gesture. Really nice and fun people I feel like they didn’t deliver the way we expected them to.

Sent on 12/06/2018