Thompson's Cakes Reviews

Thompson's Cakes 5
  • Jessy

Jessy Jessy · Married on 05/25/2019

Fabulous!!!

Cake and cupcakes where delicious!

Sent on 06/02/2019

Thompson's Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words and the excellent review. It really means a lot to me that you had a wonderful dessert for that special day. God bless you and your future!

Jessica · Married on 11/03/2018

So beautiful

Gail with Thompson’s cake was so amazing she really listens to what you want and gives great feedback on ideas. I would have gone with anyone else.

Sent on 01/31/2019
    Thompson's Cakes 6

Thompson's Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words and your review. It means so much to me when I get feedback. I am so happy to have shared that special day with you both. Many blessed years ahead. Best Day Ever....
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 10/13/2018

Delicious and Easy Going

Gail is FANTASTIC! She really really knows her stuff. The cake was beautiful and delicious. Everything I could have asked for.

Sent on 01/03/2019
    Thompson's Cakes 7
    Thompson's Cakes 8

Thompson's Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words and the wonderful review that you gave me. It was my pleasure to be able to share that very special day with you. God bless you both, Gail.

Heidi · Married on 03/04/2018

Wow!!! Gail is a Cake Goddess!! I cannot compliment her enough...from our first meet we were sold! Our freshly baked cake samples to her lovely caring personality, we hit the jackpot with Thompson’s cakes!! Best cake I have ever tasted ( and reasonable too!) and we had compliments all evening long on our cake. Thank you Gail, and keep making many brides happy in the years to come!!

Sent on 03/07/2018
    Thompson's Cakes 9
    Thompson's Cakes 10

Thompson's Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much Heidi for your kind words and a great review. It was my pleasure to be able to share your special day.

Connie · Married on 07/16/2017

Beautiful cake!!! Gorgeous cake stand provided!!! Very friendly and responsive. We highly recommend!

Sent on 12/15/2017

Monica · Married on 03/25/2017

Gail is wonderful. She is so artistic and created a cake and cupcakes for our wedding reception that went beyond expectation. I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 04/22/2017

Jennifer · Married on 03/18/2017

So loved working with Thompson's Cakes for my parents surprise 50th anniversary. They created a masterpiece that was delicious!!! Exceeded all of my expectations.

Sent on 03/28/2017

Patricia · Married on 02/11/2017

Gail is the BEST. Seriously, she is the kindest, sweetest woman who worked with us for our wedding cake. Her cakes, pies, cupcakes, and basically anything she makes are absolutely delicious. It was so much fun working with her, too. She even picked up the flowers for our wedding cake and decorated it. If you are looking for a great tasting, beautiful wedding cake with an affordable price tag, talk to Gail because she is a one-of-a-kind!

Sent on 02/28/2017

Jill · Married on 09/27/2016

We live in Illinois but my daughter wanted to get married at Siesta Key, Florida. Everyone we found was online, and we went by reviews. Gail was awesome to work with! I spoke with her by phone and through email. My daughter had a picture of a cake which we emailed, and Gail did it precisely. The cake was beautifully decorated, and deliciously moist and tasty! She delivered it to the venue, and all for a very reasonable price. I did wedding cakes for years in Houston, and feel I'm pretty much an expert, and I would recommend her to anyone that asks!

Sent on 10/10/2016
  • W

Wendy · Married on 09/09/2016

Gail was so wonderful to work with and she produced such a marvelous cake for our wedding reception. Since it was a destination wedding I wasn't able to taste anything prior and I just had to trust things would turn out great. The restaurant where we had our reception was in awe as well and took many pictures of it before we even got there. It was absolutely marvelous and I even managed to take the top tier back with me to Chicago.

Sent on 09/13/2016

Erica · Married on 09/03/2016

Gail's cakes are beautiful and delicious! We are so thankful to Gail for making our stunning wedding cake and for the time she spent with us going over potential options and flavors. Gail is kind, professional and efficient. I will be a returning customer without a doubt for any future family celebrations. The best value, the best quality, the best visually pleasing cake! We could not have asked for more. Thank you Gail !!

Sent on 09/05/2016

Amanda · Married on 05/28/2016

You are dumb if you don't use Gail for your wedding cake. Seriously! She is so kind, gracious and talented. Her cakes are AMAZING. Gail is incredibly accommodating, professional and overall one of the nicest women I've ever met. She is full of joy and I LOVED working with her. Our cake was beautiful and tasted great! She also did a groom's cake that was AWESOME! Gail ROCKS!

Sent on 06/05/2016

Jean · Married on 05/28/2016

We love Gail Thompson and Thompson cakes! We used Gail for our daughter's shower cake, groom's cake, wedding cake and cookie table. Her caring attitude and genuine interest in our family was so appreciated, not to mention her cakes and cookies are delicious. Not only do her cookies and cakes taste great, they look amazing too. She designed a cake for my son in law's Alma mater that was perfect. The wedding cake was stunning, as she designed it from a picture my daughter provided. We are so pleased with everything Gail did and highly recommend her for weddings or any other occasions.

Sent on 06/05/2016

Laurel · Married on 07/18/2015

Our cake was beautiful and tasted delicious. I was completely impressed.

Sent on 07/21/2015

Gail met with us about a year in advance to discuss our cake needs and wants. I showed her a picture of what I wanted and she was able to make an even more gorgeous cake for our wedding. Not only was the cake beautiful, it was DELICIOUS!

Sent on 07/01/2015

Britney · Married on 03/21/2015

Gail was an absolute pleasure to work with! She was very thorough during our consultation to ensure our needs/wants were met. She was accessible and flexible when our request needed to be modified due to a change in guest count. Her creativity is phenomenal, and the cupcakes/cake she made tied into our wedding theme perfectly. I would highly suggest Gail to any future brides, as she exceeded my expectations regarding our wedding cake/cupcakes!

Sent on 03/25/2015

Excellent! Delicious! Wonderful to work with!!

Sent on 04/05/2015

Casey · Married on 12/13/2014

Gail is an absolute delight to work with and her cakes are incredibly delicious. She does her cake tastings in a slightly unconventional way, (she sends it home with you!) so that you and your whole family can try the flavors and so you can stuff your face with a little less guilt :) My fiancé (now husband) and I chose the salted caramel cake with a fudge filling for our December wedding. We also decided to do a dummy-cake to decorate and served sheet cake to our guests to speed up service and to save some money. Everyone absolutely loved the cake and the dummy-cake allowed us to put our themed non-food safe decorations directly on the cake to achieve the look we really wanted.

Sent on 01/20/2016

I really enjoyed working with Gail @ Thompson Cakes. She was unbelievably kind and helpful. I had no clue where to even start with my wedding cake, but she was more than willing to help with every step of the way. We enjoyed her tastings so much that we decided to use her services for our rehearsal dinner and wedding. She is so easy to work with and a pure joy to do business with. Thanks Gail!

Sent on 12/20/2014

Kim · Married on 11/08/2014

Well my husband says she's awesome, fun and a foody! Gail transformed someone who wasn't much interested in the cake into someone who anxiously awaited seeing (and tasting) the wedding cake. We were treated like family as we sat at the kitchen table where her children grew up and discussed cakes. She truly loves what she does and desires to make the perfect cake for you. It was fabulous!

Sent on 12/09/2014

Peggy · Married on 10/12/2014

My wedding was last minute and she came through with a delicious AND beautiful cake. I would highly recommend her for any event requiring a beautiful cake!

Sent on 11/16/2015

Thompson's Cakes made the wedding cake of our dreams for our Yankee themed baseball wedding! AND it was beyond declicious!!!

Sent on 11/29/2014

Stephanie · Married on 04/12/2014

I had an excellent experience with Gail at Thompson's Cakes, and if you want a delicious wedding cake, look no further! Guests continue to rave about my wedding cake (Italian cream cake with strawberries and cream filling) and say that it's the best cake they've ever tasted, and I agree! Can't wait to dig into the top we saved for our anniversary. Not only was the cake delicious, but the price was very competitive. Do yourself a favor and use Thompson's Cakes for your wedding!

Sent on 04/23/2014

Rachel · Married on 04/05/2014

The cake was more than we envisioned and Gail was so delightful to work with. We couldn't be happier with our choice and will be recommending her to all!

Sent on 04/12/2014

Tiffany · Married on 02/28/2014

Gail was fabulous! The whole experience from start to finish was delightful and delicious! Not only are her cakes lovely and beautiful to look at, they taste like a cake should taste on the happiest day of your life! I highly recommend them for any and all events you have!

Sent on 11/24/2014